Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    tga01tga01 Member Posts: 69
    If this is for a 39 month lease, which it probably is, and the $519 is before tax, you are probably looking at a selling price of about 37,500 which is about $1400 over invoice. You should be able to do better. I would shoot for about 498 before tax, which comes out to about 533 with NJ tax. This is based on a sales price of 600 over invoice.
  • Options
    sweetgsweetg Member Posts: 1
    Skurny,

$38,500 seems like a great deal. I have been looking for g35 journey with the same options as you described in so cal and the best deal I was offered was $40,700 OTD. Even at $40,700, I was told that I have to wait about 2 weeks for car to arrive (I wanted blue slate with graphite/washi interior). The dealer also offered me $39,700 OTD if I am willing to order the car and wait for 90 days to arrive. Would you please let me know the dealership that offered you $38,500 OTD deal? I promise you I won't grab the car you intend to purchase. Thank you.
  • Options
    hef123hef123 Member Posts: 1
    How much of a discount should I look for on a demo with 3k miles? It is the Premium package. I was quoted a couple of hundred over invoice. I thought I should at least get an invoice price or below.
  • Options
    skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    hef123, I have the same question. I drove a car today that had 720 miles on it. They're trying to pass it off as a "new" car. Is there a rule of thumb to how much early mileage depreciates a car? How does one factor this in to an offer?
  • Options
    mathew1mathew1 Member Posts: 42
    I would think about it from your perspective. How much do you value the feeling that you are the only one who drove the car and it is brand new. That would be the case if the car has less than 10 miles. When buying a 35000$+ car, I personally value that a lot and would not compromise for few hundreds of $. It has to be worth at least $1000+ to make up the difference as even under IRS rules they pay 45c per mile -:) (excluding gas but up front depreciation is high)

Bottomline is if dealer pretends that this is a new car, I would walk away to another dealer and car. If they are willing to negotiate in good faith, then you should consider. And note that this first 720 miles would be very harsh driving as the driver had not owned the car long term.

--Mathew
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I would not expect too much money off for a 720 miles car especially at this early introduction stage (dealer traded). I got my car at around 130 miles cuz the dealer need to get from an out of state trade.

However, for a 3K miles, you might be able to negotiate a little better...but it's all depends on how many buyers they have in the parking lot. IMO
  • Options
    malumakanmalumakan Member Posts: 16
    Where you planning to get the car from? Is it in NY or NJ? i got my G35X with navi and tech package with wood interior for 39000. The dealership also threw in the cargo net, wheel lock and splash guard.
  • Options
    kring5kring5 Member Posts: 144
    with 720 miles, you should get the car below invoice, maybe $500-$1000 below invoice. you should also get a full explanation of WHY the car has that many miles... was it a loaner or just used by a salesman?

Typically salesman are good to the cars and drive them respectfully otherwise they get their butt's handed to them.

But loaner... well their loaners and probably have as many booger on the side of the seat as it does miles on the car... so based on their explanation should dictate price.
  • Options
    myboynoymyboynoy Member Posts: 6
    "But loaner... well their loaners and probably have as many booger on the side of the seat as it does miles on the car..."

HAHA. That was amazing.
  • Options
    skurnyskurny Member Posts: 8
    Just picked up the car yesterday from South Bay Infiniti. The General Manager was great to work with. Drove the car to work this morning and didn't even mind the traffic on the 405....
  • Options
    jasonworthingjasonworthing Member Posts: 3
    ("Typically salesman are good to the cars and drive them respectfully otherwise they get their butt's handed to them.")

