Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cougarredcougarred Member Posts: 4
    In looking over Infiniti's sales figures the last several months, I was astonished to learn that out of every 100 Infinitis sold, 40 are G Sedans!**

And the G Sedan faces the most competitive segment in the market, jockeying with the 3-series, TL, ES/IS, C-Class, Genesis, CTS, A4 etc.

No wonder Infiniti offers a great performance and lots of goodies at a competitive price. They have to. It's their bread and butter!

** Of the other 60, 16 are G Coupes/Convertibles, 16 are M sedans, and the other 28 are spread among the 3 SUV offerings. Compare Acura, whose MDX is their best selling model. Among the other entry level luxury sedans, only the A4 sedan comes close to matching the G Sedan in terms of percent of units sold.
  • ddwinellddwinell Member Posts: 2
    I've lurked on this forum the past several years whenever the need has arisen to purchase/lease another vehicle and have always been served well by the information obtained so I'd like to return the favor by sharing my experience yesterday at South Bay Infiniti in Los Angeles.

2010 G37 Journey Sedan with Nav & Prem packages and Cargo Mat, Net, First Aid Kit
    MSRP: $39,510
    Selling Price: $34,400

48 Month Lease, 12k miles/yr (went with 48 vs. 39 to avoid the loss in year 4 reg. fees)
    Residual: 51%
    MF: .00193
    +1000 loyalty rebate toward drive-offs (turning in an Altima)
    $699 drive off
    $441/mnth

I feel I got a pretty darn good deal. Especially stoked since I'm paying less than I did on the 48-month lease for my '03 G35 Sedan!

If you live in SoCal and are in the market, Oscar Zamora, the dealership's Internet/Fleet Manager, was a pleasure to work with.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    "48 Month Lease, 12k miles/yr (went with 48 vs. 39 to avoid the loss in year 4 reg. fees) "
    Very archaic rule that many states have gotten rid of. If I lease a car in AZ for 39 months I still pay my renewal for a year at 36 months, but when I turn the car in at 39 months I can get a refund for 9 months of registration, or it can be applied to my new lease or purchase by the deal.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • ujjavalpujjavalp Member Posts: 4
    bought G37 X - red with granite int., Nav. and premium, all weather mat, illuminated light, nonsport wheel guard. MSRP 24141.paid 38250. 0% for 36 months. Very happy with the treatment by dealer. Infinity beats Audi and Lexus in terms of service at the showroom. better ride than Audi.
  • fpinhofpinho Member Posts: 58
    Hi all,

Just wanted to share my deal with everyone that I finally closed this past Saturday.

2010 G37X Sedan Liquid Platinum/Graphite with Premium, Nav, Sport, Wood, couple other extras.

MSRP: 42,760.00
    Selling Price: 38,211.00

36 Month Lease, 10k miles/yr
    Residual: 62%
    MF: .00175
    Bank Fee Rolled in to lease 595.00
    1000.00 Cap Cost (This is my loyalty $$)
    Net Cap Cost: 37806.00

Total Due at Lease Signing: 843.00 (1st Month, DMV, Doc Fee)
    Also made 5 MSD's which cost me: 2250.00

I also had a trade in at 17400.00 which the dealer gave me a check for 3K since I had equity in the car.

My monthly payment is 394.00 with zero tax due to my trade in. Very happy with the deal. I was paying this amount for my 2005 G35 and that one only had premium package.

If anyone wants to know the dealer they are by far the best I have dealt with please shoot me an email and I will share the details with you. I also want to thank John for all his help in this process.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Why don't you just share the details here. It is perfectly ok to name dealers and cities. Read the red print at the bottom of this page.
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Looks like a great deal...congratulations. I don't know much about leasing...what is the purpose of multiple security deposits?
  • 18handicap18handicap Member Posts: 3
    First of all, I love the car. Handles and sounds great.

Why am I always left with a bad taste when it comes to buying from dealers?

Bought the car from West Houston Infiniti.

Emailed them for a quote... Sales manager replies that he is selling the cars at invoice during Memorial Day weekend. Quotes me the invoice pricing for a couple of cars (Base G37: 31.7K, G37 Journey 33K). Won't charge for window tint and wheel locks. Lease would be based on the invoice price. Money factor would be 0.0017 etc. The dealer has tax credits and will give them to me for my lease. Takes the VIN on my trade in and offers $21K, which I am very happy with.

