Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dtreuhaftdtreuhaft Member Posts: 2
  • steve5ksteve5k Member Posts: 2
    just bought a 2011 G37 journey coupe using the VPP program, premium pkg, splash guard, cargo net, illuminated kick plate, tinted window,

MSRP $42,250
    Sale Price $37,049

so far so good...yet I was tricked into buying the 120K extended warranty program later with a price of $2,700, which is obviously too pricey, can I do something about it now?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Usually, extended warranty plans have a 30- or 60-day cancellation period.. But, if you rolled it into your financing, rather than paying it separately, the refund will go to pay down your loan balance...

That's okay, you still receive the money back.. Just know that your payments won't go down...

Call your dealer immediately about cancelling it.. Be prepared for them to drag their feet.. They likely made more off the warranty sale than they did on the rest of the car.. Expect another sales pitch on the warranty.. especially the part where they try to make you feel like an idiot for not taking it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    yet I was tricked into buying the 120K extended warranty program later with a price of $2,700, which is obviously too pricey, can I do something about it now?

How were you tricked? If so, it would be helpful for you to say which dealer it was so others can be forewarned.
  • steve5ksteve5k Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    thanks kyfdx for your suggestion...

I was pretty tired after sitting at the dealership for about 3 hrs when this came up, first the financial guy told me that this is a new plan from infiniti which covers up to 120 K miles (which is probably true) and he said infinit will lose money on plans like this.

secondly he told me if I don't buy upfront, he will not be able to do the 120K miles once the car rolls out of their door since it is no longer a new car -- this is not true, based on the plan, the car is considered new in 6 months or 6K miles and still qualify the 120K plan, you can always shop around for plans.

There is a 60 days full refund cancellation policy, will cancel it this week.
  • andy_the_geekandy_the_geek Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a G37s. I really wanted it fully loaded with all primary packages (tech, nav, premium) automatic transmission.

I have been having a hard time finding anything with the tech package. I had one but it got sold before I could get it. Any opinions on if it's worth waiting for?

Also, a dealership DOES have the car I want, but the dealer has BAD reviews online, and they have declined to transfer the car to other dealers (I've tried to get it transferred already). I hear you only get the free service loaners and etc if you take your car to the dealer you bought it from for service. This dealer has a very bad rep and is almost 2 hours away. Bad idea?

Here is the offer I have from a local dealer going through Consumer Reports (Zap). The car is a 2011 Journey Sport with Premium/Nav packages.

MSRP $42,075.00

Selling Price 36,437.00
    (fees removed, including CA sales tax)
    TOTAL $40,201.80

I got an offer from a dealer farther away for literally 80 dollars less. Is this a good deal? How much lower can I get it? I am thinking of asking them to throw in the wheel locks and LoJack and they'll have a deal. Not sure if they'll go for it. Not sure if I want to wait for the tech package and lose the year end incentives.

Thanks!
  • seifer912seifer912 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    Hi all:
    Anyone bought a 2011 G37 coupe sport 6mt here? And mind tell me how much you paid for it? I went to different dealerships and the lowest i can get is $40400 invoice price.

thx
  • sadie064sadie064 Member Posts: 2
    I've just started shopping for a 2011 G37x with the Premium, Navigation, Sport, and Aerodynamic packages (in Arizona). One has been located but so far the different dealers I've spoken with say it's so rare that they won't take less than $41K.

Thoughts on reasonability of the price? Based on TMV and other research I'd expect a price closer to $39K. Seems to me the only 'rarity' is the Aerodynamic package, which is a $980 (MSRP) option.
  • hx699hx699 Member Posts: 20
    The "X" model is rare in Arizona (5 dealers), no matter what other options.
  • sadie064sadie064 Member Posts: 2
    True...forgot about that. :-)
    edited December 2010
    Also be advised that the Phoenix-area dealers charge ridiculously high documentation fees, in the $400-$450 range. So, if you think you're getting a deal of say $1000 below invoice it's actually only $600-650 below invoice. This goes for the quotes through services like zag as well.

PS, any VPP buyers out there know if it's correct that the dealer cannot charge doc fees for a VPP transaction?
  • njkid2010njkid2010 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for a 2011 G37x + Premium Package. I have been quoted $34,957 (basically 1K below invoice). Is this a good price? OTD price is $38,050. I am in NJ.
  • jl3g3ndjl3g3nd Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2010
    To those who find these price points helpful, picked up a 2011 G37 a couple of weeks ago at a SoCal dealership using VPP. Added Performance Tire and Wheel package, Premium, Navi and Interior Accents.

MSRP of 41,025
    VPP pricing saved me about 6000 total (about $3350 under invoice), so price before taxes and other fees was very close to $35K flat. Picked up minor after-market add ons, but still OTD around $39K after tax, license and doc fees.

