Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    windycity2windycity2 Member Posts: 17
    Today I visited 2 dealers for Toyota Corolla LE 2006 auto sedan silver streak color with audio value package, all weather package, ABS and side air bag options. Both of them quoted price $16556.00 and wouldn't go a dollar below that. What do you think of this price? Will I have better luck with another dealer? Neither of them have it in stock but they say they can get it in 2 weeks.

Strangely with the above options carsdirect.com shows invoice price of $16556.00 where as edmunds.com shows it as $16171.00. Not sure whom to believe?
  • Options
    fuzzywaynefuzzywayne Member Posts: 1
    Hey windy,
    I just purchased one in San Antonio (Red McCombs Toyota) pretty similar to what you are looking for. It is:

06 Corolla LE, automatic, ABS, side airbags, audio value, and floor/truck mat set. MSRP was 17992, I paid 16300 after a college grad rebate. carsdirect doesn't show an invoice, it shows a "target price", which is their estimate of the actual going rate of the car. My target was 16626, so with the rebate I did a little better. The actual invoice (which edmunds, carsdirect, kbb, and nada all got wrong) was 16247, which I deduced from info from all the sites and the dealer.

Did you try telling one dealer that the other quoted you the same? When I did that they dropped the price to beat the other dealer.

Oh, and none of the 4 dealers I called had anything remotely like what what I wanted in stock or on the way. The dealer I ended up buying from did some kind of dealer trade to get this particular car faster.
  • Options
    sarge77sarge77 Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell us the name of the dealer & the city in the Ventura county area where you got the deal you mentioned recently?

It sounds like a GREAT deal, and I'll be traveling to that area soon--it would be worth it for me to go to that dealer...

thanks for your help!
  • Options
    sr45sr45 Member Posts: 144
    Today I visited 2 dealers for Toyota Corolla LE 2006 auto sedan silver streak color with audio value package, all weather package, ABS and side air bag options. Both of them quoted price $16556.00 and wouldn't go a dollar below that. What do you think of this price?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    My first quote with the LE 06 without airbags, but with ABS, Audio Package, Rear Spoiler, Splashguards, Mats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, and Tinting was priced at $ 16,723.00 before tax, lic, and Doc fee. This is in Florida. What else did you get with it ?
  • Options
    gpoogpoo Member Posts: 1
    I too am about to order an 06 Corolla LE, manual, side airbags, ABS, audio value package (to get cruise control), and weather guard package (for the allegedly heavy duty heater).
    One dealer says he'll have to order the car and would ask a $500 down payment.
    Is it customary to make such a down payment when ordering a car?
    Of course, I'd read the fine print to make sure I get the payment back if they don't come through with what I want -- no more, no less.
  • Options
    I to paid up front this $ 500 bucks to order a vehicle which is fully refundable. Just make sure it is stated on some paper work. I canceled my order, and got the refund, than later gave it back for another vehicle, since the Civic's were too high.
  • Options
    lmbethkelmbethke Member Posts: 7
    Garcia,

I don't quite get the question.... but the 6-cd changer is an upgrade... normally the corolla's come standard with a 1-disc player. You can either get the 6-speaker upgrade (called "Value Audio Upgrade") or 8-speakers ("JBL Audio Upgrade")

They probably only carry the 6-disc player because they figure people will want them, just it's more money in their pocket, since they make a little on ALL upgrades (invoice vs. msrp) that people do.
  • Options
    Another thing: The price diffrence between Corolla LE with above options and Camry LE with side air bag option is close to $2000.00 but it is a bigger and much comfortable car.

I am having hardtime justifying a Corolla purchase just for mileage(when we can get Camry for another $2000.00 extra(which in my view is not a big diffrence when you compare with total price)
  • Options
    charleytampacharleytampa Member Posts: 43
    Hey all,

I'm more of a lurker rather than a poster. However, I'd like to say that everyone in the central FL region should consider checking up on the Toyota dealership in Gainesville. They initially start off with very high prices, but with persistence they come down quite a bit. It's tedious but the sales personnel aren't jerks to work with like in other joints. I see some good deals here, and since I'm considering purchasing an 05 or 06 myself, I'm glad to see what the pricings typically tend to be.

That being said, about a year and a half ago I negotiated (for my ex gf, argh) an 04 Corolla S, with abs, cruise control, power everything, keyless entry, auto, for 16k out the door. THis was at Gatorland Toyota in Gville. Now I've dealt with a bunch of dealerships, and I've got to say that although there were slightly better deals elsewhere and the sales reps were very pleasant to work with.

BAD experiences with the dealership off of 19 in clearwater, the one on Fletcher in Tampa, and the one in Brandon.

