Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    IMO, 19k is too high w/ grad rebate. It should be in the low 18K. No, I don't think you can get the new 2012 in the low 18K b/c there will be no 1k factory rebate and dealer will try to sell above invoice or closer to MSRP.
  • newbie2carsnewbie2cars Member Posts: 15
    Hi guys, I want to buy a 2011 camry with a few miles (22,00). The price the dealer is giving me is $17K with leather seats. Is it a good deal? Thanks!
    I think 17k is good if you're looking to save some money but, personally, I wouldn't touch a new car w/ 2-5k miles b/c it was either a rental, a loaner or a demo. I rather buy a personal own 2010 w/ 10k miles or so.
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64
    You are thinking about buying a 2011 model with 22,000 miles on it? I agree with the other poster to check around and get another car with less miles.
  • newbie2carsnewbie2cars Member Posts: 15
    Thanks, you two! I will look around. What is a great deal on 2011 camry with leather seats and under 1K miles?
  • colbyjack93colbyjack93 Member Posts: 1
    I thought I got a great deal even compared to the Edmunds.com True price recommendations. 2011 Toyota Camry LE in dark gray with floor mats....Sticker was 23660.00 but the internet price was 23285.00, so the dealership was doing 3000.00 off MSRP. Bringing down my price to 20285.00 with ofcourse 2 years full maintenance. They also gave me quite a bit more for my trade than I thought I could get.
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64
    Your best option is to use Edmunds for your search.
  • c00ki3monst3rc00ki3monst3r Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased new 2011 Camry LE with Alloy wheels, moonroof, and alarm system for 24,400 out the door. Did I get a good deal?
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    The better question from me to you would be, do you like the car? You've already bought it so why ask a question which might make you feel bad after the fact. That question should have been asked before the purchase. So just be happy with your new car...enjoy! :)

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• rplantrplant Member Posts: 1
    the quote for XLE V6 Is $26,607 with no additional options or accessories. $ 3998 below MSRP. Is this a good deal or there is scope for further negotiation?
  • mccarbuymccarbuy Member Posts: 2
    Purchased a 2011 Camry LE Automatic for $20,300 - no additional options, after $1,000 cash rebate. Called a few dealers for quotes asking for the internet sales manager. Done in about 45 minutes. Got matching offers at $20,300 but none would beat that price.

This is $231 below invoice and $900 below Edmunds TVM. Good luck buying!!!!
  • mccarbuymccarbuy Member Posts: 2
    That is about $300 below invoice cost which is the best I could get on the phone for an LE I4.
  • ritsainritsain Member Posts: 3
    Bought Camry LE 2011 Auto with several options (Sat Radio, floor mats, lock wheels, theft tracking system, and a few more I didn't need).

Paid $20.5 k before tax and tag. I think they are really trying to get rid of the 2011 stock because the 2012 model is arriving at the dealerships in early October. Bargain hard and you'll get a good deal.
  • mmcmilanmmcmilan Member Posts: 3
    With floor mats and alloy wheels I paid 19,000 with all fees except from sales tax - different from state to state. Did I made good deal?
  • walker2011walker2011 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    I'm at the beginning of my purchase research in the Bay Area California. The plan is to purchase a 2012 Camry SE with Leather seats, Homelink, Nav, Entune. I got a reply back as below, but not clear on the type of packages the dealer mentioned. I do not want more than I need, and of course, how about the quoted price? The below quote is for a 2012 EX with PD, EX, C4 options.

MSRP $25380 includes PD EX C4 options.

Internet VIP price $23580 after $1,000 bonus cash (this is a limited
    availablility offer, only available to the next 14 units sold, first come,
    first served), plus any applicable sales tax, DMV license & document fee.
  • pb01234567890pb01234567890 Member Posts: 5
    I am planning to buy Camry 2012 XLE with convenience package.

Has anyone bought recently in Bay area, if you can share your experience that would be very helpful.

Thanks !!
  • doughscenteddoughscented Member Posts: 10
    This is before TTL. --This is for basic - as few options as possible. Should I keep looking or grab this one?
  • rally_fanrally_fan Member Posts: 3
    I negotiated with a few dealers and had ones go as low as 200 over invoice but I preferred the convenience of the local dealer.