I think I got a great deal and didn't bother trying to haggle on the price or anything additional (like floor mats). Plus also took advantage of the 2.9% 5 year financing deal - better than my bank could have done with my excellent credit.
    Good deal, but why was your VPP deal better than the VPP deal every other eligible buyer gets?
    Not sure is good deal or not, just bought a black G37coupe sport 6mt from infiniti at south bay for $39530, HUGE thx Kagan, Bruce !!!!!

happy holiday
  • saucemangsaucemang Member Posts: 24
    Did it have aero package and is it a 2010 or 2011
    I don't know. VPP pricing came in at about $600 under what I was expecting (and what was published on the VPP site). I did not want to ask only to have them realize there was a mistake and take it back. Either that, or the sales guy was real cool or there were additional bonus cash back incentives I was unaware of. Whatever the case, the experience was easy and pleasant. They didn't try to get more money out of me, nor did I try to get more out of the dealer.

Win - win. Now I'm flossin' in my new ride.
  • njkid2010njkid2010 Member Posts: 3
    Update: Got the 2011 G37x + black/wheat + premium package + upgraded wheels + wood accents + trunk mat/etc. for $34,500...Yipeeee!! Super excited...GREAT car...
  • terrorsterrors Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to lease an Infiniti g37x + premium pkg. I am getting a vpp code plan a. will the price be the same everywhere and what is the best monthly price paying just taxes and fees up front
    No aero package( ugly) :D and is 2011
    re: Infiniti price increases:
    http://www.nissannews.com/newsrelease.do?id=2207&mid=

12.23.2010 , FRANKLIN, Tenn.
    Infiniti Announces Interim U.S. Pricing Action

Infiniti today announced an interim price increase on 2011 models, effective immediately. The price increases include $450 USD for the G25 Sedan, $350 USD for the G37 Sedan, $450 USD for the G37 Coupe and $500 USD for the G37 Convertible. The price of the new IPL G Coupe, which went on sale earlier this month, remains unchanged. Infiniti M models increase by $550 USD, EX35 increases $400 USD and QX56 models increase by $650 USD. The Infiniti FX35 increases by $450 USD and the FX50 by $550 USD.

Model-by-model files available at the link above.
  • zbymydzbymyd Member Posts: 2
    Here's my purchase on 12/30 using VPP:

2011 G37x AWD Sedan - Graphite Shadow/Graphite
    Premium Package - Splash Guards - Trunk Mat/Net/First-Aid Kit

MSRP - $40,040
    Invoice - $36,886
    Selling Price - $32,964
    OTD - $36,000 flat

Selling price is great. Local tax sucks. But still an excellent deal overall.
  • saratoga3saratoga3 Member Posts: 16
    hello group
    would anyone be able to speculate on the pricing of the 2011 models once the new 2012's show up at the dealerships in the Fall?
    I am new here and have just started my research into a new car, the G is on my list.

Thanks in advance
    Curious how you got such great pricing on VPP. The VPP sample pricing on the VPP website shows a total savings of $5415 off MSRP, and it appears you saved an additional $1661 on top of that. Did you do any further negotiations after telling the dealer you were going to use VPP? Do you know what additional incentives or bonush cash the dealer gave - and did you have to ask for this?

In what area is your dealer loacated?
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
  • zbymydzbymyd Member Posts: 2
    Yes, this is the result of negotiation and comparison shopping. There are a number of dealerships in the neighborhood of NYC. Not sure of their holiday incentives. But they all made the last effort to boost the sales of 2010.
    edited January 2011
    I was under the impression there was not much room (if any) for negotiation under VPP. I got a pretty good deal as it were since the amount came in about $600 less than what was shown on the VPP website, so I did not bother trying to negotiate lower. I suppose it wouldn't have hurt to ask, but I didn't as I was also operating to make this as hassle free as possible. Good job!
  • devildevil Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

Just got G37 Sport+Premium+Nav package in Los Angeles area on December 31. I also got Infiniti 0.9% financing for 36 months. I did NOT use VPP.

MSRP: $42,075
    Negotiated Price: $36,387
    +
    Sales Tax: $3,553
    +
    Doc Fee: $55
    +
    Reg/Lic. Fees: $512
    ==============
    Total: $40,507

The dealer I got the car from is not participating in Amex Auto Purchasing (aka Zag program). However, they agreed to match the price on my Zag.com printout ($36,387 before TTL). Other two dealerships that were supposed to participate in AMEX program refused to sell me the car for $36,000 so basically I didn't have much choice (excluding an option of waiting for another few months, of course :)). Based on other dealers' reaction to my offer I thought this was a pretty good deal - obviously it could have been even better in case of using employee purchase program.
  • moonsky1moonsky1 Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2011
    Bought a 2011 G37 sedan with premium and navigation packages before the end of the year. The car also came with illuminated kick plates and cargo net+trunk mat+first-aid kit. I bought it in a San Francisco Bay Area dealership.

