Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    Your right captain. Guess I just assumed. Thanks for monitoring the situation.

As flight pointed out a used Ellps can be had. As well as any other used makes- prob can get a E55 for that price as well.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Will do!

Last Saturday on my way to work, I got nailed on 95 doing 81 in a 55. The Merritt is tons of fun. Gotta watch out for the deer & the left lane campers on the Merritt more than the State Troopers.

I usually take 95 to work because there is a DDDT on my way to it.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

What is DDDT?
    Dunkin donuts ?

Merritt is a blast - stay to the left - pass the slow poke on the right- couple of decent straights (that bridge) and lets not forget the 35mph turns.
  • dag63dag63 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, fedlawman. I may also look at a used M37 or 2 year-old A6.
    Dunkin' Donuts Drive Thru

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,441
    I guessed right on that one.

But, no more doing that with the Bimmer. not with those crappy cup holders!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Who drinks and drives? When I'm driving my BMW's I keep both hands on the wheel. Now have to say, with all the rentals I drive, it is nice to have a cup coffee to wake one up in the morning.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    The cupholders in my 1'er are just fine. I think they finally improved them with the E92/82 series. If you get iDrive, you get crappy ones again.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

usa today.. james r healey "Its tough to point to a couple of attributes and say, 'yeah, that's justifies a $50k real-world price for a compact sedan.' Rather, the new 3 series is a car that gets under your skin. A car that, having driven it awhile, leaves you quite dissatisfied with a lot of other cars."

wish i could find the link but its in todays paper.
    the 1 is OK. An E46 is fine. But, the 5 series never was any good, and I thought the outgoing 3 series (E90?) reverted back to just cheesey flip out arms (and no holes in the console)?

And Flight, when you live/commute in the north east, you spend plenty of time just sitting going no where, so safe enough to take a hand off the wheel to take a drink.

It is not the fact that the cup holders don't do their job, it where they are placed, suspended in air is not the best place for a cup holder, the proper place is in the middle consul where it would bounce around.
  • renssilsrenssils Member Posts: 24
    My 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD is almost 11 months old, has been driven almost 14,000 miles, and has 410 days to go till the lease expires. I can't wait.

First the good. The engine and transmission are superb. The all-wheel-drive performs well. The sound system is first-class. The seats are comfortable. Roadholding and handling can be so good, if the car has high-performance summer tires, as my TL once had. Properly shod, the TL SH-AWD with Advance Package is fun to drive. The folks at the huge Acura dealer are unfailingly polite. Reliability has good other than a failed battery and a failed air-conditioning system.

Now the bad. The TL places form, that is, styling, before function and that includes safety. The outward visibility is dangerously limited. I have had three near accidents because the blind spots are huge, not to mention the long, wide hood and the front's low ground clearance. The trunk is small, hard to load, has a high lift-over, and is awkwardly proportioned, not to mention that the rear deck lid has a nasty point at its center. Be sure to raise the deck lid to its maximum height! Entry and exit to the rear passenger compartment isn't easy for many folks. The air-conditioning system failed due to lack of refrigerant and because the dealer couldn't find anything wrong, he charged me $151.33 and said that there was no warranty coverage as the car has more than 12,000 miles. (I will pursue this issue with the dealer's management and Acura.) The battery has been replaced under warranty. An irksome rattle was allegedly cured under warranty by adding insulation to the trunk. On the 19-inch Goodyear Eagle tires road noise is excessive and grip is low. The instrument panels are highly styled to a fare-thee-well at the expense of ease of use; try to find the clock.

I drove a 2012 Acura TX sportswagon and found it nimble and pleasing to drive. It made the TL seem clumsy by contrast.

I had considered and drove several new cars, including an Audi A6, Infinite M37 and M56, BMW 535ix and Volvo S80 and S60 T6, before I chose the Acura TL because of its reputation for reliability, good performance, and price.

I won't miss the 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

my 2005 330 has one cup holder and I have never used it, my 2011 has two in the dash (both on the pax side), and one in the console (it is in the way of shifting) and one under the arm rest in the center console (really stupid place for it).
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    I mostly use it to hold my phone. ;)

Stick I hear yeah, recently I drove from Bayside NY to Lake Hopatcong NJ and was amazed on the amount of time sitting going no where. BTW, yes I had a drink in the rental...
    just curious, are this big rebates just on the xi? I did check my local dealer, and they list 34! 2011 3 series still in stock, and it looks like of the 328s only a couple are RWD. Not much difference in price however.

