Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey vs Dodge/Chrysler minivans

Comments

• hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    Crash test ratings DCX and Honda Odyssey (tied) 5 stars for both vans, Driver ,Passenger, Front and Rear. 4 star rollover ratings for both.

Whats the offset for the DCX they have it listed as marginial. While the Ody is Good and a best bet. (quoting a 2005 Odyssey vs a 2001 Caravan)

Are you reading the same Test as I am? I did not mention the driver door coming open on the Ody http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/testing/ncap/ (They tested 2005-2006 both models)

Type in your own Model Year to get the data.

Still Mr Truth, Semper FI!
  • aaron_taaron_t Member Posts: 301
    My point was to refute an earlier message claiming all the 2005 DCX minivans flew off dealers lots during the big summer sales. Obviously not.

July was a huge month for DCX vans:
    Sales current month, prior year, Percentage YoY
    T&C 21,655 11,558 95%
    Caravan 23,969 18,284 36%

Aug & Sep were down YoY by about 15 & 20%.

Also, 2006 models were not on the lots until the last week of September, later than most years and later than Ody & Sienna.
  • socalawdsocalawd Member Posts: 542
    Freedom IS a priceless thing!

Agreed

I'm ready to start talking about the vans pros and cons. Anybody else interested??
  • masterpaul1masterpaul1 Member Posts: 421
    I was doing some research on Kelley Blue Book website, comparing our 01 DCG EX and the 01 Ody EX and came up with some interesting numbers. Now I know we can all agree that the Ody has the best trade in value of the two and the DGC is the best value for the money used, since it depreciates so fast. Well, here's what I came up with.

BRAND NEW AT ORIGINAL MSRP: 01 Ody EX cost $26,400 and 01 DGC EX cost $26,070. (You save $330 on the DGC over the Ody.)

BLUE BOOK RETAIL REPORT both vans with 66K:01 Ody EX $17,460 and 01 DGC EX $14,220. (You save $3,240 on the DGC over the Ody.)

BLUE BOOK TRADE IN VALUE (GOOD) both vans with 66K: 01 Ody EX $11,785 and 01 DGC EX $8,955. (You gain $2,830 at trade in on the Ody then the DGC.)

BLUE BOOK TRADE IN VALUE (EXCELLENT) both vans with 66K 01 Ody EX $12,600 and 01 DGC EX $ 9,625. (You gain $2,975 at trade in on the Ody then the DGC.)

Now when you take into account the price paid for both vans at original MSRP and how much you would pay buying each one used with the same mileage. The 01 Ody EX price difference is $8,940 and the 01 DGC EX is $11,850 that you lose in value on each. But you gain $2,910 if buying the DGC over the ODY.

When you take the $2,830 that you gain on a (GOOD) trade in for the Ody, against the $2,910 that you gain from buying the DGC. The difference that you really gain in value is only $80 on the Ody.

When you take the $2,975 that you gain on a (EXCELLENT) trade in for the ody, against the $2,910 that you gain from buying the DGC. The difference that you really gain is only $65 on the Ody.

When you compare the (EXCELLENT) trade in value to the price paid retail for each with 66K: The 01 Ody EX is $4,860 and the 01 DGC EX is $4,595. (The difference is only $265).

When you compare the (GOOD) trade in value to the price paid retail for each with 66K: The 01 Ody EX is $5,675 and the 01 DGC EX is $5,265. (The difference is only $410)

So with comparing the two mini vans and how they retain value, you are only gaining about $80 when doing a trade in on the Ody. Which isn't much. Also, for the DGC they did not have a selection for the traction control or power liftgate.
  • dennisctcdennisctc Member Posts: 1,168
    This is a little too complicated without having coffee in me this early! I'll note that you don't consider actual transaction price. Back in 2001, many Odys were selling at or above MSRP while DGC were discounting. Factor in cost of money over 4-5 years, vs banking the difference, and the DGC looks much better I bet.
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Good post. Another way to look at depreciation, if one is the buyer, is to look at a quality vehicle and how much it depreciates.That is, high depreciation is a good thing. There are many very good vehicles on the market that are rated high in quality and reliability that depreciate much faster than others.This is where the good bargain and values are.

Upon my initial search for purchasing a minivan, I was looking into getting a good preowned Ody or Sienna (based solely on reviews) Used 2001-2002 Odys were going for $20,000 back in July 2004. For only a couple thousand more I could buy new....which I did.

