Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• camrynewcamrynew Member Posts: 1
    Hi fabric,
    what and where was the dealer that you bought your camry 2012 ?
    I am looking for one like yours but I don't know where to get a good price like your.
    How does edmun work ? Edmun discount = how to get it ?

Regards.
  • zhijianzhijian Member Posts: 3
    2012 Toyota CAMRY SE 4 CYL

Option: Power Driver Seat, Remote Control Starter

CAMRY SE 2012 MSRP24425 OTD23750

After 1000 student rebate and 750 edmunds coupon FINAL22000
  • jrcamojrcamo Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer did you get this price on the 2012 camry se?
  • rvularvula Member Posts: 3
    Could you please tell me options you have? How do I get the edmond's coupon? I searched the site with no luck. Thank you.
  • dragon168dragon168 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for to buy Camry LE 2012 first time, what is the OTD price should I tell the salesman? I am in California,Bay area. Which dealers can you recommend? Thanks. Are there any special incentive during Memorial day weekend?
  • jay999jay999 Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2012
    Folks... I am just about start looking out for a 2012 SE with the leather and convenience package in Dallas.Can any body share their buying experience along with prices paid . What is the price I should be shooting for before TTL
    Appreciate your feedback.
    Also where would be the best place to find out the incentives Toyota is offering this month?
  • truckie4lifetruckie4life Member Posts: 56
    Research this thread....quite a few with their experiences. Just start at the newest post and work back a few pages.
  • jasonfeng1989jasonfeng1989 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, zhijian,
    Could you please tell me what the student rebate is, and where I can find the 750 edmund coupon? I am also looking for the camry SE 4 CYL with the basic model. It will be great if you can give me more information on that. BTW, I am an international Chinese student in UCLA, am I eligible for the 1000 student rebate? Thanks a lot
  • jasonfeng1989jasonfeng1989 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, fabric,
    That's really a terrific price. Could you please tell me what's the dealership name? And where I can find the college discount and edmund discout? Thanks a lot. I am also looking for a new Toyota camry SE 4 CYL basic just as you. If you can give me more information on that, it will be great. BTW, I am an international master student, am I eligible for the college discout? Thank you.
  • mkjamesmkjames Member Posts: 3
    Hi Truckie,

Did your OTD price include any student or military rebates?
    Hi MK, nope, no student or military, just the Edmunds. And go figure, the other day they had a commercial for 0% for 72 financing.

I highly recommend the salesman I used, and depending where you are coming from, a one way ticket to Raleigh-Durham may be worth it!! Let me know if you want my dealer info, my salesman was great.
  • mkdorfmkdorf Member Posts: 10
    Purchased in North Carolina

Super White with Tan Interior

Options
    Safety Connect
    Blind Spot Monitor
    Conv Package
    Leather Package (sure wish the entire seat was leather - worried about stains)
    Premium HDD Navi/Entune (7.1 screen)
    Power Moonroof
    Rear Lip Spoiler
    Carpeted mats w/trunk mat
    Toyoguard Elite (already on the car but I paid a fraction of the $699 MSRP)

MSRP $35,957
    Paid $32,528.50 plus TTL

By my calculations, my deal was 10% less than MSRP. I think I did well considering the instability in gas prices of late. Got 46mpg on the 45 mile drive home from the dealership.
  • puff2icepuff2ice Member Posts: 2
    Test drove both the I4 and the V6 SE, am going with the v6.

Dealer said the best they could do is $31,867 OTD, MSRP is

Base $26,640
    Convenience Package-CQAT $895
    Display Audio with Navigation-EJAT $650
    Leather Package: Includes-LAAT $1,050
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof-SRAT $915
    Carpet Mats w/Trunk Mat-PV50 $349
    Manuf, Delv, Proc & Hndlg $840
    Subtotal $31,339
    Dealer Fees $999
    Total $32,338

From what I am reading, I should be closer to $28,000 than $31,000, told them no thank you and walked out. Am I nuts for walking out? This is the first Toyota we buy and it seems the MSRP is marked way up, please help.
  • raysfanraysfan Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2012
    This dealer is trying to rip you off. The SE V6 comes with the Display Audio w/Entune & nav as standard equipment (on the I4 the MSRP for the nav option is $1050 and not $650) - check the brochure or check on the Toyota web site. Also you should try to negotiate your best price and then have them throw in the mats, tinting, etc., to seal the deal.

I'm in the Tampa Bay area and was able to get my I4 SE for about 15% under MSRP and got the mats & tinting for free plus am waiting to receive my $500 Edmunds.com rebate.
  • ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    It seems like the prices of Toyota Camrys have gone up for the 2012 model year even though the MSRP is lower. I remember last year we could get an LE for under $20,000, however, this year the best I can get is over $21,000 for an LE. I am regretting that I should have purchased one in 2011. I just can't see myself paying that much for a basic 4 cylinder car.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    It is the first year of a new generation - demand is VERY high, so of course prices are higher. They always are for the first year. They will come down.
    power seat
    remote starter

you have to refresh and try you good luck.
    1000 rebate for all graduate who graduated within two years or who is going to graduate in 6 months.

