Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Sorento

Comments

• cfr2cfr2 Member Posts: 1
    2005 Kia Sorrento - shortly after purchasing my brand new Kia Sorrento, I noticed a dent on the tailgate, right side, just above crease where license plate area is. There was not scratch or scuff marks to indicate that something had "bumped" the area, but at the time I thought that's what happened. Now, I have noticed many Kia Sorrento's with the same dent, in the same place. Has anyone else seen this? Please reply, because if so I would like to get this repaired under warranty . . . it does seem to be on many vehicles. Thanks.
  • a027418a027418 Member Posts: 3
    Hello. Been reading all of your useful information today. I'm thinking of buy a 2003 EX Sorento here in Massachusetts. I opened the back doors and sure enough there were those rusted panels attached to the bottom of the doors. The Vehicle still is under the 6 year 50k mile warranty. Is this problem covered under that warranty? If not, what are my alternatives and costs to repair this issue. Thanks, Joe
  • taomernitaomerni Member Posts: 18
    Mine was covered under the warranty , but I have a good dealer ... You gotta talk nice to them , Maybe even print out this forum that it is a problem noted on the internet , and ask then if they will repair it .. ,They just sand it down , Paint it , and change the bolts so it isn't bi-metal corrosion causing it ... It's on the inside so nobody notices it .. But I am picky on my vehicles .. everything MUST work .. I am out of warranty as of November and we had our FIRST mechanical problem with the vehicle .. The outer RIGHT front drive axle seal was leaking ... I didn't want to drive it 80 miles to the dealer with the differential leaking ,, I had a Horrendous time ordering the seal ,, we ended up with 2 WRONG seals ,, But when all was said and done I was out a vehicle at MY mechanics for a week for a $4.25 seal and 131 dollars labor to fix it .. Overrall .. You will LOVE the vehicle .. People always ask me about our Sorento ,,, When we first got it we were of of 2 in our city with one ,, Now we see them daily , They are a popular fun to drive SUV
  • lash92sseilash92ssei Member Posts: 35
    Great German guy's extreme Sorento mods, he's in a ralley team.
    Maybe this might give you some inspiration.
    http://rallyeteam.guidobaur.eu/wp/
  • gill5gill5 Member Posts: 2
    My 2004 Sorento XS has a burnt out clutch - as a newbie to this forum I was wondering if this is a common fault. The car is used to tow a horse trailer - would this add too much stress to the vehicle. I was advised that it could tow 2.8 tonne and my total tow payload was approximately 2 tonne. The clutch burnt whilst reversing the trailer. The car is driveable - going to garage tomorrow. I am UK based, thanks in advance for any helpful comments.
  • davisazdavisaz Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I just purchased a 2007 Sorento EX in January and I am also having issues with the radio volume fading out. I had them replace the radio, but still have the same issues. It only has issues with the radio stations. When I play a CD the volume is fine. Have you found out the problem with your radio? Thanks.
  • gill5gill5 Member Posts: 2
    Car been to garage and is OK. Presumably I was slipping the clutch as I reversed uphill and over cooked it! Wont do it again I shall unload the horses first before moving the trailer in adverse conditions. :blush:
  • melmousemelmouse Member Posts: 3
    Here is my story.......
    I purchased a 2004 Sorrento three months ago. It had 56000 miles on it. I am the second owner. I have the records of maintenance of the car. Service records are up to date. When I got the car, the a/c was working, but the heater took about 30 minutes to work. Took it in for service, now the heater is great, but the a/c is not cold. Took it back in, they discovered the radiator cap was not tight or sealed, so they put a new cap on. They did a pressure test on the a/c to be sure there wasn't any leaks or cracks in the coolant bottle. This was on 3-29-08. Now, I'm driving down the highway, the car is making noises, now, the gas peddle isn't responding, so I pull off the side of the road. It over heats and leaks all over the road. Call roadside service, they pick up the car and take it to the dealer. I need a new engine. Why, because there is a crack in the coolant bottle which caused this entire mess. OK.... 3-29-08 there was a pressure test done and it passed. So, this was two weeks ago my car died. Did I mention I also purchased an extended warranty for 3 years/80,000 miles? Extended warrany rep comes out and denies my claim because I didn't maintain the a/c!!?? What?? He doesn't seem to care about the test that was performed two weeks prior to this......
