Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• danielrajdanielraj Member Posts: 9
    Being at the end of the month and the year, Do customers get a better deal by default? Are dealers in panic to sell something quick, it being the 31st?

Any other advice for those going to shop on 31st? Any specific tactics that will be helpful on the customer's side?

thanks
    Dan.
  • busunclebusuncle Member Posts: 18
    XLE with Leather, Convenience, Premium HDD Nav, Blind Spot Monitor, Mats.

Solid?
    lepton2,

You mentioned $1000 cash incentive on the 2012 models right now and also holdback of $495 on the XLE 4 cyl.

I followed your suggestion and signed up for CR.. but I am not able to see the above #s you are mentioning.. Can you kindly suggest where to look in the website for Camry 2012 XLE with options (Convenience, Leather, Nav) with $29,570 MSRP.?

All that it is saying is "Configured MSRP: $29,570 Potential Savings: $1,958 Target Price: $27,612. A potential savings of $1,958 (6.62%) off MSRP of $29,570"

Thank s
    Dan.
    >>XLE with Leather, Convenience, Premium HDD Nav, Blind Spot Monitor, Mats. 31,500$

Is that MSRP or OTD? If OTD, it may be high.
    Hi lepton2,

I found the report you mentioned and the 495$ figure for XLE.. but I could not find the 1000$ incentive you mentioned.. can you give me a clue where you saw it for 2012 camry car?

thanks
  • pat978pat978 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    I live in New England and was quoted ~$25K OTD on a Camry XLE with leather heated seats. Anyone have any thoughts on this price? I think it is still too high as the 2013 Camry's are now arriving at dealerships. Thanks.

I used kbb.com and edmunds to try to find the best info on pricing, but then stumbled onto www.truecar.com which gives you the three lowest quotes in your area (a good starting point, I guess). The best thing about this site is the ability to find the invoice price vs MSRP for the car's base cost and options. It would be nice to get info on givebacks and other incentives too, but I think you can only find that on CR if you pay for the additional service. Camry holdbacks seem to differ based on options...I got some dealer paperwork that showed $575-$600 on holdbacks and ~ $300 in additional incentives.
    Have anyone seen Magnetic Gray Metallic Exterior with Ivory interior?

i have seen only ash so far.. so wondering if it is possible to match the above two?
  • eric510eric510 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Vaiv777, I am also living in the SF area and with the tax rate 9.25%. And I want to buy the Camry LE, so would you please give me a hint for how to negotiate the price? and the dealer name? My email is ericlouie510@yahoo.com. Thank you!
    Is it the leather package? If yes, it is a 'right-on' price, in my observation.

I would say 23.5-24K OTD on XLE base is great price.. so add a package, and it comes to 25K is still OK in my math.. let me know.
  • eric510eric510 Member Posts: 2
    Ammarinv,
    Would you please itemize your fees of $22,088.91 OTD for Camry LE + power seats + floor mats? And how to negotiate the price? I got the quote with the same thing you got at $23, 797 with tax rate 9.25%. I will be grateful for your help if you can send the email to me at ericlouie510@yahoo.com.
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, it is with the leather and convenience packages. They are only giving me $500 for a trade on a '97 Honda Accord (though it has to be towed in, so maybe that's okay...although a friend and former Toyota sales person said it is too low).

I'm paying cash and just noticed postings about $1K off for cash instead of financing. Not sure if that still applies or if it is regional....would love to figure that out to see if would mean a better price. Thanks.
  • ammarinvammarinv Member Posts: 7
    I didn't negotiate this price. Householder just gave me that price over the phone and it was good when I got there. The price before tax and license was 19,999.
    Hmm...I'm assuming OTD means car price, plus lic and doc fees only - not taxes (which add about $1,600 to my cost in MA). If that is wrong, would someone please correct me? Thanks.
  • paul03200paul03200 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    I just bought an Camry here in Houston, TX for 20,800 OTD. Saleman and Manager gave me 21800 OTD and when I went in the Finance department, I told them I was a recent graduate from college for another $1000 off. They have a offer here if your a recent graduate for a $1000 off. Not sure if other states have it. Oh yeah forgot to mention with 0% apr.
  • paul03200paul03200 Member Posts: 2
    Include taxes too =)
    Thanks. So my deal is actually $26K and change OTD (with taxes) and that is after a trade (the trade is clearly an auction car, but it is still something). Not sure how much lower I should try to go...although, unfortunately, the $1000 cash incentive appears to be regional and is not in New England. Can anyone offer a suggestion on what a reasonable price would be? Thanks!

