Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    yeah, that's great. but you really daned around that one. Were you really trying to prove that a heavily modified vehicle is better than a TL? Hey, congrats on that win, bud!

did you forget the title of the topic? Apparently you did. How bout taking another look at the top of the board to remind yourself. The CTS-V, modified or not, is NOT an entry level luxo sports sedan. And, once again, NOTHING in this class is a supercar. Can it be made to perform like one with enough money? Of course. I can make a toaster beat the heck out of an M3 with enough money. But neither would fall into this category.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• eaton53eaton53 Member Posts: 356
    "How bout taking another look at the top of the board to remind yourself. The CTS-V, modified or not, is NOT an entry level luxo sports sedan."

Just looked... and now you're telling me a CTS-V is not a CTS. Now that's absurd!! I suppose a 330i is also not a 3-Series? Different motor, sports packages are there also.

The barrier here has been price, but I've also shown how to get a CTS-V for less than many of the cars in this topic, even provided the link, so that's out the window. But hey, when you can't compete, you deny and say it doesn't fall into the category. Utter nonsense.

"Can it be made to perform like one with enough money? I can make a toaster beat the heck out of an M3 with enough money. But neither would fall into this category."

Again, at the top of this category it says "CTS". The CTS-V is a CTS. You can get one for less than $40K. And to top it off, now you claim you can make a toaster perform like one with enough money, yet you produced neither the toaster, or the mythical car.

Fish or cut bait... where's the CAR?
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    "Did they let them drive those cars home?"

"Where's the CAR?"

Quote from a website that townhall rules prohibit me from linking -

"The team had only ninety days to prepare a stock TL to NASA Honda Challenge specifications. While the engine, drivetrain and brake system remained stock, the team augmented the TL's 3.2 liter V6 with a cold air intake, and a custom exhaust header from Prototype Racing. A large diameter exhaust, a lightweight flywheel and a performance clutch were provided by Comptech USA. The suspension was modified with custom H&R coil-overs, a Progress adjustable rear sway bar and adjustable SPC camber ball joints and links. Lightweight Enkei racing wheels and Toyo RA-1 race compound tires were used for increased grip..."

That's a FWD luxury sedan with stock engine, drivetrain and brakes - and it finished 3rd in a 25-hour endurance race against Porsche's, BMW's, and Cobra's.

"The CTS-V is #1 at both Road & Track and Automobile."

So what's that got to do with the $33,000 CTS (3.6L) we're talking about in this forum? The Saleen Cobra is an awesome car, but does that make the V-6 Mustang your sister drives a top-notch sport coupe?

Seriously, let's just leave the CTS-V (and that ridiculous, $120,000 Mallet) out of this discussion, OK?

In my opinion, the TL is a fine choice in this segment for someone who wants solid 8/10ths handling, a great engine/powertrain, and top quality materials and amenities. The CTS (again in my opinion) may offer 9/10ths handling, but in a package that is larger (it has the wheelbase of a Range Rover!), short on amenities, and has sub-par material quality and polarizing styling.

The bottom line is - both the Acura TL and Cadillac CTS are fine $33,000 choices. The "better" car is simply the one that possesses the characteristics that each of us value on an individual basis.

To dismiss the TL because of it's FWD layout is just as absurd as dismissing the CTS because of it's unconventioanl styling. If it's not your cup of tea, fine, but that doesn't make it inferior.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    We've been around and around about this and as your host, I defined the vehicles that belong in this topic in this message: pat, "Entry-Level Luxury Performance Sedans" #1446, 19 Mar 2004 5:34 pm

The CTS-V is not one of them and it generally is more expensive and of a different class than the cars we are talking about. As I noted in that message I just linked, anyone is free to find or start another comparo if this one does not suit your purposes.

Note that there is only room for six vehicles in the categories you are seeing above; that's why they don't all appear there.

