Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• blackfordblackford Member Posts: 2
    I'll second what scottm is saying about wood trim and the tech package. Tough to find. Anybody else have the dealer try to get you to split the finder fees for "locating" your ideal car? $400 to have a car driven across a city? $800 to have it delivered on a flatbed? Crazy!
  • zugislandzugisland Member Posts: 21
    guys you can find authorized installers on the 3m website...i checked the installer my dealer was using and he wasnt even an outhorized ( trained installer)..i found a few and you should be able to get the hood fender and mirror with door cutouts fro around 320 installed...dealer is makring up 100% oplus make sure there installer is certified by 3m i did my g35 and am happy with it so far
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    I went through the 3M website and found 2 certified installers within acceptable driving distance.
    Both are less than $50 cheaper than the dealer.

One installer said that Infiniti dealers claim to use 3M but actually use Avery Dennison products, which yellow over time.

My dealer in Warwick, RI is a certified 3M installer, so I think I'll play it safe and just have it done there.

It looks like the $695 kit just covers the fenders, mirrors and hood.
    The Bumper kit looks to be separate and almost just as expensive.
    I have an email in to my dealer to get pricing now.
    He said he would get me in touch with the shop next week, but other installers have appointments 3 weeks out so I need the info now.

$320 installed is amazing.
    The kit alone is $299.95

3M certified installers get their kits through X-Pel
    Sorry, I had the link wrong...
    It's X-Pel
    :blush:
  • cyrus2cyrus2 Member Posts: 3
    Imkramer, Great deal, My wife drives a G35 sedan and loves it, I'n now looking for G35 coupe for me. What dealer did you use.

Thanks Cyrus2
  • triple_7triple_7 Member Posts: 63
    Take a look at what Jeff the tip guy says about buying from dealer A when the car is at dealer B
    a really informative web site about making a deal for a new car.
    carbuyingtips.com
    click on buying a new car and avoiding dealer scams
    I got my Folder ready and looking to make the best deal I can real soon. The more informed one is the better chance they have negotiating
  • imkramerimkramer Member Posts: 26
    The dealer is in Atlanta, GA. Would rather not say the name until I take delivery.
  • bpg1234bpg1234 Member Posts: 7
    Need some member perspectives on pricing for G35X with:

- Prem and Nav packages
    - Splash Guards
    - Cargo Net

for $35,930 ($200 above invoice) with hand-painted pinstripe and wheel locks included into price.

Deal or No Deal?
  • rob_g35rob_g35 Member Posts: 4
    Scottsdale Infiniti were the only dealer in Arizona with my car that i wanted in stock. Platinium Graphite, with stone leather.

G35 Sport Sedan AT sport plus premium package. In addition to addtional fluff like splash guards, wheel locks, cargo net and paint protection.

I went in at 500 over invoice. with my invoice being 33488 including destination. but the dealer was claiming this should be 33648.
    Anyway total price excluding tax title plates was 34284.

It was a deal for me as it was the only stock car at the spec i wanted in Arizona although it did have 80 miles it.
    Also i was in and out in 4 hours. Plus i had to do the walk out to get the 369 doc fee down to 90, included in my final price above.
  • stevehechtstevehecht Member Posts: 96
    Hi, first time on this board. I'm looking at a 2004 35X with 19K+ miles & nav, asking price $24,885. Dark blue with graphite interior, just the combo I like. From Coastal Nissan in Norwell, MA. Probably certified warranty, don't know for sure. Went on Cars.com and no others are to be found with that ext/int color combo within 500 miles. Is this a decent asking price? How far can I expect to bring them down?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    P-p-p-pinstripe?
    :P
    dont know about chicago dealers but infiniot of indy was awesome in dealing with ..ask for a saleswoman named RC..i think you will be pleased with here professionalism..
  • bpg1234bpg1234 Member Posts: 7
    Yes pinstripe. How's the deal?
    You can't ask much better than $200 above invoice.
    In my area, the x model with Tech is hard to find in stock. (which is what I wanted)
    Adding the wood trim makes it even harder, causing all to be found through special order only.
    I was only able to manage $1780 above invoice... which happens to be $1780 below invoice.
    I talked them into meeting me half way.

I also opted for Splash Guards, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks, and 3M film

Comes in sometime on the week of March 30.
    Time has never moved so slow!
  • blackfordblackford Member Posts: 2
    When you pick up your car in ATL, let us know the dealer. I am also looking here for a G35 for the best deal, as that beats (by far) anything I have received so far. Did you special order or pick one up that the dealer had ordered but had not yet gotten to the dealer?
  • uuu1234uuu1234 Member Posts: 2
    When people here mention price about xxx over/under invoice, does it usually include destination charge?

