Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kajivkajiv Member Posts: 8
    Hi cancun1,

In MA - The two dealers I am referring to are

1) IRA Toyota of Tewksbury
    2) Boch Toyota - Route 1

final price 17.9K + Tax + Title+ Reg + Doc. fees. = ~19.5k

Good Luck.
  • carbuyer119carbuyer119 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

That sounds like a good deal. What was your price before TTL (but including destination)? Thanks.
  • patpatpatpatpatpat Member Posts: 3
    Gulfport, MS (zip 39560)
    +Sticker Price $21,974
    +Fees $320
    +5% tax rate

-$2000 rebate

OTD price being offered $20,876.65

I did the math and looked at past posts, looks like it is Above Market Price

p.s. this is not an LE, but does have $399 worth of options
  • sethubalasethubala Member Posts: 17
    do we need to pay TMF and TAF while buying any camry LE.. what else we need to pay apart from the Invoice, TTL ?

Thanks in advance
  • kbetts1kbetts1 Member Posts: 36
    edited February 2011
    This was our third Camry and we also have an '08 Avalon. We were looking for a small grocery getter to replace our '03 Camry with 168k on it. I drove/sat in/ priced pretty much the whole market of small cars. We went to the Toyota dealer to look at an advertised leftover 2010 Corolla LE. Drove it and weren't too impressed. Drove the Scion Xd and it was better. Drove the Matrix and it was ok. The salesperson said they had the '11 Camry for $15,900 so we drove one and loved it. It was within 5mpg of all the rest.

So, about the buying experience. Rick Hendrick Toyota advertised a "2011 Camry for $15,900 , no gimmicks". First thing out of the mouth of the salesperson is "That's with an active duty military discount.... the price is $16,400." So they bring a buyer agreement with a price of $17,500. I point it out and they say.... "oh, that's because you don't have a recent college grad discount." I say "that's not what you said" pointing to the pad of paper I had sitting beside me to write such things down. Any time they said something, I wrote it down. Along with the added price were $499 Dealer Admin cost, $299 floor mats, $399 window tint, and a $985 "Hendrick Package" consisting of keyless entry, mud flaps, body side molding and maybe a couple of other things.

So I sent the agreement back to have the price "fixed". When it came back I said I didn't want floor mats, window tint, or the Hendrick Package. That was met with cries of disbelief... "What do you mean you don't want them? Everybody wants them!!" COMPLETE BS. OEM Floor mats are under a $100, the Camry comes stock with UV blocking glass, the rest is worth a couple of hundred.... NOT $1700. I told them where I could get an LE for very close to that total price (Autotrader.com and Cars.com) and it I was prepared to walk.

After about 10 minutes of us both repeating the same thing over and over a third level salesperson came in and said "If I could get one without that, would you buy it?" I said "sure" So they "found" one in the color of Sandy Beach after about 15 minutes. Turns out that it just so happened to be getting the "standard" window tint so they couldn't take that off, could they? Complete BS again. Just a final attempt to bump the price $400. This was well into our fifth hour at the dealer and my wife was hungry (she's mild hypoglycemia) and I was getting bored and starting to loose my sense of humor. So, I didn't call them liars and just said, "OK." We did add on the $299 keyless entry (worth about $180).

What followed was a two people who tried to sell me accessories (paint and interior stain protection, Navigation, trims..yada,yada,yada) and insurance (warranty programs, maintenance programs, debt life insurance, yada, yada, yada) all of which I turned down. OTD price was $17450 ($18,159 tax/title/tag.) We got $3000 for our old Camry (needed $1500 of tires/body work/mech work)

Over all I left at least $400 sitting on the table un-negotiated. Who knows what another hour of BS would have netted if anything. The color is a little strange (off-putting) at first but the warm buttery gold color is unique enough to keep from being unattractive. The window tint on the Sandy Beach looks somewhat getto for my taste so I regret not making them take it off.

Final answer, we love the '11 Camry base and feel we got a good deal. We plan on keeping it for 10 years / 160,000 just like our last one. We do hear the clunking of the tranny sometimes not locking up right away. The 2.5l engine and the 6spd tranny are oddly trying to keep the motor under 2000rpm ALL the time. Maybe after break in the motor/tranny package will be as excellent as our well loved 2.4 that regularly returned 35mpg on trips.