Things are getting a little too personal here - we can disagree with each other without getting ugly about it. Let's reel in the emotion a bit please.
  • eaton53eaton53 Member Posts: 356
    "That's a FWD luxury sedan with stock engine, drivetrain and brakes - and it finished 3rd in a 25-hour endurance race against Porsche's, BMW's, and Cobra's."

That's far different than passing all Federal standards. Sorry, your example doesn't pass muster.

"Seriously, let's just leave the CTS-V out of this discussion, OK?"

From every criteria I see here, it's in... I provided the under $40K price link - in fact the last new '04 at my local lealer had a $42K sticker in the windshield, certainly not out of this subject's price range.

Can I help it if the others have too little performance for too much money?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    >> From every criteria I see here, it's in

No it is not. I assume you were composing as I was posting.

Let's move on now, thank you.
  • danny1878danny1878 Member Posts: 339
    Can I help it if the others have too little performance for too much money?

A 3.6L engine that can only produce a 255hp is too little performance? YES especially if the car cant go under 6 in 0-60

Too much money?

Try to equip all features that TL has, CTS 3.6's prices will shoot to the roof. That is why less people vote with their wallet on that car. :)
  • lovemyclklovemyclk Member Posts: 351
    Hate to burst your bubble, but these "tuner" cars have nothing in common with their "factory" brethren other than body stampings and some interior bits. That a Mallet Caddy with 700+ HP finished 1st has absolutely no relevance to the TL, 3-Series or its own cousin, the CTS.

Please brush up on your automotive perspective. Kinda like comparing the Chevy Monte Carlo with its NASCAR 4th-cousin twice removed raced on Sunday's!!

Back to reality... the TL is certainly competitive to the G, 3-Series, CTS, etc... it just offers it's own distinct interpretation of the automotive experience to suit drivers that find those characteristics to be valuable. Good thing that variation exists to please ALL of us... competition also helps to improve the lot.
  • cruller001cruller001 Member Posts: 12
    Sup Folks,

Just finished reading the Bmw write-up in the Wall St Journal today. And to me, it seems they have just placed what has been known for a while in the public domain. Issues like Styling, I-Drive, reliability and competition, namely G35 and CTS(price?)was discussed in this article. I guess bimmer fans, and passive fans like myself and of course detractors have always known this to be the case, (we've certainly debated those same issues in these forums quite a bit).

I certainly did not get the impression the article was mean to inflame. It pointed out Bmw sales were up world-wide. And in 2003 it made $3.5billion in profit, more than GM, Ford, Volkswagen, and Renault combined. However it's U.S market share had dropped due to these same issues and also changing demographics.

While I am passively in the market(I just paid off my 2000 Mazda Millennia S)If I decide to pull the trigger, M35sport, G35, TL and Jaguar would be my order of preference. As I pointed out earlier, while I am a passive fan, the price of the 3series and it's size simply don't do it for me.

By the by, did anyone see the Car and Driver marathon this weekend on Spike TV?
    Just got around to reading my January issue of Roundel.

Nice letter!
  • kominskykominsky Member Posts: 850
    I <LSD> was wondering <LSD> if that was him... LSD.

:-)
  • riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    fedlawman & kominsky... Ya know what they say, everyone has a doppleganger somewhere in the world? Luckily mine appears capable of trenchant automotive commentary?
  • m4d_cowm4d_cow Member Posts: 1,491
    do you guys by any chance know how much im supposed to pay for an 05 X5 3.0, black on beige, premium, auto, xenon, coldweather?

one more thing, is the pastel green interior available for USspec x5?

ive been checking the x5 forums but no answers so far...
  • billykrebsbillykrebs Member Posts: 33
    Has anyone here purchased a 3.6 CTS lately? I am looking, and have been for quite some time now, the perfect midsize car. The CTS just entered the equation and it has my interest after reading the Road and Track comparison. I obviously am also looking at the G35 (too small for me I think), the TL (really like it and it is leading at this time, but the exterior bores me), and the S60 2.5t (nice car, good looks, but a bit small i think).