The reason I'm asking is I'm qualified for vpp price, which is about $300 over invoice + $700 (destination), add together its about $1000 over invoice before TTL. I want to get a G35 journey with prem, nav and tech packages, I'm trying to determine can I do better than vpp.
    destination is normally seperate so you are $300 over invoice in my opinion. Your out the door would be plus destination & TTL.

$300 over seems good to me, i bought last month and the dealer had 1 car out of 14 in stock with NAV and would not let it go much below MSRP.
  • dalixmandalixman Member Posts: 5
    I did the VPP on a G35 Sport last weekend. It was the most painless process I can ever imagine. I had a signed purchase agreement 15 minutes after the test drive. Came back and signed some DMV paperwork and got my keys a couple hours later. I highly recommend the VPP, the prices I see the G35 going for are not in the same ballpark, at least 1000 less.
    I didn't get the tech or nav package, i've heard some dealers refusing VPP on the most in demand option packages. My dealer said they don't restrict because they want to make VPP buyer repeat customer. Whatever, I like my car and it was the best car buying process I have ever been through.
  • laguy50laguy50 Member Posts: 6
    How do you qualify for the VPP program. Is it something you have to work for Nissan (or any other car company) to receive or can you B.S. your way into it?

By the way, anybody have a good read on the current situation of the Southern California market? I was researching last month and it seemed like the dealers were holding all the power with not a lot of inventory (specifically with Navi packages).

Thanks!
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    I doubt you will be able to do better than VPP. When everyone here is calculating price over invoice, destination is usually factored in to the invoice pricing. If you can get the VPP deal and find a dealer with the car who will accept it, it is likely one of the best deals you will find currently. Plus...you can pretty much do all the calculations on your own and know you won't be surprised when you go to sign the paperwork.
    They have different VPP programs. They have one for employees of Nissan/Infiniti, friends and family of employees, and one for companies who have a deal established with Nissan North America. You can't really BS your way into it since you get assigned a number that is created for you and entered into their VPP system. You can always try to BS someone who has works for Nissan/Infiniti, or whose company is a participant and try to get in that way. I was able to get on the friend & family plan thru a friend of a friend. I even had an internet manager that was trying soooo hard to find a car for me that she was willing to use her 1 VPP referral for the year for me if my other friend didn't come thru with it. There are ways to get it....the other issue is finding a dealer who will participate in it as it is voluntary.
  • uuu1234uuu1234 Member Posts: 2
    My employer has VPP program, I have to request a vpp number through nissan vpp program web site and prove I work for the company to get to that price.

When I talk to dealer this past weekend they did say navi is rare, with tech its even rarer, he said he could only find 4 cars match my request within 100 mile range, I asked why, he told me 30k to 35k is the sweet spot, they are not going to make too many outside of that range.
    Yeah...tech and navi are definitely more difficult to find...especially on a sport model. I finally found a dealer who had one and would do the VPP pricing, but the car also had the 4-wheel steering which I didn't want. Unfortunatly, my lease was up and it was either that car or go without navi and that was not an option for me...all things considered, to get that car fully loaded in January on the VPP plan was still cheaper than one without the 4WAS and the spoiler at 1000k over invoice.
  • dalixmandalixman Member Posts: 5
    They have A,B and C plans for employees.
    They have D plan for "business associates"

all the info from the inside nissan website.

here is a list of all the companies in the plan, might help you pick your friends.

The way I figured it in California the D plan VPP basically made the sticker price the out-the-door price which made shopping super easy.
  • tkokicktkokick Member Posts: 6
    Hello to everyone -

I have been reading these boards for a couple of days, and it seems that there are some real experts on here giving very good advice! I could could use a bit of that now!

I was able to get price for a loaded G35 Infiniti at 1% over invoice (you would have thought I had killed someone to get that). However, after that, I have found them giving me many fees that seem bogus.

Here's the deal I worked out:

G35 Journey:
    Nav package
    Tech package
    Premium package
    Tire and Wheel package
    MSRP at Dealer: $37,900
    1% over invoice price: $34,849

Then the fees get added:
    Destination charge: $700
    Wheel Locks: $140
    Transportation assistance: $750
    Processing fee: $499
    Sales tax: $300
    Temporary Tag: $20

Okay, so I know that the destination charge and sales tax are not negotiable, that is fine. However, they are charging me to bring the car I want in from another dealer - to the tune of $750, and the processing fee seems excessive, to say the least.