Ciao'

Keith
    I got a new 2011 Camry LE with Options (Blue tooth, Alloy wheel, Leather Sears, Vehicle protection) as drive out for 21800
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    edited February 2011
    To make a price comparison useful, you need to post the MSRP of the vehicle (so it can be an apples to apples vehicle comparison), and the negotiated price BEFORE tax/tag/license fees (but including all dealership admin fees, etc). While an OTD figure is the best figure for a singular consumer to compare his/her prices, because states and cities have varying tax rates it's pretty much a useless number when trying to compare national deals. You can find sales tax rates varying 7+%.
    It got a MSRP of 25643 with Options (EX, QA, L3, P2) in the State of Texas
    edited February 2011
    Ammendment to message #8539 to reflect MSRP....

The MSRP for the Camry Base we bought in North Carolina is $21,655 plus the window tint (MSRP $399) and adding the Keyless Entry (MSRP $299) for a total of $22,353. Out the door price including tax, title, tag fee for us on Jan 31 was $18,159.

I bought Husky all weather heavy duty floor liners, paint protection, OEM fog lights, OEM mud flaps off of Ebay all for just over $200.
  • benjamin9876benjamin9876 Member Posts: 17
    anyone got a camry se I4 with extra value package 1 in bay area?
    please share your experience. thanks
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter seeks to interview a current car shopper about Toyota. Have the headlines of the past year affected your interest in the brand? Please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, February 9, 2010 with your comments.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• snowallergysnowallergy Member Posts: 135
    http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Get-Taken-Every-Time/dp/0143038885/ref=pd_sim_b_6

I found this to be a good insight as to how dealers try to maniputlate you. I'm not sayin' you didn't get a good deal. But I would have walked just because they played so many games. Enjoy your camry. Still hangin' on to my 01 with 177k miles on it. It won't break down so I can get a new one. Not complain' though.
  • toyo80toyo80 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I just bought a 2011 Camry SE with extra value package for 22,500 with tax, tag and title it came out to 25,100. It was 0 down and 0 percent interest for 60 months was this too much? Invoice was 23,500 and msrp was 24915.
    Hi Snowallergy,

Ref. Don't Get Taken Every Time

It must be pretty hard to find a dealer who won't play games if they have to write a book about it. I think the biggest disadvantage is that we buyers only go through the negotiation process every few years (and we Camry buyers much less often).

I guess I see the games as a weakness on the part of the dealer. You just end up price shopping from dealer to dealer. OTOH, I expect to pay more at a dealer with integrity because the added value of knowing they will make sure they give you what you paid for (business/accounting term is 'goodwill')

I felt sorry for the sales team because my best guess is that the manager had placed them in a position where they had to lie to bump up the price enough for their commission. The delivery member of the sales team made an excuse for them saying "They aren't very experienced in the negotiations." I'm not sure if that meant he thought I WAS experienced or if that meant that they did the right thing in the wrong way or that the process took too long or what. Whatever, the comment just struck me as strange.

Overall, we're happy with the price based on post sale research and although the buying experience was tiring we were relatively unscathed by it. Hopefully we won't the "Don't get taken every time" book for another eight years and 170k.
  • cc62966cc62966 Member Posts: 30
    Yes, negotiating with car dealers is one of those awful experiences that turns off most people. I love seeing how the smiling faces (buyers) turn to frowns just after they come back to the dealer to do the paper work. I am generalizing here, but most dealer sales people are not well educated nor trained properly to do their jobs. The result is that they often succeed in alienating customers than build goodwill. My last Camry purchase (last year) was done completely over the phone. I spoke directly with the Internet Sales Manager, I told him what I wanted to pay - he comes back with $200 over what I told him, and we settled for $50 over what I originally said I would pay. I told him in no uncertain terms that the agreed upon price was all that I would be brining with me and not to play any games, since I was travelling 500 Miles to pick up the car. They picked me up from the airport, took me to the dealership, all the paper work was waiting for me, and I was out with the car in 45 mins. Everything was in order, and I must say it was the least stressful and perhaps the most enjoyable buying experience. There is nothing like walking into the dealership and they having the car all prepped waiting for you in the front.
    IMHO, if you are upfront with them and tell them here's what I have, either do the deal or bugger off, you could avoid some of the frustration. Approaching a negotiation as a game (where the rules insist that one person must loose) is counter productive. Some consider it a dance, but why dance or play games when you can set your terms (reasonably) and see if anyone will do business with you.
    My best advice is do some on-line research, find a volume dealer who has lower operating margins and get it at the price you want. It may not be the same as buying from your local dealer and that friendly face and all that, but unfortunately for me all my local dealers are imbeciles - one of them insisting that I could only get a 2 year old used Camry for what I wanted to pay. Showed him the invoice for the new car when I went there the next time. Good Luck to all!
    You made a good point about the length of time between purchases. 10 years or more is light years in the car business. Things change so fast. Some of the other cars I considered alongside my 01 are no longer being made. :0)

