Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    I think you can offer about $3300-$3500 off the MSRP and expect them to accept it.
  • ncognito13ncognito13 Member Posts: 66
    tyvm....when I purchased my 2006 G35x I was able to buy it for $5500 less the MSRP...I think I will wait until Aug/Sept..to try to pay the price that I want to pay..Thanks for your reply.....
  • lenqlenq Member Posts: 1
    Forum was great help. Purchased on 4/29/10 at Hoehn Infiniti in Carlsbad, CA.
    2010 G37 Sedan Journey/Lakeshore slate/ stone interior/Prem/Navigation /Interior accent pkg/trunk mat/trunk net/ill kick plates/splash guards and wheel locks.
    MSRP $40,580. cash purchase at $35,655 plus $55 doc and tax and license.
    $39,337 out the door.
  • mseenviromseenviro Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2010
    It's very possible to offer $5000 to $5500 off MSRP and get them to accept it. My 2010 G37 Sedan with Journey and Premium package had an MSRP of $37,600 and I paid $32188 plus tax and doc fee for mine.

It's a buyer's market.
  • nyst8omind516nyst8omind516 Member Posts: 2
    I started my hunt for my G sedan yesterday. I haven't started trying to make deals yet. The MSRP I saw on a G37 Sedan sport, premium package w/ no Nav was $39235. I just wanted to know if an out the door price of $37,000 was realistic. also if any one has experiences with any of the 4 Infiniti dealerships in the Houston area, please let me know and any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks
  • dwilliams65dwilliams65 Member Posts: 1
    Bought a 2010 Infiniti G37 Journey with Navigation and Premium package last month in Georgia through Realcartips.com buying service.

MSRP: $39,680
    Paid: $34,738

$4,942 off MSRP
  • usmc_av8rusmc_av8r Member Posts: 16
    nyst8omind516 ... I bought a QX-56 last fall from Sewell Infiniti in N. Houston. Best car buying experience I've ever had. I was given a good deal & I didn't feel too cheated on my trade. The sales rep was very knowledgeable & professional. I’ve taken my QX back there for scheduled maintenance and was treated very well. I plan on going back to them in the near future if I decide on buying the G (or M if the wife will let me!).

FWIW, I recommend them… but I will also recommend soliciting offers from the other Houston Infiniti dealers to see who will give you the best deal.

Good luck!
  • nyst8omind516nyst8omind516 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply USMC_AV8R. I'm actually going up to Sewell's tomorrow night. I've gone to Westside so far and wasn't particularly impressed with their customer service. By the the way Semper Fi TuefelHuenden, always good to meet a fellow Jarhead.
  • vaio23vaio23 Member Posts: 5
    I just bough a G37S sedan from Sewell in Houston. Got a MSRP of $42.3K for $35.8K or $38.5K OTD, but that was paying cash and using the VPP pricing at the end of march. Overall I was very happy with my experience and would highly recommend them.
  • rrkmlrrkml Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    Forum was great help, I used the prices paid here and got a decent deal. Have been searching for a month now. Purchased on 5/7/10 at Grubbs Infiniti in Dallas, TX.

2010 G37 Sedan Journey/Liquid Platinum/stone interior/Premium package/trunk mat/trunk net/window tint and wheel locks.

MSRP ~$38000. Bought at $33,000 plus TTL. ~$35,500 out the door.
  • 5gluder5gluder Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

I have been having a hard time finding an accurate price on a G37x coupe i'm looking to purchase. Hopefully one of you can help me out. I'm looking to purchase a 2010 G37x coupe with prem, tech and kick panel packages. The dealer is offering me $40500 plus tax and fees. The MSRP is $45000, does this seem like a good price? or would it be benifical to wait?

Thanks.
  • domain311domain311 Member Posts: 26
    Anyone know the MF and residual for a 2010 sedan 6MT for this month? Also 39 month 10k miles...