Get to the dealership... have to deal w a sales person, not the new car sales manager I talked to on the phone (no big deal). Sales person quotes me prices that are higher than previously thought... 'wheel locks and tint must be paid for' he says... He looks at my trade in and says that the front has been repainted and wonders if it's been in an accident. I tell him no. He puts it on the hoist to examine. I figure if they think there is real damage, or uncertainty, they will cut the trade in value signficantly. They come back with $20.7K. You are telling me that all of this uncertaintly causes you to reduce the trade in value by $300??? Does this make sense??? Nickel and diming. Nevertheless, I don't want to walk away yet.

Now I get back to the price negotiation. He brings me another manager (not the guy I talked to on the phone)... fast talker... we start talking about lease terms. Tells me the money factor needs to be 0.0025, not the 0.0017. I should have walked out at this point. Tells me that the tax credits aren't exactly free and they must gross it up by a certain amount (1.2% or about $440)... first time leasing a car, so I don't know... Magically he brings the MF down to 0.0021... says that's the best he can do...

I finally agree to the final terms with a $451 monthly payment ($2700 down, 58% residual, 39 month lease, $23K buyout), but just can't help I left money on the table. Frustrating. I've bought 5 cars since moving down to Houston and three times they changed the deal.

People wonder why car sales people have bad reputations.

As an aside, I'm amazed at how busy the dealership was. No recession here...
  • littlejoe613littlejoe613 Member Posts: 53
    Sounds to me like you got a decent deal at 451 a month. Good deal that you got all but 440 in tax paid by the dealer. I understand that most states dont allow for the tax credit but Texas does. That money factor sounds reasonably low. It does sound like a lot to go through on the trade for 300 bucks though. How do you like the ride of the Sport model?
  • 18handicap18handicap Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reassurance. It feels like I got taken a bit when I look at all of the postings who saved $4 to $5K off MSRP.

The car is awesome. I've had a 2008 BMW 528i (handles awesome but definitely underpowered) and a 2007 Lexus IS350 (powerful, but loose handling) in the last 30 months, and this is a great combination of handling and power. The sport seats are the best!
    I am really surprised that they gave you any kind of quote for your trade over the phone. That they came within $300 of the phone quote I think is pretty good.

My guess on the money factor is your credit score. The rate quoted on the phone is for Tier 0 or 1. The last I heard tier 0 was 740+ and tier 1 is 700 - 739. If you are lower then that you are going to pay a higher MF. Some unscrupulous dealers will mark up the money factor, but not by the almost 2% amount you mentioned.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • zambukzambuk Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

Recenly i'm looking for a car and i found this used 2009 G37 sedan base model (Perfect condition) from an Infiniti dealarship website. I have never dealt with a dealership. So, i'm hoping that you guys would give me some advices. Here is the information of the car:

Retail price: $25,900
    Asking price: $24,900
    Pre-Owned Clear Title
    2009 Infiniti G37
    Mileage: 26,347
    Warranty:Factory Warranty
    Transmission:7 Spd Automatic
    Engine:3.7L V6 SFI DOHC 24V Gasoline
    Exterior Color: Garnet Ember
    Interior Color: Graphite

NOTE: CARFAX shows that this car was a rental car before for 1 year 2 months.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Next time try Sewell Infiniti of Houston - in the Woodlands. Enjoy the car.
    Here is a quick recap our just one dealership (of 180+) located in Texas.

Numbers below are averages! (some deals were higher, some lower, some folks added accessories, some did not, some cars base while others fully loaded, some had trade-ins, others did not, etc.)

We sold:

40 G37 sedans at an average sell point of $19 below invoice (due to the $1000 sell down cash, we actually made $981 per car).

13 G37 coupes at an average sell point of $497 over invoice (due to the $1000 sell down cash, we actually made $1497 per car)

13 G convertibles at an average sell point of $1242 over invoice (due to the $1000 dealer cash, we actually made $2242 per car)

Now, most all the deals I read about on this site are below these averages, which I expect - we had some "skinny" deals too - this is just what the averages ended up at. Not everyone is as savvy as the Forum readers. We also sold a total of 134 Infinitis which was 1 vehicle behind the dealer that led the country - so we are high volumn as well. Hope this type of information helps as you do your shopping this month. :)
    The incentives did not change from May.

