Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dmharveydmharvey Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2006 Toyota Corolla LE with the "JBL Value Package" (6-disk changer, cruise, power/remote locks...) and the "All Weather Guard Package".

Paid $14692.00 ($15837.48 with taxes, title, plates, etc).

Purchased at Draper Toyota (Saginaw, Michigan).

;)
  • michelle11michelle11 Member Posts: 4
    Is it auto or manual? I cannot believe if it is auto. Did you use any incentives?
  • mbhagwatmbhagwat Member Posts: 1
    I received the following quote on a corolla LE 2006

15,979.95 plus TT&L. This is without any negotiations. What should be the correct price for the same ? I am from Dallas Ft.Worth area in Texas.

I am a first time buyer, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
  • ehssameehssame Member Posts: 5
    I got the following quote after a lil bit of negotiations. Please let me know your thoughts whether this is a good/bad/great bargain especially at this time of the year ?

Toyota Corolla CE Auto 2006
    All weather guard package
    Cruise Control
    Power windows
    Power Doors

14400 + tax,title,tags + processing fee

I am in the DC MD VA area

Thanks
  • akhanakhan Member Posts: 23
    I got this internet price from Champion Toyota in Austin Texas, any comments about the price? I told the sales person I would not pay for any extra options(as is the custom when buying a Toyota in the Gulf States region)

Toyota Corolla S Auto 2006
    value package #1

16500 + tax,title,tags + processing fee

I am in Austin,Texas
  • carbuyer18carbuyer18 Member Posts: 1
    I bought Toyota Corolla CE with all weather package, power windows, power doors, mats, cruise contol for $14900. I paid about $650 for title, tag, tax, processing etc. Total $15,500. I bought in Richmond, VA. I hope this helps other buyers.....
  • bipwopbipwop Member Posts: 21
    bought a NEW 2006 (8 miles) Corolla CE, white, ToyoGuard, floor mats
    no power locks or cargo net
    $15,251 out-the-door
  • momstruck1momstruck1 Member Posts: 206
    we are in SI and looking for a corolla Automatic with the side air bags, power windows etc. and not too much more not looking for many extras just a good second car. we love our sienna but that is the family car and we need a car for hubby to take to work . Any places to check out ??
  • tim3210tim3210 Member Posts: 1
    Paid $600 under invoice. $15,600+TTL Alloy, JBL Value. Seemed I could get any Corolla at that price. Bought at Riverside Toyota (Rancho Margarita also quoted same prices)
  • goyalgoyal Member Posts: 2
    Hey,

I got OTD 06 Toyota Corolla LE for $16500. What rebates did dealer tell you and did you see the Invoice paper with dealer.
  • giantkillergiantkiller Member Posts: 273
    Corolla S with extra value package is 15.5K + TTL. If they dont budge, walkaway. Dont pay for any added garbage option from GST. Price should be the same since I'm from Houston.
  • goyalgoyal Member Posts: 2
    Hello dmharvey,

Did you got to see the Floor plan assistance fees on Invoice. I was wondering if you remember it.

I went to a dealer and he wouldnt show me the invoice paper.

You got almost 1000 bucks under invoice. Any tips how did you do it.

Thanks in advance,
  • fuzzymefuzzyme Member Posts: 2
    I live in Jacksonville Florida and I went to Arlington Toyota and got a quote for $17925 out the door with an hour of negotiating. This price just seems wrong to me.
    Funny. the same place gave me a price $560 higher than where I ended up buying my Corolla, and told me they knew "for a fact" that their deal could not be beat, and that the deal went away at 8:00 that evening. Right.....

Worse yet was Coggin Toyota in Jacksonville. Their price was about $1,000 higher than what I paid. (Prices I refer to are "out-the-door".)
  • mbj92173mbj92173 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased in San Diego,Ca
    06 Corolla S

Silver
    EVP#1
    PAP
    Paid $16280 otd
  • fuzzymefuzzyme Member Posts: 2
    So where did you buy your Corolla LE and what out the door price did you pay?
    This won't help you.
    I live in Port Charlotte, about 5 hours away. My dad lives in St. Augustine and he was convinced that cars would be cheaper there.
    So in addition to checking out 4 Toyota dealerships here, I also checked out the ones in Jacksonville. The two in Jacksonville were significantly higher.
    So I don't know what to say, except c'mon down! ;)
    No, seriously, check around. I'm pretty sure you can do better.
    I did all my research online, corresponded with salesmen online, and then picked the best offer. There was a $1,430 difference between the top and the bottom out-the-door offers!
    Best of luck!
  • flpcguyflpcguy Member Posts: 24
    I shopped in the Jacksonville area for the entire month of December but finally bought in GA. While the big JAX dealers make far more on a car (by depreciating their huge new properties), they don't pass it along to you. All charge $250 to $579 for bogus doc fees and title processing. In Florida, it cost exactly $31.20 for a new title application and $4.60 to tranfer your tags. Any more is PURE DEALER MARKUP. They also claim they can't use a standard FL title application form but half the Corollas come from California and require no country of origin paperwork like the ones from Ontario.