CAREFUL WITH THE EXTENDED WARRANTY! They will show you a financing option and focus on the payments saying the only thing that changes is the length of the term. Well let's see... paying 500 a month for 60 months and paying 493 for 66 months is not the same thing. Negotiate the extended warranty if you want it and disregard their "this is my cost of the warranty" list. I skipped it.

Wheel and tire insurance? Make sure the insurance is tied to your VIN not the tires. Meaning when the OEM tires wear out, you can put on ANY tires you want and if you get a puncture they will replace it WITH THAT BRAND no questions asked. I paid $649 for 5 years (have the 18 inch wheels)

Absolutely LOVE my Camry. Don't shy away from the SE it's not like a difference between a BMW 525i and M5. The ride is better than my 2008 Accord (17" wheel), but it is not as athletic. The interior is so beautiful, from the leather to the design.

The V6 really does get stellar mileage, I have been very close to my 4 cylinder Accord's mileage! I love the smoothness and power of the V6, the fuel economy is just a plus.

My gripes are only a few:

-JBL "Greenedge" has really taken the edge off the sound of the previous generations awesome stereo. It's 80% as good I'd say, but a huge step up from the Accord so I'm enjoying myself.

-In my SE V6 I have auto up/down for DRIVER ONLY, my Accord had at least driver and passenger, annoying.

-I'm not expecting a Porsche Boxster Spyder levels of feedback from the steering wheel, let alone my old Accord's level; but there is absolutely ZERO steering feel. I have absolutely no idea how much grip I have or even the direction at times (for ex. when parking in my garage)

Overall I'd give this car a 92/100 based on my expectations going in. I plan on keeping it for a long time.
  • amberlambamberlamb Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2011
    I currently have a deposit down for a loaded 2012 XLE they should be getting in any day. V6 and it includes floor mats. The agreed upon price was $50 under invoice ($200 more than I could have gotten through trucar but driven 130 or so miles). Is this a good deal? Or should i wait/try for better. Total out the door would be 33357.01 which includes taxes/registration fees of 2581.08.
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    For this $$ you can buy a fully loaded 2011 Nissan Maxima.
  • amberlambamberlamb Member Posts: 6
    I've been car shopping for months... I've decided on this particular camry for a variety of reasons, I am just curious if this is the best deal I'm going to get on this car at this time. Or if I should try for better. I will pay cash, so financing doesn't really matter.
  • dmbmay98dmbmay98 Member Posts: 19
    I have recently talked to a dealership about the 2012 Camry SE and I am trying to get a feel for what a good price is. I believe I can get it for invoice but they currently do not have any specials on interest rates. It sounded like it would be around 2.9 for 60 months. Do you guys think next month they will have any cash back or interest rate specials?
  • cc62966cc62966 Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2011
    There usually are better deals come December - they may run a financing special through World Omni. But with a new model year, expect to pay something quite close to invoice.
  • mannygomannygo Member Posts: 9
    I am also in the market for 2012 Camry XLE V6 with C4 option added to it only.

The problem is there are not that many cars with that configuration in the market. Most of them have the nav, blind spot monitor, safety connect options added to it.

So i have 2 dealers i have negotiated the deal with. One is ready to give it to me for 500 below invoice. And he may have the car on the ground this week. Other one is also 500 below invoice but he wants me to pay to pick up the car which is located somewhere like 450 miles away from where I am. I will let you guys know how it plays out.
    Fully loaded Maxima SV's are around 40K. Do you mean to say that this can he had for say 30K ?