Rebates & Incentives
    Customer Incentive, 0.0% - 0.9% Financing (Expires 1-7-13)
    Models in Boston Region

Customer Incentive, 0.0% Financing (Expires 1-7-13)
    Models in Central Atlantic, Denver & Kansas City Regions

Customer Incentive, 0.0% Financing (Expires 1-7-13)
    Models in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Portland, San Francisco & Southeast Regions

Customer Incentive, 0.0% Financing/Cash (Expires 1-7-13)
    Models in Gulf States Region ($500.00)

Customer Incentive, 0.9% Financing (Expires 1-7-13)
    Models in Cincinnati Region

Customer Incentive, Cash (Expires 1-7-13)
    Models in Denver Region ($750.00)

Customer Incentive, Cash (Expires 1-7-13)
    Models in San Francisco Region ($1,000.00)

Supplemental Customer Incentive, College Graduate Cash (Expires 1-2-13)
    L, LE, SE & XLE ($1,000.00)

Supplemental Customer Incentive, Military Cash (Expires 1-2-13) ($500.00)
  • girisrgirisr Member Posts: 4
    Can you tell me which dealer you went to.
    Trying to find a good deal for 2012 Camry LE power seats, premium mats, leather seats and window tint - in Houston.
  • derek28derek28 Member Posts: 2
    I am in Houston too. Maybe we can consider to buy together so that we have more negotiation power.
    26K+ for OTD for your deal seems correct.

But you try to wait a little and counter offer by 750 less and see how they respond, if they give a counter offer. Either way, you will be OK.

Congrats.
    Thank you!

I don't think I will be able to get back to the dealership today. Do you think it matters a lot if I go back tomorrow/Wednesday to seal the deal?
  • xtremerazorxtremerazor Member Posts: 4
    AmmarinV

Hey there. I went yesterday to orange and asked for Householder and apparently he is out for the holidays. So I spoke to Weston. He gave me 20,995 price before tax for the camry SE base with power seats. Do you think it's a good deal? I'm going to go today to seal the deal in the afternoon. It's going to include special financing 0% for 60 months. Also, how much should I expect to pay total OTD? Thank you.
  • hanyuyehanyuye Member Posts: 5
    Came back from dealer who said he can give me 25K for OTD on 2012 SE with nav/sunroof and power seats. Is this a good deal?

I was thinking of omitting the sunroof as they are mostly useless and opting for the convenience package. Would 25K OTD still be good?
    >>I don't think I will be able to get back to the dealership today. Do you think it matters a lot if I go back tomorrow/Wednesday to seal the deal?

they are hungry for finishing deals.. so print your communications and verbally reference your communications and with who.. they should honor it OK.

All the best!
    After you settle on an OTD, can you give suggestions on getting a good deal/price for

*Rear Spolier (CR Dealer Invoice $99)
    *Paint Protection Film (CR Dealer Invoice $218)
    *Remote Engine Starter. (CR Dealer Invoice $310)

I just asked for their price, and I did not mention that I saw the invoice price mentioned in Consumer Reports. I have not started bargaining at all. I have time, so I wanted to check your feedback on this.

Their quote was close to 300$ for Rear Spoiler because they said it need additional kit.
    Their quote for Paint Protection Film was 700+$ (they had 2 different packages, and both were that price range)
    Their quote on Remote Engine Starter also was around $500.

