Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Razor

2»

Comments

• imaramimaram Member Posts: 36
    Could just be a learning curve thing. Maybe the fact that taking an all-Chrysler concept to market without screwing it up (Viper, Concorde, Intrepid) creates big consumer interest and demand is just taking a while to sink in on the teuton mindset.

Then, also, the 300C is a project that offered direct competition to MB, so I somewhat understand the shelving of that one. Razor doesn't appear to offer competition to anything else DCX, a lesson GM could stand to learn.

The fact that they're showing the concept in the first place is hopeful, I think.
  • mikemajestymikemajesty Member Posts: 99
    who is everyone, first of all, and even if "everyone" did want it, there is still no auto maker with the record for producing concepts that is anywhere near equivelant to the record of chrysler.
  • wishnhigh1wishnhigh1 Member Posts: 363
    everyone meaning every car enthusiast auto show attender who saw the 300C and the Crossfire.

I will agree...chrysler is 10 fold better than most companies, even under DCX. The closest I can compare would be Nissan, but that is only because they don't really release concepts unless they have the intention of releasing them as production cars. Still though, I wouldnt get your hopes up for this car, just because the prowler and viper came to production. That was with lutz in the hot seat...now they have some german shmuck.
    "That was with lutz in the hot seat...now they have some german shmuck..."

Well, thanks a LOT! I have to have SOMETHING to look forward to, dammit! :)

This one makes sense to produce, though. Not only does it not really compete with other DCX product, it's mostly parts-bin stuff. I, for one, have no issues whatsoever with parts-bin efforts, so long as the whole is greater than the sum of said parts.
    This one makes sense to produce...and it just might, unless mercedes sees this car as competition to the C coupe.

Thats the thing I hate most about this takeover. Chrysler comes out with some great concepts, but they are scrapped if they have any possible chance at competing with a mercedes product. As long as it doesnt compete, then Chysler gets the ok. They are an American and a German brand...they better compete, or I wont have anything to do with either one of them.
    The March issue has an article on Razor, Crossfire too.

Of course, my subscription ran out in January. Anybody see it yet?
  • dgraves1dgraves1 Member Posts: 414
    It probably takes a while to get to Bangladesh anyhow. You sure move a lot.
    LOL!

I just like playing with the flags, Don!
    dont see how the razor would compete in anyway with the c coupe. the razor is a totally stripped car with a 250 turbocharged motor. the c coupe is a cheap benz that still rides well, is quiet, and is aimed at women in there twenties looking to come across as having status. the razor is just a good old fashion roadster for young men in their late teens to early twenties who like to mod and like to go fast.
    "the razor is just a good old fashion roadster for young men in their late teens to early twenties who like to mod and like to go fast."

Small, attractive, sporty, and easily modded coupes. They are both in the same market, just one a little more upscale.
    insane. there is no way the benz could be made to perform at anywhere near the level the razor can. the benz is also about 27 large, where as the most the razor will probably sell for is 18 large. people will not, i repeat, will not cross shop these cars. the razor is not "sporty", its a sports car. the benz isnt "sporty" either, its a blvd. cruiser. if you dont believe me, go drive one. it does sixty in about 8 seconds. and people dont mod benz's, there is very little after market support for them unless you go to a company like brabus which will charge you about as much as the razor cost to make the c coupe perform anywhere near the level the razor seems to be capable of.
    "the c coupe is a cheap benz that still rides well, is quiet, and is aimed at women in there twenties looking to come across as having status."

Hoo boy, I'm screwed, 'cause I actually like the C coupe!

Have to agree, in part, with Mike on this, in that if they actually bring it to market as planned (bare bones; a driver's car) it will not appeal at all to those who most covet the C coupe.

Have to disagree with Mike in that folks mod MBs all the time. Admittedly, I see few NEW MBs with enhancements, but they're out there; two-year old+ MBs with add-ons and alterations are fairly common, round these here parts.
    mods are common round there, which is cool, but where i am from, the only place you kind find modded benz's is in beverly hills. im from l.a. bye the way. add by mods, i mean more than 20 inch chromies, for all the bro's out there(you know who you are).
    my speelin was way off there, kind=can
    add=and
    still off
    spellin=spelling
    Yar spool chucker werks grate. :)
  • rex_ruthorrex_ruthor Member Posts: 140
    Why partner with Razor, who sells scooters to children? Kids dont drive. What is the rational behind the bundling of two razor scooters in the hatch? I swear, there is always enough numbnuts in Marketing to pull off stupid stuff like this.

Now I remember why I never bought their stock.

Not a bad concept though, as far as features. I see they are still married to that nasty grill treatment that they put on everything.
    i also really hope they change this name. i think the name of the "neon" hurt sales more than any reliability problem or any refinement problem it ever had. lets just hope they dont make the same mistake again. i know alot of guys who loved my neon but couldnt imagine driving around in a car with that name.
  • millerro3millerro3 Member Posts: 136
    Dodge Knife? anyone...?
  • wale_bate1wale_bate1 Member Posts: 1,982
    Hell, "Dodge Doggy" would be an improvement.

I like alpha-numerics myself. Not for everything, but they don't offend me. How's about 2SCT?
  • sphinx99sphinx99 Member Posts: 776
    I wouldn't buy that car. It needs a lot more glass. Driving that car would be like driving an armed bunker with peepholes. I feel pretty strongly that visibility is an important quality that should be present in "carefree youth" vehicles like this one. You should be able to plop in, turn the key and take off without a thought. With the Razor, you'd get in, turn the key, then spend 20 seconds straining your neck to make sure you're not about to back into anyone.

That's a neat site by the way. Large, bright images from multiple angles show precisely how ugly the M45 is.
    Can't agree with that, sphinx! All it really needs is a drop-top! ;-)
  • sphinx99sphinx99 Member Posts: 776
    The razor with a top that drops would be nice to have. The coupe version whose pictures were posted, on the other hand, seems to have severe visibility issues. I'd imagine that if this made it to production it would sit a little taller with lower door sills and more glass.
    Bump
This discussion has been closed.