Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• joelansingjoelansing Member Posts: 4
    It's got cruise, CD Changer, hmm something else.. It was $13,995 After all the paperwork, extended warranty, Custom Plate, it came out to $17,030

I went in looking at a Yaris, but this was only $1,500 more than a stripped down Yaris, and from what I hear will get about the same MPG. Too bad they stuck the Scion tranny on the Yaris instead of the Echo tranny. It really lowered the real world MPG of the Yaris.

I was wondering if I got a good deal till I went to www.kbb.com and saw that a used 05 had a retail price of more than I paid for my 06, not including my warranty...:) Got it at Spartan Toyota in Lansing, MI - Joe
  • magdtmagdt Member Posts: 3
    Nice deal ponde. I was wondering what price you started from? Dealers around me (southern NH) are claiming they can't go below $14,000 for a base automatic CE. $11,777 seems exceptional.

What is a good deal for a base automatic CE?
  • lcomplexlcomplex Member Posts: 17
    Just got the car a month ago - it was a great deal so I just wanna share it and help some people out

Corolla CE with AT, no power locks or windows options available here in South Cal.

Mats were provided with first free oil change

price was $13100 + TT&L (L.A. county tax rate)

OTD = $14,400

would like to know if someone else in California has gotten a better deal ;)
  • danotadanota Member Posts: 1
    hi, hope u all will help me to know for what price can i get a base model toyota corolla CE 06model here at Norwalk,CT.
    Am planning to go for it within a week.
    pl advise.
  • pondeponde Member Posts: 2
    It is hard to bargin down the price. TOYOTA dealers are the most arrogant ones around. I watched newspaper in my area. I saw an ad at such price and I went down there and bought the car. Car prices at CA are normally lower than some other states. I paid $954 tax though. you don't pay tax at NH, do you? :)
    Pay attention to newspaper I would say. Whenever there is a deal, go and buy it.
  • chipkarsickerchipkarsicker Member Posts: 14
    Hello folks... This is my 1st post here...I'm all excited about the outlandish deals some of you guys have landed just like Ponde's(#1045)... Seems the dealers may post some ads like that once in a while in local newspapers...I'm wondering if any folks in Nashville area have ever seen anything alike in the newspapers and which papers...Tennessean maybe? Must be the paper version cause can't find anything on their website. :(
  • samanysamany Member Posts: 1
    I plan to sell my Toyota Corolla CE 2003 4DR Sedan.It is a metallic beige colored vehicle with 39,000 miles on it and a clean title and history.

The interior and exterior (a scratch or two here and there but otherwise glossy exterior) is in great shape and I have purchased an upgrade on rust proofing on this car.

I would appreciate if people on this forum help me with pricing this car just right.

Here are specifications on the vehicle:
    Toyota Corolla 2003 CE, 4DR,SEDAN-Clean title and history, No accidents,no dents no rust
    Miles: 39000
    Engine Specs: 1.8L I-4 130HP
    Transmission: Automatic
    Fuel Economy City: 30.0 mpg
    Fuel Economy Highway: 38.0 mpg
    Power train Warranty left on this vehicle:
    2years/21,000 miles
    Rust proofing warranty: 7 years transferable
    warranty remaining
    (non standard feature)

POWER STEERING,POWER BRAKES,POWER DOOR
    LOCKS,,AM/FM STEREO RADIO,CD
    PLAYER, RADIAL TIRES,GAUGE CLUSTER,TRIP
    ODOMETER,TACHOMETER,AIR
    CONDITIONING,TILT STEERING WHEEL,PASSENGER SIDE
    AIR BAG,ADJUSTABLE
    HEAD RESTS,FRONT BUCKET SEATS,RECLINING SEATS,CD
    PLAYER,COLOR KEYED
    BUMPERS,CLOCK,INTERVAL WIPERS,REAR,
    DEFROSTER,CONSOLE,CARPETING,DAY/NIGHT LEVER,DRIVER
    SIDE REMOTE
    MIRROR,CLOTH UPHOLSTERY,TWO TONE PAINT,BODY SIDE
    MOLDINGS,CENTER ARM
    REST,MAP LIGHTS

Your help and advice would be deeply appreciated.