One of my clients noticed how long I've had my camry. She said she wanted to get ride of the 3 cars in her driveway now that her husband had passed. I asked her to wait for me to come back from out of town (2 months or so) so I could help her negotiate. Actually, I was just going to go in in her stead. When I got back she told me she had purchased a 2 YO corolla with stock rims, no less.

She spent more than what I could have gotten her a new one for (w/ rims). And the got her in the finance office as well. Oh well, I tried to help.
  • jondavisjondavis Member Posts: 1
    Caldwell Toyota in Conway, AR treated us well too. My wife is really happy with her new vehicle, the staff are awesome and truly treat you right.
  • flightsimmerflightsimmer Member Posts: 15
    I'm in central PA. A very good (IMO) dealer here has 2 CPO 08 Camry SE's for $18-change, both have mileage in low to mid-30s, clean 1 owner carfaxes (off-lease). Other has over 40K miles, also clean 1 owner carfax (off lease) and bluetooth CD changer for $17400 about. If I search dealers in the Philly area or New England (where I have family) I see newer (09-10) CPO SE's with less miles for the same price or only $1000 more, and good carfaxes (carfax isn't perfect I know). Some 08s with similar specs to the same I saw here in central pa for $16800 or so. Is this a case of "be careful you get what you pay for" or is there real variance in CPO prices?
    If you're going to spend that much, make sure to compare it against a brand new one at Fitzmall.com. They've got a dealership up in Chambersburg, PA.

Personally, at that price point, I'd just get a new LE and full new warranty, versus a used SE w/cpo.....but you can check out the details yourself of their no hassle prices and inventory available at www.fitzmall.com.
  • flightsimmerflightsimmer Member Posts: 15
    Actually, I've been getting offers--before rebates--from various Toyota dealers in the Philadelphia area of $1000 (in once case $1200) below invoice for a new Camry SE. Tempting with the 0 percent financing and 500 bonus. Is this common. The biggest dealer in my area wants $300 ABOVE invoice for a new Camry. Obviously he's trying to "high ball" the price big time? :mad:
    edited February 2011
    Just be careful of 'administrative fees', that dealers add on. If I'm not mistaken, I believe in PA the law regulates this to something low like $100 bucks or less.

Around my city in NC, most dealerships are at about $600 bucks.

As mentioned, I think your best 'value' deal will be a well shopped & negotiated new vehicle, with rebates or financing, and full brand new warranty. Over the multi-year long haul, that's what I'd be doing....compared to a used SE with the price point you had.
  • ekonopinekonopin Member Posts: 3
    I just wanted to let you all know what I just got on my lease. Maybe this will help someone, maybe I got a good deal, or maybe a poor deal. I think it is pretty good. My tax rate is 7.75%. I leased a vehicle with a msrp is $23,285.00. Here is the breakdown, $22,325.00 BASE PRICE
    $200 for floor mats, $760 for delivery and process handling.

I put $800 down total (which covered the standard stuff -1st payment, tax, title, doc fees) and my payment is $182.53 per month, and $190.93 with GAP insurance from TFS. I did not want to add it, but my insurance co. does not have it and I have a co-signor and did not want to screw them in case something happens.

The lease is 36 mo, 36k miles. So there you go, that is what I got and you can work on with that and get yourself the best deal. How did I do? Can someone please let me know. Thank you.
  • southwest2southwest2 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    This is what I get from a dealer. I have contacted multiple dealers, seemed this is the best price I got.

Just wondering why it is so much higher than what other people's price?

Would it be viable to purchase it in LA, CA and drive it back?

