Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey vs Dodge/Chrysler minivans

Comments

• socalawdsocalawd Member Posts: 542
    $2500 + 1000 bonus cash for 2006 DCX vans until Nov 30th. That's national.

Put in 92691 it shows nothing and the dodge site shows 2500.

Extra $1000 to lease for people already leasing a DCX product. Employee pricing for all is over for 2005 and 2006 models, except if using a DCX employee's control number.

Now my wife doesn't work for DCX like yours does so I'm not into all the inside stuff like you are!! No wonder TMV means nothing to you!
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    I prefer to drive my 2002 T&C LX to visit the main attraction ( Happiest Place On Earth ) in zip code 92802 to any in 92691. ;)
    I prefer to drive my 2002 T&C LX to visit the main attraction ( Happiest Place On Earth ) in zip code 92802 to any in 92691.

Was a little more worried about school rankings then getting to go to disneyland. But some people enjoy mickey mouse things. I lived in Anaheim off state college for about 9 months boy is that town shady( and I'm from hazlet NJ) Now I also lived beach side of 29th st in Newport now that was the best. ;) Oh and the 2006 Ody now is a IIHS best pick for side impact as well as front! The DCX van is a NOT TESTED! :cry:
  • 97xpresso97xpresso Member Posts: 249
    Well, at least in Hazlet you have very cheap gasoline prices. I filled up for $2.219 on the way back from Sandy Hook on Sat.
  • toyo_van_ownertoyo_van_owner Member Posts: 31
    Oh and the 2006 Ody now is a IIHS best pick for side impact as well as front!

Can you post your source for that? Both stories I read stated that yes, the Honda received good ratings, but did not do well enough to receive the best pick rating.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/11/04/iihs_minivan_side_impact/index.html
  • fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    What the Salesman told you about making 4 payments prior to paying off the van is COMPLETELY UNTRUE. We purchased a 2005 T&C Touring last May and wanted to pay cash. But, in order to get the incentives, we financed thru Chrysler. I asked the dealer about any penalties I would be hit with if I paid the loan off immediately and he said to make at least 3 payments prior. I called DaimlerChrysler and they said that is untrue. They explained that the ONLY reason dealers say that is the dealership's get additional incentive $$ after 3-4 months of loan payments on a Chrysler loan. They stated there are NO penalties to paying off the loan early. I received my first statement and sent in a check to pay off the loan. Account has been closed by Chrysler with no penalties on my end. Also, the longer the loan is open the more finance charges Chrysler receives.
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    All the window/mirror/door controls on my Ody EX are lighted. The cruise, stereo, and voice command/navigation buttons on the steering wheel are also lighted. Stereo sounds fine in my Ody. Particularly when a DVD is loaded up.

Honda blew it on the door locks and headlamps. I have no idea why they only offer auto locks and auto headlamps on the touring model. Of course I would have bought the touring model in a heartbeat if it had 8 seats.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    This is a great example of the dumb things the domestics have done in order to sell cars!

Inflate the MSRP so they can show big "discounts". All sorts of cash back and incentive plans, confusing as can be.

Man, I hope Honda never stoops to this!
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Oh, yes, DC minivans power doors also lock automatically...a nice feature Honda has not yet copied

I'm glad you like them. We tried to get our Chrysler dealer to disable them, he could not tell us how on our second Chrysler.

DC minivans have 5 separate controls on the driver's door for power windows each front door and for each opening rear side window plus the power door locks and ALL are lighted on my 2002 T&C LX.

As they are on the Odyssey. What point were you making? We already have that.
    I'm perfectly capable of simply pushing my lock button if I want my ddors locked for whatever reason.

Another "feature" of dubious value to many of us.
  • remark700remark700 Member Posts: 1
    I work for a large dealership, and have sold both vehicles. The DC products were top dog for years, but sadly as with most of Detriot, these vehcikles have declined sharply in quality. The DC use cheaper alloys and materials in the build to save money and offset their labor cost. This is reflected in shorter lifespan, higher maintainace and repair cost and lower resale. Overall I like the T@C very much, but its a bad investment long term, The Odyssey is a much better value for quality and cost of ownership and resale. This is real world, I buy and sell both vehicles every day. A used odyssey means the customer is in a great postion to buy a new vehicle, a used DC means the are probably heavy in Neg. Equity and I wouln't be able to get them into a new car without a heafty downpayment to cover their mistake. I hope Chysler turns this around, it would help business
    Another "feature" of dubious value to many of us.

