Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ocbmwocbmw Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2012
    It is now Edmund/Nissan offer for Altima. The amount varies, I got both $500 and $250 off ad.
    edited July 2012
    Here in SoCal, It is easy to get 1K below invoice. Then add TTL.
  • bre_z_91bre_z_91 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Some great deals can be had by just doing your homework. After doing numbers crunching several days, was ready to do an "email blitz" to several dealers to get the best pricing but decided I would give my local dealer a shot first. I probably could've shaved a few more dollars from the final price BUT ---- I talked directly to the "Internet Sales Manager" over the phone and told him EXACTLY what I would pay for his car INCLUDING destination charge! All we did was add the doc fee + TTL. Walked in, test drove the car, sat down and signed the papers!

2012 Camry XLE
    2.5L I4
    Cloth interior
    Moonroof
    8-way power seat
    Fogs
    17" alloy wheels

$25,600 : MSRP
    -$3,300 : Negotiated price reductions
    ---------------------------------
    $22,300 : Final negotiated price
    + $760.00 dest chg
    + $399.00 doc fee
    -$4,000 : Trade-in
    $19,459 : Final price (excluding TTL)

Felt like I got a good price. As stated, probably could've saved a few more $$$$ but overall I was happy with the final deal.
  • mhclkmhclk Member Posts: 1
    is $22888 after the college grad rebate? Thanks
  • onplanetericonplaneteric Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a Camry XLE (4-cyl) over the 4th. It's fully loaded (leather, nav, etc.). Got it for $26,500.00. I was happy with the price and the process. Bypassed all the sales people and scheduled an appointment directly with the internet fleet manager who has the authority to make his own deals. Way better than dealing with the back and forth of the salespeople. Negotiations took about 30 minutes and it was incredibly low-stress.

We feel we received a terrific price and we absolutely love the new car :)
  • manchurianmanchurian Member Posts: 20
    Its a good deal. Does the price include sales tax, TT&L? what options were included - you mentioned leather (LA), navigation (EX), does it include convenience package (CQ)? What other dealer installed options such as mud guards, tinting etc? Please give some more specifics. Thanks
  • ksan2ksan2 Member Posts: 4
    Congrats!! Totally agree with you.. MSRP and %off MSRP seems to be the best way to judge the deal and to compare using Edmunds.com forums and Fitzmall.com.... By the way, Fitzmall.com was the main place where I got rock-bottom prices. I was able to use the numbers from that site to get to a realistic LOW price for the Camry
    Yes, I just googled "Edmunds special incentives" and clicked on Toyota... That's the way I found it.
  • deep09deep09 Member Posts: 4
    Hey All,

I bought the 2012 Toyota camry SE with all options with all weather carpets in 26000 and OTD price I paid 28000. I wanted to know how can I get the edmunds 750$ rebate and how much I paid extra on this deal ?

Thanks
  • hong5hong5 Member Posts: 1
    hi nthboston,

Can you share more information about your purchase at Ira Toyota of Tewksbury? I am in MA and looking for the same car.

Thanks.
    Need some more details.. was it the I4 or the V6?
  • 12sev6maggray12sev6maggray Member Posts: 1
    Started looking for a new vehicle on Memorial day. Signed and took delivery on June 31.

2012 Camry SE V6 - Magnetic Gray Metallic
    MSRP: $ 26640
    Sunroof: +$ 915
    Delivery, Processing and handling: +$ 840
    Carpet Mats w/Trunk Mat: +$ 349
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Total Sticker Price: $ 28744
    Negotiated Discount: -$ 3845
    Add 3% Sales Tax: +$ 747
    Dealer/Misc. Fees: +$ 646
    Edmunds/Toyota Rebate: - $ 750
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Total OTD Price: $ 25542

No connivence package (No auto dimming mirror or back up camera)
    No leather package
    Kept the standard touch screen and navi
    No JBL audio

Purchased in Raleigh, NC from a no pressure and respectful sales associate. I hope I got a deal!
  • menace24menace24 Member Posts: 3
    ?on toyotacashback, whats the serial number your supposed to use?
  • doughscenteddoughscented Member Posts: 10
    Aside from $500 buyer incentive to do 0% financing, what is the amt the DEALER is getting as an incentive if I finance???
    If you signed up for the offer, look for in in the email you got.
  • kfernandokfernando Member Posts: 7
    it depends on the sales tax. wats the sales tax? if the price before TTL is 22300 or below its really good....
  • coches1coches1 Member Posts: 104
    Is their anybody in the forum who has actually received
    the check for $750 from toyota/edmunds??

Please include any problems or helpful hints for myself
    and the others members.

thanks
    Want to buy the Camry LE in Southern California. Need your help
    in obtaining the dealer for the best purchase price.

The best comparison is the cash purchase price without tax and license.