I dunno about that either, when I was younger I worked at a dealer for a year and I had some friends that still do, I recall and still hear of salesmen taking new cars for the weekend, lunch, etc and sometimes just spankin' them. Saw it quite a bit where I used to work...granted that was 15-years ago but I still hear stories today.
  • Options
    hope3702hope3702 Member Posts: 15
    I am looking at Premium with Nav and wood...I have four payments of current lease for 490 that Infiniti would absorb (or I pay which I'm sure is the same)...I was quoted a car 2,000 out of pocket...550 a month...Is this good?...Or should it be less...
  • Options
    triple_7triple_7 Member Posts: 63
    Now that you know no one will take your car, can you post the specifics of your deal. have been pricing the G the last few weeks. I also live in so cal and 38,000 OTD seems like a great price out her for the prem. and the nav. have found that the nav is not that available. i have shopped a few dealer- cerritos, irvine and monrovia. looks like I should have called south bay first. :mad:
  • Options
    go4g35go4g35 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at a G35S with Prem. Pkg, NO Nav with 4800 miles. Their initial phone quote is $35,100 plus TTL. What do you think I should aim for? any thoughts...
  • Options
    urirx98urirx98 Member Posts: 51
    Well like the few that had bad experiences who went to Coconut Infiniti, i feel what your sayin. I do agree that they have lots of people and swarm you when you enter but if you watch teh show KING OF CARS about a dealership in Las VEgas, thats exactly how they are. They were very nice and ofcourse did play the good cop/bad cop routine, with the bad cop being the Sales Manager who comes over after u make 2 rediculously low balled offers. I on the other had a friend who does leases in NY and called a guy he knows at Sawgrass Infiniti and got a decent lease offer on a G35 Journey, premium with Navi, 18 inch tire package for 525 ( tax included) plus 1300 OOP. I eventually agreed to a little less then that but rolled the 1300 and last month of my of my MDX ( 599) into the payments and ended up with a final payment of 560 with 500 out of pocket ( that is it) and that included them changeing over my plated from my MDX to the G ( i have vanity plates).

Overall i think i had a pretty good experience at the dealership. They even let me take a FX45 home to drive becauae i was thinkin of leasing one of them 1st. THey let me take it home to show my wife teh color. It was the orangey rust color. NOt that persuaded me to lease from them, but i feel i got a decent deal on a prety new car. Only other optioon was the Tl Type S that i could have had for 530 sign and drive. To bad it probably will be redisigned next year.
    wg
  • Options
    bobzgbobzg Member Posts: 6
    The clutch isn't that bad. It's different from other makes, but is similar to previous Z's. After a week with a G35, my Civic's clutch seems like the strange one. It just engages low to the floor

I got the 6 Speed Sport w/ everything, $41K OTD w/ 500 club.
  • Options
    ocg35manocg35man Member Posts: 52
    I don't know where you are located,but in some areas it is possible to get brand new 07 G35 for $500 to $800 over invoice. Pretty sooon probably for even less than that.
    Considering 4800 miles on it, I wouldn't pay more than
    $1500 to $2000 below invoice.

good luck
  • Options
    sorry for not responding sooner. I payed a little over $38,000 OTD. 2007 G35 Sedan, Premium, Navigation and tire package. I dealt directly with the GM. He told me to send him referrals so if you want to get in contact with me I can give you my name / his name.....
  • Options
    fabian43fabian43 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Skurney, I live in Socal and would like to get your name and the GM's name of South Bay Infiniti. The deal you got was really good, I'm happy for you. Hopefully I can get a similar deal. Did you have to order and wait for the car or did you take one off of the lot? Did the GM sound as though your referrals could get a similar deal? Thanks a bunch.
    -Fabian
  • Options
    I waited a day for the car. The GM told me to send him referrals and he would treat them right.....can't guarantee same price but you should be able to get a good deal. If you would like to make your email available via your profile I will send you all the details.
  • Options
    Ok, I just made my email available. I appreciate any info you could give me so that I am better prepared when going into the dealership. Also I am debating between the '07 G35 and '06 M35. I realize that the M and G are two different cars but I can't make up my mind about what is more important to me. For example:
    G35: Pros - great value, fast and fun to drive
    Cons - small interior space for me

M35: Pros - stylish and spacious
    Cons - about $6-10,000 more comparably equipped.

