Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura RSX Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• revkarevka Member Posts: 1,750
    Glad to see you're getting some helpful feedback here, from other members, regarding RSX problems.

Regarding interest rates and other (non-problem) matters, you should post (copy/paste) your questions in our main Acura RSX discussion. I think you'll be more likely to run into other RSX shoppers in that discussion, since the focus of this discussion is suppose to be about (mechanical) problems and solutions.

Btw, sounds like you may also be interested in our Acura RSX vs Honda Civic - Driving Impressions discussion. Good luck, and please keep us posted on your purchase. ;-)

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Wagons Boards
  • zenzikorazenzikora Member Posts: 64
    I posted regarding RSX/Civic in other forum. The 2.9% APR just came out the 15th, so it may not have been in yet when they quoted you. Its on the Acura website now.
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Member Posts: 2,228
    The Civic EX has 127 hp from a 1.7 liter engine. The RSX has 160 hp from a 2.0 liter. The RSX and the Civic Si share the same engine.
  • himilerhimiler Member Posts: 1,209
    The RSX lacks the Si's balance shafts.
  • zenzikorazenzikora Member Posts: 64
    The RSX has 9 more ft-lbs of torque, at 1000 less rpm than the Si. . .
    (plus it's not ugly:-)
    Hi Folks - As zenzikora has suggested, let's compare the RSX with the Si in our Acura RSX vs Honda Civic discussion, so people here can focus on RSX problems & solutions. Feel free to copy/paste your recent Si vs RSX comments into that discussion.

Please note: further off topic posts will be subject to automatic deletion. And now, back to the subject of this discussion. Thanks! ;-)

Revka
    Host
  • rsx_griefrsx_grief Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

i just bought RSX(5-speed manual) couple weeks ago. While i was driving home from dealership, i noticed that car sounded rough, so i called the dealership next morning, and they told me it needs to go through the break-in period. i currently have 800 miles on the car, and i still have the roughness. What do i mean by roughness? When i press on my car's gas pedal, it sounds and feels rough; even between 2000 and 3000 RPM. It feels like the car is choking on something.

Sometimes, it also feels like something is loose beneath gas pedal and break pedal when I step on them. i went back to the dealership few days ago and test drove another RSX, and when i pressed on the gas pedal, it was smooth and quiet without much of rough noise.

My RSX also idles at 1600-1800 RPM when i start the car, and gradually comes down. Also on the day that I brought the car home, the car shook when I shut off the engine, and it has been shaking on and off since then. It seems to shake more after a long drive.

i have driven manual cars for about 13 years (9 years and 190,000 miles with Integra), and can do simple work such as changing all the fluids and know how car should run, but i'm not a mechanic. Has anyone had this sort of experience? Can anyone shed some light on what might be the problem?

i had really good experience with Integra, and i thought i could take RSX for 200,000 miles, but this doesn't look probable at this point.

Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions.
    You need to demonstrate the trouble to the service manager, and let them go to town on it. It could be anything from a bad injector to an improperly gapped spark plug, or about fifty other things.

Don't be shy about using the warranty -- you paid for it!
  • michiganmanmichiganman Member Posts: 65
    himlier is right - go back to the dealer and do not take no for an answer. That is totally unacceptable for a new car, especially an Acura.
    Hi Mr. John Spencer,

Thanks for your advice and comment. It's funny that you mentioned that this problem may be due to bad fuel injector. Although RSX only requires 87 octane gas, when i put in 93 octane gas, it did run a little smoother than before. i know you're not a mechanic, but by a chance, do you know if there are any correlation between the two?
    I.e., would higher octane gas compensate, to a degree, for faulty fuel injector?

i have contacted and made an appointment with the dealership in conjunction with Honda America(parent company of Acura) for diagnostic test in June. But i think more knowledge i have about this sort of problem, better i will be prepared to ask right or intelligent questions to the dealership and Honda America.

Thanks again for showing interest in my problem. i nearly emptied out my checking account to buy this RSX, and i hope i can have this car running good as my old Integra.

bobby.
    Please, call me Spence.

Running higher-octane fuel would not compensate for a faulty injector by itself.

If the problem was helped by the fuel, the problem might lie in the sensors that determine the air-fuel mix ratio.

In other words, the car might be running either too lean or too rich, or could be experiencing some monster spark knock. I'm certainly no mechanic, but a bucking engine is not a Honda/Acura trait, and is an indication that something is seriously rotten in Denmark.