I don't want to pay the $38k or so that I configured it for and I know that there are deals out there on GM vehicles. I read somewhere that somebody got $7,500 or so in rebates & incentives.

Also, what do y'all think about that comparison of the TL and the CTS? I know the FWD vs. RWD will be the major factor for some, but if you can try to rule that out please do.

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    If you disregard RWD/FWD, the Acura TL wins on all fronts..

Of course, that is just my opinion..lol

The big one.. resale.. If you think you will sell that car anytime within 5 years, you will be many thousands ahead with the Acura..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    Have you driven the CTS and TL back to back?
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,686
    But that's just on the aesthetic level. Have you checked out the interior of a CTS? Does the C stand for Chevy Cavalier??? And the exterior, while differnt, is just plain overdone. IMHO, of course. I haven't driven the CTS, which is probably its saving grace, but even if it "outdrives" the TL (which I find to be very handome in and out), I could not look at, nor sit in, the CTS every day and be happy...

Drive 'em both, figure out your priorities and buy. Whichever you buy is the best car.

YMMV.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• gordonwdgordonwd Member Posts: 337
    I always say "what part of your car do you see the most of?" Well, it's the interior -- not the exterior styling, and that has always been very important to me. That's one reason why my last two cars have been a '98 A4 and a '04 325i: both look and feel very nice from the driver's seat.

That is also one thing that turned me off when I test-drove a Saab 9-3 before deciding on the 325. The instrument panel of the Saab was very complex-looking -- dozens of buttons -- and with the display for the radio and that other display up under the windshield, it definitely didn't do it for me. I really like the external styling, and the car drove & performed well, but I couldn't see myself enjoying the view from the business seat!
    I have driven the TL, but not the CTS. Those really are the only 2 I can think of. The G is too small, 325 is too small, the A4 is too small, the 9-3 has gotten terrible reviews.

It appears that the CTS is just as big as the TL. I understand that the fit and finish is not as good in the CTS. I like the exterior styling of the CTS. One problem is that the Acura dealer is 60 miles away and the Cadillac dealer is 2 miles away. That is a big deal to me. I also am feeling pretty patriotic these days and am leaning to the CTS, a car i would of never looked at a year ago.

It really is tough. On paper the Acura wins and on the interior the Acura wins. I prefer the Caddy exterior to the TL exterior.

The Acura is cheaper on MSRP as well, but I am wondering if the street price of the CTS is probably much less than the MSRP. It has to be. So, a $38k CTS probably costs you $32k or so is what I am thinking. Does anyone here know?

I am looking to lease, not buy so that changes things a little bit.
    1) If you like the CTS exterior, that counts for something..

2) 2 miles vs. 60 miles to the dealer is another real benefit..

3) The lease deals on TLs right now are just standard rates.. no manufacturer support.. So, maybe not that great.

4) Not sure of the lease deals on the CTS, but something tells me, that the price difference will pretty much disappear if you are leasing.. Maybe, even lower on the CTS.

regards,

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Another thought, Billy. If winter driving is a consideration for you, then FWD vs. RWD may take on additional importance. Theoretically, FWD is better in the snow. HOWEVER, the non-navi TL is equipped with Bridgestone Turanza EL42 tires which, IMO, are terrible in the snow! Too bad I found this out after buying my TL, which other than the tires is a great car: smooth, quiet, powerful and handsome inside and out.

I've not been stranded (we're getting another 8-10" on top of the 30" of snow we got in Boston this weekend!) nor spun, but I think that is a combination of my snow driving experience and the TLs traction electronics (TC, VSA, ABS). I'm somewhat upset with these tires (I think they flatspot, also).

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

I had a chance to drive the TL and CTS back to back on a track, and in that environment, the CTS did much better. And, you can get a LOT off the MSRP. I recall seeing ads in the paper offering 6K off to begin with.

