Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• falcons023falcons023 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking for a G37 Journey with Premium, Navi, Sports Pkg by end of the year. Just started to do my due diligence. I found somebody mentioning Zag.com on this forum and being a USAA member.

I don't have the membership but using my georgia zipcode and American express Car Buying program...the guaranteed price is $37,787 which is below invoice ($38.583).

I am little skeptical about this....do you think i can get that price on 2011's? Any thoughts?
  • hx699hx699 Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2010
    You were able to get the zag.com price quote for the 2011 G37 just using your zipcode, without submitting your name, address, phone, etc?

The AMEX service claims you don't have to give out personal info to see the offered price, but that isn't true for all models/years for some reason. For the 2010 G37 I get a quote without all that info, but not for the 2011. Same for the USAA version of the zag service.

Unless I'm missing something, the price quote you get isn't an out-the-door price, and different dealers may have different additional fees to get more profit (like ridiculously high documentation fees of many hundreds of dollars) in the OTD price. This is where that $800 below invoce might not pan out in the end. Ask for an itemized out the door price.

$800 below invoice (assuming no other added profit below the line) isn't a bad price for a 2011, considering it's not even 2011 yet. It's a slightly better price than you'd get if you were a dealer employee with <1yr tenure via VPP Plan E. If you hate haggling it's a great price,
    I got the price quote without giving any of mu info. Just the Zipcode and it is for 2011 models.
    I think it varies for different region as well. Mine is atlanta area and i have used houston and it doesn't show anything saying no dealer is participating in this program. Also, i am aware of the fact that it is not OTD price. and excludes doc fee, TTl, Destination charge and stuff.

I qualify for VPP plan D as well...so i am just exploring all the options.
    I am also interested in Limited Edition as well. The dealer says it is at least $2000 more than my regular G37 with Sport, Navi & Premium.

Do you guys have any info on how these limited Editions are going for? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    G37 sedan Limited Edition - MSRP is $43,400 before any more upgrades
    G37 sedan Journey ($35050) + Prm (2150) + Nav (1850) + Sport (2150) = $41,200 so yes the LE is $2200 more.
    Remember Zag is a marketing tool - we pay them to get you to contact us (via email, phone, walk in, etc). That is how they make money.

They select a few dealers around the Nation to input on their website - the lowest amount over invoice we will take on certain models. They then average the numbers together subtract any dealer cash (note the price quoted is not for a lease or using the special rates like 0%) then post them on AMEX, USAA, Overstock, BOA, and whoever else will pay them money....it is a Target Price - it drives traffic. Most dealers will be very close to that price unless they have dealer add ons like tint, pinstripe, etc. Bottom line is it "cuts to the chase" - there will be very little back and forth when you start with a Zag powered price.

So, if the is a $1000 dealer cash - then $800 back of invoice is very possible. There is only $500 dealer cash on 2011 G37 sedans so the price will probably be closer to $200 below invoice.

For a QX, most dealers will dismiss the Zag price....saying in their market they are not doing that "Target Price", for now - that may change in another couple of months when supply and demand even out.
    That doesn't make much sense. Infiniti only provides scant information for potential buyers on why we'd want this LE model, as opposed to a Journey+P+N+Sp. There has to be more to it than just those 3 packages, or only a sucker would buy it.

Does it also have the technology package? Aero package? Other options besides just a different paint color and different color seats? Did the LE maybe inherit the 4-wheel steering, which I think was about a $1400 option but that most reviews I read said they didn't see the benefit of it.

On a related note, it appears every dealer is getting at least 2 of these LE sedans, with larger dealers getting more. They don't appear to be hot sellers so far, and who knows, maybe most of them will still be around in the 2nd half of the year and will be heavily discounted with a F2D incentive, which the dealers can choose to pass on, or not.

Sewellgsm: since you guys are one of the highest inventory turnover dealers, how far was it into 2010 before you guys sold all your 2010 anniversary version G37's, which also had the red seats?
    It all makes sense now. Thanks for explaining the Zag.com Target Price. At least i am aware of what to expect if i take that target price to the dealership.
    The differences that i noticed from LE model and G37 Journey with Sport, Prem, Navi is
    Color: Malbec Black
    Aero Pkg include Rear Spoiler
    Red Leather seats
    Illuminated Kick Plate
    Impact Sensor
    Midnight Grill
    Different Wheels (Just a different Shade) but i am not so sure.