So, a preowned DGC will be much better value (pricewise and perhaps quality/feature wise if one prefers the DGC) than a preowned Ody.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    The trouble is, the DGC's won't bring "book" values! They are always "back of book" cars. When we call for buy bids there aren't many people who want them unless they can buy them for a thousand or more below what the books say.

This is true with a lot of cars, especially domestics and SUV's that use a lot of gas.
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Neither will Honda Odysseys or Honda Accords. :sick:
    The dealers always pay much less than book on any trade-in. :cry:
    I guess you are in the business and know more than I do.

Actually, we will sometimes pay over book for the right cars.
  • kfdmedkfdmed Member Posts: 130
    I dont think you have to be in the business to know real world trade in values. It has been my experience that if you use Kelley blue book and average the "good condition" and "poor condition" values you will get a really close value of your trade in. In turn the dealer will put it on the lot for 4-5K more than the they paid and probably sell it for 2-3K more than the trade value. That is why it is almost always better to sell it yourself and pocket an extra 1-2k. When I bought my T&C they were going to give me $6750 for 2002 Alero with 15K miles which matched Kelley blue book "good condition" value. Spent $35 bucks on a newspaper add and sold it in 3 days for $9200.00.
    "almost always better to sell it yourself..."

Couldn't agree more kfdmed. Most people who trade in say they don't like the hassle or liability of selling it themselves. But, there is very little in either.

I don't understand people who will nickel and dime a deal to the last penny...then take a 1,2 or 3k loss on their trade in(over what they could have gotten via private sale). But, most people on these boards seem to trade in. :confuse:
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    for a lot of busy people,selling their own car is too much of a pain. Yes, you can often get more, but the PITA factor can negate this. In addition, there is risk involved.

In states like mine where there is a sales tax credit, that can make a big difference. Last week I had a guy who wanted 10,000 for his trade in. We appraised it for 9000.00 so he was simply going to sell it himself and "save" 1000.00.

When I pointed out he would be saving over 800.00 in sales tax if he traded it in, he quickly changed his mind.

Other times, I will suggest to my customers that they probably should try to sell their trade on their own. These are cars we don't want and I know the wholesalers don't want. Chrysler products are pretty high on that list.
    don't understand people who will nickel and dime a deal to the last penny...then take a 1,2 or 3k loss on their trade in(over what they could have gotten via private sale). But, most people on these boards seem to trade in.

I tried to sell my 2001 Caravan Se V6 50K miles for a month I offer it all the way down to 5500.00(average blue book) dollars. It didn't have alot of options so, the interest wasn't good. And my wife hated all the calls and no offers.I got fed up!! I traded it in for I think 4800.00. Guy was like 4000.00 is max I have 2 on the lot I can't sell. Gave him my bottom line price and said I was only going back with one car.
  • nwngnwng Member Posts: 663
    problem is, you are competing with avis, enteprise, dollar.. who dumps thousands of 1-2 yr old caravans every year back into the market.
    Yes, that's another reason. That even affects Camrys and Corollas. I hope Honda never starts selling to the rental co's.
  • paukercpaukerc Member Posts: 14
    All,

I am trying to buy a Grand Caravan SXT here in IN. I read from other messages on this forum that Dodge still has a $5000 rebate although when I go to dodge.com all that I see they are offering currently is $2,500 rebate and $1,000 for thru the end of November. I've been dealing with a sales person who is offering $22,500 for the van which he says is about $100 less than inventory cost (with the rebate). Of course I made an offer of $19,500 which they thought I was crazy. Maybe I am crazy.. but I know there is a mark up on new vehicles.

Can someone here point me exactly where I need to go, what site to get this $5,000 rebate that I'm sure they aren't going to tell me about? I'm looking at a base Grand Caravan SXT with Stow-n-Go with Power Adjustable Pedals and that's it. Any suggestions on what I can offer reasonably and get it from them. I am in no hurry to buy so I can play the game.

I appreciate any help anyone can give on this subject. Thank you!
    Yes...When friends try to trade Honda Accords in on a new Accord and are offered MUCH less than the "trade-in". :sick:
    One of my best friends is now driving a 2005 Toyota Camry because the Honda dealer would not give anything near "trade-in". That is after he had purchased 2 Honda Accords (a 2001 and the 2002 he got when the 2001 got totalled) from the same dealership.
    Everyone who has read in the Town Hall knows that Honda salesman are extremely biased in their postings. ;)
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    After trading a dozen cars with Neil Bonnett Honda (you can see their website if you like, its neilbonnetthonda.com) we have always been offered bluebook trade-in value on our cars. Sometimes it is "good", others, "excellent", depending on the condition of the car. We are the type of people who park way out in a parking lot to avoid door dings, and dont go to the car wash...hand wash only. Our salesman knows this, and knows we are gentle to our cars, and treats us accordingly.

