Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey: Problems & Solutions:(1995-2004 Models)

Comments

• colorbokcolorbok Member Posts: 7
    Hello - we have a 2000 EX with 51K miles and are having trouble with the heater. At first we had very poor heat. The dealer replaced the heater control and the air was warmer but when you would turn the temperature dial there was cool air and warm air with very little in between ("70" was the same temp as "85"). I took it back and they said they would have to do some more testing. They replaced everything in the heating system. It now works better (when you turn the temp dial there is a definite change in temp) but it still doesn't get very hot. While the Ody was there I drove a Nissan Altima and a Nissan Xterra as loaners and both of those vehicles heated wonderfully as did our Toyota 4Runner. The service guys claimed that our Ody heats as well as the new one they were prepping for delivery. We live in ND so a functional heater is a good thing to have. We have to keep it at "89" with the fan dial about 3/4 of the way up just to stay warm (with jackets and gloves still on). The dealer says it's working good. I am going to try another Honda dealer (all work was done under the HondaCare warranty). Has anyone had a similar problem or any insight??? THANKS!
  • pat84pat84 Member Posts: 817
    Check the thermostat- the one which regulates the temp of the water in your radiator. If it failed open, you will not get much heat.
  • wc3georgewc3george Member Posts: 23
    You are the stuff, my friend.

I went to AutoZone, and after the check, the man said, "Your battery is toast."

I then went to Sears, and told them that after one week, the DieHard was dead. The man at Sears asked who had tested it, and I told him, "AutoZone." He smirked (I kid you not), and told the mechanic to test it on THEIR machine. 60 seconds into the test, the readout said, "Replace battery." Ha! I didn't smirk, but I did do a bit of internal gloating.

Anyway, the battery was the problem. Why the Honda shop couldn't tell that, I don't know.

Perhaps Sears should rename it the "DOA."

I owe you one.

Craig
  • shanersshaners Member Posts: 14
    wc3george,

I'm glad I helped you but more importantly I'm glad you are up and running again. I went through this with several DieHards on different vehicles (all covered under warranty) but enough was enough and I'll never buy another one... It seems you'll get one that'll last 6-8 years, or one that will last 6 months -1 year...
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Did you know that Sears replaced their OEM supplier for DieHards?

So it's true, they don't make them like they used to!

-juice
  • larcklarck Member Posts: 22
    You are right about Sears Diehard batteries. They used to be made Johnson Controls right here in my home town of Louisville, Ky. About 8 years ago, Sears dropped them and moved to a manufacturer with a plant in Mexico or Brazil (I can't remember the company name; the quality went straight in the toilet then. There are many quality items produced in South America. Sears just elected for the cheapeast available regardless of who made them. It was a big deal here in town when Sears cancelled since about 80% of the Jonhson Controls plant here was dedicated to producing Diehards.

I do like the Delco that my Ody came with.

Larck
  • dkrabdkrab Member Posts: 77
    I've seen many posts in the past that I would like to respond to, so if this seems to divert from the current issue, please forgive me. Seems to be these two issues (droning at 50-55mph and grinding sounds) are getting mixed up. They are two distinct issues. The drone, noise, rumble, etc. that occurs when the transmission shifts into top gear and the torque converter locks up is coming from the air intake. It's a resonance that occurs at 1500-1600 rpm. It won't hurt a thing. The "grinding", which is a light metallic higher pitched sound that occurs under acceleration, is from the tranmission or torque converter and, from what I have been able to determine, is not a reliability problem either. All cars have characteristic noises that seem weird to someone new to the vehicle, but that does not mean they are a problem. Neither of these noises are loud and most people don't notice them. But if you read about it on this board, you will be listening for it, and you will find yours to be making the sound. Worry not, it'll make that sound for years and years and years without it causing a failure. Enjoy your van, it's a nice ride.
  • mlempiremlempire Member Posts: 34
    Sorry it took so long to respond to your questions,I read your battery was toast and I am not surprised. Your new battery should test 12.6 volts with the engine off and at least 13 .2 0r .3 with every option you can turn on while the engine is running. The voltage should also increase with the speed of the engine. you did say you have a volt meter, this will confirm your electrical system is not the cause of your failed battery and prevent another battery from dying prematurely. I have had very good luck with Autozone's Gold battery with a 3 year non prorated replacement warranty.
  • dcf1dcf1 Member Posts: 10
    Has anyone had any success with getting Honda to offer a no-cost extended warranty due to continued problems. I have a '99 EX that has had the transmission replaced 2-times; the 3rd trans is the worst performing of the 3 but dealers say it "operates normally" (that's what they originally said about the first two). In addition the doors continue since day one to have intermittent problems that I'm convinced will never be fully corrected.
  • pat84pat84 Member Posts: 817
    My 99 has never made any of those noises. I have listened and listened. It doesn't drone or grind. I must have a lemon.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    See this:

http://money.cnn.com/2001/12/27/companies/wires/searsbatt_re/index.htm

Looks like their old batteries were not that great either.

Larck - wasn't their a controversy with Johnson regarding women on their battery manufacturing plants. IIRC Johnson did not let women of child bearing age work on the assembly line because the chemicals could cause health issues. I believe They got sued under equal opportunity guidelines.

My Ody has a Delco as does my 98 Accord. My 91 Accord came with a Delco was traded in with that orignal battery. Haven't had the need to deal with that issue in 10 years.

• gublergubler Member Posts: 3
    I'm new to Town Hall, but after reading the last 60 or so submissions, I think I have you all beat for problems.
    The first thing to go wrong on our 2001 Odyssey (EX, now 18,000 miles) was the driver's side sliding door. It wouldn't latch shut after it had closed. I ended up pushing on the door and got it latched so that I could drive it to the dealership (an hour away). It dented the door - but they repaired the dent under warranty.
    A month later, the window on the door suddenly shattered. We were driving on the freeway with no cars around us (we live in rural Utah). And with a loud bang, the whole window was cracked. It stayed in one piece and we got out to look at it. No marks on the outside of the window. But by the time we got to the dealership, pieces of the window had fallen out and they claimed that a rock hit it! (Has anyone ever heard of a rock breaking a side window on a car? Without leaving a mark on the outside?) After a lot of phone calls to the regional manager and a lot of complaining, they finally agreed to cover half of my insurance deductible to repair the glass. (Oh yes, during the replacement process they spilled glass in the sliding door tracks - that crunching sounded great! I wonder what damage it's done to the motor in the door?)
    Shortly after this the fuel gauge started registering full when the car was turned off; on occasion we could watch the needle moving up and down as we drove. We were so fed up with repairing this van, that we just watched our miles and didn't bother to repair it until the next breakdown - which happened about a month later.
    Now the passenger's side sliding door wouldn't latch. I didn't dare push on it this time, and the trick they told me (just turn off the automatic doors and close it manually) didn't work. My husband had to hold the door closed on the hour drive to the dealership (yes, it's the closest one)! To repair the gas gauge, they had to install a new circuit board which reset our miles to zero. So now we have to remember to always add 18,161 miles to our odometer reading - lovely!
    After our third experience with rental cars (and it being a busy holiday time), you may understand why I've opted not to take my car back in for the malfunctioning dome light (it usually won't come on when you open the driver's door) and the dash that was improperly put back after the circuit board was changed to fix the fuel gauge so that now all the lights on our instrument panel are crooked and improperly illuminated - oh, and they cracked the dash, too. I'm now negotiating with Honda about selling this 'possessed car' (as our service manger called it) back, and getting a new one that wasn't built on a 'three-day-weekend Friday' or a 'hang-over Monday.'
    By the way, my brakes also squeak when backing up. One of my seat belts wouldn't retract even after messing with it for an hour while at a drive-in movie (but the dealer couldn't duplicate the problem). My transmission thunks when shifting out of Park on an incline (putting the parking brake on before you release the foot brake helps with this). And I've noticed an annoying clicking sound in the engine area in front of the steering wheel on occasion - anyone know what that is?
    If we don't buy a Toyota Sienna instead, we hope that our next Odyssey will be relatively trouble free. I've had experience with numerous Honda's, both mine and my extended families (my sister's had three new Odysseys, one every year) and no one's ever had anything beyond maintenance. So I think I've just got a dud.
    Sorry this was so long, but thanks for letting me get it out.
  • colorbokcolorbok Member Posts: 7
    Hello - the thermostat was replaced as were the heater control, an actuator, and the blend door. The heater worked great over the past two days (700 mile trip) but before we left for the trip it was just average... The problem is intermittent. We've done regular maintenance (oil every 2500 miles and the 30K coolant, trans fluid, etc). It's currently working good so maybe it's now ok???
  • hondafrankhondafrank Member Posts: 6
    This is my first posting but I've been reading them for a while. I wanted to post the numerous problems I've had in the 2 years I've owned my Ode. Any replies/suggestions would be appreciated. I've been very disappointed since I've always heard so much about 'Honda Quality'. Did I just get a bad one or a lot of you having similar problems?:
    1. I've had on-going problems since about the 2nd month with both auto sliding doors either buzzing (the sensors think the door is not shut when it really is) or, the doors won't completely close the first time (esp during cold weather). I've had it to the dealership probably 6 times over 2 years. Now I just 'deal with it'. I turn the master switch to OFF to stop the buzzing and then later turn it back on. Usually after a 24 hour period, it's fine again for a month or so but always returns. As far as the doors not closely the first time, I just put up with trying 2 or 3 times until it shuts. I got so tired of the dealership saying they could not find anything wrong with the switches/sensors.
    2. Metallic rattling noise under the hood. After about 3 trips over 12 months, they replaced the idler pulley and then later the belt tensioner and noise seems to have finally gone away. When this first happened less than 3 months after I purchased it, they said this was a known problem but Honda no 'fix' for it yet so I just dealt with it for about the first 9 months. Then I got so fed up I demanded they fix it. So far so good.
    3. Air Conditioner not cooling - they replaced the compressor but that one was a 'bad' one and had to be replaced again after 2 days. Then about 4 months later the cooling was still not good. They said it was a leaking low side hose and was unrelated to the earlier problem (warranty had run out). I the took it to an independent shop who said the hose was fine and replaced a switch. Problem seems to be resolved.
    4. Cabin noise - I echo many of the other postings in that the cabin noise is much louder than I expected, esp after they bragged about it so much.
    Sorry this took too long but I waited too long to start posting issues. I won't mention the power steering pump issue as that seems to be fixed).
  • jjw91006jjw91006 Member Posts: 2
    I got a new ECU two days ago. After about 100 miles driving at different speeds in two days, I think the grinding sound problem is fixed. In fact the new driving feeling is very good. The initial observation does not indicate degrading MPG.
    Thanks, I forwarded that info to a friend that just put down a deposit for an LX at Ourisman Honda.

