Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fiesta100fiesta100 Member Posts: 7
    For someone else's future reference, I just purchased my 2010 camry hybrid for $28,076 plus tax and tags ($29,000 out the door). That price is $1440 below the TMV. MSRP was $32,715. Options were navigation, leather, heated seats, moonroof, carpet and trunk mats.

I purchased from Mechanicsville Toyota in VA and was very happy with my experience there.
  • wsc3wsc3 Member Posts: 3
    Salesman stated he would sell for $27479 out eh door. The lease is $294.00 for 36 months with $2000 down. The dealer is in Connecticut. Look like it is worth it to you?
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    You don't really give enough info, don't know the options your vehicle has.

Compare the MSRP and features to www.fitzmall.com. They are in a pretty geographically competitive area, and have very good prices. That will give you a pretty good target to shoot for up in Conn....or you could always fly/train it down to DC if it's worth it to you.
  • wsc3wsc3 Member Posts: 3
    2010 Toyota Camry XLE w/Navigation, leather, moonroof, JBL Audio 6idisk CD

MSRP: $28,892.00
    LEV:$18,006.00
    LEV%:%62.32
    Down Payment: $2000.00
    Money Factor:0.00050
    Monthly payment $294.01
    Let me know if you need any more information.
  • daveodysseydaveodyssey Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2010
    Hi everyone. I live in Richmond, VA and looking to buy a new basic Camry LE with little or no addional options. How much is a good price to pay at this point in time. Price included tax, title, and fee.(OTD price) The MSRP of the car I was looking at is $22850.Thanks for all response.
  • fiesta100fiesta100 Member Posts: 7
    I just bought a camry hybrid in the Richmond area. I calculated the true market value (TMV) on Edmunds and did my price comparisons with the internet sales department (using the request quotes feature on Edmunds.com). The quotes I got were all over the place - Haley Toyota's first price quote came in $1800 higher than the lowest first quote I received (from Fitgerald Toyota in MD, just 2 hrs from here). I ended up purchasing from Mechanicsville Toyota when they beat the MD price. If you get quotes from Fitzgerald Toyota in MD as well as a few Richmond dealers, you will quickly see what the range of prices is and then you can ask them to match each other. Good luck!
  • pointofsaleguypointofsaleguy Member Posts: 2
    Received email offer for XLE 4 cyl from a local dealer:

MSRP - $27,995
    Offer - $23,455 + get the $1250 rebate

Seems a little to good to be true. I might head over there this weekend to check it out.
  • dcinnabardcinnabar Member Posts: 2
    This is for a 2010 Camry LE, Automatic with no other features in NE Florida.
    after a lot of negotiating I got an OTD quote of $18,900
    that includes tax, tag, title, fees, etc...
    I've been browsing the forums for a while now and I want to know, how does this sound to you guys (and gals)?
  • rnahouraiirnahouraii Member Posts: 22
    World Toyota in Atlanta has been emailing an LE at 16800 before fees.
  • rnahouraiirnahouraii Member Posts: 22
    LE auto
  • dcinnabardcinnabar Member Posts: 2
    Thanks mahouraii! Here's how I crunched the numbers..

$16,800 + $682 (SE Toyota Destination and Admin charge) + $750 Destination Charge + 7% sales tax + approx $100 for a FL title + tag transfer = approx $19,610.

Now, I'm not sure if that base price has already factored in manufacturer rebates to the dealer or loyalty discounts for the customer (I am a previous Toyota owner)
    but we'll be getting it for about $700 less than that.

How does this look to everyone else?
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Well, 16800 + 682 + 750 = 18232 + TTL.