When my father traded in his Chrysler Sebring Convertible, neil bonnett broke their record of giving us proper trade-in value. We were offered ( i believe ) 2500 less than the book said it was worth.

This is one experience, different from your own. Just like yours, hans. Different dealer, different folks, different customer.
    Yes, there are exceptions. But, almost always (the key word being almost) it will be better to sell it yourself.
    Your situation wasn't to bad. Say you suffer thru it a couple more weeks and get around 5k...that's only a couple hundred dollars or so you wouldn't be getting from the dealer to take your headache away....err trade in.

I had an old 94 Buick Century Wagon...dealership offered $1,300. No way. A few aggravateing moments when people who made an apt. to come look at it didn't show up. But, all in all it wasn't much problem at all and I sold it for $1,900.
    I am trying to buy a Grand Caravan SXT here in IN. I read from other messages on this forum that Dodge still has a $5000 rebate although when I go to dodge.com all that I see they are offering currently is $2,500 rebate and $1,000 for thru the end of November. I've been dealing with a sales person who is offering $22,500 for the van which he says is about $100 less than inventory cost (with the rebate). Of course I made an offer of $19,500 which they thought I was crazy. Maybe I am crazy.. but I know there is a mark up on new vehicles.

Ok I've also been told many times that you can go on the Dodge site and get EP+ on any 2006 DCX van. Well all I see is the 2500.00 dollar rebate I haven;t got any help when I asked if EP was discontinues for 2006! Maybe cause I posted in the Dodge prices paid and buying experience. That said, I like to help when I can so if your heart is set of a Dodge GC SXT here are the prices to start with Edmunds TMV=$23,992 and carsdirect= $24,587 The in voice on that van is $25,691 minus the $2500 rebate makes it 23,191. So your gettting the van for 700.00 less than invoice then the rebate. Sounds pretty SWEET(sorry I still get the Dodge magizine)to me!! Now if it's a 2005 leftover still sounds pretty good. But if you think your crazy you should hang out on this forum for about a week.
    All,

Can someone here point me exactly where I need to go, what site to get this $5,000 rebate that I'm sure they aren't going to tell me about? I'm looking at a base Grand Caravan SXT with Stow-n-Go with Power Adjustable Pedals and that's it. Any suggestions on what I can offer reasonably and get it from them. I am in no hurry to buy so I can play the game.

I appreciate any help anyone can give on this subject. Thank you!

I'm currently at the Dodge.com website.....go to Caravan section and click on BUILD & PRICE. As of this am, there is a $2500 Cash Rebate AND $3039 Employee Discount if you finance. This would bring price to $22,486 before taxes for DCX DGC SXT w/adjust pedals.

If you lease, you can get an additional $1000 "loyalty Cash Rebate" (I guesss only if you have a Dodge currently, but I didn't bother to check details for you :) Towards the end of the year you might get cash back from year end. I wouldn't accept the $5539 as best you can do. Dealers also have leeway with pricing so shop around some
    I'm currently at the Dodge.com website.....go to Caravan section and click on BUILD & PRICE. As of this am, there is a $2500 Cash Rebate AND $3039 Employee Discount if you finance. This would bring price to $22,486 before taxes for DCX DGC SXT w/adjust pedals.

I'm wondering if this is zip code specific??? I use 48326 to config one! Hmmmm....
    DCX van incentives for November 2005:

2005 $3000 rebate
    2006 $2500 rebate

$1000 bonus cash for either year
    $1000 lease loyalty for either year if you currently are leasing any DCX product and lease this DCX van. You do not have to turn in the other DCX vehicle to claim this.

DCX employees have 2 of their employee prices to give out to anyone, called employee choice. Find one of those emplyees like Dennice did a year ago and you save $3k off a base DGC SXT, and you get the $3.5k in rebates on an 06. Also, many dealers in Detroit are selling for $1-2k below the employee price, so there is room to give. I saw an ad in yesterday's newspaper with for a 2006 T&C Touring for $19,500. I haven't seen any Dodge ads for minivans this month. I'm sure Sunday's paper will be interesting.
    Okay.. I appreciate everything each of you has added. You guys are good, real good.

