Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kobayashikobayashi Member Posts: 50
    Run, do not walk. Either there is a misunderstanding on car model or currency system, or the Phoenix economy has had a sudden turnaround from rising unemployment, car sales being down 8% and depressed housing market in the last five minutes. Paying above MSRP is for Chrysler Prowler owners.
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    I just had a similar instance where I leased a G35XS and specifically stated that I would not accept a car with anything over 30 miles on it. When I went to pick the vehicle up it had 160-170 on it. I was not happy and they knew it. The sales person stated they swapped the car with a PA dealer and drove it to NY.

Along with that, the car had a spoiler and had some (two) minor blemishes that my wife would not accept, they looked like pieces of the protective wrapper. They took care of that.....I was going to stand on the trunk and pull the spoiler off and save the $500 but I didn't want to embarrass my wife that day. :P

The salesperson and manager knew we were not impressed. The wife and I huddled and we agreed to take the car. The lease mileage started at 200 or 300, and overall we like the car.

After we left the dealer, we never talked about it, it truly is a non-issue.

If you like the vehicle and it's what you want at a price you like then I agree the two oil changes are fair in return for the additional miles.

The remote starter on vehicles with push button start are tricky, I owned an aftermarket electronics and accessories business and unless this is covered under warranty I'd stay away from it. They may be doing you a favor by pricing it at a point where you do not see the value.

Mike
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    I certainly would not even pay MSRP much less pay over. A local dealer has the add on sticker on all their cars (clear bra, nitrogen fill, wind defectors, etc) so even if you negotiated an invoice deal they try to stick that on top and then their $500 doc fee.

Find another dealer. If you don't mind flying and driving you could easily find a dealer and save more than enough to cover the air fare and gas with lots left over.

Dennis
    I think the spoiler requires drilling the trunk lid, so you were wise not to have to pull it off :D .

We men tend to embarrass our wives at car dealerships, I am told. They seem to be more forgiving of small rip offs, changes, and mistakes.

Dennis
  • frommx5tomz3frommx5tomz3 Member Posts: 19
    I paid $37,749 - $500 conquest rebate + TTL + $50 doc fee for my Obsidian Black/Graphite G37 Sport 6MT with Premium, Splash Guards, Trunk Mat, Cargo Net. MSRP was $39,825, so this is essentially a $2025 discount (after factoring in doc fee) + $500 rebate on top of that. It was about $1370 above Edmunds invoice and almost $1000 below Edmunds TMV. The car was not on the lot when we reached the deal, but it was already en route to the dealer so it was not a custom order.

Not feeling the need for feedback - just providing data for future buyers...(and if it helps anyone to know, I did not "go for it" in the negotiations, just tried to get a good/fair deal - you can probably do a little better if you make it your mission, especially if you are less picky than I was about getting EXACTLY what you want)

Oh, almost forgot - I do LOVE the car.
  • erving6erving6 Member Posts: 16
    I agree that quotes at full msrp or even over sticker are not worth the paper they are printed on. I would be interested in checking out a G in another locale but am wondering what people on this board have paid for one in AZ in relation to invoice..
  • pk2949pk2949 Member Posts: 6
    You should be able to get at invoice in Phoenix. There are 3 dealerships in that area and they compete. I got a quote for invoice. I told them I was going to pay invoice as on kbb.com and they agreed to the price. They had also agreed to ship the car to my location also at their cost !
    I would like to know what are the prices paid for a G37 MT, premium package, No Navigation. Kbb shows invoice for 36.2 K.
    pk2949 thanks for the info.. Which dealer in the Phoenix area quoted you an invoice price and did you complete the purchase with them?
  • happycamryhappycamry Member Posts: 48
    Always make an offer to a dealer in writing via fax with an "out the door" offer price including all fees and taxes. It's a big game these days when dealers say they can give you a car at invoice. They usually try to tack on up to $600 bogus dealer prep fees, and often super inflated licensing tag prep fees as well.

