Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dpierpointdpierpoint Member Posts: 4
    Hey underpar...firstly, congratulations on the purchase...hope you're enjoying the car (if you've received it yet). I'm also shopping in the Chicagoland area for a similarly configured car and have a couple of questions for you. Where did you end up purchasing from, and what sort of deal did they cut with you? Thanks in anticipation of a reply!
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    From what I know, the HD is a 30 GB drive which holds all of the NAV software and maps, the music box software, and then has 9 gb left for mp3 storage. Now, I haven't heard abuot anything yet where you can transfer the software to a larger HD (like the Tivo upgrades). I would be interested if anyone finds out about it though...especially if it is something simple that can be reversed before I have to turn in the vehicle at lease end ;)
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    I see alot of people are too concerned about how much over or under invoice they will be paying.... it not about invoice folks it is about the OTD price. You can have a dealer selling under invoice however by the time you are OTD it can be MORE than a dealer selling the exact same car over invoice OTD.
  • abraindrainerabraindrainer Member Posts: 312
    Folks, do not believe anything a sales person tells you. It is all sabre rattling.

Just make a reasonable offer via email to a few dealers.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I see alot of people are too concerned about how much over or under invoice they will be paying.... it not about invoice folks it is about the OTD price. You can have a dealer selling under invoice however by the time you are OTD it can be MORE than a dealer selling the exact same car over invoice OTD.

People like to talk about INVOICE b/c it's an easy comparison. We don't have the same tax rate and registration fees. I'm in PA, just outside of Philly, and my tax rate is 6% + about $120 registration fee. However, 20 miles away in NJ, they have 7% tax rate and about 300-400$ registration fee cuz their registration is good for 4 years.

I think people just need to look for those bogus fees. The OTD price should be: Selling price - Incentive + Tax + registration fee.
  • weinberkweinberk Member Posts: 13
    Very interesting that it's a 30gb. Any idea where it is physically located. Think I'm going to ask a service tech when I go to test today. Crazy that on a $40k car that they wouldn't spend an extra $20 to provide a larger hard drive!!

Also, do you know if there's a way to simply pull mp3's off of a DVD-ROM instead of having to rip off of cd? Can you transfer mp3's from CF card into the library?
  • wicarbuyerwicarbuyer Member Posts: 5
    Thats cool... I would like to know who you spoke to and what kind of a deal did you get?
    I tried to take quotes over e-mail, but they don't seem to answer properly to the e-mails.
  • jasonworthingjasonworthing Member Posts: 3
    Is anyone being offered or are purchasing an aftermarket extended warranty with these G35's?

On all but one of my prior vehicles I've gotten them and they have proven to pay for themselves usually toward the latter period of ownership but as a buyer that intends to have the car for 5-years or maybe a tad more this is something I have to also factor in to the OTD price.

I opted not to go with the aftermarket warranty on one vehicle in the past and regretted it when the service cost for other items began to appear after the factory warranty period was well and truly over.

Anyone out there purchased the extended? For how much and for how long?

responses appreciated.
  • virtkingvirtking Member Posts: 25
    I assume that by "aftermarket" you mean 3rd party provider. I had a policy from a 3rd party (Warranty Gold anyone?) I didn't need to use it, but knowing what happened, I decided if I get an extended warranty it will be backed by the manufacturer. I did it for our van and I also got Infiniti's Elite Extended Protection Plan 7/100/0 coverage for my '07 G35x. I raised the question with the dealer myself, but rejected their initial price (>>$2000). In the end I paid $1460. Hope this helps.
  • underparunderpar Member Posts: 6
    Motorwerks. Let me know if you would like me to give you the name of my sales guy. Great kid. I won't post it on here, though.
  • mez2mez2 Member Posts: 10
    I have been searching for a new car lease for a while. I have determined I wold like to lease the g35X with Navigation package. I have emailed a few dealers in the state and they are frustrating me. None of them are quoting anything but MSRP. I don't have the time or patience to haggle in a show room. Can anyone tell me what a good price for this vehicle would be. I want to get the lowest price so I can lease it...but when you tell them that they never come down on a price. I have been so frustrated with the so called "ONline" shopping. Lexus dealership won't leave me alone calls me all the time to come into the show room and they will work a deal out...they won't even give me prices. Getting the same feel so far from Infiniti dealers. OH well enough of my rant. ANy help would be great.
  • j88j88 Member Posts: 4
    Check out the specials at StevenInfiniti.com. You'll find an offer for $2K below MSRP on a 07 G35X with Prem & Nav.
  • abusymomabusymom Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Hubby and I want to buy a red G35 coupe sometime this year. What would a good strategy be to get the best price on "last year's" model. Should we check now for a 2006 or wait until summer for a 2007? Also, any advice on what we would hope to pay for coupe with AT and premium package?