Now, as a daily driver, that's not the #1 criteria, but i'm not interested in a car that doesn't make me smile. That's just my own personal preference. OTOH this is a sport sedan topic.
    I drove the CTS today for the first time. Love the exterior, the trunk, the size, the seats and the drive characteristics. Cannot stand the interior. I cannot believe it is on the inside of a $43k car that I looked at. I thought that the dimmer switch next to the sunroof opener was going to fall off when I touched it. The doors are plastic, the dash is plastic, the console is plastic, the knobs are plastic, the middle console is plastic. For as much as I love the exterior I can't believe the inside is that bad. I am really dissapointed. I really thought that the reviews were exaggerating how bad it is. I am sorry to those CTS owners that I am offending but I truly am surprised and disappointed.

I am the only that was that shocked by the interior. How on earth did the CTS beat the 530, A6, Jag, E320 in the Road and Track comparison of the 6 cylinders?
  • darrenwdarrenw Member Posts: 23
    I do not own any of these vehicle, but IMO 3.xL CTS is not likely to be my choice of vehicles. TL wins the look, interior, power, reliability , comfort, ... well almost everything. If only TL comes with RWD :( (but it handles pretty well too -imo)

The G otoh has better handling (imo based on its RWD setup) but it comes with tougher ride. Well, it depends on your priorities thou. But if you choose a RWDer, dont forget to get winter tires (if you live in snow area). Believe me you wont regret it.

Good luck.
  • volvodan1volvodan1 Member Posts: 188
    The only incentives on the CTS is $1500 GM loyalty. The biggest discount we've given is $5,000 off, and that was a demo w/ 4,000 miles on it. GM has left the incentives off the CTS. Resale has been excellent.
    RE: The interior. I had the same reaction when I first sat in a CTS at the New England auto show a few years back. I really felt like I was in a $20k Chevy, not a (gasp) $40k Caddy!

As I said earlier, the actual driving is probably (since I haven't driven one) the CTS saving grace. The exterior, while it has grown on me and isn't Aztek-ugly, still is too overdone for my tastes.

• tedescm1tedescm1 Member Posts: 309
    How long does it take to settle a lemon law case?

thanks,
  • cybersolcybersol Member Posts: 91
    Have you sat in the G35 back to back with the TL? If you do, I don't see how you could come to the conclusion the G35 is small but the TL is not. They are virtually identical, except I hit my head in the rear of the TL and not the G. IMO with the updated '05 G35 interior, you should definitely test drive it with your choices. It is fun to test or own any of the cars in this class. So Enjoy!
  • jrock65jrock65 Member Posts: 1,371
    I think a G25 priced about $2500 less than the G35 would be a good idea. Get more younger buyers in the door who will later upgrade to more expensive Infinitis.

All the other import luxury brands offer or will offer a base version offering about 200 hp. I see no reason why Infiniti should not.

Audi: A4 1.8

BMW: 325i

Mercedes: C240

Lexus: IS250 (coming soon)

Acura: TSX

They could use the V6 VQ25DE used in the Japanese Fuga (U.S. M) 250GT, making 210hp at 6000rpm, and 197 torque at 4400rpm.

Obviously, it won't feel as powerful as the G35, but it will have a lighter steering feel, better balance, and be more gas efficient as well.

