Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sarahww2sarahww2 Member Posts: 5
    DC area (will register in VA). anyone can share their recent OTD price or the best quote and deal name?
  • gnartgnart Member Posts: 36
    Hi, I am a faculty at PGCC, MD. You may want to try 355 Darcars. I usually buy from them after shopping around and compare the OTD price. I bought my XLE 03/2012. Recently helped another Edmunds poster from PA to shop for an XLE. He ended up buying from 355 since no dealer in PA could match their price. Glad to help you out if you like. I will ask the PA poster to join the thread.
  • jcm25jcm25 Member Posts: 2
    Went to Cincinnati dealer with "no haggle" price of 25081. They quote MSRP of 26975 and avg mkt of 25997. I want to haggle, but am new at this game. Should I accept price or can i get some suggestions on ways to reduce price further. Prices are before taxes, include delivery fees. Standard le, no extras. Thanks.
  • myodyssey11myodyssey11 Member Posts: 4
    $25081 is too high I think. The price is very high. I am not sure what is the sales tax price for OH, but in VA I was getting OTD price around $25,500.00. The sales tax in VA is around 3.15%, but the processing fees is high like $790.
    If you have costco or AAA use their pricing, which will be a lot less.
  • broomballmanbroomballman Member Posts: 5
    Just brought home a 2012 Camry LE (plus power seat and floor mats) lease last night.

36 months, 36,000 miles

$23,994 MSRP, $22,475 sales price, $500 Toyota lease cash, 54.5% residual, 0.00001 money factor (basically nothing). Paid first payment up front plsu tax on the Toyota lease cash.

$264/mo plus tax the rest of the way, which in Indiana means $282/mo

Got Internet quote from a dealer in Indianapolis, then was able to get my local Lafayette dealer to match their price even though the lease terms were way better since Lafayette is considered the Chicago region.
  • jcm25jcm25 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feedback. Where do I get AAA pricing? I am familiar with AAA, and am a member, but have not seen any references to their offering car sales info. Thanks, again.
  • wetwillyswetwillys Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2013
    I was in the market for a new car and was seriously considering the Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry. I test drove the Camry several times and enjoyed the ride and the features. We never made it to the point to talk price; however, the salesman I had was very nice and not pushy at all - made my experience enjoyable. Ultimately, the car was for my wife. When we went to the dealership so she couild drive it, I got in the passenger seat and did not fit. I am 6'-5" tall and my head hit the ceiling. The drivers seat moved up and down; however, the passenger seat only moves front to back. I only mention this for tall people that may occaionally ride in the passenger seat or for parents with tall kids who might not think to take the kids with them when buying the car.

I will also mention that the foot rest on the Honda Accord sticks out a fair distance and I do have to bend my leg. So, it does appear that from the drivers standpoint, the Camry is more comfortable for taller people; however, I could not be a passenger without laying the seat back.
  • mistervemisterve Member Posts: 22
    I am only 6'1" but never found the Accords easy to access.
    Never had that problem with the Camry.
    I think that there are some of the Camry models that have the power seat option for the passenger seat. No idea what that option would cost or if it would solve your problem.
  • wetwillyswetwillys Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2013
    I wound up with the Accord and my wife loves it. I think the backup camera, which is standard, is one of her favorite features. I did talk to Toyota and they told me that an adjustable passenger seat (up and down - power or manual) was not an option (at least for the 4 cyclinder SE - I was not interested in the XLE or the 6 cylinder). They said I might be able to find an aftermarket solution; however, I did not want to go that route.

I am not trying to sway anyone Honda vs Toyota. I just wanted to report my experience in case my findings helped someone else.
  • visirivisiri Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Amen. The prof is right on,Sarah.

I had got quotes from 40 or so dealers from PA/MD/NJ/NY... by far, 355 darcars toyota outperformed them all. When I asked for OTD price, that is what I got. When you saw the price, you did not have to haggle anymore, since you have already seen what 40 other dealers are able to provide. Many admitted they can't come close.

So I would second the prof's reco. Get a e-price from 355. You will like it. Then see if 355 has online coupons, add it on, and then give them a visit. I think it will be quick and happy ending for you.

Let us know any questions.

We wish you a satisfactory purchase at the most reasonable cost!

God bless & Keep!
    John 3:16
  • dijkatrasdijkatras Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Am thinking of going for one of the zero down lease that toyota is offering. I live in Massachusetts and was wondering if someone can share any info about good lease deals and dealerships.

Thanks
  • coches1coches1 Member Posts: 104
    edited January 2013
    I finally found the price and better yet the dealer
    to sell me the 2012 Camry LE with driver power seats,
    floor and trunk mats.