MSRP was the best he could do, with a wait. He too said that College Park Honda advertised a low price and then added a bunch of accessories at nose bleed prices that actually made it cost more.

-juice
  • majariwrmajariwr Member Posts: 24
    I recently (actually about a year ago) replace the tires on my 99 EX with a set of Goodyear Aquatred 3's, and have had trouble ever since. I've been told that misalignment has caused all 4 tires to become "cupped". Although the dealer has been very helpful, and in fact has replaced 2 of the 4 already, I wonder whether these tires just don't work on this van. The are noisey anyway (probably due to the tread pattern), but also "thump" due to the cupping. I had a 4-wheel alignment done before replacing the tires; however, the dealer just last week said that even the new tire is beginning to cup. What's going on here? Any similar experiences? Is it possible that some tires just don't work on some vehicles?
    Yes, I think so.

A friend had AT3s on his Forester and had similar problems. They replaced all four, and even the new set is creating problems for him.

I'd avoid these tires until Goodyear figures it out.

-juice
    I recently (actually about a year ago) replace the tires on my 99 EX with a set of Goodyear Aquatred 3's, and have had trouble ever since. I've been told that misalignment has caused all 4 tires to become "cupped". Although the dealer has been very helpful, and in fact has replaced 2 of the 4 already, I wonder whether these tires just don't work on this van. The are noisey anyway (probably due to the tread pattern), but also "thump" due to the cupping. I had a 4-wheel alignment done before replacing the tires; however, the dealer just last week said that even the new tire is beginning to cup. What's going on here? Any similar experiences? Is it possible that some tires just don't work on some vehicles?
  • ukrickukrick Member Posts: 66
    We purchased our vehicle back in September. Since then we've put nearly 7k miles on it. I've kept track of the mileage for the last 3 months or so. We've averaged overall 19.3 mpg using regular unleaded fuel on mostly highway miles. The county we live in requires reformulated gas (RFG). The first oil change was done at 5k miles. I'm somewhat disappointed in the fuel economy. Do any other Ody owners experience the same problem? Does RFG hurt fuel economy?

