Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here (retired discussion, please see the new one)

Comments

• Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Just 2 cents, but it keeps trickling down.

-juice
  • Options
    bryanbryan Member Posts: 198
    Monday the Sunoco station at I66/Glebe Road in Arlington, VA was 3.05 for 87 octane. Yesterday afternoon it was 2.89. Same price this morning when I passed by at 5:40am. Will be interesting to see what it is tonight, with Hurricane Rita bearing down to the Texas gulf coast.
  • Options
    ghuletghulet Member Posts: 2,564
    Haven't bought gas in a few days, but I noticed at probably the priciest Shell in town (Chicago and Orleans, right off the Kennedy Expressway downtown), regular is down to $2.989, so it should be at least a dime cheaper everywhere else.

As an aside, why is it that Philadelphia's gas is like 10-15 cents higher than Chicago's when usually it's the other way around? Lemko? Anyone?
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Here's a link to the pricing at a national chain of fuel stops

http://www.flyingj.com/fuel/gasoline_CF.cfm?state=ALL

Still low supplies in Gulfport, MS which makes sense, but they have one closed location in Beach, ND. I guess it IS a long haul to get up there!
  • Options
    dmack1dmack1 Member Posts: 1
    gas is 2.99 in tucson. i heard that the prices are going to go to a all time high when hurrican rita hits.
  • Options
    randyt2randyt2 Member Posts: 81
    $2.769 at an Arco for 87 octane. Two weeks ago I passed a gas station in the morning and it was $2.699, and on the same evening it jumped to $2.809.
  • Options
    bottgersbottgers Member Posts: 2,030
    With this next hurricane about to hit, how high will prices go this time? $4? $5?
  • Options
    Who knows, remember Atlanta saw $6 prices from some gouging stations.

-juice
  • Options
    lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    ...Regular is now $2.919 at the Hess station near work, down three cents from Monday.
  • Options
    210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    Sheetz and Exxon are still holding at $2.599 for 87, but Citgo nearby went up 10 cents to $2.699.

I filled up my Frontier yesterday at Exxon, as it was about 3/8 full, in anticipation of another panic.

I also filled up my totally dry 2 1/2 gallon gas can for the mowers, at a different Exxon (nearest my house), at $2.779/gallon. Total was $7!
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Everything down from last week...

Sunoco truck stop, Palisades Park NJ

87 - $2.879
    89 - $2.979
    93 - $3.079
    94 - $3.119
    diesel - $2.659

Mt. Arlington Exxon, Mt. A, NJ

87 - $2.979
    89 - $3.119
    93 - $3.249
    (still too afraid to find out what diesel is... have to go to the pump itself to find out)

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    Sunoco Ultra is now $3.119. Not as low as pre-Katrina, but close. Regular is $2.839. Maybe oil companies won't gouge us in fear of a backlash?
  • Options
    When have the oil companies ever refrained from gouging the consumer for fear of a backlash?
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A reporter requests to speak with someone who has changed their driving behavior in light of rising gas prices. Are you accelerating slower, carpooling, not making as many trips as you did, or other? If so, please respond to pr@edmunds.com TODAY (Thurs., Sept. 22) with your day/evening contact number with the latest time you can be phoned and a brief description of you recent experiences.

Thanks for participating and getting your story read in this major daily newspaper!
  • Options
    randyt2randyt2 Member Posts: 81
    Here is a link to an oil shale article.
  • Options
    87 - $2.65
    89 - $2.75
    Prem- $2.95
  • Options
    Central VA:

Citgo: Up another 10 cents by late afternoon, to $2.799/gal. That's 20 cents in just 24 hours.

So-called "Lowest Price" followed, with an 11-cent increase to $2.699.

Meanwhile, Sheetz and Exxon are standing pat at $2.599.
  • Options
    I think oil barrel prices will give a boost to a lot of alternate energy sources or even sourcing. Perhaps in the long-run this would be the one benefit out of all this.

-juice
  • Options
    andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,687
    the local Shell has shot up a bit, to something like $2.979/$3.039/$3.139, as seen on my way into work this morning.
  • Options
    Prices seem to be holding steady - probably as they are already too high. It's $2.83 for Sunoco Regular and $3.11 for Ultra. I filled my 1989 Cadillac Brougham after the meet which was about 30 miles away. She only used about $10 worth of Ultra.
  • Options
    Very minor Rita effect around here.

-juice
  • Options
    Thanks to a couple of local radio talk show hosts who stupidly said on the air last Thursday that everyone should go out and fill up or top off NOW before any price increase from the hurricane hits, we got a 14 cent bump this morning, which seems out of line with what everyone else is reporting.

A great illustration of how panic CAN affect things short term :mad:
  • Options
    ...I did something I NEVER do (except for starting out on long trips) -- I topped off the tanks in both of my vehicles before Rita. (So go ahead and smack me upside the head!) But I saw what happened with Katrina, and I had luckily filled up before that storm hit too, so I was able to "ride out" the rapid rise. By the time I needed to fill up again, sanity was back.

So I did the same with this storm. I can make it two weeks in my Frontier, about 3 in my Camry, long enough for prices to come back down (I hope).
  • Options
    This morning's news reports included reports about the damage that didn't happen to the refineries, and that oil and gas futures were down, and it was almost as though they were disappointed that they didn't have anything horrible to report.

