Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gmoralesgmorales Member Posts: 8
    I have decided to make offers for the Sedan and Coupe to local dealers in Texas. All I have is sunroof, splashguards, body side molding, and trunk mat.

Sedan - 27,000 + TTL
    Coupe - 31,000 + TTL

What do you guys think?
  • shiroinushiroinu Member Posts: 2
    I am in Los Angeles area. I would like to get a G35 sedan w/ navigation.. how much do you like I will need to pay out the door? I got a price quote on a base model sedan for 32k.
  • asingh80asingh80 Member Posts: 32
    guys i need some help deciding if i can afford the 2007 g35....details below:

2007 G35 AWD
    premiuim
    nav
    wood trim
    splash guards

Price: $38540 after negotiation

downpayment: $10,000
    sales tax: 6%
    title and license: not sure how much, should be around $160

i would like to keep my monthly below $550 for a 60 month period. when i run the estimate payment calculator on infiniti site i use

$38,540 (MSRP)
    $160 (title& license)
    $23,12.4 (salestax)
    6% (finance rate)
    = $40440 as estimated selling price
    $10,000 as downpayment

giving me a monthly of $599!

what's the best way to bring down the monthly (if possible)? any advice on increasing downpayment, looking for better finance rates, neogotiating further etc will be helpful.....what matters to me is your opinion on this, even if it's waiting for the price to come down...

TIA
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Based upon your scenario you need a downpayment of
    $11,992 to get a monthly payment of $549.98.
    sorry guys, made a mistake while calculating the selling price it should be what's mentioned now in bold....thanks

guys i need some help deciding if i can afford the 2007 g35....details below:

2007 G35 AWD
    premiuim
    nav
    wood trim
    splash guards

Price: $38540 after negotiation

downpayment: $10,000
    sales tax: 6%
    title and license: not sure how much, should be around $160

i would like to keep my monthly below $550 for a 60 month period. when i run the estimate payment calculator on infiniti site i use

$38,540 (MSRP)
    $160 (title& license)
    $23,12.4 (salestax)
    6% (finance rate)
    = $41012 as estimated selling price
    $10,000 as downpayment

giving me a monthly of $599!

what's the best way to bring down the monthly (if possible)? any advice on increasing downpayment, looking for better finance rates, neogotiating further etc will be helpful.....what matters to me is your opinion on this, even if it's waiting for the price to come down...

TIA
  • poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    One of the dealers in the valley is selling/advertising 3, $35,800 ones for $30,000 each or lease with $1500 DO for $367 a month. We are not allowed to put names here, but you can email me. (I am not in any form or shape affiliated with them or any Infiniti anything other than I bought my car from them)
  • abraindrainerabraindrainer Member Posts: 312
    By the end of the model year there is little reason to believe that '07 would not sell at $2k under invoice! ;) Frankly, '06 models were selling at $3k below invoice this fall and IMHO the '07s are not such a huge improvement or movement up-market to justify the higher prices over the longer term. Look at it this way: it took less than a month to drop the first $1k!

Listen to what others are paying and not what stealerships tell you!
  • yogiowneryogiowner Member Posts: 117
    the only way to lower your monthly payment, all things being equal is to lower the price of the car.

it's also the best way....

I would check other dealerships or like someone else suggested, wait until the price drops a bit....i've seen that car packaged the way you mentioned at an MSRP of 39K.

IMHO, Once you buy the premium package and navigation system, you shouldn't have to incur an additional cost for wood trim. the splash gaurds/mud flaps are included already.....

just my IMHO....
    Hello Guys:

sometime ago, I mentioned that I believe there is some price fixing (collusion) among the dealers to keep the price of particular cars (in my case the infiniti) up. A fellow poster and reader did not believe my conclusion or position was a realistic one.

I've recently found a public document, where some dealers in the east coast (new jersey and new york) were sued in a class action suit for price fixing. apparently these particular dealers agreed to keep the price of a popular luxury car up, so customers who lease or purchase that particular current model (at the time) got ripped off.

If you do a google search, you will find it. I will not be specific for legal reasons.

That's all I wanted to say....I still think there needs to be a large legal consumer advocacy group for car buying consumers..