Rick
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    Somebody on one of the van sites (I think Odyssey) bought those same tires from a tire dealer on the net and couldn't even get them balanced right if I remember. Contacted the internet dealer and they took them back saying that they had had nothing but trouble with those type of tires. I even think they said they weren't going to carry them anymore. If you were that person just right in.
  • mschafermschafer Member Posts: 317
    I have cupping or scalloping along the inside edges of the tires, both on my OEM tires and also on the replacements. Since I do my own rotations, I could see that it was always worse on the tires as they rotated off of the back.

I run with a continuously heavy load on the back; and, as a result, the rear wheels/tires are always splayed out at the bottom because of the independent rear suspension. This puts the entire load of the vehicle on the inside edges of the tires; and, I think, is the reason that the scalloping/cupping is on the inside edges and is worse when they come off the back.

I plan to install load levelling springs to get those back tires standing straight up again. Hopefully, this will minimize or eliminate the uneven wear.
  • steelengsteeleng Member Posts: 71
    Your fuel economy will suffer when using reformulated gasoline. The chemicals that they add have a lower BTU value than gasoline. It will also suffer if you live in an area with cold winters. I live in a county that requires reformulated gas and has cold winters so I get the double-whammy.
    No, that wasn't me that posted before, but thanks for the tip anyway. I actually bought the tires from a Goodyear dealer (although it was a Gemini store, I was told that it is actually a Goodyear-owned store rather than an independently owned franchise) on the recommendation of a Goodyear regional manager who lives in my neighborhood. At the time he recommended the tires to me, he indicated that these were made on the best "carcass" that Goodyear makes. Just seems like a bad fit with the Odyssey. Go figure.
    Any response to message #1518? Any similiar experiences or advice? Thanks - HondaFrank
    Seems like problems 2 and 3 are resolved, so what's left is the sliding doors and the road noise.

On the doors, there were some recalls issued, so Honda struggled with those for a while. I think that's kind of lame, because I recall when the Ody came out, they said they didn't hide the door tracks on the outside precisely because they wanted them to be sturdy. So you have problematic doors and exposed tracks. FWIW, GM also had problems with their sliding doors (my friend owns a Venture that never worked right).

As far as the road noise goes, that's something you could have discovered on a long test drive. Can't really blame Honda for not noticing that.

You could shop for quiet tires next time around, that does make a difference. Look at the Tire Rack ratings for tire noise before you buy.

-juice
  • mrbizness1mrbizness1 Member Posts: 93
    I put 16" Aquatred 3's on my GC/S last year, now have 15k on them with no problems. I like them better than the OEM Michelins. Much better in wet weather. The Goodyear store advised me to have them rotated every 6k (they do it free)

Majariwr, It's possible your alignment wasn't done correctly
  • donronleedonronlee Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 Odyssey EX that made odd noises which disappeared when the dealer (without hesitation) replaced the transmission. The replacement transmission cured the problem, but the grade logic feature (i. e. automatic downshifting at higher speeds when the brake pedal is depressed) has disappeared. When I asked the service adviser about this, the reply was that the replacement transmission is an upgraded version and that Honda did this to improve gas mileage. When I called customer service at Honda, the rep checked and said grade logic is still being used and that I should go to the service manager at the dealership. Can anyone shed any light on this??
  • jnash2jnash2 Member Posts: 31
    What kind of odd noises?
  • donronleedonronlee Member Posts: 2
    At 25-30 MPH, slight acceleration, 2000 RPM's or so, there was a noise my wife described as a heartbeat, I called a thumping and the Honda service adviser called a whirring noise. At higher speeds it became less noticeable.
  • tc2568tc2568 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1999 Deep Blue Velvet Pearl Odyssey and am about to trade it in for a new one. The dealer inspected the car and has suggested that the van was in an accident and the left side re-painted. (It wasn't.) He pointed out that the paint on the rear quarter panel had an "orange peel" effect, i.e.; the paint looks bumpy like an orange peel. I noticed this when I took delivery of the van three years ago but accepted it anyway. (really wasn't a big deal or noticable unless you looked at a certain angle and in certain light). Has anyone else ever noticed or heard of the orange peel effect on an Odyssey paint job?
  • mlempiremlempire Member Posts: 34
    Do your self a huge favor, take your van to a detail shop and have the inside and outside cleaned and polished. My neighbor and myself both just bought 2002 ex's and sold our 2000 ex vans in the auto trader and sold them for as much as we paid for them after driving them a year and a half and putting about 18k miles on them. we could have sold ten more if we had them, people as settling for used because they can't or won't wait for a 2002.
    I've considered selling my 2000 and getting the 2002. However my 2000 is paid off and I didn't want to start payments again. Is the 2002 really that much nicer?
    I think if you look hard enough, you'll find some orange peel on just about any non-luxury car. Sounds like he was really stretching.

