Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• superman12superman12 Member Posts: 22
    yes that includes rebate, today sep 3 and tomorrow again they have same deal, see houston chronicle or joemyerstoyota website. if u need additional help email hunting4deal@gmail.com
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Seen an ad on t v about this car for $14,888 down here in South Florida...might have been the Toyota of Hollywood store. That sounds like an excellent deal on this car. My interest has been piqued so I might just take a ride down there this weekend.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• danhoustondanhouston Member Posts: 20
    if you can, spend $2 or 3K more (depends on the trim line) to get a camry. it's considerably a better car than a corolla in terms of value, ride, comfort & room. also, the 2011 camry has a brake override that can prevent any accidental acceleration while the corolla is still a 2010 model which doesn't have that safety feature.

that's my two cents...
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    does the v6 usepremium fuel, or regular 87 octane?
  • winecounrtywinecounrty Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2010
    If you live in the San Francisco Bay area. Run don't walk to Dublin Toyota.. There pricing is extremely aggressive. Dealt with the internet dept thru TruCAR. Amazing transaction. Price was so good I was asked not to publish in public forum,contact Hash.B, use TRUCAR for connection for pricing,this process cost's you nothing.
    I have an associate that owns a Toyota dealership and he could not meet this price, No kidding
    On top of the price the transaction was plain, simple and the price which was quoted was honored.
    NO BRAIN DAMAGE.
    Hope this helps anyone looking for a deal on TOYOTA'S.. PS THIS DEALER IS HUGE. LOT'S OF INVENTORY :):):)
    I DO NOT HAVE ANY AFFILIATION WITH THIS DEALERSHIP OTHER THAN MAKING MY PURCHASE TONIGHT.
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    been seeing this ad in my newspaper from my local toyota dealership advertiseing a 2011 camry base model with auto,keyless entry,floor mats,ect for $15,888.00
    labor day weekend sale.i have to take a ride over there to atleast see if this deal is for real or not......
    edited September 2010
    not as good as those for august in some regions though toyota sales were down last month's. in gulf states area, toyota took away the free 2yr./25K maintenance
  • ed17ed17 Member Posts: 7
    Did they really take away the free maintenance? They've still got it listed here: http://gulfstates.buyatoyota.com/Specials/SpecialOffers.aspx?series=camry
  • dacer84dacer84 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    Been reading the forums since before purchasing our Highlander in 2007. Couldn't get a title to write more than a few spaces .Really appreciate all the information on the forums as we evaluated cars.

TITLE: Experience purchasing car on 9/7/10 in Michigan:

Purchased a new 2011 Camry LE that had as its only option carpet/truck mat set (CF). MSRP of $23,050 which included destination of $750. (We had purchased a 2008 Highlander from same salesman 3 years earlier and walked twice in that negotiation over a two week period). Again it was the agony and ecstasy of dealing with a now generally OK salesman and a really "t**l" of a manager. At least this time, the salesman didn't use the usual bag of "tricks" he had initially used when negotiating on the Highlander.

After driving 2 cars, at 11:00 am we offered $841 less than the offer posted on the car of $20,474 which included the $750 and $500 cash back incentives. (The $841 was the cost of Michelin Destiny replacement tires at Discount Tire and no mat set as we did not want it.)

Dealer's counter offer was 1) we pay $200 for the CF option, but give them the mat set and 2) they would take the car to Discount Tire to get the tires for us and they would keep the original Bridgestone tires. As were were not interested in paying for something we did not want (CF option), and then giving it to the dealer, this seemed ridiculous. As we discussed the Michelin replacement tires at Discount Tire that we wanted, the dealer did not trust us to return the original tires to them (which we were more than willing to do). Additionally, they would not allow us (or want us) to be at Discount Tire for the installation. (Perhaps they were only going to get the tires from Discount Tire and then install them at their Service Dept). We wanted to be sure we received all the coverages/warranties we wanted. Salesman stated they could get a better price on the tires than we could, (which probably was true) and we wouldn't have to have the hassle of going to Discount Tire (which is 5 minutes from our home with a scheduled the appointment). We shared we were very insulted by the counter offer of asking to pay for the CF option we did not want and then give it back and their not trusting us to return the original tires to the dealership. But we were to trust them entirely on the tire issue.