09 G's = nothing really left, treat as if a pre-owned vehicle at this point.

10 G sedan or coupe: $1000 plus special rates (0% for 36, 2.9% for 60, 4.9% for 72) If you lease there is either a $1000 Loyalty Rebate or Conquest Rebate

10 G convertible: $1000 OR special rates (no loyalty rebates or conquest)

Still not as good as it was at the end of 2009, wouldn't expect much better than this till August. Good luck out there. :)
    Still not as good as it was at the end of 2009, wouldn't expect much better than this till August. Good luck out there.

You think things are going to be better then the $2000 available now on a lease in August? I have an 08 sedan that I'm about even on and new tires and registration are coming up August. Don't know if I should pull the trigger now or wait for August.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    To clarify: as far as I know if leasing you can get $1000 off (Loyalty Rebate OR Conquest Rebate - can't get both) plus whatever the dealer is willing to discount.

Depending on the state you live in - tax implications are big when dealing with a lease. In Texas, they have sales tax credits this month (so consumers pay no sales tax - saves 6.25% but they do pay a 1.2% L&M fee to get the credits, so they net a 5% savings - which is huge).

Generally speaking, if you wait till the end of you lease, you don't have to worry about remaining payments, but if your worried about buying tires and you can breakeven now - that is a tough one. The lease will NOT be worse in August, but will it be so much better to offset the cost of tires?? Not sure about that. If you can make it till August - I'd wait....it is only 58 days away...
    I know the dealer cash ($1000 at this time) is usually not available with special financing and leases, but the Edmunds incentives list states that it is available with special financing at this time. Is it not available with a lease?

No such luck with taxes in AZ. In fact the numbskulls voters here just approved a "temporary" 1% sales tax increase "for the children"
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • all4yallall4yall Member Posts: 7
    I want to eventually own the G37 journey, but want the lower monthly payments. Can anyone help me see how much I would be paying extra vs. just using the 60 month lower interest as opposed to buying at lease end. I gess I could use the 72 months for the lower payments, but I also like the idea of giving it back if I want something else.
  • bbqqbbqq Member Posts: 4
    It's been a while but finally I signed all the papers. Here is the car:
    2010 G37x
    Navigation
    Premium
    Carpet Trunk/Trunk Mat/First Aid Kit
    Impact Sensor
    Splash Guard

MSRP: 41410
    Sale Price: 35771 + CA Tax + 55 doc fee (must show but deducted from sale price) + dmv reg

No trade in or loyalty incentive involved, cash deal (too bad I was not able to take advantage of the 0 apr promotion).
    Dealership: Infiniti at Pleasanton, CA
    Correct (as stated in earlier post) - the dealer cash which is called Sell Down Cash this month is only good on a purchase.

However, you got the $1000 rebates on the Lease (Loyalty or Conquest) - so it is a wash. (Unless you are leasing and don't have a vehicle at all).
    Sounds like you are contradicting yourself - LOL. I'd lease it (get the lower payments) then at the end decide - you will only buy it IF you still like it, the value is good compared to the the market come 2013 - it will be like buying your own used vehicle.

We hope to talk you into leasing another new one - who knows what technology may bring come 2013.....maybe they will run on water by then :)
    Congrats. That is a very good deal IMO. That's $2245 less than invoice. Considering there is only $1k dealer money that's really good. Did you finance through the dealer? If so, did they get you on the APR?
  • bbqqbbqq Member Posts: 4
    It was a cash deal, I did not have enough credit for financing as I just relocated from Canada. I wish I could get it. :(

But I'm very happy with the price I got.
    No trade gouge, no crazy finance charge, no junk dealer fees. You got a good deal. There are some on this forum that would have you believe the dealer will go out of business because of the deal you made. You should be ashamed of yourself. ;)
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    fpinho: Sounds like a great deal....Question: Did you put up the 3K - your equity on the 2005 I presumed you owned? Was this lease deal from Infiniti Financial?