Once the service folk do their diagnostic rain dance, they should be able to pinpoint the problem straight away. If they aren't able to give you a definitive answer on the problem, I'd seek out a second opinion at another Acura or even Honda dealer. (Save any receipts for reimbursement by your dealer.)

Also, be sure to call the Acura customer assistance line and go "on record" that your new car out of whack, and that you reasonably expected otherwise.

Good luck, and please keep us posted (if you don't mind) -- I'd like to know what the trouble with your RSX is!
    Hi Spence,
    i have been in contact with Acura Customer Service, and they are aware of my RSX problems. You lost me a bit when you wrote that
    1) "car might be running either too lean or too rich". This would just require adjustment to car? And if so, what needs to be adjusted?
    2) "or could be experiencing some monster spark knock." Spark plug problem? If so, adjust or replace spark plugs?
    3) "..., but a bucking engine is not a Honda/Acura trait, and is an indication that something is seriously rotten in Denmark." Although car sometimes shake when i shut off the engine, there is no sudden jerky movements from the engine while i'm driving the car. Okay, Denmark is known for their cheese... and the analogy you're making in relation to my car is...

Thanks again for your helpful opinion and advice. i'll let you know what they find in the diagnostic test in June.

Have a good holiday!
  • nitromaxnitromax Member Posts: 640
    i have been in contact with Acura Customer Service, and they are aware of my RSX problems. You lost me a bit when you wrote that
    1) "car might be running either too lean or too rich". This would just require adjustment to car? And if so, what needs to be adjusted?

The adjustment would be in the computer. It controls how much fuel is needed per the amount of air being taken into the engine. Too rich would be too much fuel....too lean would be too little fuel.
    Another problem with the engine may just be the O2 sensor (Oxygen sensor)...if that is giving off a bad reading perhaps because it's loose or shorted, that would give false readings to the computer.

2) "or could be experiencing some monster spark knock." Spark plug problem? If so, adjust or replace spark plugs?

It could be that simple. A bad spark plug may be misfiring...something like that is noticed more on a 4 cyl engine than it is on an 8 cyl engine. Or one of the spark plug wires may have been damaged and is losing it's "juice" via a short.

Good luck with whatever problem you are having.
    Hi,
    Thanks for your advice and good wishes. i'll mention them to the Acura Service Rep. when he runs the diagnostic tests on my RSX.
    Take care.
  • kovalaskovalas Member Posts: 1
    Was wondering if anyone has had trouble/problems with the paint. I have a few spots on each bumper where the paint has fallen off. I also have five spots on the hood directly above the grill that have rusted and I'm told that that is totally normal, eventhough the car is 9 months old. Was wondering if anyone had similar experiences or any advice.
  • 719b719b Member Posts: 216
    who told you that it's normal for a car to show rust after 9 months?
    it seems to me that every time anyone on this thread has a problem, he is told "that's normal".
    one guy said he burns a quart of oil every few thousand miles and he's told it's normal. rust is normal after a few months. noises from the dash is normal. notchy 2nd gear is normal.
    anyone with any common sense knows that none of this is "normal". if it's normal, you should have been told by the dealership before you buy what to expect.
    the truth is i think the car has a few design flaws and they don't know how to fix it.
  • tmc1688tmc1688 Member Posts: 28
    Hi folks,

I got my RSX-S for 6 months now and it seems there is an alignment problem I believe. Everytime I go in a straight line I have to turn the steering wheel about 5 degrees to the right to maintain a straightline. The tire pressure is normal and the pavement is level but I still have to turn the steering a little to the right to maintain a straightline. Thanks in advance. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • beowulf7beowulf7 Member Posts: 290
    Your alignment is probably out of whack. Did you hit a curb or bad pothole? Take it to a mechanic (like Firestone) and maybe get the lifetime wheel alignment service.
    Honda Service Rep. ran a diagnostic test on my RSX using DPSM (Scan Tester) and found my RSX has 7.5 degree for Spark Advance, where norm, according to Scan Tester display, is 13 – 18 degree. He felt that, right after the test, indicated norm may be incorrect, and told me he will contact Honda technician to confirm this. Few days later he called back and told me what was displayed on the Scan Tester as norm is incorrect; the correct norm for Spark Advance, according to Honda Repair Manual, is 8 degree, plus or minus 2 degree. Can anyone confirm this? The Honda Service Rep. seemed like honest guy, but having seen the display of 13 – 18 degree as the norm for the Spark Advance on the Scan Tester, i do have a slight skepticism about what is true norm.

