Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Sorento

Comments

• lindy52lindy52 Member Posts: 1
    I got the brake pad caliper off and the two screws from the factory, but the rotor feels stuck. I heard about combination brakes on some cars where they have both disk for stopping and drum for emergency brakes. It is probable the drum brake shoes are holding it in place. How do I loosen them enough to get the rotor off?

Lindy
  • cheryl05cheryl05 Member Posts: 19
    how many of you have had problems with your crankshaft bolt? how many of you have had it break off in the engine and ruin it?
    have them check your intake manifold. ours bucked and stalled and quit but would restart and it turned out to be the intake manifold , a recall .
    edited February 2010
    if you want to keep your sanity buy american, something that will not require you to be in dealer's garage every 3 or 4 months, and then praying they get it. right
  • hecatewtrhecatewtr Member Posts: 3
    I just found out yesterday that my wife's 05 Sorento EX 4WD needs a new front drive shaft...$950.00. It has 65K miles on it and has never been off road. The dealer says the warranty ran out at 60K miles and there have been no reported problems with this drive shaft....Definitely never going to buy a Kia again.
  • hecatewtrhecatewtr Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know where I can find a used front drive shaft? New is about $750 and I don't plan on keeping this car since it has such a major problem at only 65K miles.
  • cheapengineercheapengineer Member Posts: 36
    I heard that Toyotas are good.
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    so what about the Kia 10 year 100K drive train warranty....doesnt the front drive shaft fall into that category?
    define america......all honda accords and camrys are built in the US, the new 2011 Kia Sorento is built in GA.....and BMW has been building its SUVs in SC for more than 10 years now.....GM has cars assembled in Korea, Canada, Mexico, and various plants in the US....

I say there isnt any pure American made car anymore....all vehicles have their issues regardless of make, model, or price......its the dealerships that make or break a consumers experience......
    i agree that all cars have their issues but the kia's sorento's issues are way too much and too many. i will never buy another kia of any kind again.
    have an 03 "sorry" with the tires being the only part of the vehicle that we have no problem with.
    FUNNY
    edited February 2010
    i have a 2003 kia "sorry" with 119,00 miles on it , crankshaft bolt broke and waddled up the engine as we were told. they quoted 7500.00 for a new engine and we told them that they are full of sh**. we have owned this kia for 3 years on the 21 st of feb 2010, we have had everything from the coolant tank, to intake manifold, to crankshaft , to 0-2 senors and 6 other senors to replace and every light has had to be replaced at least twice with too many other problems to add. the dealership has seen and rode in my kia more than i have .with the engine shot and money still owed on it, it makes me really frustated and mad and let down and the gov. should jump down their throats just like toyota. anyway GOOD LUCK to all of us with these vechics, we ARE going to need it.
    there was a recall out on the crankshaft bolt and ICV valve early last year..Seems you bought your Sorie used to begin with, thus the notification may have missed you....did you buy it used from a Kia dealership?...I too have an 03 with 125K on it....and it has had some issues as well...yes one 02 sensor....the same faulty coolant resevoir...the electrical issue causing lights to burn out is also addressed as a TSB.....seems your dealership missed the recall on the bolt and ICV value.....once its done, a label is supposed to be placed against the back firewall on the left hand side I beleive.....if your dealer didnt check the VIN against the recall during one of your previous services.....shame on him.....

My one big issue was when the front differential ate itself.....the dealership wanted 700 for the driveshaft and 4k for the front differential...stating it couldnt be rebuilt...I too said no thanks....took it to my local mechanic....who rebuilt it for $1000 out the door....

The 03 was the first year for the Sorento.....unfortunately, like the early year Hyundia's....they suffered from quality control and assembly issues.....that has been corrected over time....and the 11 Sorento....looks like a solid vehicle now....reduced maintenance intervals, etc.....good luck with your current situation.
  • dodgeman6dodgeman6 Member Posts: 42
    I agree totally with you on this. But as Toyota has been lying about their great cars (issues and quality control and stats), Kia is surfacing to be one of the best out there. It takes time to get it all together. The 2011 is awesome, and I own a 2008. I have had zero issues, and I did buy it new though. Our dealership is one that is a good listener, and treats us good after the sale as well. I have absolutely nothing to say bad about my Sorie at this time. There is no car out there that doesn't have issues. I owned a Dodge Caliber that mad me want to spit nails with all it's issues, and also a VW Super Beetle with electrical problems similar to
    Cheryl05 has had with her used "Sorry", as she calls it. I also had a Pontiac Grand Prix 04 that was awesome, but others have or are having issues with theirs.
    It goes both ways, and I understand Cheryl05's frustrations, but Kia has come along way since the 03's and I am really excited to see them walk all over the American cars or at least make them toe the line along with Toyota right now.
    We need the competition, but it is what it is when you buy any car, I guess. :)
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    I thought the same way as you as to the build of cars worldwide back in May of 1999 when I bought a 1999 Kia Sephia sedan.