Any suggestions to help me narrow down my decision?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    How much room do you need? :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    go4g35go4g35 Member Posts: 4
    Couldn't have said better! G35 vs M35; I am debating the same. If I buy M35 then it is going to be used and around $35k.
    Can any one post further thoughts on this?
  • Options
    iceman2011iceman2011 Member Posts: 12
    Anyone in chicago recommend any dealers and ppl for a G35sport auto,blk on blk with premium and spoiler
  • Options
    souji3souji3 Member Posts: 9
    If you don't mind, could you email me the manager and info too? Thanks!
  • Options
    I do not have a family and truth be told I usually dont carry many people BUT I do like roominess ( I currently own a Toyota Highlander suv). I plan on keeping this new vehicle for at least 5 years so space is important. I really like all of the features of the G35 and would buy it today but the lack of interior space of the car (compared to M35) worries me. Am I overstating the roominess of the M35 when compared to the G35? Can anyone give me their opinion of whether the M35 is really that much bigger inside? Ive already read
  • Options
    tga01tga01 Member Posts: 69
    You can check out the specs at Edmunds. On the Exterior, the M is about 5 inches longer and 2 inches wider than the G. Interior wise, looks like the M gives you about 2.5 inches in added shoulder room, with the other dimensions (hip, head, leg room) being about a wash.
  • Options
    Dont leave me out of this possible deal, had a work related conference so was unable to log on today. any info. will be appreciated. The more prepared one is when contacting dealers the better chance one has to get a great deal. From the responses you've gotten, you must know that it was a good deal you got out here in socal where the taxes are 8.25%+ -

please confirm, but I think you originally mentioned you paid $1000 over invoice. email is available and congrats your new ride. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    If room is important to you, then by all means, go check out the two vehicles.. Drive them both, and sit in them in the showroom.

I certainly wouldn't drop $35K on a car that didn't make me happy.. If the G35 isn't big enough for you, then its relative value to the M35 is a moot point..

However, if you find that the G35 suits your needs, then the extra money for the M would be hard to justify..

I like the driving dynamics of smaller cars... but, then.. you aren't buying the car for me.. :blush:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dalixmandalixman Member Posts: 5
    Been lurking the messageboards for several months. I have the D Plan VPP and now they are accepting G35, so today is the day.

I am going for the Graphite Journey prem package and sport wheel package. I test drove the Sport and didn't like the seat or paddle shifters. My VPP pricing is 32900+TTL, OTD 35900, in NorCal 7.75%. Feels like a good deal, basically out the door for sticker. It is either 300 over invoice or 1000 over (not sure if people include destination when quoting x over invoice).

I one of my concerns are those keys. I am going to lose/break/drown one, anyone know what the replacement cost on one of those bad boys?
  • Options
    newg36newg36 Member Posts: 7
    I have been looking for a G35 in Houston last couple of months. Dealers are not talking anything below MSRP. They will through in couple of extras like tint, wheel locks, etc. From the posts it is clear that people are getting deals at $500 to $1000 above invoice.
    Anybody in Houston at these prices?
    Last Friday, I talked to a dealer here and mentioned about how some members on the forum have purchased at these prices elsewhere in other states. He says they are lying! No body is selling below MSRP in the country. I questioned on the motive for someone to lie about it...

We have four dealerships in Houston and I know two are owned by the same. Lack of competition?
  • Options
    well I could swear on the lives of my two children but then again how do you know I have any kids.... :) I honestly paid $1000 over invoice, 07 sedan, premium, navigation and tire package. No reason to lie, nothing to gain.
  • Options
    I called Infiniti of Riverside and told them if they would match the deal Skurny recieved at Infiniti of South Bay. The guy on the phone told me that Skurney was lying and that nobody in the country would sell below msrp. He also said that the sales rep was probably fired...I then told him that the GM is the one who made the sale. He promptly laughed at me. He just seemed to be real rude...like he knows he has the power and he couldnt care less about making a deal. Its kind of frustrating. Im happy for people who actually get great deals but it seems like all of the stars have to align for it to happen. I tried calling Tony Zieman at Infiniti of South Bay but he hasnt returned my call yet.
  • Options
    Hey newg36, if you got some free time, take a look at past post. maybe around nov. or dec., but I remenber reading as a few people were commenting about the bad service from the hoston area. one post included a detailed account of their conversations with one of the dealers in that area.
  • Options
    thechrizzlthechrizzl Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007 G35 Sport Automatic, Platinum Graphite, with Prem pack, splash guards, cargo net.