You have to refress at edmunds.com to try you luck...click many times toyota ads..
  • oz_22151oz_22151 Member Posts: 7
    I got everything, leather, moonroof, blind spot, HDD Premium Nav, etc.

My price was $33K even plus $67 for lock nuts (friend had wheels stolen before).

This $33K price was before tax and tag.

I probably overpaid by about $300-$500 over true value. oh well.

Then for trade-in, they tried to low ball me offering me only $2000 for 2001 Camry XL. They said, "well.. we're not gonna retail this, we'll have to wholesale the car". whatever that means. The they said some crap about they pulled the "car fax" on my car. I only had minor fender bender here and there. I think they just bluffed.

I just said no to their offer, car is worth $5000 IMO base on kelly blue book. Finally guy came back and said $4500, then I agreed for the convenience sake.

Then came the talk with the finance guy. But this time I was determined not to buy anything.

I had to keep saying "not interested, not interested, not interested".

I refused pretty much everything in the finance office, no Undercoating (what a joke), no ding protection, no gap ins (may get myself with ins co.).

They do try to get you in the finance office, made me watch video and then gave me the usual line of "this will only increase payment by $20 per month".

I just said no to everything except I got the prepaid service for dealer maintenance for year 3-4-5 for $700. Year 1 and 2 is already free with purchase of car. original price for this deal was $825.

Picking up the car today. woohoo.
  • jasonfengjasonfeng Member Posts: 1
    All right, thank you so much for your information
  • fiapopfiapop Member Posts: 1
    Where is this EDMUNDS rebate everyone is talking about???? :lemon:
    Hi Would you mind sharing the options on the SE that you purchased?
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Where is this EDMUNDS rebate everyone is talking about???? :lemon:

Browse around Edmund's new car section and it'll show up on some of the pages -- theres one for Rav4 and theres another for Camry/Corolla

I usually see them when I'm browsing in the Hyundai Elantra or Sonata page
    Google "camry edmunds rebate"....that's how I found it.
  • benjamin9876benjamin9876 Member Posts: 17
    Quick questions, is that possible for me to combine the $1000 graduation rebate and the 2.9% finance going on right now for the Camry?
  • acauseyacausey Member Posts: 2
    Retail value of $29363 for a white 2012 Camry Hybrid LE stock with floormats, vehicle shield package, tint. Got them down to $26035 which they are saying is $200 above "their cost."

Good deal or no?

I'm also looking at a 2012 Prius 2 stock and got a quote of $23990. Trying to decide what car I want out of the two and get the best price.
  • gnartgnart Member Posts: 36
    My dealer said "yes" that you can have both incentives. I said "I had my own financing". They tried to offer lower rate. I had cash, so I wrote them a check....
    I looked at about buying hybrid on my last two purchases. I calculated the difference in vehicle cost (I pay cash so no added interest cost to the vehicles), the difference in gasoline cost projected out for 10 years, battery replacement cost, even without calculating city (battery) and highway (gas) usage. I find that it costs more to own a hybrid or break even. Just my own analysis.
  • acauseyacausey Member Posts: 2
    I think you are right. I know I will not own this car for any more than 5 years. I calculated the cost and I still wouldn't recoop the initial $3000 or so extra.

Unfortunately, the monthly gas savings of the regular 4 cyl camry compared to my current 4Runner wouldn't be quite enough to justify the purchase. While the Camry Hybrid will cost more over time, it would be cheaper monthly.

So, I'm stuck with just keeping my 4Runner although I have a really good offer on it right now... getting the base prius... or this hybrid camry.
  • sportsducksportsduck Member Posts: 2
    Live in Central/North New Jersey. To make a long story short:

Camry Hybrid XLE
    Leather Package (and all that comes with it), Carpeted Floor and Trunk Mat Set, and Rear Bumper Applique

MSRP: $32,274
    Paid: $30,472

Also got the 7 yr/125,000 mile warranty (drive 70 miles round trip for work) for $1,445 in lieu of the $2,075 MSRP. In regards to financing, the dealership/Toyota originally offered around 4.7%. I showed them a national bank was offering 2.64% 60 month new car loans and checking account holders got a .25% discount so they matched the 2.39% finance rate.

Thoughts?
    Each time I bought a new car (myself, sister/2004 and niece/2008), I analyzed a 10 year cost for ownership, using $2.00 more per gallon than current price and minus rebate if any. The cost worked out in favor of the gas engine. If the government offers a substantial rebate, it would work. We drove around 12K/year - highway mostly, so the hybrid would be using gas instead of electric. The battery is for city driving. The hybrid uses gas on highway and the car has an extra passenger (the battery).

