Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tavibenbentavibenben Member Posts: 8
    Too bad, the dealer told me they do not have the 500 factory incentive. Maybe I should wait for a couple of days? Hope they'll have something special for the 7/4.
  • ocbmwocbmw Member Posts: 31
    Toyota knows that people by default ASSUME Toyota has a better incentives and pricing for major holidays. That could be the reason they might not offer any more incentives for major holidays. Just something to think about.
  • coches1coches1 Member Posts: 104
    Hello jandjfishing

Back in April you stated you were looking for a LE with driver power seats and mats. What was the sales price without TTL you paid and what dealer.

thanks

coches1
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    i talked to honda dealer...accord coming up in sep 2012 ....with all standard feature with nice interi (new crv with back camera,blue tooth...)mpg around 38....now altima came with mpg 38(hwy)...

so toyota doesnot have much options in few months to get ride off camry with zero apr....since toyota quality doesnot always meet with honda or nissan.....

i would wait to buy camry.....need more comparision

thanks
    hp
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    "....since toyota quality doesnot always meet with honda or nissan..... "

Source for this statement?
  • rhizzleboprhizzlebop Member Posts: 12
    I based my MPG off of the values I did because of 2 reasons.
    1. I've never seen a gas powered car that beat its EPA numbers.
    Every toyota hybrid I know of exceeds its EPA ratings in real world driving.

To the poster directly above, not sure why you would say Toyota doesn't have the same quality as Honda or Nissan. I'd say they are better, except with more affordable parts than Honda, and better fit and finish than nissan.
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    goes to consu report or motor trend.....their review said .....new camry,prius v or sienna.....all they said in their review...cheap....looking seat ,plastic.......

toyota use..cheap seat...cheap plastic......i have toyota in past but now quality is poor.....

honda or nissan...always have one plus quality in their vehicle with better seat ,hard plastic and honda always win in highest resale value...why ?there are reason behind it....

i see more honda vehicle as luxury vehicle.....

toyota everyday use vehicle....luxury doesnot feel ...

when u visit in person ...all these three brand in row...then people can tell which company has better quality than others......

thanks
    hp
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    With the new 2013 Altima just hitting dealer lots and the 2013 Accord and Fusion will do the same in a couple of months, I would guess Toyota will definitely have either rebates and/or special financing in August or September on 2012 Camry's.

The one thing going right now that is great, is the $750 edmunds rebate. What model are you looking for?

If you are looking for a new base 4 cylinder SE, I say buy it. Factoring in the $750 rebate from edmunds and the sale prices I have seen on them, you can get one for about $19,900 or a little lower before TTL in Northern CA.
  • voicemailkingvoicemailking Member Posts: 83
    I have owned Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans, currently have a 2005 Accord EXL 6 cylinder and a 2012 Toyota Se 4 cylinder. Love my 05 Accord, but comparing the 2012 Toyota SE and the 2012 Accord, Toyota is much better hands down, regardless of what they say abotu Toyota cheapening. Honda has gotten way cheap and do not even have some of the common options.......Disagree with the above!!!
  • kfernandokfernando Member Posts: 7
    I am not sure if u really did a test drive on all three(2013 Altima, 2012 Accord and 2012 Camry) i would recomend to d a test drive rather just read reviews.... u will feel it only if u test drive it.... i used to read lots of reviews but had a completely different thought when i did a test drive.
    i did test drive on all three... 2013 Altima SV - it just have lots of crome, 2012 Accord its old school... sound system nd interior is bad(old school)... 2012 camry has a nice sound sytem nd suspension. Drove all three of them on pot hole.. only camry se had a good suspension(its just my feel/thought varies from person to person)...

This might change when u test drive both
    "i see more honda vehicle as luxury vehicle.....

toyota everyday use vehicle....luxury doesnot feel ... " :)
    Thanks for the info [mazda6dude]

I am looking for a LE with power driver seats and mats. What price have you
    found for a LE?

In your opinion what are the important differences between LE and SE?
    Is it worth the extra$$ ?

thanks
    coches1
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    In my opinion, go with the SE. The price difference is minimal and you get a lot more equipment with the SE.