What State do you live in? weren't taxes due on the total of the lease payments or is that $394 per Mo PLUS taxes.? What is MSDs?

Thnaks for the info.

I am negotiating:
    New G37X, Premium package, Black with Wheat/Maple interior [still debating that choice] , 15k miles per year; turning in my 2007 G35X off lease only 24k miles on the clock.

$425/Mo, 39 months, $2717 OTD, includes taxes, DMV, Bank fee, etc. No Cap cost other than the Loyalty $1k., BUT no NAVI....and I think I'm walking from equity on exisitng leased vehicle - price at buyout on July 2010 is $20,300!. Oh, the dealer will pay my last 2 lease payments of $440/Mo.

Other dealer in the NY area: $452/Mo - $2650.00 OTD all other terms the same. It does pay to shop, I've learned that over 40 years of bying/leasing cars - No MATTER WHAT ANYONE TELLS.
    I just posted a reply to another deal on this forum. i'm negotiating a new lease for a G37X, currently coming to the end of exisitng lease on 2007.

I have a Black one now with Stone (grey) interior Wahi Aluminium... I know colors are strictly a beauty in the Eyes of the Beholder: But I haven't seen a 2010 Black with the Wheat / Maple accents interior on any lot so far. Has anyone seen the new color: Smokey Quartz! - judging from the Infiniti WEB site it appears attractive and may be a better contrast with the Wheat Interior. One thing to point out, in 2010, the dashboard and side door panels have a Greyish/Brown tint to it.

Appreciate any feedback....
  • tywebb1973tywebb1973 Member Posts: 115
    Returning a G35x in NJ coming off lease. Dealer gave us a deal on a G37x priced at $37,345, which I think is high considering some are getting the car close to invoice.

He gave us the $1000 loyalty rebate on the new lease. Then he claims he can give us $500 more however, after viewing the G35x we are turning in, says he will have to apply the $500 rebate to that car because the driver's side rim is scratched. He says he can use that $500 rebate to not charge us to fix the rim.

Something seems fishy here.

PS - So I as I read it, there really is only $1000 available on rebates right? Either loyalty or conquest on the lease or $1000 dealer rebate if you buy. You can't combine the two, right?
  • sealbeach_lasealbeach_la Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2010
    Finally pulled the trigger on a 2010 G37x with the following:

U01 - Navigation Package
    P01 - Premium Package
    R01 - Sport Package
    L92 - Carpet Trunk Mat/Trunk Net/First Aid Kit
    B93 - Splash Guard Sport

39 Month lease
    1st payment/0 down
    $499.99/month with 20k miles per year

Invoice = $38,850 - $1,550 = $37,300 (Received $1000 Lease Conquest Bonus Cash + 550 (True Car Referral Discount)
  • infiniti427infiniti427 Member Posts: 33
    almatti,

I'm in the internet department at Infiniti of Tampa... so I look at these cars all day every day. The Smoky Quartz color is quite sharp. It looks really good with the wheat interior w/ the maple accents. It's like a dark taupe. It's a lot better than the color it replaced... that god awful Sahara Sandstone. I hated that color... hate the lakeshore slate to. Graphite Shadow is my favorite. Infiniti needs to bring back the midnight blue I had on my 04 G35x. Best color ever made.
    Hey everyone, I work for Infiniti of Tampa and thought I'd update you on last months sales numbers. We did 80 new cars & 57 used cars... 80 new cars put us #1 for the 5th month in the row for our region, which is central FL and north FL. Finished 3rd in the state behind Coconut Creek in Ft. Lauderdale and South Motors in Miami.

Congratulations to Sewell once again though! Both his stores were were in the top 10 in the country once again.

It won't be long until were all selling cars how it was a few years ago!
    Hi Almati,

No I didnt put up the 3K the dealer cut me a check for the 3K. I live in NJ and since I had already paid tax on the trade in vehicle, when calculated I ended up not owing NJ for any tax on the lease.
    Hi,

The purpose of Multiple Security Deposits (IFS allows 9 max I think) is to lower your money factor ie. the interest rate.