Selling Price was 33897
    OTD 36900

It was bought in Northern CA.
  • Options
    zugislandzugisland Member Posts: 21
    My Here is the deal I just closed on ... g35x with premium package msrp 36900..i received 24500 for my trade which was 1000 below my original cost on a vehicle which i bought 6 months ago and drove for 14k. The best deal i could find on the same vehicle was around 2k below msrp w/o trade but the same dealer would only give me 18 k for my trade ..another dealer wanted my trade plus 20k OTD so I finally got the G 4 13300 plus tire and wheel protection safeguard theft and wheel locks with all weather floor mats for that price - roughly 7k difference from the other 2 dealers i contacted ...the dealer i purchased it from was 300 miles from me but 7 grand was well worth the drive down..plus the sales woman was outstanding and the dealership was very professional...i am from the midwest and would give anyone the referral of this saleswoman who was a pleasure to deal with...and worked for a price which i thought was a great deal for me!
  • Options
    dalixmandalixman Member Posts: 5
    I bought the same car without the splash or cargo in Marin and got similar pricing. Bought 15 minutes after returning from the test drive. I had the VPP pricing plan D, they printed out the price sheet, I test drove the car, gave them a check and return 2 hours later to sign all the papers and pickup the car. It was easier than buying a TV.
  • Options
    imkramerimkramer Member Posts: 26
    Just ordered a Platinum Graphite w/ Graphite interior G35 Journey w/ Premium Pkg, Mud Guards and Cargo Net. Had to order because it's impossible right now to find a Journey in my color combo in my area without the Tire & Wheel Pkg (which I don't want).

Here's my deal:

$32,214 Invoice of Journey, Prem Pkg, Mud Gds, Cargo Net
    $499 Document Fee (aka dealer profit)
    $465 Admitted Dealer Profit
    $21 Tag Fee
    $2322 Tax at 7%
    ------
    $35,521 Out-the-door

Seems like a half way decent deal on both sides considering that in order to get a G outfitted to my specifications, the dealer had to request the car be redirected. It was scheduled to go to another dealer in another state once it arrives on our shores in three weeks. Dealer makes about $1285 profit ($499 + $465 + approx $320 Holdback at 1%).

Love the car. Only thing I might change would be to give up a few horses for better miles per gallon. I'm sure I'll forget about that once I'm cruising behind that wheel. What a sweet ride.

Giddyup!!! :shades:
  • Options
    gee3fivegee3five Member Posts: 2
    I just signed a deal at a NY dealership and drove off with a 2007 G35x (AWD) Sedan w/ moonroof (but NOT premium package) for 39 months, 10k miles/year:
    $2669 out of pocket (bank fee, 1st mo. payment, tax, title and registration, security deposit WAIVED)
    $439/mo (based on selling price/gross cap cost of $34,134)

I am pretty sure I got a really good deal but I would like some opinions...thnx
  • Options
    sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 27
    sounds like infiniti of manhattan. hope you enjoy your ride!

i don't want to rain on your parade, but why wouldn't they lease a g35x with a premium pack at that price?
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Okay, the dealers are not budging on any G with the Tech package, cause they're selling like hotcakes.
    I offered Invoice, they met me halfway... right in the middle, between Invoice and MSRP.

G35x w/ Prem/Nav/Tech
    Wood Trim
    Splash Guards
    Wheel Locks
    Trunk Cargo Net
    3M Protective File (Front End, Mirrors, Door Handle Cups - $695-)

Total it all up, offer is $39,548 +TTL

Only thing that stinks is the fact that I have to either settle for a car from another dealership (swap stock) or order my car from the factory.
    Factory wait is 6 weeks
    Car from another dealer may have 300 miles on it.