When I bought my SE, I rarely looked at LE prices because the difference was minimal and you get a lot more with the SE.

Fog Lights, Spoiler, 17 inch alloys, Sport Suspension, Better seat material are just some of the differences.

Hope this helps.
  • rolltide1987rolltide1987 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE with no options installed in northern California. Is it a good price to get one like $26,000 (does not include tax, title, registration, and about $55 doc fee)? Thanks!
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Take a look at what CR says about the new Civic and Odyssey - not good at all.

Back to the Camry, nice car, nice prices. Like the new suspension on the 2012s.
  • kfernandokfernando Member Posts: 7
    Finally bought camry se after 2 months research...
    SE - With moon roof, power seats, remote start(dealer installed) and floor mats - 224xx +TTL = 24600 OTD....
    Almost spoke/requested online quote from all the dealers in chicago....
    Now need to send the edmunds rebate.....
  • manchurianmanchurian Member Posts: 20
    Just bought 4 cylinder 2012 Camry XLE at Gullo Toyota, Houston. Just wanted to share with you guys the price I paid.

Invoice Price:
    Base - $22,648
    CQ convenience package - $1028
    EX Display & navigation - $903
    LA toyota installed leather - $1419
    Mats - $140
    Mud guards - $65
    3M window tint - $199
    rear bumper protector - $38
    color key side molding - $125
    TTL - $1906
    college grad rebate - $1000
    Subvention rebate - $500
    drive out price - $27,200
    I will be applying for Edmunds rebate of $750 so that makes the final price $26,450.

Worked with four other toyota dealers in Houston. Gullo gave me the competitive price. Very straight forward and no pressure approach of Gullo made me to go with them. They were also very prompt in responding to emails.
    From Maita in Sacramento. No sunroof and no power seat, basic + 5 piece mat set. Used the 1000 College rebate, OTD: $20839. Going to submit the edmunds rebate now.

Nice and smooth transaction. Quoted online, emails back and forth, then went there to nail it down.
    Congratulations!!! tavibenben

I am in So. CA and it seems all roads lead to Maita Toy.
    What was the actual sales price before all Tax and fees and before
    the $1000 college rebate.
    This will help me compare prices for the LE.

thanks
    coches1
    19988 on their website, 19900 for me after email negotiation.
    so 19900 before your $1000 college rebate right?
    yes, seems there are still several cars on their website priced at 19988.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi manchurian. I don't know if you have pulled the trigger on your Camry yet, but as you suspected Toyota dis enhance its offers on this car for the 4th of July. The exact programs that are available on it vary somewhat by region, but generally speaking Toyota lowered its special financing offer on this car to 1.9% for up to 5 years and it added a $500 cash incentive on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi rhizzlebop and others. Toyota's incentives often vary depending upon which one of its twelve regions one is in. While Toyota is providing 0% financing for up to 4 years in its Southeast region right now, the rate in just about all other regions is 1.9% for up to 5 years. It was recently enhanced to that level from 2.9%.

Car_man
    Host
    Is their a high probability of rebates and customer rebates this summer?
    Because Southern CA. has the most cars per region are they motivated
    to act first there?

It is interesting the promotions for leasing because of the increased profits.
    edited July 2012
    carman

can we expect rebates and cash incentives in july or have
    the majority of the rebates ended for 2012?
  • qnj919qnj919 Member Posts: 4
    After 2 weeks of researching about prices for the Camry SE with powered seats and mats, I ended up getting one for $23,900 OTD. With the Edmunds rebate, it's $23,150 OTD. I also got the 0% finance for 36 months. I'm in the Dallas DFW area.

I know it's not as good as some other deals from CA, but this is the best I can get. I started out by sending emails asking for quotes, and on the day that I made the purchase, I called the few dealers who have emailed me the most competitive quotes and confirmed the OTD price. Not surprisingly, some of them changed their quotes. After a few hours of pitting one dealer against the others, two different dealers told me that the lowest price OTD they can get is $24,600 and $24,500, respectively, and they EVEN told me that if I should buy the car elsewhere if I find anything better than the price that they gave me.

