Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Range Rover

Comments

• jslr27jslr27 Member Posts: 5
    So if one were to get the SC RR with Rear Seat Entertainment Option, they would not be able to get this headrest?

http://sitespecific.dealerskins.com//LandRoverNorthPoint/inventoryimages/6569266- _Ta.jpg

I, personally, love the design of the above headrest, it looks much more luxurious than the other one.

So it's not going to be possible to order an RR SC with Ivor/Aspen/Aspen?

Thanks again for the great amount of helpful information you have provided me!
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Nope can't get those head rests with the factor RSE system.

Yes you can get any SC Range Rover with any interior you want. There are no restrictions on the SC range rover from interior/exterior or wood choices.
  • psa1psa1 Member Posts: 2
    I have a White 06 SC RR and opted for the regular luxury seats because I wanted the Sand colored interior (w/black piping and sand carpet)instead of the ivory or black. The ivory is really white and the black was just too hot for me. My seats are not perforated. I still have everything else standard on the SC (black interior dash, etc.) I am not familiar with the different headrest and I did not put in the rear entertainment. As for the Giverny Green, I have only seen the HSE, sorry.
  • sam818sam818 Member Posts: 127
    Interesting observations.
    I have a 2006 RR SC, in Chawton White, with Ivory interior and Jet piping/carpeting, and my headrests are as those in the picture, (no RSE) and yes, they are different from the headrests in the HSE.
    BUT.... with regard to the Ivory/Aspen/Aspen, that may still only be available with certain exterior colors, because with Chawton White I tried to order that combo, to no avail. I would also say that the cherry trim looks great with the Ivory. Ordering a SC was the ONLY way I could get Cherry with a white exterior.
  • andysroverandysrover Member Posts: 2
    I currently own a bmw 650ci and am considering to purchase a 06 sport SC Rover. Are there going to be any changes on the 07 models? Also is there really a limited amount of sport SC Rovers out there? The dealerhships I've talked to are only willing to go down $1000 on MSRP. Also I am goign to be lesing hte vehicle and wondering what dealerships are charging for miles over the limit? I have been quoted $1200/mo for 36months and 18k miles/yr with no money down. Sounds a bit high. Any suggestions and recommedndations would be appreciated!!
    Thanks for claifying that up for me. I wonder why Land Rover would allow those headrests with the factory RSE in the HSE, but not in the SC. Any chance of them changing that anytime soon?

If one were to order a Range Rover SC with no factory RSE, would it be best to get the dealer to install the RSE screens in the headrests? Someone a few houses down from me, has the Rosen Screens installed in the headrests for their 2004 RR, are they similar to the factory ones?

Thanks again!
    I think the Ivory/Aspen/Aspen is only available with the two green shades (Giverny and Tonga). IMHO, the Ivory/Aspen/Aspen with Cherry Wood is very elegant.
    I think that if you are planning on ordering a RR SC, it may be too late to order an '06...not sure when the cut-off is (British_Rover ???) so you would be looking at an '07, which has a lot of good upgrades (cooled seats, electronic park brake, but a few negatives, like repositioned ignition, and an obscured transmission selector indicator).
    I am not sure when you will be able to order this, and when it may be delivered.
    Last year I ordered an '06 in July, and it was not delivered until November '05.
    We have been cut off from ordering 2006 Range Rovers for over two months now.

This was in order for the factory to be retooled for 2007 production. Just looking at my production pipeline the last 2006 Range Rover is set to be built in August. We won't even get that car till the end of September.

So 2007 MY Range Rovers won't be coming in till October at the earliest and you would probably be able to order them in July.

All Range Rovers with the Lux interior and RSE options have the funny pillow headrests. I have never seen a non-lux Range Rover with the RSE option so no idea what those head rests look like.

If you look at the interior/exterior color matrix in the Range Rover brocure you will see at the bottom that it says...