"I say there isnt any pure American made car anymore....all vehicles have their issues regardless of make, model, or price......its the dealerships that make or break a consumers experience......"

They're a mishmash of different areas to build in and different countries to buy parts from, etc. You can't get an "all-American car" any more. Buy what you want and dig it to the full, gentlemen and gentlewomen. ;)

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• ev2ev2 Member Posts: 1
    Thief broke passenger rear door glass, and we have not been able to get glass from Kia for a couple of weeks so far. Is this normal for Kia?
  • nova101nova101 Member Posts: 1
    :confuse:

I was driving in to work today when noticed today that my clock wasn't working. I thought 'strange' but no big deal.

Then later today at work I got an email from my dealer telling me about a tire sale, and I was just thinking this weekend, "I need new tires". Hmmm... coincidence?

Then this evening I went to the dealer after work, parked, turned off the ignition, pressed the power-lock button... and nothing. Dead. HEY! What is going on?! Did the dealer know something?? Did the dealer *DO* something?!?!

Anyway, here is the problem now:

With the car off, power locks don't work, and dome light doesn't work.
    With the key in ACC, the radio works fine, no power locks, no dome light.
    With the key turned to ON, but the car not on, power locks and dome light DO work.
    The clock never works.
    Everything else seems just fine: headlights, turn signals, air conditioning, dashboard lights and dimmer, etc.

Any idea what-in-the-heck is going on??

I am pretty handy... can I diagnose/fix this myself? (I have 70,000 miles, no warranty!)

Thanx!!

BTW: its a 2008 Sorento LX RWD
    depends on the part source....since the 11s are assemblied here in the states...dont know how many parts are or have to be shipped in....on an 04 Chevy Malibu I waited 6 weeks for a quarter panel window....as the parts supplier was a Mom and Pop company that had gone out of business.....ugh...that shouldnt be the case with you....but would think more of a parts source issue......

your dealer should be able to put a high priority code in on the parts order..which should be able to locate it in the country if available..or perhaps even from the factory
  • hd_dyna2005hd_dyna2005 Member Posts: 1
    My Kia Sorento had 495 miles when I bought it. I use it for long business trips, so lots of hi way miles. Now at 25,000 miles the problems are adding up! It has the passenger airbag problem. There is a new noise, it sounds like a dial tone, very loud, not coming from the engine or affecting the RPM's. I would have thought it was like the sound of engine not shifting, but it seems to be under the vehicle not under the hood. Most recent problem was on the 45 mile trip to the airport, the 4 wheel drive LOW light came on, I was traveling at about 75 miles per hour on the interstate. If it had actually gone into low, I am certain I would have felt it jolt. Help! I have an appointment Friday but I am worried the dealership will say I damaged something by continuing to drive it. Please share what you know about these issues. Thanks!!
  • 2008kiasorento2008kiasorento Member Posts: 8
    We had the same problem and we kept taking the kia back to the dealer because an adult would sit in the passenger seat and the airbag light would stay on. It took almost a year and many calls to Kia America (they opened a case for us); and we had to meet with a parts representative at the dealer and they finally needed to change the bottom passenger seat and it now works 98% of the time which is better than 5%. Our kia is less than 2 years old and we feel that we have had it for 10 years because of the many times we took it back to the dealer in the first year. As far as your noise we have a jolt/noise everytime that we break the suv. We have read alot about this kind of thing that owners are calling "bucking". We need to take it back to the dealer but we are stalling because "here we go again". This is my second Kia but I swear that this will be my last Kia!
  • rascal7298rascal7298 Member Posts: 8
    How is the reliability for these things? Looking at buying a used vehicle and saw a 2007 model with low miles available at a dealership.
  • dodgeman6dodgeman6 Member Posts: 42
    Well, the "thing" is great in my book. We have a 2008 Sorie and LOVE it. Love the fact that it costs less than the other expensive suvs out there today. We have had zero problems to date. My cousin bought a 2007 Sportage and LOVES hers too.

