Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cardude16cardude16 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote for Camry se I4 nav/leather/con pkg/carpet mats/wheel lock/rear number applique / moon roof / nav and entune / for 25435 plus junk fees 250 ( 75 dealer prep 50 out of state state inspection 25 and so on) plus tax and tags extra also quoted 640 for Toyota ext warranty 8 yrs 75000 miles. Is this a good price. NY city suburbs
  • cardude16cardude16 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote for Camry se I4 nav/leather/con pkg/carpet mats/wheel lock/rear number applique / moon roof /nav and entune / for 25435 plus junk fees 250 ( 75 dealer prep 50 out of state state inspection 25 and so on) plus tax and tags extra also quoted 640 for Toyota ext warranty 8 yrs 75000 miles. Is this a good price. NY city suburbs
  • chenxiaoyichenxiaoyi Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2012 Camry LE with the carpet floor mats and power seat for $22750 OTD in northen california. Is it a good price?
  • schewmischewmi Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2012
    OTD Revised to $24,400 with Grad Rebate. (MSRP $29,605)
    I am targeting $24000.

Miles: Test drove the same car, had 4 miles + 8 miles of test drive =12 miles.

Equipments on Base Camry XLE:
    1. Convenience Package (CQ)
    2. Leather Package (LA-1)
    3. Navigation Display (EX)

Exterior Color: Silver Interior: Ash

$24,000 for MSRP 29,605 Is it realistic?
  • rob_v6rob_v6 Member Posts: 20
    Very good deal......what state?
    good deal----in what state are you in......im looking for the same deal
  • g_ncg_nc Member Posts: 2
    The deal was in North Carolina
  • ctlctl Member Posts: 129
    That means 24,0xx MSRP and 20,7xx Sales price before TTL? good deal! which dealer?
  • kp1pbrkp1pbr Member Posts: 7
    That sounds like a good deal.
    I'm looking for buyers in Central FL area that got great deals. Conguration I'm looking for is SE 4cyl with sunroof, entune, and convenience pkg. Is 23k possible?
  • chenxiaoyichenxiaoyi Member Posts: 2
    It was Hayward toyota.
  • lganlgan Member Posts: 2
    Where do you find the link for the Edmunds $750 mail in rebate? Thanks.
  • kittyranmakittyranma Member Posts: 1
    Got a Hybrid XLE w/Display Nav (non-HDD), Convenience, Leather and Moon (+Floor Mats). MSRP $32205, purchase $29767 before TTL in San Diego (Carlsbad Toyota). Drove it back to San Francisco.

I tried, tried and tried to get anywhere near that in No.Cal (live in San Francisco, heart of "Smug Alert" .. err .. Hybrid country, with apologies to Eric Cartman). Nobody would even come close to invoice, much less under msrp. I am hearing now with gas above $4.25 in Nor Cal ($4.59 down the street -- for regular), no dealer here is under msrp, period. Too bad.
  • argentoleeargentolee Member Posts: 1
    hi,
    i got a OTD price for the same car $32,580. thats including tax and all other fees.
    This was in South Bay.
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64
    I always find it interesting when people buy a car and then question whether they received a good deal or not. Isn't that a little late? I would rather do my homework, get a good deal according to my information and hope for the best. Nothing you can do after the fact except be angry and upset. Why waste the energy?
  • oz_22151oz_22151 Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2012
    To help other people learn from their mistakes and get a better deal ?

And to gloat and feel good if you got a steal ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    That's just the way some people word it...

As noted above, they are reporting what they paid... which is what this forum is all about!

Focus on the data, not the semantics... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• winbuiwinbui Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted a price of 24,600 before TTL on he Toyota Camry Hybrid LE in cosmic Gray. I live in the western New york area (Buffalo/Rochester). I was wondering if this was a good price. Edmunds list the invoice as 24621 and a TMV 25496 for this area.
  • siddiquimsiddiquim Member Posts: 1
    I am making a 2012 Camry LE purchase from a dealer in Chicago.
    Sale price was $19995 - $1000 college grade Rebate. So $18995 + Tax title etc.
    Also getting 2.99% APR for 60 months. The camry does not have power seats, but does have the touch display. Power locks and Windows and they are giving floor-trunk mats.
    Please Advise.
  • gkartikgkartik Member Posts: 4
    I was getting best OTD price $27052 for 2012 Toyota Camery 4 Cylder with Conv Package with no any rebate. Not eligible for college rebate or military rebate.
    Anybody get better price below this ? I'm in East Bay, California.

