Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    "I think you missed my point. My point was that if you really think the fraction of a sec. in changing gears (with an exceptional driver) that a manual has over an automatic,"

No I didn't. The fraction of a second can make a difference when merging. I also do not believe shifting takes away from concentration. As I drove a manual for 12 years, shifting diverts as much attention away from driving as steering.

"Not the ideal car for New England. Lets pick Boston for example. Snow and congestion; and BMW needs 2 turbos to get 300hp?"

And a Vette is practical in Boston, or any other RWD that uses the LS-1? The LS-1 is a gas guzzler, it's about time BMW came around with lightweight turbos. Turbos make much more sense than huge engines. The car is lighter and uses less material since the engine is smaller. Lighter is always better.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249

me: Not the ideal car for New England. Lets pick Boston for example. Snow and congestion; and BMW needs 2 turbos to get 300hp?

Did you read up on how and why BMW designed the engine with two turbos? The car's got 300 ft-lbs of torque at 1400 rpm. That's a flat torque curve up through 5k rpm. They're using small, low boost turbos to give the car insane torque (something BMWs need desperately) without a lag penalty. As KD pointed out this helps packaging too. While Infiniti and Lexus are using large 3.5 L engines, BMW is going the other direction - smaller engine, gobs of power.

I amust admit I adored VW's 1.8T and find the VW 2.0T to be a fantastic engine - far beyond the VQ, BMW inline 6 and Lexus 3.5. My girl is trying to talk me into holding onto my 330i until 2008 and then getting a 335i, while VW's 2.0T/DSG equipped GTI is calling my name right now.
  • kernickkernick Member Posts: 4,072
    kd: No I didn't. The fraction of a second can make a difference when merging.

me: I agree. All I'm saying is that you don't have to have a manual to gain a fraction of a second in acceleration. The other option is to modify the engine or buy a model that is capable of that acceleration-rate even with an automatic.

kd: As I drove a manual for 12 years, shifting diverts as much attention away from driving as steering.

me: Yes I've just traded in a 5-spd. Jag. X-Type. A manual does divert your attention, requiring you to take a hand off the wheel to move the shifter. This has been recognized as an issue by most manaufacturers and many racing teams as "not being optimum". I just watched the Italian GP this morning, and saw quite a few buttons on the cars' steering wheels. I didn't see the drivers taking their (both) hands off the wheel much.

kd: And a Vette is practical in Boston, or any other RWD that uses the LS-1?

me: I'm not here promoting a Vette or RWD. I'm simply stating that there are engine-auto-trans. packages out there that would meet or exceed the stated need of a BMW 3-series acceleration with manual, while still having the convenience of an auto. By the way I've driven several GM products - 6 cyl. and an LS-1 (for 5 years) and I've been very impressed with the mpg. My LS-1 gets 25mpg combined, 28mpg freeway.
    "The other option is to modify the engine or buy a model that is capable of that acceleration-rate even with an automatic."

Wrong board, wrong conversation for a majority of the folks here. The folks (at least some of them) here thrive on a crisp shifting, crisp handling unmodified entry level lux sedan sedan. Not a one trick high horsepower gas guzzler like the Vette.

"A manual does divert your attention, requiring you to take a hand off the wheel to move the shifter"

We have to agree to disagree here. Shifting is part and parcel of driving. Taking your hand off the wheel to shift does not impair safety, as much as looking in your rear view mirror to take your eyes off the road in the front. And please don't compare driving to NASCAR or Formula 1 racing.

"I'm simply stating that there are engine-auto-trans. packages out there that would meet or exceed the stated need of a BMW 3-series acceleration with manual, while still having the convenience of an auto. By the way I've driven several GM products - 6 cyl. and an LS-1 (for 5 years) and I've been very impressed with the mpg. My LS-1 gets 25mpg combined, 28mpg freeway."

That's your stated need, not my stated need or any one elses stated need. As far as your LS-1 getting that mileage, you must run it in the summer downhill with the wind at your tail. People I know who have the car in this neck of the woods get 12-15 mpg in city type of driving. Maybe 18 on the highway.
    blue: Did you read up on how and why BMW designed the engine with two turbos? The car's got 300 ft-lbs of torque at 1400 rpm.

me: Years ago I had my eye on the Dodge Stealth. I believ in 1994 they were getting 320hp and good torque from a 3L twin-turbo. I'm not trying to bust on BMW, but is this some sort of tech. progress I should be impressed with? I believe the near Nissan GT-R with twin-turbo (of their VQ??) is going to be 450-500hp.

