Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Odyssey vs Dodge/Chrysler minivans

Comments

• Options
    hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Absolutley NOT. Just stating that I am very satisfied with gas mileage of my T&C compared to many Odyssey owners who are very disappointed.
    However, since the Odyssey is very spirited and a high performance van, the low gas mileage reported by many Odyssey owners is probably due to the aggressive driving caused by having the most powerful minivan.
    The DaimlerChrysler 3.3L V6 is an excellent combination of power and fuel economy. ;)
  • Options
    socalawdsocalawd Member Posts: 542
    The DaimlerChrysler 3.3L V6 is an excellent combination of power and fuel economy.

I had this engine, in the base 2001 Caravan. I got about 18mpg overall. Passing speed was so slow. There seemed to be a mismatch in transmission/engine the thing made noise but would accelerate from 45-65 very fast. I'm getting almost 21 MPG on my Ody EX-L around town and my worst MPG is 18.5. Seems that results vary by quite a bit. Hans that van is the best don't get rid of it! :cry:
  • Options
    dennisctcdennisctc Member Posts: 1,168
    Wouldn't it be nice if Honda would increase Odyssey production to fill the immense demand for the best minivan of the universe?

Honda has plenty of capacity for Oddy now, it has a new plant to handle it.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I hope you are correct. It's been frustrating!
  • Options
    nwngnwng Member Posts: 663
    do they have to make the pilot there as well? and the mdx?
  • Options
    Honda has plenty of capacity for Oddy now, it has a new plant to handle it.

So if this is true, what is the capacities? Where is the plant? I was looking and couldn't find anything. Is it in the US or Canada??
  • Options
    sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    I assume he's alluding to the HMA (Honda Manufacuring Alabama) plant that builds all Honda Odysseys and shares Pilot production with Canada. Line two came online in April of 2004 buidling Pilots and then in December was fully capable of building both Pilots and Odysseys on the same line at the same time. Same flex-production system that Honda and Toyota are known for. Prior production of the Ody was picked up by Canada. They've got a facility in Ohio with two lines that builds four models.

And Alabama is not a new plant. Been producing Odys there since 2001. Just added line #2 with the flex production.
  • Options
    Does each plant manufacture vehicles 24 hours per day? :confuse:
    If not, they COULD increase production IF they wanted to. ;)
  • Options
    autowriteautowrite Member Posts: 226
    re: Prior production of the Ody was picked up by Canada. They've got a facility in Ohio with two lines that builds four models.

Ohio does not exist in Canada. You mean Ontario, Canada. The city is Alliston.
    :shades:
  • Options
    No, I mean Ohio. I was referring to the other flex-production facilities that Honda uses. All Odysseys are built in Alabama. Some Pilots are also built there. The canadain facility (in Allsiton, Ont) is now used for Pilot, MDX and some cars. It's also capable of mulitple models on the same lines.
  • Options
    autowriteautowrite Member Posts: 226
    The Ridgeline (SUT) :) is only build in Alliston, Ontario. The Civic is also build in Alliston.
  • Options
    herbpowellherbpowell Member Posts: 8
    Do you mean Marysville, Ohio?
  • Options
    hraohrao Member Posts: 78
    "GC SXT would be much safer since the Ody handles like a sports car and you would be too tempted to drive it irresponsibl"

There are Safety features in GC SXT which will protect you, even if you are tempted to push the pedal harder.