The DPSM(Scan Tester) read Oxygen Sensor (HO2S S1) between -5.45 and –19.32 when he stepped on accelerator. According to Scan Tester display, '-' is lean, '0' is ideal, '+' is rich. When i asked him what is the numeric range for the Oxygen Sensor; he just told me this is within the factory specification, and nothing needs to be adjusted. Again, he seemed like a nice guy, but he never gave me the range, so it's hard for me to judge how lean the test results indicate my car to be. Does anyone know the range? Is this reading too lean? He also suggested that i go read an automotive repair book and see for myself why 'lean' is better for my car.

Well, i have spent a lot of time with sales person, service manager, general manager, Acura customers service, and Honda service rep. for this problem; including a half vacation day for the diagnostic test. i'm weary and some-what regretful for purchasing RSX. i keep thinking, if i can turn back the hands of time, i would have purchased Accord or Celica...
    Was wondering if anyone has had trouble/problems with the paint. I have a few spots on each bumper where the paint has fallen off. I also have five spots on the hood directly above the grill that have rusted and I'm told that that is totally normal, eventhough the car is 9 months old. Was wondering if anyone had similar experiences or any advice.

I have the same thing with mine, but I also have over 40,000 miles now.
    Is it normal? no, usually not (as 719b suggested), but keep in mind that the RSX has an extremely sloped nose which gives it excellent aerodynamics. This extremely sloped nose is taking the brunt of the air....and dirt...and bugs that you drive through, as opposed to some typical sedan that has a large/flat front grill.

Because of this, all of those particles act like a sandblaster on the front of the car.....destroying the paint. I'm thinking of looking into that 3m stuff that was mentioned earlier....I don't know if I'd like a bra on my car though.

So is it normal? I'd say for most cars no, but for the RSX, yes....unfortunately

BTW, I noticed this past winter while driving on the highway with snow on my roof. The snow, while flying off of my roof, made a perfect tapered line down the middle of the car while hugging the hatchback window. Most cars just throw the snow everywhere behind the vehicle.
    The RSX has nice aerodynamics....and it's due in part to that huge sloping nose....just something to think about.

my .02
    Sorry to hear about your car. Wish I could provide more insight.

Maybe it will blow up soon and you can get it replaced with a good one.
    :-)
  • durian21durian21 Member Posts: 2
    Last March, I posted about noises coming from the dash and hatch. I thought I followed up on this issue since quite a few people are also complaining about the same problem.

I took my car to the dealer (3) times to fix 1) rattling in the dash 2) hatch. Both problems did not get fixed completely although the situation seemed improved. The rattling is still there but mainly over very rough surface or bumps. And it seems to go away after running the car a while.

The hatch noise also decreased. At least now, it occurs more rarely and a '2' level music drowns it. Previously, the hatch was squeking like a squirrel.

Has anybody out there with these problems got their problems fixed? Let me know what's the problem and how it got fixed? If not, anyone talked/wrote to Acura - the manufacturer - directly about these noises? I plan to because I think the dealers can't seemed to fix them judging from my experience and what I read here. I think Acura need to issue a TSB or some form of instructions to address this "poor" workmanship.

I also understand what kayek1 said about more noises coming up...I have new noises now. Almost like jiggling from the A/C outlet left side of dash. Anybody with this problem too?

I think in long run, more noises are going to pop up...the fact that the car is a little stiff do not seem to be helping....

It is sad that Acura is associated with such quality...
    That -19.32 number sounds way low to me, particularly with the throttle opened. Part of the method to get LEV status is to have a lean mix, but I'm not convinced by the tech's explanation.

Obviously, if the car's not running smoothly, then there's something wrong with either the spark/timing advance module or the O2 sensor.
    Hi Spence,

What more can i do?

Honda Service Rep. told me Spark Advance and Oxygen Sensor (HO2S S1) readings are within the factory specification, and he will not make any adjustment to my RSX.

i'm bit weary from dealing with so many people over last three weeks with so little results. i don't think slightly off Spark Advance nor the leanness of my RSX will damage the engine, so i'm thinking about just letting this one go and live with the roughness of my RSX.