    So, in a nut shell..... Kia, warranty and extened warranty company and the service company who serviced my car, ALL say sorry about your luck.......
    So, it will be about $5000. to get a new engine and for the labor.
    Anyone have any ideas or thoughts for me? Oh, yeah, I have 61000 miles on the car and I just bought it less than three months ago! I purchased a Kia expecting the warranty and the car to be worth what they have promoted their cars and warranty to be! Not feeling it right now from them. Anyone have a clue for me where to turn or what to do??
    THX
  • boltguyboltguy Member Posts: 94
    You could attempt to prove to Kia that the problem existed before your 60K bumper to bumper expired. Since you have proof that heater/ac problems existed previously. Worth a shot. Have you dealt with the Kia regional rep yet? Or just the extended warranty people?
    I have seen consumer reports showing many 2003 Sorentos had this very problem. Also, I have seen a handfull of complaints from 2004 owners. And all of these cars had the engine die and all needed new engines. I understand they posted a TSB (I think that's what it is) a bulletin to the Kia service depts that this is an issue and an upgrade on how to fix the problem when the cars are brought in. I understand that this TSB is one step below a "recall" so Kia is fully aware that this model has a major issue. Kia and the extended warranty company are giving me nothing but a big fat "NO", sorry about your luck. I am contacting everyone daily and getting moved up the ladder in Kia, Rep and warranty company. I am awaiting the Warranty Rep to call me. They declined it due to "long term leak".... well, the car has been serviced and maintained and I've personally taken the car in a total of three times because of leaks. I also have proof of a coolant pressure test that was performed on the car on March 29, 2008 and it shows the car ran for over an hour and did not over heat or leak.
    I'm at a total loss.... nothing but the run around and no! Kia should step up to the plate here, they are fully aware of the problem.
    We sold our Kia this week .. And I hope the new owners have the same luck we had with it .. One thing I would do is call KIA and set up the appointment then you are not messing around with the dealer ... My dealer was Rosemurgy Kia ( NOW Balwig Kia Wausau Wisconsin ) I hope they continue the GOOD service trend .... And they were always more then happy too take care of issues during warranty and even after ...But for the RECALL on the 2003 Sorento's for the crank bolt , I called KIA's 800 number ... A good dealer is worth more than saving 300 dollars .. And my dealer was over an hour away .. But well worth the drive.. And I do have a post about Kia replacing the coolant reservoir under a recall .. It seems they haven't listened yet .. But a $100 dollar bottle can save then 5 grand in a replacement motor .. That makes good sense long term to me ..Plus gaining US market share as a lot of people are thinking of Kia's as a good vehicle these days .. And yes I sold mine with the original non leaking coolant bottle .. I hope it doesn't break for the new owner's .. Cuz the girl that bought it LOVED it . Get rid of the little things that cost owners BIG bucks and they will sell MANY MANY more of these SUV's ..They are awesome and fun to drive ...
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    is your warranty thru a third party company? Did you purchase it thru the dealer or after you made your purchase....the coolant resevoir bottle it a know defect in the 03 and some 04s....it cracks on the bottom and leaks...however lost of the coolant from the reservior should cause major engine damage suddenly......you will know if the coolant resevoir leaks...as it leaves a large puddle under the vehicle....