So, if you really can get it for invoice, or even lower in the present day slow market, don't let them tell you the dealership insists on all customer's paying the dealer fee. If it's $600, for example, in truth you are paying $600 over invoice, and that's not such a hot deal after all.

It's best to do this with several dealers and preferably during the last week of the month. Include a cover letter and I suggest using the free spreadsheet at carbuyingtips.com to send them. It is easy to fill out and reveals the dealer's true profit.

There is some disagreement on holdback for Infiniti's. I used a figure I've seen often quoted as 1% of the car's base msrp price and 2% of the car's base invoice price. One dealer admitted I was close with about $910 profit to the dealer listed on a G35 Journey with premium package. And, as has been pointed out here, it's best not to call it holdback as incentives come to dealers in varying forms. Thus, if you buy a car at invoice without the bogus dealer fee, the dealer likely still has about 3% profit due to holdback and other dealer floorplan incentives.

Also, you'll get the best deal if the dealer has the exact car you want on the lot. You can check the inventory by going to any Infiniti dealer's website. In your cover lettter, I suggest that you list the exact vin number of the car that you want. If you are really savvy, you can try to figure out how long a car has been on the lot. The longer it's been there, the better your chances at getting the car at invoice or below.

I've worked this plan with one Toyota and now a new G35. The first time it worked like a charm. The second time the Infiiniti dealer that soon quickly took the deal first called and said the best they could do was $800 more. When I said other, closer, dealers were about $400-500 better than that (and they were), I was told to hold the phone, and after a brief hold, was told, "You've got yourself a deal."

I thought I was home free like when I bought the Toyota, with an out the door price that was accepted for a 3% dealer profit, or about $80 below invoice. However, I got an unpleasant surprise at the dealership, a roughly $120 "Florida doc stamp" fee for the 2.9% financing deal. Since we had agreed in an out the door price in writing with all taxes and fees, and were at an impasse over the surprise $120 bump thrown in at the end, the GM agreed to throw in a set of mats, touch up paint and a wax/maintanance kit.

Not a hassle free experience, but worth it in the end.
    Pinnacle agreed to invoice for G 37, plus the shipping costs for out of state shipping. I did not end up buying from them as they did not have the exact car I wanted.

Infiniti of scottsdale, was ready to match their offer also.

Also, go to the myg37.com and you will see more info about what folks are paying for the cars.

Good Luck :shades:
  • malumakanmalumakan Member Posts: 16
    Has anyone installed a remote starter in the G35?
  • acarter3acarter3 Member Posts: 2
    I've recently started shopping for a G35X in the Chicago area. Three questions:

1. How much above (or below) invoice should I expect to pay if I purchase in the next month?

I'm looking for a G35X with premium and nav. Visited one dealer this weekend and he quoted me $36,800 (without any haggling from me other than saying that I wasn't paying MSRP). I didn't negotiate with the dealer (was only trying to decide on a color) but I assume he would go lower. Invoice on the car is $36,069.

I'm hoping to purchase at or within $100 of invoice. Is that expectation realistic?

2. How much is a reasonable doc fee? I've seen some posts on this board referencing fees that seem quite high. Is $50 a realistic expectation?

3. Has anyone had good (or bad) experiences with any of the Chicago-area dealers? I know the dealer in Lisle has a large inventory but don't know much about Barrington, Fields, etc.

Any help is welcome.
    Any competent alarm/stereo shop should be able to do it - in an automatic transmission G. It looks like here that no custom transponder is available so you have to use the generic one which costs you the use of a key. They stick the key in this little box and hide it under the dash, then when you trigger the remote start the key's "signature" is used to let the car start.

What you could do is find out from a dealer how much they would charge to add a key to the car, then buy a blank valet kit BUT DON'T PAY TO HAVE IT CUT. Just have the dealer code it along with your original 3 keys to the car, then have the installer use the coded but not-cut key for the hide a key. Then you still have all 3 original keys and if a thief got hold of the hidden key, it would be useless.