Note: we are in the MW and could use Dreier & Reinbold in Indy, or Sam Swope in Louisville.--Or possibly others farther afield (Columbus, Cincinnati, Fort Wayne)

Thanks,
    Mom
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    I have friends in the Cincinnati area, who went to Louisville to get a better deal on an Infiniti..

Just anecdotal, but there you go...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    I know we're veering away from the "Price Paid" subject, but to answer the question at hand...

Keep in mind that the entire hard drive is not available to you, as it's used by the navi as well.
    You get 9.5 GB storage for your mp3's

MP3's cannot be pulled from a disc or card onto the drive, they need to be ripped from the original cd to the drive.
    Only the front disc drive can read MP3's, along with the card reader.
    The rear 6 disc changer does not read MP3's.

You can however, listen to Sat or FM/AM radio while ripping a disc to the drive.
    You can listen to the disc while ripping,or listen to something else, allowing for much faster rip times.

Still, with 9.5 GB storage on the drive, a card reader without limitation, a disc drive in the dash which supports MP3's and a 6 disc changer... you could drive to the moon and back and never hear the same song twice.
    :)
  • g35onrg35onr Member Posts: 2
    I recently bought a 2007 G35 Journey sedan. With moonroof and tire package. MSRP on kelley blue book is $34,000. Invoice is $31,250. I managed to get the car for invoice ($31,250). So I guess in this case it is possible to get invoice price. But keep in mind that this is a pretty stripped down journey sedan. A fully loaded sport package would probably be in high-demand, so dealers might want to stay close to MSRP. Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to get the G35 below invoice? If so, please provide the details, because a friend of mine might also want to buy one.
    If a trade was NOT involved you did well. If a trade WAS involved the price is meaningless.
  • g35onrg35onr Member Posts: 2
    Nope, there was no trade involved. I guess I just got lucky that the salesperson was a nice guy. Plus it was a sedan, with just 2 options on the car (moonroof and tire package).... so the demand for that car was not high. I did like the color (blue slate with graphite interior) I was listening to the other customers, they all wanted the G35 sport with premium and everything else. So in this case, I was not competing with any of the other customers.
  • kiki1234kiki1234 Member Posts: 3
    Hello, has anyone bought a 2007 G35x in the Seattle area? There are only two dealers in the entire state (and same owner too), and the salesperson that was "helping" me would only offer $500 off MSRP... Sounds like a rip off based on everyone else who has shared their experience here... Anyone in the Seattle area with better luck than me with the new G35x pricing? Thanks!
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Kiki

Not sure about Seattle, but I'm on the other end of the planet in MA.
    I only have one dealer in the state (75 miles away) and 2 other locations, in CT and RI.
    All of these dealers are offering some sort of discount on the G, until the Tech package is added.
    Then, they don't budge from MSRP.

I was told that Infiniti did not expect the popularity of the Tech package and enough cars were not made with the option.
    They are still playing catch up and until they do, don't expect anything much for a discount, if that package is requested.
    Thanks for your message. Guess I'm not facing the sole dealership problem... It's just the salesperson....

Just want an opinion... I'm interested in a G35X with just the premium package. Is it realistic to pay just $1000 invoice? Too little? Too much?