a pressure test on the A/C system wouldnt show anything with the reservoir bottle IMHO, and I dont see how failure to maintain an A/C system has anything to do with an antifreeze coolant reservoir bottle failing.......a pressure test of the coolant system might have detected it.......but again....it doesnt let go suddenly......and you would have noticed a leak....

if the maintenance and service records are all IAW with KIA recommended services....I would ask the warranty rep to document his denial in writing with a formal explanation detailing the cause and effect of what outlines failure to maintain the A/C system etc....don simply accept a generalized answer....telling him you will include all service documentation and his written denial signed by the warranty company to the BBB to begin an arbitration process.....
    I purchased the extended warranty when I purchased the car. They refuse to give me anything in writing as to the reason why they denied the claim. They said they never do that in writing!

You have a post about Kia replacing the coolant reservoir under a recall???????
    Can you PLEASE tell me where to find that.... That would be awesome if I could get a copy of that....... Thanks so much!!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If they won't put it in writing, you can. You could send them a letter outlining what your understanding of the problem is - that you had the pressure tests done and the rep denied the claim because the AC wasn't maintained, etc., and if their understanding is different, then please let you know. Within ten days. Send it certified if you like.

Besides the BBB, other people to talk to would be your local consumer protection agency.
    I see red flag right here if they will not do it in writing, who is they....the dealership service department?.....insist on it, you want written justification as to why they will not honor your warranty...no a verbal from the service writer!!!...again...is this a KIA America warranty or is this a aftermarket warranty sold by your dealership?.....if aftermarket....send you letter to the aftermarket insurance company, the general manager of the dealership, BBB, and KIA North America.....complaining about the dealership and their poor customer service....
    I have a message requesting that Kia SHOULD recall the 2003 coolant tanks .. It seems they would make a lot of people happier , rather than buying a new engine .. over a 100 dollar bottle ,, You can tell if you have the OLD style as the have RIBS on the bottom .. The new style is a flat bottom if I recall right ,, I haven't heard of any complaints with the new style ... If I kept my Kia , I would have bought a new bottle , And put it on myself .. I would be due for a coolant change anyways at 5 years old :)
  • hadenough2hadenough2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 sorento with 185,000 kms on it. The crank shaft bolt broke, no problem, just drill and tap it. Threads are all worn from wobbling around in the crank. Told I need another engine. Did I mention this was my second Sorento. The first one died on me an hour after driving away from the lot. How much is a 2004 Sorento with a broken engine worth?
  • bettysbettys Member Posts: 2
    Help, I need to verify how the driver side leather seat was assembled at the factory. Since 04 Sorento's w/ Luxuary package were a hot item, it's hard to find one locally, individually or dealer owned. If you're in the back seat, there's a panel the has two plastic hooks on the top and two metal tabs that attach to a metal rod at the bottom to secure it. I'm having issues with a repair and need pictures for verification right away, please send pictures verifing the date, year and model. Thank you. (brit1brit@aol.com) :cry: :sick:
  • cpetroviccpetrovic Member Posts: 9
    I have a 2003 Kia Sorento which is leaking coolant , It seems to be coming from under the coolant tank .
    I have checked all the other hoses connections and they seems OK .
    I've filled up the coolant tank on serval occassions only to find it has leaked out .
    I recently noticed coolant leaking out from under the coolant tank and wondered if it was the problem .
    I spoke to a work shop work mech and he said sometimes it was deceiving , but I can't see any other leaks anywhere .
    Could you please give me some advice as I just don't want to get ripped off with extra charges etc.

Cheers ,
    Carey
    if you have never had the coolant reservoir replaced (plastic tank on the left rear of the engine compartment as I recall)....it is probably cracked on the bottom (known problem with this reservoir in early models)...and that is what is leaking....part runs around $90-100 plus install....if you have a few tools....you can install it your self...otherwise..expect and 1/2 hour to an hour labor charge.....in addition to the part....for around $175-$200 for the total repair...

if you havent passed the 5 year 100k mark yet...you might want to try to get the repair done under the drive train warranty....but not quarrantee there....
  • frustrated2frustrated2 Member Posts: 28
    I hear your pain. Have 2005 Kia sorento with 106K on it. told only worth 3K as trade in. I WOULD NEVER BUY KIA AGAIN!! I too need new engine because ICV problems. Hopefully covered under warranty but somehow doubt it will be. Tried lemon law since had prob since 60K but told too many miles to do anything about (even though less than 2 yrs at that time). Piece of sh..!!! Its not even all about the money but the aggrevation and time it takes bringing car back and forth to dealor and having to borrow someone elses car and asking others to bring me to dealers to pick up. Its quite embarrassing and car only 3 yrs old. I traded a 92 olds in and the only thing i had to do to that car was put in oil every 2 days but hey at least it ran!! should have kept it!
    the ICV is a documented problem on the Sorento finally....with the recall....have you checked into it..have you gotten a recall notice....as far as trade in value....no SUV these days has a trade in value worth anything with gas near $4 a gallon...it just isnt KIA....however over 100K in three years didnt help your cause either.....my 03 Sorie has 109K on it....but its paid for now....and in all honesty, besides the low end gas mileage..I have no complaints.....an excellent dealer, no major problems outside normal wear and tear......with regular maintenance.....
    Hi pao ,