2005 Chrysler Town & Country & GC SXT Safety features

Minivan-first driver-side inflatable knee blocker
    The knee blocker inflates in conjunction with air bag deployment to help position the driver relative to the air bag and offers additional upper leg protection.
    Three-row supplemental side-curtain air bags
    Three-row, A- to D-pillar side-curtain air bags provide full-length coverage for all rows of seats. The side-curtain extends protection to all outboard passengers. Both side-curtain air bags have independent impact sensors, which trigger the air bag on the side where impact occurs.
    Advanced multi-stage front air bags
    These air bags provide enhanced protection for a greater range of occupants at various deployment levels, based on the severity of an impact. The front passenger air bag is also equipped with a standard occupant classification system.
    Occupant Classification System (OCS)
    The OCS determines the conditions for activation or deactivation of the passenger-side front air bag, based on the weight of the occupant.
    Minivan-first standard door alert
    The alert signal lights activate when the power sliding doors or manual sliding doors are in operation, signaling that occupants are getting in or out of the vehicle.
    BeltAlert
    This system periodically activates a chime and illuminates a light in the instrument cluster to remind unbelted drivers to buckle up.
    Rear park assist
    This rear obstacle detection system offers an audible warning and rear overhead display.
    Child seat anchor system
    Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH) help ease the installation of compatible aftermarket child seats.
    Enhanced accident response system
    This system makes it easier for emergency personnel to identify a vehicle and reach the occupant by turning on the interior lighting and unlocking the doors after air bag deployment.
    Constant force retractors (CFR)
    CFRs are engineered to force-limit the belt system and gradually release seat belt webbing in a controlled manner during a severe impact.
    Pretensioners
    During a collision, the front seat belt pretensioners electronically sense a crash and immediately remove slack from the seat belts, thereby reducing the forward movement of the occupant's upper body.
    Energy-absorbing steering column
    The innovative stroking steering column uses "release capsules," which allow the column to move forward for enhanced energy absorption during a crash. The column also features "tuned" metal bend straps that deform during column stroke for optimal energy management.
    Front crush sensors
    Two sensors located below the headlamps measure the severity of an impact and relay crash information to safety systems in the occupant compartment.
    Tire pressure monitoring system
    This advanced system monitors the pressure inside each tire and alerts the driver to improper tire pressure conditions.
    Anti-lock braking system
    Equipped with electronic sensors that prevent wheel lockup, the system offers improved steering control under extreme braking and/or slippery conditions.
  • Options
    daedae Member Posts: 143
    "GC SXT would be much safer since the Ody handles like a sports car and you would be too tempted to drive it irresponsible"

On the contrary. There is such thing as accident avoidance. Odyssey wipes the floor with any DC vans in this regard.

Honda Odyssey is by far the superior product. Look at any (ALL of them) professional reviews.

In direct comparisons: Odyssey 11 : DC 0. DC is not even a contender.
  • Options
    There are Safety features in GC SXT which will protect you

You forgot to mention that all safety feature are optional - so if you buy a value trim, Chrysler saves money on your safety. They do not care about your children, only about their pockets.

In Odyssey - all safety feature are NOT optional, and even the most basic LX trim comes with everything.

3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions Standard
    Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System Standard
    Adjustable Seat Belt Anchors (Front and 2nd-Row) Standard
    Dual-Stage, Dual-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS) Standard
    Front Side Airbags with Passenger-Side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS) Standard
    Three-Row Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor Standard
    Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure Standard
    Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) Standard
    Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) Standard
    Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®) with Traction Control Standard
    Brake Assist Standard
    Side-Impact Door Beams Standard
    Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) Standard
    Tether Anchors (3rd row outboard) Standard
    Child-Proof Rear Door Locks Standard
    Immobilizer Theft-Deterrent System Standard
  • Options
    masterpaul1masterpaul1 Member Posts: 421
    You forgot to mention that all safety feature are optional - so if you buy a value trim, Chrysler saves money on your safety. They do not care about your children, only about their pockets.

I wouldn't say that Daimlerchrysler doesn't care about our safety because they choose to have some safety features optional. (It's not like they don't offer them at all). They just give the consumer more power in making the decision if we would like to have those features and can afford them. Another thing that Honda doesn't do, that Daimlerchrysler does, is provide a vechicle that's affordable for almost every income level. (Not everybody can afford a 25K vechicle.) If I was in a financial situation and only could afford a 15 to 16K minivan with only the front air bags, I would buy it since it's better then not having a vechicle at all. Would I like to have all the safety features available? Sure I would, but if I couldn't afford it, then I would have to do without. We purchased a used 01 DGC EX back in Sep. 2003 for just under $16,000 and paid cash for it. We paid a total of just under $19,000 for the extended warranty, taxes, title and some additional options. We have all the safety features that was available for this particular model. The only optional safety feature that was was available was the front driver and passenger side air bags, to which the previous owner purchased, which was to our benefit. So you see, not everybody can afford to pay 25K for a vechicle, not alone pay a car note with interest for 5 yrs. :)
  • Options
    wouldn't say that Daimlerchrysler doesn't care about our safety because they choose to have some safety features optional. (It's not like they don't offer them at all). They just give the consumer more power in making the decision if we would like to have those features and can afford them. Another thing that Honda doesn't do, that Daimlerchrysler does, is provide a vechicle that's affordable for almost every income level. (Not everybody can afford a 25K vechicle.) If I was in a financial situation and only could afford a 15 to 16K minivan with only the front air bags, I would buy it since it's better then not having a vechicle at all.