At some point, they should make a custom box that can "copy" an existing key so no key is sacrificed to do the remote start.

Dennis
    Folks are reporting getting sedans and coupe for close to invoice, but I don't know if there are any reporting that in the Chicago area. There should be enough dealers within 1 or 2 hours driving time to generate lots of competition for your business.

Anything over $0 is too much "doc" fee for me. Just be sure when you get quotes from various dealers you include the car, destination, and the fee. The sum of the 3 you compare from place to place to get your best deal. You don't care if the new has a $0 fee or a $500 fee, if that is the lowest price. Most of them are set and they can't (or won't) negotiate the fee, so those that have high fees have to give you a lower price to earn your business.

I would contact the "Internet sales department" or similar at each dealer in the are and tell them what you want and ask for their best price including fees. Keep expanding you search until you get a price you can live with.

Dennis
  • solstice3solstice3 Member Posts: 4
    I was in the market for a G37, but have discovered through numerous visits to dealers and e-mail exchanges with internet sales associates, that Chicagoland dealers are unwilling to deal on this vehicle. On a daily basis, I have checked the inventory of Infiniti of Lisle and Infiniti of Orland Park over the last month, and have concluded that the inventory is not moving. In fact, the inventories have increased with recent allocations. The buyer should have so much power in this market, since supply far out exceeds consumer demand. Despite this fact, dealers are unwilling to deal on these vehicles, i.e., invoice. How many people are buying G37 coupes in January? Not many! Are we in a recession? Sure looks like at these Infiniti dealers. Check the aforementioned dealers' inventories and see for yourself that the G37 is not as hot as they want you to believe. Caveat Emptor!
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    They are probably hoping you'll settle for a leftover 2007 at invoice!!
    Online inventories can be terribly out of date, so I don't know if I would base my "scientific study" on those :D .

Just run by and count the cars or something, I guess, would be more accurate.

Some folks are saying they are getting near invoice for the coupes and I know VPP is now available for coupes and that gets you within $300 of invoice.

Often dealers will decide something is a hot seller (in their minds) and will not deal until they later wake up and realize that if they don't deal we will not buy.

Dennis
    I have a VPP number, so what does that mean for the bottom line of the car? Is it really that great of a savings? Let me know...
    Which plan do you have? A, B, C, or D?

On a G35 or G37 C or D VPP is $275 to just over $300 over invoice (depends on the invoice of the car you choose). You do also have to pay the dealer's normal doc or prep fees, if any. You also have to pay for any dealer installed accessories. Plans A and B (employees and there immediate families) is less.

So the key is finding the car you want at a dealer that accepts VPP and has little or no doc fee.

Some folks are reporting getting invoice or under for G sedans and coupes now, these may or may not include the dealer fees. I think it depends on where you live, how many dealers are in the area, and how well the model you are looking at is selling. The VPP gets you a nice price with no hassles or haggling, but you may be able to get a little better deal but probably not by a lot.

Dennis
  • formulabenformulaben Member Posts: 2
    Just curious, when you guys say "invoice" are you using the Monroney sticker?
    What is printed on the sticker is MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price). Invoice is the number printed on the dealer's invoice for the car - in other words what the dealer is invoiced for the car. Technically, the invoice amount is just for the car and factory options and does not include the destination charge. The destination charge is also on the MSRP sticker with no markup and is part of the price of the car. So when we say "invoice" we mean the invoice price for the car plus the destination charge. The total of the two (plus any ad fees on the invoice) is what the dealer is invoiced for the car.

Dealers get hold back, incentives, etc to make extra money so the invoice price is not really what the dealer will have to pay for the car in most cases.

For our purposes, we take the published invoice including destination (as shown on Edmunds, KBB, Carsdirect.com, etc) and subtract any known dealer incentives and we have "dealer cost" (under most circumstances the dealer will not deal down into hold back). Any deal under this cost is a super deal, anything at cost or a little over is a great deal, more over cost is not as good a deal.