I want a car with less than 20 miles on it,so the wait is on.
    Does this sound like a solid deal?
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    I wouldn't take that offer if you are ordering a car. At worst I'd pay 1k over invoice to order one. And as for one with 300 miles...it's not that much, but personally I'd be thinking that those were test drive miles and we all know what happens on the test drive :) Either way, I'd push for more off the cap cost and be prepared to walk. If you can wait the 6 weeks to order, you can probably wait until the end of this month or next even to make a good deal for a car on the lot. Just my opinion though.
  • Options
    Invoice on the car is $37,103.
    My price is $39,548.
    Subtract the price of the 3M Film install and I come up with $38,853.
    Subtract the invoice price from that and I see that I am $1,055 over invoice.

So, sounds like a good deal then?

As for the 300 miles, that was just a number I threw out there.
    Basically, if he finds the car at another dealer, he can pull a dealer swap and bring mine in... but they are driving it in and will not flatbed it.
    That means that the first miles will be by the dealer's errand boy... I think not.
    Call me silly, but that's an exposed nerve for me.

Anywho... $1,055 over invoice sounds good?
  • Options
    kennstewkennstew Member Posts: 1
    I'll be buying a G35 in the philly area and am wondering if anyone can provide preferred dealerships or buying experiences through Costco. thanks. :)
  • Options
    I accepted the deal...
    $1055 over invoice.

Salesguy called and told me they have one coming in for the week of March 30, exactly the way I wanted it.
    I couldn't pass it up.

Blue Slate on Graphite
    Wood Trim
    Prem/Nav/Tech
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Net
    Wheel Locks
    3M Film on front end, Mirrors and Door Handle Cups.

Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    sounds good...1k over invoice is good IMO...not what I had to pay ;) but I was on a VPP plan. As long as you are happy that is all that matters! Congrats. Enjoy the new ride.
  • Options
    According to your math you are actually 1750 over invoice, not including the 695 for the 3M film. Now, if this amount includes the standard $595 dealer fee then it's closer to the 1k over invoice, but if they add amount that into your closing costs, you are really paying 1700 over invoice PLUS you are likely overpaying for the 3M which is additional dealer profit...just something to look out for before signing on the dotted line. Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    I'm definitely over-paying for the 3M.. I think $695- is highway robbery, but it is being done right at the dealer, by the dealer itself.
    I am currently shopping around for a better deal locally, since the car is 2 weeks away anyway.... but it would be just my luck to catch a puck mark on the way home from the dealer, if I choose not to get it through them.
    It just be worth the extra just having it done right the first time, right at the dealer. :confuse:

I do think that if I waited a bit longer and played the numerous dealership game, I could definitely land a better deal, but the fact of the matter is that these G35x with the tech package and wood trim all seem to be sold before they ever come in, and ordering it leaves me paying MSRP, or very close to it.
    Once you add the tech pack, they won't budge on price.

After haggling for an hour, the sales manager finally agreed to meet me halfway between MSRP and Invoice, and then found me a car with less than 10 miles, for only a 2 week wait.
    First time I did the math, it was 1055, but I think I got mixed up with the 3M... 1700 is right in the middle of MSRP/Invoice and is the price I'm paying.

All I know is that it still looks good on paper.
    Car, 3M film, Tax, Title, Reg Fees, Dest, Car... all still under $40K and under what Edmunds says I should be paying for the car alone.
    So, yeah,, I'm still happy. :D
  • Options
    "So, yeah,, I'm still happy. "

....and ultimately...THAT is all that matters...it is YOUR 40k not mine ;) Make sure you get all the closing fees upfront as well so that you can make sure there is nothing else hidden in the TTL portion of the cost and you won't be surprised by anything on signing day. Congrats!
  • Options
    rob7208rob7208 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone have any feedback to offer, positive or negative, about their sales experience with Infiniti of Nashville and their Internet sales manager? I'm considering buying there and will have to travel so I want to know if they try to play games on delivery day before I commit...

Also, any advice on successfully dodging the splash guard / cargo net add-ons that every dealer seems to want to force on you?