These are the changes that i have noticed. If there are any, please add them
  • gotkrus1gotkrus1 Member Posts: 3
    Purchased a 2011 G37 Journey with Premium Pkg last night at a Southern California Dealership. Here's the breakdown of our purchase.

Price: $33,000
    Tax (9.75%): $3,217.50
    Fees: $564.50
    ****OTD: $36,782

Dealer Invoice $35,122
    Dealer MSRP $38,075
  • lmcjcaolmcjcao Member Posts: 16
    wow, good deal.

Do you mind sharing the dealer contact info? Seems it's worth a trip to travel to Ca.
  • dap2006dap2006 Member Posts: 68
    edited November 2010
    Did I get this right - $2122.00 under dealer invoice? No trade in involved or any other factors? And what is the fee breakdown? What about an "acquisition fee"?
    (didn't notice this was a purchase, not a lease)

I'm planning on getting a 2011 w/ Premium/Nav/Sport soon - glad to see things are looking out there.

As I'm in AZ I'd consider the trip if needed - what dealership?

And congrats!
  • geees37geees37 Member Posts: 1
    Very helpful to know. How does one find out the VPP?
  • jefftrolljefftroll Member Posts: 8
    VPP info can be found on insidenissan.com for both nissan or infiniti. California must be hurting for business selling new 2011's for 2k under invoice. TX DFW area would never do that. Not just from infiniti, but our other dealers, bmw etc do not budge too much. I got a good first offer from a dealer pretty far from Dallas but it would be a drive to get to. I'm now also shopping year old 2010's with a few miles on them to save some more cash.
    I don't think you can generalize the deal one person got (and we still don't know, may never know, all the details) for an entire region, or even to the same dealer on the same model, 1 hour later in the same day.

The $2122 below invoice deal probably made sense to the dealer in the grand scheme of things at that moment in time. Great deals like that usually involve some luck and timing.

Maybe there was a trade-in involved, and they saw much more than the $2122 in profit potential. Maybe it was a demo or something about that particular car was hard to sell at that dealership. Maybe the dealer was one car away from a dealership-wide unit sales threshold that made the difference between getting say 2 or 3 extra new vehicles in their next delivery from the factory, so the price was worth the sacrifice and would be more than made up in the next month. I do think it's safe to say those types of deals are not the norm, and if trade-in/demo weren't part of the equation, you'll have to have luck and timing on your side to match it so early in the model year.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    You can check with your HR department to see if you qualify or list your company you work for and I can look it up.
    Infiniti announced all those who qualify for VPP (A, B, C, or D plan) will get A plan pricing till 1/3/2011. This is $1250 below invoice before you subtract the incentives. So, if you are VPP go get a vehicle...if your not VPP - quit your job and go work for a company who has VPP connections :)
  • milogaltmilogalt Member Posts: 6
    woww!! how many miles on the vehicle? did you buy from south bay? do share...

I bought a 2011 G37 journey sedan (black on black), prem + nav (with IKP and carpeted trunk mat/trunk net/first aid kit) two weeks back from Cerritos Infiniti...110-odd miles on it...

On an MSRP of 40470, my OTD was 39K even (price was 35K even)...also got the zero down @0.9% (for 36 months)...
    Don't have exact dates on this but Infiniti has forwarned us they are raising all the prices on their cars an average of 2% due to the weak dollar vs the Yen. Any vehicle we currently have in inventory will not be effected, but those that are inbound could be depending on when the raise goes into place. :cry:
  • dmacinodmacino Member Posts: 1
    Just took delivery Wednesday.

2011 G37x sedan
    Moonlight White
    Premium Pkg
    Performance Tire Pkg
    Interior Accents

$34,545 + $875 Freight from a different dealership.
  • jefftrolljefftroll Member Posts: 8
    Do you mind posting the dealership name? Or at least area of country? You struck a great deal. ~2100 under invoice. Were there any dealer options in there? Tint?
  • h31007h31007 Member Posts: 6
    This forum taught me a lot. Although Im not sure if my deal was fantastic, i know i did well. 3 years ago my company gave me a monthly allowance for a car lease of $600. I went out and got a G35 lease (39 month 10,000 miles per year) with premium and navigation for $619.55/mo. I really didnt do any research at all, i basically went into the dealer and told them what i wanted.