It's a good deal if it was last year. With the current fiasco and 2011 on lot, I think it's an o.k deal at most.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Well compared to what the local dealers are selling them for ($19,995) that sounds like a good deal, guess in my area the market isn't as distressed.
  • lavelilaveli Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2010
    Hi can anyone help,

this is what i got for a Camry LE

MSRP $23,000
    Invoice $21,000
    selling to me for $20,700
    OTD (tax+lic fees) $23,000

I am in the SoCal area. Also this includes the $1,000 new college grad and i'm going to go with the 1.9%apr
    high

should get that price easily without the college grad rebate
  • lavelilaveli Member Posts: 12
    How much lower can we go below invoice? And how do I know if that is the invoice? Im talking to them through emails, I have not seen the car yet.
  • pointofsaleguypointofsaleguy Member Posts: 2
    Close enough...so I went ahead and did it. Good buying experience .. I love how they tell me 'we are losing $600 on this car from our NET prices, but we hope you will return and buy another car again so that's why we do that'....

MSRP - $27,795 - XLE 4 cyl Auto + Leather/Heated Seats + Smart Key + Dest
    Selling Price - $23,683
    Doc Fee - $250
    Taxes $1,495.81 (OH)
    Title - $33.50
    Rebate - Additional $1250 off
    OTD - $24,212.31

Happy with Bluetooth in the car, my main requirement. Getting a deal like this is why I don't enjoy buying a car - there is NO WAY, based on the 'information' provided by Edmunds and the like that I should be able to get this pricing. So I've decided in my next career to become a car dealer to figure out how they really price and pay for cars :)

Thanks to all who post and provide information..
    I love how they tell me 'we are losing $600 on this car from our NET prices, but we hope you will return and buy another car again so that's why we do that'....

I heard that all the time...sometimes I make fun of them by saying "You keep telling you make no money or losing money every time I purchase a car but you're still in business." They just smile at me. :P
  • jason50jason50 Member Posts: 55
    I thought the sale of Camrys were on hold until they got the brakes issue fixed? Also, have you guys gotten a better offe/deal since this scandal broke?
  • supercoolmansupercoolman Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a Camry LE 2010 with alloy wheel. Out the door price included new tag is $20K. MSRP ~$23K. I'm here in North FL. Hopefully, that is a good deal.
  • silvercoupesilvercoupe Member Posts: 326
    This should give you some idea of what pricing should be:

http://www.truecar.com/index.html

I actually got my 2010 SE in early January at very near the "Trucost" at that time.
  • willyg1willyg1 Member Posts: 1
    where are you finding a deal like this on a camry SE in south florida. I am in the hollywood area, have visited three dealerships and the best price I am getting on an LE is $19300. What am I doing wrong?
    Sorry, I wish I'm in FL :cry: ...I'm in Philly. I'm not in the market for a new car. However, I think you guys should try to get lower on the Camry b/c of the fiasco and the 2011 is already out. The LE has been selling in the low 19K for a while.

If the dealer in your area doesn't to give more discount on the '10, you might as well get the '11 for about 1K more?
  • razer01razer01 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2010
    Do you guys know if the $1000 owner loyalty coupon can still be used? And if it can, if it can be used with the 0% for 60 months?
  • jason50jason50 Member Posts: 55
    model in Houston. Has anyone bought a base model in Houston? Is it possible to get one for $20k OTD?
  • malibu0212malibu0212 Member Posts: 16
    I am in Houston - and I am looking for a Camry LE A4. Well, the dealers here are tough to deal, price is 20k+TTL = ~$21,500

I am thinking of going elsewhere if I really wanna a Camry.

Not only Toyota dealers, the Lexus dealer here are hard to deal...
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Last month Toyota sales were down 9%, I'm guessing they will go down again for March. I just bought a Ford Fusion (i'm not here to switch you) but wanted to buy a Camry. The dealer did the typical bait and switch on me. I wanted a Camry LE with bluetooth and sunroof, they had 4 just like this. I was given a price of, 21K out the door.So I went down, drove it loved it, when it came down for the deal, the salesman came back with a price of 23,900 out the door. I was shocked, show him the e-mails we exchanged, his manager said we had one but its sold. Yeah right.. I walked, I walked across the street to the Ford dealer, test drove a base Fusion SE 6 spd manuel with the only option was thier SYNC system. LOVE IT, I was able to get it out the door for $19,670. But if you want a Camry get ready to play games, which I'm seeing as a problem with Toyota... Also Check CarMax they have new car dealers and Toyota is one of them, I saw some excellent prices, but i didn't want to drive 1250 miles for that deal.
  • fredpmanfredpman Member Posts: 4
    I rarely write reviews for a car dealer. But this one I must.

