Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• racer100racer100 Member Posts: 8
    What would be a good price for a Camry LE with power driver's seat as the only option.

A dealer in NJ is providing this quote. How much below 21139 should I go ?
    Selling price : $21,139.00
    Destination charge : already included in price
    DMV fees : $299
    Doc: $299.00
    Tax : $1479.73 (NJ)
    Tire Fee: $7.50
    Total OTD price : $23,224.23

Options included :
    CF - Carpeted Floor Mats/Trunk Mat
    PD - 8-Way Power Adjustable Driver Seat

Thanks !
  • coches1coches1 Member Posts: 104
    Hello Racer

In California you could purchase a 2012 Camry LE for 19500$. The majority of the
    LE models have PD and CF included in the price. It is interesting because here in CA the price has actually increased a small amount. This could be a result of the popularity of the car.

The current offers end on Oct. 1, 2012. Certain marketing factors will happen about this time. the 2013 Honda Accord will be available and have more standard features than the LE. The new Altima will be out along with a few other comparable 2013 equivalent priced sedans.

Toyota should offer a CASH REBATE of 500$-1000$ to clear out the 2012 models. If you can wait a few days you could save a lot of dollars.

Also, call 50 dealers within the greater NY area and ask the FLEET/INTERNET MANAGER the best price for a LE. ALWAYS DEMAND HE/SHE GIVES YOU THE PRICE BEFORE YOU DO!!!!!! Only negotiate CASH PRICE and other fees separate.

Good Luck and please share your story with the forum.

coches1
    Thanks coches for your perspective. Prices will get better around week after thanksgiving i guess but I'm looking to close at month end.
    19500 is probably very optimistic but I'll try.
    thanks
  • j06j06 Member Posts: 90
    Is it 2013 ? if yes $3,000 off Sticker price + TTL+ Doc fee is a good deal. For 2012 model try for $4,000 off sticker price + TTL+ Doc.

I pay NY tax (8.875%) and get 3K off MSRP all the time.
    Hello j06

Always ready to improve my car buying skills. What is the advantage of negotiating down from the MSRP? Isn't it easier and better to obtain the cash price for the vehicle without fees?

Also, I did not realize the 2013 Camry is available. What are the major changes?

thanks

coches1
    j06

Its a 2012. In my area 2013s are not in dealerships yet. I was thinking of somewhere in the region of 20100 or 20200 which would be 3800 under sticker and 800 below the lowest offer I've received so far.
  • zonecarzonecar Member Posts: 17
    As of today, 9/30. I went through three dealer and the lowest I can get for a 2012 Camry SE base is 23000 OTD, some dealers even as me to leave since it is too far from what they can give. It's almost year end and the price is still a bit far from my target price at 22500..
    Should I wait till October to see if there is any Toyota incentives?
    Hello Zonecar

The current toyota offers expire on 10/1/12. I think the new offers for a 2012 Camry will include a cash rebate of 500$-1000? You have to wait until Oct 1 to
    review the offers.

At 23k the cash price is about 21k. I believe you can obtain a lower price. Call
    Orange toyota and speak with any FLEET/INTERNET MANAGER. They usually
    are direct with their prices. Also, review the PRINT ADS from MAITA, ELK GROVE,
    FOLSOM, AND ROSEVILLLE TOYOTA. These dealers are from northern CA and have GREAT PRICES.

Why not call 50 dealers and say your price. The toyota website makes it super easy.

It seems the prices have risen in the last 60 days but the new Accord, Altima,
    and Sonata should make for a more competitive market.

Let me know if you find a LE for 19K

coches1

The cash price gives you a negotiating tool because taxes differ from each city and county.
  • camrytcamryt Member Posts: 1
    camry xle with convenience package, navigation package and leather quoting $28000 OTD. Is this a good price?
  • itsmesriitsmesri Member Posts: 9
    last Saturday I purchased new 2012 Camry SE for $24,100 OTD with 0 down and 0% APR for 60 months.

$24,000 - Trade-in Old Nissan Maxima = $23,320 OTD with 0 down and 0% APR for 60 months.
    congratualtions itsmesri

What city and state do you live in?

what dealer?

thanks

coches1
  • itsmesriitsmesri Member Posts: 9
    Dallas, Toyota of Dallas
  • samueltv75samueltv75 Member Posts: 1
    I got a similar price at Performance Toyota in Memphis

22,600 plus TTL on 2012 Toyota SE with sunroof. Dont have paperwork in front of me but I think it came out around 24,100 as well.