And if that is the case where ? And are talking about 2011's or 2012's.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • bkcassellbkcassell Member Posts: 3
    I paid $26,328.00 or $28,395.00 OTD for my loaded Camry Se 4-cyl that included: Convenience Pkg, Carpeted Floor Mats, Leather PKG, Moonroof Pkg, Entune/Navigation Pkg. and rear bumper protector applique. We live in Central Illinois. We had to buy quickly as our previous car was totaled. We waited 3 weeks for this particular car to arrive at the dealership after Toyota started releasing them. When trying to get prices from other dealerships online, only 1 out of 4 or 5 would give me an actual quote. Others wanted me to come in and talk to them directly. One dealer in St. Louis, MO (Jay Wolfe Toyota of St. Louis) was great about sending a OTD quote and returning emails but I ran out of time and needed a car quickly, and would have had to drive 200+ miles round trip to save $200.00. Just being released, I couldn't get my local dealership to take any less than the $26,328.00. (Invoice was 25,960.00 and MSRP was 28,540.00). 2012's were selling almost as fast as they were coming in so I didn't have much leverage. Would have been great to have gotten my Camry at or 500.00 under invoice as others on this forum has done, as we paid $668.00 over invoice! Am wondering how other's faired with the same car w/options. We felt it was a fair price but would have liked to have gotten a great price.....maybe we did?
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    Here in Mass a fully loaded 2011 Maxima is advertised regularly at $8000 off MSRP so, yes a 40000 car would sell for $32000.
  • pattyg2pattyg2 Member Posts: 4
    Not sure where you are located, we are in MA and today we bought the 2012 Camry LE, with moon roof and power driver seat (MSRP 24,745) for 20,070. Thinking you might want to keep looking...........
  • descartesdvd1descartesdvd1 Member Posts: 15
    was that 20,070 +TTL? What was your OTD? thanks.
    18,400 + TTL = 20,070. Bought the Barcelona Red one so also added the protectant coating onto that cost and the extended warranty. Got an interest rate of 2.7.
    Wow, 3k under invoice? That's the cheapest I've seen so far. Many people were able to get about 1k off.
    And they didn't have the red one at our dealership, they had to have it transferred. When it arrived it already had a remote starter so we got that too for no extra cost :)
  • vint101vint101 Member Posts: 2
    Wow, could you post what dealership you used?
  • marylanddrivermarylanddriver Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    I am looking in the Maryland/DC area to get a 2012 Camry SE, 4 cylinder, with the leather and convenience package. A few dealerships have given me quotes all over the map (between $24-28K), with one claiming that I needed to also buy the navigation package in order to get the leather package (clearly not accurate). According to cars.com, the car I want invoices for $24,310, with a $26,680 MSRP. What would be a good price that the dealership would go for? Thanks.
  • parsnipparsnip Member Posts: 4
    can i ask what is the lowest price you rec'd for camry 2012 xle loaded. i'm also looking. lowest i received was 26,500. not including taxes.
  • camryhybrid12camryhybrid12 Member Posts: 18
    I wonder if anyone can explain why the new Camry already sells for so much under invoice? There are no incentives officially published by Toyota, as the car has just come out. Is it as they expects issues with the first bunch, as they get their new assembly line gaining experience on how to put them together and their new parts or what?
  • mashkudmashkud Member Posts: 5
    Houston are dealer offering CAMRY SE fully loaded except for remote start @$ 27000, Is this a good deal? Please advise.
  • marylanddrivermarylanddriver Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, I am not looking at the xle, so I can't help you out. But from what three different dealerships told me, you would have to special order the car if you want just the leather and convenience package on the SE (and not the navigation package). Argh.
  • jw78732jw78732 Member Posts: 1
    I bought one, not fully loaded, 2 weeks ago at $2500 off MSRP. You can probably do better now. Dealer added about $800 dealer installed options which I didn't really want. Check newspaper ads from Dallas area. Some dealers are selling LE for $4200 off MSRP. Local dealers some times can match their offer.
  • smittmikesmittmike Member Posts: 5
    Sorry for my first post to be such a stupid one but I'm lost as to who's saying they got 2012's at so much below invoice vs who's saying they got 2011's for so much below invoice even though I'm going back and checking the "responding to" taglines closely.

jw - 2012's are selling at 4200 below msrp in the Dallas area?
  • doughscenteddoughscented Member Posts: 10
    No, this does not include TTL. It was about 10 days ago. Do you think this is a good price for the L, or should I wait?
  • nynjbuyernynjbuyer Member Posts: 3
    I test drove both the 4 cylinder and the V6 Camry 2012 SE. I preferred the V6 but will probably purchase the 4 cyl. Besides automatic and a power driver seat, what I really want is satellite radio and preferably the JBL system.

