Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura RSX Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• a4gsra4gsr Member Posts: 1
    amarsa1 -- I experienced this with a Honda Accord. When it happened I was away from home, but called my dealer and described what was happening. He told me that it sounded like I had no transmission oil and should take it to the nearest service station and have them check. Sure enough, I had very little transmission oil. I watched as it was filled with oil, but I didn't believe it would stop the popping out of 5th gear problem -- but it did. I still don't understand why, but if you're still having a problem, you may want to have them check the fluid.
  • goofeygoofey Member Posts: 3
    have air coming into car through door handles, window controls and door pockets when I open a window or the sun roof just a crack. Anyone else having this problem and is there a fix. Dealer says its normal. I don't think so
  • dsm6dsm6 Member Posts: 813
    Haven't noticed, but haven't had the car very long. I'll check next time I drive it and report back.
    OK, I tried it. I get air coming in through the places you mentioned as well.
    Thanks,
    I would like to know what your dealer has to say.
    Since this is happening in your car also wonder if it's a design problem and is Honda going to come up with a fix?
    Anyone else out there having the same issues with air leaks? Anyone know if there is a fix?
  • dmbst68dmbst68 Member Posts: 50
    Same problem on my 2002 RSX. It's very noticeable coming thru the door handle, at least on the driver's side. And it's somewhat annoying in cold weather...like now! I haven't contacted the dealer about this.
  • erictooleyerictooley Member Posts: 13
    The fabric on my base RSX has begun to pull away from the plastic headrest ring. It doesn't appear to be wear-related, since it's happening to both seats and I usually don't have a passenger. Any ideas on how to resolve this, besides glue? Anyone else with the same problem?
    I actually saw this on one of the brand new RSXs at the dealer when I picked up mine.

I'd let your dealer resolve it for you - I guess I'm assuming it is still under warranty. If not, then ignore.
  • aoverbeeaoverbee Member Posts: 1
    My '03 RSX now has 1,100 miles on it and it still emits a horrible "rotten egg" smell. I'm told this is normal but is it? What is your experience? Is it harmful long term to inhale hydrogen sulfide in an enclosed car? I'm really concerned and hope you can advise me. Thanks.
  • 719b719b Member Posts: 216
    for the life of me i can't understand how you guy's accept excuses like "it's normal" or "all cars do that" when no one else has that problem.
    the reason you hear this so often is the dealer is afraid the manufacturer will not reimburse them for all the time it will take to find the problem
    call the manufacturer on their 800# and explain your problem to them.
  • michiganmanmichiganman Member Posts: 65
    In early December I posted about a loud rattle in the dashboard, both driver and passenger side, when it was cold. I said I would update you guys, and here's the deal:

1st time in I rode around with a tech and showed him the rattle. The dealer had it 1 day and claimed it was fixed (not). I found out later they didn't even remove the dash, only the glove compartment.

2nd time in I had to redemonstrate the noise. They had it over the weekend, but didn't have time to work on it, so I had to pick it up with no work done on it.

3rd time in they had it for 6 days. Apparently they brought in Acura people from Marysville, and worked on it for over 11 hours. The explanation I got is this:

There is a piece of wool felt between the plastic piece of the dash and a metallic piece of the dash underneath (hidden). Somehow, the felt folded up on itself and the plastic was hitting the metal, causing the rattle. Personally, I don't see this being the whole story, since, 1. the rattle is not 100% gone, and 2. if this were the reason, it wouldn't have taken them 6 days and 11 hours to figure it out. I still feel it's partly the plastic dash changing shape from the cold, and not fitting correctly against the windshield.

Anyways, the rattle is 95% gone (I can still hear it once in a while if I listen really hard with the stereo off). At this point I will leave it be unless it gets worse, for 2 reasons. First, the rattle is minor enough now that I can live with it. Second, after all the time they've had the car, I'm not sure they can do anything further to fix it! The service guy said that when the stereo is at "2", if you can't hear the rattle then Acura considers it to be fixed.

I did get a loaner at all times when my car was in. Hope this helps for all you guys with dash rattles. Good luck!
  • beowulf7beowulf7 Member Posts: 290
    Sorry to hear the rattling problems you had w/ your RSX. I'm surprised your dealership had to bring in experts from another place to remove the dash and troubleshoot the rattling.