They tried to recover by saying that it will take some time for the two refineries that DID shut down operations to reopen and get back up to speed. Always look for ther darkest cloud seems to be the motto now.
  • Options
    andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,687
    I did the same thing, taking both my convertible and pickup to the gas station and topping them off last Thursday at lunch, and getting the Intrepid topped off that evening. I'm hoping that I'll be able to go awhile before filling up again, and prices will be back down when I do!
  • Options
    I filled up on the way to the beach (because I had to) but not on the way back, which I usually do. We have 3 cars so that one can probably stay parked until 2 weeks from now, when we'll be making another road trip.

I'm betting that by then gas will be down again.

-juice
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    No change from last time IIRC, 2.87/2.97/3.07
  • Options
    jesmannjesmann Member Posts: 5
    Most stations around Saint Louis are 2.799 for 87 reg
  • Options
    Back down to $2.69 for 87 in State College. The Flying J truck stop on I-80 was at $2.63
  • Options
    Regular is now $2.839 at the Hess station on Oxrford and Levick in NE Philly. Sunoco Regular is $2.819. Lowest price gas is still $2.799 at Wawa and other no-name places.
  • Options
    .....some of you are reporting price drops, while prices here in the Chicagoland area have gone up .10 or so. This area has always been one of the most notorious for gouging.....looks like they will continue to live up to that rep.
  • Options
    Up 10 cents from yesterday morning 2.899 for 87 reg 2.999 mid and 3.099 prem
    Up from 2.559 before rita and 2.389 before Katrina....high price after Katrina 3.199
  • Options
    Had an increase last week but it's been flat since.

-juice
  • Options
    Odd day... about 10 this morning I filled up at $2.69. When I drove by at 4:30 this afternoon the price was at $2.74, and when I pssed by 20 minutes later it was at $2.84
  • Options
    jlawrence01jlawrence01 Member Posts: 1,757
    $2.64 all week long at Sam's Club, $2.69 at most others.
  • Options
    as of yesterday afternoon raised another 10 cents to reg-87 2.999, 89 3.099, 93 3.199....also noticed diesel 2.999

3 straight days of increase of a dime a day
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Mobil, NJ4 west, Hackensack NJ

87 - $2.899
    89 - $2.999
    93 - $3.099
    diesel - $2.799

27.75 gallons of D, a rather annoying $77.65...

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    litesong1litesong1 Member Posts: 39
    In Monroe, Wa ARCO sells for $2.69. I have 2 hi-mileage cars. Listening to TV reports about rising or dropping gas price stories, I try to use one car as a reserve to time whether I should fuel up or not. I seldom guess right. I think the TV stories are floated by the gas companies to get people to pay the most on any particular day.
  • Options
    State College, PA at $2.79
  • Options
    Up a dime. Weird.

Oil barrels are down, so we should see prices drop again soon.

-juice
  • Options
    Slight Rita effect here. Gasoline is up 3 at the Sunoco at Verree and Rhawn in NE Philly. Regular is $2.849, Mid-grade is $2.949, and Super is $3.049. Curiously, Ultra 94 is only up one cent to $3.129.
  • Options
    Lowest prices in central VA are $2.999 for 87 with the usual 10-cent spread for the higher grades.

I topped up both vehicles before Rita and am hoping to ride out the panic again (as for Katrina), but I heard that 20% of refinery capacity is out for now.
  • Options
    We took a road trip in rural VA this weekend, and it was very strange. In some remote places, where you'd expect gas to be a heck of a lot cheaper than in the city, it actually cost more. I saw some places with gas for $3.30.

I used to go to places like that and find gas for significantly less, not more. Odd.

Ended up getting gas on my way back, when I was already in Reston, VA. Saved a bunch, too!

-juice
  • Options
    Price seems to be not so stable here and jittering a little again. $2.79 is the high, but most places were flipping back to $2.75 yesterday
  • Options
    .....why prices have jumped again. The reports I heard were that Rita caused little if any damage to refineries. If anything, prices should be dropping. I can hear the excuses now; "we were expecting higher prices due to damage from Rita, but when the damage didn't occure, we had to make up for the expected higher prices we didn't get." When the oil industry runs out of ligitimate reasons for price gouging, they make up reasons.
  • Options
    I'm as frustrated as anyone with the way prices are determined, but the offices of the oil companies are not where the prices are set. The futures market is the place where these prices are being set. That seems to be the place where reasons are being found to run up prices. And it's been a while since anything but raw emotion has had an effect on the price.
  • Options
    ...are at least 10 cents higher than the city. Curiously, South Philly prices are greater than the Northeast.
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    Up 2 cents here at the Chevron I patronize....for no particular reason than just a little more profiteering, I am certain.

The market is broken, the trickle-downers need to realize it.
  • Options
    rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    "The market is broken, the trickle-downers need to realize it."

And what do you propose the trickle-downers should do about it?

Here's one solution: USE LESS GAS.

What kind of mileage are you getting in your MB? 20mpg?
  • Options
    Let's keep this to reporting local gas prices and not get into trying to prove something here.

Not a shocker, but discussing gas prices has been a regular part of our chats lately. Stop in tonight and we can kick them around some more.

PF Flyer
    Host
    News & Views, Wagons, & Hybrid Vehicles

The weekly Mazda Club Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule
This discussion has been closed.