I told the dealer that I have had 2 infinitis, and both were brought in for me by the dealer from another dealer, and I was never charged for this. I also mentioned that we are transfering our tags, title, and registration from my current car to the new one, so that would only be a fee of $31.90, meaning that they were charging $460.00 more than the actual fee for "processing".

The dealer came back to me today and said that they "normally absorb the transportation fee for a customer, but because they are selling the car to me for so little, their profit is not enough to do that". He then said that their profit was "under $500" for this deal, a fact I find extremely hard to buy - seeing that their real cost is under invoice for the car.

He then said that the processing fee is mandated and set for their dealer by the State of South Carolina, another thing that seems odd, as I can't find anything about that on the Dept of Motor Vehicles site.

Can anyone help on this? Does this sound off to you? Or is this legit?

Thanks in advance for any help! Have a great day!
    excuse me but what exactly is VPP?
    This is so far off. I would find it hard to keep a straight face and not laugh at this deal. The following is just my opinion....

First off I would tell them you want the wheel locks and cargo net included in the 1% over invoice.
    The only valid fees here are the destination charge, tax and plates. Everything else is additional dealer markup. At 1% over invoice the dealer is making far more than $500 profit, you might mention the dealer holdback so they know you are aware of the fact that what you pay over invoice is not just the profit they make. Tell him you are offering a fair price and they are making a profit, ask them if they would like you to buy elsewhere in which case they would get no profit on the deal ! Say no, walk out and wait for the counter offer, refuse the offer until its at $34,849 or a close as you feel comfortable.
    I find the processing fee damn right insulting and its pure BS. Does some $15 an hour office clerk really spend over 30 hours processing your paperwork? If they want to talk about "mandatory" tell them its mandatory that you dont overpay for your car.
    Transportation depends on how far the other dealer is from you? If they normally absorb the cost", which they do, tell them to absorb the cost if the dealer is close by.
    Here are my thoughts...the price they quoted you is 1% over invoice, so that is right. Destination charge is also correct. Never heard of transportation assistance...BS. Processing fee seems very high. Here in California they are limited to $45 for that. I was quoted higher when I was checking Las Vegas, however when I complained about a $399 processing fee, they somehow were able to drop the price of the car an addl. $350 to make up for it, so I think that $499 is a load of crap. Also the sales tax doesn't seem right...that isn't enough to cover the tax on the whole car, and if that is just supposed to be for upfront taxes, it's definitely too high. Here are the other things that are missing though....where is the Acquisition fee. That is $595 and just like destination I have not seen it negotiated away. Are you looking to buy or lease this car?
    I think it stands for Value Pricing Plan or something like it. It is a set of pre-set guidlines to calculate purchases or leases for participants of the different VPP plans (Plan A, B, C, D). it takes all of the negotiating out of the deal as the calculations are set, only the options on the car affect the price. you also have to be either an employee, friend or family of an employee, or work for a business that is eligible. If so, you then need to be registered with Nissan and will be given a specific number that the dealer uses when inputing the numbers into the website. You can't get this pricing without being registered with Nissan and it's not transferrable. AND...you still have to find a dealer who will accept it as it is not manditory and they sometimes won't on a hard to find model.
    according to posts here and from my own calling of dealers in socal, the tech package has been difficult to negotiate from MSRP. so 1% sounds really good. the transportation fee of course is b.s. if they are not willing to waive, then you can also call the dealer from which the car is comming from and avoid the fee if that dealer is willing to match the price. put both dealers in competition with each other, that is of course if the are not owned by the same guys.

not sure what the sales tax are there but $300 seems low in any state. i'll pack up and move today if true.
    Well...$300 seems low if it's for the whole vehicle cost...but if it is just the upfront taxes, in so. cal that seems high. I just leased a fully loaded G35S and my upfront taxes were under $50.00.
  • ocg35manocg35man Member Posts: 52
    :) Like Others have mentioned, after adding those extra fees it doesn't seem like a good deal at all.

Processing fees vary by states, but it shouldn't be more
    than $100 to $ 150. You are buying a car not a house !

Also, it seems like some people are confused about destination charge. Typically it is part of an invoice.
    If MSRP is $35000 and dealer invoice is $32000, that
    should include destination charge. If you are quoted say
    $500 over invoice plus additional $ 700 for destination,
    then it is not a good deal at all.

Good luck !
  • frenchvfrenchv Member Posts: 42
    I found this car it's got everything including nav with 30k miles on it.

The owner said that it's perfect and has not been in an accident. I'm going to check out the car but I'm thinking the price is very low. So therefore, too good to be true?