Here is the outcome of me making 5 MSD's on the lease I just signed. The original MF was .00175 and when they applied the 5 MSD's it lowered the MF to .00125 thus saving me 1157.71 over the life of the lease (36 months). The MSD's cost me 2250.00 which I get back at the end of the lease so basically your lending Infiniti this money and getting it back at the end of your lease, even if the car gets totaled you still get your money back.
    That is a Fantastic Deal...Congrats. I just priced the same car w/o alarm sensors at $37,800 for leasing purposes , not a purchase. Going OTD with $2600 for TTL, Bank fee, 1st Month, @$430/Mo. with 18k MILES per year..
    Dear infiniti427: Thanks for the feedback. I thought that Smokey Quartz would be nice. But here in the NY area, actually Greenwich CT, no one has one to see. Too bad, I made my deal for a Black Obsedian with Stone Interior/ Washi Aluminum. Like what I had on my 2007. I was torn on the Wheat Interior with Maple accents. I could not see that combo either. My dealer was going to retrieve one to see rom another dealer in NJ without obligation to take the car. But looking at a White one with Wheat on his lot, the Brownish.greyish dashboard and rear seat backboard (for the lack of a better term) in the same didn't sit well with me against a Black exterior.. Well I did my deal, good price for a 39 month lease, with 18k miles per year, no $$$$ Down, except TTL and bank fee - Premium/Navi / 37X, @$425/Mo.

Question: They discouraged me from inquiring about the Maple Accents on the Stone Interior. It is on Infiniti's Web site. Is that something I could insist on as being added or is that a "factory" item? Appreciate your advise. btw, have you seen that - Maple accents in a Stone Interior??
    Ya the Maple Trim in a Stone Interior looks awful. A stone interior looks best with the standard shodo aluminum trim. The Maple trim looks good in the Wheat interior only in my opinion.
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Got it. Thanks...and enjoy your G
    I think I found a dealer on Long Island that has the Smokey Quartz / Wheat interior on Long Island. I put my Black one on Hold until I see this one. The Dealer in CT, did not have one and was :discouraging" me from going with that color. I think judging from web sites and brochures, the Dashboard appears to be in the smokey quartz color with the wheat interior - matching the exterior Smokey Quartz color. Am I correct?
    Any Wheat interior G Sedan has the lighter dash inside... same goes with the Stone interior. Only way you get the Black dash is with a Black interior. Last year the Stone interior had the Black dash, but for some reason Infiniti decided to change it up for this year.
  • dolphins3dolphins3 Member Posts: 1
    Deal Description (Florida):

2010 G37
    -Body Splash Guards
    Carpeted Trunk Mat
    Trunk Net
    Illuminated Kick Plates
    Premium Package
    Navigation Package
    Maple Interior Accents
    Desitination Charges ($865)
    Total M.S.R.P. $40,710

Agreed upon vehicle value of $37,785.17
    Total Capitalized Cost on contract is $39,028.17 which includes 599.00 doc prep fee a $149.00 fee for ETCH RG 2000 3 (not sure what that is) and $499.00 (oil maintenance/tire rotation service contract for the life of the lease).

In the inceptions I paid:
    $912.25 Cap Cost Reduction
    $488.50 First Monthly Payment (told my first payment was in 30 days)
    $70.85 Registration Fee
    Tax on Cap Cost Reduction $63.86
    Florida Fees $88.95
    Tax on Acquistion Fee $35.70
    Acqusition Fee of $595.00
    Miscelaneous Florida Fees $48.50
    Total of $2,314.22
    -$1000 Conquest rebate left me the amount I paid for inceptions which was $1,314.22

39 months lease
    $488.50 month payment
    15k miles per year
    residual value $23,204.70

Is this a decent deal?
  • ogar67ogar67 Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased a 2010 G37 Convertible w/
    Premium, Navigation, Tire & Wheel, Accent, Splash Guards, Spare Tire & First Aid

MSRP $51,695

Sale Price $46,455 plus TTL

Not too Bad I think.....
    dolphins 3:

I just leased G37X:

$2,591 OTD (includes NY taxes, Bank fee, 1st month lease, title, regi, etc.
    39 Months
    18k miles per year
    Dealer paid last 2 months of $880 on old G35X 2007, lease
    1 year free oil changes
    Premium & Navi Packages
    no Kickplates ( iwanted them, but their car didn't have it)
    splash guards
    Black Obsidian / Wheat Interior with maple accents
    $425/Mo.