Supercharged models are avaliable in all color and trim combinations and come standard with luxury-interior-package seating.
  • pfolkpfolk Member Posts: 70
    I sincerely hope Land Rover will move quickly to make the TDV8 available for North American models of the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport. Specs on the new engine sound great and there are many prospective buyers out there--including me--who have been holding off waiting for a diesel. Hopefully DaimlerChrysler's decision to put the Merc CRD in the Grand Cherokee will be another nudge for Ford in the right direction.
    I would guess that there will be two hurdles to cross.

The first one will be emissions compliance which should be the easist. If Land Rover/Jaguar/Ford did not design such a fantastic engine to meet the upcoming diesel emissions requirements then that is a serious misstep on their part.

The second hurdle will be production capacity. There is probably not enough production capacity to supply Europe and the rest of the world with this diesel and also supply the US.

Limiting the avaliblity of this engine to just the Range Rover first will help and then once production capacity can be exspanded some make it avaliable in the LR3/RRS and various Jaguars.

I am just dreaming of a XK8 Vanden Plas with a slightly ligher version of this engine.
  • rover_usarover_usa Member Posts: 24
    Hey this is great...I like this board better than the old RR and RRS Prices Paid and Buying Experiences!!

Now to my question:

I have a 2006 RR HSE and have recently asked the dealership to configure the vehicle so that the doorlocks engage on drive-away AND single-entry access.

This is the default behavior on a Disco (we also have a 2003 Disco).

However, I cannot find anything in the manual for RR HSE that indicates that another Disco behavior is available: driver key removeal or engine-off triggers door unlock.

This is another default behavior on the Disco.

Is this something that the RR HSE can be configured to do?

Do I have to take it back to the dealership to get this configured?

Richard
    BTW,

I absolutely love the navigation system in my RR HSE 2006.
    I have used it extensively on a recent trip up to North Carolina and it is really informative: gives great information on where places to eat are and gas stations. It even steers you back to course when you get off of its recommended route (did this accidentially, but then did it again on purpose just to tax it).
    Also, you can tell it to make a route based upon major roads or back ways or avoid toll roads...quite nice.

As far as interiors go, I too loved the Ivory interior, but opted for the upgraded interior in Gray with Jet piping because when I look at a two year old Ivory interior I was shock at how dirty and easily dirtied they become.

Because I opted for the Gray, I also got the Black Exterior and the Light Cherry wood grain...the combination is quite attractive...though, I do still think the Ivory is more classier looking...just my 0.02USD worth.
    The radio presents me with just a bit of annoyance.

I have it set to show the Data associated with a given station (if they send the Data stream - RDS I think it is called).

When I am listening to a station that receives RDS the information is displayed...great no problem.

But when I change to another station, the RDS data that was displayed for the previous station remains displayed in the indentification for the previous station.

That is it over writes the station's call letters or frequency that I put in for it.

So it makes it difficult to recognize that station again (except by its location on the screen).

It anyone else has noticed this and/or figured out how to make the station call letters or name return when you leave that station please let me know.

Yes I know I can turn off RDS...but, I like to know the names of the songs that are played.

Richard.
    Nope cannot do that. You are seeing left over BMW influence in the Range Rovers locking design. The doors will remained lock untill you hit the master unlock switch to open them or pull on the door handle twice to open the door.

My 2004 MINI Cooper S was the same way.

The LR3 and Range Rover Sport do the remove key from ignition equals auto unlock of all doors.
    Thanks, for the info...I will miss that one...I thought it was really a nice thing to have.

Oh, well.