Thanks!
    From what I've seen I don't think that 1k over invoice is too much to ask for just a premium G35X. In fact, I bet you can probably do a bit better. Maybe $750 or $500 over even? It all comes down to inventory. Near the end of the month they will definitely be willing to move anything they have too much of. Are there other dealers you can check that are maybe not the closest to you, but close enough that it's worth the drive? When I was looking I was about to go out of state for mine but luckilly one popped up in more of a local market for me.
    Unfortunately, the dealership here hasn't been ordering too many new G35s... They had over 100 2006 G35s back in january, so they had to get rid of those first. But great tip! I'll check out the Portland inventory (it's probably 5 hours away...)
  • jmannixjmannix Member Posts: 12
    Going this Friday to a dealer that has a 2007 G35 with 6MT. { I would tell you the dealer's name but afraid someone will beat me to it!!!} The Sport and Sport 6MT are rare these days, all the models here are the all-wheel drive variety.
    This one has the colors I want, a premium package but with a spoiler [dunno about that] and splash guards. The price comes to about $1608 below MSRP totals found in the Infiniti web site. Seems like a good deal? Or am I dreaming?

Still unsure about that 6 speed though..but thats what this Friday is all about.
    Concentrate on the OTD price instead of soley on the vehicle price.
  • myboynoymyboynoy Member Posts: 6
    Just put in an order for 2007 G35X Sedan w/ Premium, cargo net, and splash guards. Total = $500.00 over dealer invoice. Should be getting it on Monday or Tuesday. I'll post again when I get the car.
    Correction: Car = 500.00 over invoice, Total (OTD) = ~$37500+
  • skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    myboynoy, for reference where (city, state) are you buying?
    Looking at the G35X....Loved it alot. Was given the following quote is it good or am I crazy
    MSRP $41,000 Sales Price $37,300 Prem with Tech and Nav Pkgs
    Lease payment for 39 months is $555 (Includes 7.25% tax) $885 out of pocket. 12K miles a year.
    Suggestions?
    PS Offered a m35X for $619mth 27/mths also.
    central jersey
    mez2, approximately how many miles per day do you drive on weekdays? weekends? A friend of mine leased a G35X back in '04 and his lease is almost up. He said it went by quickly.
    It would seem attractive, but I actually think that you can do better. See if you can get an exact breakdown of EVERYTHING. What exactly does the $885 out of pocket cover (1st month, tax, registration, doc fees, etc.) Are there any fees rolled into the cap cost. They may say that they are selling the car for 37300, but are they adding things like the acquisition fee into the cap cost? If I take the best numbers IFS is showing for a 36 month lease...I think that 39 month leases are good...the numbers aren't usually as good as 36 either. Anyway, IFS is showing .00211 Money Factor and 58% residual with 12k miles. I calculate your payment to be around $527/month INCLUDING tax for 36 months/12k per year.

I can't guarantee that they will give you those residual and MF numbers, but you can certainly ask. Ask your salesman what the exact MF and residual he is using to calculate the lease. Then someone can break it down and see if they are hiding any costs in there anywhere ;)
  • robotix1robotix1 Member Posts: 1
    I've been reading your posts and appreciate your input. I'm seeking advice on this deal,I intend to buy on Monday.Looking at leasing a 07 G35X with nav and tech package listed at 41K. Lease term 24 months/12K miles. Here is what they quoted: 589 p.m with 2 K down. Good deal? Bad deal? Can do better? Please please advise.

Many thanks. :confuse:
  • schaumboyschaumboy Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to buy a 2007 Infiniti G35 sedan AWD with nav and premium package also. But with no down for 36-39 months, 12000 - 15000. I would buy if lease deal is about $550/ month. Is that a good deal? Let me know how you do.
    :)
  • tmccarrontmccarron Member Posts: 4
    I'm currently deciding between an IS350 and a G35 coupe. So I went into Coconut grove Infinit in Deerfield beach, FL. After being immediately swarmed by sales reps, I found that I like the G35 sedan more than the coupe. Apparently it is completely redesigned in 07 and I like it a great deal. I talked to a rep and said i was interested in the sedan. We test drove it and it was nice. I was looking at a G35 sport w/ premium and nav. According to consumerreports.org, the dealers invoice for this is about $34,348 with an MSRP of $37,4.