The options added will be Driver side power seat and mats.

thank you and the host in advance
  • rhizzleboprhizzlebop Member Posts: 12
    I have agreed to a Hybrid camry XLE.
    32150+Tax,tag,title=32,600.
    MSRP was 35,477+700 doc fee.

I think this is a pretty solid deal, and they requested the exact car and colors I wanted and I'm waiting for it to arrive at their lot in the next couple weeks.

How does this compare to other deals received?
  • jimjamjimmyjimjamjimmy Member Posts: 7
    Hi all,

One of my friends just bought a Camry SE 2012 4 cylinder for 23700 including tax/TTL from a local dealership here in SoCal. I was wondering if he paid a good price for it because I am thinking about going to the same dealership to see if I can get the same deal if not even better than he did. Local tax rate is 8.75%, not sure what title and license is. My friend said Tax/TTL altogether is roughly 10% of purchase price when all is said and done.

The 2012 Camry SE he purchased came with a panel display for radio and hands free phone interface w/o GPS. He said the trim came standard with Alloy wheels, bluetooth, fog lights, keyless entry with security system. He negotiated with a fleet manager that threw in power seats, the floor & trunk mats, and compartment netting for the trunk.

I used the Edmunds true market value calculator and it said 22,398 is what it should cost for my area. Invoice price is 22,421. MSRP Price is 24,645. Not sure if that figure includes Tax/TTL though.

Any information/tips/advice or help will be much appreciated. Thanks
    edited July 2012
    I got LE (with power seat + mat/carpet) for $21.9K OTD in SoCal. The MSRP on the car was $24095 which doesn't include TTL but covers destination charges. TTL is a bit lower than 10% of the sale price.
    $750 Toyota/Edmund rebate brought the price down to $21.15K OTD. I think it is a decent deal. I could have down better (by $600) if willing to drive 100 miles, but decided not to do so.
    edited July 2012
    Hello OCBMW

This is the same car I want to purchase. It seems most LE models have power drivers seat and mats.

Its OK to share the dealer in SoCa. where you bought it. Also what dealer was $600 less that was 100 miles away.

The other cars that are interesting are Sonata, Optima, Altima. Did you
    look at these cars?

Thanks for your information. looking forward to your response.

thanks
    coches1
    ocbmw,

Has the Toyota/Edmunds $750 rebate offer expired yet. If not do you know when it will expire.
  • kfernandokfernando Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2012
    Hi,
    i recently bought SE in chicago for 24600 OTD(8.25 tax). I bought it with moon roof, power seats, mats and dealer installed remote start(without remote start i was quoted 24300)... The price is without any student/military rebate. i have sent the edmunds rebate and waiting for it.... if it goes thru then the price will come down to 23850...
    i would recommend to get online quotes from all the dealers and then try to negotiate with ur lowest quote.. in chicago most of the dealers were ready do beat any quote by 200$... gud luck...
    edited July 2012
    If you already signed up for it, you need to check your email to find out about it. Otherwise it's already expired.
  • habhavsarhabhavsar Member Posts: 12
    i think it is a great deal
    Anyone has any experience on prices paid in NJ? I am looking for 2012 Camry SE (no options) and wondering if anyone got a great deal recently on this model? Please share your experience and out of door prices paid.
    Hi OCBMW

We wanted to know if you could provide the info. about the dealer where you purchased your car and the other dealer 100 miles from here that has the camry LE for $600 less.

thanks
    check the previous posts, I already shared it with you.
    Good luck.
    Thanks ocbmw for all the info. Now I have a better Idea of what kind of price I can start and end up with.
    Hi kfernando,

Congrats, sound like you got a really sweet deal. I'll definitely try and see if I can do as well as you did over here in SoCal. I appreciate the info and advice very much. The info gives me a better idea of what to ask for at the price range I am looking at.

Thanks for all your help!
    Hi habhavsar,

I have been asking as many places and people as I can to get the best deal possible. It takes some elbow grease and a lot of research. . So I was trying to see if I can save as much as possible and get a good deal in the process.

Just gather as much information/advice as I can to compare prices from different locations and make a more informed decision.

Thanks for your reply
  • cpl2usacpl2usa Member Posts: 18
    I live in Princeton area and got a best deal in Longhorne, PA.

2012 Camry SE with following options.
    Power tilt/slide moonroof
    Display Audio with Navigation and Entune
    Convenience Package
    Leather Package
    Floor Mats

got it for $25000 (including doc fee) + tax and title
    also got 1.9% APR
  • rikinrikin Member Posts: 10
    Hey guys,
    I have been shopping around for a 2012 Camry LE since a couple of weeks but have not really found anyone offering it at the price i want to buy.
    Can you guys please reply me with the OTD price that you have paid.
    I am from MA, so if people from MA are encouraged to reply.

Thanks
    After searching for car buying websites this one seems
    different in many positive characteristics. The priority
    seems to be confidentiality for the buyer.