Do you have information on the Radio?
    I have the Ivory with Cherry, and after 1 year it still looks great.
    A few simple rules:
    1. Never use body lotion or moisturizer on your hands and forearms before driving... makes a shiny mess of the both the steering wheel and leather armrests... leather always looks good matt!
    2. Do not slide in and out of the seat: "lift" your body using your legs, and reach across and support yourself on the center armrest. This is also a good leg work-out tip!
    Seats look lousy when they are shiny from sliding in and out!
    3. Keep some leather wipes handy, but make sure that you wipe with a dry cloth afterwards to insure that they don't become shiny.
    Thought the emissions issues were simplified when US went to low sulfur diesel this year. DaimlerChrysler and others were holding back their European spec diesels from North American markets due to our dirtier fuel. Is there another hurdle (aside from CARB)?
    ( I copied this from my original post over at land rovers only)

Hi all,

Bought a new 2006 HSE RR in April and I am really happy with it ; but, one thing I have begun to notice is that when accelerating from stand-still, if you accelerate slowly and not rev beyond 2000 - 2500 rpms, there is a sorta rev up, then drop back, rev up, then drop back thing going on...reminds me of when my Jeep got a bit of water in the fuel lines.

It is not a smooth acceleration as with my 2003 Disco 2.

I know the D2 has the BMW engine and the RR has a jag engine, but could there be something wrong with the engine management software on the RR?

I was wondering if anyone else has knowledge of or experienced this.

Richard.
    Is the cycle more like a "jump" or "jolt" to the driveline or is it smoother?
    Some 2006 RR's have experienced a severe "jolt" when it changes gears, which is fixed by replacing a control valve body in the gearbox.

BTW.. your Disco has the old OHV Rover V8.... the BMW unit was in the 2003/4/5 Range Rover only
    BTW.. your Disco has the old OHV Rover V8.... the BMW unit was in the 2003/4/5 Range Rover only

Hmmm...well, that seems to be a very strong and smoothe engine. I did not know it was old Rover V8. Thanks for that one.

On the acceleration, it is not "jumpy" or "jolty" it is just very noticable in the sound.

On another board someone said that it could be the gears changing. Not sure.

It is almost like the engine is not getting enough gas.

When I accelerate with determination, it does not seem so noticeable.

Only when accelerating and trying not to tax the engine by keeping it between 2000 and 2500 rpm.
    That old rover pushrod motor is actually even much older then most people know. It was originaly designed by Oldsmobile back in the 1950s and was called the fireball V8.

Rover bought the tooling rights when they designed the original Range Rover back in the 60s. They needed a light weight powerful all aluminium V8 and the Oldsmobile design fit the bill.
  • phillman98phillman98 Member Posts: 3
    Hello fellow RR owners.

I'm new to this forum. Thinking of buying a 2001 or 2002 Range Rover HSE. What should I look out for (most have 40k-100k miles)

Is 2002 a good year?

Thanks.

paul
  • lilrvrlilrvr Member Posts: 2
    Hi I just bought an '04 and I REALLY LOVE IT...after driving it for 3 days I noticed that when the speed got to around 50mph or above there would be this extra noise coming from the engine but different from the engine noise itself...almost like a humming/vibrating sound. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? Thinking it might be just wind noise coming thru the front grill and side vents because I notice it more on really windy days. My family and friends think its a really nice vehicle but really loud..is this how all range rovers are?
    Hmhh what kind of tires do you have on it. If you have the original Goodyears you probably have severly cupped tires. Best to go with the micheliens that they put on new Range Rovers now.

Could also be the front seal on the windshield there was a TSB there about air over the windshield causing a vibration of the seal.
  • lilrvrlilrvr Member Posts: 2
    yes my range rover still has the goodyears on it..this is going to sound stupid but what does "severly cupped tires" mean?

I have a service appointment coming up so will have them take a stab at what may be causing the loud engine noise.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    "Cupping" refers to wear on the tires that looks like dips or cups in the tread. It can be caused by tires out of balance or suspension problems.

tidester, host
    Something about the goodyear tires just makes them cup on range rovers all the time. Never any problems with the Synchronies from Michelen.
  • outriggeroutrigger Member Posts: 40
    It's easy to feel if your tires are cupped. Just run your finger along the outside set of tread blocks one way, say counterclockwise, then run your finger back along those same tread blocks in the other direction. If the tire is cupped, you'll feel the raised edges on the tread blocks when you run your finger in one of those directions.
    Can any dealers put the post prices and options on the 2007 Range Rover?
    Prices and ordering ususally commence in July.
    I know people will find this hard to belive but we do not have pricing yet.