Thanks!
  • evergreenevergreen Member Posts: 213
    poorprof.... When you say "valley," do you mean the Willamette valley in western Oregon, I wish?
    Hi Shiroinu:

THe dealership is in the San Fernando Valley and its called Miller infiniti (millerinfiniti.com). Talk to their Internet Manager and go to their site you will see all the details. Tell them you saw it here to boost the board! :-)
  • trewquistrewquis Member Posts: 30
    I've just run into some problems with my current vehicle (187K miles so not unexpected), so I'm starting to think about the replacement. I'm interested in the couple with manual trans and premium package and I don't care if it is '06 or '07. I'm confused by all the lease talk and in any event wish to purchase. I also see talk below about many thousands below invoice but I assume this refers to '06 sedans. So any help would be appreciated in figuring out what a reasonable expectation for the price should be.

Thanks.
    now that is interesting.....btw i tried searching for the public article but wasn't able to locate it through google....perhaps i am using the wrong keywords....on the other hand i personally feel the price should more or less be set by the consumer....if the consumer is well informed they will never pay more than what the product is worth....now we can debate endlessly as in what's the worth of each product....i am learning that "patience is a virtue"! ;)
    thanks yogiowner for the advise, i think i'll wait for the price to come down.....if it takes too long then i might have to switch to some other brand....i don't want to pay more than 2-3% over the invoice!
    guys:

i know i promised to go away and get the audi. but i just got a quote of just under $29K for the base model with a sunroof. three other dealerships say they can't match the price and i should be wary. i saw the car, drove it and ran the VIN number. so far, i've not found any problems.

please, please, please help....am i missing something here?
    rsivarajan,

Congratualtions on your new ride. Please can you share out the door (OTD) price in your case. I am looking for exactly the same package. It'll be really helpful if you could give a break up of all the costs involved including tags, title, license etc.

Did you get it financed from the dealer? If yes, how much interest rate did they charge?

TIA
    In LA, CA, you can buy one with premium package (MSRP = $35,800) for $30,000 or lease with $1500 and $367 a month.
    thanks poorprof,

i am looking to buy a 2007 model, i hope the price you mentioned is for the 2006. please can u confirm

TIA
  • gssethigssethi Member Posts: 25
    Thats an OK deal. I have a quote of ~28k for the 06 base w/ only sunroof.

So nothing to worry about if you are happy with the 29k price on the 06 base w/ sunroof only
  • desidoggdesidogg Member Posts: 26
    Hey guys.... I paid sticker price, 39,700 in Houston TX. I got the dealer to scrounge up free window tint and throw in an $100 gas card. I didnt really want the tech option package but I wanted a black car with black leather and that is a rare combo...
    Ah! My mistake. The 07 my buddy got had a MSRP of $35,800 also (Journey and sunroof and mud flaps). We got it for $470 a month plus tax with min drive off and 5 refundable sec deposit (36 months with 12k miles). I think we could have gotten lower payments but he didnt want the extra 3 months. He is now thinking about a M45 "for his wife"!

We were there today with a coworker and we got a sweet deal on a 06 FX35. They sold two G35s (one 06, one 07) in the one hour we were there. This Board has been extremely helpful!
    thanks! my price is actually just over $28,800 plus b.s. doc fees and dmv fees that they won't move on. i'm considering calling the state's attorney general, before i pick up the car, to force them to move on these ridiculous fees.

they seem annoyed that they have to honor the price and no other dealer in the area will match the price. they weren't particularly accomodating when i went there again today to test drive the car and inspect it in the daylight. I took a financial whiz friend with me, who has purchased at least five vehicles in his life.

Of course, they are trying to sell me all kinds of insurance plans: tire protection, factory extended warranty (i may buy that one), simonizing, dents and dings protection, vehicle replacement, remote ignition start ($595), LoJack (I think I can buy this separate from them).

But they won't tell me what type of mechanic or dealership services they provide to their customers. It's really pissing me off...

i'm supposed to pick up the car on tuesday. however, i'm going to try another dealer (to see if they will price match) and see if i can get better service.

why is this so doggone difficult?
  • lookingaroundlookingaround Member Posts: 13
    I am a first time car buyer in CA and would appreciate any help. I am looking at buying an 07 Journey with premium and navi package. What price should I hold firm at? What other fees should I expect to pay for? Are there any warranties that are worth getting. Anything else I missing? Should I be looking to make a better deal on an 06?
    Thanks for any help you can offer?
    Walk in...Settle on a price (i think you have on 28.8k). Tell them you will only pay 28.8k + TTL (none of that b.s. doc fees or anything extra). Tell them you might be interested in that extended warranty and discuss about that with your friend infront of them.