Kia has had a bad wrap for too long in my opinion anyways. You should see the new Kia Sportage commercial on tv lately. Wow!! Kia is way above many other suv's in craftsmanship and just as reliable as any of them...........so go figure.

Do you want to pay $$$$ for another suv, or save $$$$.............the warranty is awesome as well.

Good luck, and don't sweat the purchase of this Kia you are looking for. Just make sure it was treated well, and you are not buying a car that was abused, and then blame Kia after the sale.

:-)
  • paulv95123paulv95123 Member Posts: 5
    Have an '03 2wd EX and live in South Texas and would like to go off roading. Is this possible, anything I can do to "upgrade" truck? Get real muddy here. Any help would be great!
  • sphisssphiss Member Posts: 7
    I have been lurking for a while and this is my first post. I have been considering the purchase of a 2011 Sorento but have heard rumors of better things to come and wanted to see if any of you had any insider information. Here are the rumors:

1. That a more powerful and more fuel-efficient 4-cylinder engine (Theta II?) will find its way into the Sorento.
    2. That the release of Uvo has been delayed so that it can be fully integrated into the navigation system.
    3. That the dynamic damper suspension released on the SX models would make its way into the other trim levels to improve the harsh suspension.

Thoughts on this? Maybe Kia will wait for the 2012 model year to make these improvements?
    recently my 2003 kia has had trouble putting gas in the tank. when you go to fill it up within a few seconds it sounds like it is already full and the nozzle shuts off and gasoline spews everywhere, so now it takes about 5 minutes to fill it because you have to go real slow. has anyone had this problem or does anyone know of anyone with this problem.anyone's help would be appreciated on this. thank you, cheryl
    with the 2003 kia sorento experience ...my next vehicle will be a gmc or ford, i will never buy another kia of any kind., bitter? yea we have spent close to 10,000.00 for repairs only on ours. so think long and hard and check out all before you buy.
  • mlevandowskimlevandowski Member Posts: 1
    looking for help to remove rear brake rotor on 2003 Kia Sorento
  • wildgreekwildgreek Member Posts: 1
    Was pretty happy with my new 2007 Sorento for the first two years. Since then it's been constantly in and out of the shop, thankfully most everything has been covered by warranty. One thing that was not covered by warranty I'm still mad at the dealer about because it should have been covered, less than a year after buying the vehicle, one of the running boards' mounts broke. It had been rattling since we drove it off the lot and when it finally broke, they charged me $122 to repair!

Now Kia is denying my warranty claim for a rear diff because I missed a scheduled maintainance to change rear diff fluid at 22k. Of course the rear diff didn't start whining until a week after I had the fluid changed at around 50k miles. Had the dealer told me back at 22k that it needed it, I would have done it since I've been taking the vehicle to them for all service since I bought it. I'll never buy another Kia again and I'll be looking to get rid of this one ASAP!
  • oliviajb118oliviajb118 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same thing!!! Mine is an 06. Has been there for a while, and Hubby just started noticing it on a lot of other Kia Sorentos. Not sure about what to do, to get it fixed.....
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2011
    A reporter is interested in talking with parents who own a 2011 or 2012 Kia Optima, Kia Sorento, Hyundai Elantra, Ford Focus, Honda Fit, Honda Odyssey, Mazda 5, Subaru Outback, Dodge Durango, or Toyota Sienna. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 30, 2011 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

