Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• schewmischewmi Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2012
    I had a quote for 2012 SE base model with 20,400 OTD from fitz, MD.
    Fitzmall MD
    Fitzmall, MD. Sales tax is 3.2%
  • cpl2usacpl2usa Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2012
    Can you please share MSRP of the vehicle? $20,400 includes tax and title? I am getting much higher quote in NJ.
  • toyokdtoyokd Member Posts: 1
    I just got a SE camry with power seat and carpet mat at pensacola FL $ 23000 OTD is it good price ? with sale taxe 7.5% MSRP is $ 25517.00
  • cpl2usacpl2usa Member Posts: 18
    Can you give the price break up? price without tax, title, doc fee etc.
  • andy1688andy1688 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    I bought a Camry SE from Longo Toyota with a MSRP of $25695 with Navigation, Power seats and Carpeted floor and trunk mats on June 16, 2012. The Manager sold it to me for $22888 plus tax and license. It was a great deal as I had compared his price with 10 other Toyota dealers.
  • ocbmwocbmw Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2012
    I had aN OTD quote for Accord LXP at $20.4K from a dealer in SoCal. But I decided to buy Camry LE (with power driver seat + mat/carpet) for $21.15K OTD after $750 rebates from Edmunds/Toyota.
  • imeanbusinessimeanbusiness Member Posts: 1
    The best offer I got so far is $25700 plus tax& title. This is fully loaded leather+convenience+nav+moonroof+powerset and also mats and tint. Is this a good deal ? I am in the south east.
  • coches1coches1 Member Posts: 104
    Hello ocbmw message #9293 or other informed edmunds forum participant. I almost purchased a Honda Acccord LXP like you but have decided to go with the CamryLE. Your posting says OTD price of $21.15k for a LE after $750 rebate from Edmunds. Please share the dealer and how i can obtain the $750 rebate. We also live in Southern Ca.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    edmund2460..

Drop me an e-mail (just click on my name)..

Your e-mail bounces...

regards,

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2012
    You can check out Torrance and Mossy San Diego in person, it isn't hard to get them to agree on 21.9K OTD. Be firm and willing to walk out.
    Edmunds/Toyota rebates ad is easily noticeable in Edmunds website, if you spend some time browsing edmunds. My last tip to a poster was deleted by HOST. So, ...
    Good luck
  • menace24menace24 Member Posts: 3
    come with moonroof too?
    To andy1688

Thanks for the information about your purchase of a Camry SE for $22.888 from
    Longo. Did you receive any prices for Camry LE in your comparisons or only
    SE models. I am currently looking for a LE model. What dealers were more competitive than others.

thanks
    coches1
  • dparlerdparler Member Posts: 22
    I negotiated down to $ 20,698 on a Camry LE at Bob Richards in North Augusta, SC. Another model at another dealer was listed as $20,998 (internet price) but the one I purchased did not have a rear spoiler so I got them to subtract out the cost of that option ($300). The deal was half-in-person and half-internet as I shopped dealers via internet, saw competing quotes, went in to test drive, then e-mailed correspondances back. With the Edmunds coupon for $750 off a new Camry that magically popped up when I compared models at this site, {LAST MONTH} that will bring the cost down another $750 to $19,948 plus $300 admistration fee and tax, tag, and title. (It may have helped that it was the last day of the month. They also gave me $1000 more on a trade-in than a competitor, so by the time it was all said and done it was about as cheap to buy a new Camry as to purchase a used 2009 model with 25k miles.
    Thanks dparler for the helpful info. regarding pricing for the 2012 CamryLE. The truth is nobody knows the exact invoice price, all we can hope for is to be more informed and obtain the best price.

We are in Los Angeles and the prices are similar. Do you know when the incentives will start for the 2012 Camry clearance sale?
    I am thinking their will be additional saving from $500-$1500. Still waiting
    for my $750 Edmunds rebate.
  • qnj919qnj919 Member Posts: 4
    I have got a quote for 21,812 for the base 2012 SE model? Is this a good deal?
    The best I have got so far for an LE model is 21,111. Any thoughts?
    I am in Southern California and the LE is around 21,500, although these are phone quotes. I believe the only difference between LE and SE is the sunroof. Maybe the state to state price is different. good luck and keep the forum informed. thanks gn919.
  • manchurianmanchurian Member Posts: 20
    Folks:
    Do any of you know whether Toyota will come out with any special additional incentives or rebates for Camry for July 4th weekend? Currently, they offer $500 incentive if we go with their financing. In addition, they also have $1000 rebate for college grads. Any news or rumors what additional rebates/incentives will be coming down the pipe for July 4th. I am ready to pull the plug for a Camry XLE this weekend. Wondering whether I can push it out by 2 more weeks!!
  • nthbostonnthboston Member Posts: 3
    I am working with the following offer in Massachusetts for an LE with Automatic Seat and floormats:

MSRP $24,025

Selling Price $19,995
    Doc Fee $ 395
    Tax (6.25%) $ 1,249.69
    Title $ 100

Grand Total $21,739.69
  • menace24menace24 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought and was delivered a 2012 Camry SE for 20,500 with floor and trunk mats. plus tax and license. there have a couple more for sale Maita Toyota in Sacramento, CA excellent service and easy to deal with AMAZING!!!
    It is always interesting to see the price difference between the east and west coasts.
    Calling the dealers here in Southern CA. will give you a price about 21,500.
    I wonder if the dealers in the Northeast have already received "DEALER INCENTIVE $$" and passed some of it along to you.

Here in So CA. the Camry LE price is higher. 19,995 is the full page advertised price and the dealer will sell only one car at this amount

Still, what a great value when you step back and see a great car that has everything for 20k......good job

coches1
    WOW! So far 21,500k here in So. ca only obtains a LE. You have the sunroof and still paid 20,500. seems like a good deal but who really knows what the dealer pays.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gkartikgkartik Member Posts: 4
    Thank you kyfdx. I found in google too.
  • manchurianmanchurian Member Posts: 20
    Its a good deal. Very rare to find a Camry XLE with convenience and leather package only. Most of the time, leather & convenience package comes with navigation. I have been looking for Toyota installed leather (LA) with Convenience package (CQ). All Toyota dealers in Houston are saying its a special order which may take up to 6 months. Not sure whether its true.
  • swimindreamswimindream Member Posts: 1
    Do you mind to share which dealership are you buying the car from? I am in MA and want to buy a LE too. Thanks.
    Mazda6dude

Your message says you know of a Toyota dealer providing "The best deal anywhere in CA". What dealer in OC is it?

Thanks from all of us.
  • cmstea00cmstea00 Member Posts: 2
    i'm in the Western KY / Southern IN region looking for a 2012 SE V6 with Leather + Convenience packages. Local MSRP is $31,405. Edmunds shows Invoice at $27,794. TMV is $28,216. I qualify for the college grad $1,000 rebate. I have a trade in which KBB values at approximately $3,500. Was thinking of offering 24k OTD. Does this sound reasonable?
  • djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    Hi cmstea00:

You should be able to purchase the Camry for about 10% off MSRP! ----- At the end of a model year, I have seen advertised deals as low as 15% of MSRP! Remember, when you negotiate you are dealing with three separate deals. The selling price of the new vehicle, ---- the value of the trade, and the cost of the Toyota extended warranty. (YES, the selling price of the extended warranty is negotiable! I always put a "top of the line" manufacturer's extended warranty on my vehicles for the maximum number of years, and the maximum mileage! WITH A 100,000 MILE WARRANTY I AM DRIVING ON THEIR DIME!) You should negotiate each ITEM separately! Dealers like to dump everything into one pot!
    Best regards. ---------- Dwayne :shades: ;):)
  • cmstea00cmstea00 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Dwayne. I'm looking to pay substantially less than 15% off of MSRP after factoring in trade in value and the cost of TTL. Assuming the MSRP is 31.4k, i'm looking at 33% off MSRP.

At 15% off MSRP the purchase price would be 28, 260. Less 3500 for trade in and 1000 for the grad bonus i'm right back to $23,750 or so, which was what I had planned on offering.

Does this sound right?
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Toyota of Orange in SoCal has good prices, but I would have to take the "The Best Deal Anywhere in CA" claim back as Maita Toyota in Northern CA is selling Camry's for cheaper as of right now. Thanks.
    Dwayne,

I am hopeful a forum member is a current sales person to tell
    us the advantage in negotiating MSRP vs. INVOICE. Actually,
    maybe best strategy is to request a net price for the vehicle.
    For example, Camry LE with driver power seats and mats.

In this manner we have illimminated MSRP and INVOICE and
    go directly to the cash price of the vehicle. This is easy and directly
    to the point. The MSRP and INVOICE are meaningless.

I believe the best way to handle the trade is after you agree on the
    purchase price. It keeps things clean and seperate.

WIth regards to extended warranty, why not keep the $1,000.00
    in your pocket, change the oil every 5k and gamble on the quality
    of the product.