Go for the VW though; they sound like really decent vehicles especially for the money. My only concern would be to really investigate these models/engines with regard to quality. I just happen to hear a lot of quality issues on VW. The 1 person I know who has a VW almost had a lemon-law case; but that was a diesel.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    If someone, for whatever reason, wants to "give up" and get an automatic, that's their perogotive...

Exactly. :-)

I just wish normal, healthy adults wouldn't make it sound like a manual transmission is a physical challenge.

Be careful of your assumptions. It does happen to be a physical challenge for some (perhaps many), and it is for me in long periods of heavy stop and go traffic. Gender, height and weight are not relevant.

Hopefully, BMW won't read your quotes and reverse their decision.

I agree with you that they shouldn't reverse their decision. And if I've given the impression that I am in favor of the increasing planned obsolescence of manual trannys, then I have misrepresented my beliefs. I am very bothered by the fact that people are shying away from manuals to the point where people who really want them have a very difficult time getting them. I totally believe that anyone who wants a manual tranny in any vehicle should be able to obtain one. Myself included for my fantasy weekend car! :)
    "me: Years ago I had my eye on the Dodge Stealth. I believ in 1994 they were getting 320hp and good torque from a 3L twin-turbo. I'm not trying to bust on BMW, but is this some sort of tech. progress I should be impressed with? I believe the near Nissan GT-R with twin-turbo (of their VQ??) is going to be 450-500hp."

Those engines today, built as is years ago, could not be sold. They wouldn't meet federal air pollution requirements.

BMW or any other manufacturer, especially Subaru, could easily make a GT-R type turbo car. Subaru gets 300hp and 430 lbs torque out of their 2.5 liter STI engine. For BMW to do the same thing, it would cannabilize sales of the M5 or M3. In the meantime - let the other manufacturers come up with an entry level lux turbo sedan at the same price point.

The GT-R is rumored to be an $80K car, so it's not in this market segment. We might as well talk about Bugatti and say we're not impressed with anything from any manufacturer.
  • designmandesignman Member Posts: 2,129
    The tester had automatic and 18 inch wheels. They didn’t have one with stick available. And don't forget, the coupe now comes with standard sport suspension.

Handles great and very sensitive to road input but I was not impressed with the engine performance. It hesitated off the line and I don’t care what anyone says, you can feel the turbo lag. I prefer the more linear characteristics of the naturally aspirated BMW engines. It also didn't seem as powerful as I expected and the car feels heavy. Also the brakes are very sensitive.

I drove it for only about 15 minutes and would like to put it through the paces for an extended amount of time before I form a final opinion. I really need to observe that engine more and drive the 328. Also, I’m pretty sure 17 inch wheels would suit me better.

The backseat legroom situation seems similar to the sedan, it works. However, as expected, headroom in the back severely compromised. No matter, the 3-coupe is a sexy vehicle IMO and I could probably find a way to configure it to my liking, even if I had to make compromises.
  • ilijabmwilijabmw Member Posts: 15
    the backseats look extremely uncomfortable to me...

I don't really like sitting low and the seats look like as if they are extremly low.
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    "My girl is trying to talk me into holding onto my 330i until 2008 and then getting a 335i, while VW's 2.0T/DSG equipped GTI is calling my name right now."

Boy you must REALLY be disappointed in the 330i to be considering a FWD, 4 cylinder VW.

I was impressed by how well you articulated the differences in your previous generation 3 series to the new one you now own, but based upon your obvious "enthusiast" tendencies, I would never have expected to see you leaning to a FWD anything. Unfortunately there aren't too many RWD alternatives in that price range, but I've seen a few older low mileage M3's that I would have thought might catch your fancy.

So the 330i is that bad, huh?
  • deweydewey Member Posts: 5,251
    Good post.

Does sound somewhat disappointing.

Which reminds me of the 335i test drive appointment I have not made yet. I am in no rush since I am still waiting for the sedan.