Thanks!
  • agostoagosto Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I m looking that EDMUNDS has 2 options for the 2012 EX 2.4L:
    Premium package & the 3rd row. This is very important to me because i would like the EX with only the 3r row and i am not interested in the pricey premium package at all. However when using the "build your sorento" feature at the kia website the only option IS the premium package that contains the 3rd row. Can anyone confirm this? I take that dealers will off course get most EX with the premium & 3rd row and it will be hard for me to find one with only the 3rd row but still I need to know that is still an option. Perhaps it was on the 2011? Also I really like the Blue colors (pacific and specially the baltic one) but it seems they are only available in the LX trim. Why is this? Somebody can point out why not getting the LX with 3rd row and convenience package, well I certainly do not need a heated seat in Florida and I really like the 18-inch alloy wheels, keyless ignition/entry, dual-zone automatic climate control and power driver seat that the EX will get me for the almost same price as the loaded LX (but not in blue)
    thanks for your comments an opinions
  • msmithttu01msmithttu01 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I currently own a 2011 Kia Sorento. I live in Lubbock, Tx and have 3 children.
    Please reply to pr@edmunds.com so you can reach the right people. Thanks!
  • junebugcatcherjunebugcatcher Member Posts: 1
    i just purchased a 2008 kia sorento that is having the same problem. i called a kia dealership after noticing on line it says there was a recall on it. the service dept. asked for the vin # and states that he had no recalls on this kia sorento. please provide me with whom i should contact.
  • 2008kiasorento2008kiasorento Member Posts: 8
    There was a recall on 2007/2008 kia sorentos for ocs passenger airbag indicator light. (I have a # written down: SC076 - I am not sure if this meant anything.) well to make a long story short the dealer did what they needed to do but it did not fix the indicator light problem. The dealer finally needed to replace the passenger seat. Call the kia corporate headquarters. good luck.
  • mrsdowfiremrsdowfire Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone seen the video they showed last night on inside edition? A women could not get her Sorento to stop or turn off; she was speeding at over 100 mph for over 45 minutes; apparently the gas pedal was stuck. This was scary to watch especially since we just bought one of these vehicles. I'm am taking a trip next month and am concerned; glad she is okay and hopefully this is just an isolated incident. Here is the story and link:

Lauri Ulvestad was trapped in her SUV hurtling up a highway after she said her gas pedal got stuck and her SUV sped out of control. She called 911 and begged for help.

She said to the 911 operator, "I'm coming up on a bunch of cars. I am so scared."

The 911 operator sent cops to tail her and captured the terrifying chase on just released dash cam video.

Ulvestad: "I'm scared to death!"
    911 Operator: "Alright, I know you're scared just calm down. Have you put your car in neutral?"
    Ulvestad: "I can't get it to move."
    911 Operator: "Are you able to hit your brakes at all?"
    Ulvestad: "We've tried everything."

The woman behind the wheel fought to stay in control as she swerves to dodge cars. Going over the median again and again, three times in all.

Ulvestad: "Oh God! I have two semis. I'm going 108 miles an hour!"

Her terrifying ordeal was just beginning. She sped out of control for 45 minutes. She crossed two states, from Missouri to Iowa and reached speeds up to 115 miles an hour.

The 911 operator told her to lift up on the stuck gas pedal with her foot while also pushing down on her brake. Miraculously, it worked. When the SUV finally stops, Ulvestad, is shaken, but incredibly, she managed to avoid hitting any other cars.

INSIDE EDITION's Megan Alexander asked her, "Did you ever think that you were going to die?"

Ulvestad said, "I didn't think, i knew. I knew that that was it!"

She was reunited with her 911 operator on Good Morning America.

The SUV she was driving was a Kia Sorento. In a statement the company said, "Our technicians have been unable to duplicate the issue and this appears to be an isolated incident."

Alexander asked, "Will you ever be able to get this out of your mind?"

Ulvestad said, "No, I won't. Never."

http://www.insideedition.com/news/8793/woman-looses-control-of-her-suv-after-she- -says-gas-pedal-gets-stuck.aspx
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The 911 operator told her to lift up on the stuck gas pedal with her foot while also pushing down on her brake. Miraculously, it worked.

Stepped on the brake and it stopped the car... not exactly "miraculous"..

Sounds like a serious case of driver error, or even floormat issues..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• parvardigarparvardigar Member Posts: 1
    After looking into the SUV used car market I believe the Sorento 2005-2008 is what I need within the price range I can afford. I am looking in my area, southern California, and there are many postings. However most Sorentos are over 90,000 miles in a price range of $8000. My anxiety after fully checking out a Sorento is that I will end up with mechanical failures and then costly repairs. That I cannot afford. I found a dealer that has a Sorent 2008, three owners, 34,000 miles. I just can’t figure out why this car already has cycled through three owners? Why I write is the warranty. The ad says 2 years or 100,000. I just need to know if I were to buy this car could I drive into any Kai dealership and would the warranty would be honored? I keep reading how difficult it is dealing with Kia dealerships and especially warranty issues. This is a difficult task buying a used Sorento. I just don’t know what I will end up with. Though this car is expensive at least I would have a 2 years of protection. Thanks