Thank you Dwayne for bringing this to the table. I am sure we
    will hear some war stories from a car salesperson.

coches1
    mazda6dude,

Thank you for your response about MAITE TOYOTA and
    TOYOTA of ORANGE. I called Maite and received a quote
    much less than So. Ca. dealers. The salesperson gave
    me a quote immediately. Your response give me confidence
    about the reliability of selling at this price.

thanks
    coches1
  • rhizzleboprhizzlebop Member Posts: 12
    I am working on a deal for a Hybrid Camry XLE.
    MSRP is 35,360+dealer fees+tag, +title+ sales tax ($300 fixed)

I'm being quoted right now a best of 32,590 Tax, Tag, Title, Done OTD, but with the wrong color leather interior.

Another dealer who is closer is quoting me 33,200 Tax tag title OTD (32,000+700 dealer fee +190 tag +300 in sales tax. He is quoting the exact car I want, and is getting a fresh redirected one in next month.

I believe the 32590 OTD is a good deal. I want a specific exterior color as well and there are VERY few of them out there it seems.

I'm hoping to get the other deal down to around 32,200 +tax (300) and then I think I've scored a great deal.

Agree? or no?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    I know this is a prices paid forum, but how come you are going with the XLE Hybrid as opposed to a 4 cyl XLE? What on god's green earth is the $700 dealer fee? Extra profit?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

My caclulations say the Hybrid value payback is well in the good range.

As for the 700. It IS just profit. I mention it just to be clear, but my concern is truely in OTD price. I dont care if they reduce he car another 700 and add the 700 fee as long as the OTD is good.

I think I should be able to get about 32,200 OTD +my state sales tax (32,500).

Invoice on this car is around 33,100.

To me that sounds like cost to the dealer should be about 31,900. (about 1200 under invoice).
    If they bring this one straight in and sell it to be they get the entire holdback (about $950).
    So, selling it to be at 32,200 should mean they still made about 1200 bucks (31900-950=cost of 30950 +180 tag fee , sell for 32200=profit to the dealer of `$1000.

That to me sounds like a pretty good deal if I can get it there. Or are my "cost" estimates way off?
    edited June 2012
    I am curious how over time gas cost would make up for Hybrid premium. care to share your numbers?
    We own BMW, Camry and Accord. Nothing is compared to BMW driving experience, If I were willing to pay 33K for a car, that would not be definitely a Camry.
    BTW, I think dealers make much more than that. I got my 2012 Camry for $2000 below invoice (plus TTL) and dealer still makes money. I am really curious to know how much dealers pay Toyota.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Anytime! Glad to be of help! Its a great car!
    Well, what would you be buying for 33k?
    I would not buy a used BMW?
    I would not want the maintenance of a BMW or Mercedes.

I calculated that the Hybrid costs about 3500 more than the standard car with the same features.
    I did this calculation.
    150K miles, divided by 44 mpg (yes above the rated, but indications are this is an achievable average MPG) * $4 (I estimate that as an average gas price over the 7 year span to reach the 150K miles.

I then figured the standard car at 150K miles, divided by 28 which i think is an average for the gas car considering around town and highway, * $4.

The savings over that span is about 7800 dollars.
    The cost difference of the car is about 3500.

Then, on top of that, I believe the CVT transmission will be more reliable, the engine will experience less strain than the 4cyl.
    Also, once its paid for, I'll enjoy for a longer time that 40+ MPG.

I do not anticipate a hybrid battery issue as I feel they real world data says they are VERY reliable.

Additionally, the hybrid is actually quieter and smoother than the gas only car.

This is my calculation.

On top of all of that, there is a fun factor to the game of trying to get the mpg as high as possible.
    Additionally, I just got an email from another dealer who quoted me a few days ago, saying that just today Toyota released another 500 incentive for the end of June sales, so my goal at this moment is to try to squeeze down about 32K even OTD for this one.
    I'm also gonna do the 0% for 4 years financing.

To any who see this, what would you buy for 32K?
    Mazda6dude

You seem to have a lot of knowledge regarding the car
    business. When can we expect the SUMMER FACTORY CASH INCENTIVES
    from Toyota. I want to buy now but $500-1500 less would be better.