Dennis
  • formulabenformulaben Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for that very well-explained post. It is much appreciated!
  • udeman55udeman55 Member Posts: 20
    I just received an email from Fields Infiniti for $3500 off sticker for a car with an MSRP $40,575
  • joe_bassjoe_bass Member Posts: 15
    Same here. Makes you wonder how much more room there is.
    Anyone have any inkling if the 3.9% financing incentive will be extended through February?
    Who cares what the "discount" is off of full MSRP, how much is their price over/under dealer invoice? How much is their doc fee?

Dennis
    Ask me around the 4th of Feb and I will let you know :D .

Seriously, no one knows - maybe not even IFS at this point. They will get the final Jan sales numbers and look at them and look at the "days supply" they have on each model, then decide if they need to carry incentives/discounted financing forward to the next month.

I don't think this will get any cheaper and could go away, so if you are financing I would get it done this month. The lease numbers on the various models could change also, but they could be lower or higher for next month.

Dennis
  • raltimaraltima Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    I am looking at a G37 coupe with an invoice price of $37500. It appears that a lot of G37 buyers are getting cars at or close to invoice. I am also eligible for the $1000 customer loyalty rebate. Do you think a deal for ~36500 ($37500 minus loyalty cash) is attainable? Or should I consider the loyalty cash as part of the invoice deals that I have seen on this forum? (meaning best deal is invoice, $37500).

Also what is the likelyhood of getting dealers to waive the $799 processing fee? I appreciate your guidance. I want to be prepared, but not unreasonable when I contact the dealers. Thanks
    It could be that some folks didn't know about the "cash" from Infiniti. There is $500 for non owners and $1k for owners. So when they got an invoice quote it was actually $500 over, then when they signed their paperwork one document was the form assigning the "conquest cash" over to the dealer.

Also I don't know how many folks paying "invoice" also included the dealer's doc or prep fee, since most all Infiniti dealers charge $500 or so in fees.

Your dealer charges $799 for a doc fee? Holy cow! I would find another dealer ASAP. No sense beating your head against the wall getting a good price then having them add $800 back onto the deal.

My dealer has a $0 doc fee. For $800 you may can fly in and drive a new coupe home :D. Seriously, my dealer may not be quite is low on price as others due to having no extra fee, but the NET of the car, destination, and fee may be less. That is the number you compare about when comparing multiple dealers.

Dennis
    Dennis,
    Thank you for your advice. I will keep looking to see if I can find a dealer with a lower dealer fee. I figured it might be hard to get the dealer to waive the fee completely.

But you do think that a deal at invoice minus $500 is attainable? (given the current $1000 rebate for current G35 owners)

Thanks again!
    Is this $500 for non Infiniti owners, or $1000 for Infiniti owners only for the G37? I checked Edmunds and they had it listed for the G37 but not the G35.
    I would think so, but you have to find the right dealer. If you have a VPP claim code (friend or family works for Nissan or your company does biz with them) you can get a coupe for $375-420 over invoice (plan c or d) less the $1k or $500 cash back.

Where are you located? Maybe someone can step up with dealer suggestions if they know what part of the country you are in.

Dennis
    Coupes only right now on the cash and only through the end of January, unless they change or extend it.

They had $500 in loyalty cash for the left over G35 coupes in November, then upped it to $1k in December and added $500 for non-Infiniti folks - again only for G35 07 coupes. Then in January they changed that to G37 coupes and dropped it for the left over coupes.

Strange that they never had dealer money on the left over 07 sedans though.

Dennis
    Dennis,
    I live outside West Palm Beach, FL, and I found two dealers in my area who would do invoice minus $1000 deal today. I guess business is pretty slow. One dealer also said he would waive the dealer fee, but I had to do the deal TODAY. I could not make it to the dealer so we will see if I can still push for that deal later this week. I find it hard to believe it was a "Today Only" deal. Thanks for the tips.