Try selling to CarMax, or privately. You'll get the most money selling privately, no doubt.

-juice
  • golfdudegolfdude Member Posts: 2
    I have a 99 Odyssey EX with 49K miles. Besides the squealing brakes when backing up, compared to others on this board, the van has been relatively problem free--it's probably waiting for the 7/100 warranty to expire. The Traction Control System (TCS) and the Check Engine Light (CEL) both came on at the same time after a refill over the holidays. (The gas cap was clicked 3 times.)

I was armed with all the other info on this board about this problem when I went to the dealer--thank you to everyone for discussing the problem and the solution. After checking the van, the dealer acknowledged the problem and ordered the part(s). The invoice states "Will have to order pipe kit for intake."

Here's what's interesting--the "kit" is on backorder and the dealer estimated that it could be 1 to 2 months before it comes in. The dealer indicated that these were in hot demand since Honda sent out the notice a few months ago. Until the part comes in, I was told that there would be no harm done by driving it with the TCS and CEL on.

This feels like deja vu all over again for me. I had a 86 Accord LX-i Hatchback that had the Program Fuel Injection light come on at 60K in 1990. The dealer couldn't fix it and said the last resort would be to replace the computer with no guarantee the problem would be fixed. The problem was associated with emission controls also and I was told that driving it with the PR-FI light on wouldn't damage it. I didn't replace the computer. I drove the car until it had 186K miles (with no problems) when it was traded in for the Odyssey.

With driving it for 1-2 months waiting for the part, I wonder what the failure rate is on the bulbs for the TCS and CEL . . . probably 7.0001 years or 100,001 miles. :-)
  • mschafermschafer Member Posts: 317
    This "pipe kit" must be something new; although I wonder if the dealer is mistaking this and ordering the first (and ineffective) crossover pipe fix for the problem. The second fix was to remove the intake manifold and clean out the EGR port by twisting a drill bit through it by hand. I did this a little while ago (it took about 45 minutes to do), and was really taken aback by how much c**p was in and clogging the port. If your dealer's pipe kit doesn't fix the problem, tell him that he needs to go to option 2.

The second fix works, and I have't had the first flicker of either of those lights since.

BTW, it is for sure that driving with the lights on will not hurt anything - except, perhaps, the bulbs for the lights. *:o))
  • bigjim01bigjim01 Member Posts: 13
    Not 100% positive about this, but I believe that since Honda has acknowledged a problem with the EGR port and has extended the warranty to 8/80K, they have come up with fix #3.

I gather that fix #3 involves removing the intake manifold and cleaning the port and then "relining" it with a stainless steel insert. The stainless apparently resists the build up of carbon more effectively if not completely.

I'd guess that if you have this problem again and take it back to Honda, you'll end up with a stainless liner in the port.

Like I said, not 100% sure, but I have gleaned this from other recent postings here and at Odyclub.
  • hondabobhondabob Member Posts: 4
    Hi all --

Just got my 2002 EX, and love it! However, one thing that I noticed was some wind noise / whistling sound at speeds greater than 65 - but only on certain occasions.

Has anyone experienced this, and if so, what did you do about it?

Thanks - Bob
  • smp4smp4 Member Posts: 2
    Aftr owing 200 Odyssey for 2 months, had to have battery replaced. Its now a year and a half later. Same thing. Had to have my battery jumped twice. By the way it took Honda Care over 1 hourt to reply. The second time, i called both AAA and Honda. AAA came within 15 minutes.

An hor and a half later, AFTER I called to cancel them, Honda Care showed up.
    Honda is claiming that it is battery problem.

As I was driving to Dealer, heard strange electrical"pops" coming overr radio speakers. Then all warning lights came on. Maint Reqd, brake lights, ABS.