I bought a base CE 5-speed with no options in GA for $13,780 including $250 for docs (commissions), adding only 6% tax plus $50 for my county. While the MSRP was $14,660 with delivery, I managed only about $751 off list plus half off the markup fees and that was with hidden December incentives to the dealer (between $500 and $750). A big JAX dealer advertised $13268 delivered but added a mandatory $579 in processing fees, so it wasn't much different. Offer no more than Edmunds Invoice price plus delivery ($655 in Southeast US), tax and $250 doc fees.

Base CE's come fully equipped with filtered A/C, AM/FM/CD, fuel & trunk release cables, tach & temp gauges, outside air temp, vanity mirrors, and much more. The only options you may want are Automatic ($880), and the Upgrade Pkg-- ($470) pw and remote pwr door locks. Everything else is overpriced including the Sport and LE versions.

Since the gas price increase in August 2005 dealers have not been very negotiable on Corollas, Honda's or other economical cars and give only wholesale value for SUVs or large sedan trade-ins. Hidden dealer incentives ended in January.

You will be very lucky if you get a CE for under $14k plus options and taxes. Once gas hits $2.75 or higher, expect to pay full sticker PLUS doc fees.

Know exactly what you want and how to negotiate (see websites). Set a 20 min. time limit for dealer negotiation. Don't let them keep you waiting. Present your offer and leave when you said you would, regardless.

Put nothing in writing until the Sales Manager presents you with a signed counter offer especially if you have a trade-in. Cross out nonsense legalese that says they aren't liable for damage to the new vehicle, etc. or make them sign your written offer that shows an out-the-door price and mandatory delivery date. Never negotiate by monthly payments.

Get your own financing from a Credit Union and use any rebates as your downpayment. If you can be intimidated, take along a big friend to keep you to your predetermined maximum price. Play one dealer against another until you get the best price before putting anything in writing. Just in case, pay no more than a $500 credit card deposit once you have your out the door price in writing.
  • flpcguyflpcguy Member Posts: 24
    JAX dealers are very tough. I got the best price from Keith Pierson off Blanding. Ernie Palmer (formerly Westside) and Arlington were the worst, Coggin Avenues (formerly Buddy Hutchinson) wasn't much better. Try Walker-Jones in Waycross, GA and Brunswick Toyota which is where I got the best out the door price.
  • doulosdoulos Member Posts: 5
    I just paid $16,394 plus TTL for an LE at Fitzmall in Frederick, MD.

BE side curtain airbags
    CK weather guard (stuck with this)
    AB ABS brakes
    VV Audio value package/cruise control
    CF Carpeted floor mats

MSRP was $18,248 minus a VV discount of $250 = $17,998.

Thanks to previous posters here for leading me to Fitzmall. The buying process was a breeze. I called to reserve the car, I drove from Raleigh, NC where I live and it was waiting for me. I brought a "blank" check from my lender and the paperwork was wrapped up in about an hour. No trade-in. I have a temp MD tag and am waiting for my NC plates in the mail. I couldn't be happier with the no-haggle internet price or their service.

Oh, actually, there was one thing. They mounted a plate frame on the front bumper which we don't need here in NC. Now I have to figure out how to hide those two holes.
    Sorry, that was an automatic.
  • homethhometh Member Posts: 7
    Can you explain what's the VV discount? Thx
    Hi, all: :)

I got a quote of $16300. So $14,493+$335(AB)+$600(SR)
    $122(cruise)+$580(destination)= $16130

so the price is ok to buy? :confuse:

Thx. :lemon:
    VV is the audio value package that contains a six CD in-dash changer and cruise control.

There was a $250 discount listed on the factory sticker that applied to this option.
  • beantownbeantown Member Posts: 228
    $13,780 for a base CE with no options? Wow. You should come up to Massachusetts. There are two large dealers up here that advertise that identical car every week in the Sunday papers for $10,900 brand new. You guys are getting ripped off.
  • akhanakhan Member Posts: 23
    Thanks a lot for this info, BTW I am going to testdrive the corolla today, in light of the $500 cash to customer incentives going on till 01/31/06, do you think the price should reduced further by $500 ?

I will make an offer for $15000+TTL.

Any other discounts/incentives/rebates going on that I should know about especially on packages and options?

I am even beinging to wonder what the diff is between base CE and S? anyone done this comparison?

thanks a lot folks
    Thanks a lot for this info, BTW I am going to testdrive the corolla today, in light of the $500 cash to customer incentives going on till 01/31/06, do you think the price should reduced further by $500 ?