Make it sound like you want the extended warranty but at the last moment have your friend talk you away from getting it.

At that point, if the dealership refuses to sell the car, just get up and WALK Away. TRUST ME ON THIS, Just WALK UP. You WILL get it for 28.8k + TTL only.

I am trying to haggle them down to ~26.5-27k here for a base + sunroof only and I know I will get it.

The dealership I went to today had ~15 2006 standing in line and this being the last weekend before the $2500 rebate on 2006 expires, they will do anything to get them out before the 30th.

Anyone knows if Infiniti is going to come out with any other rebate for December ? I want to take the risk and walk in in the first week of December for the 06 model....
    Last month, I priced out '06 G35x: $3k below invoice (+TTL only) was pretty doable but with some effort. I am sure it is easier now that '07s are here. FYI: Walking in was a complete waste because best prices are typically accessed online.

I concur with GSSETHI: December pricing is only likely to drop but the inventory/selection will too.

I am probably going to to get Mazdaspeed6 because I want a bit more driver invlovement...
    thanks! I am going to finish everything up on tuesday, one way or another. i've a signed sales contract for $29.3k after taxes and b.s. fees (350) that they won't move on. On tuesday if they don't move on it, I will walk out and I will go to the other dealer, that I believe will move on those fees.

I've done most of this online; I started this odyssey and quickly realized that a lone woman in a dealership was considered fair prey. So i went onllne and hid my identity and nationality. I used my business background and common sense. I also found that many dealers would not do business with me, using the same approach in person. So again, I went on line. I think my mistrust of them has made it more difficult than it should have been.

Thanks again...guys. I've other questions that pertain specifically to the car, i'll post it in another subject title

Happy holidays!! :)
    How do I ensure that the dealer makes certain that the following items are corrected on the car, before I take possession and give them the check?

1. Engine and Engine cooling: Malfunction indicator lamp withdiagnostic trouble code u1000 or u1010. stored in engine control unit. (NHTSA Item #10019293)

2. Trailer light wiring. (NHTSA

3. Exterior Headlights: Certain vehicles fail to comply with the veritical gradient and headlamp photometric values requirements of federal motor safety standard 108. The dealer will replace the headlmap Assemblies. The manufacturer has not yet provided an owner notification schedule for this campaign. Owners may contact infiniti.

Any thoughts?
  • rsivarajanrsivarajan Member Posts: 10
    My original post had the price I paid: MSRP - $700, which is essentially the destination charge. Given that I had to ship my car from the NE, I also saved about $500 more since the dealer waived the transportation charge.

As far as other fees, they did have a $100 "Dealer Fee" that they didn't budge on. I have heard of this "fee" being $350 and up to $600. I forget the other fees since... I still haven't gotten the car :cry: The long weekend slowed all the shipments down. I hope to get it Monday...
    gssethi,

I was not aware that there was a $2500 rebate for the 2006 models. Is this for the Sedan only or does this apply to the Coupe as well? I was not able to find this info on the internet or the Infiniti site. Thanks.
    Good dealerships will do those things during prep but most will not unless you remind them to make sure all of that crap is done. In either case, you can have all this done when a dealership does your oil change.... in the future.

Typically, you will have to wait to get your car (a day or two) or you take it home that day and bring it back for detailing anyway.
    $2500 Rebate is from Infiniti to Dealers on 2006 Sedans only. It expires on 11/30/2006. No Special financing on Sedans.

There is a $1000 Marketing support from Infiniti on 06 Coupe expiring on 11/30/2006 also. Also, the coupe has special 1.95% APR financing.

Dont know if there will be any rebate in December or not.
  • phairphairphairphair Member Posts: 39
    I'm looking for pricing experiences on any configuration of the new '07, sedan or coupe.

Specifically how close to invoice you were able to get, not including credit for a trade in, etc.

The Edmunds tracker is showing that people are paying exactly MSRP, and I'm sure that's not right (I hope).

Is this car sufficiently hyped that dealers are getting sticker?
    Thanks for the info again. I tried to contact a dealership and run these rebate and discounts on G35 Sedans or Coupes and they said outside of the low financing they are not aware of the other two savings. They said that these things aren't applicable to any deals.