Thank you for your message .
    Having looked up the forum , I took the vechile to my local center who then gave it a pressure test .
    Low and behold , coolant was coming out of the bottom of the tank.
    In Australia where I live the price of the tank was $201 (90cents $1US ) which I thought was a high price to pay , but I ended up buying one and installing it myself .
    I think I might of caught it in time as I nearly cooked my goose lol .
    I really feel for some of the guys in the forum and the problems they have had .
    The only other problem I had was with the cam bolt which was no big deal as they replaced it as soon as I got to the service center .
    Apart from that my truck has done quite a few miles up and down and across Australia ,

Cheers ,

Carey :)
  • kiasucks1kiasucks1 Member Posts: 1
    I have had the worst experience with KIA. My car has been towed in three times in the past 5 months. This car is the worst car I have ever driven period. Bought it because of the slick sells mans pitch about 10 yr 100k miles. Buyer beware!! Not true. KIA headquarters is NO help what so ever!! Local dealership thinks its okay if my car is going 70 to 75 mph and then suddenly downshifts and brings the car to 45mph .. not to mention that this happens with no sign of braking what so ever. Had car towed in twice this week. First time was car not shifting into reverse, picked it up from the shop only to have the check engine light going on and off = just on my way home. Experience the sudden down shifting - call for a tow- and dealership says they have no clue whats wrong- they must have no heart to send me and my infant daughter and toddler son home in this car. Advised me that the problem must have corrected its self- this is after the latest recall was fixed.. I wouldn't be surprised if they screwed something up when doing the service. Don't trust your local KIA dealership with anything, and as for the warranty its not worth the paper its written on. So I am left with the car that is a ticking time bomb. What am I to do? The dealership leaves me stranded for a entire week with no car, only to tell me that it must be something with my driving- I can't trust this car, not with my children in it. I don't trust that the car behind me would be able to see that I am decreasing in speed if this happens again- and I would hope that the car wasn't a 18 wheeler!!! I had it checked and cleared with the dealership so they say nothing at all is wrong with the car- so tomorrow first thing I am going to trade this POS and get a honda :lemon:
  • steelerz1steelerz1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi I just purchased a 2008 sorento with the exact same radio problem anyone figure it out yet? Thanks
  • dodgeman6dodgeman6 Member Posts: 42
    I really like my new o8 Sorento. What is the problem with your radio? I can't find much going wrong with this vehicle at all in any forums so I guess it is a good buy for me. Is there anything that I should know a head of time in your opinion? Do you like your Sorento? :):)
  • badboy99mdbadboy99md Member Posts: 3
    I have been in contact with KIA Corporate on this. It is a problem with the 2007 & 2008 Sorentos among other models. They say it is the "digital" radio that it reduces the sound so you dont hear the static.... and they also say and QUOTE "THAT MOST PEOPLE DON'T NOTICE IT". Have come close in telling me that it is a defect. I'm working on trying to get a totally NEW one at their expense. They are suposed to be checking to see if the 2009 Sorento has the same problem. I have been working on this since November 2007 a month after buying mine.
  • steelerz1steelerz1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply badboy99md. What steps did you go through to contact kia corporate. Did they just say most people dont notice it tough luck. Please keep me up to date. Thanks
  • sidman1sidman1 Member Posts: 2
    I have a2004 KIA SORENTO (great car) when I lock the doors the rear pass. lock buzzes but still locks,any ideas appreciated. :)
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    I'm afraid that I don't understand your question. Is it something wrong with the lock?
  • spaz824spaz824 Member Posts: 1
    I hope someone can help me. I have a 2003 sorento lx and everytime i try to put gas in it, it spits back out constantly like a vapor lock.this problem started right after i had my timing belt done. this is my wife's vehicle and she is sick and tired of smelling like gas when she gets to work.I try to fill it up slowly but it still spits out just about every gallon put in. I hope someone has the solution. thanks :mad:
  • sidman1sidman1 Member Posts: 2
    yes, the locks should just lock without a buzzing sound, the sound is like a wrong answer given on family feud, thanks SIDMAN
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    Now I know what you mean the buzzing sound. Mine '03 EX does it for many years. There is nothing wrong in term of the lock function. I hear it when I sit inside the car and to lock/unlock the doors. Sounds like an issue with the lock mechanism. I've never bought this to dealer's attention since my warranty is out. The locks work just fine. Perhaps you can try folks at sorentoclub.com
  • lash92sseilash92ssei Member Posts: 35
    I wonder why I bought my Sorie, see below
    08 Sorento 08 Rover LR3