So we sit at his desk to negotiate and he starts giving me BS about how these cars are going for above MSRP regularly. I refuse to make an offer on my part.. so he goes to the sales desk and comes back with MSRP as their offer.. I couldn't believe my eyes, I could barely choke back my laughter. After that I immediately knew I wouldn't be buying here since theyre trying to screw me directly off the bat. So I counteroffer 32,500.. the sales person balks and told me, "YOU CAN'T GET A G35 ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR THAT!!" After some more huffing and puffing, I tell him I'm matching one BS offer for another.. which he doesnt like but I tell him thats my offer, he goes to the managers desk for a while. After that, he doesnt come back, the sales manager does. He tells me my offer is very low and I told him I was matching a dumb offer with a lowball which he seems to understand. Shortly after this, my original salesman comes in and they start doing the "Good cop/bad cop routine." We meet around the middle at $34,700 before TTL.. I didnt care at this point what the price was because I knew I wasnt buying here, I just wanted my trades to be evaluated. After this, we start talking trades. I have a 1999 land rover discovery II loaded (95k miles) and a 2000 v6 mustang convert loaded (49k miles), both lien free. Now that we have a price set, they give me this cheeseball offer of 9k for the PAIR!! I was disgusted and about to leave.. they tried to get me to sit and explain what I thought was reasonable. I told them I wanted at least 12k for trades. The trade manager starts pulling up Manheim (spelling?) dealer reports of wholesale auction closes and spouting how these cars probably wouldnt get more than the minimum price fetched. I explain how my mustang has 49k miles and is worth at least 7,5k at individual auction on ebay or other similar place and how the land rover was worth 6k no matter what. After I was about to walk, all of a sudden they offer 11k for my trades. I suddenly realize if theyre willing to give me 2k more immediately, my instincts of getting at least 12k we on the money. After holding out for 12, they say they can't do it. I drive off.. they have called me twice after i left and once so far this morning.

Overall experience: 2/10
    Salesman experience: 1/10
    Lot evaluation: 3/10: every single vehicle on their lot has a dealer added pinstripe sticker added along the length of the car that they charge $700 for.

If you want an Infiniti in South Florida, goto miami or sawgrass.. to me these guys were just looking to squeeze money out of me any way possible. Please tell me how I did and if my price negotiation was decent for G35S coupe w/ premium & nav.. this is my first new car buying experience.. the only info I was going on was here and consumerreports.org
    From my experience so far you should be able to get this deal. If you are able to buy the Money factor down with security deposits this is the way to go. You should be able to do under $550/month. On the opther hand if you are able to wait a few months, the dealers around me think they will see wome promotions on these. Right now you can get the M35X loaded for LESS than the G35X on a 27 month lease, vs a 39 month lease for the G35X.
  • farmgirlfarmgirl Member Posts: 3
    Just bought our new G35X with tech package, Nav package, and preminum package. It is beautiful. The dealership had 3 with all 3 features, 2 sold in less than a week while we were waiting to make our decision. We wanted to use this dealership, which is very convenient and has a perk called 500 club which offers all free maintenance for 2 years, free oil changes for life of car, free car washes whenever you want, and detailing 1X per year for life of car. They think 500 club is worth 2500$ at least, :) over life of car. We paid 1350$ below MSRP for this car. Not feeling great about the deal, but it did seem this car was in demand. We live in NoVA, an affluent area, where many people drive a nice car and have too much money to spend on things like luxury cars. Just looking for comments about the deal and 500 club perk.
  • helmutrothhelmutroth Member Posts: 15
    I paid $500 above invoice which is about $3000 below MSRP for the same car in NY, no 500 club though.
    "I paid $500 above invoice which is about $3000 below MSRP for the same car in NY, no 500 club though."