95% fixed is better than 0% fixed, but I have a feeling that you're still not completely satisfied. Hopefully it won't worsen. If it does, maybe you can try to bring it to another Acura dealer, since any authorized Acura dealership would be qualified to do warranty work.
  • nitromaxnitromax Member Posts: 640
    The air that you experience coming in through your door handles and other places is natural. It's caused from a vacuum that you create when you open a window or the sunroof. It's a venturi effect. Whenever you crack the sunroof or window, the air exiting through the sunroof/window needs to be replenished inside the car or you'd have a vacuum....the replenishing air enters the car through whatever means necessary....vents, handles...whatever. All cars have it you probably just never noticed because your more tuned to your "baby". :-)

The rotten egg smell is from the catalytic converter. It's by-product gases from the breakdown of your exhaust gases. It's also natural...especially for new cars. Once the car gets broken in you won't notice it as much.
    You'll notice that smell usually when you're behind a japanese made car. For some reason they tend to smell worse...could be because they have more efficient engines/exhaust systems.
  • medicboy13medicboy13 Member Posts: 3
    I was wondering if anybody had a RSX-S that is black paint with black leather? How does it feel in warm weather is it hot? I have friend who have black on black and theres are unbearable in summer.
  • durian21durian21 Member Posts: 2
    I got my '03 RSX base a month ago. Since couple of days ago, I have been hearing a squeking noise almost like something rubbing against rubber when driving over bumps or on the freeway. It seems to eminate from the driver's side back carrying cargo area/back window area. The noise can be only heard if the radio's off. Otherwise, a two degree loudness drowns it. Anybody has the same issue out there or is it I am just picky? What's the cause, anybody knows?

At the same time, I am also experiencing a rattling problem around the dashboard similar to 'michiganman's problem. So far, it seems to happen only in the morning and around bumpy roads. To 'Michiganman' if you are reading this, you seem to indicate that the dealer did not do anything and the problem went away? I plan to take mine in soon....

Is is normal to have so much noise in the RSX? Any advice out there is greatly appreciated....
    Durian, basically the dealer fixed 90% of the dash rattle. It's still there, but much better than what it originally was.

Some people have said that there is supposed to be a TSB coming out on the dash rattle, but I don't know if it ever came out. Also, some people have been resorting to home remedies (i.e. shoving foam/caulk saver between the dash and the windshield).

I recommend taking it in to the dealer. Good luck.
  • richt5richt5 Member Posts: 43
    Does anyone have dyno info on the RSX-S, either stock or modified ---and if- what mods.The truth is at the dyno.Also, any quarter mile times, which is also the truth.IF any tubo mods. let me know.My son has a RSX-S and loves it. But the above tells the basic truths. I know handling , quality, reliability are worth a lot. I want to know straight-out performance. THANKS TO ALL
  • kayek1kayek1 Member Posts: 5
    I am so happy to hear I am not the only one with rattle and noise problems! Rattles: unbearable. I have been to the dealer three times now for them to quiet the rattles. The second time the entire dash was torn apart and "insulated". But more have popped up since. Problem is they appear most often in cold weather, and it is now spring and warming up. And because they are so inconsistent, I have had to make multiple trips to the dealer to get them taken care of. My opinion? This is just not the quality of the Integra.

More noises, you ask? Yes. I have two suggestions for the annoying squeaking you are hearing, Durian21. I heard a faint noise above my left shoulder for the longest time over bumps. One nice day I opened my sunroof shade and realized the rubber seal is constantly rubbing and "squeaking", but muffled by the shade. The dealer has also found a plastic piece in the upper hatch that is loose and rattling. They "tightened the hatch" also, whatever that means.

Bottom line: I could have paid half the amount of money and gotten a car this noisy. Nothing seriously wrong, but very annoying. I am very unhappy with this purchase.
    Bottom line: I could have paid half the amount of money and gotten a car this noisy. Nothing seriously wrong, but very annoying. I am very unhappy with this purchase.

You're very unhappy because the car has some squeaks in the dash?

I guess you should have bought that Ford Focus or Hyundai then huh? Then you could spend all of your time waiting for recalls to be fixed.

