Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Range Rover

1141516171820»

Comments

• psalm23and24psalm23and24 Member Posts: 2
    1. any one know of a custom subwoofer box for the 2006 Range Rover Supercharged? I will appreciate any info/lead or where to purchase.
    2. Also any success stories re aftermarket audio (adding subs, amps, speakers etc) - please kindly give some details of successes achieved and how (products and installation details and help).
    3. Lastly any issues and/or benefits to installing suede headliners?
    Kindly help a new Range Lover out. PM me if you wish. Thanks a lot for your help.
    Christopher
    cbazuaye@mindspring.com
  • cpr3cpr3 Member Posts: 16
    Hi there -

Am thinking of purchasing a 03 RR - HSE w/ 90,000 mi. The dealer is asking $20,000 - says it has a rear main seal leaks which he says is common in RR. He also just replaced one of he air suspension balloons. My concern is the leak and any possible problems other than the rear main seal.

The dealer purchased this at an auction... and apparently someone put about 80,000 mi on it during the past 2 yrs. = ???

I'm hoping that someone might have some ideas... and of, course, also about the appropriateness of the price.

Thanks-
  • rwoods19rwoods19 Member Posts: 3
    i have a 2004 land rover range rover and its starting to make a winding noise as i accelerate. my transmission is not slipping and she seems to be handling very well. any ideas. could it be a starter problem.

the only reason i'm asking it seems every time i go to the dealer they give me information about stuff that i need and really dont and then they charge me out the [non-permissible content removed]. it seems like i have more problems when i leave the dealer than when i came.
  • andrewh5489andrewh5489 Member Posts: 2
    the price does not sound that great...i just purchased an 03 in perfect exterior/interior condition with no mechanical problems from my land rover richmond dealership with about 75,000 miles on it and along with the complete landrover service history for about $21,000. i would be cautious of buying one from an auction as opposed to a certified landrover dealership with the entire service history. rear leaks are common ive been told but something you probably dont want to have to worry about if you don't have to.

ive had mine for about nine months now and the only problems ive had have been mainly minor...like my steering wheel squeaks when it moves in and out when i start/turn off the car. and sometimes there is a high pitch whining noise when i unlock/get in my car...which i have heard is from a fan that turns on when the car is unlocked to cool the electrical system.

honesty, i think you could find a better deal and make sure you check the service history and test drive it (since many of these vehicles are so prone to electrical and mechanical problems)

hope that helps you out. good luck! you will love the vehicle! just make sure u find the right one
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Land Rover has announced pricing for its revised 2010 Range Rover. The base HSE model will retail for $79,275 while the Supercharged version will suck your wallet dry to the tune of $95,125.

Priced: 2010 Land Rover Range Rover (Straightline)

• carolanncarolann Member Posts: 1
    Please beware of Range Rover engines catching on fire. My Range Rover was 18 months old and engine started making a strange noise, so I contacted the service advisor at Mission Viejo Range Rover in California. I was told it couldn't be serviced for 3 weeks. I asked, what was I suppose to do for 3 weeks and was told to drive it until it stopped Later that night it stopped and luckily my husband got out in time before it exploded. I notified Range Rover and explained the situation and never received an apology, maybe want to investigate the car to see what caused the fire....absolutly nothing. The only thing I received from Range Rover was a 30 day late on my credit report, from the time the car was totaled until it was paid off it was 30 days late. I wrote to Range Rover and explained the situation and received a letter back saying although they sympathize with my situation, the 30 day late will stay on my account. I will take a 30 day late anyday over driving another Range Rover. Thank You Land Rover of America for all of your support. Thank You, because now I drive a Mercedes S550 and couldn't be happier with car and the service. Go to:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXXDsoqHr7k
  • con2con2 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same damm problem, it is annoying as hell. Have you talked to a dealer? the problem is I cannot pin point where it is coming from.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    It is either the lower windshield cowl or the seal around the upper part of the windshield.

Was a pretty common problem on 2003-2004 Range Rovers. Surprised yours didn't already have the fix. Just tell your local dealer what your symptoms are and they should be able to fix the problem quickly.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "Without question, the 2013 Range Rover's biggest strength is its versatility. There isn't another SUV, luxury or otherwise, that offers the Rover's combination of on-road performance and off-road capability. And if those are the traits you want, then Land Rover is the place to get them."

2013 Land Rover Range Rover SUV