Thanks
  • britishmuttbritishmutt Member Posts: 10
    Alrighty, after many months of waiting I took delivery of my new G37x, loaded up with almost everything! (sports, premium, tech, navi, maple, etc.) MSRP was $44530, I got it (through a broker, cartelligent.com) for $40724 excl. TTL which is about $120 over invoice. The dealer the broker used was Infiniti of Fairfield, CA. I might've gotten it cheaper had I haggled directly with the dealer, but I feel this is a fair price to pay for not having to do that (and the fact it was a custom order).
  • vander192vander192 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a Black/Black 2010 G37 Journey with no options from Circle Infiniti in Long Branch, NJ for $31,040 excluding tax/tags ($4,275 off MSRP). OTD right around $33,000. These things are going fast- they just stopped allowing custom orders of non-premium RWD and AWD sedans, so act quick if you want one, at least up in the Northeast.
  • lcuilcui Member Posts: 5
    Hi, everyone:

My leased car - 2007 G35x fully-loaded, 39 mo/10K miles. The lease ends by the end of this year and I expect to have less than 30K miles on it. The residual value is $23K. I'm seriously considering buy back when the lease is over knowing the car is very clean. I think even at $23K it's a pretty decent price but would like to know if I can negotiate it a bit lower. Just want to hear you guys' opinions/experiences.

Cheers,

lcui
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    That doesn't strike me as a great price since carmax is currently selling similar cars for between 23-27 grand.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    There are no negotiations on residuals. The price on your lease agreement is the price that IFS will charge you.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    edited May 2010
    I agree it's not a great price but if you know that your car is a nice car with no issues, that's a big plus. When you buy a USED car, you don't know what you're going to get. If my buyout is 23K and I can find a car out there w/ similar condition for 21K, I rather do the buyout.
  • aiduaneaiduane Member Posts: 15
    Looking for some help...I have a current lease on a Infiniti that is up in a couple of months. I am considering a couple of car models, one being another G37x sport with premium.

My current G is leased through NIFS and I was told there is a $1000 loyalty discount if I lease another car through NIFS. I was also told by a local dealer that there is $1000 dealer cash available this month.

First question: Is it possible to get BOTH the dealer cash and the loyalty discount?

The car I want is showing a MSRP of $40,165, dealer invoice of $36,985 and true car "lowest certified price" for my area of $35,579.

Second Question: If I can get the car for $35,579, can I deduct the $1,000 NIFS loyalty and dealer $1,000 from that price bringing it down to $33,579?

Last question: What are the current "fees" for this model in the Northeast (Doc fees, Aquisition fees, etc.)?
    Answers

1. No you can't get both. You will get the Loyalty Rebate (if you lease) and if you buy the dealer gets the $1000 dealer cash which they can pass along to you. Either way it is $1000 in your case.

2. No, the true car price is the contract price, so it is already figuring in the $1000. I doubt you even get $35,579. Invoice - $1000 = $35,985 (in your example) - so I doubt anyone sells it to you much less than that.

3. Not sure on fees in NE. Generally you have your state taxes, then doc fees run about $100-$200 (higher than that and your paying too much), Aquistion fee on lease should be $595.

Enjoy the car! :)
  • carsrock1carsrock1 Member Posts: 4
    does anyone know what the Friends and Family discount is?

Also, what is the expected date for release for the 2011 G37X?
  • g37chicagog37chicago Member Posts: 2
    Guys,

Just got a black obsidian/graphite 2010 G37x+Nav+Premium+Sport with a few extras (black front grille, illuminated kickplates, Cargo Net/Carpet/First Aid Kit, Aero Package). The car was a custom order and the guy apparently canceled.

We negotiated hard with the dealer and he gave us the following deal:
    MSRP: 43,960
    Price: 42,000 (While we live in Chicago, he managed to not make us pay taxes. Technically, the 42,000 is inclusive of taxes (making it roughly 38800+tax)
    Monthly Payments: 609
    Term of the Lease: 39 months, 12K miles
    Dealer pays for $800 remaining payments on my lease

Not sure about the money factor, but I believe it was .0025

Well, just wanted to have a feedback on this. I already signed the deal because I fell in love with the car (and should have not). Nevertheless, it is a sweet ride, and I absolutely love it.

Thanks for the feedback.
    It is called VPP - there are basically 2 plans.

A&B plan are for those who work for Nissan/Infiniti = several hundred back of invoice
    C&D plans are for those who work at companies that have ties with Nissan/Inf = about $350 over invoice

With all plans you get any special rates or dealer cash on top of the pre-negociated price. :)

2011 G's will probably hit around September.
  • drexel1drexel1 Member Posts: 1
    I have been a long time reader of this forum and this forum has been very informative. I am in the market for a new 2010 G37X. I am getting quotes around 38K for the following options:

- Premium
    - Navigation
    - Wood Trim
    - Illuminated kick plates
    - Trunk Mats

The quotes seem to be higher than some of the prices I have seen on this forum. Do you think I can go lower? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
  • jimmyvwinejimmyvwine Member Posts: 2
    drexel: I have found that one of the most effective negotiating tools is to simply print out the last several pages of this forum, (or cut and paste a dozen or so recent posts that show the prices people have paid) and bring it in to the dealer. The dealers are aware of this site and read it. And if they know that you read it too, they will stop jerking you around. You know and they know that if they cannot get into the ballpark of what others have paid, that you will go to another dealer who will.
  • hokie28hokie28 Member Posts: 16
    Worth buying? I'm guessing the price is not negotiable since they only made so many.
  • bbqqbbqq Member Posts: 4
    Hello all,

With the help from many posts on this great forum, I am close to secure a deal.