I think if Honda really felt they were of dubious value to the majority, they wouldn't offer them at all. Instead they offer it as a "luxury" feature. Not many would consider auto locks (or auto headlamps for that matter) more than a basic feature found on some of the cheapest economy cars. And they are programmable so if you don't like them you can turn them off.

The fact that someone's dealer couldn't figure out how to turn them off shouldn't really surprise anyone should it?
    Can you post your source for that? Both stories I read stated that yes, the Honda received good ratings, but did not do well enough to receive the best pick rating.

Sorry you are right. I looked at the chart right good but not best pick
    . But they put the Odyssey at the top and they say thats based on all test scores.
    Well, at least in Hazlet you have very cheap gasoline prices. I filled up for $2.219 on the way back from Sandy Hook on Sat.

I love the Hook especially in the beginning of sept when the Blues are running. My dad still lives in Keyport(gateway to the bayshore) Brought my boy there last year, he loved the bay. I worked at the Getty on 36 and atlantic street like 100 years ago. Wish I had $2.21 cent gas. So, if you get a chance go check out the Bulkhead in Keyport. It's owned by the Merla's but that's ok. Best comfort seafood in the area.
  • nwngnwng Member Posts: 663
    the only time I locked all the doors while driving is when I think I am driving through a really really bad neighborhood. But then, minivan is probably at the bottom of the list for carjackers.

My question for the autolock function is: does it unlock itself after a crash?
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    "Inflate the MSRP....All sorts of cash back and incentive plans..."

Sounds like smart marketing to me...if that is indeed their sales strategy...which I doubt.

You know how people like to say, " WOW...I just got 5 grand off that_______(fill in the blank) So, that manufacturers would use this is hardly shocking.The employee pricing "discount" set all kinds of sales records.

At least with the Honday Odyssey, Honda has "stooped" to the same thing with cash back. Except they are a little sneakier with how they market it. The 2004 Ody had $500 in dealer marketing support back in July. This was reflected in the below invoice price we were offered on an LX.

I think all manufacturers strategy is to set a compeitive price...then have a contengency plan (rebates/incentives) if sales do not meet goals. Some foreigns manufacturers do not discount as much as domistics...but they most certainly would if sales started to fall.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • masterpaul1masterpaul1 Member Posts: 421
    My question for the auto lock function is: does it unlock itself after a crash?

We have a 01 DGC EX and all the doors unlock and the interior lights come on.

For those of you that want to knock Daimlerchrysler for their automatic door locks, probably did the same with the power lift gate. The Automatic door locks are a safety feature that everybody should have. Just like the battery drain feature for the interior and headlights being left on. Another safety feature I like, is that you can not automatically lock the doors, if the key is in the ignition and either driver or passenger door is open. Lets not forget the 2 lbs of pressure needed for all automatic doors to reverse to prevent injury. :)
  • hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    There are two sets of test ratings IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) and NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Authority), IIHS has not tested a DCX version since 2001, but chooses to give the 2006 DCX the same rating as the 2001? NHTSA has tested both a 2006 DCX and a 2006 Odyssey and the ratings for those tests are identical for both models (DCX and Ody). IIHS rated the 06 Odyssey MARGINAL in the rear crash test, and the 2001 DCX tested was ACCEPTABLE. The frontal crash tests are different in both tests, IIHS uses an ofset frontal crash , while NHTSA does not.
    There are two sets of test ratings

There are actually even more then that and they are all a little differant. Here are the major ones I know. NHSTA front and side,IIHS offset and side. EU front and side,JP front,FOLKSAM,AUS-Ncap.

IIHS rated the 06 Odyssey MARGINAL in the rear crash test, and the 2001 DCX tested was ACCEPTABLE.

Actually not the whole story the DCX van is rated poor if you don't have the optionial adjustable lumbar support.

IIHS has not tested a DCX version since 2001, but chooses to give the 2006 DCX the same rating as the 2001?

Not much front end change since 2001. Also DCX could give IIHS a van if they wanted a retest thet did it 3 times in 2001 to get a acceptable. My 2001 Caravan was poor :cry:

I had a 2001 caravan it didn't have automatic locking doors!!
    For those of you that want to knock Daimlerchrysler for their automatic door locks, probably did the same with the power lift gate.