Do you have any experience in handling with these kind of options to add on, after the deal is over?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dan
    Can you share the dealership name on this.
  • coches1coches1 Member Posts: 104
    Happy New year to all!!

Dave E. in Hanlees fleet Dept. called me and provided the following
    quotes.

2012 Camry LE No power seats $19K MSRP 23,620?

2012 Camry LE including Power seats $19.7K MSRP 24,060?

This quote is after the 1000$ rebate offered for No. Ca. dealers

The power driver seat is 440$ (retail). It should be possible to
    add this to the 19K and buy it for $19,440 plus fees.

Maybe he is the No. CA. version of Robert H. of Orange Toyota

coches1
  • busunclebusuncle Member Posts: 18
    MSRP on that car is like $36,000.
  • tpatchtpatch Member Posts: 1
    Options:
    * Convenience package
    * Carpet/Trunk Mat set
    * Nav with Entune (6.1")
    * Leather Package
    * Moonroof

Quoted $29,300 + TTL in New Jersey. Looking for guidance/feedback. Do you think dealers should be discounting the 2012s more aggressively than this to make room for the 2013s?
  • derek28derek28 Member Posts: 2
    hi, could you please share the dealer info? please send to lookpoor at yahoo dot com. thanks a lot.
  • vaiv777vaiv777 Member Posts: 7
    Yes. This is for regular 4 cylinder SE not the V6 Model.

This is at Autowest Honda @ Hayward,CA

Thanks Lepton.
  • vaiv777vaiv777 Member Posts: 7
    Autowest @ hayward. Basically you beat dealer against each other. Key is to get the lower quote from dealer and take it to other.Most dealer price match.
    Was $20,408 the OTD price or before ttl
  • ek1979ek1979 Member Posts: 1
    I am a little bit confused with the model differences, this are the quotes I received:
    1. SE Sport with: Leather package, NAV, Moonroof: $$22,800
    2. XLE with: NAV, Leather pkg, Moonroof (was told moonroof is standard in XLE): $23,200

Assume they are both equipped the same (NAV, Leather and moonroof) is there any other difference between the two models? which one would you recommend over the other?

All prices before any taxes etc,.
  • lepton2lepton2 Member Posts: 9
    Is this the 2012 model? The 2013's are officially out, so this is now a year old car as far as the car's value goes (if you are buying 2012). You should thus get a price that is appropriate.

There is a $1000 manufacturer rebate on the 2012 Limited Edition SE and other nonhybrid Camry's.

The regular SE (2012) with your options and the $1,000 rebate included - the very best price you can expect to get on that one is $22,995. That would be the best of the best (normally not possible - including the rebate, that would be the build and buy price), so that is very good what they have quoted. Invoice is $25,395. The Consumer Reports Bottom Line price is $23,930, which is the price one, in normal circumstances would be what you would start to negotiate up from. All these prices include destination charge.

The XLE with leather and nav and moonroof (moonroof is indeed standard) - also excellent price. Dealer holdback is $495. This is even a steeper discount, so I don't know what they are dipping into there. There are incentives from the manufacturer sometimes for selling so many XLE's this month, etc. We don't get to see those.

Lepton
    Hi Lepton,

I am interested in the SE Limited Edition as it has the Navigation and Sunroof standard. I can not find the manufacturer rebate. I've searched but it is not in edmunds nor carsdirect.
    Care to share?
    Also, I had a quote from a dealer for a 2013 SE with Nav and Sunroof, OTD of 27400, I was hoping they can do better than that and I presume, a dealer should or more frankly, I should be able to find something better than that.
  • riteshjriteshj Member Posts: 6
    I am currently in the market for the Camry SE V6 and have received the below pricing for the 2013 model:

$29,947 OTD (including TTL for the state of NC)

The car includes Convenience Package, Leather Package, Moonroof, Blind Spot Monitor, Display Audio w/Navigation and he might also throw in Splash guards, Carpet Floor Mats, Wheel locks and door edge guards.