http://www.goudyhonda.com/used-inventory/used-cars-pasadena/2008-Kia-Sorento-SUV- -Base-After looking into the SUV used car market I believe the Sorento 2005-2008 is what I need within the price range I can afford. I am looking in my area, southern California, and there are many postings. However most Sorentos are over 90,000 miles in a price range of $8000. My anxiety after fully checking out a Sorento is that I will end up with mechanical failures and then costly repairs. That I cannot afford. I found a dealer that has a Sorent 2008, three owners, 34,000 miles. I just can’t figure out why this car already has cycled through three owners? Why I write is the warranty. The ad says 2 years or 100,000. I just need to know if I were to buy this car could I drive into any Kai dealership and would the warranty would be honored? I keep reading how difficult it is dealing with Kia dealerships and especially warranty issues. This is a difficult task buying a used Sorento. I just don’t know what I will end up with. Though this car is expensive at least I would have a 2 years of protection. Thanks

2950.0-KNDJD735185816559
  • fabianonerofabianonero Member Posts: 1
    Thanks so much for wise advice. One remaining question: is the 2002 Sorento able to load 2 adult bikes ? I know the CRV is...
    thanks
    bob
  • picantepicante Member Posts: 27
    I'm trying to get technical info on the 2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD. Please help if you can.

What type of AWD is used? Here's a categorization I found helpful:
    https://sites.google.com/site/awdand4wd/

I know the Sorento has a center differential lock, which would put it in one of the "Full-time 4WD" (i.e., "combination of a full-time all-wheel-drive system and a part-time 4WD system") in the above taxonomy.

If that's accurate, then I'd like to know which type of FT-AWD it has. A Kia mechanic told me the 2013 Sorento uses a "Torsen center differential.

I'd also like to know what the Front/Rear power distribution (or range of distribution) is a) when the center differential IS NOT locked (i.e., under normal driving conditions); and b) when the center differential IS locked (e.g., on snowy, paved roads).

Finally, does the 2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD have "traction control," by which I mean electrical or mechanical control to reduce individual wheel slipping (not just front-to-read axle power distribution)?

Thanks in adavance for any info!

-- Paul

P.S. As background, my wife and I are looking for a new, mid-sized SUV that will perform/handle well under several conditions: 1) 65-70 mph on wet interstates in Oregon's hard rains (AWD); 2) 40-50 mph (conditions allowing) on snow-covered highways through Cascade mountain passes (AWD or 4WD, depending on conditions); and 3) 25-45 mph, some start-and-stop, on snow-covered county roads, driveways, etc. that may not be as well-plowed or sanded (4WD). We're not at all interested in off-road performance.
  • scoutyjones2scoutyjones2 Member Posts: 6
    I am a neighbor of yours in WA...your Sorenton with AWD will handle all that you added in your PS.
    Please remember, AWD or 4 WD still require drivers to be conscientous and not to think this makes them impervious to ice and snow...
    edited January 2013
    This member posted about CarMax blowing out "slightly used" 2012 Sorentos and wondered what the deal is. I made some guesses but the interesting thing was finding this CNet story saying that the 2014 Sorento will be out in the first quarter of 2013. Someone in here probably mentioned it already but I skim so many discussions I overlooked it.

So if you don't have to have a new car before April, you may want to rethink buying. Or get a screaming deal on a 2012.

2014 Kia Sorento Moves Upmarket
  • n3tton3tto Member Posts: 13
    Steve, thanks for the reply!

It makes perfect sense why some Kia dealers just before the New Year were literally giving them away at around the same price as a used Kia.

I'm going to hold off until April to see the new Sorento but I'm also looking at the Hyundai Santa Fe and hopefully by then there will be more inventory available.
    I just checked inventory for a Vegas zip code and found 21 new 2013 Sorentos. Same dealer had zero 2012s.

Watch the 2014's get delayed to October now. ;)
  • prbeachprbeach Member Posts: 1
    My experience with the Kia dealers is not pleasant needless to say, they are rip off people. Why well I'll explain my experience and you be the judge. I called up to speak to the service department because I had purchased a used Kia it started ran for a few seconds then cut off after which it wouldn't start up again (it had, had a front collision) I inquired as to if there was a safety cut off for the fuel as I had suspected it to have one. I had some friends call before I called and they told them that there was no such thing. Then when I called and inquired they just told me to bring it to them and they would charge me close to $300 possible more to do a diagnostics on the vehicle. I hung up, called back and asked to talk to the service manager; when I did get in touch with him he stated that there was a valve that was located either on top of the fuel tank or inside of it on some models, that it was a safety feature to cut off the fuel supply in case of a roll over or a collision. That the tank had to be taken out to be able to reach and test it. I asked if that part was resettable or rebuildable and he said no that it had to be replaced once it cuts off, it was a one time use part if that was the problem. I asked to be transferred to the parts department and the price tag for the “valve was close to $500” and it had to be special ordered.

