Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Corolla Accessories and Modifications

123457»

Comments

• gizzer777gizzer777 Member Posts: 335
    Has anyone added an aftermarket Xenon (HID) lighting system to their Corolla? If so, could you mention the brand, quality and your impressions please. The installation is simple but the quality of the kits/components are in question!

Note: I normally would not think about adding after market anything to a new car, but I am considering the Xenons if I could find a good quality setup.....oem, even if offered, would be cost prohibitive.

This is not for looks, but for the better vision Xenons afford on dark back mountain roads. I would be looking for as close to oem color as possible (5000k?)

I had oem Xenons on a since traded 04 Audi A4 and they were great. However I hear that in the after market arena quality is hit or miss and the warranty would probably (definately) take a hit. The stand alone bulbs from Sylvania and the like just do not get it IMHO. A friend put a set in his 2006 Audi A6 and they look great (oem great) but I do not think the company is around any more.
    TIA
    Jeff
  • changoballschangoballs Member Posts: 1
    i have a 1997 Toyota corolla and i wanna try and make it a great car so i need help with a good web site that has body kits, engines,rims, etc.. i would deaply apritiate if some one would take a moment to help me out.

thank you
  • rospotterospotte Member Posts: 11
    I bought a 2009 corolla LE on 7-8-08 it came with 15"steel wheels and firestone affinty tires P/195/65.

I traded the tires a discount tires and bought the Voxx monza 670-5001 16" aluminium alloy wheel.The tires I traded for are the Kumo Soulus Hp4 716 P205/60.

I think this is a nice balance on the corolla.Gives it a bigger foot print.Takes the not so good roads better than the stock wheels and tires.Ride smooth and quite.

Have a look here:

http://www.pbase.com/rospotte/2009corolla_lx
  • terceltomterceltom Member Posts: 1,024
    Picked up my 2009 Corolla XLE last week, got the windows tinted just today. Looks sweet! Got 25% tint on the sides and rear, only $130.00 with lifetime guarantee. Now it's off to the shop to protect the supposedly cheap paint with the 8 mil. plastic and invisible 3M Clear Bra on the bumper, hood and quarters.
  • bryan06rollabryan06rolla Member Posts: 1
    the only thing i have done to my car is tint the windows :shades:
    im looking to put a grille,new wheels, and an exhaust system next
    any suggestions where i can get these things online or (miami) i'd appreciate it
  • man7utdman7utd Member Posts: 2
    I was thinking of trying to get some angel eye (halo lights) for my 2009 corolla. does anyone know what i should do?
    And i havent done anythinggg to my car at all, so all other suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • man7utdman7utd Member Posts: 2
    I love what you did to your car. I bought the same exact model and year and around the same time too haha. LE, 2009
    I like what you did, and i was really interested in doing the same, how much did it all cost you ? and suggestions to help?
    Thanks
  • 05rollas05rollas Member Posts: 2
    wow sounds sick i have a 2005 corolla s and i want to turn it into a legit rally car got any tips or ideas let me know
  • 05rollas05rollas Member Posts: 2
    yes they will fit i know this because i installed them on my 2005 corolla s
  • summer12278summer12278 Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 2001 manual transmission Corolla off the lot brand new; hadn't even been driven yet. The cassette player worked for the first couple of years, but I haven't been able to get it to work at least for the last three years, probably longer. I tried one of those tape cleaner things, but that didn't help. It's the stock stereo and I'm not having any problems with the CD player or the radio part so I haven't done anything about it. (Sometimes the sound cuts in and out when I play a CD, but it doesn't bother me that much.)

I talked to a guy at my local Toyota dealership and he said I'd have to have the whole thing taken out to get it fixed, which will cost an arm and a leg for something so minor. Or, I could just go out and buy a new aftermarket system, which I don't have the money for, either. Any suggestions on what to do?

I also have been thinking about getting an air intake for it; I've been told it saves gas. Anyone have any input about either the stereo or the intake? What about air filters? Do those have anything to do with saving gas or better performance? Thanks! :)
  • sean_rsean_r Member Posts: 2
    Here's what I've done:

New Rims (16" MB Wheels "Drifter" rims, black)

K&N Air Filter

TRD Front Strut Brace

TRD Rear Sway Bar

I think those are the minimum necessities. Car looks good, runs good, handles good. Anything else is a matter of taste.
  • sean_rsean_r Member Posts: 2
    Yes, both air intakes and performance air filters increase gas mileage and performance. An air filter, such as K & N, costs about $50 and adds about 1-2 mpg and 1-2 horsepower. An air intake system costs $200-$300 and adds about 1-2 mpg and 4-6 horsepower (for the Corolla - other models vary). I don't consider the cost/benefit of an air intake system (most are also illegal in CARB emission states - research before you buy) to be worth it for the Corolla compared to simply adding a performance air filter, which will pay for itself with gas savings in 10,000-20,000 miles.
  • kathysierrakathysierra Member Posts: 3
    Hi, i would like to suggest you to consult an expert just by visiting TOYOTA officail website.
    They have their customer care center for us.
    Go ahead and enquire them directly.
    Good Luck!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Nice suggestion, but since the message you responded to is more than 8 years old, I suspect he's solved the problem or sold the car by now!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• adornopeteadornopete Member Posts: 1
    Hey this is my first post. I've been looking for a good place to talk about cars and this looks like a great place. I own a 2005 Corolla CE and ive been thinking about installing fog lights on it. I noticed that it has some plugs behind the black covers where the fog light should be but there is no switch inside. I saw some fog light kits online that include all harnesses and the switch. Has anyone here done this and could give me some info on doing this on my car. I would think that since it already has the plugs it should be pretty easy but i would like to make sure before i go buying the kit. Thank you in advance for your help. :shades:
  • junior189junior189 Member Posts: 1
    this is my first time on this forum.my question is whats the biggist size tire and rim i could put on my 2010 toyota corolla le with out changing factory springs
  • luisagordo31luisagordo31 Member Posts: 1
    quick question i have a short ram intake added to it and my check engine light is on because the maf sensor isnt reading it any advice?or is your check engine light on to?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking for any drivers out there who can discuss the creative ways they've tried to keep their car clutter-free. There are so many gadgets, toys for kids, stuff for pets and other goods carried along in vehicles today, and he'd like to know how you manage or organize all these things inside your car. If you think you have helpful tips or ideas, please let us know at pr@edmunds.com by Monday December 24th.
  • crzy13333crzy13333 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 07 corolla fixing 2 put bags on it and tryn to find out will 225/45/17 it under the corolla i dont mine pulln out the inner fenders. just dont know if the 225 will b to wide or not
    GOEN LOW AND SLOW