My buying experience. . . .

Toyota is trying to win back customers . . .

So, I wanted to look at Camry and Prius (for good gas mileage) on Wednesday evening. I parked my car and as I tried to walk in, a salesman came out of the front door and said, "Hey, what you need?"

Instant turn off. He was acting as if I were a door to door salesman coming onto his property.

I told him if there any good deals on Camry or Prius. He said, "Hey, this is Toyota, but we are will to selling to you for MSRP."

I asked "No discount on any new cars"

He said, "There's nothing in our lot that's below MSRP. That goes for our trucks too."

Toyota overall are great cars but this was a perfect example of an arrogant salesman just ruined my attempt to even look at the Toyotas. What about trying to win back customers?

If anyone is working at or familiar with this dealer, the sales man (forgot his name) was about 5 foot 4 inches tall, big forehead, African descent with a strong non- American accent.

Anyone ever had this kind of experience? Don't they know they are not the Toyota dealer in Texas? :confuse:

Mr. Toyoda, good luck trying win back customers with people like this working for you.
    edited March 2010
    Just came back from the dealership, had to buy a couple parts (daughter decided the rear bumper was too nice in one piece and it could use some ventilation holes....), but strolled the new car lot on the way out.

Big sticky on 2010 LE automatics 18K +tax, tags (actually 17,999), corollas are 16K.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    The Toyota dealers have always been hard to deal with in the San Antonio area and from the sound of it not much better in Houston. The Gulf States Toyota charge really hurts as it adds on average $700.00 to the price but apparently Texans buy more Toyota's so they don't feel the need to offer anything more than the low APR.
  • silvercoupesilvercoupe Member Posts: 326
    But if you want a Camry get ready to play games, which I'm seeing as a problem with Toyota

Must be a regional thing.

When I purchased my 2010 SE in early January the dealer provided me with a printout of their best offer, which was $2,500 below MSRP. Said if I did not want the .9% financing, then they would reduce the price an additional $1,500 (dealer cash that was in effect at that time).

So, with no hassle, I was able to purchase a 2010 Camry SE for $4,000 below MSRP.

I would think that deals like this, or even better, would be readily available now.
  • gopalangopalan Member Posts: 6
    I bought camry le 2010 last sunday. Drive out price was 20100 $ + 0% APR (46 months) financing and life time engine and transmission warranty. Price includes toyota loyalty rebate. Is the deal was good?
    edited March 2010
    Since there are different city, county, state sales taxes, and different DMV and license fees, it would be impossible to answer your question with the data provided.

Let's try it this way....

What was the MSRP of your vehicle, and how much did you pay for it including dealers administrative fees.

Everything except tax, tags, and license....
  • dongnyoungdongnyoung Member Posts: 1
    I am in Tampa, FL and look for either a 2010 Camry LE(4-cyl, auto,and leather seat) or XLE(4-cyl and leather seat). With a trade-in(2003 VW Passat), what would be the good OTD price with 0% financing?
    Trades complicate deal comparison, as the market can vary widely depending on your area and condition of the vehicle which only trained eyes can evaluate.

You can look at www.fitzmall.com, and get a reasonably good comparison on the new vehicle. Take your trade to a company like Carmax, who will give you a free quote on buying your vehicle outright. Some who don't mind the hassle and risk, will attempt to sell it themselves.

Those two price points, will give you a relative price point (new - old, then add tax/tag/license). Go to a number of dealerships with your trade, and let them work up their own numbers for you.

On my last trade transaction, most of the local dealers weren't real interested in my trade due to it's age, mileage, and size. I went to a dealership about 1/2 hour away, and that dealer sold alot of those types of used vehicles. The overall transaction at that dealership saved me quite a bit of money based on what they allocated me for the trade. It was much more than I could have sold it myself locally, and their new car price was actually the most competitive for the new vehicle as well.