Listen I'm not clueless I went to school to become an automotive technician and I knew what he said didn't sound right. In any case I went personally to the dealer as I had done in the past with other dealers to ask if they could provide me with the wiring schematics to do my own troubleshooting I explained to them I don't let anyone touch my cars and I did my own repairs and the service personnel told me that he couldn't do that for me because everything was in a computer. I said to him that’s fine then you should be able to print out just the few sheets that I would need then with no problem. He said that that was not possible. I said to him “listen your the first car dealer that hasn't assisted me with the information that I need to fix my own car I've been to the Honda dealer and the Saturn dealer and they both were kind enough to print out the pages I needed to fix my vehicle and there system should be no different from yours because almost all dealers have the same type of standardized data base for the technical manuals but that’s fine I'll just go online to find out for myself.”

I lifted the rear seat that was located behind the front passenger seat below was the tank and there was no such cut off valve on top of the tank as the dealer had told me and I didn’t have to take the tank out to find that out it was quite clear that they were full of it.

So I did a little online search found a couple of web sites and read through the details that were found on the manuals, I found a web site that provided me with the “technical manuals the dealers used” in a PDF format immediately downloadable. Once I figured out how to search through the files I found the information for the “fuel cut off” it was no such cut off valve it was a cut off switch and it was not located inside the tank as I was told by the dealer its actually located under the hood on the passengers side it's a little button you press it for a few seconds and Huuuaala the car starts they could have just told me that over the phone the Kia dealers are full of it they just wanted me to tow the car to them for them to troubleshoot it charge me over $300 for diagnostics and do the same thing I did with less than 15 min searching through the manual for the problem and a few seconds pressing on the button to reset it. Honestly I've never worked on a Kia before but I was taught in school the basics to work on any car you give me a manual and I'll figure it out it might take me a bit but I'll bet on me anytime.

Note: as a warning if you smell fuel (ie. Gasoline etc.) you must cut the vehicle off immediately and fix the fuel leak that was what the switch was designed for to avoid a fuel spill in case of an accident and a potential fire hazard. You assume the responsibility if you reset the switch and I will accept no liability for the information I have provided to you, you use it at your own risk with this said if your accident was minor you should have no problem starting it up once you have reset the fuel safety cut off switch granted that it wasn't totaled out in the accident. You wont need to call a tow truck you can drive it home as long as you don’t have a fuel leak and you can still drive(ie. your not injured).

Hope this information is useful and if a dealer doesn't place the warranty in the contract then they wont honor it so make sure before you buy a used vehicle you read the warranty information before you sign the contract.
  • greforgrefor Member Posts: 34
    It;s difficult to tell, but it seems to me that you only were dealing with one dealership so not sure how you can make a statement that Kia dealers are ripoffs. In my experience, nearly all dealerships of any make are ripoffs. Most of them will tell you that you need new brakes, tires,etc before you actually do. Most of them will charge you more than they should. In fact I have had that experience with almost all mechanics I've dealt with. It's not just Kia mechancis and it;s not just dealership mechanics. I feel your pain though. I feel like I'm going to get screwed anytime I have to get my car fixed.

BTW, your last disclaimer is probably part of the reason that they didn't want to tell you how to do it or assist you in doing it. If they did and you had a gas leak and got hurt, they could have been sued in today's lawsuit happy society.
  • megawatts74megawatts74 Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for taking the time to post your experience. They all seem to be crooks in my opinion. Just bought a new Sorento because the dealership that was working on my GMC Acadia was trying to rip me off so bad. This is my first Kia, if they don't treat me fair, Kia will lose a customer for life.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    edited March 2013
    Is it true that you cannot shift into neutral at highway speed as claimed in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovRu_a3-p8E
  • javier14javier14 Member Posts: 1
    hello nova101.. did you find out what was wrong with your kia sorento? cus mine it's doing the same thing.. electrical issues?