As most of you know, Toyota requires that you purchase the convenience package, leather seats and moonroof in order to get the higher end stereo system.

Is it possible to purchase the jbl stereo sytem without also buying the moonroof, leather and convenience package. It seems that this would be easy for Toyota to do since they only have to install the stereo at the distribution center. Anyone have experience trying to get an SE with a good stereo system?
  • camryhybrid12camryhybrid12 Member Posts: 18
    Its not possible, you need go by the options restrictions Toyota has... so to get the JBL you need all the other junk.

You can check one other thing, and that is if the dealer will install a Toyota Entune/Nav + JBL part that they can get from Toyota to replace the display audio. They will need to also install the speakers, so not so simple install but... maybe the dealer could do it for you (they are supposed to know how to take a car appart if they need to replace something that does not work...).
  • bkcassellbkcassell Member Posts: 3
    From what I understand, the JBL was only available with the Camry SE V6....? We have the the 4 cyl, our stereo system is just ok...nothing special, wish we had a better system such as the JBL.
  • clipper100clipper100 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone received a quote ... under msrp?
  • sedan2012sedan2012 Member Posts: 4
    Do you mean under "invoice"??
    So i got a quote for XLE V6 no nav (and the Blind Spot monitor, Safety Connect BS). It is effectively 1000 dollars under dealer invoice. There is a Dealer handling and TTL on top of that.

But on my trade in the price they are giving me is 500 below KBB value for my car.

Now this car config is available in some other state and they say they have to transport it to the dealership from other state and pay the frieght which they are not charging me.

Is it a worthy deal ?
  • smittmikesmittmike Member Posts: 5
    pattyg-

Was that price on one particular car like a manager's special or was it one you picked out? Also since you've driven it a few days now what are your thoughts on the new leather dash.
  • nj_buyernj_buyer Member Posts: 11
    Anyone had experience recent with 2012 camry LE 4cyl quote? In NJ I am getting a quote for $21,100 for base and $23K OTD (including tax and fees).

Let me know if this price quote is good.
  • dmickelsondmickelson Member Posts: 4
    Yes, 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE with all the options MSRP $34480. I was only able to talk them down to $32301. Should be delivered in a couple of weeks.

CQ] Convenience Package - Smart Key System with Push button start, backup monitor, auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass, Homelink® and alarm

(LA) Leather-trimmed Ultrasuede seats; Leather door trim with integrated armrests and seatback pockets; Multi-stage heated front seats; Four-way power adjustable front passenger seat

(SR) Power tilt/slide moonroof; Rear personal lamp; Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors

Premium HDD Navigation w/Entune and JBL:
    7.0" touch screen with split-screen functionality and AM/FM/HD radio and single CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability; HDD navigation system; 10 JBL GreenEdge speakers including subwoofer amplifier; Sirius XM satellite radio and XM Select Package including NavTraffic, NavWeather, Fuel and Sports & Stocks with 90-day trial subscription; iTunes tagging; Auxiliary audio jack and USB port with iPod connectivity; Vehicle information display; Hands-free phone capability; Phonebook access; Advance voice recognition; Text-to-speech with programmed and customizable text responses; Music streaming via Bluetooth wireless technology; Entune is a collection of popular mobile applications and data services integrated with select Toyota vehicles. Entune includes three years of complimentary access to apps and services delivered via most smartphones connected to the vehicle using Bluetooth wireless technology or a USB cable. Entune's features are operated using the vehicle's controls or by voice recognition for some services.

Blind Spot Monitor:
    Blind Spot Monitor detects vehicles in the driver's blind sports and alerts the driver using indicators on the side mirrors. The system can be switched off if desired.
    Safety Connect:

Safety Connect includes Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Locator, Roadside Assistance, Automatic Collision Notification and 1-year complimentary trial subscription
    50 State Emissions