Purchase price $19,488 plus fees PD MATS
    No other rebates

0% interest rate and 100% financing

Manhattan Beach Toyota in CA published an
    advertisement in the Los Angeles Times. It was interesting
    because I believe it was only distributed in the south bay area
    of Los Angeles. Although all areas in So. CA. are published in
    the online version.

The $1000.00 cash rebate for 2012 Camrys at NO. CA. dealers almost made it
    worthwhile to buy it at Elk Grove Toyota for $19,360 after rebate but before fees. I could not take the time to make the trip. Ask for Jeremy or John in fleet, they are brothers.

The first choice was the new 2013 Honda Accord LX. But the driver footrest made it uncomfortable and difficult to drive because of my height 6'0".

The camry has everything I need and according to the dealers their are no changes for the 2013 models.

Please dont buy extended warranties, gap insurance, or alarm systems from the dealers. These are all overpriced and available aftermarket for a fraction of what they quote.

Thank you everyone for all the information I have learned. $19,488 for
    this car provides almost everything the average driver needs.

Adios

coches1
  • pat978pat978 Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    Hi. Not sure how close you are to NH. I'm buying, not leasing. But, after talking to a lot of dealers in my area, I had the best experience with Toyota of Nashua. Bruno easily answered all of my questions and was the best, and most up front, about price negotiations.
  • kishjkishj Member Posts: 4
    Can you please suggest rate range going on in bay area.

Thanks
    Kishore
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    Also posted in the lease forum (so quiet on the Camry Boards):
    Two days ago, my sales dude said new program has money factor of 0.00001 for all remaining 2012 camry's.
    At that mf with decent residuals, the 12 Camry's will move. I test drove a SE Limited edition (msrp 27084) and the lease cost was zero o-t-d with 35 remaining payments of 266 (incl.6.5% tax rate).
  • joshsimsjoshsims Member Posts: 4
    I found a Toyota with leather seats and navigation for 24308 in Palm Desert. Good luck, that was a super bowl bash, but they have these events often. Good luck.
  • mm_soflamm_sofla Member Posts: 3
    I have been offered a 2012 Camry LE with 8way adjustable drivers seat and carpet mats for $21,795.00 plus tag fees. Two other dealers in the area (South Florida, Broward County) have said they cannot match this price. What do you think about this deal? Is it good, or could it be better?

Thank you for weighing in!
  • mistervemisterve Member Posts: 22
    I bought a new 2012 Camry SE with NAV and Power Driver Seats (and mats) for 22,313 plus tax and lic in Northern California. I took the 0% financing too, instead of an additional 1K rebate.
    When factoring in the SE added value plus Navigation my personal opinion is that your LE offer could be better.
    I know that COSTCO has a auto purchase program that has competitive prices. If you are a member I would recommend checking into that as an option.
    Good luck
    Thank you, mistserv. Sounds like you got a great deal in CA!

The offer I have includes the 1k rebate, so if I want the 0% financing it would be 1K more....
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    Does any one know if blind spot monitor is available on 4 cylinder? I assume it is not on the LE. Is this option easily found on SE or Xle, or is it rare to find?
  • chunt5chunt5 Member Posts: 3
    $19,179 for new 2012 Camry LE with power seats and floor and trunk mats. No dealer fees or hidden or surprise fees. A great buying experience in Georgia. Just had to pay the sales price and tag, title and sales tax.
  • turealtureal Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    Just stumbled on this site and it seems as though my deal is not as good as I thought. I'm in Pa and my out the door price is $25741 for an Se 4 cylinder with leather package, convenience package and nav package and the dealer is installing auto starter. Any input would be greatly appreciated as the last 2 cars I have purchased seemed to have been mistakes and I overpaid.

I was going to go negotiate tomorrow to close the deal.
    Need many more details on your deal (msrp, sell price, tax rate) to give you guidance. I suggest leasing the 2012 as TFS has crazy low lease terms right now. Plus there is 625 + 500 lease bonus cash til 2/19...
    edited February 2013
    Can't lease as I'll be putting 20k + on the car a year. msrp was 28,900 without autostart. I only discussed what I'd be paying in the end which includes all taxes and fees. The dealership is Scranton pa. The tax rate is 6 percent.

