Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G35 Maintenance and Repair

1525354555658»

Comments

• ellarykellaryk Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2012
    I now noticed that the anti-pinch is not working. This is recent, since my last post.
    Is it still worth trying to reset the limit switch?
  • srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    I would try it.

I believe the reset does more than just reset the limit points. It actually resets the tiny microcontroller that controls the drive motor for the window. So you have to go through a learning sequence of some sort for it to re-learn where the up and down stop points are, for instance.
    I did. But when I pressed the button I found the motor assembly to be loose. I reset it anyway and afterward the window wouldn't go all the way up. So I figured it had to have something to do with the loose motor. I pulled apart the panel, leaving the motor attached just to peer behind it. I didn't see anything obvious. Put it back together and the motor is still loose. Then I got interrupted.
    Next step is to pull it completely apart to find out why the motor would be loose.
  • arramarram Member Posts: 2
    i had a similar issue ..took the car to dealer and i was told to get new TCM to start with (1800$)..please help do you think it just a AT fuse issue? Dealer wants to make money from me ?
  • arramarram Member Posts: 2
    I have a G-35 that will not start after sitting for a week. Well it will start once the service engine soon light and the car preforms poorly. Once it is shut off it will not start again. I had it towed to the dealer and i was told that they want to replace TCM to start with which cost about 1800$ and not sure if that fixes the issue either.Please help me dont want to spend so much money without knowing the real issue ..

I would Appriciate the help
    It turns out the motor was broken. I installed a new motor (it has a lifetime warranty so it cost nothing for the motor) and all is well.
    Have you checked the condition of your battery? A bad battery will lose a charge quickly. If the battery is OK look for a drain on the battery.
  • emtxemtx Member Posts: 1
    I am having this same problem with my 2003 g35 coupe now. How did you get this problem resolved?
  • stef1974stef1974 Member Posts: 8
    i had this stalling problem when RPM was low... and a few times at around 50 mph... dealer changed cam position sensor and I have no stalling problems since. This was the code returned, so easy enough to diagnose. Not too expensive to fix
  • darrinzramzdarrinzramz Member Posts: 24
    My 2004 G35 sedan did the same thing,dealer had to replace the TPS sensor,though I would think that IF you have your own mechanic you can order this part on line and have your mechanic install it!!,instead of the dealer which charges:$110.00/hr!!, it's your choice :)
  • saujla10saujla10 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I recently got my infiniti 2003 g35 checked by the mechanic and was told my radiator had broke, and so I went ahead and replaced it myself. However, now when I try driving my car I see that the same issue is re-accuring before I replaced the radiator. My COLD-HOT gage keeps going up and I'm afraid my car may over-heat. When I try turning my heater on, it stays cool and never warms up to the temperature desired, for instance 76 degrees. Any suggestions/help on this one?????
  • g35flyingg35flying Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I just recently purchased a g35 sedan with 131,000 miles. I was wondering since the mileage is so high I'm going to take it to a mechanic for a tune up. My question is what should a tune-up include and any suggestions on how much I should be charged. Thank you guys!
    Sounds like the water pump. If the thermostat was stuck in the closed position it would overheat. In the open position it would never get to operating temperature as the coolant would keep circulating. If the thermostat is working properly but the water pump isn't, when the thermostat opens the coolant doesn't move from the engine to the radiator. The heater cools the coolant in the heater core then runs cold. Check it out.
    Today's vehicles don't need tuneups. You just replace spark plugs and the air filter. The plugs should have been replaced at 100,000 miles. You can pull one and check it yourself. You can also check the air filter yourself. Or have your mechanic check it.
  • 1bad04g352c1bad04g352c Member Posts: 4
    hey, i am having the same problem if anyone can help here is my deal: my car is an 04 coupe 95k, i have oil coming from bottom of car. so i changed the oil and filter and wiped everything down and it seems to be leaking again.

now i removed cover and can see oil around the filter and oil pan gasket but everything is tight and not leaking at pan or filter do i need to replace this hex nut o ring above oil filter too ?

some have told me to replace the oil pressure swith that screw into the block located above the oil filter

is this an o ring problem or what ?

please help dealer told me it would be $1200 to fix this leak
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    is there any chance you "double-gasketed" the filter---a common error, when the gasket from the old filter sticks to the engine block.

Also, any chance you're tightening the filter too much?

Just checking the basics first.... :)

the oil pressure regulator valve attached to the oil pump so that would require removal of the oil pan.
    the filter and all is ok, no double gasket old on came right off. i cleaned the area well and replaced filter hand tite
    what do you think is my problem ?
    so you are 100% certain the leak is around the oil filter itself?

If so, the next thing I'd do is get an oil filter from Nissan. They have built-in pressure relief valves.
    no its not leaking from the oil filter its comong from some where else that is my problem ?
    Ah okay. Well the identity of the leak will determine the next step so I'd say we'd have to get the car on a lift and positively identify the source. Then I could come up with a cost estimate or maybe a way for you to tackle it.

a good repair shop can also put a dye into the oil and use a black light to find the source of the leak.
  • bobbobwhitebobbobwhite Member Posts: 2
    Isolate where the oil is coming from. Start with the easiest, the dipstick hole. As Infiniti makes the thinnest, flimsiest dipsticks possible and puts the hole in a tight and very inconvenient place, it is hard to get the sticks seated right if you don't "wiggle" them all the way in tight. Look for old oil around the hole and below it. Try that first, then check for a loose filter, or maybe an old filter washer that was mistakenly left on from the previous filter change. If leakage is on the opposite side from the dipstick, it will most likely be a filter issue or a bad oil cooler O-ring right above the filter. Most oil leaks found on these cars are simple dipstick leaks.

Other possibilities...........loose bolts on oil pan, failed oil pan gasket, failed head gasket, but this last one is very costly to fix, so cross your fingers that it is only the dipstick!
  • tblandtbland Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 G35 and, in addition to the seat airbag harness recall, have had to replace both front seat air bags again. Now I have a door air bag fault. Do others see a number of issues relating to air bag circuitry?
  • gilbert8gilbert8 Member Posts: 1
    Its the thermostat easy fix