We ordered our first set of 2007 MY vehicles last month but we don't know how much we spent.

Land Rover will not give us pricing for a couple of months from what I have heard.

My guess is that with all the added features a Supercharged Range Rover with all of the goods is going to be very close to 100,000 dollars.

There will be no base Range Rovers for the first few months as there have been supplier problems with the dash for non-luxury model Range Rovers and supplier problems with the 19 inch tires as well.

All Range Rovers for the first couple of months of production will be Luxury/Oxford Range Rovers with 20 inch wheels.

My guess is that they will be between $87,000 and $88,000.
    Do you know, from the 2007 specs, if the current (2006) luxury/supercharged front seats are held over - aside from the addition of cooling?
    I am referring to the two-part adjustable seat back.
    I believe this was a good carry over from original BMW specs, and I love it.
    But, I am thinking that what is now being sold as "improvements" by Ford, is really just "code" for switching over to Fords corporate bits and pieces, i.e. switches etc.
    The current 2006 RR switches are still BMW slick, compared to the Ford sourced switches on the LR3/RR Sport.
    The two part adjustment of rear seat back has been discontinued and I will miss it.

The side airbag has been moved from the door to the seat and I guess it is mounted right where the hinge on the old seat was.

RE the switch gear neither for or BMW makes switch gear like that for any of their vehicles. They are sourced from one of the half a dozen parts suppliers in the world.
    I figured that the seat adjustment might go, and I do believe that Ford is dressing up these progessive model changes designed to simply lower costs as "improvements" and in fact while there are some improvements, many of the items that made the RR special are being whittled away.

I noticed that from 2004-2006, the leather covering on the roof grab handles was deleted on luxury models. Now it is the seatback, the movement of the ignition from the console to the dash, and the deletion of the full-across dash panel. It is starting to look very "ordinary" inside.

Whoever the supplier of the switches is, (and I wonder why everyone doesn't go to the suppliers used by Honda/Audi/VW) the LR3 and RR Sport, are just not up to the same standard as those on the current RR.
    The additional items they should have added for 2007:
    1. adaptive cruise control (already on the RR Sport)
    2. Push button keyless ingnition
    3. Power upper tailgate (or at least soft close - the current lock/hinges feel very agricultural for a $90k vehicle)

But I still love the car.
  • nyctravelernyctraveler Member Posts: 1
    Hello.

I have a 1999 Range Rover. I went to start it today and it would not start. The message was Gearbox Fault. Nothing in the car turned. It was as if the battery was dead. But the message did not make sense.

Can anyone provide some insight?

Thanks
    Nyctraveler
  • khlkhl Member Posts: 9
    Has anyone figured out yet (?available kit?) how to make the Rear Ent system work on the front nav screen while it's the vehicle is stopped in park. I understand that the front nav screen does work in this situation for those RRs sold in UK.
    I just got 2007 MY Range Rover pricing.

A Range Rover HSE starts at $77,250 and that includes Sat radio and the heated accesories package.
    A SC Range Rover starts at $92,750.

Luxury interior package is still 5,000 dollars and now includes cooled front seats.

The only other option change is a rear diff lock is now avaliable for 500 dollars. The rear diff lock is standard on SC Range Rovers. The only option for SC Range Rover is Rear seat entertainment and it is still 2,500 dollars.
  • yrbenderyrbender Member Posts: 25
    I recently purchased a rr 06 with RESystem and was told this was not possible. Do you know how to override the navigation system to enter data while driving?
    any difference from the 2006 models?
    Yeah I think I posted the changes sometime previously.

Here are all of the changes.

All are interior or internal changes on exterior changes.