After reading through this forum the past month I started to really learn what a bad deal i got back in the day. I dont really care because the company pays for it, but i still felt like i was run through.

Anyway, in an effort to pay it forward here is the deal i received from Infiniti in SoCal-

2011 G37 Journey Premium, Nav, Illuminated Kick plates and Trunk Mat/cargo net.
    MSRP: $40,470.00
    Cap Cost: $35525.00
    Lease Term: 36 months, 15000 miles/yr
    Residual: 61%
    Money Factor: .00165
    Sales Tax: 9.75%

Monthly Payment: 458.00 (including tax).

So basically its $170/month cheaper than my last car, which was essentially the same car with a longer lease and less miles. I feel good about this deal, and I feel even better when i compare it against my last car lease.

The best quotes I received throughout this process (I was looking at many different car models) were all through Truecar.com. That website is a tremendous asset for car buyers, especially when you combine it with the information that car_man supplies us all with for each months interest and residual numbers for leases.

Happy shopping.
    B
  • syrotasyrota Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    Just purchased '11 G37x Sedan with premium, sport, and nav yesterday. :shades:

price: $37,800
    Tax: $3,053.36 (8% + use tax)
    Fees: $299.38
    ***OTD: $41,152.74

MSRP: $42,675
    Invoice: $39,195

Financed with 0.9% for 36 months offer, $0 down.

Berman's Infiniti of Chicago (downtown).

Was surprised that I did not get the best price in person, but rather when started calling local dealerships, and asking to match an offer from one another. :confuse:

This thread was a lot of help! Thanks everyone for sharing! :)
  • bernie615bernie615 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    Paid 43500 for a new shadow gray g37 convertible automatic, premium ,navigation plus premium wheels .can anyone tell me of cheaper price as i can get a match for next 3 days.thanks
  • zillerkazzillerkaz Member Posts: 3
    Hi all, Looking for some insight on this deal:

2011 Shadow gray 4dr journey rwd

Technology pkg
    Premium pkg
    Sport pkg
    Nav pkg
    Interior accent pkg

So far I have negotiated $38,945
    (before tax, doc, fees).

They're willing to do this price now without further negotiation and will also get me out of my current g35 lease (2 months left) without early penalty). I was trying to go a bit lower... ($38,145) but didn't push too hard yet (they said they'd do the lower price but then I would owe my final two lease payments (which basically makes it a wash).

Given their current offer, do you think I'll be able to do much better or is this already really good? I can wait the two months but I'm not opposed to grabbing this now if it's a great deal...

Any insight on reasonable ranges or doc / dealer fees? CA tax either way :(

Thanks!
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I think it's a good deal- about $1500 under invoice + 2 payments = 2300-2500 under invoice on a 2011.
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    Did you receive a notification from Infiniti that you can trade in your vehicle up to three months before the end of the lease? I received this roughly six weeks back.

I don't believe the dealer is doing you any favors since it's an Infiniti program, not a dealer program.
    I didn't actually receive anything from Infiniti about an early lease trade in so for the purposes of this, I suppose we should disregard the early lease turn in possibility (since I wouldn't make the deal if they don't let me do that anyway and would just wait out the 2 months).

So assuming I am eligible for the early lease turn in (without penalty), the deal I can get $38,945 (without haggling further that is) still seems to be a pretty good deal?

According to ZAG that's $1,200 below invoice as is (but I hear ZAG has some dealer compensation built in to their pricing).

I'm *not* trying to screw the guy at the dealer (I actually bought a car from him once before, I don't mind him making a little money after all). I'm just trying to find out whether my deal is in the amazing / good category or just "ok" at this point and whether I should be pushing for something a lot lower or am I there if I can push them to the $38,145 (which would be $2,000 below invoice according to ZAG).
    edited November 2010
    I just built your configuration on Edmunds and it has an MSRP of $42,025 and an invoice price of $38,542 including destination.

There are two incentives posted a $1000 owner loyalty and a $500 dealer incentive. Based on this an invoice deal less the incentives would be $37,042. The deal you have on the table translates to a selling price of $40,445 or a discount of $1580. Which isn't that great considering a spread of $3500 between MSRP and the posted invoice (42,025-38,542= 3483).