MSRP: $40,470
    Negotiated Price: $34,859 (before TTL)

I didn't use any of car buying services. I got quotes using truecar.com, but I ended up buying my car at another dealership that agreed to match the lowest quoted price (and has the package and color combo I wanted in its lot). Also, I got the 0.9% APR financing from Infiniti Financial Services.
  • saratoga3saratoga3 Member Posts: 16
    I am looking for some advice on the CPO program and what can I expect to pay for the basic 6 yr 100k warranty. Any good/bad experience with this program?
  • namenamenamename Member Posts: 2
    Bought a brand new 2011 G37X sedan with premium and nav on 12/31/10. Paid $36,700 OTD including 3% VA sales tax. Had gotten several email quotes and the dealer I chose beat the best one by $200. Happy with all aspects of the purchase. It also helped that the dealer worked with me on my trade.
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    So is MSRP around 42 grand for that car? So then did you pay about 35g plus TTL?? That sounds like an amazing deal if so! :shades:
  • namenamenamename Member Posts: 2
    MSRP was $41,890
    Paid $35,200 + $1,500 tax/title/reg/fees
    Yes, amazing deal on an awesome car. The salespeople were helpful and I couldn't have asked for a better overall buying experience. There were no surprises and they delivered exactly as-promised.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    You got a great price, great salespeople....why don't you help everyone out here and post the city and name of dealer? If you look on this page near the comment box it states that it is perfectly ok to post this info. I just am amazed that people post all these deals and fail to inform others where they got them. Saying a New York area or Chicago area dealer is crappy as in large metro areas there are usually at least 4-6 Infiniti dealers.
    Or better yet, post a scan or photo of your sales order. There are a lot of variables across different states and different dealers, and even across specific deals on a given day that will probably not happen again. Besides, you know the old internet forum unwritten rule of: no pics, didn't happen.
  • erical62477erical62477 Member Posts: 11
    Looking at a new 2010 G37, Lakeshore Blue. Has premium and sports package. MSRP is $40.1K. Was given the price of $34K plus TTC. Is this a good price? Having a hard time trying to figure out 2010 prices.
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    That's a nice color but people are getting 6-7g off 2011's so I think you should shoot for a bigger discount, especially since there's a $3000 rebate, unless you are really hooked on the dealer and the color and equipment. Good luck!
    Thanks. What would be a good price that I should offer then (plus tax, tag, title). I'm having a hard time trying to do this.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    You probably could do better in Dec. If you can get another 1K off, I think it's really good.

Personally, I don't just look at those 1 or 2 extreme deals b/c the dealer might just take a loss to meet the quantity to make a certain bonus.
    I think you are right about December. The one dealer said the $3K ended 12/31. Right now it's just $1K dealer cash and $500 customer cash. I was quoted higher for a 2011 model that didn't have the sports package, so I guess even at $34K, it's a decent price. I just feel like I can not take the first price I'm given.

Plus... I'm a female and I feel like they think they can get more from me. :)
    3K should be still available base on edmunds. Also, price depends on your location as well. Price is usually cheaper in the Northeast or CA.
    I'm in Tampa.... so not CA or northeast.

I just realized the 2010 is Lakeshore Blue and not Blue Slate, so I think I'm now going to have to look at a 2011. Amex pricing with premium package on a 4DR is $33,780. Do I have much wiggle room from there? It shows the $500 incentive and talks about the $1,000, but I don't see it as a reduction in my cost.
  • saibersaiber Member Posts: 3
    Are people really getting 6-7g off MSRP since 2011 since January 1st? If so, what should I do to get such a deal. Any help would be most appreciated.

I used true car and have emailed a few dealers.

The best I've been able to get is 5k off.

g37x (with premium package)

msrp 39875
    Invoice 36896
    Offer from dealer (whom I emailed) about five thousand off of MSRP
    Today I was quoted $33.1K (plus TTL) on a $38,790 MSRP G37 sedan with premium package, kick plates, trunk mat and net...

I'd like to go lower, just don't really see it happening.

Hoping for more insight from others.
    edited January 2011
    Well, sometimes it depends on when you want to get the car. If you want to get the car now, you can visit a couple dealers and go with the best deal. If you can wait for a couple months, you can just do multiple shopping until you know that it's the lowest price you can get.

A couple deals that some people got here are crazy and you probably will not be able to find. Your deal is $2600 under invoice which I think is really good. The chance that you will get lower than that is probably small.
  • hangoverhangover Member Posts: 6
    Can some let know if this the best price for G37x AWD in NJ

G37x AWD with premium Package + navigation

MSRP 41K

invoice : 35900
    Out the Door price : 38900

Can some help me out please
    Your numbers are wrong. The MSRP should be around 42K and invoice = $38,600.

38900 OTD = ~36K +TTL or almost 3K under invoice
    I was offered 38,900 OTD. I still have the numbers with me.
    Sorry, I don't mean that the offer is wrong...just the MSRP and the invoice.
    Can you please let me know if this is a good deal to Buy one