I wouldn't say that DCX dosen't care! DCX is improving in this arena with the new knee blocker airbag and the optional head airbags for all rows New for 2005. The problem that I have is that the vans they are comparing is the SXT and EX priced about the same MSRP. The safety features you get from Honda are better(VSA,Standard side airbags, ACE platform). I know with the SXT you get the overhead console, stow and go, and a trip computer. But those things can't trump the safety value I get. The low priced Dodge models are great for families on a budget. I did it when I was looking for basic transportation in 2001. I wish I would have spent more money and got a vehicle I wanted to keep!
  • Options
    jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    " are great for families on a budget"

I suppose the Ody LX would be for people shopping Ody's that are on a budget. While price difference may be a large factor in a decision...what the buyer wants and needs plays much more of a role. I would say the poor and destitute standing in cheese lines are more likely to buy only for what they need...not what they want.Even a bare bones Dodge Caravan SE stickers for around $20,000. Most of the population in the U.S could only dream of being on such a "budget"
    After a heater, a/c, power steering, auto trans...everything else is pretty much icing on the cake. Saftey features and all the fancy gizmos are great...but so is having an extra 7 or 8 thousand in your pocket.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • Options
    bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    If you're talking about cost, safety & reliability, I'd rather have a 2 year old Ody then a brand new GC because even at 2 years, the Ody will last longer and the quality will be better. You don't have to buy new to get quality.
  • Options
    Even a bare bones Dodge Caravan SE stickers for around $20,000.

"stickers" being key word, they go for about $17k out the door.
  • Options
    If you're talking about cost, safety & reliability, I'd rather have a 2 year old Ody then a brand new GC because even at 2 years, the Ody will last longer and the quality will be better. You don't have to buy new to get quality.

You probably get better quality and reliability from a 2 year Oddy than a new 2005 Oddy even - based on all the recalls and problems.

I'll take a new DCX with better warranty and less issues.

As far as lasting longer....just stop by the problem area of Edmunds and take note of the number of old Caravans still in service.
  • Options
    vrmvrm Member Posts: 310

According to Koki Hirashima, Honda's manufacturing chief in North America: "The car's quality is at its best toward the end of its model lifecycle."

I am waiting for the 2007 Ody. It will be a better vehicle than the one they are selling today.
  • Options
    fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    "You forgot to mention that all safety feature are optional - so if you buy a value trim, Chrysler saves money on your safety. They do not care about your children, only about their pockets."

This is SLIGHTLY true. But, as usual, your post is incorrect. ALL safety features listed are NOT optional. So, your saying that front airbags, seatbelt pretensioners, belt alert, energy absorbing steering column, front crush sensors, Latch anchor system, front airbags are optional on the T&C and GC models? You don'r post in here often, but when you do, your posts are almost always littered with incorrect information.
  • Options
    I’ll take long-term reliability statistics versus anecdotes any day. Plus warranty or not, I'd rather have a higher quality car with no warranty then a long warranty for a car that's always in the shop.
  • Options
    You don'r post in here often, but when you do, your posts are almost always littered with incorrect information.

All information that I ever posted was reasonably complete and correct.

You may not like it, or you may interpret it differently, but it is solely your problem. :shades:

Chrysler corporation does not like your children. They would rather watch them die in a fiery crash then miss a buck. They are pure evil, unlike Honda. :P

On a serious note though: just check out ALL professional reviews. Odyssey safety does come out on top. There may be advantages and disadvantages to either vehicle, but stating what is in the headline of this thread does look quite silly.
  • Options
    Chrysler corporation does not like your children. They would rather watch them die in a fiery crash then miss a buck. They are pure evil, unlike Honda.

Your entitled to your opinion. I would agree with you and other post that the ody. has the most safety features of all minivans. But, you would think with all those safety features, Honda would have put a battery power saver on the 05 Ody. so you wouldn't have to jump start the battery. (Something that Daimlerchrysler has that is used more often then people realize and is a safety feature.) Just last week I didn't close the driver door all the way so the interior lights didn't go off after 30 seconds, like there suppose to. The battery power saver switched on and turned off all interior lights after 15 min. of being on. (No problem starting our van and we own a 01 DGC EX). So how did Honda miss that one? Oh I know, just have the owner to turn off all interior lights to save the battery. :)
  • Options
    But, you would think with all those safety features, Honda would have put a battery power saver on the 05 Ody. so you wouldn't have to jump start the battery.