Issued by: Land Rover North America, One Premier Place, Irvine, CA 92618
    MARKETING
    BULLETIN
    This bulletin outlines the pricing and product specification for the 2007MY Range Rover. Start of production for
    the 2007MY Range Rover is August 14, 2006.
    2007MY Range Rover Program Summary
    Summary of product changes for the 2007MY Range Rover (standard feature on all models):
    • Terrain Response
    • Electric Parking Brake
    • Supercharged Suspension Calibration Extended to HSE (increases roll stiffness by 15%)
    • Re-designed Seats, Center Console, Dash and Door Trims
    • Heated Front/Rear Seats, Heated Steering Wheel and Ski Bag now Standard
    • Seat Mounted Side Airbags (previously mounted on doors – provides greater pelvic protection)
    • Driver Knee Airbag (for a total of 9 airbags)
    • Integrated Whiplash Reduction System (headrest moves forward during a collision)
    • Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner now Standard
    • Twin Glove Boxes and Larger Capacity Cupholders/Storage
    • Enlarged Mid-Range Door Speakers and Bass Speakers
    • Larger A/C Evaporator
    • Triple Laminated Acoustic Front Windscreen (reduces wind/engine noise)
    • Auxiliary Jack Plug (for MP3 players, etc.)
    • Stornoway Gray Replaces Bonatti Gray, Atacama Sand is Deleted
    HSE LUX specific model changes:
    • Vented/Cooled Front Seats
    • Redesigned 14-Way Power Seats (driver/front passenger power articulated upper backrest deleted to
    accommodate relocated seat mounted airbag)
    • Available Jet Seats or Ivory Seats with Jet Carpeting
    • Available Navy Seats with Navy Carpeting on Chawton White Exterior
    Supercharged specific model changes:
    • Variable Inlet Cam Timing
    • Infinitely Variable Rear Electronic Differential Lock
    • Vented/Cooled Front Seats
    • Redesigned 14-Way Power Seats (driver/front passenger power articulated upper backrest deleted to
    accommodate relocated seat mounted airbag)
    • Available Navy Seats with Navy Carpeting on Chawton White Exterior
  • khlkhl Member Posts: 9
    No, sorry. Don't know how to over-ride nav system to enter data while driving. But was told that certain wiring was not included to permit viewing of video on front nav screen while vehicle is parked or stopped and that this feature works in the UK. Was told it was due to US requirements here, but that's bogus since Lexus allows DVD video to display on nav screen when vehicle is parked.
    Has anyone added the after market third seat to a rr? Dealer said can order but wont install or warrant. I am a little suspicious and will be having a child in the third seat so want to get it right. Any info would be most helpful.
    PS have 4 kids wife is not happy family cant fit.HELP!
    Overfinch I think is the supplier of the third row seat for the Range Rover. Honestly I have seen the third row seat that overfinch installs and I would not put my kids back there. It does not look safe at all.
    I think you will guys will find this amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC8-i6wpy8E
    Thanks for the info. I felt the same way after viewing it online. We used to battle to lay in the very back of our parents stations wagon. But, times have changed.
  • lauderdalelauderdale Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 RR HSE....I have taken it to sound shops and they can't figure out a way to wire my ipod into my sound system....CAN ANYONE HELP with this?? I don't want to use something that plugs into my lighter....seems to be too much static....I'm looking for better quality and wonder if anyone out there has experience with this?????? Thanks from Lauderdale
  • teamyonexteamyonex Member Posts: 42
    See http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7224&highlight=address for the details on how to do this. It's quite simple.
  • djt21djt21 Member Posts: 13
    Can anyone confirm that the front diff's on 03-05 models had an inherent design flaw. I've heard that in 06 Ford (silently) redesigned the front diff. with a flexible coupling. Supposedly 03-05 front diff's. were failing at approx. 20,000 mile intervals.
    Any inside information as to the modifications on the redesigned tailgate latch on the 2007 RR ?

It seems like a natural for a power close feature, but even a soft-close latch would be a big improvement.
    The British auto press has reported that the new TDV8 will also be offered in the RR Sport in '07. Any word yet on whether it will also appear in North America?