Reason for selling is that his out of town dad needed a car to drive around but now is leaving so he has to sell the car.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who have responded to my pleas for help. This is truly a wonderful forum, and you have confirmed what I suspected - they are full of it.

You have also helped me understand the destination charge, and alert me that the sales tax seemed wrong. I was so torqued off about the fees, I didn't even think about it. Obviously something is up with that.

I actually had an even more suspicious dealing with another Infinti dealer today. They tried to say they were giving me a G35 sport at 1% over invoice for a lease of $649 plus taxes for 36 months, 15K mileage.

When I said that I needed to see the numbers on the actual cost of the car, the guy came back and said that the numbers were based on giving me the car at $37,900 (supposedly $2000 under MSRP). This seemed odd to me, and I said I still needed to see the actual numbers on the car - I wanted to know if that was actually 1% over invoice. (Mind you, I gave the guy the print out from the original Infiniti dealer to show their 1% over invoice offer, so he knew that I had real numbers).

Then, the sales manager comes out and says he "made a mistake" and "has good news for me" - and that he "looked at the number of months wrong" and that the lease should be $594 plus taxes - still astronomical for the supposed price.

I then said that I needed to think about it, and he put the full press on me to keep me there - asking what was wrong, had they not done something right, etc. Basically trying to make me feel bad -

The totally amazing thing is that I had told them right up front that my husband had bought a BMW a year ago because of the AWFUL sales experience we had at this very Infiniti. I told them I was giving them another chance, because this sales man seemed more professional - and they still pulled this #$%^$$.

My husband was so mad - I find the whole thing hilarious. It is unfortunate, because I really love Infinitis, but I have just had it with these tactics!

Long story short, thank you all. I am going to go back to the dealer in SC with your info and try to beat them into shape, but I have given up on the guys here in Jacksonville.
  • laguy50laguy50 Member Posts: 6
    I know everyone says this, but its worth repeating....this board is the greatest thing since sliced bread! Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us.

Hopefully I'll be able to list some numbers soon on my own purchase. ;)
  • rich5506rich5506 Member Posts: 1
    Any thoughts on what is a good price for a 2007 G35x AWD with premium pkg, XM radio, splash guards? MSRP is $37,240. Invoice $34,140. Cash deal, no trade. I live in upstate NY, one dealer locally but his inventory looks pretty big (at least 20 AWD cars on the website--AWD is important up here!) I don't think the demand is quite as huge up here for the G as some other areas. A recent advertisement as part of a special lease deal put his selling price at $35,900. This would be my first "luxury" sedan purchase if I decided to go the $$. Many thanks.
  • njg35xnjg35x Member Posts: 3
    I bought the same config except sirius in early Jan for 34,600.
  • cyrus2cyrus2 Member Posts: 3
    Went down Phila. yesterday to buy a Acura TL, they did not have my color... on the way home stopped by a Infiniti dealer... Purchased up with a 2007 G35 coupe Prem. package splash guards and all weather mats. $33,000......Curently own a 2003 G sedan and I guess I was just looking for something different. Well a coupe is different then a sedan.
    On my way for another test drive and to get a quote from an Infinity dealer in socal. This time it will be a sport model. I guess the only way for me to rack up miles in a G is to test drive the same car at multiple dealers. I already know I want the car and will be getting one soon.just waiting for some finances to mature later this month. but im still looking for a good deal and it doesn't hurt to drive around a few min. in the car to reassure myself that it's the car i really want. will post the numbers here later. I know there are a few potential buyers looking in the same area that I am.
  • 01redz0601redz06 Member Posts: 21
    I have a 2003 G35s. At the time that I bought it G35s were in high demand. No Houston dealer woud budge from MSRP. I went to Dallas and bought my G35 for $1450 below MSRP at Sewell Infiniti. Contact them by internet and deal only with their internet person. My G35 has 47K on it now and has been the best car I ever bought.
  • jakbarjakbar Member Posts: 12
    Currently looking at an 07 g35x with just sunroof package.

$35,700.00 msrp.
    $1,424.00 discount (dealer make $1400.00)
    $17300.00 actual cash value of trade-in
    -----------------------------------------------------
    $16,976.00 plus taxes and licensing fees

That is what they are offering me for my 06 mazda 6 s sport with bose/sunroof and sport packages and auto. That is exactly the KBB pricing for trade-in. Overall its 1400 over invoice. Good deal? Bad deal? this is their first offer, i have only spoken with them via email.
    Considering that it's just a model with the sunroof as the only option, I think that they can do better than 1400 over invoice. I've seen people getting the more popular ones with Nav or Tech for 1k over invoice or even less in some circumstances. You could push for more I bet. They'll likely offset with your trade anyway.
    i had a similar deal...i got over 3000 more for my trade then any other deals i could do..and of course they sold it to me for msrp of 36900 with the premium package . overall though i paid 12500 difference with my trade over 7k better otd then other infiniti dealers in my tri state area..so i figure i got about 3 grand off msrp with a dealer profit of around the same as you i estimate
    I agree with Sprinkler.
    A base G35x with Sunroof, you should be able to pull $500 over invoice, if not even better.