In addition I qualify for college grad rebate of 1000 and got 0.9 financing for 60 months.
  • andrew81andrew81 Member Posts: 2
    2012 XLE Hybrid with leather pkg (with 6.1 inch navi) - 32,000 OTD in CA.
  • mistervemisterve Member Posts: 22
    Haven't seen any new Toyota rebates for October yet.
    Could they show up soon or are they normally released at the beginning of a month?
    I will wait til November if necessary for best price as long as selection is still good.
    Any thoughts?
  • snowlionsnowlion Member Posts: 9
    I am looking for 2012 Camry XLE (Nav, backup camera must) no leather seats, what is the best price I should look forward to pay. I have in the Bay Area, CA.
    It surprised me Toyota didnt offer rebates for the camry in Oct. The company
    is having a great year and does not have to offer rebates. However, the
    accord and altima have been newly designed and offer more standard features.

Look for a rebate soon. I am looking for a LE.

thanks

cpches1
    The best prices in the bay area are near sacramento.

roseville toy. elk grove(look for their ad in the sac bee), and maita toyota.

good luck

coches1
  • drjjjjdrjjjj Member Posts: 25
    0.9% is the rebate and selection is getting thin where I'm at! 22K plus tax and license only (no trade/cash/finance) for a 2012 SE 2.5 with pwr seat is a great deal and you'll be cheatin your dealer to ask for less! No I'm not a dealer, bought an SE for this (didn't have to negotitate-local ad) and think it's a steal!!Most dealers 1000 higher! Picky Engineer that won't touch direct injection or a CVT until it'proven long term reliable-which I doubt!! Well done toyota production systems-magnificent auto!
    Dr. J

0.9% is not a rebate!! What city and dealer did you buy the camrySE?

thanks

coches1
    Looking for 2012 Camry LE - mats but no power driver seat.
    Best price locally (Northern California - East Bay) is just under $21,000 plus tax & lic...before college grad rebate. Was hoping for more rebates in October.

Best price I've been quoted in California is just under $20,000 in So Cal at Toyota Orange (LE with no power seats). The problem is the location is a long drive from No Cal.

Any thoughts on waiting for better deal? I am not in a rush but want decent selection.
    I have seen on this forum that 19,500 for LE (possibly even with power seats) was possible in CA... is that confirmed?
    Hi Mr. ve

We are both searching for the 2012 Camry LE. I am confident the knowledge we
    share is going to help us obtain the best price.

Elk grove Toyota has an ad in the Sacramento Bee for 19,500$ without power seats.

The reason their are no rebates is because business is strong for toyota. September sales were way up. Its possible toyota will have something mid month.

Look at the LA times Orange County car classified. They have 2 sections. Orange Toyota has a LE listed for 23,625 without PD for 19,500$ and the other with PD for 24,025$ for 19,995$.

I believe Robert is the fleet/internet sales manager at Orange. He is the only sales person to provide the ad price as soon as you ask. 20k for an LE is a good price. It is a waiting game for the TOY. rebate. 500-750 less will be even better.

keep in touch

coches1
    Mr V

Talked to Robert from Orange Toyota. He has LE models with power for 19,995$.
    Talk is cheap in this business, but I believe he delivers what he promises. Nothing is for sure but have a good feeling about the deal.

I could regret it but I am waiting for a rebate from edmonds or toyota.

good luck

coches1
    Another update.

One dealer in Socal is offering 12 camry SE for 22800 OTD, did a quick calculation the selling price is 20884 (260 DMV fees + 80 dealer document fees + 7.75% sales tax in orange county), is this a good deal to pull the trigger?
    2013 Altima and 2013 Accord are out with better specs and Toyota is still not offering any rebates to clear the 2012 camry models. I would have jump to 2013 Accord but prices are too high compare to 2012 Camry. Or should I wait to see the 2013 Camry? (Believe it will just be carry over)
    I just got a quote of 20.998 for the 2012 Camry SE with floor mats. Plus tax, lic and 80 doc fee. This is in No Cal - Bay Area.
    Seriously thinking about that offer but don't want to miss any new Toyota rebates in November...if they have them.
    Hi zonecar

What dealer in So ca?

20900 seems like a good price for a 12 SE. Toyota is having a great year and does not need to offer rebates. However, the new accord could change this because of the added standard features of the 2013 Accord.

The new rebates will be here in November, perhaps waiting three weeks will save us an additional 500-1000$.