Vehicle Price: $23,060.00
    Preferred Customer Discount: -$2,526.40
    Customer Rebate: -$1,000.00
    Selling Price: $19,533.60

Sales Tax+$1,816.63
    Registration+$8.25
    Postage: +$2.00
    Tire Fee: +$5.00
    Documentation Fee: +$399.00
    License Plates: +$402.85
    Air Quality: +$1.50
    Title Fee: +$4.00
    Balance Due $22,172.83
  • imm19imm19 Member Posts: 12
    Just got this from the dealer :

First option:

Camry Base Silver + Floor mats
    MSRP $21730
    Sale price $18188
    VA Sales tax - 3%
    DMV fee- $100
    Dealer's fee -$99

Second option:
    Camry LE Red + Alloy wheels + Moon roof + Floor mats
    MSRP $24260
    Sale price $ 20304
    VA Sale tax - 3%
    DMV fee - $100
    Dealer's fee - $99

Both after $500 rebate and with 0% financing for 60 mo.

Any comments??
    Thanks
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Get the LE model...trust me, in the long run you'll be happier with the added features and the extra $ spread over the months of ownership will be minimal compared to the enjoyment of walking out into your garage daily and seeing the car. One thing I've learned over the past many years, it's the little things in life that bring the most joy...what would your inner child say...? I know mine would say, "Go for the LE"! For once, do something "just because"! See if they have the silver or gray if those colors are preferred by you.

Just remember..."listen to your inner child"...it will never steer you wrong! :)

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• imm19imm19 Member Posts: 12
    I couldn't agree with you more. That's what I did 2-3 years ago when I bought my Subaru Forester. I opted for a Limited trim and I am so happy I did. Just put in a deposit on LE model and I hope my wife will be happy with the car. The final OTD price after VA sales taxes, DMV fees, dealer's fees is $2119.34 with 0% for 60 mo.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Congrats!!! :)

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• godfather9godfather9 Member Posts: 31
    Can anyone post what the legitimate fees are when purchasing the Camry? I know most car companies have a minimum on certain things (destination fees, etc.) and then the dealership will try to increase them to make a few extra bucks.
    Shipping fees are included in the sticker price of the vehicle.

Most dealers will add on an administrative fee of some sort, ranging from nothing to 750 bucks or so. Some states have maximum legal caps, I think PA as an example is $99. Other states may be free to ask for whatever they want. My local dealer had it pre-printed on their form, but as we all know, everything is negotiable. When I explained that it was higher than a competing dealership, they lowered the price of the car correspondingly, so the bottom line was competitive.
  • godfather9godfather9 Member Posts: 31
    So the MSRP for the Camry XLE that we are looking at is $31,817. Any thoughts on how much under MSRP people are getting these cars for?
    TMV says $28,000 including destination charge would be a good target price after $1,250 customer cash back. If you live in the South, special districts from NC to FL to TX bump up prices enough to go north a state to buy. Here in NC we go to VA for a Toyota unless they price match.

Edmunds has a TMV that's pretty good at this link...

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/camry/2011/options.html?trim=xle&style=101275061

Double check by using Autotrader.com or Cars.com to see what dealers are offering in your area.
  • keviinmckeviinmc Member Posts: 1
    Just got a Camry LE in Richmond, Virginia at McGeorge Toyota. They have 130+ Camrys on their lot.

2011 Camry LE with Alloy Rims, Moonroof, 6 speaker stereo, floor mats
    MSRP 24060
    Negotiated price after $500 rebate with 0% financing :
    20300 plus taxes title, etc

Sent offer online and did all negotiating over phone and email.

Haley Toyota was offering similar prices as was Ron Rosner in Fredericksburg. Checkered Flag in Chesapeake Va is offering free 42" LG plasma TV with purchase

PS- was told by salesman to qualify for 0% financing your credit score needs to be around 650-660.
  • bruceken34bruceken34 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought 2011 Camry base auto trans. for 18300 (taxes+fees+everything) outdoor price with keyless entry and floor mats options from Town&country toyota dealer in Charlotte NC, Actually I had a graduate discount for $1000 . I found the dealer from Ebay. So Even I`m 300 miles far away rom NC (Richmond VA) it`s worth.
  • namariasnamarias Member Posts: 11
    Hi
    Can you let me know what model you got and the salesman's name?
    I am from Richmond and am considering leasing/financing a Camry LE
    but the 2.5L/FWD/6-speed automatic LE model.