BTW for all other readers, I would be happy to share the dealer locations that I spoke to today. Let me know if you are interested.
    If one of these dealers is Sawgrass, be very careful about hidden fees and surprises at the end after you thought you had a firm deal, even if it was in writing. Feel free to PM me for details. Definitely avoid the guy whose last name rhymes with "Winer."
    We know that sales must be slow and/or supplies high as Infiniti put the $500/$1000 customer cash in place. The lease rates for the new coupe are down as well and they have 2.9% and 3.9% financing deals - both can be combined with the cash.

If you live where there are lots of dealers in a short driving distance that seems to be the key to getting a cheap price. Folks in sunny CA seems to have lots of dealers to fight for their business. I have one dealer about 30 minutes away. one 2 hours away, three 3 hours away, and several more 4 hours away. Not exactly in the heart of the Infiniti sales concentration :D .

The dealer locator shows 6 within 100 miles of West Palm, Put in an LA ZIP code and you get 19 dealers within 100 miles, 24 within 100 miles of NYC. I wonder where you get the best deal, a location where there is 1 dealer or 19 or 24 dealers :D ?

Dennis
    I have a VPP claim number with Plan D. Does Infiniti charge a marketing fee (Line 7)? I called an InsideNissan Representative, and was told that these fee is no longer charged. However, when I went to purchase the vehicle, a $100.00 dollar fee was added into the price. Dealer also tried to add other items in Line 4?

What are the fees associated with a vehicle purchased in Illinois? Is there a license plate fee, title fee, doc fee and county, state and city taxes? The fees one is charged is daunting?

Is it better to finance a vehicle for 60 months or 63 months? What is the difference?

The final price for my vehicle will be close to $100.00 under invoice with the VPP plan? Could I have gotten a better deal without the VPP? Was this purchase with the VPP a good deal? I don't want to get burned with new financing and incentives for February?

Started looking at coupes last June, switched to the new sedan (loved the new design interior and features), had trouble finding a 6mt loaded, dealer found a car but it was hail dinged, ordered a new 08 sedan, came in in Oct with horrible lease numbers, waited for better rates, got better rates and could not (again) find a 6mt sedan loaded anywhere near, waited more and FINALLY got a good lease deal on a G37 coupe. Picked it up on Saturday. Worth the 8 month wait :D .

It is G37 sport 6MT Liquid Platinum w/Graphite leather with premium/nav/tech and (unfortunately) splash guards, trunk mat, and cargo net. $43,175 MSRP with an invoice of $39,316 and my price was $39,628.19 (VPP plan C) less the $500 in customer cash made my price $39,128.19 ($187.81 under invoice) with $0 (gasp) dealer doc fee and no other add ons. Free wheel locks too! I DID have to pay to have the car hauled from the dealer where it was located (I said the 6mt cars in the colors I wanted were hard to find), but the haul charge was far less than the stocking dealers $500 doc fee! My car was new with 12 miles or something on it rather than having been driven from dealership to dealership, and the stocking dealer was 2 hours further drive (round trip).

I picked it up from Harper Infiniti in Knoxville on Saturday and everything went smooth. We did all the numbers via the phone and e-mail, so I just showed up, checked the car over (perfect) and test drove it (perfect) then signed the paperwork. After going over all the buttons and features I was back on the road to home. My salesperson and the F&I person were both first rate.

Awesome car, awesome stereo, awesome features - "laser cruise" and backup camera my favorites. Biggest worry: my 17 year old son will steal it and never bring it back :D . 2nd Biggest worry: bending a rim (really low profile tires) and/or having to buy a new tire - $223 each front, $266 each rear plus shipping from TireRack.

Can't wait for the very long break in period to be over.

Dennis
  • acarter3acarter3 Member Posts: 2
    A follow-up message on my Chicagoland search for a G35X.

I have an agreement with Fields Infiniti for a platinum graphite G35X w/ graphite interior, wood, premium, nav, and cargo net. (Dealer included wheel locks which seems to be standard in this area.) I plan to pick up the car tonight.

