Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

VW Touareg SUV

Comments

• avery1avery1 Member Posts: 373
    You should look at the new "lambdas" from GM. They are due out any day. There are GM, Saturn and Buick versions -Outlook, Acadia, and Enclave.
  • greg8888greg8888 Member Posts: 5
    Please, anyone knows what is the total LENGTH of the Toureg cargo area with rear seats DOWN?

Thanks in advance!
  • herbedout13herbedout13 Member Posts: 9
    I have 22 inch wheels and tires used to fit a VW Toureg. If anyones interested please let me know. Paid 2200 willing to let them go for 1500 only on my Cayenne for one week then had to take them off. Let me know.
  • carb1776carb1776 Member Posts: 13
    I bought a NEW 2006 Touareg and with 4900 miles I am always getting break squeal. Also, at 55 to 70 MPH I am getting a metallic chirping noise when the accelator is pressed. Anyone else have this problem? Dealers here in CT don't seem to want to help and call this normal.
    Frustrated, Other wise the vehicle is fine.
  • carb1776carb1776 Member Posts: 13
    I hope the 2007 Redesign addresses the brake pad noise issue. My NEW 2006 Toureg with 4900 miles has given me a noticable break squeal since the second week I have owned it. I love the vehicle otherwise, but didn't spend a lot of money to be told by the VW Dealer its normal and they can't repair it and I Have to live with it. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone filed a Lemon Law complaint and asked VW to take it back? Please help in CT
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "The Touareg SUV is as sophisticated as it is sexy. But are customers willing to pony upwards of 40 to 60 grand for a VW?"

BusinessWeek
  • doug37doug37 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. Did anyone respond to you about the Lemon Law issue?
  • brady11brady11 Member Posts: 2
    I have the exact same problem. At low speeds after applying the brakes, I get a squealing noise that comes and goes with the rotation of the wheel. This makes me think there is something wrong with the rotors since something has to be bent or out of alignment. I've taken it in 3 times and they can't figure it out. The worst part is that I can't seem to replicate the noise when I'm at the dealer. For a 40k vehicle it should not sound like a junker. If you find anything out let me know please !!
  • lanelletlanellet Member Posts: 1
    I had a 2002 VW Jetta for two years traded it in for a VW Passat had it for 2 Months and traded it in for a 2004 Touareg and that SUV gave me problems from DAY 1. I filed a Lemon Law after having it for 6 months. It only took a month for them to tell me that I won my case. That was the happiest day of my life. I was so upside down I thought I would have to give them money to get out of it. They didn't replace it with another one, Thank God!!! They actually gave me $2,400.00 for it so that I could go buy anything I wanted. Do not hesitate to file a Lemon Law it really works. I just printed the form off of the Lemon Law website, filed it out and sent it off. Volkswagen and the Lemon Law people had to inspect it to determine if it was a Lemon or not. As long as you keep all of your service tickets. I had so many brake problems, they had to put new rotors and brakes on my new SUV, imagine that. The brakes looked like the Touareg had been sitting in flood water, they were so rusty. I had many more problems with it also. GOOD LUCK!!
  • noa1noa1 Member Posts: 7
    Yes and yes I did pony up $ for mine I love it, at my work place my touareg is the only one however several people have the Cayene. I want to know if there's anything special in the Cayene Besides the huge engine and the badge, that will compensate the $'s maybe I need to see beyond skin. I personally think my touareg is much better looking than the cayene I'm hoping that when I'm ready to trade in there's a V6 TDI my next car must be a Diesel I hate to spend too much on fuel. so I want your comments on the benefit of owning a cayene.
  • tashjiantashjian Member Posts: 4
    I bought my 2004 V6 Touareg when it first came out. Although I have experienced the typical annoying VW electrical issues, there have been no engine or braking problems. The electrical issues were finally solved after multiple visits (again, I chaulk this up to owning a german car so one must adapt to the frustration tolerance). I have it serviced by the book (service is unusually expensive) and I couldn't be happier with the overall product for the money. The fit and finish, standard featurs and driving experience rivals anything in its price range. Be concerned with the gas mileage in the V6, especially at the required premium gas prices. I tried using regular for about 4 months and the reduced gas mileage didn't outweigh the cost. No reduction in performance that I could notice, but I went back to using premium anyway. Besides, when I told the service guy I started using regular, he almost fainted.
    "For now, the only SUV in the Volkswagen lineup continues to be the Touareg. Ambition comes in waves, and these updates to the 2008 Volkswagen Touareg constitute less of a reinvention than a refinement of a uniquely capable SUV."