With the options you are listing the price before rebate is
    Base - $22,325
    Moonroof Package $890
    Preferred Premium Accessory Package $280
    Destination Fee $760
    total 24255

Is this what you are talking about?
    ">
  • graceo1graceo1 Member Posts: 9
    We leased a Camry SE last week from Green Toyota in Springfield IL. I have to say that it was one of the best car buying experiences I have had in a while. Josh and Jenny in their internet department were exceptionally fast and professional in getting a deal done. Heck, Josh personally delivered the car to me in St Louis MO. I posted the deal I received in the Camry lease experience forum on page 38.

They even outdid the deal they gave me to a friend of mine on a LE. On that deal they were at $1550 under invoice. They seem to be really aggresive in moving their older stock off the lot.
    When you lease a car the sales people make a killing. I bet they were nice. But it wasn't a car buying experience you had. It was ..... uh... I can't say, it would be deleted. :shades:
    I bought a Camry LE (4Cyl, 6-speed Auto) yesterday with following at 25k (Richmond, VA).
    a. Base
    b. LE Extra Package, Moonroof, Security system, Remote start, Paint protection
    c. GAP, 8/125k extended warranty, 4 yrs 45k maintenance, Crystal Fusion (windshield protection + insurance), Tires/Wheels - insurance
    d. Taxes, Titles, Delivery Fee, Processing Fee

0% APR, down.

Did 90% of the negotiations over Internet and finalized the deal yesterday at the dealership (McGeorge).

Would like any feedback and if any one has any clarifications, I will be glad to share my experiences.
    Cheers...
    Sai
  • luckysevenluckyseven Member Posts: 134
    edited April 2011
    25K seems too high for this car. How much was

c. GAP, 8/125k extended warranty, 4 yrs 45k maintenance, Crystal Fusion (windshield protection + insurance), Tires/Wheels - insurance

Dealers have 50-100% mark up on these items.

I hope you did some reading on this board before buying extended warranty. 4 yrs 45k maintenance will mostly cover oil changes and you should get first 2 years of these free anyways.
    Thanks for your feedback.

This is my third Toyota and my second Camry (first Camry going out of lease). I always do my research before I do anything.

1- I was talking about the TCO. The 25k includes everything including accessories, taxes, titles and the insurance etc.

The base cost of the vehicle was around 1868 less invoice. Since I squeezed the dealer so much on this, I couldnt get too much from the other services.
    ----Base -18560 (actual invoice is 20428)
    ----Destination - 760

The accessories were all at invoice. (Total 1855$)
    Moonroof - 793
    Security system-241
    Wheel Locks - 40
    LE Extra Value package - 183
    Remote start - 380
    Paint Protection - 218

The taxes titles and processing Fee (of 395) - Total 1150$

The service components were:
    ----GAP: 340
    ----4/45: 600
    ----8yr/125k: 1463
    ----T/W: 300
    ----CrystalFusion:299

I know I overpaid on T/W and Crystal Fusion - but I could not negotiate much at all.

2- Just to let you know that this will cover normal factory scheduled service for 45k miles of 4 years whichever comes first. There are a few more things that Toyota Care covers Oil and filter, Tire rotation and Multi-point inspection and also 24hr roadside for Lockout protection,Flat tire changes, Jump starts, Fluid delivery and Towing for the unexpected

Just to let you know if you end up paying for oil changes and tire rotation and multi-point inspection (mostly done after 25k for every 5k), you will end up paying money anyway. at least 4 times. What about the service costs which go up after 25k big time - Essentially you are locking in that service cost.

I am paying 600 for that. I paid 440 only for the same for my Sienna. I could not bring this down any more. BTW, it is 0% APR essentially I pay only over 60 months. I dont pay today.

3- I already have extended warranty from Toyota for my Sienna and am clear what it covers and what it doesnt. It is the platinum plan and is available on the Internet for more details.