Win win transaction for both of us.
  • cfc1967cfc1967 Member Posts: 1
    looking for a 4 cyl se 2010 camry. quoted a price of $22348 includes a se extra package #1 moonroof. mrsp of $24605. includes destination charge, Would i be better of buying a 2011 or is this a good price? any rebates available? im in mid atlantic region.
  • dturrdturr Member Posts: 70
    There is a saying that is common in Europe.

Toyota as a corporation is acting like a common criminal, they only admit to 20% of the truth.
    If you are thinking of making a purchase remember these words Let The Buyer Beware.
  • akasuakasu Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

Your deal sounds very attractive. Would you please tell me your dealership name, city and state. Does the out of door price include tax?

Thanks! :(
  • legalmanlegalman Member Posts: 6
    Toyota has been forced to hand a 'smoking gun' memo produced by its own factory workers to US investigators probing a spate of system faults.
    The two-page document, sent to president of the company Katsuaki Watanabe in 2006, warned of systematic threats to car safety.
    Damningly

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1257161/Toyota-smoking-gun-mem- o-staff-warned-safety-issues-FOUR-years-ago.html#ixzz0hsGpWQFW
  • doctor9doctor9 Member Posts: 1
    I am in eastern North carolina region , I am getting a deal on camry2010 base trim,out the door price 21400 with 0% apr for 60 months .Is it a good deal ?
    edited March 2010
    high

Go to www.fitzmall.com for comparable pricing. They're in the DC area (less than 4 hrs from you), and it's a much more competitive area with better deals.

Check out their no hassle website, then read past posts on this forum.
  • aboss3aboss3 Member Posts: 9
    After shopping around in Los Angeles, I got the best quote for 2010 Camry LE (base) as $21,132 total out-the-door price from Thousand Oaks Toyota.

Is that a good deal? :surprise:
  • ssstewartssstewart Member Posts: 1
    Right now on Ebay, Town and Country Toyota in Charlotte is offering a selection of New Camry LE 2010 models for the buy it now price of $18619.

To check it out, search for "why buy used camry" on the Ebay site.

P.S. I showed this to a local dealer and they immediately honored it. ($23400 was brought down to $18619 immediately)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Are the Toyota incentives tempting you? A reporter wants to know. Please respond to pr@edmunds.com with your thoughts no later than Tuesday, March 23, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• aboss3aboss3 Member Posts: 9
    Are there Toyota loyalty rebates, besides the $1k college grad and $1k factory rebates?

As shopping for a new 2010 Camry, I came across only these 2 rebates, and $21000 price for LE model.

Now thinking of going lower for base in order to make it under $20k OTD price.
    Where is the dealer you talked about? Houston or somewhere else?
    Thanks for the tip. Where is your dealer?

Will ask one or two Houston dealers - but I doubt they will match.
  • camry_ridercamry_rider Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Iam planning to buy a Toyota camry 2010 LE - Automatic Transmission - V4 Magnetic grey within the 0% APR offer time period. If some one who has already purchased 2010 Camry LE, can refer me to their dealer with the best offer they got it will be really helpful.

My Location: Parsippany, NJ
    So if the dealer is in and around this area, it would be awesome!

Thanks in advance.
  • protohamsterprotohamster Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    I paid 21200 out the door for a 2010 Camry LE I4 automatic in the Houston Area. The buying experience was ok, and I think overall I got a decent price. Gulf Coast Toyota charging 805 for shipping fee kinda sucks.
  • akasuakasu Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    I bought a 2010 Camry LE in Fitzmall.com Chambursburg PA yesterday.

I found this thread on edmunds.com. After comparing the price with the offers provided by the dealers in Cincinnati and Columbus area, I found it is pretty nice, 21,100 out the door price which included 7% tax and 0% APR 60 months. The LE I bought was a base model, with no advanced trim other than floor mates.

The interesting thing is that I was cautious when I signed every thing over there, since I've heard lots kinds of cheating while dealing with the dealer. However, Mary Dennis, the internet saleswoman, was nice, dilligent and honest, helping me clearify every thing the night before I went there. After the deal, I know she is reliable.

In terms of the price, I did not negotiate with her any more because even the dealers in my area recomemded me, " if you can buy a LE with that price, I encourage you do that". :)