Here's a tip to make all of those little squeaks and rattles go away. Turn the radio on and put the volume at 1....that should do the trick.
    If you want absolute silence, stay home because the road noise is going to bother you also.
    If that's not good enough, then trade your car in on a Cadillac or Lincoln.
    Please do not assume these are minor squeaks in the dash and talk down to me because I expect quality in an Acura. I complained about the rough ride for several months before the dealer took me seriously. As it turned out, the struts were bad on my car and had to be replaced. The ride was so bad that on a rough stretch of highway I even hit my head on the roof due to the bounce. But due to the dealer dragging their feet and then the time to order the parts from the factory, I drove the car almost five months with bad struts. I am having terrible problems with many different noises in the car, lots of things loose. At one point the entire dash sounded like a baby's rattle. Even when idling at a stop light. Yesterday I was told there was something wrong with the transmission. I owned an Acura Integra for almost seven years that did not make near the amount of noise my RSX makes after just a few months. I think the quality of the RSX just doesn't match the old Integra. And to expect a quiet ride is not unreasonable. I can deal with minor noises and road noise, that is to be expected. And I constantly have my radio cranked so I don't hear them, and trust me, it is a lot louder than '1'.
  • 719b719b Member Posts: 216
    you have every right to expect a quality product from a company that claims to sell a quality product.
    you also have an obligation to yourself to complain to the dealer and have the problems fixed.
    what you shouldn't do is rise to the bait of a sarcastic response to your problems.
    I complained about the rough ride for several months before the dealer took me seriously. As it turned out, the struts were bad on my car and had to be replaced. The ride was so bad that on a rough stretch of highway I even hit my head on the roof due to the bounce. But due to the dealer dragging their feet and then the time to order the parts from the factory, I drove the car almost five months with bad struts. I am having terrible problems with many different noises in the car, lots of things loose. At one point the entire dash sounded like a baby's rattle. Even when idling at a stop light. Yesterday I was told there was something wrong with the transmission.

I apologize for my tone ealier....it's just that you came across as someone complaining about the littlest things.
    If you had mentioned the struts being bad, my tone would have been much different. I'm quite surprised that the struts would be bad on a new car. (was it new?)
    That problem right there probably contributed to most, if not all, of your problems. It most likely DID cause all of your squeaks and rattles.

It sounds to me like you either got a lemon car or a lemon dealer. If I were you, I would demand that fixes be made that the bad struts most likely caused...that includes writing a letter to Acura.

BTW, what's the problem with the transmission?

My experience with my car and dealer has been nothing but excellent....and I have 38,000 miles logged.
    Nitromax - Well, admittedly I didn't give the entire story. But based on other comments I have read here and on other boards, it sounds like the model is prone to noisey dashes even without the bad struts. Yes, it was brand new, and yes, the Acura rep is involved. The dealer has been happy to take care of me and look into all my complaints, but I have been in six times already this year and I am getting tired of taking care of all the annoyances. It has gotten to the point that I do not even want the car anymore. Problem is I can't claim the lemon law since Acura fixes everything in one or two attempts and I am going in for new problems, Lemon law applies only if they continue attempting to fix the same thing.

Not sure what it is with the transmission. My husband had that discussion with the service advisor and I didn't understand the details. Just the fact that the car is six months old and has had new struts and now needs something done to the transmission made me close my ears to hearing what exactly it was.

719b - Point taken, I guess I was still mad since I had just left the dealer (again) that morning. Thank you.
    The dealer has been happy to take care of me and look into all my complaints, but I have been in six times already this year and I am getting tired of taking care of all the annoyances. It has gotten to the point that I do not even want the car anymore. Problem is I can't claim the lemon law since Acura fixes everything in one or two attempts and I am going in for new problems, Lemon law applies only if they continue attempting to fix the same thing.

I was under the assumption that you brought it in for rattles, and that you've brought it in for the struts. If they are linked, which I am sure they are (if you had almost hit your head on the roof one time, then just imagine what the body integrity of the car has gone through), then in a sense they are all about the same problem. Perhaps you can claim "lemon law".

I feel for you....I had the same "downtime" problems with my Explorer. 50,000 miles on it and then it makes 6 or 7 trips to the dealer in the span of three months. (engine, ball joints, suspension components, A.C.)
    nitromax, kayek1 is correct, the dash rattle is by no means minor, and many many many many people have it. When it was at its worst, I could hear the rattle with my stereo up to "5". I have brought it in 3 times to the dealer and they still couldn't fix it 100% (search my prior posts).
  • kayekkayek Member Posts: 1
    Maybe I should check into the lemon law more in depth, but I don't think the dash rattles would count. I take it in, they fix what I am able to demonstrate (since they don't all want to rattle when there is an audience!). I drive it a couple weeks, more new rattles in different places. I take it in, they fix what they hear. I drive it a couple weeks..... Since it isn't mechanical, probably doesn't decrease the resale value of the car, and is never the same rattles, I don't think I could get the lemon law to stick. I think I will at least look into it since as you say it surely related to bad struts straight from the factory. Anyone else out there ever looked into it?

Michiganman- I agree, I turn my radio up as loud as it takes to cover the rattles. And '5' is not always enough. Good thing I like loud music!
    Maybe I should check into the lemon law more in depth, but I don't think the dash rattles would count. I take it in, they fix what I am able to demonstrate (since they don't all want to rattle when there is an audience!). I drive it a couple weeks, more new rattles in different places. I take it in, they fix what they hear.

You may be right. Since they are not re-appearing than the lemon law may not work. Next time you bring it in though, you might want to ask them if these rattles could have anything to do with your bad struts. If so, then the lemon law might cover.
    What worries me about them constantly taking your dash apart is that the clips holding everything together will loosen up and will cause more squeaks and rattles down the road.

I looked into this on some other sites and found that other people also have this problem. (aside from the posters here)
    There's also supposed to be some rattles that come from improperly bundled connectors under the dash. If they are too loose, than they rattle around. (something to look into)

I drove around this past weekend with the radio off :-) and tried to listen for any squeaks or rattles in my car. Surprisingly there were none....at all! It was extremely quiet aside from the road noise. I also made sure to go over any bumps that might twist the frame a little. I guess I am a lucky one.

Which got me to wondering. I have the base model, and am wondering if this problem only shows up on the Type S model. The Type S has a stiffer suspension than the base.

Any comments?
  • silverrsxs1silverrsxs1 Member Posts: 27
    I think Kayek just got the car that rolled off the Acura line at 5:30 on a Friday. I've had no problems with my Type S. The ride is stiff, but that's part of the reason I bought the car. I do get a buzzing when I blast the stereo, but it's only because I stuff the storage bins with CD jewel cases that rattle when the sound hits them. Other than that. I have no real complaints.
    Nitromax, no, I have a 2002 Base and still have the rattles. Just curious, do you live in a cold climate? My dash rattles appeared when winter rolled around (I live in Chicago). My theory is that the cold somehow warped the plastic dash, making it not quite fit flush against the windshield. I think this is why some people have had success using foam/caulk saver between the dash and windshield, as it creates a "space" between the two so that they can't touch.
    Yes, I have a Type S and, yes, I live in a cold climate (Iowa). The noise is definitely worse in the cold. These days, I only hear them occasionally in the morning, but by the time it warms up in the afternoon, they are barely noticeable. But when we were hovering at or below freezing, the noise was unbearable. Cold definitely makes a difference.

The service manager explained the bundles of wires rattling and apparantly they have "insulated" everything they can. Some type of self adhesive strips anywhere from a quarter to three quarters thick that they wrapped around everything. Makes my vent air stink, though. They say it will go away.

New problem: sunroof. Anyone having problems with a creaking sunroof?
    Nitromax, no, I have a 2002 Base and still have the rattles. Just curious, do you live in a cold climate? My dash rattles appeared when winter rolled around (I live in Chicago). My theory is that the cold somehow warped the plastic dash, making it not quite fit flush against the windshield. I think this is why some people have had success using foam/caulk saver between the dash and windshield, as it creates a "space" between the two so that they can't touch.

I live in the Northeast and yes I did hear some squeaks in the car during the winter. That's to be expected of tight-fitting materials when they get cold. They shrink due to the cold and allow more rubbing.
    But now that it's warming up (the past weekend when I was listening for squeaks/rattles was in the 50's), I don't hear them anymore.

hmmmm.....I had my windshield replaced in the early summer of 2002, I wonder if that helped the situation. (the third stone got the best of it)

Maybe it is as silverrsxs1 said....Friday afternoon cars...or even Monday morning cars.
    :-)
    New problem: sunroof. Anyone having problems with a creaking sunroof?

I've read about this one before. Some people have been told by the dealer to make sure that the rubber seal is kept clean or that might cause a squeak.
    Other people have mentioned that the Acura MDX also has the problem and that there is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) out for that fix. You may want to find the TSB on that and try it.
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/tsbsearch.cfm

I don't know if you can get much information from that (on how to fix it), but there are other sites also that charge a fee to purchase TSB's. OR you can mention it to the dealer when you bring it in again.
    :-(

I'd opt for cleaning the rubber seal and seeing if that fixes it.
  • himilerhimiler Member Posts: 1,209
    My Prelude has suffered from the same thing.

Clean the rubber seal around the glass panel, and the metal area in the roof it comes into contact with.

Add a bit of silicone spray or WD-40 to a cloth, wipe the rubber area, and you're good to go for a couple of months.
  • tsmitttsmitt Member Posts: 4
    I have been losing about 1-1.5 liters of oil between oil changes (8K) since I bought the car in Nov 2001. The dealership says acceptable oil loss is 1 litre per 1500km. Are they crazy? Who would buy a car that was allowed to lose that much oil? The dealerships also seems to overfill the oil every time by 1/2 to 1/4 litre. I am not happy.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks
    I take my car to the dealership every 5 kmi. for the oil change, so I don't know how much or little oil I have left before they change it. If your oil loss is within their bounds, Acura can't do anything about it if you file a complaint. :(
  • sgrd0qsgrd0q Member Posts: 398
    tsmitt - 1 to 1.5 liters (approx 1-1.5 quarts) per 8K KM (approx 5K miles) is quite good.

Double that oil consumption will still be acceptable, as long as it doesn't get worse.
  • tsmitttsmitt Member Posts: 4
    "1 to 1.5 liters (approx 1-1.5 quarts) per 8K KM (approx 5K miles) is quite good"

i can't believe i am hearing that. I have never had a car burn so much oil. Even the worst build american cars dont burn that much. and for a new car i dont think it is acceptable
    i can't believe i am hearing that. I have never had a car burn so much oil. Even the worst build american cars dont burn that much. and for a new car i dont think it is acceptable

Perhaps the reason it burns more oil is due to the engine design.

May I add even the BEST built American cars don't have close to the reliability.
  • zombozombo Member Posts: 89
    If you can locate the area where the noise is coming from,spraying it with silicone spray should cure the problem, at least temporarily.The cold makes things contract making tolerances between parts closer. You also might want to check out your glovebox.The last rattle I had in my dash came from the CD cases in the glovebox.Sometimes it's the simple things you don't think about causing the problem.I know what's it's like to have an annoying noise in a new car.I had a new 88 CRX that made a noise from the plastic gauge cover,that only ceased when silicone spray was applied between it and the dash.
  • volcom378volcom378 Member Posts: 16
    Is the dash rattle the only problem that the RSX has? i am looking to getting one and if thats the only problem that why are people complaining? i've had other cars with worst problems. i need to know if their are other problems, like with the audio (Type-S) engine, gas milege ETC. please, thanks
  • unagidonunagidon Member Posts: 20
    Get it! I drive a base RSX, and the audio's not that great (in fact, it kinda sucks). But the refinement on the car is amazing! And it's really fun to drive, especially if you're gonna get the Type S. I used to drive a 98 Prelude, and I think the RSX beats the Prelude on the fun factor. I test drove the Mazda6 and that actually felt quite good as well, especially if you need 2 extra doors...
    I personally haven't had any problems w/ my RSX-S (knock on wood!). The stereo definitely is underpowered, but most stock systems are. Some have a grind between 1st and 2nd or 2nd and 3rd gears. Also, the RSX is a bit under-tired, nothing dangerous, but not great if you want to race or peel out. I also recommend the RSX (Type-S if you can).
  • radrodradrod Member Posts: 4
    I've had my 2002 Artic Blue Pearl RSX Type S since February 2002. I just passed 15,000 miles, so I feel I can offer a "long term road test" like Edmund's (albeit not as thorough!)

PROBLEMS: Almost nothing. Yes, there's a notchiness in the 6-speed transmission, which seems to be inherent in this type of cable driven shifter. But I got used to that pretty quickly. My left-side map light sticks sometimes, and there's a "buzzing" that occurs on the driver's side right at 4,000 RPMs. Both of the above problems will be addressed by the dealer when I bring my car in for the 15,000 mile service. (Both were pretty common problems with this model, and if you search the "Problems & Solutions" boards both here and elsewhere, you'll see how others have addressed them).