Finally this is all at 0% APR. In other words while the services themselves are all added - I dont incur a financing cost, more importantly I pay over 60 months and can possibly avail of the service much before I even pay.
  • rsshahrsshah Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    I am in NJ and I am looking to buy a new Toyota Camry LE V6 with the below features.
    Toyota Camry LE V6
    Magnetic Grey Metallic
    Alloy Wheels
    Bluetooth
    Heated Leather seats and wood
    Trunc/Carpet mats
    Cargo Net
    remote start

On Edmunds, the invoice price with the above features comes out to be $25843.
    Including the taxex,title,etc we can add $2000 extra which makes grand total to be $28000

What should my OTD price be for the above deal...I am looking approximately between $22000 and $23000 ie OTD....
    What does all of yours experience say? Please advise whether my OTD looks reasonable...
    I am realy new to this and need some help in this buying experience... I appreciate your help.
    edited April 2011
    Find a comp on this website below, but use the tax structure in NJ. That'll be a good target for you to hit.

www.fitzmall.com
  • luckysevenluckyseven Member Posts: 134
    edited April 2011
    Don't get me wrong this is your money and your choice, I got similar car back in 2009 and paid significantly less. I also bought it almost 3 years ago so I have very good idea about needed maintenance. Comments below just my personal opinion. Let's look

----GAP: 340 - complete waste of money
    ----4/45: 600
    (2 years of oil changes - $80
    air and in cabin filter replacement, did it myself, Toyota parts- $40
    tire rotation - do it every second oil change. )
    ----8yr/125k: 1463 - You should be able to get same Toyota Platinum warranty close to $1100 (read warranty thread)

Don't know what road conditions where you live but I wouldn't pay $600 for next 2 items (Based on my personal experience I would not use it even if I'd have it)
    ----T/W: 300
    ----CrystalFusion:299

BTW What tires came with a car Micheline or Bridgestone?
  • npolitenpolite Member Posts: 33
    I started the agonizing process of emailing all of the local dealers in the Philadelphia area. I'm looking for the EX and QA packages for a 4 cyl LE. MSRP is 23,710. One dealer quoted me 21800. I found a dealer about 120 miles away that is selling it for 20,500 as their internet price. The dealer that wanted to sell it for 21800 said they would match it. They just tried to clean me out for $1300. Should I try to get them to deal at 20k or is that even too high? Any feedback would be appreciated.
  • rsshahrsshah Member Posts: 2
    Toyota Camry LE V6(New Jersey buyer) with alloy wheels and carpet/trunk mat set.
    On top of it, he is ready to install leather with heated seats ,cargo net and bluetooth.
    The final price(inclduing taxes,title..etc) that he quoted me for all this is $26500 OTD.
    Need your advise.Should I drive this home?
    Hi
    Check out the Edmunds True value pricing - you will see that minus the leather/heated seats the TMV is around 24k. If you consider a 500$ cash back min (even if you are financing) and if you consider 1.5k for leather - you will end up with 25k. (24 + 1.5 - .5). With taxes, titles and dealer fee it will be an extra 1000. you should try negotiation to 25.5 or even better 25k, if you can.

Also, try checking out the extended warranty, GAP, extended maintenance etc
    many are worth negotiating into overall price. Remember Toyota is giving 0% APR for 60 months. Good negotiation will help you essentially pay this over 60 months and get solid coverage.

All the best for your vehicle search and buying

PS: I have a Camry 2011 - LE (4Cyl) which I just financed.
    Cheers....
    Thanks for your inputs.

As I acknowledged, I paid more for the 8/125 and I knew that. The $1100 was before (and BTW I have the $1100 for my Sienna). No dealer in my region was able to do it better.

My wife drives 100 miles (50m one way) on roads which have construction at various points and is planned for the next 3 years. Makes sense to have basic windshield protection and Tire/Wheel. T/W is based on my own experience with a Sienna where I ended up blowing a tire and coughed up 120 bucks.

For 6 years this protection is good and please note that I pay over 60 months. So let's say I have this even in 20 months, I wd have paid 100 to get this deal, and I still have a good deal.
    GAP, etc is always for the risk averse person like me. Not getting GAP is sometimes not a wise choice. Once again 5 dollars per month is what I pay on gap.
  • mattq45mattq45 Member Posts: 4
    Looking to purchase a Camry LE in S. Fl. Is it possible to get it for under $18,000? I only want floor mats.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    I might be tempted to tell the first dealer they had their chance and go with another one. You might not have to drive 120 miles. Just take your quote from the second one and get a slightly better deal at a third dealer. Just try to research them first.
  • zoom08zoom08 Member Posts: 75
    I need advice, should i pay invoice for a camry LE or should I aim lower?
    I saw the camry SE but even at invoice plus tax, it can be expensive for me.
    any ideas?
    I live in PA, near stroudsburg. any good deals in area?