Please Advise.
    take it---- very good price
    edited May 2012
    just leased SE 4cyl 24625 sticker ----230+tax of 7.75%, 36 months 0 down pmt --Toyota of Orange.... 14264 is the residual ------don't pay more than this if you are leasing, try to get much better deal than this. check this website for socal car deals http://npaper2.com/autos
    + i will get the rebate. Thank you edmunds.com :)
    ......additionally -----V6 is not necessary, 4cyl is more than sufficient, very smooth
  • lganlgan Member Posts: 2
    Excellent deal. Could you reveal the dealer info? Thanks.
  • ballance_kballance_k Member Posts: 5
    Hi Siddiquim, does this price include destination charge? If no, I guess it is a regular deal. If yes, then it should be a super deal.
  • gnartgnart Member Posts: 36
    Excellent deal. Who is the dealer?
    How much is the car sale tax in VA?
  • dan1005dan1005 Member Posts: 2
    Very satisfied after buying a special Camry LE sale on 5/26/02. Paid $19488 before TTL. Not eligible for college rebate. Toyota sticker MSRP was $24025 with power seat and carpetmat option. Saleman and manager were very friendly in bargaining. Very little hassle in bargaining in only 15 minutes.

So glad we have Edmunds/Toyota $750 rebate to save even more.

Will bring friends/relatives and come back here for future deals. Hope this dealership will stay in good business to give us more deals like this!
    Hi Dan1005,

Could you share the information of the dealer? I am looking for a similar car. Thanks.
  • lonestar4lonestar4 Member Posts: 11
    I just bought a 2012 Camry SE - 4-Cylinder in Houston.
    MSRP $28226
    Paid $24200 plus TTL - OTD = $25750
    Options
    EX - Nav, Etune, Bluetooth and blah blah blah
    PD - 8-Way power adjustable driver's seat
    L1 - Leather (with heated seats and power lumbar support - passenger)
    GE - Night vision auto-dimming mirror
    DT - Window tint
    CF - Premium carpet mat set
    P2 - Vehicle shield package

Dealing with the dealers in Houston is a pain. They're bunch of arrogant jerks.
    Luckily, I finally found a helpful, and decent one who gave me the best deal that I could find. I'm really happy with the purchase.
    I'll mail Edmund rebate tomorrow.
  • ocbmwocbmw Member Posts: 31
    Excellent deal Dan,
    Care to share the salesman you work with?
    Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jinsungcjinsungc Member Posts: 1
    2012 Camry SE + Power Driver seat + Carpet Mat w/ Trunk Mat + Window Tint + Tax/Tag/Dealer fee = $22,800 OTD

How about this deal? Acceptable?
  • ocbmwocbmw Member Posts: 31
    My dealer told me if I wait till June, he can get me a sweeter deal, anybody knows about June Camry incentives?
  • dan1005dan1005 Member Posts: 2
    DCH Toyota in Torrance is located at 2955 Pacific Coast Highway, Torrance, CA 90505. Their website http://www.torrancetoyota.com. I cannot disclose personnel info per forum policy.

Our deal was for a brand new (not demo) car with only 12 miles.

I noticed many customers waiting for their cars in the showroom during my purchase. So I think this dealership had many satisfied customers. Hopefully, you will be able to negotiate and find great deals here too.
  • bmorestevebmoresteve Member Posts: 2
    Went to Bill Kidds in Baltimore area last night and after some back and forth the lowest deal I could get on an XLE with leather and convenience but no navigation was $27,600 on the road.

I have seen posts where people have said $26,500 on the road. Is this possible?
    thanks.
  • manchurianmanchurian Member Posts: 20
    That's an awesome deal! Would you mind sharing the dealer's name? I live in Houston as well and looking to buy the same config.
  • vmdavmda Member Posts: 1
    could you tell me which dealership you went to ?
    thanks.
    I am looking to get a basic se without any options.
  • lonestar4lonestar4 Member Posts: 11
    It's Fred Haas Toyota World off I45. I did all communication through emails.
    I could have negotiated down a couple of hundred bucks more, though.
    I'm happy with the car. It's hard to find one with everything, especially factory installed leather without moonroof which I hate. The internet saleman was able to find one and shipped to the dealer.
  • manchurianmanchurian Member Posts: 20
    Thank you! I am planning to visit them this weekend.
  • bmorestevebmoresteve Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Got my 4i XLE with leather and conveniece last night. I purchased from Jerry's Toyota just outside of Baltimore. They include tires for life, tire rotations for life and car washes for life. Good experience overall. Here is the breakdown of the pricing. I had a trade, but I adjusted the taxes to reflect a purchase without one.