First Drive: 2008 Volkswagen Touareg (Inside Line)

imageimage
  • jblaze13jblaze13 Member Posts: 152
    Looks nice. They would have to put a diesel in it for me to consider. I don't mean a V10 Diesel either; something regular folks might be able to afford.
  • dontudaredontudare Member Posts: 12
    You mention that it was relatively easy to repair the bulbs in your VW - any suggestions on the Passat 2004?
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    But I gotta say, this vehicle typifies VW's self-destruction in the US Market. Rumblings are that they have less than 5 years left here, if they don't turn it around, and things in the US are gonna get worse, with loads like the Touareg being sent here. ;)

Let's stay off the stupid name, which is hard, for a minute. This vehicle is the size of a RX350 (actually an inch bigger), but has less interior space than a Rav4! I'm over 6', and I don't really fit in the back seat.

Cargo space is again in the Rav4, not RX range (71 cubes to 85 for the Lexus RX).

This thing weighs a MINUMUM of 1000lbs more than the Lexus (the Photon had the same affliction, which kinda hurts efficiency, which the Lexus excels at, and the market demands). This nullifies any power advantage.

And it is as expensive as the Lexus, but doesn't offer the luxury marque Lexus does. Nor the heritage of quality.

It's marketing doesn't even tie in with the vehicle.

Affordable is back? Compared to what? The only way someone would buy it is if VW totally subvented the lease to make it reasonably affordable. 0% is still a bad investment when it comes to this vehicle, unless you go off-road frequently.

And the quality isn't sending anybody back to the drawing boards either (except for maybe VW).

And now they want to build a bigger (3 rows of seats) SUV BELOW it, and above the other SUV, with the other stupid name I can't summon up right now. :confuse:

This is probably the stupidest vehicle on the market right now.

And the sad part is, it's is really a great vehicle on paper. Great ride, luxurious, powerful, great off-road.

VW has one hell of a nerve even thinking about selling this $40k+ bomb here. It is poorly conceived, is heavily compromised in space and efficiency, doesn't fit anywhere near their portfolio, and will easily be superceded by any $30k SUV in any form of Value. :lemon:

It has Range Rover talent, and a Pontiac brain. A great rental car, but one of the dumbest purchases anyone could make.

The rest of VW's line-up is showing an equally inept market strategy, and the loss of the Photon is only Step 1 in this marque's ultimate departure fom the US. If this is what the uS will get from VW, it can't come a day too soon.

Now ask me how I really feel...... :mad:

DrFill
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Why don't you take this back to your post here: drfill, "Luxury Lounge" #3845, 19 Jul 2007 10:40 pm or else to an appropriate Automotive News discussion.

We'd sure appreciate it if we could keep the model-specific discussions focused on the model itself and take the brand critiques to the discussions about the, um, brands. I b'lieve you and I have talked about this a few times before... ;)
  • malcolmtmalcolmt Member Posts: 1
    the cayenn is a vw touereg same frame and chasis the only thing thats difrent is engine and the name iv'e did my research and inspections dont buy german cars research study said japenease cars are the most reliable cars most german cars met average reliability ratings mercedesbenze was worst out of german cars in reliability mercedes is the worlds most expensive :lemon: and all ther cars didnt meet a 1 out of 5 in reliabilty and just to say my mom owned a 2007 mercedes benz s class it cut off at the light the day she got it. she exchanged it for a mecedes benz e class bletec the steering failed on her took it back she asked for her money back they said no we only do exchanges we filled limon law mercedes benz had to compensate her 79000 doller dont ever buy mercedes
  • sguertinsguertin Member Posts: 6
    Big big problem.....

I am writing car review for Touareg. I am now in my 2nd V-10 Twin Turbo Diesel Touareg (THE FIRST ONE I DROVE FOR 100 MILES BEFORE IT HAD ELECTRICAL MELTDOWN) Even after spending $60,000 and owning the car for two days and driving it just 100 miles, VW tried to force it on me after it had been in the shop for almost a month, turned out it took 7 weeks to fix car and after 30 days in the shop, it qualified for a LEMON and they were forced to give me a new car.