Robert in Fleet @ Toyota of Orange offered a LE for 20k. Call and find out the price for a SE.

let me know

coches1
  • xtremerazorxtremerazor Member Posts: 4
    zonecar,

What dealer was the one that offered 22800 OTD for camry SE? I am also looking to buy a Toyota Camry SE 2012. I was searching in several dealer In the Los Angeles County area and the cheapest I found was 21200 and OTD would be 23,300. Friends of mine are recommending to wait for end of the year specials,and some say I could get the same model for 2100 OTD if I wait until December. What would you recommend? I think we can get a good price on the Camry when the 2013 come in.
    edited October 2012
    It is Tustin Toyota.

#xtemerazor
    One thing you should put into consider is that the price for end year sale will definitely be better but don't know about the inventory. There is a chance that very limited color choice left at that time.

I am having 2nd thought of the 2013 Honda Accord Sport, MSRP at 24980 compare to 24680 for the Camry SE, hoping to see if I could get around 3000~3500 off MSRP in a few month since I am not familiar for the Accord pricings. I understand that the Accord will always be a bit expensive compare to the Camry, but I can justify 1K~1.3K difference for the extra standard features like push start, right side view camera, rear view camera, better engine and MPG. Very hard choice now..
    Good day Zonecar

Well, someone has been completing their homework. This sounds like a good price. 2012 for about 21k purchase price, I think that is right. You might want to make one last phone call to the fleet manager at Toyota of Orange and give him the exact details. It could mean an extra 100-200$. This dealer seems to be all about volume and lowest price.

You are right about the 2013 Accord. It has many more standard features than the
    LE. The most notable is the standard ALLOY WHEELS. Another huge advantage with the SE is the upgraded seats and foam.

good luck and please share the final price and any interesting details with the forum.

coches1
    edited October 2012
    Hello coches1,

Did some research and decide to list here for reference

Advantage for 2012 Camry SE base (MSRP24680): 6 speakers (4 on accord), extra airbag on leg area, better Sport fabric SofTex seats

Advantage for 2013 Accord Sport (MSRP24980): Rearview camera, DUAL ZONE AC control (standard on all accord), 10 way power driver seats, dual exhaust pipe design, better engine hp and MPG.

I am on the fence now, so guess I would wait for a couple month and see if the Accord price would drop. A car is for to keep 5~6 years so the decision is important.
    Great research ZONECAR

Let me share a few thoughts regarding my preference for the LE vs. SE. The principal reason for the SE is the relative small increase of about 700$. Included in the upgrade is, alloy wheels, sport seats, 17" tires, upgraded suspension,fog lamps, paddle shifters, heated side mirrors, and a few other exterior features.

Bigger size tires (17") cost more to replace, alloy wheels are great but LE wheels do the job. The sport seats are a great plus, but fabric does not retain as much heat and cold.

When do you really need to use paddle shifters? Sport suspension is great if you live in open road country. It also is a rougher ride. Are fog lamps really going to make a difference on So. Ca freeways. Heated side mirrors- something that will
    not work after 36k miles.

I keep cars for 10 years and do more homework when the time arrives to buy. We should share info ld752 and i am at yahoo. Please share your thoughts and prove me wrong.

Toyota is having a monster year but the Accord, Malibu, Altima will make things interesting as we head for home in 2012.

Great sharing information and may the best person help the other in our
    drive (n.p.i) for the lowest price in the So. Ca. toyota market.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    You said, "Heated side mirrors- something that will
    not work after 36k miles."

Not true. Do research on toyotanation.com, no problems.
    The heated side mirrors are a potential expense if they are not working after the
    warranty expires. Something to think about when comparing the LE and SE.

Which site do you think is more helpful, edmunds or toyotanation.

Edmunds seems better organized.

thanks
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    True, but I sure don't see many (if any) reports of heated mirrors not working, even long after the warranty is up. And if they don't - so what. They still function like the old mirrors without the heat.

Edmunds has its good points, but tn is more in-depth on Toyota, more knowledgeable people, so for me is much better. Also, Edmunds has so many Toyota haters that seem to live their lives mostly to bash Toyota and that gets old. I feel sorry for them, in a way, but I hate hanging around negativity

Back to topic, heated mirrors are not at all necessary for me, as they only push the price of the car up, but it is getting harder and harder to get a basic car without all the frills. You can't get a base 6 speed manual Camry anymore, only an automatic loaded with a lot of $$ stuff that I don't need.
    But that's the direction all cars are going.
    Still looking at 2012 LE (or possibly base SE). Not sure if want to pay for power driver seat...
    Question about rebates - my son qualifies for the 1K college rebate which requires financing.
    Does the 0 or 0.9% financing offer then exclude use of any other rebate? Basically if there is a $500 rebate offer later this year then can it be used in addition to the special finance rate with the college rebate?
    I don't recall how it worked in the past.
    Any insight appreciated.
    Purchased a Cypress Pearl 2012 LE on 9/29 for 20700. Got 0 % financing for 36 months. (Of course TTL and doc fees extra but I don't believe in comparing OTD prices because they vary state to state).

First time a dealership actually let me walk after negotiations. They wouldnt offer a cent below 21000. Went to another with 20500, they too were willing to let me walk. 20,700 - take it or leave it.

Very satisfied with the car. Didnt want or need the frills of an XLE and wife (this is her car) does not like the firmer ride of an SE

Toyota is having a good year I guess.
    Forgot to mention - the only added options are a power driver's seat and some kind of "appearance package" that the car came with - door edge guards etc that pushed the sticker MSRP to 24665.
    Good day Racer,

100% AGREEMENT REGARDING OTD PRICING!!!!!

It is difficult to obtain the true price of the car. When using cash price we all
    can compare their price with ours. The other part of the deal is buying the car with their 0% financing

We had the same experience in So. CA. where the manager let us walk. The interesting part of the story is that we found another dealer 1000$ less.

You are right about the ride in the SE. A much firmer ride and you can feel every bump in the road.

Your right. Toyota is having a great year and does not need to offer much.

I challenge you to find better car value than 20k for your LE.

Let me know if you see the rebate from toyota or Edmunds.

thanks

coches1
    Mr. VE

Most LE models have the power seat and mats included in the MSRP.

Go to the official Toyota website. I do not think you combine the college rebate
    with others.

However, i think the Edmund rebate can be combined with others.
  • deepo11deepo11 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know what a good price for the 2012 Camry SE Limted Edition is? I'm talking before taxes, tags etc, no incentives included. Strictly the price of the car.
  • vkmavkma Member Posts: 16
    As mentioned about a month ago..I got Camry LE in MA for 19.6K + Tax etc. with the power seat - FYI
  • xtremerazorxtremerazor Member Posts: 4
    What color would look best for the 2012 camry SE? Also, between the toyota camry 2012 SE and Honda accord 2012 SE,which one would you prefer and why? Im still holding my purchase until the last 2 weeks of december to get the best deal possible.
  • voicemailkingvoicemailking Member Posts: 83
    edited October 2012
    Black looks great on the SE
  • rhungrhung Member Posts: 5
    Hi coches1,

Could you share a link/img to the LA times Orange County car classified? I'm looking into purchasing a LE as well.

Also, does anyone know if incentives stack? For example, the $1000 college grad discount and the 0% financing?

Thanks.
  • seolbroseolbro Member Posts: 19
    The SE does look good in black, but you have to keep it clean. It's true that every car looks best when clean, but black is binary: it looks great or it looks filthy.

White is excellent at hiding dirt, but white is not for everyone. If you get the SE in white have the windows tinted for contrast.

Red looks good if you don't mind the attention. Silver is safe and timeless. Gray is good if you want be be stealthy.
    Go to LA Times car dealers classified section. Click on the OC dealers. You will see it.

good luck
    edited October 2012
    It's not there - I see an ad from Power Toyota. Does anybody have a saved screenshot? Is the 19500 price on the LE after college grad incentive?

Thanks for your help coches1. Appreciate it.
    Vouch for Robert Householder @ Toyota of Orange. Made an appointment and in and out with a new Camry within 2 hours. No negotiation whatsoever. He honored the ad price of $19995 for LE w/ power seats. Additional $1000 college grad discount made the OTD price just under 21K.
    Congratulations rhung!!!!!

What a great success story. This is a great value for a 2012 LE. When I called
    he gave me the same price of 20K. The great news is the price on the phone is the amount you pay when you are at the dealership.

Many forum members have complained about other dealers promising one amount and changing it when you are physically at the dealership. Another interesting characteristic is Longo-the biggest Toyota Dealer is not even close to 20K for a LE.

It is refreshing to hear about the fleet manager Robert at Orange Toyota delivering what he promises.

I am waiting for the Rebate from Toyota or Edmunds. Lets see what happens.

Whats your first name rhung. When I buy my LE we can tell him the edmunds forum helped direct a sale to his dealership.

Good Work

coches1
    Richard is my name ;)

Please let him know I said hi. He's a really nice guy. I left a positive yelp review for him as well.

Thank you coches; I'm glad I saw your posts here. Otherwise, I would have probably bit at a price that was $500-$1000 more.

I emailed 20-25 so cal dealers and not one was willing to beat a price of $20,500 + TTL for a LE. And Mr. Householder kept is deal at $19995. Amazing. I think I took the last silver on the lot though, with power seats.

Good luck with the wait! Loving the car ;)