The readings i mentioned above from the DPSM(Scan Tester) are accurate; i sat next to him and wrote them down as he tested them. If you happen to come across what is norm for Spark Advance and Oxygen Sensor (HO2S S1), perhaps you can share them with me. Only when i can prove the readings from my RSX indicate that something is off, and only then, i think he will make adjustment to my RSX.

Thanks for everything.
    Bobby:

Regardless of whether or not your car checks "within specs," it should not be running or driving rough.

I'd suggest you make an appointment to have your Acura dealer's service manager take a ride with you so that you can demonstrate for them the trouble your car is experiencing. For comparison purposes, you might ask to drive a RSX from dealer inventory -- it should help to emphasize your car's odd behavior.

I'm bummed for you that you're getting a bit of a runaround on this.
    himiler said:
    I'd suggest you make an appointment to have your Acura dealer's service manager take a ride with you so that you can demonstrate for them the trouble your car is experiencing. For comparison purposes, you might ask to drive a RSX from dealer inventory -- it should help to emphasize your car's odd behavior.

Taking another car for a drive is a good idea.

If possible, perhaps there's another dealer in your area that may be able to help. I have three all within an hours drive of me (in different directions)....and I've noticed that one in particular has superior service compared to another one that I've dealt with.

I don't know if this helps, but I've also found in past experience, that vacuum leaks can make an engine run rough. I'm not sure how the RSX's engine is set up though.
    Hi Spence,

i've already done that. Before i bought my current RSX, i test drove one at the dealership, but i wanted a different color, but i didn't test drive the one i ended up purchasing. i subsequently went back and test drove another RSX, and that one along with the first RSX that i test drove, drove smoothly.

Service Manager test drove my car few days after i purchased it, and told me he could hear excessive noise coming from drive train, and suggestd that i drive 1,000 miles and let him test drive again. After about 750 miles, the roughness showed no sign of dissipation, so when i went to pick up license plates, i mention that to him and he changed his mind, and told me he didn't think the noise was excessive.

He told me if i still want to pursue this problem, he would make an appointment with Honda America in California, and a tech. person would come out here and work on the problem. He told me they have 26 days to resolve this problem, and i would have to take a loaner car while they worked on my car.

It didn't quiet turn out to be what the Service Manager said it would happen. i ended up talking to the general manager of the dealership, and after i explained to him the difference between my RSX and the other RSXs that i test drove before and after i purchased my RSX, he made an appointment for me with a local Honda Service Rep. to test drive the same RSX that i test drove.

When Honda Service Rep. told me there wasn't much of difference after test driving both RSXs, i test drove the other RSX and noticed that car also felt rough. i know this sounds a little weird, but when i test drove the other RSX few days earlier, it drove smoothly.

When i went to the dearlership to test drive the other RSX, i went in to check specific conditions. i wanted to see whether car would shift smoothly from one gear to another and at what RPM it would begin to feel rough. My car feels rough even between 2000 and 3000 RPM, but the other RSX felt smooth upto around 3,250 RPM.

i can't explain why the other RSX felt rough, but it was not rough when i test drove it few days earlier.

After all the phone calls, test drivings, and diagnostic test, i'm still at home plate feeling exhausted.
    Bobby,

How's your mileage? Does your RSX start right away, or do you have to crank it for more than 3 seconds? Are you running premium fuel?
    Hi Spence,

Although i haven't measured the MPG, it seems okay. It starts right away. Although RSX manual states that 86 octane is okay for RSX, i've been using 93 octane, and higher octane seems to make my RSX run smoother. This is may be nothing, but my RSX seems to run smoother when gas tank is about half full to almost empty; whereas when it's full, it seems to run just a tad rougher. Every time i drive my RSX, i put on my scientist hat, and start analyzing the car. In any case, i'm beginning to get use to the roughness, and in another few months, i should start to appreciate more of the pros of my RSX, such as great handling of sharp turns, and become oblivious to the roughness.

After doing the research on RSX, and discovering that it only required an oil change every 10,000 miles and first tune-up after 110,000 miles, my original expectation of my RSX was 200,000 miles, but now i've lowered it to 100,000...
    After doing the research on RSX, and discovering that it only required an oil change every 10,000 miles and first tune-up after 110,000 miles, my original expectation of my RSX was 200,000 miles, but now i've lowered it to 100,000...