If you have a good offer on the 4Runner, you may want to look at previously owned hybrid of comparable year and mileage. You should inquire about the state of the battery and how much it would cost to replace, then see if you could get an extended warranty to cover the battery.
  • angelwing337angelwing337 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the DC area and am looking at the fully loaded XLE with nav, leather and sunroof. The l it's price is around 31,000/32,000 and I got him down to 26,200. I'm on my way in now to do the deal, I'll let you know what I end up at. I got him down by getting a quote on the Accord and then asking him to beat it. They are giving Accords away right now in preparation for the new model in 2013.
  • jandjfishingjandjfishing Member Posts: 1
    I'm in SoCal so hopefully dealers price competitively. I am looking for basic LE with 8-way power driver seat and carpeted mats. MSRP with these options and destination is $23,925 with invoice $22,250. Just casually getting quotes via email of 21,500. What is the best price relative to invoice that others are getting recently in Southern California for relatively base LE? Thanks in advance.
    edited April 2012
    I started requesting some quotes from the local Dallas dealers and the lowest I have got is 24995 for an SE 4 cylinder with the following options
    PD 8-Way Power Adjustable Driver's Seat

SR Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof
    L2 Premium Two-Tone Leather
    CF Premium Carpet Mat Set
    Carpet Floor Mats
    Rear Trunk Mat
    P2 Vehicle Shield Package
    What should be my target price before TTL ? Do you think 22500 is reasonable?
  • lzhaolzhao Member Posts: 1
    Hi RM,

what is you OTD number for your car please?
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Thats too much. Go to Orange County Register online and there is a dealer in orange county that is selling brand new 2012 Camry SE's with power seat for $20,995 plus fees. Best deal anywhere in CA. With tax, license, fees, you should be right around $23K OTD.
  • ahuahu Member Posts: 14
    Got 2012 Toyota Camry SE drive out for $23k out the door, 21350 before tax and title. If interested you can email me at ahtexas07 at gmail and I will send you dealer and sales person info...... Sales man is great to work with.......
    If you qualify you can have extra $750 edmunds rebate so your final price will be $22250 after edmunds rebate....

Again for more info contact me at ahtexas07 at gmail.....
  • bttrthngr8bttrthngr8 Member Posts: 7
    Start at $1000 under invoice. I just got an SE with 8-way power, carpet mats for $21,300. (wheel locks & emergency kit as well), Good Luck!
  • charlesliucharlesliu Member Posts: 2
    Dallas, msrp 32k
    will be 28.2k after edmunds rebate.
    Good luck folks.
  • wtdswtds Member Posts: 9
    What dealer?

Also any details on included options would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Purchased SE with CF - Premium carpet Mat set, Carpet floor mats, Rear trunk mat and PD- 8-way power adjustable drivers seat (MSRP of $24,425) invoice was $22,432, negotiated $21,232. Plus with potential edmunds rebate think we made out great! We were out of the dealership within 3 hours. One of those hours was because we walked around looking at other cars. My only warning is that people be careful with the added interest or gap insurance. The sales manager tried to throw in gap (we went in with 0 down) and calculated at 4.75%. Had to ask about the 2.9% financing. Other than that it went great!
  • charlesliucharlesliu Member Posts: 2
    The price included a 1k graduate credit.
    options: DT window tint, mud guards, premium carpet mats, vehicle shield pkg, cargo net. not really great options, but even w/o all these that was the best price i could get yesterday. just wanted to close the deal so took it.
    had 0APR for 36m as well.
    if it's an ok deal, email me at liu2019@yahoo.com for dealer info~
  • cilliawncilliawn Member Posts: 2
    Whereabouts in Northern California are you. Or do you mind if I ask which dealership you purchased at?
  • benjamin9876benjamin9876 Member Posts: 17
    Which dealer u went to? I'm in bay area. Thanks
    Merced Toyota. Got quotes from all over including Southern CA dealers, but they made it easy and it was a quick process. Send for a quote online and then negotiate when they call.
    Merced Toyota matched price I had gotten from Southern CA. Ended up paying for wheel locks and then they threw in emergency kit.
  • nflguynflguy Member Posts: 90
    I'm looking for a 4 cylinder in the dallas Fort worth area with the same options as you (although I'm looking for an XLE). Please share if you find a local dealer that will give you a good price.

I'm still trying to figure out what a good out the door price would be on a 4 cylinder XLE with Leather package, convienience package , and navigation (not the premium).

Best price so far locally has been $28,996 out the door. I don't want to pay more then $28,000 even especially since all of the 4 cylnders I have seen don't have blind spot monitor.
  • cilliawncilliawn Member Posts: 2
    Was the $21,232 with the wheel locks, or did you buy those after?
    They added that after. So basically came out to 21,312. I wasn't going to argue about them at that point. I think they've added the locks to most of their SE's. They gave me the e-kit as a throw in. All other dealers across bay area said they'd check, but kept pushing for more. Merced didn't waste time. Their original "internet customer price" was $21,888. They checked & agreed so we made an appointment. It was nice to have a smooth transaction.
    Haven't had any luck so far. Went by a dealer ship yesterday but we didn't have an agreement on the price