When I leased our 35XS in 2008 we netted a deal $150 under invoice before rebates, etc. I'm in CT. Your tx is what it is, Doc fees vary by state, CT for example is $299-499, But our last several vehicles are purchased/leased in NY and we pay a $45 doc fee. I personally have issues with high doc fees to process paperwork, etc.

Shoot for an invoice deal less the $1500 in rebates. The turn in of your lease early is an option extended to you from Infiniti. Call them to verify you can pull ahead your lease if you lease or purchase a new Infiniti. I doubt the dealer is doing you an favors on this part of the deal.
    Not trying to be argumentative here (I'm seeking help)!

That said, on both edmunds.com and Zag (through my AMEX card) I'm seeing invoice on this config @ $40,145.
    (2011 Journey w/ tech, nav, prem and sport packages).

I thought the $1,000 incentive is for leasing only (I will be purchasing, sorry I should have clarified that) so I believe the only incentive available to be is the $500 off.

The price I have been quoted by them @ $38,945, is *before* any incentives. Am I missing something or did you miss something on the config / invoice pricing? :)
    edited November 2010
    re: "Doc fees vary by state, CT for example is $299-499"

Documentation fees are a "below the line" dealer fee (an extra place to add in profit). They vary by dealer. What varies by state is there is sometimes a *maximum amount* the law allows them to charge (but most states have no limit).

It's definitely worth finding out early what the dealer you are working with charges for doc fees. Once you get a bottom line price (not counting taxes, license, registration) and if it is say $1500 below invoice, and the doc fee is $500, your deal is essentially $1000 below invoice (i.e. add the doc fee back in)

They are negotiable, but that doesn't mean you will be successful in negotiating them down.

PS, zillerkaz: $40145 is the invoice figure I get too (including $875 dest fee and the interior accent package which you apparently have to get if you get the tech package)
    These posts are great, I don't view them as argumentative at all. I just hope I'm not misinforming you. Yes the $1k is for leasing.

Sorry about the numbers before (yes, I missed something). It appears I didn't check a box, and I have the same numbers you have at invoice of $40,145 on Edmunds including destination.

It looks like a great deal, just confirm their fees (doc) and is destination is included, if you get the $500 dealer cash, etc.
  • jgillisjgillis Member Posts: 4
    Hey Guys,

Any idea what I should be looking for on lease deals for leftover 2010 G convertibles?

Thanks
  • krazy140krazy140 Member Posts: 1
    hi all,

wanted folks opinion on whether the deal im getting is good and if i can do better.
    this is for a 2011 G37 sedan w/ premium + nav + accent package + upgraded tires.
    MSRP = 41220, Invoice = 37850. Nissan VPP Price ( A PLAN) = 36230
    basically getting it for 5k less than msrp and 1750 less than invoice. Also getting 0.9% apr for 36 months.
    anyone think i can get a better deal on a 2011 G37 sedan ?
    thanks
    Krazy140: any time you get the best employee purchase price, you're getting a better deal than the vast majority of buyers get. 0.9% financing on top of that is icing on the cake (probably close to a couple thousand in interest savings compared to a market rate loan).

Have people gotten better deals this early in the model year? Yes, but not many. You're probably in the top 5-10% of deals with that package.
  • redgolfredgolf Member Posts: 9
    Apologies for asking a G25 question here but the G25 forum is relatively inactive - I think due to the fact that you can only get to it by search rather than drill-down.
    ---------------------
    I have settled on purchasing a G25 Journey but have a few questions I would like answered before I pull the trigger - please post if you can advise.

1. In California it appears the G25 Journey (MSRP $32,350) is the base model and you can't get the plain old G25 (MSRP $30,950). I'm okay with this as I need the Bluetooth and I like the heated seats, I am just looking for clarification.