Can you let me know how I can get them to at least consider the $2500 rebate or $1000 off the Coupe? Is there a site that states these values besides forums. Thanks.
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    gmorales, I think you need to approach the car buying process in a different way. As long as those rebate or cash offer not offer directly to the consumer, dealer will try to wiggle out of giving it to the buyer. As a buyer, the leverage we have is the knowledge and other dealers in your area. So instead of trying to "convince" this dealer that they have those rebate etc (and those are only for 06. Nothing for 07 right now), just go to the next dealer to see what deal they can get you (emails work great for me). S. Cal is always a stand by if you are in the west coast and willing to travel. At end of 03, I shopped for an 04 Accord for my kids in N. California for 1000 below invoice by sending out e-mail to about 15 - 18 dealers in N. Cal. And I bought myself another 04 Accord in Tucson for invoice. And you probably guessed that Tucson only has two Honda dealer and Phoenix only has 4 dealers. And AZ reduced the tax for value of the car that one trade in. So the tax saving make going to S. Cal not worth it.
  • robertmorenorobertmoreno Member Posts: 1
    I got the new 07 g35 sedan for 1,500 off MSRP... I got the Premium Package (no navigation or xm). 18" wheels in liquid platinum for $34.9k ish (I think) I can't remember the exact amount. The total came out to $36,900. And I even got two free oil changes, two free car detailings, and free window tint. I will tell you, however, that I had a blank check through my credit union ready. I walked in with intentions of buying a black base model, but after the deal the dealer gave I budged and bought the higher priced model. AND GLAD I DID. just an FYI I beat a lexus is 350 at a little friendly race on the highway :-)
  • playacarguyplayacarguy Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up a 2007 G35 Journey with Premium Pkg and Sirius, Platinum Graphite with Black leather. After calling around to a few different S Calif dealers, Santa Monica agreed to sell me at $850 under MSRP, for a purchase price of $34950...I think I paid a few hundred more for mud flaps and a truck net.
    What they told me is this is the most they've discounted the 07 G since they started selling it. (who knows if totally true?) They told me because it was end of the month and they were having a slow Sunday, they decided to beat by $50 the best offer I got when starting to solicit bids through cars.com

Overall it was a very good experience. So far the car is great, drives perfectly. I wish Infiniti offered a course in how to use and work the gadgets!
    Are you looking to Get a 2006 or 2007 model ?

if 2006 Sedan, Take the invoice price and subtract $2500 from it and that should be the HIGHEST you should pay (+TTL).

if 2006 Coupe, Take the invoice Price and subtract $1000 from it (+TTL). For the Coupe, it is $1000 rebate OR SPECIAL APR - you cannot get both.

For the 2007 Sedan, best you can get is ~1500-2000 off MSRP and that is tough (depending on the inventory dealer has).

let me know if you have any more questions.

I will be purchasing a 06 Sedan w/ Package C in the next couple of days...just working on the price.
    Thanks again. I am only looking for a 2006 Sedan or Coupe, leaning toward the Coupe because of the financing option. I guess this pretty much counts me out for the $1000 rebate.

I still think that I should be able to get a Coupe for $31K with just a sunroof or $30K with no options, or a Sedan for $28K with just a sunroof or $27K with no options.

I figure that at this point that I am left with what ever colors the dealerships have since few have more than a few models left that fit my criteria.
  • topracertopracer Member Posts: 2
    A dealer told me they can offer me 3% above the invoice price. I am interested in a 2007 6MT, Prem Pack, Nav.
    MSRP: $37,400
    Invoice: $34,198
    +3%: $35,223
    That's the best deal I have so far.
  • nightflynightfly Member Posts: 3
    I just got a G35X with nav and premium packages. After working three different dealers over the internet, got $1500 off of the $39k MSRP for my combination of options, for a $37500 price.

This is in New Jersey, close to New York City.

Good luck.
  • shiroinushiroinu Member Posts: 2
    robertmoreno, re your msg on the deal you got on a new 07 g35 sedan for 1,500 off MSRP. Can you provide the dealership info? Thanks.
  • smokey100smokey100 Member Posts: 26
    I realize the G35 is a powerful car but mpg is still important, especially with rising gas prices, geo-political unrest, and the environment. I'd be interested in knowing what kind of mpg those lucky '07 owners are getting. Of course the moderators will want you to post under the Actual Mileage topic area. I'm asking here since everyone seems to ignoring that topic.
    Thanks,
    Smokey100
  • bornracerbornracer Member Posts: 11
    Hello All,

I was interested in the 07 G but was turned off by Southwest Houston dealership.