Checked with my dealer and he says a 335i sedan will unlikely be introduced soon. :(
    The stealth/mistu 3000gt's TT V6 and even Nissan 3.0 TTs could not make federal standards and neither made much power low. Also those were 18/24 mpg cars with 6 speed manuals. Never met a person who saw north of 20 mpgs from those engines.

As for VW quality, yeah it sucks, but so does BMW quality. i have no choice as no Japanese companies make a fun, efficient, powerful car. Mazda's Mazdapseed3 may but it's now end of october/start of november.
    It's not a bad car. It's just not a car that appeals to me. Ditto the M3. Don't like the 2 door coupes at all, the stigma, the poor efficiency or the idea of owning a BMW outside warranty (bad luck with BMWs thus far).

If a small (sub 170 inch) 30 mpg highway RWD sedan/hatch were out, i'd go for it. No such beast exists right now. :(
    Checked with my dealer and he says a 335i sedan will unlikely be introduced soon.

You can pre-order 335i sedans right now. The pricing is available too. What's your dealer trying to pull?
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    my local guy says that the sedan will be available in november. I have really wanted an S4 for so long but this seems like a less expensive alternative. Can't wait to drive it 2 weeks from now at the BMW event in Houston.
    Thanks for the news.

FANTASTIC NEWS! This is the best automotive news I heard in my lifetime.

Weeks ago I asked my dealer to call me when he gets news about a 335i sedan. And he assured me that I will be the first to know.
    He must have forgotten me :mad: Why am I always the last to know---I've never read anything official yet about a 335i sedan?

I will definitely be going for a 335i coupe test drive this week and hopefully it does go well. A 335i Sedan would be a wonderful addition to my family (a 06 BMW 530xi Touring and a 83 MB300D). Unfortunately my bargaining leverage will be limited if I pre-order it. Oh well I guess I waited long enough .
    kd: Those engines today, built as is years ago, could not be sold. They wouldn't meet federal air pollution requirements.

me: you may be right; but the tech-trend has been that engines have gotten more powerful and cleaner. I don't know if the Evolution's engine is related, but they get 286hp from a 2L turbo. So again I'm not impressed by a 3L TT making 300hp. And I agree that other manufacturers can do that too.

kd: For BMW to do the same thing, it would cannabilize sales of the M5 or M3.

me: Then either BMW has 1 too many performance models?

kd: let the other manufacturers come up with an entry level lux turbo sedan at the same price point.

me: I believe Saab and Volvo have and currently do have many of these models. I had a Dodge Spirit RT years ago with a 2.2L turbo. Yes it seemed fun and sounded neat, producing 225hp (good for the early 90"s), but it is not a replacement for displacement. The market here in the U.S. at least when gas is moderate is for larger displacement, automatics. That is what people prefer and the manufacturers thus build. That trend will continue as shiftable automatics become more plentiful, and traffic congestion increases annually.

I did read where the hottest setup though is a small displacement engine with a super&turbo on it. Now that might catch on at least in smaller vehicles.
    Dewster, go for the M5 wagon!!

;-)
    "As for VW quality, yeah it sucks, but so does BMW quality."

"It's not a bad car. It's just not a car that appeals to me. Ditto the M3. Don't like the 2 door coupes at all, the stigma, the poor efficiency or the idea of owning a BMW outside warranty (bad luck with BMWs thus far)."

Sounds to me like you are having a severe case of delayed buyer's remorse, and perhaps just some crappy luck with your particular BMW's. But I would hardly classify BMW quality as "it sucks". And even with your bad luck, I don't think you should jump out of the frying pan and into the fire with VW. Not a couple, not a few, but every single person we know (granted, only 5-6) that has purchased a VW in the past 3-4 years has wished they hadn't. Three Touareg's and 2-3 Passats. But what the heck do I know, I've never owned a BMW or a VW. I bought a Porsche holding my breath and thank goodness it's been near perfect.

"If a small (sub 170 inch) 30 mpg highway RWD sedan/hatch were out, i'd go for it. No such beast exists right now."

You sound like you are pining for my old 1978 Datsun B210GX. Under 2,100 lbs, RWD, 40+ mpg highway, hatchback + 4 seat flexibility. Oh, and 0-60 in under 5.0 ....MINUTES. :surprise:
  • blue330xiblue330xi Member Posts: 56
    Overall BMW does pretty well as far as reliability is concerned. No they arent lexus or acura but they are better then Mercedes, Cadillac, lincoln, Audi, and as good as infinity. Also maintance is rolled into the price premium.