I lock the door everytime I get in. Old habit. The power lift gate who needs it I don't really care if I get my hands dirty I'm not that prissy or lazy.

Another safety feature I like, is that you can not automatically lock the doors, if the key is in the ignition and either driver or passenger door is open. Lets not forget the 2 lbs of pressure needed for all automatic doors to reverse to prevent injury.

The Ody does all these things can't lock it when a doors open or a key in the ignition. Also all my kids have tried like heck to shut the door on themselves with none ever even going ouch.
    MUST have been an "el-strippo" as my daughters 1999 GC SE has automatic locking doors as does my 2002 T&C LX and my son's 2002 GC Sport. ;)
    :sick: Another son's 2001 Odyssey EX does NOT have automatic locking doors. :sick:
    you mean after a crash?

dc is not the only manufacturer who has auto door locks. Nobody is knocking your dc van, and it has nothing to do with the power liftgate or batteries, relax!

it's a pretty simple question: can people open the doors from the outside(to pull you out) after a crash if you have auto door locks? This applies to vans and many other type of vehicles.
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Member Posts: 1,565
    If a crash is severe enough to force rescue people to get you out, likely there is a lot of structural damage to the van anyways, so emergency rescue crews would have to use "jaws of life" to get you out.

I suppose there could be some electronic interlock that unlocks the doors if the airbags go off, but fortunately, we have never had to test that feature!

In any event, on our 1996 Dodge Caravan, front doors can be opened from the inside even if the locks are actuated. The inside door latch handle overrides the locks. On the rear sliders (at least the manual vans) you cannot do this. The power locks have to be unlocked manually.

Furthermore, the DC minivans are also equipped with child safety interlock levers on the doors that if engaged, the sliding doors cannot be opened from the inside at all whether locked or unlocked, to keep kiddies from leaving the van without adult supervision.

I assume the new DC minivans are similar.
  • dennisctcdennisctc Member Posts: 1,168
    The DC use cheaper alloys and materials in the build to save money and offset their labor cost. This is reflected in shorter lifespan, higher maintainace and repair cost and lower resale.

Where does this wisdom come from? You happen to be a manufacturing engineer for DCX also? Maybe in purchasing for raw matl? One has only to go to other areas on here and see DCX owners talking about their Vans with 150k - 200k miles on them, needing something or other.
    Most manufacturers can programs the locks to do whatever the customer wants via the Body Control Module or Engine Control Module. It's whatever you like. I for one, driving around some areas of Detroit, like knowing the doors are locked :)

Maybe Honda doesn't allow it due to liability issues? or philosphy, like the german thinking (until recently) that cup holders are a driving hazard.
    it's a pretty simple question: can people open the doors from the outside(to pull you out) after a crash if you have auto door locks? This applies to vans and many other type of vehicles.

Maybe my answer was not clear. Yes, the doors can be opened if you have the auto lock feature.

"We have a 01 DGC EX and all the doors unlock and the interior lights come on." :P

I listed all the other safety features that came with our van because a lot of people here like to comment on all the Ody safety features that come standard, but don't seem to value the safety features on Daimlerchrysler minivans that come standard or as options. One feature that I like on DamilerChrysler minivans, that I don't believe is on the Ody, is the battery savior feature. ;)
    you don't need to be in a severe crash to need people helping you to get out of the car.

So you do not know if the doors will unlock during a crash.

On the other hand, masterpaul not only knows they will unlock after a crash, but the interior lights will come on as well :P
    One feature that I like on DamilerChrysler minivans, that I don't believe is on the Ody, is the battery savior feature.

I've never had problem with this in my life. But all but one of my DCX products had a battery that had to be replaced in the first 3 years. Can it save me from that. Also the 2001 DGC may(based on build date) have a poor offset rating. Has a middle rear seat with no headrest or 3 point seatbelt. So it's really a 6 passenger car. Has 4 star front crash ratings front passenger and driver and a 3 star rollover rating. I really wouldn't be so proud. :cry:
    Millions of people are very happy, satisfied owners of DC minivans. Many are repeat buyers.
    People who "Pay More, Get Less" buying a Honda Odyssey are insecure. Many Odyssey owners feel they must trash DC minivans to justify their overpriced purchase. :sick:
    Agreed: Odyssey has the most power. Odyssey has seating for 8 that can become comfortable seating for 7. DC does not currently offer seating for 8 but a person could have seating for 8 in a pre-Stow 'N Go GC or T&C by purchasing an additional 3 passenger 3rd row seat and put it in the 2nd row. With the cost of the extra seat, a comparably equipped DC minivan would cost no more than the Odd EX.
    I've never had problem with this in my life. But all but one of my DCX products had a battery that had to be replaced in the first 3 years.