I chose the most popular model for my area, impossible to find, need to be special ordered...
    G35x w/ Prem/Nav/Tech/Wood.
    They are sold before they ever hit the lot, and I managed $1700 over invoice (Dealer makes $1700 - Including Splash Guards, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks & 3M) Due in this week :D:D

At first, they wouldn't budge from full MSRP and we finally settled on meeting half way.

Search around... base models are going for Invoice or slightly over.
  • bs55bs55 Member Posts: 15
    I'm looking to get a G35 Journey with Prem/Nav/Tech. What are the prices people are paying for it. This is my first new car and i want to deal with a fleet or internet manager. Do I just email them and ask them if they have a car that matches my needs in stock and throw out a number. Any help or examples of what to write in email would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
  • windy6windy6 Member Posts: 57
    Stopped into Infinity in Austin today and kind of liked the G35 (the crappy paint that was on my just departed Maxima notwithstanding). I don't mind going to San Anton, Dallas or Houston to get a car but I expect a pretty good deal.

I'm looking to pay LESS THAN $500 over invoice, for whichever one I get, no navigation. I'm a cash buyer, no trade.I know Lexus of Austin will deal, but my wife likes the higher headroom in the Infinity.

Who's been getting good deals, and where, in TX?

Thanks
  • solid1solid1 Member Posts: 11
    I wonder if the I could use the plan if I used to work for one of those companies. Still have the ID.
    You should deal with the Internet Sales Manager if possible, as they usually offer the best deals.
    You can drop them a quick email and just be specific and to the point.

Just explain that you are currently interested in purchasing a G35 Journey with Prem/Nav/Tech, and that you wish to purchase within the next (x) amount of days.
    Explain the color Exterior/Interior you are looking for, and if you have a second or third color choice, offer those as well. Giving them multiple options can sometimes save them time, and you some dough.

Explain what you wish to spend, and ask if they would be able to work with you.
    Invoice on that car, including the $700 dest charge, is $34,826.
    Depending on how popular that exact model is in your area will determine how much above invoice they'll want to go.
    Definitely deal with the Internet person.

However - a word of caution - one of the things I have noticed with Infiniti dealers much more than other luxury models is that they will try to get you to negotiate on a lease payment, rather than the invoice. They are also very unwilling to give you information in writing, which is a big shell game designed to make you agree to something you should not.

Get them to give you the actual invoice of the car. You want it in writing. Then ask for any fees that are going to be attached to the lease or sale - in writing. Ask for the money factor if leasing, or interest rate, if buying. Get that in writing.

I hate to be so redundant, but I have had the same bad sales experience so many times at so many different Infiniti dealers that I just have to put a serious word of caution out here. I even wrote Infiniti about some particularly unethical Infiniti dealers (this, while being on my 4th Infiniti and getting my family to buy 2 more), and they never even acknowledged my letter. That is horrible customer service - especially because I was a loyal customer - and makes me think that they know that their dealers are acting this way, and they are allowing it.

I truly think there is not a better luxury model out there for the money, and am passionate about what great cars Infiniti has, but just be careful.

Also, when you buy your Infiniti - look to see what your pre-scheduled maintenance is on your computerized alerts. All the Infinitis we have owned have been programmed by the dealer to have us come in every 3500 miles for oil changes, which, thinking that was the case, we did. However, when we recently bought a BMW and were told that their schedule was every 10,000 miles, we looked at our Infiniti owner's manual. Sure enough, driving the car normally - such as 99% of people would drive it - is an oil chage every 7000 miles. 3500 miles is only if you drive your car like a taxi - literally. So, we were duped by Infiniti for a lot of money and service that we did not need - not to mention the time out of our lives to take the car in. Not once did any service person tell us that we were bringing the car in too often. We added it up, and for our four cars, the extra service was a few thousand dollars. So, while Infiniti seems cheaper than other luxury models up front - in the long run, where the others cover your maintenance for 4 years, unnecessary service is definitely costing Infiniti driver a lot - and making some serious money for dealers.

I guess I am just saying, all in all, triple check everything. I love Infiniti cars, but I am completely shocked at their business practices.