As far as the turbos go, yes this is new technology (just not on trucks). Go to NASIOC and see how many STI owners would like a variable vane turbo rather then there VF39's. It eliminates turbo lag. BMW was not trying to beat all comers on horsepower. They already did that with the last 3.2liter M3 (as far as 6cyl are concerned). They wanted better fule economy and a huge flat torque curve. O and a WRX STI does not have 430lb-ft in stock form. Not even close. My other ride is a 02WRX with stage 3 mods (vf30 turbo and larger IC). It has been fun and reliable but I have no gurentee it will be tomorrow, the BMW with less HP is what I choose to drive most of the time. Its just more comfortable and I dont have to shift (yes I am lazy), it also handels as well. Next car will be the next M3. Since I moved out of the great north east I dont need AWD anymore.

EDIT: the only other manufacturer I know of to use variable vane turbos are acura and porsche.
    Dewster, go for the M5 wagon!!

LOL,

my wife already complains that our 530xi is too fast for her (mind you she is still used to driving her older 83 MB300D)
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    I'm pretty sure the reason that racing teams are moving to paddle type transmissions is because they offer faster gear changes. Teams are far less concerned with safety than they are with faster lap times. Ferrari's Michael Schumacher is on record as wanting to return to a 3 pedal set up due to the extra control and involvement with car.
    If safety was the number 1 goal, they wouldn't be going fast to begin with.
  • allargonallargon Member Posts: 75
    The CTS and the G35 are recommended by Consumer Reports. Cadillac is in the top 3 of JD Powers most dependable brand. BMW may trump Mercedes and Audi. The 330 is definitely a better drivers car than the CTS. However, I wouldn't dream of calling it more reliable. You could argue that the 330 is more prone to issues since it has more "features" than the CTS! :blush:
    "I don't know if the Evolution's engine is related, but they get 286hp from a 2L turbo"

For the most part BMWs design their torque curve to kick in at low rpms. The engines are designed not be high strung. The cars are a compromise between performance and usability. The STI or EVO are not compromises, they are no luxury rally vehicles. Except for the M cars, the engines are designed for most torque at low rpms, not max torque at high rpms . So whether you are impressed or not is irrelevant, they are not designed as high-strung engines.

"me: Then either BMW has 1 too many performance models? "

That's the job of the marketing! In the same vein the Camry doesn't have more luxury items than the ES350.

"me: I believe Saab and Volvo have and currently do have many of these models."

Where is the Volvo (a pig on the road) in this classification (entry level lux sports sedans), or the FWD Saab? Might as well throw the Legacy in as well and every single car that has a turbo. Let's call 'em all entry level luxury sports sedans.
    "WRX STI does not have 430lb-ft in stock form."

Correct, but the point was, they can pull it out of the engine with no trouble whatsoever.
    Is there anybody here who knows whether the BMW335i sedan will have the hydraulic steering that currently exists in the 3 series sedans or will it have the electrically assisted steering that exists in the 3 series coupe?

More importantly does anybody have a weblink that can give me more riveting details about the BMW 335i Sedan?

Thanks
    Dewey
    Are you talking about active steering? I was not aware that the regular steering is different. However, I did notice a different feel to the regular steering in the 335i. For one thing, it seemed to have a more direct, tighter steering ratio than any other BMW I have ever driven. It steers like a sports car, not a sedan, and I found it very sensitive to road feedback. Observe this closely when you test drive it. I look forward to what you have to say about it.
    I test drove a manual coupe 335i with 18 inch wheels today.

And the best way I can describe it is by spelling it out N-I-R-V-A-N-A!

In my case the twin turbo I drove was no throttle-killer. It delivered great acceleration in every gear I tested. Shifting gears with a stick was the smoothest of smooth experiences.

You are correct the steering was definitely superior to a 330i sedan that I had also tested today.The car handled the few sharp bends and curves I took quite flawlessly.

Rear space was more than I had expected. The interior's fit and finish quality seemed superior to the sedan.

Everything about this car seemed superior to the sedan, especially the styling. I love the styling so much that I just may get a coupe instead of the sedan. The coupe looks a bit like the 1980's 6 series and definitely looks more expensive than the sedan. Unfortunately a sedan is more suitable to my family needs.