So it sounds like if I want the other $3,039 in rebates... total of $5539 I need to finance thru Dodge. Do I have to do this thru the website or can I do that at the dealer? What happens if I finance thru Dodge/Dealer and then pay it off as soon as I get my first bill. I mean I am wanting to pay this off in full, but I'm not going to tell them that. Will they honor that or do they care?

Okay.. who's Deniece (ha ha) and how can I find someone who will give me one of their employee discounts.. anyone know of anyone or a website where I can find someone?

Here's an update on last nights adventure to a different dealer. Funny, they dropped that 22,500 figure to 22,000 for invoice.. an automatic $500 drop in price. Plus in KY (across the river) I don't have to pay Tire taxes from IN which is another $80 than if I bought it here in IN. Crazy..

So let me recap, if dealer is offering 22,000 which already includes the $2,500 in rebates and destination fee, if I deduct $3039 from that for financing thru them it's $18,961 not including State taxes. Correct? Then if I can find some employee to give me one of their 2 employee discounts it's an extra $3,000 off of that. Sound right?

Thanks again for all your help.. I'll try to check back on this on Monday morning.
    Just got off the phone with the dealer I've been working with in KY.. he said the refiance of the $3,039 thru dodge is not still happening. That is unless I have to do it thru Dodge/Chrysler?

But the $3K employee discount is a great deal if I can find someone to give me one of their 2 vouchers. Lucky me.. who would be so nice. :)
    Dodge salesman told me during the summer that you must make 4 monthly payments before you can pay off the loan through DaimlerChrysler with no penalty.
    You can also finance just a portion of the total to get the financing discount. ;) Ask your friendly Dodge dealer for more details.
    That Chrysler has to keep offering these rebates in order for their product to sell. Once a company starts this, they can never stop.

Of course, the MSRPS are inflated in order for this to happen. No free lunches out there.

The domestics have created a monster that they now have to live with.
    I did but the employee discounts are no longer happening since Oct 3rd, 2005. So unless someone else knows where I can get this finance from (other than thru the dealer) I'm thinking I can't get it.

He did tell me you had to make 4 payments which is cool but he didn't say you only have to finance a portion.. that's nice to know. The lower I finance, the better incase they charge me interest on it for those 4 months which I'm sure they do.
    You are correct.. why list a car for 33K and then sell it for 22K, no rhyme or reason there. No wonder customers don't trust dealers.

They have created a monster but they probably sold alot of vehicles they wouldn't have had they not done it. Thing is I haven't bought a new car in 8 years, this being my 2nd ever and I have to do all of this work just to protect myself from being robbed. That's sad.. Really it's sad that people can't post an honest prices and the customer pay it.
    So go to dodge.com and do it there? Then how does the dealer deal with that since they say it's not going on?
    Dennis, Dennice, sorry!

As far as I know there is no incentive in November to finance through Chrysler Financial.

They don't always sell for $10k off MSRP, and it is a limited number of people. DCX rasied prices for a certain group of people during EP for everyone and had a record July for minivans.

I know employees who have not given their discounts away, but there is no solicitation on here. I'm sorry.
    Compare MSRP for GC SXT with Odd EX and compare the features. At MSRP, the GC SXT provides more nice features and with any discount, the GC SXT advantage just increases. ;)
    Drive both, then decide.

You will lose anything you "save" down the road when you try to unload your Chrysler.

I know...I have to deal with this.

Actually because of the extreme depreciation, they can be great buys as two year olds!
    NEVER buy any vehicle as all will depreciate to almost nothing. :blush:
    Do NOT buy a new DaimlerChrysler minivan unless you want the most comfort and convenience items for the lowest price. ;)
    If you want the MOST power in a minivan, buy the Odyssey.
    How much difference is there "down the road"? MSRP for DGC SXT or T&C Touring vs. Ody EX is very close for similar features. However, if I can get a new 2006 T&C Touring for $19k and a Ody Ex for $26k, at what point is the Ody a better value? How many 2005 DCX StoNGo vans do you deal with? What price range are you paying for them?
    NEVER buy any vehicle as all will depreciate to almost nothing.

Some WAY faster then others.

Do NOT buy a new DaimlerChrysler minivan unless you want the most comfort and convenience items for the lowest price.

