Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

VW new beetle GLS 2002 vs Honda Civic EX 2002

jtpramjtpram Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Volkswagen
Which one is better?
I heard about VW's problems in town hall.
Is it still happen at beetle 2002?
Civic has a little problem, but I don't like it's interior.

I prefer new beetle than civic.
Can you help me to decide which one I should buy?
Thanks

Comments

• revkarevka Member Posts: 1,750
    Well, one thing to consider is the VW Beetle does have a longer/better warranty than the Honda Civic. Perhaps that would help offset any concerns you may have about reliability.

In addition to the feedback here, you should also try comparing these vehicles in Edmunds' side-by-side Vehicle Comparison. Good luck with your decision.

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks / Station Wagons / Women's Auto Center Boards
  • 8u6hfd8u6hfd Member Posts: 1,391
    Yes, the Civic will offer more interior space, including people hauling capabilites. The Beetle is a perfect two seater. (just keep the rear seat folded down). If you're comparing the 2.0L Beetle to the Civic, the Civic will give you better fuel economy. Go TDI (which I'm going for in a Golf) or 1.8T. Yes, the Beetle will be more expensive (granted it comes if stuff not available in the Civic).

In short, if you don't plan on carrying rear passengers, go for the Beetle. If you need to haul people, consider the VW stablemates also, the Jetta, Golf, & GTI.
  • jtpramjtpram Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your advise guys.
    The problem is I just have a budget 17.5 K.
    That is the max price that I can afford.
    Yesterday I also looked for Camry 2001.
    The price is same with GLS and EX too.
    So? Is Camry 2001 better than they?
  • sunilbsunilb Member Posts: 407
    if you need to regularly carry more than 2 people, get the civic or camry.

if you want to have a relatively trouble-free experience with your vehicle, get the civic or camry.

the beetle is probably more "fun-to-drive" than these two, but you have to pay for that (in terms of total ownership cost).

not to confuse you, but if it was me, I'd probably get a used 5-speed Maxima SE.
This discussion has been closed.