Maybe you are miss understanding me. The battery savior feature, works by turning off any of the interior or head lights left on while not in the vechicle to save you from coming back to your vechicle with a dead/drained battery. This was a feature that a couple people in the Honda Ody Problems Forum complained about not having.

Has a middle rear seat with no headrest or 3 point seatbelt. So it's really a 6 passenger car.

Our third row 50/50 bench seat does not have the middle head rest nor a 3 point seat belt. Although I wish we did have it, it's not a deal breaker for us since we have a family of six. But we can still seat seven if we had to. A lap belt is better than nothing.

Has 4 star front crash ratings front passenger and driver and a 3 star rollover rating.

You forgot to mention the 5 star side front and rear seat rating. And with front driver and passenger side air bags, it got 5 stars. A three star roll over rating for this size of minivan is really good. So what's your point?

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/NCAP/Cars/1669.html

Also the 2001 DGC may(based on build date) have a poor offset rating.

You are correct. The only reason it has a poor overall rating was because of the fuel leak. To which according to Daimlerchrysler, when they tested the same vechicle about 50 times, could not reproduce this problem. The IIHS never did issue a recall for this, so obviously there was not and has not been a problem with the 01 Daimlerchrysler minivans. If there was I'm sure a recall would have gone out by the IIHS. :shades:

http://www.hwysafety.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=32
    People who "Pay More, Get Less" buying a Honda Odyssey are insecure.

Wait didn't I buy a minivan? I get jokes about it at work who cares what brand it is. I have no problems with my feelings. Please talk about the van and not what I think. I try not to say what you feel. How would I know?? Really mostly you sound silly! It's a base argument from someone that really has nothing to say!! I like my Odyssey because I think it's the best car for my family!! Does that make me unreasonable?? I really don't care if I could have saved a few dollars buying a DCX van. As I've said many times IT DOSEN't HAVE the FEATURES I want!! Now go buy a Sienna because the DCX isn't good enough for you and be done with it!!
    Maybe you are miss understanding me. The battery savior feature, works by turning off any of the interior or head lights left on while not in the vechicle to save you from coming back to your vechicle with a dead/drained battery.

No I got ya. This has never happened to me! I guess if it did I'd feel different but always was able to start when I was out and about because of a battery being drained by leaving on light etc.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    is Honda Odyssey vs. Dodge/Chrysler minivans. Let's stick to critiquing the vehicles -- not each other. Thanks.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

I've never had problem with this in my life. But all but one of my DCX products had a battery that had to be replaced in the first 3 years. Can it save me from that. Also the 2001 DGC may(based on build date) have a poor offset rating. Has a middle rear seat with no headrest or 3 point seatbelt. So it's really a 6 passenger car. Has 4 star front crash ratings front passenger and driver and a 3 star rollover rating. I really wouldn't be so proud.

In 26 years of driving almost everything on the road, I have never had to replace a defective battery. Ohh yeah, my "crappy" 1983 Cavalier with 180k miles once needed a battery after 6 years. You have the worst luck with DCX products.

Why didn't you buy a wonderful 2001 Ody in the first place? Weren't all these glaring problems evident at time of purchase i.e...6 passenger seating, famous quality problems, crash ratings?

BTW - I do recall posts of Hondas not having this simple circuitry, and having problems.
    please define many, i've never trahsed the dc vans. It's the vsc and the fact that I can put 5-6 belted kids in the van(I cannot believe how many times I've done that already). I do like the power pedals(for wife) and the lift gate offered in this price range. If I have to do it all over again, I might go for the sienna and enjoy the quiet ride.

It's only a van for hauling kids
    Why didn't you buy a wonderful 2001 Ody in the first place? Weren't all these glaring problems evident at time of purchase i.e...6 passenger seating, famous quality problems, crash ratings?

Heck I didn't even want a minivan, but I just had twins and needed the space. Basically it was cheap, I paid 16K and t and l. The crash ratings weren't out but I saw a online acticle saying how good they would be getting. Really for what I paid it was fine. Figured I'd keep it 5 years then go to a big sedan. Guess what we don't fit in a big sedan. :blush:

BTW - I do recall posts of Hondas not having this simple circuitry, and having problems

yep some people really need this function. Sure more than a few people have woke up to a dead battery.
  • drw0254drw0254 Member Posts: 1
    I AM HAVING THE SAME WHISTLING NOISE PROBLEM WITH MY 2005 ODYSSEY. CAN YOU TELL ME THE NAME & LOCATION OF THE HONDA DEALER WHO FIXED THIS PROBLEM AND HOW I CAN CONTACT THEM ?

YOUR HELP IN THIS MATTER WOULD BE SINCERELY APPRECIATED....
  • paukercpaukerc Member Posts: 14
    Hey All,

It's me again. I thought I would come out here one last time and tell you the deal I got on the new van. I did alot of bouncing back and forth between 2 dealers with both of them matching prices on the 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (no extras, black van). In IN, the rebate for this area right now is $2,500 plus $1,000 cash bonus. So that's $3,500 off in rebates. Both dealers said Oct was a bad month and that is the highest in rebates they have seen in 2 years for the Grand Caravans. Not sure about that... but I think they were being honest about it.

I also joined Farm Bureau insurance for $28 and as long as you are member for 30 days you will receive an extra $500 rebate on the price just for being a member. No one told me about joining for like $28 until like the last 2 days. So the total in rebates is $4000. And both dealers went about $269 below Invoice which the grand total after rebates and Destination charges was $22,230 (not including 6% sales tax).

The dealer in Ky I thought was going to go down to $22,000 but they said they just couldn't go any lower. So I opted that if I was going to eat $200 they could eat $100 of that too and they accepted that offer. And since I bought in KY, I don't have to pay IN tire taxes of about $80 and they waived the $260 dealer fee for filling out paperwork. That's a ripoff for anyone who has to pay that.

So for $22,130 the van cost, plus 6% IN sales tax I got the van for, $23,457.80. That's $369 below invoice and I saved $80 in tire taxes and $260 in BS fees. The dealer in IN had a black van on the lot. Since KY didn't, they are ordering me one brand new from the factory. No fees or anything other than destination which is included in the total price.

I do have to note that come Dec 1st the extra $1,000 bonus will probably go bye, bye, but who knows. The nice thing was anytime a dealer buys it new for you, at the time they order the van you get the rebates that are going on at that time, even though I won't actually be paying in full until my 30 days are up (Farm Bureau rebate) which will be in December. So ordering brand new instead of buying the new one on the lot actually worked out better for us and the timing. Course we have 2 vehicles already so it's nice for once to buy without having to have the van ASAP.

I kept thinking I'm going to join farm bureau to gain $500 but then in December lose the $1000 and come out -$500 in the hole. But that's not going to happen now. At any rate, I don't know anyone that works at Dodge and finding someone just didn't seem possible to get the EP discounts. But overall, I think we did pretty good. I appreciate all of your advice, tips and of course hearing how everyone wants to compare vans. ha ha. You guys are a riot.. I really wish I had time to argue about which is better. With twins that are 22 months old.. I just argue about not getting enough sleep. :)

For us, the stow-n-go sealed the deal cause I can see us really using that. But I could see that if you didn't use that.. just a regualar Dodge van, Grand Caravan SXT, 3.3 v6 would save you $3,000 right off the top. And we thought about Toyota's Sienna cause I know it holds it's value and my brother works for Toyota so I could have got $500 above cost.

I'm sure all of these vans are good deals, nice options just depends on what people prefer. I rode in a Ford Windstar van to St. Louis and back and I thought it was a great ride and nice options too. So most always, it comes down to price, value and options and your previous experience with a car company. So adious my friends.. it's been fun.

Paul K. - 38.. somewhere roaming the roads in a black Stow-n-go van in less than 30 day.
    So for $22,130 the van cost

Sounds like a good deal TMV is 22,812.00 so you did better than average. Happy you got what you wanted for a good price!

Dodge and finding someone just didn't seem possible to get the EP discounts.

They don't seem to be hanging out on the street corner do they??