Standard Engine 3.8L 262 hp 4.4L 300 hp V8
    Cargo Volume (cu. ft.)31.70 9.90
    ABS Brakes Std. Std.
    Traction Control Std. Std.
    Vehicle Stability
    Control System Std. Std
    Front Headroom (in.) 39.70 40.40
    Front Legroom (in.) 42.60 42.40
    Rear Legroom (in.) 36.10 37.60
    Front Shoulder Room (in.) 58.90 59.20
    Rear Shoulder Room (in.) 58.40 59.40
    Cruise Control Std. Std.
    Tachometer Std. Std.
    Tilt Steering Std. Std.
    Tilt Steering Column Std. Std.
    Leather Steering Wheel Std. Std.
    Steering Wheel Mounted
    Controls Std. Std.
    Tire Inflation/Pressure
    Monitor Std. Std.
    Trip Computer Std. Std.

Base Retail Price $26,665 $48,525
  • uopdrmarkuopdrmark Member Posts: 1
    I just saw your post and am wondering what ever came of it... I have the exact same problem and Kia has told me the same line as well. Eventually I got a chance to take one of their district managers out on a test drive to show him the problem and got him to admit that there is a problem. Were you able to get anything from them? I have taken my kia in about 8-10 times and it still isn't fixed. Let me know
  • munnymunny Member Posts: 10
    Whenever I turn the wheel can feeling the steering mechanism under my feet (under driver side floor board obviously). Is this normal?
    We have had our 08 Sorento EX and so far NO problems at all with it.
    WE LOVE our Sorie!! Hope you can find the problem and get your steering mechanism under your feet taken care of. Probably NOT a big issue as KIA makes great cars and suvs. Don't get too nervous..............have faith in KIA!! We do. :shades:
  • no_kia_4_me_ano_kia_4_me_a Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking to replace my 1997 Toyota Rav4 with a newer model something. I bought this Rav used w/ excessively high mileage for about 10k back in 2002, and have had nothing to complain about other than my fat butt wearing out the upholstery. I have driven this poor thing into the ground, and i suck at remembering to get it serviced. But it just keeps running and running like that battery bunny. Anyway, I know...this is the Kia forum....but there's a method to my madness. I was seriously thinking about trading my Rav in for a 2008 Sorento, because my local dealer is offering a killer special. I know nothing about the Sorento, or Kia in general for that matter, so I started clicking around the internet to see what I could find. Edmunds is where I landed, and I've been here reading horror after horror......and these were all people who sounded like they were spot on top of their maintenance schedules. Could you imagine one of these "precision machines" in the hands of someone like me? Holy Canoli! So, thanks to this forum and all of your stories......I am so getting another RAV4! You should check out Edmunds Rav4 forum, it's got a much more positive vibe! Thanks again! :shades:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The reliability for both cars is good. If you look at the Identifix ratings here at Edmunds, the Sorento has all green checks for minimal problems dating back to 2003.

The RAV4 is almost as good, but has one "moderate problem" checked in '02 for engine issues.

Kia Sorento Reliability Rating

Toyota RAV4 Reliability Rating

People tend to come to forums to find solutions to problems and you can get get a good sense of widespread problems that way (like the Toyota sludge issue a few years ago, to keep picking on Toyota). But all cars have problems and you'll find posts about all sorts problems in all the make/model discussions here.

Posts like Dodgeman6's are unfortunately a bit rare - human nature I guess - when your car is running right there's not much to comment on but let something go wrong and people let their dealer and manufacturer have it with both barrels. :shades:

Enjoy your new ride.
    This IS dodgeman6 responding to your comments about my postings being a bit rare. I thought the forums were for people to come and tell all about their experiences with their cars, dealerships, and manufacturers. My posts probably are NOT rare, just others have not posted or felt like it. So who do you blast if you can't go after the dealership or manufacturer? After spending thousands of dollars on a car (mine was that good for nothing 04 Dodge Caliber ST), most people react and do something about it in which I did. Going to a forum was my second outburst for the sake of others who WANT to read good and bad experiences with maybe a car they will buy or did buy.
    So back away from pointing ME out on my posts. Nothing was inappropriate, and all of us were welcomed to POST our feelings, and experiences. Am I right?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Nothing was inappropriate,