Yeah. That's pretty silly of them indeed. How much a regulator would have cost to them? Pennies, or a few dollars.
  • Options
    I’ll take long-term reliability statistics versus anecdotes any day. Plus warranty or not, I'd rather have a higher quality car with no warranty then a long warranty for a car that's always in the shop.

So I guess you'll be buying a Toyota then? The perception may be "higher quality" but reality (4 recalls, door issues, trim issues, brake issues, mileage issues etc..) don't support "higher quality".

Must be some merit in DCX vans, they continue to dominate the marketplace even after 2 decades. If their quality or long-term reliability was so bad, they'd be out of the minivan market by now.
  • Options
    But, you would think with all those safety features, Honda would have put a battery power saver on the 05 Ody. so you wouldn't have to jump start the battery.

Yeah. That's pretty silly of them indeed. How much a regulator would have cost to them? Pennies, or a few dollars.

PENNIES!!! I work in automotive electronics.
  • Options
    Must be some merit in DCX vans, they continue to dominate the marketplace even after 2 decades.

They do have merit: brand loyalty and financial insentives.
  • Options
    PENNIES!!! I work in automotive electronics.

Well, with all the overhead of building it in that would be dollars, but I would gladly pay for that particular feature.

One of those things when you just wonder WTF they were thinking. :(

(I always get this feeling when renting some Chrysler product. :P Their ugliness, for the otherwise quite serviceable cars, never ceases to amaze me :) But then I only feel comfortable driving in BMW, Hondas and some Nissan/Infinity's)
  • Options
    They do have merit: brand loyalty and financial insentives.

And how do you get Brand Loyalty in the first place?

Other merits: Value for the $$$$, Packaging, Styling, Reliability, Ride comfort, Quietness, Features availability, Options availability and flexibility (try getting a power hatch on an Oddy, other than Touring model!)
  • Options
    Just last week I didn't close the driver door all the way so the interior lights didn't go off after 30 seconds, like there suppose to. The battery power saver switched on and turned off all interior lights after 15 min. of being on. (No problem starting our van and we own a 01 DGC EX). So how did Honda miss that one? Oh I know, just have the owner to turn off all interior lights to save the battery.

The Ody WILL shut-off the lights if you leave a door open, after 20 minutes or something. What it will not do is automatically shut-off a light that was manually turned on (button pushed to the on position) and then forgotten. I still think it should shut-off the lights in this circumstance as well, so I'm not giving them a pass. But you don't have to worry about ALL the lights being left on because of a door cracked. It would take a significant amount of time to drain the battery with just one dome light left on, but it's still an issue.
  • Options
    Options availability and flexibility (try getting a power hatch on an Oddy, other than Touring model!)

Try getting a sunroof and side curtain airbags on a DC. That's just weird!
  • Options
    I guess there are a lot of options one minivan may have that the other doesn't, so those cancel each other out. What remains is safety and reliability. I do a lot of road trips and like to keep cars for a long time, so I would feel safer driving a high mileage 5 year old Ody then DC. If you end up trading in a car every few years then just pick the minivan with your favorite options, but for me I'd feel more comfortable with a older Ody for long road trips.
  • Options
    Try getting a sunroof and side curtain airbags on a DC. That's just weird!

You can't deny "customizing" a DCX minivan is much easier than any Honda. I can mix any wheelbase, with many options to fit my needs almost perfectly.
  • Options
    Oh, I'm not denying anything, but DC does some goofy option combos as well. I'll be the last to defend Honda's option packaging, I just plain dislike it. I would have gladly ponied up the $$ for the touring, but I would have lost the 8th seat which was a big thing to me. I'm not a huge Honda fan (this is my first out of 15 new cars in the last ten or so years) but really liked this van far better than the rest.
  • Options
    On a serious note though: just check out ALL professional reviews. Odyssey safety does come out on top. There may be advantages and disadvantages to either vehicle, but stating what is in the headline of this thread does look quite silly.
    I am not sure Crash test Experts NHTSA agrees with your comments, they are the experts in crash testing cars.
    Please check odyssey rating at NHTSA
    also a Odyssey Safety snap shot
  • Options
    Safety itself is an option (a Choice) for consumer. Safety Priorities are different for a single mom making $10/hr v/s a Exec who is making $100/hr.
    There are high end DC models where all Safety features are standard. If Honda is so concerned about consumer safety, they should replace millions of old Honda's running with out basic safety featues with new ones for free.
  • Options
    I am not sure Crash test Experts NHTSA agrees with your comments

Oh yes, they do, opening door fluke non-with standing. Odyssey passes with flying colors.

And in case you do not realize that, crashworthiness is only part of the safety evaluation in the reviews I was referring to. Accident avoidance (braking, roadholding, passing power etc.) plays a major role, and Honda spanks DC silly in this regard, which is duly noted by reviewers.

And safety of the occupants, that is not covered by by the crash test also plays a major role - this is a minivan after all. Were are curtain airbags with rollover sensors and occupancy sensors as a standard feature in DC vans?

So my statement is entirely correct and you may educate yourself further by reading all the professional reviews. It bears repeating: just check out ALL professional reviews. Odyssey safety does come out on top.
  • Options
    Oh yes, they do, opening door fluke non-with standing. Odyssey passes with flying colors.

Yeah, lets just ignore flukes like flying doors, and lets ignore recalls on Safety items.....what was that last recall (#4 I believe??) for??? lets ignore the numerous issues on the wonderful Oddys.

Pretty impressive when you think that Dodge can earn same safety ratings as Honda's ACE structure (BTW - it's just marketing hype for "safety cage" something VW created with Golf in 1974). Hmmm and the Dodge is considered an old design even.

By ALL reviews, I'm sure you're referring to the glowing reviews in the car rags....such experts that they are. I happen to know a few of these "gods" personally....not too impressed.

The new Oddy is great if you don't mind paying thousands more, but if you can't swing $24k for basic Oddy, you can get a very reliable new DCX Minivan with warranty, state of the art safety features, and more peace of mind (driving new, not worrying how to make the payment etc..) for $18k

BTW - we are just talking MINIVANS here, not sports cars etc... a few extra G's road holding are meaningless unless you drive like an idiot, or you're passing in unsafe conditions, or riding someone butt to closely. Go buy a 911

If you're buying a minivan for what they're mostly intended for i.e...hauling kids, shopping or hauling.....the DCX vans come out on top. Just check the sales figures. If Oddys were that great, and with all their new capacity, Honda should be leading DCX easily.
  • Options
    I go to the Dodge problem area and some poor guy is having problems with his 1994 Caravan. At 150k miles he's putting a new tranny in it!!

Then I see on the Honda problem area that Honda is putting new trannys in their new Oddys!!!! Someone else got a whole new engine in their 2005 Oddy with 600 miles.

God! I thought Hondas were the zenith of perfection??? I thought Hondas never have problems??? I see comments about Dodges alway being at Dealerships and never lasting more than 80k miles.

What's going on here????
  • Options
    I had a very bad experience with a 1970 Dodge van and never considered another Chrysler corp vehicle until one son got a used 2002 Grand Caravan Sport 2 years after his brother bought a new 2001 Odyssey EX.
    A close comparison showed me that a DC minivan is a much smarter purchase than an Odyssey. More comfort features for less money. ;)
    After coming very close to purchasing a new 2005 or 2006 Odyssey EX, I am now afraid to purchase a new Odyssey....a new vehicle that is plagued with reliability and other problems. :sick:
  • Options
    A couple of things on the definitation of "quality."

First is that just because one car is selling in greater quantities doesn't mean it has the better quality. If that were the case then the top 10 cars sold in the USA would equal the top 10 cars in overall quality, and I don't think anyone is saying that.