I ended up buying the car from the 3rd dealer that was willing to work with me and offered me $23,900 OTD with the exact color that I wanted. I feel like I could have got it lower some more by waiting until 06/30, but I had to work 12 hours that day, so there wasn't any other options unless I wanted to wait until the end of July. I bought the car on June 28th.

I test drove 7 vehicles from different brands before settling down with the Camry SE. Honda wants more money for their outdated technologies. The 2013 Hyundai Sonata's interior looks nicer, but its steering scared me; I can see myself running off the road very easily if I don't pay enough attention. The Mazda6 and Mazda3 are very fun to drive but they lags behind on mpg.

I love my Camry. Already put 300 miles on it. It's such a joy to drive. I hope everybody loves their car as much as I love mine.
  • manchurianmanchurian Member Posts: 20
    Thanks Car Man. Yes, I did pull the trigger on it. Went with 0% for 36 months.
    Besides the Power driver seats and mats what is the major difference
    between the SE and LE?

I know the front grill is different. Besides a few minor body
    changes it seems the same.

Since you have the knowledge and experience because you just purchased
    a SE maybe you can explain what the other differences are.

I was not aware the hyandai steering is drive by wire.

thanks
  • rhizzleboprhizzlebop Member Posts: 12
    So, the deal i'm looking at is the Hybrid camry XLE, in the exterior and interior color of choice.
    Basically every option except the crap toyoguard. (which is useless)
    MSRP 35.360 + state sales tax + tag+title. (There is ALSO normally a dealer fee added on, of a few hundred.)
    Got the deal at 32,600 OTD including tax, tag, and title. (the tax here is just a flat $300 sales tax).
    So, if you back the tax tag and title out, you're down around 32050. I believe. I think thats pretty good considering there are no official rebates available. I'm gonna do the 0% for 48m deal.
  • doughscenteddoughscented Member Posts: 10
    I am buying an LE this week, but only want mats, and power seat. I really don't want anything else. I am wondering how much less those go for than the SE. Toyota site says around $500 difference in base models. I am in DFW area.

Where in Edmunds site can I find rebate? Also, is it correct you did not have a trade, and is the 23,900 AFTER TTL?

Thanks!!!
    edited July 2012
    Thanks! Was your $23,900 the total amount of dollars you paid, already including tax, title, and license?

Thanks!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The Edmunds/Toyota rebate program has expired..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• energymonkeyenergymonkey Member Posts: 11
    After emailing several area Toyota dealers over a period of weeks, I just completed a lease transaction on a 2012 Camry SE in Barcelona Red in the far southwest suburbs of Chicago:

$24,425 msrp
    $22,500 selling price
    $161 doc fee
    $1,418 sales tax
    $650 Acquisition fee
    $25 Opt. ERT Fee
    $24,758 Gross Cap Cost
    $14,130 residual value
    Bottom Line: $296 x 36 months lease pymt for 12,000 miles per year.
    Out of pocket at signing= $441 ($525 Cap Cost Reduction + $296 1st pmt + $120 L & T - $500 Rebate).

Is this the best deal out there? I'm sure not, but after shopping vigorously it seemed like a fair deal to me. I just completed the paperwork for the $750 Edmund's rebate. Many thanks to all who post here for the insight you provide.
    Their has been numerous posts regarding the
    $750 rebate from edmunds when purchasing a
    toyota.
    Please share your experience of actually receiving it,
    how long did it take and any other problems or
    helpful advice for the forum.

thanks
    Yes, I am curious as well. Many people have reported sending theirs in. I was curious -- On you SE you bought here in DFW, I am thinking tax title and license is around $1700. Is that accurate. Did your $23,900 purchase involve a trade, and is that the price before TTL is added?