Is this unusual? 2 batteries in less than 24,000 miles and less than 2 years?

Anybody else have battery/ electrical problems with 2000 Odyssey?
  • keithrichmondkeithrichmond Member Posts: 35
    Just a quick question after skimming through the last 200 or so messages:

2000 LX w/34K miles

At idle the engine makes a pronounced dieseling sound. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the belt/pulley area. It's definitely not a performance issue, just an 'odd' sound. Based on the fact that we are nearing the end of the warranty period I had thought about taking the van in to be checked for this. I have this bad feeling that the dealer will either consider this a "wear item" or "normal feature" as they have done with other nit-picky things I've brought to their attention. Has anyone else experienced this? - I saw one message about the pulley and idler arm replacement but not much else...

It's definitely not a noise that you would notice in the cabin, just one that you hear standing outside of the van.

As a side note we were without the van from before xmas to yesterday due to an incident with a deer (the deer lost). We had a Chevy Venture rental during that time. Granted the Venture was really stripped down but it felt so unrefined and truck-like compared to the Ody. We were very happy to be back in the Ody again!

-keith
    Warrenton, VA
    I think that Honda owners are a different breed and expect more from their vehicles and like a good share of these posts the least little noise and they are here wondering if it's normal or something wrong.
    The new Civic is only rated "average" by CR, so perhaps it's not just the Ody. In the past even first year models were rated "much better than average".

-juice
  • donselldonsell Member Posts: 27
    That is an interesting comment. I think everyone spends good money on their vehicles and expects them to perform well.

I wonder if owners who purchase a Honda or Toyota because of their quality reputation may not be as meticulous about maintenance? I've owned vehicles from each of the Big 3 US manufacturers and beyond problems with Chrysler's air conditioning I've had few problems, but I'm pretty much a stickler for maintenance.
  • revmrbrevmrb Member Posts: 1
    Three months ago we bought a '02 Odyssey EX with power doors. We get a lot of rattling noise from the back doors during in-city driving. We've yet to get back to the dealer to get it checked.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions?
    Keith, I'm the one that posted the problem with both the idler pulley and the idler arm issue. Mine was similiar in that you could hear it best while standing next to the engine/hood while the van was idling. Mine got so bad though I could also hear it while in the cabin. However the sound was a definite sqeaking or squealing noise not really what I would say is a dieseling noise. It took replacing both parts over 2 different repairs but the noise has been completely gone now for about 3 months.
  • keithrichmondkeithrichmond Member Posts: 35
    Thanks Frank,

My noise is definitely not a squeak. I'll check my belts a little closer and make sure there are no problems with them as the sound is definitely that clunky diesel-engine-at-idle sound.
  • wpalkowskiwpalkowski Member Posts: 493
    There's a few adjustments (bumpers, etc.) that can be changed to get the door to close more firmly/evenly. It's not a safety problem, just annoying. Dealer may need to drive your van on their favorite bumpy road in order to get the settings right. It took 2 visits before they totally squelched the door rattles on my Ody. It's been quiet now for over a year.
  • suburbiasuburbia Member Posts: 2
    Purchased an '02 GG EX Ody two weeks ago and was really surprised by the noise of rattling doors during in-city driving. Will try the dealer, as suggested above, and hope they won't blow me off. Wonder if this is unique to power doors? Also wondering if others are hearing a thunk in the rear of the car as they complete a brake. It sounds like gas in the tank sloshing around - it is very loud. Finally, am shocked by lack of reception in the radio. Had heard others complaning about the sound system, which is lacking, but I'm talking about basic frequency reception of local stations which come in fine on my other car (a late model Honda). Overall we are very happy with the Ody but are disturbed by the clunks and thumps a car of this quality and cost is making...and am wondering about the radio. Have others had these experiences?
  • crkeehncrkeehn Member Posts: 513
    I don't think that it's a matter of a person maintaining their vehicle any more or less carefully. I think with certain makes that have built their reputation on quality, people tend to have heightened expectations and are more willing to voice their displeasure when something does go wrong.
    I don't have any problems with receiving stations on my radio, and can't remember hearing anyone else complaining about reception. I would have the dealer check it out as maybe the antenna wire didn't get plugged in right at the factory, or could be defective antenna/wire.
This discussion has been closed.