Anyone use it? carwoo.com

good luck
  • t_c1t_c1 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2012
    Just got the revised internet quote from one of the dealer in north ,CA

Camry XLE 4 cyl
    conv pkg
    leather pkg
    navigation entune

msrp 29655
    quoted price 26388(incl dest chrg) + ttl

Not confident if this is a good price..was thinking about 26000 + ttl...any opinions please?
  • manchurianmanchurian Member Posts: 20
    Please refer to my post # 9355. I bought a very similar configuration with windows tint, mud guards, side molding & bumper protector for $27,200 drive out. This includes $1000 grad rebate and $500 Toyota rebate. I think you are paying more. Push him more to reduce the price.
  • t_c1t_c1 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks manchurian. Appreciate your response. Infact i was looking at your post only earlier to get an idea about the price quoted to me and thought it is close to the price what you got..my price doesnt contain grad/toyota rebate. I am not eligible for that. Toyota rebate - i am not sure if it is still available.

your price 27200 + 1500 (rebate i don't have this) - 1900 (your tax) - approx 400 (your addons, guard, tint molding, bumper) = 26400 ( ~26388 price quoted to me)

Does this makes sense? please let me know if i messed up calculation anywhere.. but frankly, i am not sure what price should i target at this moment..may be 26000 + ttl??
  • saukessaukes Member Posts: 3
    If the doc fee is the dealer documentation fee, it is WAY to high. I never pay more than $100. This is all profit to the dealer and $700 is crazy. Most dealers will charge freight and setup or delivery fee. Going off the MSRP it look like you got a great deal.
  • eenglish99eenglish99 Member Posts: 28
    I also live in Mass and am shopping around for an XLE. My last car I used truecar.com. They will give you a price from 3 dealers in your general area. You may need to drive a bit to buy and get service from a local dealer. The price includes Delivery but not the Documentation fee. What's great is that this is the actual price with no dickering. My last car was below invoice.
    My best price for a 4 CYL XLE, cloth seats with no extras except mats and wheel locks was $23,438 including Destination but not doc fee or sales tax, which is below invoice.
    I would highly recommend this no hastle way to shop.
  • thevictorythevictory Member Posts: 2
    Wow, you got a great deal. What was the price they started with and was it a struggle to get this price of 25K ?
    Wow that's a great deal. What is the name of the dealer and who was the sales person? How much was their gap insurance if you financed? Thx
  • jbay07jbay07 Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted the following for a new Camry:

Retail value: $27,585

Moon roof, convenience package, driver power seat, floor mats, and navigation

after negotiations adjusted price $25,400 plus ttl

then I was offered their paint protection plan and tire and rim protection for $994

total otd price is 28,400

Is this a good price?
  • jbay07jbay07 Member Posts: 2
    Did you have a trade in?
    no. i don't have any trade in. I have paid $25000 + 7% NJ tax + title.
    Team toyota, Longhorne, PA. I did not take any gap insurance etc.
    edited July 2012
    I got internet quotes in June from different NJ dealers and couple of PA dealers close to Princeton. The best quote i got from internet is $25500 + doc fee. Because there is no cap on doc fee in NJ, dealers are asking $300 to $400 doc fee. I thought $400 doc fee is insane. In, PA max doc fee that dealers can charge is $125 (state law). I drove to couple of dealers in NJ and got best in-person quote of $25000+ $400 doc fee. Then, I went to this dealer in PA and told him that if he beats the price of $25000, i will buy the car. He agreed for $25000.
    edited July 2012
    Hi All,

Once again thanks to all the people who replied to my earlier post last week. I really appreciate all the help and advice. Just wanted to see how I did on my purchase running it by you guys/gals.

So after:

-exhaustive research
    -going to many dealerships in my area
    -calling a dozen dealership
    -going through internet sales
    -asking the advice of everyone I knew
    -asking the advice of the kind people on this forum,

I went through and made a purchase on what I think is a decent deal. I think I may have gotten a better deal than my friend, who referred me to the dealership he got his car at.

So I got a Camry SE this week 21,450 + TTL. They threw in power seats and the floor and trunk mats.

The car came standard with panel display infotainment system, Blue Tooth/AUX/USB, Alloy wheels, fog lights, key less entry w/ security system, quasi - stick shift drive. (Not sure if I missed anything that comes standard but if you look up the specs it states the above and anything I may have missed.)

I opted not to get the moon roof, navi, key less start up, because I was on a budget and those were options I could live without.

So did I get a good/decent deal on this purchase?
  • ezericsezerics Member Posts: 45
    Im considering a similar car.

Was this a V6 or a 4 cyl? Includes backup camera? How did u get the 1.9 apr and what was the term? was that a dealer or manufacturer financing incentive?

tks
  • ezericsezerics Member Posts: 45
    i hope this isnt an ignorant question, but why would you get gap insurance if you are financing?
    i thought gap insurance was only for leases for the reason that you are only leasing it and don't technically own it.
    Can somebody explain?
    tks