What would a Corolla with the same options cost today? Anybody know?

thanks!
  • Options
    mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    I was asked to put down $750 for when I special ordered my '99 LE 5 speed, because they said they would never be able to sell it if I backed out because it was a stick.
  • Options
    With what I have seen so far, 16k OTD is a difficult one. 16K+TTL may be possible.
  • Options
    charleytampacharleytampa Member Posts: 43
    really! I guess prices have gone significantly up; i guess the gas prices have a lot to do with that. I remember that the standards were really not hot sellers.
  • Options
    pricematchpricematch Member Posts: 7
    06 Corolla LE, auto, audio value package, and weather guard package, and floor mat. Dealer quoted price $15900 before TTL. This is in Memphis, Tennessee. Is this a deal? I have asked $15500. They said "NO, this is not a gift". I didn't buy it. The sale person was rude. I am gonna try another dealer.
  • Options
    Pricematch...So far my cost without TTL is $ 16,723.00 with the LE Automatic, Splash guards, floor mats, ABS, Spoiler, Auto Dimming Mirrors, 3 free oil changes. This will give you an idea of your price quote of $15,900...Clearwater, Florida....
  • Options
    megemege Member Posts: 2
    I guess it is cheaper in Memphis. I got two quotes for a 2006 LE with alloy wheels and Anti lock brakes. First quote was 18,170 and the second was 17,056. I live in the Chicago area. Most sticker prices I say at the dealership were between 17 and 18. What did Edmunds Price finder say for your zip?
  • Options
    megemege Member Posts: 2
    Hi Windycity,
    Are you IN the Windycity? I was just hoping, because your price seems pretty low compared to what I was quoted over the internet. Edmunds said the TMV was 16, 575 with ABS and alloy wheels. So your price sounds right on! If you are in Chicago, please tell me where you got that quote.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Compared to what guys paid, 15900 sounds a lot higher. After TTL, the total price would be 17500. Is that too high for a economy car. :confuse: I am gonna wait and see.
  • Options
    I agree $17500 is a lot of money for an economy car but that's how dealers are charging now a days. 3 weeks ago my brother bought a camry for $19.2K OTD which is also not as bad w.r.t mileage. Some times I think mileage alone can't justify Corolla purchase if Camry is available for nearly the same price.

This situation is partly because of fuel prices and also low inventory caused by production problems with Toyota. I believe things will settle down soon.
  • Options
    butterfly225butterfly225 Member Posts: 1
    I'm financing my first car and I'm wondering if 14,500 (sticker price is 15,995)is a good price for a Corolla LE, 7 year/ 1000,000 mi power train warranty; 3 mo bumper to bumper warranty, keyless entry, engine immobilizer with 32,000 mi. They had a 2003 CE but they wouldn't go lower than 14495.
  • Options
    lmbethkelmbethke Member Posts: 7
    Pricematch,

I got the same car with what you specify, I got ours for $15,344 but that's including destination and before incentives..... just to give you an idea.

I am in Milwaukee, WI - FYI.
  • Options
    15344 is a good deal I think. I told them 15900 was too high. The saleperson said they only make 100 dollars. :) would upgrade it to camery if I can get one with 19200 OTD.
  • Options
    beantownbeantown Member Posts: 228
    I wouldn't expect a response on the dealership info, Sarge. There's no way a dealer is going to go $14,400 including destination for an $18,174 fully loaded LE. That's over $2K below invoice. That would be a huge loss for a dealer on an economy car...one Toyota would never take. Seems 90% of the posters here are lucky to even get invoice BEFORE destination, with the average for similarly equipped Corollas being around $16,500 or more.
  • Options
    jeffery88jeffery88 Member Posts: 11
    Well, Beantown, I think it is possible if it's just a base model (LE, 4A) with invoice of $15,478 (LE, 4A), destination charge included. Manual one would be lower.

Quote from OP:

"Just got it for $15,078 + (tax, tag, and $99 processing fee) from Carmax at Laurel, Maryland. "
  • Options
    Jeffery:

Look at the scenario again. Sarge was asking Priyardashi for dealer information on a model with an MSRP of over $18K that Pri (2 or 3 pages back) said he got for $14,400. Pri specifically said it was an LE auto with Sunroof and listed several options. He listed the MSRP as $18,174, Invoice as $16,500 and said he was able to get it for $14,400 after destination. I called bullsh*t on it and Pri is now avoiding posting the dealership.