Next time hold out for invoice... and never pay above!
  • helmutrothhelmutroth Member Posts: 15
    "Next time hold out for invoice... and never pay above!"

I thought I did well. I have not heard that anybody got the tech package at invoice.
  • courtney11courtney11 Member Posts: 77
    I have also been to Coconut Creek and left with a very bad taste in my mouth. Salesmen all over you, like they are doing you a favor. I to am looking at a G35 but in June. I will be going to Sawgrass, Palm Beach or Miami. Anyone has to be better!!! Stay away from Coconut Creek.
  • skurnyskurny Member Posts: 8
    I live in Southern California and was just quoted $38,500 out the door for a 07 Journey with Premium, Navigation and Tire / Wheel Package. Is this a good price?
  • murrowmurrow Member Posts: 72
    I also tried dealing with Infiniti of Coconut Creek. What a sleazy bunch. I tried dealing online, and it was a nightmare. It always boiled down to "call me" or "stop by." When I finally DID get them to give me a quote, it was ridiculously high. And you won't believe the silly video e-mails the internet sales people send. They're on a webcam reading from an "insert customer's name here" script. I truly don't get the point. Then, for weeks later, they'll send you form-letter follow ups.

Just a heads up -- I believe Sawgrass is owned by the same people as Coconut Creek.
  • spyderredspyderred Member Posts: 138
    Without knowing all the specifics about your deal, it is hard to tell. However, typically in California, the way I figure it is that selling price of car + 9.5%-10% of selling price of car = Out The Door total. The 9.5% -10% is for: tax 7.75% or 8.25% depending on county residing in, license, $45 doc fees, $8.75 tire waste disposal fee. Seems like a decent deal about $1,000 over invoice.

Do you mind sharing your details to determine how much over invoice you paid for the car?

Spyder.
  • mrg2mrg2 Member Posts: 29
    I've been considering buying the same car/options as farmgirl (except a Sport model vs. AWD) and have been to the same dealership. They haven't been willing to go below MSRP with the 500 Club promo deal. As a matter of fact, they keep telling me that the 500 Club promo has gone away, even though it keeps showing up in their advertising. Based on my experience in the this area, you got a good deal with those options. Any thoughts on the value of the free service for 2 years? That is really the primary value of the 500 club as far as I'm concerned. They say it pays for Factory Maintenance (according to the Severe driving maintenace in the manual). I noticed in the car manual that there are 3 levels of service: I, II, and premium. Has anyone looked at the these in depth? I've never seen "premium" level maintenance listed before.
  • jmannixjmannix Member Posts: 12
    Sounds like great purchase farmgirl....in negotiations now. walked away from an '07 Sport model 6MT, mainly because of the all the flack regarding the clutch but now aiming for a 5AT Sport...where did you purchase if I may be so bold?
  • skurnyskurny Member Posts: 8
    thanks for the response. Yes, it is $1000 over invoice. I live in L.A. County so tax is 8.25% I have not purchased it yet as I want to make sure this is the best I can do. Outside of tax, I didn't get a breakdown for the rest of the fees yet. I just told him I wanted the OTD price.
    Infinity of Chantilly, Va
    Dealership never mentioned that the 500 Club promo is going away. The car manual and nagivation manual are so huge that we've only gotten through a small portion of them so haven't read anything about 3 levels of service. Will take a look.
  • crazyyakoocrazyyakoo Member Posts: 13
    Hello,

I went to a dealership in NJ to get a quote on the following:

2007 G35x (Black Obsidian)
    Premium / Navigation / Wood / Splash Guards / Cargo Net
    MSRP $39,540
    Invoice $36,118

$0 down, $1600 total out of pocket (TTL, 1st month)
    15k miles/year
    $519/mo + tax

Is this a decent deal? I was hoping for a number under $500/mo all in. The only basis for comparison is the '05 FX that I lease for $480/mo (paid $2800 out of pocket back then) for a $40k+ MSRP

Thanks!