I live in North central Texas, yet on a holiday trip to Houston, I got the opportunity to drive the 07 G35s and loved it. They would not budge one bit on price.

I then got a referral to another dealership closer to where I live and in the process of working a reasonable discount, I kept getting calls from the dealer at SouthWest Houston Infiniti really pushing the car. Felt like a typical used car salesman tactic.

Bottom line is this dealership is slimy and has no moral character. I guarantee you that you will walk out of this dealership wondering if you had been in prison because you feel you got shafted some way and somehow.

-----
    Here are a few phone conversations for your reading pleasure.

conv1:

Dealer: "We have 22 on the lot and more arriving daily. So are you going to buy one?".

Me: "Not at sticker"

Dealer: " They will be at sticker for at least 9-12mo because they are flying off the lot."

Me: "So then why do you have 22 sitting there?"

Dealer: "Listen, if it is the payment, we can work something out. I can get you a sweet lease deal."

Me: " work out the numbers and get back to me."

a few hours later I get a call from the Dealer.
    conv2:
    Dealer: " okay, I can get you into the car for $680 a month for 42 months which is a really good deal."

Me: "Okay what is the cap cost, residual, MF"

Dealer: " cap cost is MSRP, residual is 50%, MF is 0.0485"

Me: " No thank you, I can get a better deal at another dealership. "

Dealer: "Who is it and how much are they giving you?"

Me: " I cannot divulge name but they are closer to where I live and they are giving me reasonable $ off unlike you guys."

Dealer: " well I know dealers in that area. they will screw you when you get there with fees, etc". He was really bad mouthing the other dealer.

Me: " They are a reputable dealership and there are no hidden fees."

Dealer: " Well I am not giving a discount. The car sells itself."

45minutes later SW Houston calls.
    conv3:
    Dealer: " My manager said he will beat their deal if you can send proof of the discount."

Me: " Man 9 months went by very quickly didn't it".

Dealer: " I need you to give me the other dealer's name and proof of deal"

I sent an email stating " I promised I would not divulge this info and I will not. I sent an except of the email showing the discount but took out the names to protect the innocent and basically told him, You will need to trust me."

THE NEXT THING I GET is an email from the discounting dealer bitching me out that they got a call from Southwest Houston Infiniti (they must have call every dealer in town) and bitched them out for discounting. They told the sales person they did not know how to sell cars at sticker and need to go to their dealership for training.

WHAT TACT. I would expect this from a Daewoo or Hyundai dealer and not a premium brand.

I sent an email to the SW Houston Infiniti dealer complaining about this salesperson. Do you think I got a call or return email? No.

Turns out the sales manager also called the other dealers to [non-permissible content removed] them out for driving price down so soon.

So you see, DO NOT PURCHASE FROM SOUTHWEST HOUSTON INFINITI. THEY ARE ROTTEN TO THE CORE!!!!
    I would send the dealer and salesperson info to the local Infiniti office or to their new U.S. headquarters in Nashville. Explain that their treatment of you has turned you off to the brand completely. They will take the complaint seriously.
  • chillstatuschillstatus Member Posts: 1
    topracer, can you give me info on where you got such an offer? I would jump on that in a heart beat.
    Yes. I'd like to know too. I'll fly there if necessary and drive back.
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    No lie! Count me in too. We should at least be able to get a group discount with the airlines.
  • nivlekgtnivlekgt Member Posts: 1
    I have had a love for the G35 coupe for several years now and since I've graduated from school and have a means to purchase one, I finally pulled the trigger! I was thinking about waiting for the '08 coupes to come out next summer but I would not be able to purchase it with the VPP discount for at least one more year. I started looking at purchasing a used one and just got hooked. About one month ago I found a '06 Ivory coupe w/ premium and aero from an individual in St. Louis off AutoTrader with only 2200 miles on it. I was able to purchase it for $31,200 + shipping and taxes. I am very happy with my G!
    Where ? Count me in also. Willing to fly and drive it back.
    Does anyone has any information on the rebate on the 2006 G35 sedan for December ?

The current $2500 cashback from Infiniti is expiring on 11/30/06 (tomorrow), so I was wondering as to what rebate Infiniti will come out for Friday (12/1/06) ?