Second is that just because you, a friend or relative you know has a problem with a model or manufacturer then that defines low quality. I had a 1991 Escort that I drove 180K miles and during that time I changed the waterpump once at 115K and the alternator at 120K miles. My brother had a Honda Civic with 80K miles that needed a new engine. But I know that overall Civic's have less problems and higher quality levels even if in my limited experience that's not the case. And that holds true with Edmunds postings...they're not a scientific analysis.
  • Options
    It should be noted that the more cars sold, the more problems that might show up. But that doesn't mean that it's not a high quality vechicle. As for quality, this is subjective in a lot of ways. It really depends on what the problems are. Some might think that changing brake pads every 30K miles on a minivan is good quality, but others might not think so. Some think that rattling sliding doors that stop working after the first few years of ownership is quality, but others think there not. Some think needing a trans. replaced after 100K miles is quality, while others think not. Or how about the fact that people by nature use past quality to judge future quality. Kinda gives you something to think about. :)
  • Options
    Absolutely agree. I wish when Consumer Report or JD Powers gives reliability statistics that they provided more level of detail or at least categories. I'm not as concerned about 80% of a particular car having the same rattle then 20% having the alternator go out as soon as the warranty is gone. But at least it's good to have a baseline. If every car is examined and the definition of quality is measured in the same manner for every car then you at least have a point to examine the differences.
  • Options
    What goes around comes around, Honda is certainly plagued by problems.
    Some of the key Quality survey's also highlight the trend.
    Minivan Quality
    DC made a 50% improvement in quality over the past 3 years, if you take the overall brand problems Chrysler is with in striking distance of Honda.
    Quality issues can also be compensated by purchasing a 10yr/100K extended manufacturers warrenty for just $1000 from most manufactuers.
  • Options
    Side curtain airbags are Standard on Limited and an option on Town& County Touring, if consumer wants it he will get it, if they can pay $605.
    Even if Honda Odyssey customer want they cannot get Driver side inflatable Knee blockers which is again a minivan first on all Town&Country vans.

Again I would list all of the Chrysler Minivan Security features below, Yes, some or optional, but Customes will get it if they want. Nothing is forced on the Consumer, DC believes Consumer is the King, and should be given an option to choose.

2005 Chrysler Town & Country & GC SXT Safety features, everything is a STANDARD on the Limited

Minivan-first driver-side inflatable knee blocker
    The knee blocker inflates in conjunction with air bag deployment to help position the driver relative to the air bag and offers additional upper leg protection.

Three-row supplemental side-curtain air bags
    Three-row, A- to D-pillar side-curtain air bags provide full-length coverage for all rows of seats. The side-curtain extends protection to all outboard passengers. Both side-curtain air bags have independent impact sensors, which trigger the air bag on the side where impact occurs.

Advanced multi-stage front air bags
    These air bags provide enhanced protection for a greater range of occupants at various deployment levels, based on the severity of an impact. The front passenger air bag is also equipped with a standard occupant classification system.

Occupant Classification System (OCS)
    The OCS determines the conditions for activation or deactivation of the passenger-side front air bag, based on the weight of the occupant.

Minivan-first standard door alert
    The alert signal lights activate when the power sliding doors or manual sliding doors are in operation, signaling that occupants are getting in or out of the vehicle.
    BeltAlert
    This system periodically activates a chime and illuminates a light in the instrument cluster to remind unbelted drivers to buckle up.

Rear park assist
    This rear obstacle detection system offers an audible warning and rear overhead display.

Child seat anchor system
    Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH) help ease the installation of compatible aftermarket child seats.

Enhanced accident response system
    This system makes it easier for emergency personnel to identify a vehicle and reach the occupant by turning on the interior lighting and unlocking the doors after air bag deployment.

Constant force retractors (CFR)
    CFRs are engineered to force-limit the belt system and gradually release seat belt webbing in a controlled manner during a severe impact.

Pretensioners
    During a collision, the front seat belt pretensioners electronically sense a crash and immediately remove slack from the seat belts, thereby reducing the forward movement of the occupant's upper body.

Energy-absorbing steering column
    The innovative stroking steering column uses "release capsules," which allow the column to move forward for enhanced energy absorption during a crash. The column also features "tuned" metal bend straps that deform during column stroke for optimal energy management.

Front crush sensors
    Two sensors located below the headlamps measure the severity of an impact and relay crash information to safety systems in the occupant compartment.

Tire pressure monitoring system
    This advanced system monitors the pressure inside each tire and alerts the driver to improper tire pressure conditions.

Anti-lock braking system
    Equipped with electronic sensors that prevent wheel lockup, the system offers improved steering control under extreme braking and/or slippery conditions
  • Options
    What goes around comes around, Honda is certainly plagued by problems.
    Some of the key Quality survey's also highlight the trend.
    Minivan Quality
    DC made a 50% improvement in quality over the past 3 years, if you take the overall brand problems Chrysler is with in striking distance of Honda.
    Quality issues can also be compensated by purchasing a 10yr/100K extended manufacturers warrenty for just $1000 from most manufactuers.

Maybe I'm reading the chart wrong, but it looks like DCX has surpassed Honda??? (it's kinda small print for me to see).
  • Options
    THAT is what the chart shows. ;)
    However, the Sienna is still the quality leader. :blush:
This discussion has been closed.