Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

give your opinion why ford F series trucks are the #1 vehicle sold in the world.

13»

Comments

• mrb11mrb11 Member Posts: 58
    "I don't think I am biased against buying other brands"

How much did Ford pay you for post # 100 advertisement?
    You are good! Ford ought to put you on TV.
    I'm headed to the nearest Ford store right now to trade in my three vehicles for three
    "Built Ford Tough" trucks! Yahoooooo!!!
  • smgillessmgilles Member Posts: 252
    Thank you for the laugh and the smile for the day I needed that.

"Just picture a longbed 4x4 F-250, with a 30 foot trailer behind it filled up to the brim. And the last leaf spring on the pickup was barely down to the conact points on the frame. With family on the inside, we drove back from Oklahoma to the McKinney area of north texas. His loaded up f-250 was hard to keep up with in our 2001 Accord."

Now pull my other leg it plays jingle bells.
  • midnight_stangmidnight_stang Member Posts: 862
    I understand your skepticism, you're a Toyota Owner, and I'm a "misguided", big bad Ford owner.

Ok, Briefly: We could have easily beaten him in top speed (That 2.3l accord can do 100+ easy) However, when you get a speeding ticket going 25 miles over the limit (thanksgiving weekend, girlfriend driving) you don't want to chance another one on the way back home.

Do I have to put so much detail into every post?
    Do you want my posts to be longer?

But the point was he was doing well over the speed limit in moderate traffic (about 85 or 90 when the limit was 65), and wasn't running out of steam any time soon. Some day you may know what a 7.3l Turbo Diesel engine can deliver. It's no race truck, but it can probably haul your house off it's foundation.

mrb11--->I'm not biased. If I see another brand that offers the same amount of vehicle for as good a price, I'll get one. My post was just reflecting on how lots of unrelated people happen to stand by Ford, when they could have purchased ANYTHING else on the market.

Hey, that's my opinion and commentary on "why Ford F series trucks are the #1 vehicle sold in the world".
  • mrb11mrb11 Member Posts: 58
    Yeah! longer posts......More details. Just start breaking up you posts with chapter numbers.
  • smgillessmgilles Member Posts: 252
    I am well aware of what a 7.3 turbo diesel can do, my parents own one. They use it to haul their 5th wheel. You are not a big bad Ford owner, just a Ford owner. If I were ever to buy a full size truck I would buy a SD over anything. My parent have been through 2 over the past 15 years and both have been great. The F-150's were another story, they just couldn't handle the weekly abuse of hauling horses to rodeos and moving cattle across the state, but I don't think any other 1/2 ton could of either.

So, no I don't think you are "evil", but I do know the capabilities of the truck you were talking about and when it is loaded down and you try telling me that a Honda accord was doing all it could to keep up, I am going to be a bit skeptical.
  • tbundertbunder Member Posts: 580
    you're right, you shouldn't have any investments. you should wait until you turn around 45 or so to start investing money. you're so smart. i wish i could be like you. (young, ill-informed, and naive)
  • sc0rpi0sc0rpi0 Member Posts: 897
    I don't know....either you really did not understand what I wrote, or you just keep trying anyway to force me into an arguement by purposefully twisting my words every time, even though I said I have no desire to get into that discussion. So what are you? Pick one from below..

A. An idiot who doesn't know when to quit.
    B. An idiot who knows when to quit but ignores his better judgement.
    C. A reasonably smart person who knows when to quit and follows his better judgement.
  • midnight_stangmidnight_stang Member Posts: 862
    I'm somewhere in the middle: I'm not an idiot, but sometimes don't know when to quit....like now.
    laughing. wow, you're easy to get to, scorp.
    You didn't get to me.
    That kind of behavior you are exibiting is simply stupid.
    giving one advice to invest money while they're still young is stupid? and totally ignoring the good advice like you're doing isn't? whatever dude. maybe i should make a donation to city tech, eh?

speaking of stupid-who totally laid out a key asking "which one are you?" go look in a mirror my main man. did your tacoma come with those at least?
  • white250white250 Member Posts: 68
    I am glad I got out of this discussion when I did !!!!,.........lol
    im out on this one as well. u can't teach an old dog new tricks.
    No, but when you first assume that other people don't know anything, and then progress to force your "advice" down their throat when they clearly said they did not want to continue a discussion, and then get the attitude of "Well, you'll thank me later", thats stupid. I didn't want your advice, I did not ask for it. You know nothing about me, my finances, my plans for the future, which university I went to, etc.
    Yes, my Tacoma came with mirrors. No, to answer your long-thought assumption, I did not go to a "city tech", "community college".
    Complete this sentence, tbunder:
    "assumption is a mother of all ..........."
  • mbwhitleymbwhitley Member Posts: 32
    the best selling vehicle in the world because GM breaks up GMC and Chevy sales separately, while all Ford trucks come from a single nameplate?

I always thought that GMC Sierra combined with Chevy Silverado beats F series volume
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    since '94(?) till now that is!!!
    nerve has been hit evidently.

yep that's why they can say they sell more. but if you want to put it that way, taurus/sable sales equal more than camry.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Enough of the personal battles OK???

Let's get back to the trucks.

Just a reminder that the Town Hall chat is on tonight (5-7pm Pacific/8-10 pm Eastern). Hope you can join in this week to meet and greet with your fellow Town Hall users and have a little fun with The Return of Car Trivia!

http://www.edmunds.com/townhall/chat/newsviews.html

PF Flyer

Host

Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

• fordtuffordtuf Member Posts: 101
    vwracer.... Ford trucks pulling most makes of cars

Myself... I just picked up my second F250, 4x4, V10, SC. Got the first one in 99 (now traded in).
    I camp a lot, and what do I see pulling campers? By and large (estimate 70%) most people are using the Ford.

A guy I work with was talking about getting a new Ford SD similar to mine. He was at a horse show last weekend and was mostly checking out the trucks. He couldn't believe it, not one Chevy pulling any of the trailers.

These three instances seem to sum it up in my book, you go with what is tried and proven.
  • engine12engine12 Member Posts: 17
    I just ordered a 2002 f-350 s/d c/c Lariet diesel loaded,i went with the six speed,thanks for all your help with the decision process.
  • oldharryoldharry Member Posts: 413
    Congatulations! Enjoy your new truck.

Harry
  • oldharryoldharry Member Posts: 413
    Ford sells lots of trucks, GM sells lots of trucks, DC sells lots of trucks, Toyota and Nissan are coming into the market that has been dominated by the domestic 3, can we compare them without getting personal. The brand wars got out of hand, but they were more fun than the topics running now.

Harry
This discussion has been closed.