Look forward to hear from you.
    Thanks,
    Samany
  • southfl1southfl1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all. I need a cheap & reliable car to commute. I want to buy a basic automatic corolla 06 CE (power steering, power mirror, AM/FM/CD,
    A/C, floor mats, no power windows,
    no powder doors, no keyless entry)

How much should I pay before tax? And how much should I pay for total OTD price?
    I live in South Florida.

One dealer offered $14,954.77 (everything included) and another one offered $14,900.00

Thank you
  • magdtmagdt Member Posts: 3
    Was wondering if anyone was waiting for the 07s to come out in hopes there would be a discount on the 06s? I think toyota offered $1500 cash back on the camerys. Maybe they will do something for the corollas?

Like a few others I'm looking for a 06 corolla CE with just automatic, I'm quoted between $14,400- $14800 + TTL.

Maybe I don't know how to haggled but dealers basically ignore me or come down about $50 bucks when I try to pit them against one another.
  • joelansingjoelansing Member Posts: 4
    I just got a 06 Corolla LE with FE CK VV and CF options. The sticker on the window was $17.053 The dealership was selling them for $13,995 Over $3,000 off wasn't bad at all. It had $1,250 in rebates, but those went to the dealer at that price. I went to www.kbb.com and book priced a used 05 LE at more than I paid out the door for my 06 model including an extended warranty. I can live with that. Got it at Spartan Toyota in Lansing, MI My first tank I got 32MPG in town. No highway driving yet during break in. Should get 34 after break in.

I went in looking at the Yaris, but this was only $1,500 more than a stripped Yaris, and this had a CD changer, keyless entry, alarms, etc.. I couldn't turn it down. - Joe
  • jstern1jstern1 Member Posts: 9
    If you live in the SE zone for Toyota they add two charges to every toyota sold...

SET Administration Fee - $414
    SET Destination Charge - $45

What is this for?
    Why would anybody pay it?

Jim
  • my06corollamy06corolla Member Posts: 6
    I paid 15,100 with all taxes included for 06 Corolla CE Automatic transmission+power windows+power doors.

This was at Austin,TX and bought in Jan06.

You have room to negotiate for another $200 as my title document says the price paid is 14945(rest is document fee ).

So stick to 14,900-15,000 OTD.
    Hi all. I am in Florida. Someone offered me a $14,000 OTD. I intend to go with the deal. Is that a reasonable decision?
  • maganmagan Member Posts: 18
    Is this OTD? Including destination charge?
    Joe,

More questions: Did they offer you any special finance rate?

Mike
  • andy1281andy1281 Member Posts: 1
    Hey,

Can you tell me which dealer in Houston you got the deal?

Thanks
  • xkmailxkmail Member Posts: 36
    Claremont Toyota in Los Angeles offered me 12,490 plus tax license for a CE with stick, Valley Hi in Victorville wanted $13,900
    What is it? Is it an extended warranty?

Mike
  • diljaeydiljaey Member Posts: 1
    I just found out that Toyota is giving a $500 rebate this month. :)

Any idea what that rebate will increase to in the coming months before the debut of the '07 Corolla? I want to buy but waiting for the right time to get the best price and then pull the trigger.
  • dam1damdam1dam Member Posts: 1
    I live in the New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania Area. I am very interested in purchasing a Toyota Corolla "S". It must be the "S" model with a automatic transmission and have the following options:
    Anti-Lock Brakes
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with inner mirror and driver and passenger side and curtain airbags
    The extra value package #1 which includes 15" Alloy Wheels w/P195/65P15 tires, Rear Spoiler, Power windows, Keyless entry and cruise control
    Carpet floor mats as well as the trunk mat
    The all weather guard package
    Last but not least something similiar to the Viper security system and not the cheap one that comes with the car.
    With the items listed above I am asking if anyone knows for sure what the lowest price I should pay for this car. No offense but I ask that only those people who know for sure what I should pay or have already purchased a car like this with these options please respond to my question. Thanks to all and safe driving.
    I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida & I bought a car from 1 of the local dealers. It was an Automatic 2006 Corolla CE with Power Windows, Door Locks, Keyless Entry, Carpet Mats, and a full tank of gas for $15,000 OTD (including tax, transferred tag, and title)
  • imdanteimdante Member Posts: 4
    Hello, I just bought a Corolla last Sunday (4/23/06)
    @ Claremont Toyota just outside Los Angeles. Here is the deal that I got:

2006 Toyota Corolla LE Phantom Gray

Options:
    BE Side Airbags
    VJ JBL Value Package
    CT Carpet Floor Trunk Mat Set

Total Sticker: $18,087.00
    My Cost with the $500 Rebate: $15,034 (Plus Tax & License)

Note: I believe I got this deal by playing Claremont Toyota against there competitor Longo Toyota (#1 in the nation). One more thing...it took about 3 hours to get this deal.
  • vincewood30vincewood30 Member Posts: 48
    I do have to admit you got a good price on your car. I used to see if anyone could beat Longo on their prices but I finally just gave up. I just go through their internet sales dept now at Longo. I've bought my last 7 Toyotas from them and will keep buying from them. Plus they always have what I want in stock or it's on the truck coming in.
  • imdanteimdante Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote from Longo Internet sales Dept too. I was on my way over to Longo when I stopped @ Claremont Toyota just to see if they could match the quote so I wouldn’t have to drive the extra 20 miles. After a long time of going back and forth about the price they finally matched it.

To my surprise, my original quote from Longo, was for an LE Corolla without (BE) Side Airbags and (VJ) JBL Value Package for $15,034. So in the end Claremont Toyota ended up beating Longo. But it was a hard fight! The time that I spend aside, I had a good experience with Claremont Toyota. The sales guy was very straight up with me, and the finance guy did not try to pressure me into buying the extended warranty or the LO-JACK option. Turns out that Claremont Toyota gives free oil changes for life with a purchase of a new car. So overall I’m happy with my experience with Claremont. Ill always go to Longo first and then shop their quote around to see if anybody wants my business bad enough.
  • aebsaebs Member Posts: 1
    I just bought that car (in dark blue) three weeks ago. I didn't get was the weather guard package or the extra security you mentioned. With tax, license, etc. I paid $18,900. Try calling Sansone's Route 1 Toyota in Woodbridge, NJ.

Good luck!
  • ckone0814ckone0814 Member Posts: 71
    SE Pennsylvania. 2006 Corolla LE, 5 spd, 6 CD changer. $13200 otd. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Yea, jump on that deal before they sell the car. I'd be down there right now signing the paper work for that price. That car sticks for about $18,000 and you're getting it for that price?? You're stealing it from them.
    msrp on the car is +/- $16,400
    Ok, the MSRP is $16,400 so you figure plus 10% of that with tax/license at least in Ca you do. Ok, $18,000 OTD you roughly figure....$4,800 almost $5,000 off is still a great price for that car. 1 thing I look at is on the door jam to see what mo/yr the car was made. You can usually estimate on how long the car has been on the lot for. If a car sits too long then the dealer is paying insurance/interest on that car for sitting there and they need to move it. I don't think my dealer (Longo Toyota) would sell me the car for that price and they're the #1 Toyota dealer in the nation.
    that's sale price. i didnt include tax and tags cause they're different everywhere. i thought i'd offer 13k figuring if they say no, i know thery're at the bottom. make sense?
    They took $13k+TTL. I put a deposit down - Now hopefully they'll follow through. I'm expecting they'll try to make $ up at delivery but I got the $ so they can't screw with the financing and i will decline any extended warranties, paint protectant, etc. You never know what they'll throw at you though.

If it goes through I believe I got an absolute steal (regardless of when it was manufactured and how long it's on the lot). It would've been tough to by a Cobalt with all the rebates for that $. Thanks.
  • pr1canpr1can Member Posts: 4
    i just bought my corolla s in mass for 15000. After taxes(750), documentary prep.(298) and title prep.(86) it all came out to 16134.
    options include:
    FE 50 state emission
    EV am/fm/6 disc in-dash w/6 speakers
    CK all weather package
    VP extra value package #1
    15" alloy wheels w/195/65/15tires
    rear spoiler, power windows, keyless entry
    and cruise control
    CF carpet floor mats (4pc.set)
    i tough i did good on this one can anyone tell me if its a good deal or i could have done better.
    Is this from Boch Toyota?
    yes
    The $298 was the giveaway. I've been pricing used Corolla's there, but live about 90 miles away in WMass. How much discount was that? Is the $500 discount in effect yet or did you take the low financing?
    the sticker was 17788. i dont think i got the 500 discount or at least they didnt tell me about it and i didnt finance the car through them.
    Wow! That's $1000 less their "dealer cost" listed on their website.
    i went to bernadi toyota in framingham and they would only go to 15800 i didnt try wellesley because boch gave me that deal i think because it was the end of the month they wanted get the car out of there. i really had to fight for it. they told me 15000 right there but they wanted me to finace through them and i didnt want to i had the money they were trying to convince me to finance, make one payment and then pay it outright i just wanted to pay the car they didnt like that but after an hour when i was really going to get the hell out of there they took the 15000
  • tmoney25tmoney25 Member Posts: 2
    I have an offer from dealer for a fully loaded S corolla for 18,800 OTD...what do you guys think? I have researched that $17,500 as the cars invoice(including options).

ALL WEATHER GUARD PACKAGE
    ANTILOCK BRAKING SYSTEM
    CARPET FLOOR TRUNK MAT SET
    EXTRA VALUE PACKAGE #1 (INCLUDES CRUISE CONTROL, STEERING WHEEL MOUNTED CRUISE CONTROLS, POWER WINDOWS WITH DRIVER'S SIDE 1-TOUCH DOWN, REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY, COLOR KEYED REAR SPOILER AND ALLOY WHEELS.)
    SUNROOF AND SIDE AIRBAGS
    V.I.P. RS3200 PLUS SECURITY SYSTEM
    VEHICLE STABILITY Control
    06 LE 5 spd w/ All Weather, Audio Value, Preferred Accessory...$13,000 sale price, $13,912 otd.
  • samy1samy1 Member Posts: 10
    Very good price for LE. Can I ask you where did you buy this at.
    Thanks,
  • cargirl13cargirl13 Member Posts: 22
    Has anyone bought a Toyota from a dealership around Boston? What has your experience been?
    Is that manual transmission?
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    It is manual - Corollas only have a 4 speed automatic. Yet another reason to get a stick!! Of course, I would still buy a stick, even if a 6 speed automatic was available!
    Where in Mass didd you buy? I am looking for a corolla, automatic with ABS brakes? Do you think I can get something in the 13K range?
    Boch seems to have good prices and they list "their" price on their website. I have not bought one yet but am also very close to it. If you can do a search on these threads for Boch, I think you'll come up with something.
    Boch dealer in MA seem to have very good pricing. I have the quote for 2006 Corolla S Auto, Extra Value Package, All weather pack, Six disc CD, Floor mats for $15700 + TTL extra. Probably if I pursue seriously I could easily get couple hundred dollars off. But the thing is I live in Michigan. Is there a way that I buy from Boch and pick the car from the local dealer in Michigan. I guess this would be a possibility if the dealers across the different states have some kind of understanding or something like that. Please share your experiences.
    Thanks
    Yes, it's manual. I bought it at Sloane in Devon, PA. I'm very happy with the car. 37 mpg on my first tank with zero highway driving!
    Check out post #1046 (and other posts by joelansing). Not sure if you're near Lansing, but this seems like a good deal. I was thinking of bringing this figure to Boch to see if they could meet it. I still have to get some details in order.
    Is this auto trans? Aslo do you mean the Audio Value package with Six disc & cruise. Could you please list the options you got. I live close to Lansing and the price seem to be very good, I might buy from them
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.