That is correct and nobody said (or implied) that anything about your message was inappropriate. We appreciate all views and welcome all who share their experiences. The point was that people experiencing problems are more likely to post messages in public forums than those not experiencing problems. Of course, we'd all like to hear more good news but that's the way it is.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • tami5tami5 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Kia Sorenta with 120,000 miles. Crank shaft and bearings went out. Kia dealership quoted $5,000 for new motor. Calling around for a use motor to put in ourselfs. For a used motor $4,000. I am learning this is a problem with Kias. Anyone else with same problem and what did you do? If I didn't care about my credit would call the bank to come get the SOB!
  • mrmgamrmga Member Posts: 1
    The local Kia dealer here is offering a great deal on a nice red 2008 Sorento LX 2WD. The price is dealer invoice less a $5,000 rebate. That brings it down to a hair under $17K. For the same price, I can buy a 2005 4Runner with 45,000 one-owner miles on it. I was leaning toward the Sorento because it is new and has an excellent warranty, but I am getting spooked by all the horror stories on this message board. I haven't read all 3,900 messages, but I've browsed through enough of them to see that there are a lot of unhappy Sorento owners out there. I know that message boards like this attract owners with problems, but the complaints I'm reading about are consistent with the problem areas noted by Consumer Reports (e.g., power accessories, climate control, brakes.)

Should I take a chance on the Sorento or go with the used (and out-of-warranty) Toyota?
  • cheapengineercheapengineer Member Posts: 36
    You should get a much better deal than invoice less rebate for a year old Sorento even if it is new. Even less if it is a demo. The older Sorentoshad issues, for the most part the newer models are much better.
  • munnymunny Member Posts: 10
    i picked up a new 2008 LX 4x4 for 17K. at this price no other brand comes close for a 4x4. and by the way, there are horror stories for most cars.
    NO you shouldn't buy the 2008 Sorento until you have had a look at the 2010 Sorento.
    It will blow you away . ;)
    Completely different style,
    I bought what I thought was a 2003-2006 workshop manual book on e-bay .
    When I received it , it was a disk with selected PDF files of the entire features.
    Though out the pages was a e-bay buyers # and ID blocking some of the main features, but to a point was still some sort readable .
    Having complained to e-bay that it was not what was written on the sellers AD , I was given a refund of the full price .
    This in a way is a copy right breach as I'm sure the seller didn't want any problems as he had 100's of other car makes as well.
    If anybody wants these PDF files please post me a reply with your email address and I'll send them to you free of charge.

Cheers ,

Carey :shades:
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Rather than posting email addresses in the Forums, other members can email you by clicking on your name in the byline of a posting to get your email address - it's available only to members when you've opted to make it visible.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    I OWN a 2008 Sorento EX. It is by far worth every dime to me. There is nothing I hate about this vehicle either. No problems to date. You won't be unhappy if you chose the Sorento. But, remember, when you drive it off the lot the value drops at leasts 50%. Ours was $24k, received $5000 off for discount though. About two weeks after that we had another dealership (not Kia) give us a trade in value. He looked it up and the stats were $11,500. Mind you we only had the Sorento for about 2 weeks. We acted like we were interested in a Honda CUV at the time. Honda salesperson said they use the Kia Sorento to convince people to buy the Honda CUV. I was not nice to the salesperson when he slammed my Sorento. I drove right back to Kia and asked them why the Sorento was worth only $11,500 after just buying it. They had no clue of course. I went online and it is the same way. SO when you do buy the Sorento it will not be able to trade in later on because it will have a lot of upside down equity in it already. So plan on driving it the entire time if you have a loan until it is paid for. We were not happy to find this out after the fact, but the 10 yr. warranty is great though. Oh, it is not 10 yrs. across the board on all things either. AND, remember, the first 12k if ANYTHING small needs tending to be sure to get it down within the 12K period or else they won't repair those small things for free after 12K. Like small adjustments, etc.
    We did take ours back during this time to get the pillar post between the two doors redone since it was peeling off. It was a minor thing that they did fix but they said it would have cost us if it was past $12K. The rest of the 10 yr. warranty covers different things equally 10yrs., okay. Don't get confused on the 100K/10yr. promise. Lastly, my cousin works at Honda downstate (not the same one I took the Sorento to get valued), and he said that the Sorento IS a great SUV and so is the Honda CUV. BUT the only real difference is paying lots ofr the Honda or get the Sorento and enjoy that one too (scaled down, but still nice, of course).
    Bottomline: We love our Kia Sorento EX, with no problems, and it is nice to look at and is solid quality just like any other vehicle out there.