Edmunds shows the invoice price of this config as $29,440 and I think this is a good deal. Thoughts?
    EXCELLENT DEAL! I'm in LI, New York and most of them are offering me 27500 just for SE 4cyl with nav and sunroof alone! You're getting the whole shabang for 2500 or so more. I say go for it.
  • lepton2lepton2 Member Posts: 9
    CarsDirect.com does list the $1000 manufacturer's rebate at the very top, right above "net CardDirect price" ($23,247 is their higher price for the Limited Edition, and this price includes destination charges). I wonder if this could vary by region of the country, but I doubt it - as it is a manufacturer's rebate. They would add tax, license, some small tire fees, and maybe a $50 documentation fee (meaning the dealership). [I'm in California].

The 2013's are now coming around slowly (you can see what cars/colors/options are where from Cars.com), so the 2012's should be sold at a rock bottom price (they also need to make room at some dealerships). That isn't to say that any salesperson won't try to get a high price out of you on a 2012 (they count on people being uninformed - and do try!). Make an offer over the internet to the direct sales/internet sales division (though you'd have to get their email by some means). Basically stay away from regular salespeople (too frustrating). I will avoid talking to them in person and also will not talk to them on the phone, to tell you the truth. Everything is through email for me (if they ask me to call, I ignore it and continue negotiations on email). And, it is not worth even communicating with a dealership who does not have the color and options on the car that you actually want (for the benefit of everyone - as their goal is to "get you" and talk you into something else). It is thus well worth checking out what cars with what options/colors are located exactly where.

At the very end of January is good time, by the way, as the two months after the holidays have historically been a slow time, and they will have their January month end quotas to deal with.

I personally plan to cover a 250 mile area when I make my offers (I'm waiting for one thing, so a few more weeks). I think I will actually go for a 2013 model, as it is always possible to get a good price (once there are enough 2013's delivered and around). The truth is that what matters to me is final price. You can take your Toyota to whatever Toyota dealership you wish for service (I've actually never had mine serviced at close to 200,000 miles on it. I do my own oil changes (easier than waiting for one). I put a starter in myself (right there at the front - quite easy), I put some brake pads on, and I had a clutch done at 142,000 miles (I have a 10 year old SE with leather and XLE wheels, and I specifically wanted a manual transmission - which was still produced in that year - fun factor for me. A clutch will eventually go just like brake pads need to be replaced, as it wears the same way). There isn't much that goes wrong with these cars!!

They need to be reminded that the 2012 is a year old car as far as resale value is concerned (it won't matter to you/us if we keep the car for a good amount of time, but the truth is actual value does drop at the end of the year - and it isn't dependent on whether there are miles on the car).

What is the CarsDirect.com price that you are showing in your area? They're worth buying from if you want to get a certain color and certain options (they just get it for you - no hassles). The price is a little higher than the rock bottom you could be paying, but sometimes searching and haggling can seem like a lot of work.

Lepton
  • carwatch1carwatch1 Member Posts: 2
    Received a bottom line quote for 2012 Camry Se Limited edition (Sport Package: 18" wheels+Navigation+ Moon Roof etc,.) for $23,705 (before taxes, etc,.) include 0% financing.

I know today (1/7) is the last day for current prices as tomorrow the prices and the new specials for the new models are coming out.

So my question is relevant for today: Am I getting a good deal?
    I just do not want to wait for tomorrow to find out that the 0% financing is no longer available.

So.... deal or no deal?
  • mistervemisterve Member Posts: 22
    Was looking at Camry SE, but not the limited edition.
    My best offer was 21,400 after 1k rebate but before tax and lic. for the 2012 SE with power seats and navigation.
    If the limited edition SE costs a couple of thousand more than the 'regular' SE then it sounds like it is ballpark. Personally I am still looking for a better price.
  • carwatch1carwatch1 Member Posts: 2
    Not really.
    My price is $23,705 with 0% financing.
    I can chose to take the rebate of $1000 and then the price will be $22,705 but the financing will be 2.99% which will end of costing me more.