I love the comfort of the Odyssey didn't like the Dodges seats. I remember you saying the stow and go seats weren't comfortable. . Really a matter of what you need the van to do! I have no use for stow and go. While some people use it once a week.

If you want the MOST power in a minivan, buy the Odyssey.

And the most standard safety. Standard side airbags and VSC for all.
    How much difference is there "down the road"? MSRP for DGC SXT or T&C Touring vs. Ody EX is very close for similar features. However, if I can get a new 2006 T&C Touring for $19k and a Ody Ex for $26k, at what point is the Ody a better value? How many 2005 DCX StoNGo vans do you deal with? What price range are you paying for them?

Matter how long down the road. Also the 19K you saw was for a teaser ad. TMV for a 2006 T&C touring right now with no options is $24,683(thats with the rebate). TMV for the EX is 27,988 so like 3300.00 dollar diferance on average.
    Actually, not a teaser ad. I can lease a 2006 T&C Touring w/ center console the only option for 2 years for $3350 one time payment with a residual buyout of $15.7k. $19k total w/ additionl tax on $15.7k as the $3350 includes taxes. Not everyone can get that, but I can. TMV means little to me in this case because TMV is not my price. So, let each person evaluate base on his selling price what the better value is.

Invoice - $3500 in rebates for T&C Touring = ~$23k. Anyone should be able to get that price.

Checking the Dodge website and using a PA Zipcode there's still $5539 available. $3039 EP discount and $2500 cash rebate until end of Nov. TMV means nothing in real world because they don't keep up with incentives and the market. Just reviewing the latest Dodge GC TMV, it shows only the rebate and not the EP pricing that's listed on the Dodge webpage. There's also no mention of the $1000 Loyalty bonus. You really need to deal with real dealers..Honda and DCX, I wouldn't put too much faith in some of these online car buying sites.
    YES, I have written and still think the Odyssey EX (cloth)has the most comfortable 2nd row seats for 2006 model year. Sienna and Ody front seats are equally comfortable and just slightly more comfortable than the 2005/2006 GC SXT. I think my 02 T&C LX 2nd and 3rd row seats are just as comfortable as the Ody 2nd and 3rd row seats although the front seats of my 02 T&C LX are not.
    The 2006 Sienna LE has a much more attractive interior than either the 2006 Odd EX or 2006 GC SXT.
    The Odd EX (cloth) costs too much more than a GC SXT or Sienna LE for me. The Odd EX does NOT have the overhead console with the nice features of my lower priced 02 T&C LX and last time I looked, the Odd EX does NOT have all controls on the doors lighted, no heating coils at base of windshield, automatic locking doors that are on my T&C. Sadly, DC eliminated some of these items from the current minivans. :cry:
    Checking the Dodge website and using a PA Zipcode there's still $5539 available. $3039 EP discount and $2500 cash rebate until end of Nov. TMV means nothing in real world because they don't keep up with incentives and the market. Just reviewing the latest Dodge GC TMV, it shows only the rebate and not the EP pricing that's listed on the Dodge webpage. There's also no mention of the $1000 Loyalty bonus. You really need to deal with real dealers..Honda and DCX, I wouldn't put too much faith in some of these online car buying

Sure even when I use a PA Zip tried 15001-15020 only shows 3500 off max thats if you get the 1000 loyalty cash so you non DCX guys no soup for you(only 2500)!!. Now in Ca only 2500 off. I've been trying to find the EP price for a long time but still don't see it on 2006 vans. The TMV and the cars direct are great places to look for good car deals. Of course some people won't like it cause it dosen't fit there story. Also I don't put any faith in the prices I hear in these forums!!
    Actually, not a teaser ad. I can lease a 2006 T&C Touring w/ center console the only option for 2 years for $3350 one time payment with a residual buyout of $15.7k. $19k total w/ additionl tax on $15.7k as the $3350 includes taxes. Not everyone can get that, but I can. TMV means little to me in this case because TMV is not my price. So, let each person evaluate base on his selling price what the better value is.