2010 G37x with Navi, Premium, and other options with MSRP $41,410. Was able to get $35,700 plus tax and title. Is it a good deal or I could do better?

Please comment, I will sign the paperwork next Monday.

Thank you all.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Would be nice if you named the dealer and the complete detail of the deal after you sign. That is a very good price if no trade was involved. From what I've seen of the deals anything over $5k off MSRP on a 2010 is a very good deal.
  • tweetletweetle Member Posts: 3
    I live in the Dallas area and have received two quotes from local dealers in the $41-42 k range (with a list price of $44,965).

I qualify for 2.9% APR for 60 months.

I am getting these options:

-Premium
    -Sport
    -Navigation
    -Interior accent
    -Splash Guards

Does this sound like a good deal?
  • ncognito13ncognito13 Member Posts: 66
    Not an expert on this..but...3k back of MSRP sounds too pricey...I am thinking you should be shooting for at least 5k off MSRP...or more....unless in your area there is a big run on Infiniti Coupes.....shoot lower..and if you don't get a price your happy with...walk....In order to truly negotiate you have to be able to get up and walk out if you are not happy with the deal...Be curious as to how you make out as I am going to buy a Coupe X w/ premium package in Aug or Sept.
    I just realized the list price I posted previously was off (it came from the email quote). I think it's incorrect, the following should be more accurate, it's what edmunds gave me:

MSRP = 45,715
    Invoice = 41,860
    True Market Value = 42,842

My best quote so far is

which is $ 4,325 under MSRP, and slightly better than TMV.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    TMV is almost always a fair amount higher than what the cars are usually going for on the street. Most people are getting around $5k off the sedan. You should be able to do at least that well on the coupe if not $500 more off.
    Just be sure to get it from Sewell for the best service, lowest fees, best trade-in, etc. There is a reason they sell more Infinitis than anyone in the Nation! :)
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    I think you are pushing the line on your post. How about pulling back on the self promotion which you seem to be doing more and more?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Just reminding everyone that the price is just one factor of many on a car "deal". Many dealers get customers to focus on price alone and they make up the difference on the trade, the financing package, after-market products, doc fees, etc. :)
  • littlejoe613littlejoe613 Member Posts: 53
    "TMV is almost always a fair amount higher than what the cars are usually going for on the street"

I have also noticed that sometimes the TMV price seems higher than what posters claim they paid. We have to remember edmund prices say thay are the average price, obviously meaning some have paid lower and some are higher. Definitely doesnt mean most are paying what we an informed buyer pays. Thats why this forum is so valuable .... I prefer to be in the lowest paying half of buyers. LOL
  • johnnybcarjohnnybcar Member Posts: 6
    You might also want to check out http://www.truecar.com. I checked them out and saw an average price of about $500 above invoice. Better yet, they have dealers there bidding on your business -- they list out their best offers. The best one I found was for $1300 Below invoice. Of course, things might be different in your zipcode. Just enter your zip and see what the best offer is. Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the ongoing advice everybody.

An update: I was at the dealer today, and apparently the particular car combination I am looking for is rare; he said there's only one in the central U.S. region that matches the exterior/ interior color I want, along with the packages/ options I want.