I change mine every 5,000 miles. I don't care what the manual says. In a perfect world your car would have fresh oil constantly pouring over the moving parts. The more often you change it, the better you are....but obviously, changing it every week or month is silly because the oil is designed to last longer than that.
    In the old days, I would change my oil every 2-3000 miles....Acura says 10,000. I say meet in the middle at 5,000.
    Strangely though, my dealer schedules me for an oil change every 5,000 miles (so we agree there). Most likely because I was putting about 3000 miles per month on my car making it fall under severe service requirements.
    (himiler has got me beat by a longshot though)
    BTW, I believe himiler is up over 100,000 miles already.
    113K on my '01 Prelude, actually. :D
  • unagidonunagidon Member Posts: 20
    you own a RSX and a Prelude? Which do you like more? I used to drive a 98 Prelude (base), and really liked it. It's more "forgiving" I find, in the city to drive, and has more power. However, I find the RSX (base) much lighter, and agile, so it's a toss-up for me.
    I went from a '98 GS-R hatch to the Prelude. The RSX-S was on my list of contenders to replace the GS-R until I drove it and decided that there wasn't enough of a difference to justify dumping the Integra.

On the way home from the Acura store, I stopped and tried a Prelude. Game over!

My other car is a 00' Impreza 2.5RS sedan. Slow, but fun.
  • tnjrobi1tnjrobi1 Member Posts: 41
    I've had my RSX-S since March 28, 03. I've noticed that since the weather is getting hotter here in TN my clutch has some chatter on hot days while the A/C is on. (It makes a chattering noise when I have it pushed halfway in, once I go past the halfway point it quits making the noise.)

Is it normal for the clutch on the RSX-S to make a noise when you push the clutch in? If so why does it only seem to do it when the outside temp is over 85 deg. F?

Other than this noise my RSX-S has been great. I already have 4,500 miles on it. It gets around 25 MPG around the city and around 31 MPG on the interstate.

The only complaints I have are:

The A/C really sucks the power out of it.
    The seats are a little stiff for long trips.
    The road noise is a little loud.
  • abcbuckuabcbucku Member Posts: 2
    Just bought my '03 Type-S last week - 650 miles on it now

No probs so far - I do notice a notchy 1st to 2nd and also the car is rough/jerks slightly when I remove my foot from the gas in 1st/2nd/3rd at low speeds - but, as said before, I think this is all normal when you buy a manual!

I'm just worried becasue my VIN ends in 19thousand something and was told that their are some problems (and possibly a TSB) with anything under 31thousand, plus all these oil/rattling discussionsare giving me some discomfort. So, should I be worried?
    Wow, how did you figure out the MPG(both city and interstate) so accurately?

Back to your Q. i know clutch merely pulls on a cable when you press on it, and i think there is a spring that pushes it back when you release it. When i release my clutch, after about 90%, i some time hear a twang. Perhaps the chattering noise is coming from this spring.
    Humm...

The VIN # of my RSX is under 31,000. Where did you hear that there are problems with TSB? TSB stands for?
    TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

It's like a mini recall sent out by a manufacturer for the service techs at the dealers.
    For more information, check out this Edmunds' article: You, Your Vehicle and the Technical Service Bulletin (TSB).

Revka
    Host
  • abcbuckuabcbucku Member Posts: 2
    well I heard about them in automotiveforums.com. The site is under maintenance now, but may be up again soon - just do a search for TSB in the Acura/Honda -> RSX section
    Hi Spence,
    Looks like your hunch may have hit something here; i.e., last time I filled up the car with fuel, i did it after driving 10 miles to a gas station after the low fuel indicator light came on. When i filled it up, the fuel nozzle kept clicking off, and i was only able to fill it with 10.073 gallons. The gas capacity for RSX is 13.2 gallons. According to RSX Owner's Manual (page 156), this may indicate a problem with the on-board fueling vapor recovery system, and i should consult the dealer. By the way, last time i was only able to fill it with less than 10 gallons, and the average MPG turned out to be 33 miles/gallon, and i do about 60 highway/ 40 city driving.

One other thing. i've always heard squeaking noise coming from the rear of the car since I bought the car, and after examining the hood on the hatchback, i concluded it was loose. However as i got used the noise, i was able to discern two different noises. The noise from the hood happens whenever I go over a bump, but periodically another squeaking noise occured. i couldn't figure out the other noise, but few days ago, i measured the distance from the rear quarter panel to the tire, and the right rear side is about 1/4 inch lower than the left side. What do you make of this? Thanks in advance for your helpful insight and suggestions.
    When the low fuel light comes on, you still have a bit over 2 gallons left in the tank, so the fact that you could only put in 10 gal. is not realy suspect. I regularly run my Prelude until the needle is below the "E" mark, and have yet to put in more than 14.7 gallons (my tank holds 15.9.)