2. For pricing, using MSRP do my calculations look about right for OTD:

Price $32,350.00
    Destination $875.00
    Tax (9.25%) $2,992.38
    License/Reg (from Cal DMV site) $464.03
    DMV Document Fee (dealers may charge up to $45) $45.00
    CA Tire Recycle Fee (fixed) $8.75
    Total $36,726.40

3. Regarding the Destination of $875, do Infiniti dealers always charge this or do they have room to move.

4. My target OTD is $33K or less - am I out of my mind or is this doable on the right day?

Thanks!
    edited December 2010
    Redgolf: Can't help with the base vs journey G25 question. Based on zag.com prices and your tax/license info, I get $33590 OTD (including the $875 dest charge). That is the lowest price among 11 certified zag dealers in CA. I'd say $33k OTD is doable on the right day, whereas $33590 (or there 'bouts) is doable on any day (from a zag certified dealer). Factor in your cost of financing from a 3rd party versus what they might offer you as well (i.e. they may only offer you cut-rate financing at the $33590 price)

The $875 dest fee is a factory charge (it's on the sticker), so the dealer is paying (financing) it too. It's no doubt set to be sure the factory doesn't lose money on transport charges on average, but I wouldn't use it as a negotiating point (not directly). Consider the price as a bundle, including options and the dest fee, and decide based on that.
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    I think 33K is tatally doable

carsdirect.com is selling G25 Journey for $29.9K including destination in 92626 zipcode (Mission Vejio Southern CA)
    You probably can knock ~ $200 to $500 = 29.5K
    add approx 10% to TTL = OTD ~33K

Not a unreasonable target IMHO.
    edited December 2010
    Thank you to both for the excellent feedback, it is very helpful.

I'll post the results on the forum.
    edited December 2010
    ...in addition to the $1250 below invoice for all VPP plans = $2750 below invoice on G37 sedans
    see:
    http://www.insidenissan.com/monthly_abplan_infiniti.html
    click on 2011 models.

Does this also go through 1/3/2011?
  • rjd45rjd45 Member Posts: 1
    All,

Interested in a 2010 or 2011 g37x w/premium & navigation, 39 month, 12,000 a year lease information.

Thanks for any help.
  • ares1819ares1819 Member Posts: 10
    I read that the Infiniti VPP program is giving all levels, "A Level" pricing through the end of the year...that said, are there any employees out there who aren't going to use all of their "friends" claim codes this year? Feel free to message me to discuss it.
    After all, Tis' the season to give ;)
  • mwp4mwp4 Member Posts: 1
    Just put a deposit down for G37 Journey Sedan + Premium + Sport (no nav).

OTD = $36998
    Tradein = $1500 (99 Maxima with 178k)

Dealer = Infiniti of Gwinnett (Atlanta Georgia)

This seems like a descent price based on the VPP information.
  • chainsawcharlychainsawcharly Member Posts: 2
    Tale of the tape....
    G25X w/ moonroof & color match slpash guards OTD...$33676
    Lostion South Jersy
    Trying to find pics of the various wheel options. There's the standard 17" (which I think is a 5-spoke triple-split) on the G37 Journey, but also the 18" wheels in the R01 sport package, the 18" wheels in the W01 performance tire/wheel package, the W92 18" 9 spoke, and the wheels on the Limited Edition model (which might be the same as the W92 package?)

No luck finding labeled pics on the infiniti website. If anyone has links to pics of these various wheels, could you post them?

For example, are the (split 5-spoke) wheels in this pic the ones in the R01 package?
    http://www.infinitiusa.com/g_sedan/
    New G25 Journey is in my driveway. $33K OTD in Bay Area.

Thanks for all the help!
  • tschalktschalk Member Posts: 3
    20000 miles, sport pkg, premium pkg, navigation pkg

38k. is it reasonable price?

if not what is best price? i'm thinking about under 32k.
  • dtreuhaftdtreuhaft Member Posts: 2
    What should i pay for a 2011 g37x with premium package out the door; also what is tjhe dealer cost on this model, and is there any rebates.
    thanks Dave
  • blacklude13blacklude13 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Used the VPP Program:

2011 G37x AWD Sedan - Graphite Shadow
    Premium Package - Sport Package - Splash Guards, Trunk Mat/Net/First-Aid Kit
    (No Navigation Package)

MSRP - $41,190
    Sale Price - $35,108
    OTD - $36,660

Car was bought from Infiniti of Chantilly in Virginia. Very knowledgable and friendly staff, I would highly recommend them to anyone in the area. Splash guards and trunk accessories were already included on the car when it was delivered, this is pretty much standard for all G37x's in the DC area.
    edited December 2010
    Nice!
    You've got very low TTL there as well.
    Anybody have a VPP code I can use? :o)