We walked after a discussion of the counter offer. We had stated it was not the $200, but the totally insulting nature and attitude of the total counter offer. As we were leaving, the salesman asked us if we wanted to meet the manager and we declined. The manager happened to be walking by the door as we were leaving and we treated him as if he did not exist. We thanked the salesman for his time that day and left.

So at 2:00 pm, we went home to pick up our possible trade-in 1998 Camry with 182,000 miles for a car wash and out to lunch. Our mechanic had first right of refusal to purchase the car depending on trade-in offer. But we had told the salesman we didn't know if we we would be selling the car as it was like glue to the road in winter and didn't share its problems. (Car was due for new timing belt and water pump, CV joints leaking power steering fluid for past 2 years and having to fill container with an inch of fluid weekly, some oil seals leaks, a not totally functioning windshield wiper motor, driver side door no longer electronically opened other doors, a mysterious leak in the trunk wheel well when it rained and now future snow melting, and not good outer condition of the car and poor interior in front seat floor area, with a estimated $2,000 NADA value).

During lunch we discussed options, our needs, and were strongly leaning to not going back to the dealership at all and waiting to purchase later and maybe possibly pay more. As I was getting in the 1998 Camry, my husband started walking back to the dealership which was next door, just to see if the salesman had gone back to the manager. The smiling salesman immediately greeted us and told us the manager had accepted our offer. (When we got home later, there was a message which had come while we were at lunch from the salesman asking us to call ). Got $1,500 trade in for 1998 Camry which was more than our beloved mechanic could offer and still make a profit after fixing all the problems we had not wanted to invest in at this stage past couple of years.

The "crazy counter offer" could have been easily been solved if the dealership had accepted our offer. They then could have offered us a trade in on the 1998 Camry which was $200 less than it might have been worth (which is what they may have done anyway). It was like they we just looking a some bottom line for profit and never considered how offensive their offer could appear.

We waited about 1 3/4 hours for the car to be "prepped" and see the financial staff. It felt like we were being punished in some way. And they were not busy at this building in the dealership. The only "prepping" we noticed was the sprayed on shine on the tires we were trading in the next day as were left at 6:45 pm. The real lack of organization at this dealership was seen as we were were driving home--we realized the mats were still in the car!! Guess they didn't want them after all.

Paid $19,633 after the incentives and before doc, taxes, and trade-in, etc., plus "on the house" floor mat set. OTD was $19,610. Got the 2 year free maintenance too. Wonder if we need this in writing somewhere????

No one here or in the Detroit area were offering $5000 off cars. Oh how I wish they were!
    edited September 2010
    ed17, you're correct. the free maintenance is still there. my bad, i overlooked. so, this month's incentives are about the same as last month.

does anyone happen to know what the factory to dealer incentive is for 2011 camry? i think it's around $1K to 1.5K? as some dealers do offer $5K to 5.5K off the msrp, there must be some incentives coming from toyota / distributor
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    I recently leased a Toyota and a few weeks later I got a credit card app in which I can collect "points" which is supposed to help get some kind of discount on a future lease/purchase or a Toyota product.

So three years from now, when I may lease the redesigned Camry, is it worth getting this Visa/Toyota card now and hope for some big discount? Any one have experience in such cards? Is the discount miniscule compared to the vast amount you may have to charge on it? (i'll pay it off each month so I'm not worried about interest rate at all).
  • cc62966cc62966 Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2010
    I don't trust those point based credit cards. They seldom really offer anything worthwhile after all the restrictions and limits kick in. I'd rather stick to a good cash back card or something that offers genuine rewards like Discover and Chase Freedom. However, I did look up this card and its pretty hard to find any real information. I did find a good summary article, according to which a $1 spent at a participating dealer is worth 25 cents while all other purchases are worth a penny. They expire in 6 years. So, you might be able to save some, but I wonder if the dealer would work with you on the price or expect MSRP. In that case, I really wonder the value of it.
  • merckxmerckx Member Posts: 565
    I'm looking to buy a base Camary with automatic...It lists for $21,600....It seems some have posted here of really low prices on this car. Currently, what figures has everyone noticed? Is $18,000 reasonable?
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Competition (and hence prices) varies, by area of the country. But you can start comparison shopping here: www.fitzmall.com
  • ca20112565ca20112565 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please share the dealer details in Atlanta ?
    Does that include life time warranty on power trans?
    What is the trick to get either o% or less than 1% interest as the credit score is 700+.