So right now my decision to purchase the 335 is dependent on one unresolved matter: chooing between the coupe or the sedan?
    How was the clutch, any stiffer? I hope so.
    The clutch is somewhat stiffer than the one I have in my BMW530xi Wagon (the 330i I tested today was an automatic).

But certainly not stiff enough to build up some extra leg muscle. ;)

The coupe looks far nicer than all the photos I've seen so far. It's a non-photogenic beauty.
  • texasmerqtexasmerq Member Posts: 86
    The Lancer Evo uses a very large turbo and to get the impressive acceleration numbers you have to keep the revs pretty high (3K-5K.) It is a very fun car to drive, especially on back roads with no traffic or police. That said in real world day to day for the average driver the 335i is probably faster as the torque comes in very early (1400-1800 RPM) and stays around past the normal shifting range in day to day driving (5K RPM.)I drove the 335i coupe this weekend but they only had automatics. They did shift extremely smoothly and quickly though. It was much better than I expected out of an automatic. I do prefer the rear view of the coupe, but I think I will wait on the 335i sedan personally because I prefer the overall styling of it more. To reiterate the steering did feel tighter which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I emailed an associate of mine who works for BMW in Germany and she said 335i sedans should become availible stateside beginning in Otober and should be saturated in most markets by late November. It has been availible there since mid-June I believe. If your dealer said it wasn't coming then they obviously just wanted to move units on the lot. I won't say not to work with them but let them clearly know what you want and if they won't supply the service take your business elsewhere.
    The coupe is more agressive then I though it would be, I wonder how much further they will go with the next M3.
    kd: The STI or EVO are not compromises, they are no luxury rally vehicles.

me: They may not be luxury cars, but they have the typical power features of most cars. Plus they have the important performance feature of AWD.

kd: Except for the M cars, the engines are designed for most torque at low rpms, not max torque at high rpms

me: You should talk facts, not what you're perception is. from: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=109126/pageId=684- - - - 28 "Trust us, you'll like it. The 2.0-liter engine is smooth all the way up and, basically, there's never less than 250 lb-ft of torque from 2,500 to 6,000 rpm." And this is from an engine 2/3 the displacement of the BMW.

Again I ask you where is the power. If they followed the same formula as the EVO we should be seeing 400+ hp and ft-lb. If I'm paying $45K-$50K for a car why would someone only want 300hp?
    The EVO X due next year will be 300+ hp from a 2L, with a 6-spd. paddle-shifting automatic, with AWD, the latest safety and power features, and is expected to lose weight. Now that is progress.
  • texasmerqtexasmerq Member Posts: 86
    I don't think anyone is denying that the EVO and WRX STi offer impressive performance, especially considering the price, but we are talking 2 completely different philosophies. They are all performance cars but the difference is that the BMW is geared more toward performance and luxury. The EVO and WRX Sti are street legal counterparts to their WRC heritage. One could also get about the same performance numbers out of a Ford Mustang GT for under $30K but again it's not really in this class either. You need different tools for different jobs.

Regarding power v. displacement. While it's true that the EVO has a 2.0l and the WRX STi has a 2.5l engine they use much larger turbos and a higher boost as well. That's why there is more perceivable turbo lag in those applications. That's not to say they are bad but the 335i engine still feels like it's naturally aspirated for all intents and purposes. That's why it's getting so much press and rave reviews much like the VW/ Audi 2.0 FSI did.
    Can you please get off this kick about the turbo?

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/0609_2007_bmw_335i_dyno_revised/

The 335i is running over 330 hp/330 tq. Okay? When you're seeing 285 whp and 285 wtq the engine is underrated by a long shot.

And the 2500-6k rpm of the 2.0 means you've got a long, long lag time before the car gets moving. The BMW 3.0TT makes full torque at 1400 rpm. Big difference.

Additionally, the 2007 335i e90 (sedan) starts at 38k, so where's this 45k nonsense coming from? That's a 6 speed with xenon, power everything, roof, etc. Demand leather? That'll be 1400. You're still under 40k msrp. Even with sport package you're at 41.5k.