Thank you for your help
    That's not an intelligent way to buy a car today...
    Please inform me on the intelligent way then as I dont want to make a mistake again. Idk if you can pm as I don't want to hijack the post.
  • lepton2lepton2 Member Posts: 9
    Join Consumer Reports online (the part for new car prices). Low monthly fee - you can unjoin when you buy your car - well worth it!!! You have to log in with your login and password in order to access their special prices. It gives you the wholesale and retail price of EVERY option and package and the dealer holdback and incredible information. When you've selected your car with the options you want, you can ask for a certificate (the system will send you up to three and you are guaranteed a certain dollars savings. In my case I just saved $3,374 on a Subaru Outback Limited with only the options that I want (I own a Camry SE, which was incredibly reliable for the 200,000+ miles/10 yrs that I had it, but I want the rugged, dark windowed, large rubber rugged hatch area car for the next few years). Anyway, Consumer Reports was an incredible find for me, and it is this specific online service where you can look up the prices of - everything! - AND get a guaranteed certificate for savings. The trick is finding a car with only the options that you want. If you find a car on a lot where you want to know what you can get it for, put in the zip code of the dealership (instead of your home, which takes you to many dealerships) and select only those options, and the system will send you a guaranteed savings certificate for that car loaded in that particular way. That totally eliminates any potential game playing coming from claiming that the car you have a certificate for has different options than the car you're looking at, and thus the price is X. Make sure the dealership does not try to add the destination price in again at the end (it is included in the MSRP and invoice prices). I had terrible luck with Toyota dealers this time (as much as I love Toyota). I was GOING to buy a Camry XLE Hybrid, and after shopping a 250 radius in CA and finding lies after outright lies, I went with the Outback. The Subaru dealers are down to earth like their cars - at least more so. I'm reporting a couple of Toyota dealerships to the Better Business Bureau the moment I find the energy to do that (it was just a couple of weeks ago that I gave up on Toyota - but it is partly because I really want that rugged, outdoorsy hatch and versatility for awhile. The Highlander is very nice but it is too dressy for the purpose, so I'm going to take a chance here with a company who seems to have earned my business (though I'll probably come back to Toyota after I have my fling).
    Awesome, I will join right now. Thanks for the input. I actually considered the crosstrek but liked the idea of all the extras I was getting in the camry.
    edited February 2013
    REF: 9877
    The Honda Accord forum with over 28000 posts has some excellent buying strategies. Here's a sample post:
    "It seems to me that the real dealers cost of any said vehicle we cant truly determine. We have guidlines that the car industry have set up and those are the rules we play by.
    Car salesman today are on salary. Most make as little as 100 dollars per vehicle sold.
    The formula to buying any vehicle should be started like this:
    1- Find invoice price
    2- Minus dealer hold back
    3-Minus rebates and Incentives
    4- Minus doc fee's
    This is your starting point on buying any vehicle."

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef006d2/28454
  • gnartgnart Member Posts: 36
    You may have found a competitive dealer. PA dealers tend to be more expensive. I worked with another PA buyer in this forum. He shopped and ended up buying from 355 Toyota in MD. The buyer said that PA couldn't compete. I bought a couple of cars from the dealer. My latest was a Camry 2012 XLE. I wished that they still had their maintenance package. They have been changing the oil in my Matrix and rotate tires for over 10 years.. the package more than pay for itself....
  • piionlinepiionline Member Posts: 2
    I paid 24k OTD. 7.25% sales tax & $200 for tags included.

purchased in western suburbs of Chicago at Lombard Toyota.

9,300 miles. it was a toyota rental for 3k then the gm loaner.

very nice dealer, internet sales rep, salesman, all nice people.
  • steve179steve179 Member Posts: 2
    just negotiated a price for a 2012 Camry SE. list 28,922. Out door for 24,700 in manchester , NH
    REF: 9883
    That must be some loaded SE! What was the price before TT&L and possible trade? Does it have the CQ package?
  • steve179steve179 Member Posts: 2
    list for 28922. they started at 25500. has convenience pkg with smart key, navigation, leather, and remote starter. i did have a 2000 trade for a honda accord with 211000 miles.
  • jtptoyo2011jtptoyo2011 Member Posts: 13
    I have been getting a low ball price on my 2011. It's an XLE with a little under 21300 miles. One owner non-smoker showroom ready. Loaded with the in dash navigation system and satellite system. It has the back up camera, push start ignition and dual heated leather seats. Sticker new was $32k. I haven't been able to even find a dealer that would give me at least what the various car valuation sites are saying. I would really appreciate any advise on how to sell my car. I bought it because Toyotas are supposed to hold their value. I'm really disappointed and frustrated at this point. Thanks so much.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    You should post your question on the "REAL WORLD TRADE IN VALUES" thread here on town hall. A member has access to auction values & can pretty much tell you what to expect as a trade offer from a dealer & what a solid asking price would be if you were to sell the car privately.