What you are quoting is a completely different car (with an invoice price more than $1K less than Pri's) that still couldn't match the price Pri supposedly got. Do you not agree that there is no way Toyota would sell an $18K LE for $14,400K?
  • Options
    Beantown,

Yes, we are looking at different ones. But I think what Priyardashi said was a 05' Corolla. Maybe he was lucky enough to get the last 05' Corolla at that dealership? I agree, even though for a 05' one, this is the unbelievable price I've ever heard. The lowest price I got from Fighting Chance is $1,553 below invoice in Frederick, MD. I wish I could get a deal like that.

Quote from Priyardashi,
    "How good is mine deal?? -- LE 05 white, with JBL 6 CD changer and 6 speakers, Cruise control, Aluminium Wheel, power tilt/slide monnroof with inner mirror, carpet floor mat and cargo net - all for 14400 including destination and excluding TAX and fees. I also got 2.9 APR for 36 month. MSRP of this car is 18174 and Invoice was around 16500. "
  • Options
    I depoisted $200 about three weeks ago. The dealer said it sould be delivered within 10 business days. Now it's way past that time. I talked to the dealer, and they refused to give me arrival time. They said all showed on their computer was "On the way". And they are out of control with the expected arrival time. Is that a lie? I don't know how long I should wait, or should I cancel it?

Anybody has the same situation as mine?
  • Options
    viva_unixviva_unix Member Posts: 14
    Hello everyone!
    I have a question... I have ordered Toyota CorollaS 2006 with 5MT. I also included those packages: CK, VP, CE, AB, FE. Everything seems to be fine, but my dealer is not able to order this car from manufacture. They say that order is always returns back (2 times already = 1 month).
    ???
    The biggest problem that they do not know why!!!
    So, does anyone know why? I hear that CorollaS with ABS MUST come with moonroof. I did not order that one. Should I add it? Do you know where I can see the rules for adding options to the car? Maybe MT does not come with ABS in this model? :(
    Thank you!
  • Options
    That is why you never deposit before you see and test the car you want. A lot of car buying tips web said that if I am not wrong. If you can get it from other dealers, then cancel it. otherwise it doesn't hurt to wait, I guess.
  • Options
    Here is my sad story....$500 down on an LE automatic, JBL, ABS, spoiler, splashguard, mats, auto dimming mirrors, and was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks for the order to arrive. It never arrived. Canceled order after the 6 weeks, and tried the Civic, but they wanted MSRP even to this day in Florida, and I am not a fool to throw away that kind of money for a econo car, PERIOD. Went back to Toyota, and they said it was impossible to order the above Corolla LE with ABS, and JBL together. So, I asked for the ABS system, side impact bags, spoiler, splashguards, mats and again was told ABS and the side impact air bags could not be ordered together, but if I would drop the air bags, the vehicle would be here in 3 to 7 days, since it was already on the boat :confuse: Thought they made these things in the USA...Its been five days past the time, and no vehicle in sight. They have another $500 of mine, and thinking now just to cancel again and keep my 05 Rav 4 until the 2008 or earlier remake of the Corolla.
  • Options
    I've heard of not being able to order the auto dimming mirror and the side airbags together, but I've never heard of not being able to get ABS with the side airbags. As a matter of fact, it should be the opposite. Most won't let you get one without the other because they're part of a "safety package". I'd go to a different Toyota dealership and try again....
  • Options
    This is the options from Toyota website. It is true you can not combine any features as you wish. All of the car comes with Options, if you want some, you also pay for others you do not want. From the table, I think you can select option C, which does carry both side airbag and ABS. I added the invoice and MSRP to each option. I was told you could not get a car without Floor mats, so "CF" is added to all.

Invoice MSRP
    Option A (4A,CK,VV,CF) $15,658 $16,905
    Option B (4A,CK,VV,AB,CF) $15,993 $17,295
    Option C (4A,CK,VV,AB,BE,CF) $16,556 $17,950
    Option D (4A,CK,VV,AB,SR,CF) $16,593 $18,045
    Option E (4A,CK,VJ,AB,SR,AW,LA,CF) $17,776 $19,475
  • Options
    Pricematch,

06' Corolla is so hot that they do not have many in stock, especially the ones with features and color I want. At least that's what I was told by dealer. I was also hesitate to make the deposit before I could see the car. But I was tempted by nearly $400 difference.
  • Options
    I think you may check it out at Toyota website. I'm not sure about the manual one.
  • Options
    You are right about the dimming mirrors and the airbags.. Should have deleted that part which I knew about, but the other stuff, with the ABS/JBL system threw me when they said they could not get it, when I saw others with it.
  • Options
    Invoice MSRP
    Option A (4A,CK,VV,CF) $15,658 $16,905
    Option B (4A,CK,VV,AB,CF) $15,993 $17,295
    Option C (4A,CK,VV,AB,BE,CF) $16,556 $17,950
    Option D (4A,CK,VV,AB,SR,CF) $16,593 $18,045
    Option E (4A,CK,VJ,AB,SR,AW,LA,CF) $17,776 $19,475