Thanks
    C2011
  • merckxmerckx Member Posts: 565
    I'm going to offer $18,500 on a new 2011 Camry with automatic...does this seem an achievable price?
    edited October 2010
    You don't say what area of the country you are at (= how competitive), but here is an LE for 18.8

LE

If you go with a CE, you should be able to hit your price point.
  • gladys4gladys4 Member Posts: 1
    I went to Toyota of St Augustine twice. I am hesitating between a Corolla and a Camry, but leaning towards the Camry automatic. I have a Saturn L100 2002 85000 miles automatic in great mechanical shape. I was offered 2,000 dollars for the trade-in. The appraisal I had received from aaa was 4,000 6 months ago. I offered to pay cash with the trade in. There was a 16,900 dollar white Camry on the lot, but manual. When it came down to negotiating for an automatic I was offered a no remote key control, but automatic white Camry (no thrills, basic) for 18,870 (not including taxes) including a tax rebate of 1650 and the 2000 trade in. Not a good deal for a cash and decent trade-in. Help???? I would drive within 100 miles to find a better deal. Do you know of any?
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Check out www.truecar.com for prices actually paid in your area and possibly leads to dealers with prices better than you have been offered. Go with Camry if you can afford it. In fact, I's prefer a two year old low mileage Camry over a new Corolla for the comfort and performance differences alone. Good luck.
    Shop around, you should do better. If you can't find a local dealer to give you a better bundled deal (buy new, and take your saturn in trade)

- check out www.fitzmall.com, for online pricing, they're in Wash DC area. Fly/train there for vacation, drive your new ride home.

- see if they can, and/or what the price would be for them to ship it down to their Clearwater dealership.

- sell Saturn on your own,
  • xruined901xruined901 Member Posts: 52
    I am shopping for a 2011 Camry LE, I am being offered one for $19k (MSRP $23506), this does not include $1k cash back b/c I'll be doing the Toyota financing deal. This seems like an incredible deal.
    The Toyota 0% financing expires today. I'm not in a hurry, but are prices likely to get better if I wait, and is Toyota likely to keep the 0% going? I don't want to rush in there and do a deal today, but they emphasize the deal is only good until today due to Toyota incentives expiring.
  • cc62966cc62966 Member Posts: 30
    Seems like an excellent deal especially with the $1K cash back. While they do offer some promotions close to Christmas time, I doubt it would be a significant difference. I doubt they will drop the 0% financing deal, but personally I would pull the trigger. On too many occasions I have waited for better deals and missed out on great deals.
  • likepinglikeping Member Posts: 6
    Does the $19K including Tax and TTX?
    edited November 2010
    no....dream on. that can be easily be grand+ in the different states.

I would also guess they'd be adding an ''administrative fee' on to that price, as well.
  • jubaejubae Member Posts: 16
    Cars MSRP about $24,000

Just bought a Toyota Camry LE w/ LE extra value package with alloy wheels, XM radio and Bluetooth for $20,250 OTD and 0.9% financing.

I traded in a 1999 Camry LE with 197,000 miles on it. They gave me $2500 on my trade at Chuck Hutton Toyota, Memphis TN.

doc fee $395

Title & Taxes about $1300
    No, that would be the deal of the year. $19k is just the selling price, plus $299 doc fee. No other non-standard fees, just registration and taxes. I didn't pull the trigger, deal was only good on Monday, haven't checked yet if they would still offer me the same deal now. They haven't called me, as dealers usually do, to see if I'm still interested, so that probably means they're not so hot to sell me the car anymore. I'll give them a ring and report back.
    yep, should have jumped on that before the ink dried.
    Spoke to them today and offer is still on the table. Going there on Friday to verify deal. Very apprehensive, as this seems to be too good of a deal, I've brought it up to a few other dealers and they have all said it can't be true. Best offer I've gotten anywhere else with the financing is $20k. I did ask for the stock # of the actual car, which they gave me and I matched it to one listed on their website.