Here's a recap on my experience for those looking to buy in Chicago.

Test drove the car at Gold Coast Infiniti. Didn't get a good vibe and decided I would do my price shopping elsewhere.

Started at Infiniti Lisle because I had heard good things. They quoted my $800 over invoice. The also didn't have the wood in stock but that wasn't a dealbreaker. The salesman was nice enough but refused to move on price even as I got better offers. One other strange thing--I kept asking him to email a breakdown of the out the door price and instead the salesman insisted on leaving voice mails. It made me nervous that I couldn't get a quote in writing.

Barrington Motorwerks was the next dealer I worked with. They told me they would do invoice on the car but when I saw the breakdown it included a $90 charge for "supplemental warranty cost recovery." He told me it was standard but I hadn't seen it at other dealers. The car they had in stock also didn't have splash guards and he wanted to charge me $185 to add them (invoice is $114).

The splash guards and the warranty fee effectively made his best offer $161 over invoice plus $150 doc fee and TTL. (The $150 fee was the same at each dealer I spoke to in Chicago. No one would budge on the fee.) He told that was his final offer. The dealer was friendly and professional throughout.

I was tempted to take this deal but decided to give one more dealer a call. As has already been mentioned on this board, Fields Infiniti has been sending out Jan. specials with pretty good prices, particularly on cars with the tech package (which I was not looking for).

I called the internet sales dept and he confirmed that they are pretty aggressive on pricing through the end of the month, particularly on the tech cars. I was able to reach a deal over the phone in about an hour. Here's the final breakdown.

$36,378 purchase price ($79 below invoice)
    $150 doc fee
    plus TTL. (Taxes are brutal in Cook County)

I was able to get out the door for under $40k, which was my goal all along.

Received a call from Motorwerks late in the game and they offered to match but I told them I was sticking with Fields for meeting my price. I probably could have squeezed a $100-200 more by further haggling but at some point enough is enough.

I was a bit hestitant to deal with Fields because some (on the board and elsewhere) have mentioned their high-pressure sales tactics. But I had none of this in dealing with the internet sales dept. They were professional and pleasant. I hope this carries over to our pick-up tonight. I will post a follow-up after I get the car.

Thanks to everyone on the board for their help.
    Did you buy the car or not, I can't tell from your comments?

If you have a VPP claim code you need to shop for a dealer as well as the car. Call or e-mail all of them in a radius from where you live and ask them if they accept the VPP code on the model you want and what, if any, they charge for a dealer fee. The VPP code sets the price, so find the dealer that has the smallest doc fee ($0 is best :D) that will take the code and has or can get cheap/free the car you want.

There is a $500 or $1k customer cash rebate on the G37 coupes that puts the VPP under invoice by $100-200. No such bonus on sedans so you would pay the VPP price.

Can you get a better deal? Sure, if you live where you can get dealers to compete for the sale and give you a better price. Folks are reporting near invoice (or below with the rebate) now on both sedans and coupes, if you can haggle your way under the VPP price then you just save money. If not, then use the VPP.

The dealer is supposed to show you the invoice with the VPP price on it, if there is no ad or marketing fee then you should not be charged it. The dealer CAN charge you their normal doc or prep fee - that is why shopping the dealer is key. They can also mark up the lease and loan rates as they can for non VPP deals (again, finding the right dealer is key).

If financing, I can't see them getting lower than the current finance deals on the coupes and sedans (2.9% or 3.9%) and the coupe cash could go away for Feb (or it could get larger?), we don't know either way.

The title, tax, tags, and stuff like that should be the same from every dealer.

Dennis
    Sounds like a great deal to me! Congratulations and be sure to post a picture or two after you pick it up.

The tech WAS have to have when it included the backup camera, but that is part of the Nav package for 08. The "laser cruise" is awesome, but I am not sure worth the cost at invoice. For me leasing with a 62% residual and I paying about $266 for it (my residual goes up 62% of the MSRP of the tech, but my cost goes up the invoice amount for the tech).