I think I made a good deal. But shop around. A dealer in Long Island that I stopped at to see the Smokey Quartz color (they said they had on their web site), didn't have it on the lot. Wanted a "deposit" to bring it over from their warehouse. "no Way", I said. After they met this deal [dealers don't just let you come in without dealing with you], the sale manager calls me 20 minutes after I left my deposit with dealer, and says: I want your business......$389/ Mo !!! for the same car with MORE equipment. I passed because they appeared like a bunch of thieves and probably would have delivered a damaged vehicle {you know, Fell Off The Truck type car}.... Good luck, Push Your Dealer.
  • byunwongbyunwong Member Posts: 3
    Just got a quote for a 2010 G37x w/ Premium. (No Nav, have my tomtom).

The offer is for 12k/year, 39 months, 0 down (just 1st month + ~500 for reg/title due at signing), 375/month including 6.25% sales tax.

Any thoughts? Not sure if I'm going to bite on this or see what I can get a 328xi for.
    I just got back from a week long visit to Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and it the class was very insightful - made me ponder. I know this forum has many followers and we talk about our deals and advise each other, but this is what I would like to hear from you....

What are the most important things you look for when deciding which dealer to purchase from (assuming you have narrowed in down to an Infiniti)? And what is that worth to you (dollar wise) if the dealer is meeting the expectations in question #1?

Thanks. :)
  • edburn3edburn3 Member Posts: 2
    Been looking at a new 37 for awhile. I have found a dealer that has a few 2009 37s left on the lot. It seems like the are wanting to get rid of them. They are not my favorite color choice (White/Wheat) but I think I may have a heck of a deal. Please let me know. These are new cars. No miles.

G37 Journey Premium- $29,900
    G37 Journey Prem/Nav- $31,900

What would you do? Does this seem like a fair price. Thanks
  • bearg37bearg37 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Ed- I found a few 2009 G37s- 0 miles- (Journey Premiums) this weekend and am in the preliminary stages of looking - the "dealer invoice" showed $37,750 cost and they said they'd get a $2000 rebate and sell to me $35,750.... I told them that it would be a 2 year old car soon and left without any negotiating - Are you located somewhere in Florida by any chance? I'm looking as well. Thanks.
  • cougarredcougarred Member Posts: 4
    2010 G37
    -Body Splash Guards
    Carpeted Trunk Mat
    Trunk Net
    Illuminated Kick Plates
    Premium Package
    Navigation Package
    Maple Interior Accents
    Desitination Charges ($865)
    Total M.S.R.P. $40,710

Agreed upon vehicle value of $37,785.17. Is this a decent deal?

I paid $36,011 for that same car. See my post from late May.
  • patrick9090patrick9090 Member Posts: 3
    Seriously considering a 2010 G37 Journey sedan, w/Premium. The lowest certified hassle-free price for my area (South Florida) is $33,659, basically $4K off MSRP - my closest dealer will take that price and run with it.

You guys think it's worth it to try to haggle down further? I could try to play the area dealers off one another, but unfortunately, only one dealer is really close to me, which kinda puts me at a bargaining disadvantage. Pretty sure I qualify for the 0.0%/36 1.9%/60 financing with my excellent credit score, if not I'm out the door as I don't feel like paying interest.
  • jkwcmwjkwcmw Member Posts: 11
    Hi Sewellgsm,

Easy question for me - price. I go into the car buying experience expecting all the "bs" that accompanies a new car purchase. While I appreciate the benefits of a dealer that treats me right, I would sooner go to a dealer that epitomizes all the tired old clichés if they were offering a better price. I recently leased a 2009 convertible from Competition Infiniti. When the lease on my 2006 G35X was up, I went back to Competition and priced out the convertible. Even though they have been very good to me in the past, (great service department and great deal on my last lease) I still shopped around looking for a better price. No one would match the deal I got from Competition so I ended up getting my new car there. One dealer did offer to match the price but for the same price, loyalty won out.
  • bearg37bearg37 Member Posts: 2
    Ed, are you referring to the sedan or 2dr coupe?
    Thanks