Is there any incentive of $500 now?Can you explain more?
    Thx.
  • giantkillergiantkiller Member Posts: 273
    The $15.5K is with the $500 rebate but you could offer them that. Anything below $15.5K +TTL is acceptable.
  • mfw_2k6mfw_2k6 Member Posts: 1
    Which dealerships are you speaking of, and is the price of one with options also cheaper?
  • momstruck1momstruck1 Member Posts: 206
    side curtain air bags , up-graded 6 cd changer radio , ABS , floor mt pkg and something else that was out the door price in NYC .
  • charleytampacharleytampa Member Posts: 43
    After test driving the civic and mazda3, I decided on a manual corolla.

I was pretty tired of shopping around and wasting time, so I walked into the dealership and said, "I want otd below 16k with power everything and remote keyless, along with auto."

Saleslady said that simply couldn't be done (she actually wearily laughed), but she said she could get me a manual phantom grey with 3 miles on it with ev package 1 and the 6 cd and cruise for 17.3k otd. I told her no way...I got it down to 16.9 + floor mats (woo-hoo, floor mats!) plus a few free oil changes and car washes (woo-hoo! car washes! lol).

It was a manual, and I had to pay more than I wanted, but I got decent financing on it, and I'm done buying. I wouldn't have bought the car but the manual was SO much smoother and peppier than the auto. Additionally, I had a clunker of a car with a broken trunk with accident damage, two broken doors, keyed paint, broken windows, and it barely ran...they gave me 600 for it PLUS they opened the trunk for me so I could retrieve my Christmas presents for the first time! I stole a peek at the paperwork and although they tried to get me on some other stuff, it appears (I could be wrong) that they lost money on this. I figured that I could probably get them to come down more, but I was tired of negotiating and just wanted done. The saleslady from the internet dept was really nice, actually. THe financing fellow was furious bc I told him point blank, "I don't want anything else. Just the loan for the car."

Anyway, I think the manaul runs so much better than the auto. Here in the tricounty area gas prices have caused the corolla to be VERY much in demand. It's crazy what some dealerships wanted. I laughed and walked out on more than a few.

Camry also has huge discounts now too as they're trying to shove them off of the lots. I know you can buy an le otd under 20k, which is not bad a'tall.
    The dealerships I'm speaking of are Boch Toyota and Ira Toyota in Mass. Both have one brand new "stripped" Corolla CE listed on each of their lots for under $11,000 in this week's Sunday Boston Globe. They appear to be automatics as well, as neither dealership has listed any manual Corollas on their websites for as long as I can remember.

Based off of this pricing (well below invoice), I can't see why you wouldn't be able to negotiate somewhat similarly on a Corolla with options.
  • my06corollamy06corolla Member Posts: 6
    Paid $15,074/- OTD for Corolla 2006 CE with all power and floor mats, NO Extras.

I got $400 for Student Financing and $500 for customer rebate.

I bought @Charles Maund at Austin, TX.

Similar config costed 16,500 and 17,200 at Champion and Classic Toyota.

Charles Maund rules..thanks.
    "Similar config costed 16,500 and 17,200 at Champion and Classic Toyota"

Seriously? I can't believe places are charging that much. I could get a loaded LE around here for less than $17,200 easily. Anyone who pays that for a CE with minimal options should be put out of their misery.

I wouldn't even pay that in Canadian dollars.
  • steveauto2005steveauto2005 Member Posts: 1
    Dear all,

Trying to get a 06 LE (auto)
    AB BE FE VV P4 M5
    So far quoted at 17,000 before rebate
    need help

Got another "invoice" from a dealer in Dallas. Listed
    TMF--(what is this?) $200
    Base-Veh-HB (base vehicle hold back)$322
    TAF--(what is this?) $295
    PIO-HB (port installed holdback) $18
    Finance Reserve $161

I want to get ride of these fees, but need to know what TMF and TAF is. I assume TAF is also known as TDAF(Toyota Dealer Advertising fee). They should not charge any hold back at all since by doing so they are double charging. If the car is going to be delivered in 2 weeks from Gulf State Toyota(distributor), they shouldn't have any finance cost either. But TAF or TMF... I am lost in how to argue my way out.
  • viragovirago Member Posts: 1
    I was offered 16500+TTL for a Corolla S with all of the options that I wanted, Moonroof, EVP #1. Is this a good deal or should I see if I could get something better?
    I live in AR and edmunds quoted at 17328+TTL

Thanks for any info.
  • dipsetbichcjdipsetbichcj Member Posts: 2
    Hello my name is CJ Im trying to get a corolla S and I need advice since this will be my first car. What price should be paid for the Corolla S with rebates before TTL.
  • smaroonsmaroon Member Posts: 2
    In N. California, I recently paid about 16,300 (plus TTL) for a Corolla S with auto, side air bags, Extra Value Package and ABS. In addition to this, I got the $400 grad rebate through Toyota finance. They are not offering the other rebate here, just the low finance rates.

Since rebates are paid for by Toyota Corp., you should definitely negotiate the price of the car before including any rebates. They don't cost the dealer anything.

We negotiated entirely on the phone by comparison shopping through Internet and Fleet managers, who tend to be much more straight forward and knowledgeable than regular salespeople.
  • leo12leo12 Member Posts: 5
    HI cooldoc:
    I would appreciate the name and city/town your dealership is in?
    thank you
  • keptnamekeptname Member Posts: 51
    Whatever they are, I did not pay them when I purchased my matrix in October. I am beginning negotiations on a corolla LE now. If I get these fees to I'll let you know.
  • dipsetbichcjdipsetbichcj Member Posts: 2
    did u have to show that u grad to get the student discount?
  • maximillian1maximillian1 Member Posts: 2
    Avoid this dealership, they are dishonest and practice bait and switch tactics even up to the day you come in to take delivery. Starts with the salesespeople and is sanctioned by mgmt. Toyota Corp. won't back you up, saying that they'll take note of your complaint but that this is an independently owned and operated dealership and they are limited in their jurisdiction.
  • keptnamekeptname Member Posts: 51
    I just negotiated a great deal over the phone for a toyota corolla LE auto with side airbags, audio value package, and antilock breaks, for $17069 OTD.

I had the sales guy put it in writing and faxed the pricing to me. I gave him my Credit card to charge my deposit to hold the car.

Problem? He won't give me the vin number. He says because the number can change between now and the delivery date (which is march 3rd). I know that is crap. I can go on line and see the exact car he is describing to me and its the only one they are getting in, so I know the vin number just by going on Toyota's inventory site. I know the vin doesn't change once it is assigned.

So, any advice?
  • delsdels Member Posts: 4
    Today, I just picked up an 06 Corolla LE (auto) with upgraded stereo pkg w/ cruise control, the weather pkg, floor mats for $15, 499 here in MA.
    Great deal, dels.

I'm assuming you went to either IRA or Boch?

These are the kind of prices I was talking about earlier. This further strengthens my argument that people that are paying the same or more than you just did for a loaded LE when all they are getting is a base CE are throwing their money away.
  • icbmguyicbmguy Member Posts: 1
    I paid $15,011.32 (internet deal), plus TTL, from Ourisman Chantilly Toyota in Chantilly, VA. This wasn't their price but rather "matched priced" from another dealership nearby. It is an 06 "S" model with Value Package #1. Maybe I could have done better but am happy with the deal and don't feel that I got screwed over.
  • atlanta_savatlanta_sav Member Posts: 2
    I'm here near Atlanta, GA looking for a base Corolla CE and one of the dealerships has stated that they are willing to sell for $500 below invoice on a CE ($13,100 + TTL) (Atlanta Toyota).

It seems like I should be able to get them lower than this. Would it be worthwhile to catch a cheap one-way flight out of state and pick one up elsewhere? I can't believe people would be willing to pay $15,000 + for a CE!
    No it wasn't one of those. I went to Tri State in Dudley. I had an offer from Fox in E. Prov that was really good and used that as leverage in negotiating. They did have a doc prep fee that was a little high that they wouldn't budge on so I got them to lower the price of the car to match the Fox offer. Then after making the deal, I got a $200 coupon emailed to me from Fox that would have made Fox the better deal but . . .

I basically went in and when the salesperson started talking about sticker price I stopped him and told him that it was bs and we should be talking about invoice price and work from there. He was ok with that. Just go in with knowledge and this site is great for getting educated on prices.
    I think the problem with the base CE model is that there isn't a lot of room for the dealer to make a good deal. You could probably do better by opting for the LE model.
  • daiqaritadaiqarita Member Posts: 7
    I'm going to either buy a Corolla LE, Civic LX or Sentra S. Based on the best deal I can find. The Corolla salesman seemed a bit wishy-washy. They advertise $100 over invoice... so doing my homework, I had the math all figured out. When I called - he came in $1,000 higher (not including the TTL and "documentation fee"). I questioned the price he gave me, he said it included options that were "not removable" such as floor mats - he said the invoice price online doesn't include these things and "unfortunately, they come with the car". So what are they? MANDATORY OPTIONS? That's not right, is it? So he also couldn't tell me what Title & Reg was - he said at least $400. I questioned if that was high (06 Civic quoted me $315)... then he said maybe between $300-400. He said his doc fee is $359 - also higher than I found elsewhere. Then he said he could get me a base model 06 LE manual transmission for "AROUND $16,400 OTD". First of all I'm tempted to go with the Civic, because I like the salesguy there better... but I kinda like the Corolla better than the new Civic. Any input on Corolla LE prices for me? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.