You chose to take the rebate, and therefore your price is $21,400. If you take the 0% financing then your price will be $22,400

Now we can compare our offers:
    With $1000 Rebate

Me: SE Special Edition (Sport): $22,705
    You: SE with power seat: $21,400
    Difference: $1,305

So for only $1,305 more, I am getting :
    18-in alloy wheels with P225/45R18 tires
    Display Audio with Navigation and Entune
    Power tilt/slide moonroof
    8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support

I really think that my deal is very different and better than yours. However, I would still want to know if that is a great deal overall, or should I wait one more day and risk losing the 0% financing/rebate offer.
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone please tell me the disadvantages of buying the new 2013 Toyota Camry from out of state (actually 150 miles away from my home)? Will I be losing out on any service in future by not going with the local dealership?

I am getting a great deal if I buy the car from 150 miles away but wanted to know the pros and cons of buying it from so far.

Any guidance will be really appreciated!
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    edited January 2013
    Nope, you will be fine. I have done that twice, with no problems. Some will tell you that the dealership will not assist you as much if you have to go for warranty work, etc.

Any dealer can and will do warranty and/or service work, no matter where you bought it. Besides, how do they know you did not just move???

I would be surprised though that you can't get the same price closer.

The reason I had to go far away is Toyota did not sell base models of the cars I wanted in my region, so I had to go to a different region that gets those versions. Otherwise, I'd have purchased close to home. Keep in mind the distance and time you will have to spend to go that 150 miles.
    Thanks for your response! I have tried with all the dealerships that are near my home and no one can even come close to the price I have got from 150 miles away.

Dealers are close to me are all big chains and wont come down on the price as much as i would like them too.

The dealer that I am dealing with 150 miles away is a Toyota dealer in a small town 150 miles away and is willing to offer me a great deal. Maybe because they dont do as much business as the dealers close to me do. Thats my only guess.

I just wanted to know of any pros and cons.

Thanks
    Just to let you know, the price that I have got for the 2013 Camry SE V6 Auto is $29,947 including TTL and any dealer fees. Here are the options installed:

Blind Spot Monitor
    Moonroof
    Leather Package
    Convenience Package
    Display Audio w/ navigation
    Carpet Mats
    Splash Guards
    Door Edge Guards
    Wheel Locks

I havent seen a better deal on this car anywhere else so far. Not even close.
  • toycamry13toycamry13 Member Posts: 1
    I wanted to know what are changes in 2013 Camry Hybrid XLE over the 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE model.

Was trying to weigh in if paying an extra 2K for 2013 is worth.

Thanks much.
  • tksuthertksuther Member Posts: 1
    I just closed a lease deal with essentially the same car and the same numbers you listed (except I have lower sales tax). My payment with 12k per year is $320.00 - nothing down at signing. FYI - I was offered GAP insurance for an additional $20/month. I called my insurance company and got it for only $25.00 per year, yes per year! Good luck and enjoy! :)
    Finally closed the deal today on the following car:

Loaded 2013 Toyota Camry SE V6
    Exterior: Metallic Gray
    Interior: Black Leather

a) Leather Package
    b) Convenience Package
    c) Display Audio w/ Navigation, Entune
    d) Moon roof
    e) Splash Guards
    f) Wheel Locks
    g) Door Edge Guards
    h) Carpet Floor Mats
    i) Blind Spot Monitor
    j) 35% Window Tint
    k) Body Side Molding
    l) LED daytime running lights

Got the OTD price of $30, 600 including TTL for the car. Any thoughts on this deal?

Thanks!
  • wrtoffwrtoff Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking for a Blizzard Pearl '12-'13 Camry SE Limited with the Convenience Package? Does this exist? My must have is the push button start and smart key system. Any thoughts?
  • mistervemisterve Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for clarification on cost comparison - apples to apples.
    FYI - The SE quote was including NAV and Power Driver Seats. Alloy wheels are standard on SE but smaller than the SE Sport. The SE did not have the sunroof though. Sport probably has other upgrades over regular SE.
    Sounds like a good offer for your SE Sport.