You guys are a riot.. I really wish I had time to argue about which is better. With twins that are 22 months old.. I just argue about not getting enough sleep.

More like a train wreck! No you don't wish you had the time and they are both better for some people, it just matters what you want. BTW I got 4 year old twins it really is a blessing. You need a minivan or a large SUV(I'm not a SUV guy)to have enough space. Enjoy your van and stay safe!!
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    Another feature of "dubious value? To many of us?

This appears as a thinly vailed attempt to isolate those who appreciate and want the automatic door lock feature as someone outside the norm. However, this statement coming from a Honda salesperson is no surprise. If your product doesn't offer it, offend it and the desire to want it!

To many women this is not a "dubious" feature. Locking all four doors from the drivers seat is a inconvenience and safety concern that many people think is worth the auto lock feature, arrogant assertion or not.
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    Well, since we now know that a power liftgate is "prissy," I guess we can make the assumption that there's an element of masculine insecurity in the decision to buy a Honda.

In the meantime it appears that in the latest issue of Consumers' Reports Car Buyer's Guide the Honda Ody's transmissions are not much better than the Chrysler's!
    Well, since we now know that a power liftgate is "prissy," I guess we can make the assumption that there's an element of masculine insecurity in the decision to buy a Honda.

No I'm saying I can get my hands dirty. I'm not prissy. Go ahead and search that word in this forum. It never bothered you before when someone else said it to describe a honda product!! So please stop the smearing it is just all too common!

In the meantime it appears that in the latest issue of Consumers' Reports Car Buyer's Guide the Honda Ody's transmissions are not much better than the Chrysler's!

Now you love CR I see how you are LOL!!! You certainly don't read your own posts! And I bet they are very close in reliability. Now in smoothness and shifting with no whining noise the Honda is way better than the 41TE. I should know I've owned both. ;)
    This appears as a thinly vailed attempt to isolate those who appreciate and want the automatic door lock feature as someone outside the norm. However, this statement coming from a Honda salesperson is no surprise. If your product doesn't offer it, offend it and the desire to want it!

I've heard the same comments made about VSC and standard side airbags and headrests/3 point belts at all positions. Seems we have a one way street here. If I say any feature the DCX van dosen't have is good I'm unreasonable. Yet if I don't think something has value that the DCX van has I'm arrogant. Not really ,just pointing out why I bought the van. I don't pretend to be anything but a Odyssey advocate!I get all these people saying you only tell one side of the story! I looked and made my choice! People that come in here are making there own. And whatever they make is fine with me. :P

To many women this is not a "dubious" feature. Locking all four doors from the drivers seat is a inconvenience and safety concern that many people think is worth the auto lock feature, arrogant assertion or not.

Many may but many may not want it. Just state it is there for this forum and let other decide! What's the big deal, what his opinion is??
    Ok, I admit it......I'm prissy!!!!

When I first got autolocking doors, I thought of it as more government intrusion into my life. But driving around Detroit, in some of the seedy areas (90% of Detroit :) I love it!

Same thing with power hatch. When you're at Sam's, it's -10 below, your van is caked with weeks of road salt and grime, the very last thing anyone wants to do is get their hands filthy or cold (taking gloves off).

Here's a joke: How can you tell when a Salesman is lying? When his lips move!!!!! :)
    I've never figured out why everyone uses their hands on the outside of the hatches anyway. Every van/suv I've owned has a handle on the inside used to shut the hatch. Even my wife can shut the door this way. Granted a power hatch would be a nice option, I'm not going to discount it. As I've said a million times....I would have bought the Touring Ody in a flash if Honda offered it with the 8th seat.
  • fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    But you can't OPEN the hatch with the inside handle!!
    Dustyk,

Forget the fact I sell Hondas if you are able.

If I want my doors locked when I'm driving (I don't) it's an easy matter to simply push a button. I don't want the car to decide my doors should be locked!

Is it really THAT "inconvenient" for you to take a hslf second to push a button?

My non arrogant point being...what is a big deal to some people is an unwanted feature to others!
    the power hatch is one of the options I think will get more popular, as well as the power folding 3rd row in the explorer.

dc, honda and yota should have these options on their next redesign
    My non arrogant point being...what is a big deal to some people is an unwanted feature to others

And also a safety concern so far no one was able to answer: will it unlock after a crash?
This discussion has been closed.