It sounds like you car is getting great mileage, though. Does it still feel rough on some days and not on others?

I'm not sure what would account for a .25-inch difference in the wheel well areas. I'd bring this to your dealer's attention and ask them to inspect the rear suspension for potential mis-alignment.

To my knowledge, the RSX's hatch seems to be a trouble spot for noise and rattles. Both of my Integras had mild hatch clunking, but not until they reached the 90,000-mile mark.

Be well!
    Hi Spence,

Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

With my Integra, i often went below 'E' and i knew i had a gallon or two left in the car. But in this case, i'm only able to fill the car with about 10 gallons of fuel after the low-fuel warning light comes on at 'E'; and that indicates there is over 3 gallons of fuel still left in the tank?

My RSX still feels rough, but 93 Octane gas makes it run smoother. Yeah, i'm getting good gas mileage, but at what cost?
  • kayek1kayek1 Member Posts: 5
    I posted several months ago in this thread concerning my disappointing experience and finally had enough. I fixed ALL my problems... I got rid of my RSX Type-S! Purchased a Mercedes C230 Kompressor for only $4000 more than the original 2002 RSX price. No more rattles, no more rough ride, no more replacement struts, no more transmission 1-2 synchro replacements, and most importantly, no more getting ANGRY at the rough ride and loud noises every single time I got in the car. The Mercedes is a dream. For only a small amount more, you get 5 times the quality. If you are looking to buy an RSX, go check out the Mercedes!
    The MB Coupe is a really nice car, but it has a boat anchor of a motor, and lacks the RSX's reflexes.

Good to hear you found something to make you happy. Nothing's more frustrating than trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear.
  • rsxseattle02rsxseattle02 Member Posts: 1
    Is anyone else having problems with a strong, rotten-egg smell coming out the exhaust and air vents? I have a 2002 RSX and I can't drive it with the windows down or the fresh air coming in without being bothered by the smell. I've notified Acura and brought it to the dealer several times, but they said it is a "characteristic of the car" and it might go away with time. I now have 13,000 miles and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I've tried every type and grade of gasoline. A service rep for Acura said this is a common complaint (for which there is no fix) but I haven't seen anything posted on here about it. I've owned several Acura's and never had this problem before purchasing the RSX.
    The smell is a byproduct of the catalytic converter in your exhaust system. A lot of new cars (mainly japanese) put out that smell...mine did it for awhile also. It should go away when the car gets broken in more. I have 41,000 and don't smell it anymore.(it went away around 20,000)
  • beowulf7beowulf7 Member Posts: 290
    I'm happy for you that you now have a car you are happy with (C230 coupe). What kind of trade in value did you get for your RSX-S?

I thought about the C230, but no local dealerships had the M/T version of that car, so I only was able to test drive the auto, which was way too slow for me, not to mention not as good a handler. I'm assuming you got M/T?
  • vickatvickat Member Posts: 43
    Hi everyone,
    Just bought 03 RSX base, and found its engine bay is "see-through". Front wheel wells aren't sealed from inside with shields; look into the well, and you can see through the engine bay and into the opposite wheel well. I wonder if you driving down wet road and make a turn, front wheels would splash water/snow into the engine bay. Checked all the RSX's on the lot - same picture. Internal side of the front wheel wells does have 4 punched holes, ostensibly for the shields. Whadda I do, try to seal'em myself?
    Thanks for the input - Victor
  • kerrydkerryd Member Posts: 3
    My '03 RSX w/ 6800 miles over heated a few days ago. I had it towed to the dealership and it turns out that something must have struck it. It has a small hole in it after they re filled it anti freeze it was leaking in a steady stream.

Whats strange is that when I called there the first thing the woman that answered said was, Maybe a rock hit your radiator, like it was a common occurrence. Has anyone heard of this? Isn't this a sign a poor design? If you look at the right side of your car where it looks like a fog light should go the hole was right behind there. Shouldn't it be protected?

Is $750 about right for a radiator?? Repairmen love to take advantage of me.