I feel this will hurt my chances of getting the best price possible, is that true? If I want a better deal, should I consider a slightly different car combo?
  • yohiyohi Member Posts: 3
    I am in the same category as Tweetie. I have been searching for a black or graphite 2010 convertible with Tech, Premium and Navigation. I have found several dealerships that either have one at their lot or have one being delivered in the near future. I am willing to have it shipped to me, as long as I can get a reasonable price for that, but I just want to be sure that I am getting it for a good price. I have one that I am looking at that is being offered at a little under $3000 under MSRP. I am sorry, but I don't have a copy of the invoice price, as I am out of town at this time. I think it was around $47k and it includes illuminated kick plates, wind deflector, performance tire and wheel, wood package and first aid kit. What do you think?
    Yes, you will get a better price if you buy something that is on the dealer's lot. Otherwise, you incur transportation cost plus dealers rather sell off their lot to save time (and time is money for both parties). :)
    After I read your post, I did a quick search of the US for that car - what you are hearing is correct - only 8! It is the Tech package that makes it so rare.....where do you live?
  • csriram45csriram45 Member Posts: 56
    funny you mention as I test drove the exact vehicle over weekend. Its the test car for the dealership. Awesome vehicle... I am not looking at tech package though for my own purchase... want to cut down on price...
    $47K although seems more than $3K of MSRP as I would think the options you have will push the price to more towards $53K MSRP.
  • cougarredcougarred Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2010
    I own a silver/black 2004 G35 Sedan with 54K miles. I leased it from SW Infiniti in Houston for 39 months, then bought it off my lease with an extended warranty.

My only complaints about it are excessive road noise, ultra-tight suspension, and poor gas mileage in the city. I test drove one of the 2010 G37 sedans the other day, and it appears my complaints have been answered, at least in the non-sport version with regular tires.

So as we near the end of the month, and after researching prices on Truecar.com and CarsDirect.com, I blasted an e-mail to various Infiniti dealers around the state of Texas asking for their best offer on a

White/wheat Journey RWD Auto with:

Premium pkg
    Navigation pkg
    Wood accents

There aren't that many G37s with those specifications in Texas! Fortunately, Grubbs Infiniti in Euless offered one with those options plus illuminated kick plates and splash guards for $36,011, which is below factory invoice due to a $1000 in dealer cash promotion that's going on.

Needless to say, I jumped on it. Grubbs is going to give me $11K for my trade in (which would be equivalent to $11,660 at Car Max given the tax break). After TTL and getting a refund on the balance of my extended warranty on the G35, I'm out the door with a new car at $26K. I figure I'll drive it at least 6 years.

I was looking over my old paperwork, and I paid $33,700 back in 2004 for the G35 without navigation. Hard to believe that G37s with navigation today are going for almost exactly the same nominal price as G35s with navigation six years ago, considering:

1) all the money we've printed in the last 6 years;
    2) the improved engine;
    3) the improved transmission;
    4) the improved technology.
  • all4yallall4yall Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2010
    I just got off of the phone with a local deal in West TN. I was offered the Journey G37 Sedan for 33,639; MSRP was like $35,700 per him. He also said that I could get 2.9% for 60 months. He didn't keep base models on the lot, but could get it for me. Should I wait to see if Infiniti comes out with better June Incentives?

Also, I work on commission so, I would rather have lower monthly payments and the option to pay it off like a lease. What can I expect the lease payment and residual to be on this car. I guess, I add up the payments plus the residual and compare that to the payments for the buy option....I have Xcellent credit so the MF should be the lowest offered by Infiniti Finance.
  • carsrock1carsrock1 Member Posts: 4
    What would invoice be relative to MSRP?
  • indycabogirlindycabogirl Member Posts: 2
    Dealer still has one new '09 G37 sedan on lot... MSRP of $41,380 (Premium + NAV pkg). Their current offer is $4500 discount + trade-in of $3K (for '98 Lexus ES 300). Trade-in is fair, but I was expecting discount off MSRP to be more like $6500+ since it's '09. Is that unreasonable?? After reading thru Forum, it looks like others are getting 2010 for at least $5K+ under MSRP, so why would I pay same price for a 1-yr older car, esp when I'm helping them get rid of old inventory?

Couple more questions: Where/How do I find invoice price? Is it better to negotiate off of invoice or MSRP? Also, dealer says no lease option available for '09 even though still new - they offer purchase only. Is that typical? Just curious.

I want to be reasonable in my negotiations/expectations but don't want to be taken advantage of or leave $$ on table. Thanks for any and all guidance!! Much appreciated.
    All of us dealers got $2500 from Infiniti at the model end close out. So, the dealer should give you at least $5500 off - if not more.

Infiniti has an 8.5% mark-up from invoice to MSRP so you can figure out the invoice. There are no good lease options left on the 09.

Hope this helps. :)
  • ujjavalpujjavalp Member Posts: 4
    you got the good deal. Can you write the name of your dealer.
  • indycabogirlindycabogirl Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for response, sewellgsm. Very helpful! :)
  • cougarredcougarred Member Posts: 4
    "You got the good deal. Can you write the name of your dealer?"

Grubbs Infiniti near DFW airport.