Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Ram Accessories and Modifications

123457»

Comments

• stanoskistanoski Member Posts: 76
    I did mine but can't remember how, that honking was getting old and waking up the neighbors after a hard nights out. Now just the lights blink so you can tell the remote is working. Look in your manual for a cardboard "slip in" with basic info on it, that will tell you how to do it. Its like a quick start guide for a new TV or such. If you can't find it, blast an email back and I''ll see if I can locate it.

Ski in TX
  • ata3001ata3001 Member Posts: 30
    I followed the owners manual with no luck. Just spent the last 20 mins driving my neighbors crazy with the chirping from trying to follow the suggested ways & no luck. I stand outside the drivers door, hold down the lock button for 5-9 secs then while holding that button down, I press the panic button. Tried holding them that way from 1 sec - 8 secs then release both buttons at the same time. no luck.....
  • paydakidpaydakid Member Posts: 2
    yes they will fit, i have a 97 ram myself, and the mirrior up to a 01 will fit your truck
  • paydakidpaydakid Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 ext cab 2 wheel drive, i am looking to sdo some engine mods, does anybody have any ideas where to start? I am open to all suggestions. I do not really know what will make the biggest difference. Also does anybody know where to get a lowering kit for my truck? Thank you
  • khollenbeckkhollenbeck Member Posts: 1
    I own 06 with uconnect and am very happy with it. work every bit as well as my accura tl and my benz c350.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    An aftermarket company is seeking an owner of a 2009-2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie to test the side view mirror’s memory function. The company will provide the new mirror to the volunteer who will be able to keep it after helping with the test. If you are interested, please email sylvia@edmunds.com with your phone number and mailing address.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • minardiminardi Member Posts: 30
    Anyone know if the driver's door on an '07 RAM 1500 Quad cab can be adjusted to seal tighter? Had some body work done after sideswiping a guard rail and wind noise is sometimes really bad. If I pull on the door while driving, it reduces the noise a lot.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Take the body shop manager for a ride and demonstrate it... from your description, they need to realign the door, and it should be covered as part of the previous repair.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • nathanbauer84nathanbauer84 Member Posts: 4
    I have an 01' Dodge Ram 1500 with the 3.9L v-6 and was wondering if a 5.7 or 5.9L V-8 would bolt up to the tranny. The V-6 has the same bore stroke and compression ratio as the V-8s but not too sure if they would have the same bolt pattern on the tranny. If u have any info please e-mail me at nathanbauer@att.net
  • nathanbauer84nathanbauer84 Member Posts: 4
  • jfuentesjfuentes Member Posts: 1
    From reading around ( i wish to also swap up) the transmision should hook up, you need a wiring harness from the hemi truck, the pcm, the tcm and ecu , the tcm has to match the style of your truck or 4x4, you also need new engine mounts, the easiest way to go about this is to use a hemi and parts from a 2003 Hemi...should be around 3000 for everything, also exhaust needed and the 03 uses a different style throttle body, uses wire not cable like the 02, so either convert your accelerator or throttle body to use cable
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    The 4.7 and the 5.7 Hemi are the only two engines that currently use the 545RFE transmission. I'm not completely sure, but i believe the rear engine apron bolt pattern is the same.

However, there is a difference between a 545RFE in the 4.7 and the Hemi. For one, I believe the input shaft is bigger.

Regards,
    Dusty
  • latwoodlatwood Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if anybody has installed a cool box air intake on they're 4.7 mag. and what results they got. I already have a flowmaster exhaust..I thought about Bosch plugs too...look'n for a little more power without changing the chip or cam..thanks!
  • thenoahthenoah Member Posts: 1
    aaaand they are a horrible idea in most circumstances, unless your tires rub somewhere all the spacers will do is cause increased wear on suspension components and wheel bearings. The "look" isn't worth the pain.
This discussion has been closed.