Dennis
  • bankerguybankerguy Member Posts: 1
    Can you share anything about your Sawgrass experience. Talked to them (Internet Mgr) a few days ago for a G35 lease deal. What surprises did they hit you with. Would you recommend dealing with them? There are three other dealers around Ft. Lauderdale & Palm Beach I can go to.
  • shov8shov8 Member Posts: 87
    Grats Dennis!! I'm sure you will love the G37. I've been following the G35 boards here for a while, and you're constantly helping people get their best deals on a G35/G37, so it's only fair that you get one for yourself :) Be nice during the (way long) break-in period :P

kc
    Thanks, now I just have to hope that IFS does not cut the rate a bunch and bump up the customer cash for February :D .

Dennis
    One things to note if you have driven or messed with the 07 voice recognition, they "re-did" it for 08 and removed a lot of the commands. I guess the drivers and the system got confused with too many options?

The owner's manual still lists all the old commands, many of which no longer work.

You can't say "Radio Preset A" or "Climate Control 70 degrees" and the like. You can switch from ipod, to radio, to sat radio, but you can't change stations/presets/pick selections when you do. You can only turn on and off the climate control, not adjust it. "Radio FM 101.1" does not work either.

I would have to sit down with the manual to figure out all the stuff my 08 CAN'T do compared to the 07 models. It DOES seem to work and almost never gets it wrong, but I have "Trained" it. I would have been nice to get to try the other commands, but it is not a deal breaker - just something to note if you have previous experience with an 07 version of the system.

Dennis
  • jennmajennma Member Posts: 40
    It seems I am a little late with this, but will post it anyway. Work was busy last week!

I bought my 07 G35 6MT (platinum graphite/graphite interior with premium, splashguards, cargo mat & net) from Motorwerks of Barrington, IL in mid September for $250 above invoice. The standard document fee for sales in IL is $58.48, but you might be able to get them to waive that. There was no $90 charge for "supplemental warranty cost recovery" on my sales form. Maybe the document fee changed to $150 since I bought mine. Motorwerks were very helpful, friendly and professional, it was a good experience.

There was no joy from Fields of Glencoe or Fields of Libertyville, both of them quoted quite differently, but they were WAY above other quotes I received (with only about a discount of $1000 off MSRP). As a woman car buyer, their attitude was very patronizing.

The experience at Infiniti of Lisle was good too, they gave me a good price on a 6MT with the above options plus navigation. Unfortunately, it was in the Garnet Ember color with light grey interior that I didn't really like enough, plus I felt 50/50 on the navigation package.

I agree with you on the taxes for Cook County. Ugh! Shame we live on the border of Cook and Lake. :cry:
  • crvjoecrvjoe Member Posts: 24
    Dennis, the car looks great! You really know how to deal.
    I've got only 400 miles on mine now. I only drive it on sunny days and am trying to baby it. It's in the shop getting a clear bra put on the front. I already have a small chip on the lower bumper, so I'm hoping this will prevent any more. The roads in Birmingham, especially hwy 280, where I drive are littered with stones being thrown up by trucks.

One word of advice, be careful with the inside door handles. They scratch real easy. The installer is going to put the film on them also.
    Joe :)
    Who did you get to do it and how much? The dealer here puts in all their cars but they charge 1 arm and 2 legs for it :D .

I am in the convertible today, supposed to be near 60 this afternoon so I plan on dropping the top for the drive home.

Dennis
  • crvjoecrvjoe Member Posts: 24
    Dennis,

I'm having it done here in Birmingham by Mark Chadwick of Advance Shield. He is doing the front bumper (top and bottom), fenders, 24" of hood, mirrors, underneath the door handles,side panels around the windshield, and interior door handles for $730. It seems like a good price for what he is doing. He comes highly recommended. He just got finished doing a Lamborgini for someone here and there are other high end cars that I have seen the work. He does use the 3M film and has a 5 year warranty.

Joe