MSRP: $28,622
    Your Today Special: *$24,364
    Destination: $760
    Dealer Processing Fee: $200
    MD State Tax 6%: $1,519.44
    MD State Tags: $292
    Total Maryland Out The Door Price: $27,135.44
    Mail in Rebate $750
    Total $26,385.44

With a $3000 trade it dropped the taxes by $180 but for comparison's sake I used the full selling price.

The $750 edmunds maile in rebate was hard to find but it was just extended. Mine is good for a purchase until July 15th.

Word of caution - I had a horrible experience at R&H Toyota. My sales person was as slimy as they come. He quoted me a price numerous times over the phone and through text. When I got there it went up $400. Somewhat expected but his excuse was an adding error. Anyway I noticed a rebate on the bottom of his numbers for $750. When I questioned it he said it was a mail in rebate. He included the edmunds rebate in his pricing! He said he was going to fill out all the information and mail it in for me. What a joke.
  • wiseoldfartwiseoldfart Member Posts: 40
    Up to 1000 miles on my Camry LE. Perfect so far. Oil level reads full and oil is crystal clear. Gas mileage is pretty much in line with expectations. Glad I bought this car instead of a Sonata. Some people including Motor Trend are complaining about steering and gas mileage on their Sonatas. MT didn't like its sluggish 6AT, either.

Read the MT test on the Camry, Sonata, and Passat. The Sonata GLS they tested got 6.5 mpg less than the Camry LE. That's a lot! The Passat finished first, but it's also more expensive and less reliable than the Camry. It also lacked a couple features. VW's have had lousy long term reliability for decades. Expect nothing to change in that department. I'll never buy another VW. I'm positive I made the right choice in buying this new Camry. No buyer's remorse with my last three Japanese sedans.

The salesman at my dealer in North Naples, FL was great - no BS. He not only met my price with a 207k mile 1997 Maxima trade-in, I got a power driver seat thrown in with the deal. That's a $400 option. Glad I didn't insist on the manual seat because it lacks lumbar support. I find myself making more seat adjustments on long drives now. It's so much easier. Get the power seat.
    Which state are you located? My state have 7% tax rate. I guess if the tax rate is 5% or higher, then it is a great deal (tax rate the higher the better for the deal, as you only stated OTD price). If no sales tax, like in Delaware, then it is not a good deal.
  • tx_icetx_ice Member Posts: 22
    Bought 2012 Camry SE - 4-Cylinder in Houston on Memorial Day Weekend.
    MSRP $25079
    Paid $23000 OTD

Options
    PD - 8-Way power adjustable driver's seat
    CF - Premium carpet mat set
    P2 - Vehicle shield package

Pretty smooth transaction. Submitted paperwork for the Edmunds rebate so feel pretty good about this price.
  • jack1002jack1002 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    is $21813+TTL for basic 2012 Camry SE a good price?
  • coolcucumbercoolcucumber Member Posts: 4
    No, it's not. I got for 21k +TTL from fitzgerald Toyota , md.
  • jack1002jack1002 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks.
  • hoolahoopshoolahoops Member Posts: 2
    thanks for the info. i am in the market now for camry xle.. where did you find the rebate?
  • hoolahoopshoolahoops Member Posts: 2
    i cant find the edmunds rebate. can you help me?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Please note that the sponsors of these offers do not allow Edmunds to publish any specific details about how or when they become available.

For further clarification, please see this FAQ:

http://support.edmunds.com/faq-Special-Offers-for-Edmunds-Shoppers-Rebates-83199- .aspx
  • cpl2usacpl2usa Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2012
    I got a quote for SE with following options.
    Moonroof Package
    Display Audio w/Navigation and Entune
    Leather Package
    Preferred Accessory Package
    Convenience Package

MSRP: $28635

Quote is $24956 + tax/title/doc fee

is it good price?
  • vroom34567vroom34567 Member Posts: 1
    Karen, how do we become eligible to receive these rebates? Am I eligible by just registering with edmunds.com as I have done?
    Thanks