This is such a long story and don’t want to bore you with all the details but I bought the car at Commonwealth in Santa Ana CA and between them and VW corporate, it has been a nightmare. The Service Manager at Commonwealth is the only person worth mentioning that is decent human being

Problems include but not limited too

Brakes
    Electrical
    Rattles
    Squeaks
    Doors locks
    Odometer tracks 10-12% Faster than car is traveling meaning your warranty expires faster, your car needs service faster and it depreciates faster!!!!!

Please know I LOVED this car and in my opinion, there is not another SUV on the market that looks, as good but please do not buy this car on looks alone because you will be terribly disappointed.

BE AWARE: BE AWARE: BE AWARE: BE AWARE:

THE STEERING WHEEL DOES NOT LINE UP WITH THE DRIVERS SEAT OR THE DASHBOARD GAUGES!!!!!

ONCE YOU START DRIVING CAR, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE BACK AND SHOULDER PAIN BECAUSE YOUR BODY IS OUT OF ALIGNMENT. IF YOU DOUBT WHAT I AM SAYING, JUST GO SIT IN ONE, THEY ARE ALL THIS WAY AND VW IS DENYING IT. THEY SAY IT IS WITHIN SPEC BUT THE SPEC IS WRONG. THE AIRBAGS ALSO COULD FAIL YOU BECAUSE YOU’RE NOT SITTING STRAIGHT....

I have retained an attorney and contacted LA Times and all the automotive magazines to try and get the word out to potential buyers. Problem is you don’t notice it on a short test-drive, it is only when you start driving for a couple hours a day you start getting all the symptoms. I will fight until the end. VW Corporate up to this point has snubbed me and offered no solution to the problem and I have a so-called luxury vehicle that when I drive, I am totally uncomfortable.

If you want more info, just email me, I am happy to explain this and many other issues like brakes squeak, doors rattle, and parts pop-off easily, etc… If you buy this car, you will be sorry!! I promise!
  • ensconcedensconced Member Posts: 13
    Squertin, what year are these V-10's?
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    I am holding off to see if they put the V6 TDI in for 2009. I may go ahead and get the Mercedes ML320 CDI. I do like the looks of the Touareg much more than the Mercedes.

Sorry to hear you have had so many problems. This does not look good for VW USA.
  • 08lr308lr3 Member Posts: 76
    it sounds like VW is the now Land Rover in quality or lack there of. My 2008 LR2, other than a software update for the stereo (which I have yet to have done), has ran flawless in its first 4500 miles in just 2 short months of ownership. :shades:

I've been researching my next car, as I usually keep one about 2 years. My choices to date are the (in this order) Touareg, Q7, LR3.

Of late, its moved to the Q7, LR3,and Ridgeline (own 2006 - flawless in all quality aspects)

I'll keep on eye on Touareg - its not totally off the radar, but I keep hearing tons of issues. Much more than I read at the Land Rover site by far.
  • jb_shinjb_shin Member Posts: 357
    Guess Land Rover really worked hard. The previous gen LR2 has a distinction of having been voted UK's worst car, in terms of reliability.
    :lemon:

I bought the Touareg because I think it is the best looking SUV on the market. I did my research and the back breaker for me was the let a limited amount of V10's in California and I scooped one up.

The problem is that Volkswagen does not understand a luxury car or the market and the service is less than acceptable. My 2nd Touareg (1st one was a lemon) has been in the shop for over 35 days in its first 4 months with me. You may think it is just I that got a bad car but keep searching around, you will see the stories add up and hopefully, you will vote against buying one.

I would hate to say to my fellow bloggers Told Ya So...

My list of issues, arguments, and problems go miles deep. I have had brake problems, electrical problems, paint is very soft and scratches upon contact, the odometer is over 10% fast so your warranty expires faster, service is needed quicker and the car depreciates faster. Car rattles and the drivers seat and steering wheel do not line up. You have to lean about 2 inches to the left to line up the steering wheel with the gauges and your always sitting crooked.

Cant say much else but to not buy this car. If you do, dont be mad at anyone but yourself.... I am happy to sell my V10 to any of you!! Mine only has 8,000 miles on it
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    VW has won their class in several races, with the Touareg 5 cylinder diesel. I think it is the US buyer mentality of always wanting more HP that would conceive of a V10 for that vehicle. I would have bought one already if they had put a decent sized diesel into it. Then maybe it would be me writing all the ills I have had with my Touareg. The GL320 CDI is much more luxurious for about the same money. It has plenty of power and gets close to 30 MPG on the highway. Will VW ever learn? And I liked a lot about the 2005 Passat TDI that I owned. Especially driving it.
    They are both 2006. The biggest problem with the Touareg for me is the drivers seat is not aligned with dash instruments and it causes you to lean to the left all the time. Check it out... they are all this way.
    I know how you feel and I ponied up $60K for mine. It looks great but there are all kinds of design challenges. Seats are short and uncomfortable, electronics are terrible... I must say my V10 TDI is fun.. the power is awesome but I have squeaky breaks, the dam thing rattles all over the place and now, since i have had to taken my car back to the dealer so many times, they think I am the villan so now they dont like me. I know they see me coming and they must say, [non-permissible content removed], here comes that jerk again!

Like it is my fault!

Steve, you hit it on the head in your message! I got excited because the car looks so awesome and the Twin Turbo Diesel got me fired up but it is the biggest automotive mistake I have made and I have made plenty over the years.

NEVER BUY VOLKS.
    My car was in the shop for 3 weeks...yes three weeks! they gave it back to me and said they replaced my brakes and now they are squeaking on the passanger side.

I dont know what to do anymore... My car is 6 months old, has 9,000mi on it and it has been in the shop for 37 days.

I am sick of this car and the excitment of buying such a beautiful car has been stripped away. I have the V10 twin turbo diesel...$60K for the dam car!!
  • smalkinsmalkin Member Posts: 8
    Wow, I have a 2006 V10TDI that I bought new in January for $ 52,500 from a MSRP of $ 70.069 !!! I have not had one problem with it. It now has 10,000 miles. My only complaint is the lack of Sirius. My brakes are quiet, though there is alot of dust from the brembo's. It was such a great deal and has been getting great MPG. Maybe you should try a different dealer for your problems. I noticed the steering wheel thing but it doesn't really bother me. VW seats are always not the best, but the rest of the car has been great. Also, don't forget to use VW Spec 507 Oil.
    the more I read about the T, I'm changing my mind.. Thinking of the Q7 more and more...
  • panzerpanzer Member Posts: 125
    Regarding the odometer. You are wrong. The speedometer was about 3-5 percent fast in my Touareg. If you measure road mileage signs against your odometer, you will find it is right on. Next time you are on the freeway do a 10 mile test. They are not cheating you out of warranty miles. That's the least of your worries.

My guess is this must be your first and second German car. You picked one of the worst, no argument. IMHO, they are all almost equally bad, including Audi, Mercedes and current BMW. This is because they are laden with unproven gadgets, chrome, shiny wood, etc. We love gadgets and shiny wood. That crap either breaks, falls off or has a mind of its own.

Love-hate is the best way to describe my personal experience with the Touareg. There is still no other vehicle like it on the road, other than the Cayenne and Q7, which must behave similarly. I still believe it is a great ride if you have patience with maintenance issues, time and money to burn.

After my brief (2.5 year) experiment with high dollar imported luxury cars, I've decided to keep it simple, drive reliable autos and not worry about the image I project on the road to people that do not even know me.
    The brakes on the Touareg use up alot of lining and rotor in normal use. That's why the wheels dust up so fast. The best way to keep them quiet is to first make sure they were installed properly. Then, do not rely on a mechanical car wash to clean your wheels. Do it by hand with high pressure water spray about weekly, making sure to concentrate the water around the calipers. A blast of compressed air wouldnt hurt. The brakes on mine were quiet as long as I did this. This of course does nothing to reduce the cost you are looking at between 30,000 to 40,000 miles to completely replace the rotors and pads. Save up about $2000 for that.

As far as the seating position, lots of cars are like that. I got used to it. It was possibly the most comfortable car I've ever driven, and I've driven a lot. Many long highway trips and always in extreme comfort. I'm not an easy fit at 6'4" and 250#.

I'm always amazed that people spend the maybe $10,000+ more to get the diesel over a V8. They are all rated to tow the same amount, 7700#. It will take you a 1/2 million miles to make your investment back in saved fuel. Meanwhile you will have replaced just about everything on the car. That's why one of the previous posters got his for so much less than list.
  • ensconcedensconced Member Posts: 13
    "After my brief (2.5 year) experiment with high dollar imported luxury cars, I've decided to keep it simple, drive reliable autos and not worry about the image I project on the road to people that do not even know me."

I'm going in the opposite direction. I drove one of those reliable Honda's in the late 80's and early 90's and I couldn't wait to get rid of that thing. It was an 84 Honda Accord and life is simply too short to drive a car like that.

I replaced it with a 96 Ford Contour and the Contour needed a new transmission at about 60,000 miles and the check engine light has been on for the last 7 years, but the Contour is a dream to drive compared to that Accord.

Honda's and Toyota's are like commercial tomatoes. They ship and keep well but all the taste has been engineered out of them.
    I didn't mean to choose a car that has no soul, just to get reliability. I am an enthusiast, after all.

We had a 95 contour up until 2 years ago. A lot of fun to drive, but it fell apart around us, transmission, several water pumps, seats, trim, power windows, power steering, rear suspension, etc. Sold it for scrap with barely 100,000 miles on it. My fault for buying a first year car.

I really did not give up on nice cars. We have a 2005 Caddy CTS that has only been back to the dealer for oil changes. What a sweet ride! I just refuse to buy the latest thing anymore just because of the untested bells and whistles that invariably cause trouble. I think the Germans have proven themselves as suckers for every electronic gadget they can stuff into a car. I'm not playing anymore. The depreciation hit on my Touareg was the biggest percentage I've ever suffered over the many cars I've owned. It would have actually been a much better car to lease for 2 years and give it back.
  • khaug1khaug1 Member Posts: 8
    I'm always amazed that people spend the maybe $10,000+ more to get the diesel over a V8. They are all rated to tow the same amount, 7700#. It will take you a 1/2 million miles to make your investment back in saved fuel.

You don't understand. The V10 TDI is a package, which includes 4-wheel air suspension, 18" wheels/tires and massive Brembo brakes. I believe there are other things in the package as well, but they escape me now. If you look at depreciation, I think you'll see that the V10 TDIs do much better than the gassers in resale value, and will return a big chunk of that admittedly high cost premium at trade-in or resale.

All Touaregs are rated to tow 7716#. This rating is based on chassis strength, not power. I've towed my track car since 1998 with a '98 V6 4Runner and an '03 V8 4Runner. The torque of the V10 TDI makes the towing experience effortless and serene, in contrast to even our '03, which didn't have the torque to tow in top gear in flat terrain. Our '03 would manage only 9-10 mpg while towing. Our V10 TDI does 14-15 mpg, on fuel which is generally a bit less expensive than the premium gasoline our V8 4Runner swilled.

Yes, there is a cost to drive a V10 TDI, but I personally feel I'm getting what I paid for - a primo tow vehicle- and more! Tows I used to dread are now enjoyable. We leave to go from Michigan to VIR (730 miles thru the Blue Ridge mountains)week after next, and I'm looking forward to the trip.

Regards!
    rented 2007 V6 TDI with 17k (euro spec)

when I back up the brakes squeal a bit, but seems only the right front...

tires look to need replacing by the 25k mark.

truck has excellent get up and go, once it gets moving.

don't care for the navi - seems dated in its function and slow to respond as well as graphic quality overall.

like the front and rear sensors that give read out in the dash and rear door (via the rear view mirror) - as well as giving indication left and right, but with VW led tech - those displays seem dated as well.

LOVE - again LOVE the adaptive cruise - I was playing with that thing like crazy.. as well as the suspension - up/ down /up down LOL - expensive toys indeed.

now, if the the inside of the A6 is the new Q7 - then I'm off to buy a Q7. Not totally sold on the T, unless the 2300 changes for 08, are in line with the definition of improvement. The reason I bring up the A6- had that for a rental as well - loved it, but don't care to sit that low - like the SUV height. aka thinking the Q7 is the next car to rent if I can find one (:

feedback anyone?

interior seems a bit smaller than what I would have thought. The LR2 has a bit more 'air' to it.

If the sound system is the stock one, its worth the upgrade indeed.
  • colorado4wdcolorado4wd Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 V-10 twin turbo TDI Touareg.
    It is the best vehicle by far that I have ever experienced. (I also have a Jetta TDI) My Touareg has just over 72,000 miles and other than taking too long for the dealership to diagnose a clogged fuel filter and the cost of brake replacement at about 60,000 miles I have had no trouble with my TDI. It is superior on the highway with far more power than I need even though I use it occasionally. Fuel mileage at 65 mph (if you can hold it at only 65) is a true 29.6 mpg! It tows a 5,000 lb. boat and trailer over 11,517' Hoosier Pass in Colorado like it is not even behind me. The amenities are numerous and I use them all. Furthermore, it is SUPERIOR in 4wd with the air suspension set to the highest ground clearance. I have used it in the mountains in snow and year around on a farm/ranch. What a vehicle!!! The caveat is that I have never bought an extended warranty on anything I have ever owned except on this 4x4. It is so sophisticated that just one use of the extended warranty and in all likelihood the warranty will have paid for itself.
    I did take out the nav system that came with the Touareg and replaced it with an AVIC-Z1 with dvd, serius, cd, outstanding nav, etc... and have been most pleased with the new unit.
    I have had nothing but positive experiences with the Touareg TDI and my VW Dealership (Heuberger Motors) in Colorado Springs has been great to work with.
  • amayacioamayacio Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Touareg with 107,000 miles. I had to replace the drive shaft after 72,000 miles because of a faulty ball bearing which produced a high pitched noise. It was replaced with a VW part and now the noise is back. Has anyone had a drive shaft problem?
  • v8regv8reg Member Posts: 1
    yes I had it replaced at 35000 miles and now at 61000 miles it is the same problem. I took an extended warranty so I am covered. But when that expires it's time to say so long..

07 Reg V8 Reflex Silver
  • travel4travel4 Member Posts: 2
    My 2004 touareg with 71k miles just started a high pitched
    sound...had new brakes and still does it...
    I have a feeling it may be the drive shaft bearing..
    How much did it cost to replace?
    How long can I drive ??
  • travel4travel4 Member Posts: 2
    Do you know what the cost was to replace?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter seeks consumers who drive diesel vehicles. Please send your daytime contact information to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, December 11, 2007.
  • theroux1theroux1 Member Posts: 13
    I am really close to purchasing a 2008 V8 for $45k. I really love the vehicle but am REALLY worried about the reliability issues - including reports about drivers being stranded on the side of the road.

Can anyone give me their input as to just how unreliable the 2007/2008 Touareg's are?

I drive my 3rd Land Rover now and have never had any kind of issue at all. So, I fully understand that perception is not always reality (unless you're the one waiting for the tow!)

Thanks.
  • arizonatregarizonatreg Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever get your Touareg issue resolved with VW or did you just end up selling? I have recently bought one and am expierencing the back pain due to the missalligned seat (no other issues yet). Just wondering if they were ever able to resolve the seat issue.

many thanks!
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    For 2009 there will be a Lux limited edition. It's basically an R50 look alike with 2 tone leather from VW individual. VW individual is a non US designation that allows for a custom Touareg. With individual you get a much wider range of choices. Like different upholstery, wood, electronics and even wheels. Right now this model will come out in April and it will be for those who want the R50's looks. It might be a v8 only but it could be available in the TDI model. In Europe the R50 look can be for any Touareg not just the R50.

Edit: The Lux Limited Edition will also have 20" wheels that are special to that trim level.
  • stevenb226stevenb226 Member Posts: 3
    What do you do as the black finish erodes off all the knobs and levers in the car, it's unbelieveable how on my Toureg and my daughters jetta the design of this very simple item is so poor....we both now have black knobs with varying degrees of white trim.

My Treg vibrates on the left front side intermittently since I've owned it...dealer always responds with "what vibration"....usually requires 30 MPH or higher....and it's not horribly annoying just there, and then not, then there...ideas?
  • murphy4murphy4 Member Posts: 92
    Does anyone know when this is available?
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    It should be coming out soon. Also get one with option code 9W3. Thats the option code for bluetooth.
  • murphy4murphy4 Member Posts: 92
    thanks..................Porsche is coming out shortly as well
  • touaregsuxtouaregsux Member Posts: 2
    I am hoping to find some help regarding legal action against VW North America on the VW Touareg. I am having issues with my Touareg again and my local dealer is insulting. VW should buy back problem Touaregs or be willing to atleast give fair trade. I was quoted $10k for my 05 Touareg V8 with 69k miles on it. It is basically flawless inside and out, and I have overall been lucky with little problems, that is until now. The dash kit is cracking on its own, fuel pumps died while going 75mph on highway causing it to stop with no warning, downshifting itself into 1st gear, clear coat pealing around headlights, electrical issues galour, tire wear issues, brakes, power steering issues, and that's a small list. Any help out there?