The current Evo is not in this class - stop discussing it here. You're comparing apples to oranges. An economy car with AWD and a turbo engine doesn't generally appeal to the same crowd.
  • jjdowjjdow Member Posts: 20
    Well I know everyone is excited about the 335's, but my first BIMMER is now 3 months old and thought I would post since everyone else was helpful to me.

I traded a 2000 CLK430.

After 3 months and 3800 miles, no problem or dealer visits

The torque seems to be improving as I did the "Slow" breakin

Driving in manual is all the torque I can use in a big city.

The car is almost "too tight" w/ the sport package and RFT.... no real problem with the tires, but may try non-RFT next time.

the Digital stereo jams!

The cruise control is cool... one small click to +/- one mph, one click to +/- 5 mph.

28 mpg TOPS on Hwy.. you may get 30 on 55 on a flat road. 17 in the city without pushing it much. I think the fule computer is flawed as it jumps .3 to .4 at a time. My CLK was better.

Overall, very happy for $41K.... jim
    "me: They may not be luxury cars, but they have the typical power features of most cars. Plus they have the important performance feature of AWD."

As said previously they are no nonsense, no luxury rally cars, not in this segment at all, where BMWs, Infinitis, and Lexus have a balance of performance, handling and most important some luxury features. To say they have most modern conveniences, is not the same as saying they are luxury vehicles. In addition, last I noted, a number of cars in this segment have AWD as well, and those that don't have a plan on the drawing board for AWD. AWD is not needed, in a lot of country.

"me: You should talk facts, not what you're perception is. from:"

That doesn't negate the facts, the Sti and Evo are high strung engines requiring high rpms to extract maximum performance. None of these luxury cars are geared or designed to be high strung, yet are capable of being revved. As blueguy noted, the 335 starts up at 1400 rpm.

"Again I ask you where is the power."

Think blueguy adequately answered the question.

The BMW engine and the EVO engine are designed for two different audiences/applications. Taking the EVO down the Autobahn would be a vastly different, although not superior experience, to taking the 335 down the autobahn. Yet, I wouldn't rally my BMW, although some may track it. Different strokes for different folks.
    I for one view AWD as a detriment to performance, efficiency, and handling. I'll take RWD any day over AWD. Leave the extra weight, the lower gas mileage and the freaky under-neutral-oversteer in corners out of my cars, please.

Why do Porsche purists prefer the GT2 and GT3 over the standard 911 Turbo? Hear much clamoring for AWD out of the Ferrari or Elise crowds? Is there a big push for an AWD viper or M3? Never heard someone say, "The ZO6 is fun but with AWD it'd be the bees knees."

AWD's great if your in wet/snowy/sloppy conditions but for some of us those conditions just don't occur.
    the problem is that its not your fathers mercedes anymore. In his era (no offense anyone) mercedes was relativly better built. In the mid to late 90's all the gadgets started impacting reliability along with there drive to gain a mass market luxery audiance in response to lexus.
    agree AWD is not as fun, now that im out of the snow I will go RWD. It does help traction when flooring it in certain cars.
    "I for one view AWD as a detriment to performance, efficiency, and handling. I'll take RWD any day over AWD. Leave the extra weight, the lower gas mileage and the freaky under-neutral-oversteer in corners out of my cars, please. "

You forgot AWD's additional initial expense and added long term maintenance/repairs. We are on the same page on this one.
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    "We are on the same page on this one."

Me three.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    So no Audis for you guys eh?

M
  • louisweilouiswei Member Posts: 3,715
    As much as I hate to say it, I agree with blueguy on this one... :surprise:
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    I absolutely love the A3 2.0T, errr, with one glaring exception. And what pray tell is that? It ain't RWD.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29770

US spec - picked it up in Germany. There ya go, it exists and they're being delivered...
  • circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    We still need a professinal opinion 330xi vs 330i Non-SP. I still say xi out-handles the stock i.

OW
    Actually, a member here reports buying his a week ago: dax3, "BMW 335i 2007" #30, 11 Sep 2006 2:53 pm.

Those are great pics in the post you linked.
    That's a 335i e92 that guy bought, Pat. The 335i e90 (darn BMW for changing their model designators) is the first one any of us at Bimmer/e90 have seen prove of.

The 335i e90 sedan has not reached US shores yet. This guy picked his up via European Delivery.
    Oh, gotcha! :blush: