Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mistervemisterve Member Posts: 22
    Regarding car colors...I was told that light colors such as silver or white had the best resell value.
    Don't know about the SE Limited Edition but recently bought the SE base (no power seats, etc). Power seats would have been nice but not a must have. Did not want Navigation, Sunroof, etc.
    The upgrades from the LE are nice. Interior has nicer look than LE and I like some of the other extras of the SE. Fog lights are not just for fog...can come in handy when driving in mountains, etc.
    Bought in No. California (Bay Area) for 20,998 plus tax, lic, and doc fee.
    The So Cal deals looked better but location was not practical.
    Also got the 0.9% financing. Bought at Vallejo Toyota after telling them what prices I had found elsewhere.
  • jessiezjjessiezj Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am planning to buy a Camry LE. I am in IL, the dealer tell me the price to be $21200 with mat and power seat. It seems it is much more expensive than yours. I am not sure how much should I bargain. If I say $20500, will I be kicked out the dealer shop?
    I had legit local offer (CA) of 20,988 for Camry LE with power seats and mat so you should be able to negotiate downward a bit. Saw even better offers outside of local area.
    Also you should see if there are any special Toyota rebate offers in November...
  • coches1coches1 Member Posts: 104
    The lowest price for a 2012 LE with mats and power drivers seat is 20,000$ plus fees at Toyota of Orange (Orange CA) . Ask for the Fleet manager Robert H. It seems the price on the phone is the price when you are there.

Rebates? The problem is Toyota is experiencing the best sales in recent times. They don't have to offer rebates. However the 2013 Altima, and Accord could change that.

good luck
  • celest128celest128 Member Posts: 1
    Just to add to Richard's testimony:

I didn't know about Robert Household from Orange Toyota until I read this forum few days ago.

I just bought my 2012 Camry LE in Classic Silver today and Mr. Robert Household was amazing! Before reading this post, I called around 2-3 Toyota dealers here in San Diego and none of them came close to $20,200 (excluding tax + other feels) for an LE with power seats and mats. Most of them tried to close me at $21,413 and then the internet sales manager at El Cajon Toyota tried to offer me $20,900.

I gave Robert a call, told him I want a LE for around $20,500. He tried hard to qualify me for the college rebate program (an extra $1000 off), but I was 2 months over and was disqualified. However, he was really kind and told me immediately that he'll sell me a Camry for $20,200 to help ease a bit. No negotiation needed whatsoever! He automatically applied the 0.9% interest rate for a 60 months finance which made my total cost on interest less than $600 with 0 money down~~~~ how awesome is that!

I thought, heck, a drive from San Diego to Orange County cost less than 700 bucks, it's totally worth the drive! This morning, I drove up, Robert maintained the deal in person, within 2 hours of paper work, I drove my Camry back to San Diego! :D

Robert is a wonderful gentleman and is extremely kind and through. It was a pleasure doing business with him and I would buy another Toyota from him in the future.

A tip to San Diego Toyota buyers, I would strike a bargain directly with the internet sales managers from any of the dealers. The retail sales manager usually are less willing to cute prices far below their invoice price. Personally, I had a bad experience with the retail sales manager "David" from Toyota of El Cajon. (there's 2 dave, he's the Caucasian one if someone asks :) ) I know that I can get a deal for a LE around $20,500 and I told him what I want a LE for $22,000 tax included, he gave me a final deal for $21,413. When I asked him if this quote is valid for 24 hours, he walked off and said "I'm off tomorrow". While I waited outside to see if he'll come out, he never did. So rude!

2 days later, he gave me a call to follow up with me but didn't even remember me. Even if he gave me a better deal, I wouldn't do business with him. A customer's buying experience is extremely important, who would want to buy a car from a person they felt disrespect from!

What I had to haggle with Dave for 2 hours, I took care of it with Robert in 5 minutes. San Diegans, do visit Robert in Orange County! A negotiation free purchase is such a pleasure! Wish everything in life was that easy. lol.

Happy shopping, everyone!
  • rhungrhung Member Posts: 5
    Congratulations celest128!

Just wanted to drop a message as I made a drive up from San Diego as well. Living near the Chula Vista area, but made a stop by Toyota of Carlsbad before I met Robert Householder... they weren't willing to go a penny below 20,500.
    Congratulations Richard and Celest

I am the person who originally posted the message in the forum about Robert
    at Toyota of Orange. After calling many Toyota dealers he was the only
    salesperson who stated the price immediately. We all know the frustration
    of dealing with car dealers so it was refreshing to talk with a car salesperson
    who delivers what they say......so far.

It is interesting that I was the one who posted the message and still haven't
    purchased the 2012 LE Camry. You would think that Longo, the largest dealership in the world would offer lower prices than Toyota of Orange, but
    they are much higher.

Lets hope Robert continues this strategy of sales and that more prospective
    Camry shoppers will patronize this dealer.

Coches1
    the world
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you are in the process of car shopping, using online forums and tools and plan to visit a dealer soon, a reporter would like to hear from you. Please email PR@edmunds.com by Tuesday, November 13, 2012 and provide a few lines about your experience so far.
  • ladymeeshladymeesh Member Posts: 1
    I just got the Camry SE with power seats for $20,990 and 0% APR for 60 mos at Toyota of Orange.
    Congrats on the SE with power seats.
    Your price was what I paid for the Camry SE without the power seats, but So Cal was not realistic location for me.
    0% is also a great perk from Toyota.
  • chromehoundschromehounds Member Posts: 5
    Camry SE with Nav, Mats and Power driver seat = $23,000 + tax & license. Does that sound right? This is a bay area dealer in California. Should I pull the trigger? It's a 0% 60months finance. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    you mind telling which dealer in Nothern CA? I'm in the Bay Area and looking for the same car and options. So far they're quoting me $23k plus tax and fees.
    I bought the Camry SE with Mats. No Nav and no power driver seats.
    Paid just under 21K plus tax/lic/doc fee. Got 0.9% 60 months in October. Toyota has dropped it to 0% since then.
    Your price is 2K more than what I paid.
    The question is whether the Nav plus Power seats should cost you that 2K extra.
    I don't think they run that much.
    I bought my car at Vallejo Toyota thru Jason Sangmaster who has great reviews online and was honest with no surprises. I told him what offers I had found and asked him what he could offer. He offered the best price that I could find in the Bay Area. See if he can beat your current offer.
    I think the $23k quote is a bit high. I got a guarantee certificate online through truecar from Capitol Toyota for $22,600 with the options below. I assume then this new quote should be my base price for negotiation. I wonder if it's possible to get down to $22k.

STANDARD PAINT (-PAINT)
    CLASSIC SILVER METALLIC (1F7)
    50 STATE ULEV2 EMISSIONS (FE)
    BLACK/ASH, FABRIC SEAT TRIM (FF15)
    8-WAY PWR DRIVER SEAT (PD)
    NAVIGATION DISPLAY AM/FM STEREO W/CD PLAYER/MP3/WMA CAPABILITY (EX)
    CONVENIENCE PKG (CQ)
    For the Camry SE with Nav and power seats you might be able to negotiate downward toward 22K.
    I would figure out "dealer cost" for NAV and Power seats and add that to whatever the lowest price is in this blog for the Camry SE base.
    FYI - I paid 21K for the 'base" SE model
    What you would need is to get some other quotes such as the So Cal Toyota dealer mentioned in this blog , etc to offer as leverage locally in the Bay Area.
    As stated earlier I would recommend Jason at Vallejo Toyota once you have your price "homework" done.
  • bendakayabendakaya Member Posts: 7
    What you bought is exactly what I'm looking for Camry SE with power seats. The least quote I got through email is $21,344 along with trunk/carpet mat set. Another dealer is ready to beat that price by $200. So my least price now is $21,144. Any advice on how to get a still lower price? How did you get 0% APR for 60 months? I only see 0% for 36 months.
    Today I was looking at some Toyota Dealerships online and saw a factory rebate of $1000 or 0%/60 months finance offer posted.
    Must be new for November.
    FYI - In October I paid 20,988 for a base Camry SE (no power seats) so your deal looks fairly good... I know prices keep falling toward the end of the year. The issue is inventory - color and options available with the SE.
    Actually I was mis-quoted by the dealer it was intentionally or not whatever. But a 2012 SE with PD, EX, CQ package is around $24,400 + tax & DMV. Since I'm going the 0%APR cannot take the $1000 cash back. Paying all cash would be $23,400. That's the best so far locally for the SE with CQ package.
    I then got an email from a local dealer that he is willing to sell me a 2012 SE with power driver seat and Nav. for $22,000 + tax & DMV. I'm waiting for his email confirmation with the VIN, will see if he has the car or not.
    edited November 2012
    Hello Misterve (mr.)

RE:Jason S. @ Vallejo Toyota

Hello Everyone

I talked to Jason S. at Vallejo Toyota and obtained a price $2,000.00 MORE THAN
    OTHER DEALERS IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!!!!

He wants $21,500.00 for a 2012 Camry LE with drivers power seat and mats.
    This is the price before the $1,000 rebate. Net price of $20,500 plus fees.

Jon T. is the fleet manager of Elk Grove Toyota and offered the LE with PD and mats for
    $20,439 less the $1,000 rebate for a net price of $19,439 plus fees. He also is very informative
    about the car buying process.

The winner of the lowest price still seems to be from The fleet and internet staff at Toyota of Orange led be Robert H. A 2012 Camry LE is 20k plus fees. It seems probable the 1k camry
    will be in So. Ca. very soon.

As for Jason S. and Vallejo Toyota it seems they need to follow the No. Ca. Toy. Dealers advertising phrase:
    DO THE MATH!!!!!

Thank you members for sharing your car buying experiences.

coches1
  • ammarinvammarinv Member Posts: 7
    I definitely agree Robert gives the best price. I just picked up a Camry SE with power seats, floor mats for 20,995. I qualified for the grad rebate and 0%.

However, the salesman, Frank, tried to tell me that they would not be able to give me 0% for the advertised car even though my credit score was 817. Frank tried to get me to sign the contract for 4% -- [non-permissible content removed]! I said, hell no! I"m walking and going to wait for Robert to come back. After I called his bluff, he finally gave me the 0% and $1,000 for college grad. So far so good, however, I suckered into buying their piece of [non-permissible content removed] alarm (after I came home and did some research) for $399. Is there anyway for me to get that money back?

Trying to tell myself that at least it is lifetime. Any advice? What should I do? Thanks everyone!
    I definitely agree Robert gives the best price. I just picked up a Camry SE with power seats, floor mats for 20,995. I qualified for the grad rebate and 0%.

However, the salesman, Frank, tried to tell me that they would not be able to give me 0% for the advertised car even though my credit score was awesome!. Frank tried to get me to sign the contract for 4% -- [non-permissible content removed]! I said, hell no! I"m walking and going to wait for Robert to come back. After I called his bluff, he finally gave me the 0% and $1,000 for college grad. So far so good, however, I suckered into buying their piece of [non-permissible content removed] alarm (after I came home and did some research) for $399. Is there anyway for me to get that money back?

Aside for Robert, everyone else is horrible!

Trying to tell myself that at least it is lifetime. Any advice? What should I do? Thanks everyone!

Caution, Do not buy anything while signing papers. I lesson learned for the rest of my life.
    RE: Jason and Vallejo Toyota...Sorry to hear that it didn't work out better. I may have gotten lucky but I had gotten quotes for both LE and SE models that were less than you had been quoted. I agree that I would take my business elsewhere too.
    The Orange Toyota does sound great if you live in So Cal. I had checked the SACRA dealers but some online reviews, etc made me think twice so I went more local.
    Hi Mr. ve

Don't be sorry about Jason @ Vallejo Toyota. The forum is about sharing all
    the experiences of buying the car. Talk is cheap, especially phone quotes
    from car salespersons.

You stated you found quotes lower than what I found. Please share the lowest
    price for a 2012 Camry LE with power driver seat and floor mats. It is best if you
    provide the purchase price without rebate and fees to compare. Also, let us know
    the dealers where you obtained the price.

What website are you reading negative reviews about Sacramento Toyota Dealers? I am not a big fan of yelp if that is the website you are using.

What local dealers are you referring to?

Thanks for sharing your car buying experience.

coches1
    coches1,
    The "lower quotes" was referencing your quote from Vallejo, not Orange or Elk Grove quotes.
    For the Silver Camry SE (Mats only) I paid $20,988 BEFORE rebates and tax/lic/doc fee. FYI - Most SE models out there had PD or NAV included, which I didn't want. Plus the Silver color was important.
    The Camry LE with PD and Mats offer was also $20,988 at Vallejo which was not that special of a price...
    I had contacted Toyota dealerships for Dublin, Walnut Creek, Fremont, Hayward, Vallejo, 3 from SACRA area (Elk Grove, Maita & another) and Orange. Orange had best quotes but location eliminated it. Elk Grove quoted an Ad Car which I am leery of (plus I had a bad feeling about Linda D. who I was dealing with there).
    Anyway, good luck in your quest for the best car and price.
    Signed the papers yesterday for Camry SE + Power drive + Mats for $21,144 and 0% apr for 60 months. Tried my best but could not get the price any lower than what i paid. Btw.. my deal was at Elgin,IL.
    bednakaya,
    I would have taken that deal too for the SE with PD and Mats.
    For only about $150 more than I paid you got the Power Driver seats.
  • realtekrealtek Member Posts: 1
    I received an offer from a SoCal dealer for a Camry SE I4 with navi, power seat, and carpet mat set for $21,810. Wondering if this is a good deal or if I could get it better by calling Robert from Orange.
    edited November 2012
    Congratulations!!!!!! bendakaya

Its seems 21K for a 2012 SE with PD and mats is a good deal anywhere in the US and 20K with PD and mats is good for a 2012 LE.

$21,144 is the cash price without fees, right?

You could have obtained a local rebate but i am not familiar with Illinois
    Toyota promotions. Northern Ca. has one for 1k and So ca. should have one
    in December.
    Hello realtek

Ask yourself if you need to pay Toyota's inflated price for a Navigation system
    when a app for your cell phone cost hundreds less. Another solution is to buy one
    for under 100$ and keep it in the trunk.

That being said, of course you should call Robert H. at Toyota of Orange. Remember
    to always request a price from the seller first instead of you providing him a price to match. Not sure about the price for the SE. Orange should sell a LE for 20K.

good luck and please share the results with the forum.

coches1
  • leoluleolu Member Posts: 4
    Congrats!
    One question here, any college grad or military rebate used to get $21,144?
    I could not get a price close to this. Even with 1000 college rebate, the best I can get is 21,6xx. btw I'm in NY.
    yes..$21,144 is the cash price without fees. Even I wanted $21k but none of the dealers were reducing it below $21,450 except the one I purchased from.
    I didn't know that Toyota runs local rebates but I'm sure we don't have any right now in Illinois. The only rebates available now are $1000 graduate rebate and $500 military rebate and none of them applies to me.
    $21,144 was without any rebates and it was for Camry 2012 SE + power drive + mats. I'm not eligible for any of the current rebates.
    The price you were quoted is very high if it is for the same car(and features) as mine.
    The rebates are directly from Toyota. So your dealer quote (without any rebates ) should be at least less than $21,500.
    I made the bargaining only through emails. I emailed 7-8 dealers about the car I wanted and only 1 dealer was willing to work out the deal. I went to the dealership only after they agreed to $21,144 in the email. If you are not in any hurry email 2 or 3 good dealers in your area and wait for the right price.
  • leoluleolu Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info.
    Your deal surprised me. Then I got curious and looked up the same model as yours on truecar, just changing the locations made a 1k difference. In chicago, IL, it is 216XX; In NY, it is 227XX. Maybe I should look for a better place to live.
  • xhmxhm Member Posts: 1
    Congrats Bendakaya. Can I ask is $21,144 OTD price or has to be plus plus and plus? Thanks!
  • girlneedscargirlneedscar Member Posts: 2
    Hi.. I was given a quote of 25,777 for Toyota Camry XLE. It is a OTD price. I was given a quote of 23,526 for SE LMT trim. Should I go for it? please give your opinions
    $21,144 is invoice price. OTD price was $23,249
  • girlneedscargirlneedscar Member Posts: 2
    Hi.. I am unable to edit my previous post.. I put in the wrong numbers. For XLE the OTD is 29,277. The base price is 27,420. For SE the quote for OTD is 28,796 with base price at 25,296. I feel it is pricy and not a good deal. Please give your opinion...
  • richbf2richbf2 Member Posts: 73
    Hi all! after a long wait, I finally made a move today after Thanksgiving sale. Here is the breakdown:
    CAMRY LE w/ pow. seat and moonroof
    MSRP 24,750.00
    +TT&L and processing.
    OTD 21,500
    Wife wanted 21k even out the door but they won't do it. I thought this was a good deal.
    Toyota dealers have so many remaining 2012s. Hopefully, you guys could do even better. Share your experience. :)
  • skipjack111skipjack111 Member Posts: 3
    richbf2, where did you get the deal? I am in DC the price is $1000 more
    May anyone recommend a good dealer in DC area? Thanks.
  • teatime0315teatime0315 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone purchase a camry se v6 around the LA area (626 specifically)? How much should I be looking at? A lot of them are saying 29k, but I was hoping to get one for around 25. Does that sound reasonable?
  • pharm_studpharm_stud Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Hi all,
    I just purchased my 2012 Camry SE (power seat + mats) with Out-The-Door price of $22,500 even (Nov-23-12).....invoice before tax and everything is $21,355.....I got a student rebate of $1000.....SOOOOOOOOO, my ACTUAL Out-The-Door price is $21,500 with 0%APR............and the car is only driven with 2 miles on it.....Hope this help!!
    Thanks for your info
  • thundershaftthundershaft Member Posts: 5
    SoCAL Tustin - Camry SE - i4 - Power + Mats for OTD 22500..
    Did you purchase their Rockledge alarm?
    what color did you get?
    Black on Black.. no hassle.
    No I didn't
  • stkdriverstkdriver Member Posts: 1
    I'm in NE Ohio. Currently there is a $500 cash back deal going on along with a 0apr/36m offer. I sent out a round of emails and the best offer was $22,486+ttl with the basic setup. After I arrived in another dealership with a similar offer (they had my preferred color), the transaction went fast and straight-forward. I actually spent most of the time negotiating on my trade-in's price, and was able to walk out with a new car in 2 hours. Hope the info could help the folks in my area.