So no payments for 2 years?? upfront 3350.00 residual 15.7K I see no payments. What are they? then you find the real price. If what you say about TMV is true. Then what anybody pays for there car means very little because it's not somebody elses price.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    last time I looked, the Odd EX does NOT have all controls on the doors lighted,

What do you mean by "all controls"? The only switch IS lit up, the power window switch. Is the power window switch on the DCX lit?...wait, never mind ;) . I am assuming that you refer to the DCX's button for the power door? I also assume you that the odyssey only has a handle to pull, something kind of hard to light up.
    DC minivans have 5 separate controls on the driver's door for power windows each front door and for each opening rear side window plus the power door locks and ALL are lighted on my 2002 T&C LX.
    Oh, yes, DC minivans power doors also lock automatically...a nice feature Honda has not yet copied. The Odyssey also lacks a quality stereo that is standard on DC minivans.

The Odyssey needs a new slogan: "Pay more, get less". :sick:
    The Odd EX does NOT have the overhead console with the nice features of my lower priced 02 T&C LX and last time I looked, the Odd EX does NOT have all controls on the doors lighted, no heating coils at base of windshield, automatic locking doors that are on my T&C. Sadly, DC eliminated some of these items from the current minivans.

The Ody EX has infloor lockable storeage, I think all the door switches are lit. It also has startard side airbags! 8 passenger seating and VSC things that sadly DCX van don't have available at all. Heating coils at the base of the front windshield is not a big deal in the OC. Also there is a mirror /sunglass holder to watch the kids. With the EX-l there's heated seats and side mirrors. Also a sunroof. I guess is all about what you value. I'd rather pay a few more dollars to get what I really want! I think most people would. Did you see Ody is again the 2006 editors most wanted? Oh do they have a headrest or a 3 point belt in the center rear seat now in the DCX vans?? There are alot of things standard on the Ex that are optionial on the SXT. Thanks for pointing some of the SXT ones that aren't on the EX. Other things standard on the Ody EX not on the DGC SXT(or they are a option) are 5 speed automatic/manual side window shades/driver lumbar control/seatback storage/cargo net/cargo tie downs/interior air filtration/external temp/remote anti theft alarm system/6 cd player and the stuff I mentioned earlier. I'm sure I missed a few things I was in a hurry off to the range!! Enjoy!!
    No payments during that lease for 2yr/24k miles. It's a 1 time payment up front w/ option to buy or turn in at any time.

$2500 + 1000 bonus cash for 2006 DCX vans until Nov 30th. That's national. Extra $1000 to lease for people already leasing a DCX product. Employee pricing for all is over for 2005 and 2006 models, except if using a DCX employee's control number.
    The person in the middle seat ( really just a wide padded armrest) has to have a very narrow bottom while the Sienna has honest 8 passenger seating and DC has neither.
    Lockable storage? less than 1/4 the underfloor storage of a GC SXT but still a good sales gimmick for Honda. :sick:
    "Pay more, get less" with the Odyssey. ;)
  • hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    The Dodge Caravan the trailer package includes 1. Load leveling rear shock absorbers. 2. Heavy duty radiator. 3. Engine oil cooler. 4. Transmission oil cooler. 5.Trailer towing harness for the lights. 6. 600 ampere hour battery. The MSRP for this option is $600.00. All that is needed to tow is a hitch. This combo is rated to tow 3800 lbs. On the 05 and 06 DCX models you cannot get a full size spare due to the stow-and -go seats. This package is Factory Installed. If you buy the Odyssey try to get as many of the 6 parts for your van for $600.00, Good luck!
    The Dodge Caravan the trailer package includes 1. Load leveling rear shock absorbers. 2. Heavy duty radiator. 3. Engine oil cooler. 4. Transmission oil cooler. 5.Trailer towing harness for the lights. 6. 600 ampere hour battery. The MSRP for this option is $600.00. All that is needed to tow is a hitch. This combo is rated to tow 3800 lbs. On the 05 and 06 DCX models you cannot get a full size spare due to the stow-and -go seats. This package is Factory Installed. If you buy the Odyssey try to get as many of the 6 parts for your van for $600.00, Good luck!

Not really wanting to tow with a minivan. But if you do the DCX is a good option. Better yet go get a truck! Thats what frame construction is for!!
    :P "Pay more, get less" with the Odyssey.

Pay more get lots of safety stuff with the ody. I've used the center seat in my ody and it has a headrest and 3 point seat belt. It all matters what you want if you only care about price go get a Freestar or a Uplander for the same price as a SWB caravan. ;) BTW I love capitalism people pay what they think something is worth. If you have to discount it that much just to make it leave the lot whats it worth?? So Pay More get More of what you need with the Odyssey! :P
This discussion has been closed.