Seems you can get one pretty well loaded (well, everything I would want) at right around 41K MSRP. Even had a RWD for 39.somethingK

5 grand off is a nice start, especially when you add in another grand for the 1st 2 payments! When they get to 10K off, maybe I'll get one.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    I think the deals are only on the 328xi..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    I rented a 2011 CTS for a week. While it was nice I was glad to get back to my car. So I can't say for me it was better than my g.
  • mkahn21mkahn21 Member Posts: 11
    I bought the G37x today and grinned all the way home. Great to be out of a boat crossover and into a fun car. Looking forward to years of enthusiastic driving.

I posted the details of the deal in the G37 Prices Paid forum.
    Welcome back and you went with the best "value" in the group. Congrats
    Congrats on the new ride! Enjoy your new G!

Received a call from my BMW salesman late this afternoon. My new 3 should be arriving at the dealership sometime Monday. I'll most likely pick it up on Thursday.

that I couldn't do. If it came in monday, I would be there monday night. Tuesday morning at the latest if they needed time to prep!

Good luck, you posted on acurazine?
    Good luck, the g is a great car. Not as refined as the bimmer, but a lot of fun never the less.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    edited March 2012
    Well NYC, I guess we're in a race to see who takes delivery first. I just put down a deposit on a 3-series too! It's not as well equipped as yours though... :)
    I hear ya stick. We are supposed to bring the Pilot in for service Monday night for Tuesday. My wife does not want to drive my new BMW to work on the 1st or 2nd day I own it.

Get out! Details dude!

If we race, you'll win. You are a much better driver;)

edited March 2012
    Not with 134 HP (hint, hint)

It's a 2-door so I can't say more without offending some people here. ;)
    E30 318iS?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

You're very warm... :blush:
    E36 318ti?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Oh, getting colder...
    1992 318ic

Pictures of the car taken by the current owner. I'm hoping to pick it up next week.

'92 iC? No Air Bag? Did they swap out the steering wheel? Is it a grey market euro car?

Hyundai become a sudo lux sedan brand? Is It a better lux sedan brand then Buick, caddy, Acura, Infiniti.

Jd power and consumer reports love the brand - pricing in line or better then group- strong engine choices and a range of cars not matched by most. Sonata, azera, genesis, Equus. Thoughts?
    Looks nice.... that isn't going to scratch that M3 itch, though.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Looks very, very nice.
    "'92 iC? No Air Bag?"

You know, I was trying to remember what year airbags / roller coaster seatbelts were mandated. You're right, of course - I didn't even notice.

Yes, I rechecked his spec sheet and it has an MTech 1 steering wheel listed.

It's a US car. One enthusiast owner, fanatically maintained. Only significant mods are 15" BBS RZ rims, E30 M3 springs/Bilstein struts, and the radio (which I'll ditch).
    edited March 2012
    Yes, it is a beauty KD. I've always loved the vert - wanted one since I was in college.
    edited March 2012
    "that isn't going to scratch that M3 itch, though.. "

No, it's missing about 100 hp...among other things.

It isn't intended as a replacement though, so all is well.

***Those offended by talk of Porsches and other sports cars please do not read any further***

My daughter turns 15 next month so we have been looking to pick up an inexpensive 3rd car anyways. I still want to replace my M with a Porsche, but until recently, I was pretty much limited to the 911 because we still need the backseat on weekends sometimes - usually not for 4 people but, I often used the M to shuttle the kids around.

Now that I have found another car with a backseat, I am free to look at 2 seater replacements for the M. I can get a 2009 Cayman S for about $20,000 less than a 2009 911 Carrera, so I'm even saving money.

It's a win-win. Even my wife agrees, so it must make sense. :blush:
    Congrats on the new rig
    The only reason I asked is because my '90 E30 325i had one.

It was red too IIRC.
    It was red. Excellent memory. Good luck with it. Looks like it is in fantastic shape!

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Shhhhhhaaaaweeeeeeeettttt!

Love it.

Congrats!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    Congrats on the new car..

BTW, the Cayman S is a great car, I like them better then the 911
    Thanks Graphic and Flight!

Cayman S is seriously on the radar but I also remembered a conversation you (Flight) and I had recently. 2002+ Acura NSX. Mmmmm, tasty.
    Yes, the NSX is one of my secret desires, for me the 2002+ is the ones to get. There are plenty of aftermarket companies to help increase the HP on the engine. Driveabilty is excellent, and the car continues to turn heads today.