It'll probably do 0-60 in about 7.0 seconds with auto trans, which won't be that bad.
    I did sit in the G35 and the TL back to back. Maybe I mistyped, but I think that the headroom in the TL is probably an inch or so more than the G35. I don't necessarily think that the interior is that much different. I am only 6'1" but I do prefer the upright position and my head/hair was rubbing on the roof of the G35, but not on the roof of the TL or the S60 for that matter. They are all fun you are right. I have paralysis by analysis. Done too much research. I should just not look at any stats and get the one that makes me feel good I guess.
  • bernardcbernardc Member Posts: 1
    try real snow tires 4 of them narrow is better of course keeping same overall diameter and fitting over brake package use smaller wheel minus 1 sizing i cant believe people dont use snow tires all season are stated as for OCCASSIONAL LIGHT snow by tire specialist such as tire rack a set of snows on different wheels are the way to go and stop better PERIOD
    I agree that full snows are the ultimate solution, but Tirerack is in business to sell tires and would like to convince you that your all-seasons will not do the job. So far this year, my area (near Detroit) has had much more snow than in the previous 5 or 6 years, and I have been doing just fine in my 325i (RWD) with all-seasons. And that's with my local govt. having a budget problem so that it takes them several days to get around to plowing my subdivision's streets. The traction and stability controls help a lot, but in general I am very pleased with the way this car gets through the snow. Not quite as good as my previous A4 Quattro of course, but certainly adequate for this area.
    Good point.. What some people, who are not from the midwest don't realize.. is the topography changes dramatically, once you get north of I-70 (basically an east-west line that goes through Indianapolis and Columbus).

South of that line, the topography is very hilly, and even though this area gets less snow, it is much more difficult to navigate slick areas.. North of that line, most of the area is flat as a billiard table.. and, unless the snow is drifting, it really isn't that hard to navigate..

There are lots of exceptions, but I hope this helps explain why people in Detroit or Chicago might not need snows, but people in Cincinnati might require them.

regards,

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    I grew up (and learned to drive) in Oakland County (just north of Detroit), and lived in Chicago for 13 years after a 5 year stint in SoCal, and I would have to say that I don't think I would opt for winter tires if my car already had All-Season rubber on it if I lived in the Mid-West. The issue gets a little murkier if the car has summer tires, for me, I'd get the snows.

I've spent the last dozen years on the east coast, and given the hilly nature of the local topology, winter tires become even more important. I survived with All-Season rubber in the NYC metro area, however, there were a number of days where I needed to be on the roads, and those tires made for a serious white knuckle trip. The winter tires I'm currently running have made such a dramatic transformation in the drivability of my car that I doubt seriously if I'll ever not opt for winter tires again.

Best Regards,

Shipo
    Greetings from the land of the newest dynasty, New England!

Ultimately, you are correct. However, as a life-long New Englander and skier (Vermont primarily, but now that I'm in Boston, Maine and New Hampster too), I've always done just fine with front-wheel drive, all-season tires and a bit of winter driving common sense. This is one reason I've stuck with FWD and never felt the need for AWD. That's why I'm so disappointed with the Bridgestones' performance in the snow, I may need to buy snow tires! If I knew I was going to need snows, I may have gone RWD.

The TCS/VSA & ABS have kept me going in the desired direction, so I'm not going to spring for snows (or better rated in the snow all seasons) yet. See how I do the rest of this winter.

• joeshanjoeshan Member Posts: 70
    .02 from the Big Apple.

I was actually out in Columbus, Oh. just after Christmas and had no problems with the RS-A's even in water on top of ice (G35X).

Back here in NYC, I had no real problems in our recent "blizzard". The only time I was wishing for winter tires was when I was trying to park, or leave my parking space. I just turned on Snow Mode and turned off the VDC. A lot of rocking back and forth was required.

I realize that all-season tires are at best a compromise. The AWD is best for getting going and helps in turns, but AWD doesn't do anything for stopping in the snow.

I wish that the Infiniti wheels were not so expensive, as I would have a dedicated set of winter tires in the original size. I'd prefer Pirelli Sotto Zero or Dunlops, as I feel that they would last longer than Blizzaks. Too bad Nokkia or Gislaved don't make winter tires in this size.
  • nhbound50nhbound50 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone compared the CTS to the Lincoln LS or the Pontiac GXP? Comments.........
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    I was actually just mentioning this to my wife last night - that i need to go drive the CTS and LS. However, I'd be looking at used since both of these depreciate HARSHLY. I've seen '03s and '04s with low miles of both cars for ~$25k to ~$28k (and that's LIST price).