Thanks again for helpful Information.
  • tavibenbentavibenben Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2012
    I called a dealer and he told me the 500 incentive does not apply to the camry, but he mentioned the APR will be 1.9% starting tmrrw. How to get the 0APR? Anyone get more information?
    I confirmed again that the Camry had the 500 incentive from that dealer and that it was a factory incentive. Thy responded quickly with an affirmative yes.
    As for the 1.9 %. That dealer you spoke with seems a bit out of touch because you can get 0% up to 48 months and 1.9 for 5 years That has been n effect since June 5 th and runs through July 9th. You can see that right now on southeasttoyota . Com. I'd say it'll prob be extended but can't say for sure right now. I cannot however confirm the 500 off on toyotas website but this one dealer is assuring me its on and he will honor it.
    Thanks! I was able to see the 0 APR on Southeast.buytoyota.com. But it says "All offers require approved credit through Southeast Toyota Finance", how does this work? How can I get the dealer agree on this APR? Thanks again.
  • nthbostonnthboston Member Posts: 3
    Ira Toyota of Tewksbury. If you send me an email, I can get you more information.
    ben, I dunno if the 0 percent is regional around the country but it's def in the south east. All one needs to do is apply using Toyota credit financing inside the dealership and based on your credit worthiness you are either approved or disapproved for it. Now if it's regional and you are in a region of the USA who does not have it right now then there is nothing y can do to get it. But I thought financing offers were nation wide

Anyone been able to confirm the 500 off?

Anyone care to comment on why 32k for a hybrid Camry loaded up seems like a poor decicsion? I Am genuinely curious to see the reasoning in the valuation. Maybe I missed something that I should consider. I'd appreciate feedback and comments as I am close to making a purchase.
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Toyota APR promos vary by region so check your region (just go to buyatoyota.com and it'll show offers in your region) -- sometimes they'll have national promos that apply to all regions
    Southeast region shows 0% for 36/48, 1.9% for 60 months on the Camry
    Chicago region shows 1.9% for 36/48/60 months

First get car quotes from different dealers to see who has the lowest price (their online sales dept will generally give better deals so go through each dealer's website) and then fill out a credit application at the dealer you plan on buying from

The only way to know if you qualify for the promo APR is to have them run your credit. If you only want to buy the car based on the promo interest rate then agree on a price by email (price of the car and total OTD) then go to the dealer and tell them you're fine with the price, but you'll only buy it if you can get the promo financing. Since you alrdy know the total OTD price on the car, tell them how much you're willing to put down, loan term you want (36/48/60) and have them run your credit to see what rate you qualify for (do not sign any papers except the credit app so if you're not happy with the rate then you can just walk out). Once they run your credit they'll come back with a monthly amount, but ask them specifically for the APR you qualified for and from which bank (promo rates are from Toyota Financing so thats the bank you're looking for)
    Thanks for the information. I checked my area on buyatoyota.com, seems no 0 APR offer. I'll check with the dealer to see if they can do it. But weird enough, there should be something going on since the dealer told me yesterday saying there'll be new APR of 1.9% starting 6/28, if that's the case for 60 month, I hope they also have 0 for 36/48 months.
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Its your money so buy whatever you want with it -- I would never spend $32k on a Camry b/c at the end of the day its still a Camry and most people buy Camrys for low to mid $20's so spending $30k+ on it doesn't seem worth it to me, but that's just me. Another thing is that I wouldn't buy a hybrid just b/c I have to pay thousands of dollars upfront and then wait 4-7 yrs to break even before I notice the savings, but then again thats just me and the way I think =P If the break even point is closer to 3 yrs then I would go for it, but waiting 4-7 yrs isn't worth it to me

Another thing I see is people who live in the suburbs buying hybrids which is a waste since most of their driving is "highway-like" so regular gas cars would get decent mileage in that type of driving anyways -- it'll take them so many yrs to recover the extra money they spent up front for the hybrid that its not even worth it

If you live in or near a major city and do a lot of city driving or rush hour commuting where you're stuck in traffic then the hybrid will be worth it since city driving is the main benefit of hybrids and you'll recover the extra money you spent on the car faster

My friend used his brother's Prius for a few months for commuting to work in rush hour Chicago traffic and he was averaging 50 MPG, but in a regular gas car he was getting about 25 MPG so for him a hybrid would be worth it

Camry gas: 25 city/35 hwy/28 combined
    Camry hybrid: 40 city/38 hwy/40 combined

I was looking at your calculations above -- the gas Camry combined avg is 28 and the hybrid is 40 so why use above avg of 44 for the hybrid but only use the avg of 28 for the gas model? If you're expecting to change your driving habits to get 44 in the hybrid then why not do the same with the gas model for 30-32 MPG?

If you plan on driving 150k mi in 7 yrs then thats about 21k mi/yr so:
    1) Are you sure you'll be driving 21k mi/yr for the next 7 yrs? What if your driving situation changes and you only drive 10k-15k mi/yr
    2) If you are driving 21k mi/yr then most of your driving will be highway or highway-like so your MPG should be 30-35 on the gas model depending on how much highway driving you do so your gas savings will be less