Does anyone know, I plan to register this car in NY but buy it in MA. Will I be eligible for the 0% financing offered in MA, or will it be the 0.9% in NY because it will be registered there?
  • abbytabbyt Member Posts: 1
    Hi Winecounrty,
    I live around SF bay area and would like to purchase a 2011 camry SE soon. I wonder if you can provide me more information about your purchase (model, options , OTD price) .
    You can email me if you are not able to post it up on the forum, azntwins@hotmail.com
    I am appreciated ! Thank you
  • lululiathleslululiathles Member Posts: 2
    got a quote, 19k (including dealership fee, but not TTL). I am thinking about negotiate for another $800, so I can OTD about $20,000. Does this sound reasonable?
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Where are you located? A dealer near me (Atlanta area) is offering 2011 Camry LEs for $17,750 plus TTL (no other fees). They have three at this price and they're all Automatic and have the Carpet Mats set included. They also have another one for $17,925 that also has the 16" alloy wheels.

So they're selling fore under $18k here in Georgia, but every region varies....
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    Does that include a $1k rebate or any other incentives, or is it with 0% financing from Toyota?
  • lululiathleslululiathles Member Posts: 2
    wow, your offer is great. I am in Florida.... and I need financing so that 19K doesn't include $1K rebate..
    Is it automatic and does it have any options? What is the MSRP?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter wants to interview a recent carbuyer who considered new and used, and decided on new because the deal was better. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Nov 17, 2010 with your brief story and your daytime contact info.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• fkhanfkhan Member Posts: 6
    I got a quote from Northside Toyota in Chicago for $20900 on a base 2011 Camry SE V4.This quote doesn't include any taxes or fees.
    I also have a quote from LibertyVille Toyota on a 2011 Camry SE V6 completely loaded with Nav and all features for an OTD price $29,942.55 includes all fees.

Can someone help me out and tell me if these are good quotes or am I being ripped off? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    First off, it's an I4 or Inline 4, not a V4.

Secondly, you can do some research at a no-haggle dealership's website @ www.fitzmall.com
  • funlover3002funlover3002 Member Posts: 1
    I live in atlanta. This current deals available.17750 + TTL for Camry LE.

I am more looking to get it for 17500 + ttl for camry LE.

is that possible.

What is the lowest price before taxes for base camry i can get.
  • motorcity6motorcity6 Member Posts: 427
    There is a reason that the heavy discounts are being offered......I walked away from a great deal-----2011 Camry SE w/4-banger, sunroof, super tinted glass, floor mats, and the $699.00 Toyo policy..MSRP-$26,162, initial pricing quoted for the deal was $20,816.. This got my attention so I stopped and had them look at my tradein, then left..

Returning home, went to the Edmunds Camry site and noticed the "2011 Camry Transmission problems", read a few of the postings then called the Toyota dealer and stopped the deal..and gave them the reason, read the postings and weep!!!

Since they were exposed to the $20,816 price, the only fun left was the pricing on the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT w/only 50k miles, loaded car, pristine condition..Having owned 53 cars to date, I missed the final kill where you get to beat up the their management team..However, based on what I read about the 6-spd auto tranny, I decided after realizing how the Asians think about us not-so-bright buyers, any widespread problem ain't fixable with a simple tweek, so misery abounds..Too old to get into that fray. Had a similiar deal with a 1998 Olds Intrigue which was a great car except for brakes and steering issues, after 26k miles GM wrote me a check for the full purchase price less $675..I endorsed the check and handed to the dealer's gen. mgr and drove away with a 1999 Olds Intrigue..later traded it in on a 2002 Intrigue...

I have never owned an Asian car, and the SE version with the stiffer suspension and other performance goodies is the only Camry I would touch..The LE is a little too squirrely.