Other than that, it's been a great car. My previous two cars were both GSR's (1995 & 2000) and when it came time to get this one, I really did a ton of research and almost got a WRX. But overall, this was the best car for me. The build, the quality, the economy, the ecology (low emission vehicle), the company rep, the stereo (I may be one of the few fans of this stereo, which has not given me any problems including regular use of the 6-disc changer), and last but not least the moonroof. I just can't seem to enjoy driving a car that doesn't have one anymore.

For me, the two door/hatchback design is still very practical, and this just continues to be a great car. Of course, no one car is going to give you everything, but for the price, it's a good value. It even got five star crash test ratings for both driver & passenger, a claim the previous Integra couldn't make.

And 15 months after getting it, it still puts a smile on my face every time I race down Sunset Blvd. at night with the moonroof open and the ocean breezes blowing and the stars shining and Jim Ladd on the radio. Lord, have mercy.......
  • revkarevka Member Posts: 1,750
    and thanks for your 15k vehicle report! Glad to hear your RSX has been serving you well. You may also want to share (copy/paste) your notes with other owners/shoppers in our main Acura RSX discussion. Happy motoring! ;-)

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Wagons Boards
  • chacha99chacha99 Member Posts: 14
    Hey everyone! I was hoping for some help on the RSX 2003. I currently own a 2002 Honda Civic EX that has been FINALLY claimed as a lemon. Honda is buying the car back from me next week. So basically i'm stuck without a car. I loved the car besides all the problems with it. So since the RSX seems to be very similiar to it i was thinking about buying one.
    My question is can someone please tell me what some of the problems are that they have had with this car, because i really dont need to buy another car with problems. Over-all i have heard great reviews on it.
    Also i wanted to know some pricing or what people have paid.
    I went to the dealership today for a test drive and some prices.
    Auto w/ leather, full body kit, and spoiler was quoted at almost $25k including all fees. Is this reasonable or over priced? Would anyone suggest buying the body kit or spoiler somewhere else and doing the work myself or would that be too complicated? What about interest rates?
    I was hoping to wait till the 2004's came out so then Acura would lower the prices on the 2003's but thats not suppose to happen till August.
    Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks!!
    I have over 38,000 miles on my RSX and have had only one problem. The vtec solenoid shorted out at around 35,000 miles. It prevented me from going over 3000 rpms but the car was still drivable(I just had to shift before 3000). It happened on a Friday and my dealer told me to bring it in first thing Monday morning. They gave me a free loaner car and had the problem fixed by the next day.

As far as I'm concerned, that's incredible service...and a very impressive track record for a "first year car".

...and it still brings a smile to my face every time I drive it.
  • zenzikorazenzikora Member Posts: 64
    I think it looks great without the body kit etc., but appearance is fully subjective:-) Then again I also thought the manual was so easy I would never pay more for the auto, so thats opinion too.
    There is 2.9% financing for 60 months available right now through Acura/Honda on the RSX.
  • unagidonunagidon Member Posts: 20
    I currently own a 98 Civic EX (unfortunately in automatic) and I just purchased a brand new 2002 RSX a month ago. And before my 98 Civic, I drove a 98 Prelude base. Of the three cars, I would have to say that the RSX is the most fun. Not as powerful or "comfortable" as the Prelude, but lighter, more "tossable" and sportier feel. I just dread it when I have to go over railway tracks, bumpy roads, etc. But great fun on twisties and entering/exiting highways =) No problems yet, although I heard a rattling noise near the passenger side sunroof a few days ago, but then it went away. I hope it never comes back!
  • chacha99chacha99 Member Posts: 14
    Just wanted to say thanks for the comments. I wish i enjoyed driving stick cause then i would get the type S, but to me it's kind of a hassle.
    Zenzikora-- thats funny u say that about the interest rate... When i went to the dealership two days ago i was told i probably could get the 4.9%. I have excellent credit. Was the dealer trying to get one by me?
    Does anyone know if the RSX has the same power as the civic ex? I thought they both have the same engine (160hp and VTEC) but acura told me that it has better acceleration. Just wondering..
    Thanks