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A reporter would like to interview someone who recently bought a large sedan such as a Mercedes E-Class, Lexus LS 430, Mercury Crown Victoria or any large Cadillac or Lincoln.

Please send your daytime contact info to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, February 11, 2005.
  • hoxhox Member Posts: 24
    I'm in the market for a new vehicle and am comparing these 3 vehicles, because of their power and fun, factor. It seems the TL gets the best gas mileage, while the G35 has an All wheel drive option (not with a stick ) and the Subaru has AWD with a stick. All have tons of power and are in the $30-$33k range. I'd love to hear from people who have these vehicles!
  • gongjoo04gongjoo04 Member Posts: 11
    I test drove just about everything in this class (330i,C230, Lexus i & E, etc), but the Subaru. I have owned European cars in the past. For me, it came down to the TL and the G35. The TL has a nicer interior overall and a kick [non-permissible content removed] stereo. I found that the G35 had more lateral space in the back, just for your info. In my humble opinion, the G35 is a superior performance car than the TL. It corners better and has a higher pick up rate. The big draw back of the TL, for me, was the FWD; it just couldn't match the cornering of the G35. Oh...did I mention the acceleration rate of the G35?!?! If you want the overall luxury and some performance, go with the TL. If you want some luxury, but alot of fun factor, the G35 is the way to go. I recommend the sports suspension pkg too. Make sure that when you test drive these cars, that you max perform them. Good luck and have fun!
  • hoxhox Member Posts: 24
    Thanks for the insight. The G35 is a great car. The problem I have reading up on the G35 is gas mileage. It seems to get aroud 15-18 mpg versus 25-28 mpg for the TL. I wonder where the Subaru would come in at gas mileage. I have heard the turbo can get close to 25 mpg on the highway and that's a 250 hp engine.
  • jrock65jrock65 Member Posts: 1,371
    The real world gas mileage difference between the G and the TL isn't nearly that much. The TL gets about 22 mpg on average, and the G gets about 20 mpg.
  • cheerioboy26cheerioboy26 Member Posts: 412
    I've averaged 19.5 in my 03 G35 over 35K miles, probably aroudn 70% city.
  • lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    The Subaru is worse than the G35 according to Consumer Reports by about 2 mpg.
  • ljwalters1ljwalters1 Member Posts: 294
    I haven't driven the Subaru, but I know that of those 3, the Acura TL has a much nicer interior. The G35 has a metal face covering the center controls (radio/a/c/etc) and it looks really tacky, fake and cheap. My in-laws have one and complain that the metal scratches pretty easily, too.

I'd think the TL would be the slowest off-the-line b/c of the low-end torque, but, frankly, it's plenty-fast for me. With the manual, the clutch engages really early, so that might help (not sure). Overall, they're all fast. Since I don't live near an Autobahn-type road, the TL was the clear winner b/c of the luxury features. TL also got the best crash-test ratings, and I think consumer reports ranks it higher than the others.

As an aside, if you are even just considering navigation, go with the Acura and get it. The system is amazing - totally integrated with a/c and radio, so you can do a lot w/o taking your eyes off the road or hands off the wheel. Plus, if you know the phone number of your destination, you can program a route without your hands leaving the wheel. You can also use it instead of calling "info" - type in the store you want and it's name, address and phone # come up so you can call them. It's fantastic. One of those things you don't realize how neat it is until you have it.
    This may sound like a weird question, and I am not asking for myself, but is there any car in this classification that does NOT require premium grade gasoline?
    I don't think any of these car "require" premium gas. They all have computer controlled timing, and will run just fine on 87. You'll simply lose some horsepower and economy.

In my opinion, it's just not worth sacrificing performance to save a mere $2.50 a tankfull.
    Pretty sure the answer is no..

Unfortunately...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

The 9-3 linear uses regular gas. It's not particularly potent either, but still more
    than an a4 1.8T.

dave