Do you have a Camax near you? Take your car to them & see what they offer you. What kind of car are you buying? Take the price of the new car, subtract the price of what you want for the trade, add tax, & DMV fees. Go to the dealer with this OUT THE DOOR OFFER. If they try to bump you up, just say no thanks and walk out. Good luck & keep us posted.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Thank you nyccarguy. I went to Carmax they were offering 18500. One dealer even went as low as 17 something. I'm not buying another vehicle. Just selling mine outright. I feel they should at least honor what the car valuation sites are saying. I took the average of KBB, NADA etc and came up with an average of 20,591. I was retailing it for 23,900. I know they have to "recondition" the car etc but 18500 is ridiculous for them to wash the car maybe do whatever inspection. Its not an SE or LE. It's an XLE with low miles and absolutely nothing wrong with it.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    Keep in mind that the auction value of the car is really the price. You'll NEVER get "full KBB retail" for it. Even if the car "glows in the dark," the dealer has to mark it up & make a profit. Besides your 2 year old, used, XLE, they've also got brand new 2012 & 2013 LEs & SEs to sell on their lot. So they have to price your car accordingly.

Also the fact that you are not buying a car from the dealer "hurts you." If you were buying a car from them, they could give you the same money as car max, and a great price on the new car just so they could "punch a sale."

Check autotrader and see how many 2011 XLEs are for sale within 100 miles of your zip code. You won't be able to sell it for more than a dealer can, but it might be worth your time to sell it privately.

If car max offered $18,500 for it, then maybe you could get another $500 out of a private seller or if you were trading in.

Good luck!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Well if I find someone who wants to buy it for 20 or 21 I will sell. I'm not going to give it to the dealer for 18500 though.
    Thanks for the info.
  • nspattnspatt Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

I had an accident and someone rear ended me hard . The car had to be towed and the body shop estimate has a line item that says "Structural realignment - repair pull front and rear" .

What does that mean ? Does it mean it is structurally damaged and the car loses its value.
    Would it be safe to drive.?

I appreciate all the advice in advance.
    edited February 2013
    I got a 2012 Camry LE + mats + power seats last week for $22075.00 OTD (includes tax, title, tag, registration, full tank of gas) in S.FL. I think it's a reasonable price since the dealers were running out of the 2012 models in the color I wanted (metallic gray).
  • lpiratellpiratel Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone,

this is my first post and first time car buyer. So i did some research online and able to negotiate the price with some dealers for a 2013 toyota camry se 4cyl for $22500. To my understanding this is just a standard model. After reading around the forum and did some more research on my own, I want to further negotiate the price down to 21800 or even as low as the invoice price. Does anybody have any recommendation on how to deal with sale person and negotiation advices? I will go to the dealer this weekend (in CA), and I know they will try to devour me alive out there since I'm a first time buyer, but I will be strong out there (I promise).

Again, any advices are greatly appreciate since I rather get blast here than to get rip off at the dealer. I want to be prepare :D
  • trusso69trusso69 Member Posts: 68
    try carwoo dot com; it's free for the first vehicle
  • lpiratellpiratel Member Posts: 4
    a quick update, i got my car today. it is a 2013 toyota camry se white, with power seat (i believe it comes standard) and car alarm from rockledge or something. out of the door, it was $22800, i thought that i was a good deal. my interest rate is 5.7% 60 months, but I'm going to pay it off withing a year or a year and a half, they said there will be no penalty for early pay off. any comments? I got the car from toyota of orange
  • mgilani21mgilani21 Member Posts: 1
    Hey man, i saw that you got your camry for 22K OTD, you mind explaning to me how, every toyota dealership i end up at gives me their lowest offer at 21,500 + TTL

let me know whats up
  • hed63hed63 Member Posts: 6
    I just bought a 2013 Camry SE. After much haggling I got it for $21,100 out the door. This was my first new car purchase ever and was curious to how I done price wise. Thanks
    edited March 2013
    need details to evaluate your deal:
    msrp
    sell price
    tax rate
    fees
    trade?
    your price of 21.1 otd is not realistic!
    MSRP was $24,800
    I didnt trade or put any money down. Here is how it went: I haggled the night before for a Camry L but couldnt agree and left. I went to another dealership but they didnt have L but offered a LE for 20,900. I asked about SE and could get it for $21,700. The 2nd dealership sale price was $22,900. On the way to get it, the 1st dealership called and wanted to talk. I ask how much SE out the door. He called me back 5 min. later and said 21,100 otd. BUT, when I got there they tried switching dealers and said he didnt know where the 1st dealer got $21,100 but they could not do it. This made me upset since they clearly said that price on the phone. I did get angry and ask why they lie just to get me to come there? Is this how you train your salesmen,etc? I was kinda loud but it was not an act. I told my wife to lets go immediately to 2nd dealership for $21,700 SE offer. The manager stopped us and asked me if I get it for 21,100 would I still leave a good review for them. I was still angry but took the deal. Since you are DOUBTFUL and said it was unrealistic tells me I must have got a good deal.
    most SE's are 24860 when loaded up in the popular way with power seat and mat set. Still waiting for answers to my questions...
    Thats how mine is. It has 8 way power seats, mat set. It dont have sunroof, nav system. So whats your question?