What's the logic of buying Options C or D or E when you can get a Camry for another $2000. In my view Corolla is an overpriced car especially if you add all the options. I hate toyota for one reason that they make side airbags an option and produce very few cars with that option.
  • Options
    ntt2005ntt2005 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I've just bought a 06 Corolla LE (4A, VV, CF) for $15450 in Los Angeles. I also bought the LoJack for $695 from the dealer. Could somebody advice me if the LoJack is a little excessive for Corolla? Can I undo the LoJack option? Thanks.
  • Options
    Reason is simple for me windycity2...I like smaller cars, over larger ones, I like better gas mileage with the Corolla over the Camry and don't want to pay more for insurance with the Camry over the Corolla and the $2,000 added cost to boot....
  • Options
    wabiswabis Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

i've an offer for 06 corolla LE with all std features and additionally 6-disc changer for 17800 drive out. is it worth?
  • Options
    Don't know what you mean " Drive Out "...You mean just the normal features with the additional 6 disc changer and nothing else, which includes the tax, lic, title, interest ?

Have mine with ABS, Spoiler, Mats, Dimming Mirrors, Splashgurards, Cruise and 6 disk changer for $ 16,723.00 without tax, title, interest and Doc Fee's. All included will be $ 17,300 abouts. Taking into consideration that my 05 Rav 4 will help with the sales tax on the 06 Corolla, in that I won't pay much of any tax, with the trade.
  • Options
    thanks a lot for the reply..drive out means includes everything and u r ready to go...so eventually it means it includes all tax+doc+ttl...it has all basic features that an LE has...17800 includes everything for toyotta corolla 2006 LE...i asked for 17500 but not coming down...any comments dude?
  • Options
    Sounds like it is at least $800 higher than that average paid for the same car. Am I right? :confuse:
  • Options
    do u suggest 17300 wud be fair enough..but he is not coming down...
  • Options
    17800 includes everything for toyotta corolla 2006 LE...i asked for 17500 but not coming down...any comments ...
    --------------------------------------------------

Just tell us the cost without the added tax, lic, and other fees for your area, and lets see if you paid too much..... My price was $ 16,723.00 without any add on fee's which include again the ABS, Spoiler, Mud Guards, Mats, Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror, and Cruise Control with the 6 cd changer and window tinting. And that price shown above is about 4% above invoice for me, and hope its a fair price.....
  • Options
    i'm in Irving, TX 75038...the features it has are power door&window locks,airbags)front&side),6-disc cd changeer...,mats,power steering that's it...

TIA
  • Options
    Wabis,
    That's way from everything of a Corolla. From you said, the invoice should be around $16,556, MSRP17,950. You may judge it by how much you pay without TTL & fees compared to invoice. In Chicago, I usually get the quote at the invoice price. My order is below that but I'm still waiting for it after 3 weeks of depoist.
  • Options
    invoice price shows 15510 in edmunds for LE 06 corolla, how can i get below invoice price from a dealer..?the features it has i hv already mentioned...
  • Options
    Don't you have ABS? Or can you tell us what's the MSRP on your car window?

Also, the invoice on Edmunds is lower than other website such as Carsdirect.com. I assume, they have deducted 2% holding back from the actual invoice, which is more close to the true cost of a dealer pays to manufacturer.
  • Options
    16640 is the MSRP for ce corolla 2006...i've an offer for 17800 without abs i think ..need to confirm from the dealer...i'm new to the car market...is it worth?
  • Options
    You first stated that you were getting the LE and now its the CE...Which is it ?....Invoice only, no tax, lic and tags, for the LE with mats and 6 cd changer only is $ 15,367.00 according to NADA. My invoice price according to the site listed by the other poster is $16,974.00 for the ABS, Spoiler, Window Tinting, Splash guards, mats, auto dimming mirrors and I'm getting it for $16,723.00, which is lower than Invoice. You are not getting a deal at all in my opinion, so walk out and see what they will do for you. Pay very close to invoice only before taxes, fee's and tags. At least no more than 3% above invoice, which is around $15,800.00 before the other fees are included.

Are you sure they are not adding the Toyo Guard as well and having you pay for it ?
  • Options
    Wabis,

I'm more confused now.

sr45,
    "Are you sure they are not adding the Toyo Guard as well and having you pay for it ? "

What's Toyo Guard?
    When do you think you may get your car? What might be the problem of the delay? Are the dealers cheating on us or they do not have any in stock? Did they give you a definite delivery date? I regret now I didn't get an answer from the dealer when I asked what if the delivery time is longer than expected.
This discussion has been closed.