I haven't named the Camry dealer for they aren't to blame for any design or production flaws, so I have no qualms with them.. Any dealer has to live or die with the product given them by the factory..I guess I avoided future pain by walking away..
    Is that extra 250 bucks, if you were ever able to get it, worth the hours of time and driving it will take you to drive all around trying to find someone who might be willing to do that deal?
  • camrydrvrcamrydrvr Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought a new Camry, and after going through the nightmare of the traditional dealership, I decided to use a car buying service instead, and I have to say I am very happy with how things went. I had been into a dealership and didn't like the experience that I had, the salesman was pushy and tried to get me to buy a car that wasn't exactly what I wanted and after I told him I wanted to check around and make sure I was getting the right car and a good deal he brought out another guy who was even more pushy, and kept asking what it would take to get me to buy right then. It was really uncomfortable and I really don't think they were giving me a very good deal at all. I finally got away and did some research online, I knew I wanted a Camry, but I didn't want to deal with wasting hours being pushed around at the dealership. I found a site called www.breakthedealer.com and decided to give them a try. I was so happy with the results. I gave them the info on the exact color and options that I wanted, they called me later that day and said they had one ready to go and the price was about $800 better than the "bottom line" from that the pushy salesman were giving me. Of course that sounded great so I said yes, and all I had to do was show up at the dealership, sign the papers and drive away. It is definitely the best way to buy a car! Rather than spend hours negotiating, I spent 5 min online and they got me a better price and provided a much easier way. I recommend www.breakthedealer.com to anyone considering buying a new car.
  • jubaejubae Member Posts: 16
    Hey congrats on your new Camry, now you can get $500 from Toyota by twittering. Wish I could get it, but I bought mine on October 29th. Go to toyotashareathon.com.
  • jasayjasay Member Posts: 6
    Best deal on a new car... The thing you need to remember is that the dealer is wanting as much profit as possible and you are wanting the best deal possible. I would go to www.breakthedealer.com and use their service. They are not a dealer but they guarantee you factory cost (dealer invoice) on any new car or truck. They do the negotiating for you, it's awesome.
  • monimoni Member Posts: 9
    Jasey/Kiawah

Can you share the details of the exact price you paid and where you bought?
    I am hoping you guys aren't just promoting the website?
  • toniktonik Member Posts: 1
    In bay area (CA) Fremont Toyota has advertised base Camry for 16988/- (10 to choose from) but i heard it is pretty hard to get that deal as you may not get your choice of colour or dealer may have already sold cars else where (btw nothing wrong with that to max. profit) and wants you to come to store to buy other available models.
  • jasayjasay Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2010
    I know nothing about breakthedealer, I suspect this is a self serving posting from someone who works there. Personally, I don't believe there is a need for any company like that. Buying a vehicle now a days is really quite easy, with all of the information available. I personally use www.fitzmall.com as a no hassle reference point, which allows you to search inventory and features on line. They are in a competitive geographic area, so the prices are usually very reasonable, but your local dealership might not be willing to offer you a similar vehicle at that price. My local dealership met the price, and I was very happy with the deal.

If local dealership won't meet the price, just travel to DC and pick up the vehicle you want at Fitz, they have people travel in all the time.

No problems at all like BTDealer claims to reference exist at dealerships I've dealt with recently. I guess if you absolutely despise the car buying process, you can hire a company to locate a vehicle for you, but it will ultimately cost you more than you could have negotiated at the dealer yourself, since you're now paying a middle man company.
  • gilangilan Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    Hi Everybody:

My friend just bought a Toyota Camry 2011 SE for $24K. I was wondering if this is a good deal. Can you please let me know? Here is the details:

Where: Fremont, CA (northern CA)
    Price: 24K - Excluding the Tax and other fees.
    Option: Leather - the dealer said it will install it for $2K. Personally I think it is too much. (included in 24K final price).
    Insurance: He paid 1.5K for 8 years insurance 75K miles. This is on top of the 24K final price.
    Financing: He got 0 down and 0% for 5 years.

If someone can tell me this is a good deal or not, I really appreciate it.

Thanks
  • stevew8stevew8 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    What's the MSRP for the car? Does it have any other options besides leather seat?
  • gilangilan Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    As far as I know, there is no other option. The car came with cloth. However, the dealer agreed to change it to leather for 2k.

KBB says MSRP of $24,350.