Thanks!!!
  • k_logank_logan Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a Camry SE a little over a month ago, and promptly mailed in the rebate. I received the $750 check in the mail today. I'm a little hesitant to cash it. Can anyone verify that this isn't a scam???
  • ocbmwocbmw Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2012
    I purchased a Camry LE on 06/16, mailed the rebate form and required docs on 6/19, they received it on 6/27. The last time I checked toyotacashback.com, it is showing the status as Pending for $750. I will post an update once I get the check and cash it.
    And NO it is not a scam. Cash it and enjoy it.
    $23,900 is the total amount after TTL is included. And you're right, TTL is around $1700. I didn't have a trade in.
    The LE can also have power seat and mat. I opted for the SE because dealers usually gave me $300-$400 difference between the LE and the SE price, and that's more than worth it. I like the SE body style (with the fog light, spoiler and bigger alloy wheels) and the seats better. The base SE has much more comfortable leather stitched seats while the base LE has the cloth seats. I also think driving the SE is more fun because of its sport suspension, although it doesn't forgive the road imperfections as much as the standard suspension. I drove the LE and the SE back to back at one dealer.

I personally like the SE better. One interesting thing is that a few dealers in DFW gave me the quote for $21,900 + TTL taken or given $100-$150 for the LE. They don't seem to deviate far from that.
    Thanks --- That will all by really helpfull!! I really apprecieate it.
    It's difficult to say whether Toyota will introduce any cash incentives on the Camry this summer. It hasn't provided any on this model in a long time.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi k_logan. It's definitely not a scam. This was a promotion that was run by Toyota and Edmunds. If you don't cash the check, endorse it and send it over my way...I'll take it ;).

Car_man
    Host
  • lohralohra Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with waiting until the end of the year to purchase the year end model ('12 Camry)? I've heard that Black Friday and late December are good times to see lower prices since these new cars will then be depreciated a year. I can afford to wait.
  • ksan2ksan2 Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone, Happy 4th of July!

I just closed the deal today on a Camry SE V6... Here are the details

CAR:
    2012 Camry SE V6,
    +Premium JBL System (along with Display Audio and Navi)
    +Backup camera / Smart Key system
    +Leather/Ultrasuede
    +Passenger Side Power Seat
    +Moonroof
    +Light Tinting

$31,599 : MSRP
    -$4,627 : Negotiated price reductions (includes $500 rebate for 0% financing)
    ---------------------------------
    $26,972 : Final negotiated price (-$4,627)
    -$750 : Edmunds.com rebate (-$750)
    -$4,000 : Trade-in (2002 Toyota Camry LE with 124k miles)
    $22,222 : Final Net price (excluding TTL)

Dealership: Toyota of Fayetteville (Arkansas).
    I had to go in a second time to talk with someone about buying a car.. The first time ended badly and salesperson was poor and wasn't willing to really negotiate (mainly on the trade-in).. The second time I talked with the internet dealer & got a great price on the car.. Then he was much more flexible on the trade in & frankly a lot more realistic - we were happy and closed the deal on the SE V6...
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Wow! $4600+ off sticker plus $4K for your 10 year old 124K Camry! I'd say you did quite well!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• herkyhawki1herkyhawki1 Member Posts: 2
    No trade no special financing taken.

$28,855 less discount of $3,355 the only other fee was a $139 dealer fee. The rest was TTL. So the car was $25,500 plus the dealer fee of $139. No extras or add ons purchased. I ended up with Cosmic Gray with Black leather ,conv. pkg , Navi, sunroof spoiler etc. I found using MSRP is the easiest way to compare prices paid. I am doing the edmunds rebate as well so it will end up being $24,750. Thanks to everyone who posts and good luck.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A journalist would like to speak to someone who considered buying a plug-in hybrid, but ultimately decided against it. If you were recently in the market for a new car, considered buying a plug-in hybrid like the Nissan Leaf or the Chevy Volt, but decided to buy a conventional hybrid (e.g. Prius, Civic Hybrid, Malibu Hybrid, Camry Hybrid, etc.) or traditional power train, please send your daytime contact information including telephone number to pr@edmunds.com no later than Monday, July 9, 2012 at 10 a.m. Pacific/1 p.m. Eastern.
    Congrats!! I still can't find the Edmunds rebate. Did it show up for you in the form ofa pop-up?

Thanks!!
  • habhavsarhabhavsar Member Posts: 12
    I got a dealer quote for $24,125 Out of the Door for Gray or Black exterior. This is a base model w/o moon roof,etc which I dont need.
    Is this a good price? Thanks!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Sorry, but that offer expired on July 1.