Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Also Toyota was also down over 2% overall for Jan.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The sales tax rate in CA will vary, depending on where you live.. Most rates that I see posted, vary between 8.25%-8.75%.. In addition, you'll have licensing/title fees ($200-$350), and usually an optional dealer document fee (restricted to $55 by state law, I think).

Usually, in CA, a rough estimate is 10% of the selling price for all taxes and fees.. That will get you within $100 either way, on most vehicles.

Hope that helps,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    I have not idea. What did you pay for the car? What is the MF used in the lease?

I have not seen all the Feb G numbers yet, but it APPEARS that they are lowering the MF and not raising it.

Dennis
  • maybebuyacarmaybebuyacar Member Posts: 4
    Can someone tell me how close to invoice a buyer might expect to get in today's market on the G37 sport 6mt w/premium package?

My figures seem to show an MSRP of $39,465, invoice of $36,160 and destination of $680.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
  • crvjoecrvjoe Member Posts: 24
    Dennis just got one. I'm sure that he will be happy to help you. I purchased a Journy w/automatic,sport,navigation, and preminum back at the first of December for invoice and then some . You can see my earlier post.

Good luck. You will love this car.
  • maybebuyacarmaybebuyacar Member Posts: 4
    Nice numbers (and thanks for the reply, CRVJoe). I remain optimistic that my local dealer will come through on price but, if not, my shopping geography extends into Knoxville w/o any problem. I can also extend throughout North Carolina and South Carolina, Alabama (Birmingham), Georgia (Augusta and Atlanta), and maybe N Florida through Orlando. I am looking for the G37, sport 6MT w/premium package. Still undecided on colors.
    They can be hard to find, and real hard to find and THEN get a deal on them. It looks like they just did not make (or dealers order?) many 6mt sedans or coupes. The one they had on the way to Knoxville is now going to the GA dealer that had the silver car I got.

With the Knoxville dealer offering no dealer fee and no mark up on leases (if you plan on leasing) you could do worse :D . Any dealer you choose and do a local and see what is on the lots and what is on the way. If they can't find something suitable, then they can order it for you.

If you consider an automatic coupe, then you choices are many and no problem (should be) getting a deal.

Dennis
  • wmaungwmaung Member Posts: 11
    Hey Guys,
    I went a dealer at north NJ. A sale manager gave me g35x Prem Pkg with Nav at 39k OTD. How do you think it is a deal? I would like to get it, but I'm not sure it's good or not. I appreciate and thanks in advanced for any suggestions.
  • 7211232772112327 Member Posts: 3
    I have struck a deal in Richmond, Virginia for a G35x prem, nav, wood, splash guards for $38.7k OTD. so $39K OTD is certainly in line with what I could do. Whether that's good or not, I don't know. I'm happy with it and I even came from Virginia Beach since the local dealer ignored me.
  • hawkmanvahawkmanva Member Posts: 27
    I got a 2008 G35 Journey with 1,400 miles for sale.. Premium package, Technology, $34K. In Virginia Beach.
  • slingerjamslingerjam Member Posts: 3
    Wmaung,

What is the actual price you are paying only for the car , and MSRP, Invoice etc?
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I got a 2008 G35 Journey with 1,400 miles for sale.. Premium package, Technology, $34K. In Virginia Beach.

I think that's a lot of $$ for that car because it's a used car. If you REALLY want to get rid of this car, I think you need to be willing to be 4-5K under invoice, IMO.
    Hi Slingerjam,
    The sale manager didn't give me a copy of price, but MSRP is 39k somethings(I'm sorry I could not remember) with Prem Pkg and Nav.Plus NJ tax(will be 7%), document fee is 275, title and other documents fee total 39k that he gave it to me. After he offered his price, I thought it might be little higher than I expected. Then, he stood up and shook hand thanks for coming and left( he didn't want to spend his time with me) Do you think it is good deal, the color that I like is not in their inventory. he said it will arrive next 10 days. Should I wait and pay deposit for that?
    Thanks...
    Wmaung
  • slingerjamslingerjam Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Wmaung,

A G35X with nav, premium, wood, and splashguards would msrp at $39,865. If you can get that for $38,700 OTD, I think you did very well. What dealership?
    Hi Slingerjim,
    Thanks for your advice. It's from Ray Catena. I think I'll get soon.Again, Thanks.

Wmaung
  • spd_e_gonzalesspd_e_gonzales Member Posts: 2
    2008 G35 AWD Sport + premium?
    Infiniti Announces Pricing Adjustments on Select 2008 Models [Jan. 29, 08]

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Jan. 29, 2008) – Infiniti announced interim price increases on select 2008 models, effective January 29, 2008. The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) increases range between $200 and $350. Models receiving increases include G35 Sedan ($250), G37 Coupe ($250), M35 ($300) M45 ($350) and QX56 ($200)

Normally the price increase is only on any car produced after the increase is announced, but look for $250 higher (at MSRP) G sedans and coupes to start arriving at dealerships any day.

Dennis
  • smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    It's official... Infiniti is making a mid-year price adjustment. Check it out here.
  • smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    Guess you got the memo to post a message about the price increase at the same time I did. :P
    I went to the news web page to find a contact list for someone else (over in the G lease forum) and noticed the price increase press release.

Dennis
  • soylentgreensoylentgreen Member Posts: 62
    Man...*F* that price increase :mad:

I just got a quote for dealer on a 6MT G35 w/ premium, SG, mats, etc. for $34,900. Is it feasable to shoot for 400-500 over invoice? Or less perhaps? Invoice for similar equipped is $32,671.
    Edmunds and everyone else says invoice is $34982. A dealer I was going to order with was saying that until yesterday - today he says the invoice is $35215 because "price on some of the options has gone up" - or will by the time my order is placed/delivered. Has anyone heard of anything like this or am I getting jacked around?

$250 (at MSRP) price increase on G coupes and sedans is announced by Infiniti . Posted here .

Dennis
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Invoice on the 2008 G35xS w/Premium would be $35,004, which includes the $715 Destination Fee.
    You can find this info on Edmunds.com

MSRP - $38,215
    Invoice - $35,004
  • amad1amad1 Member Posts: 123
    That's crazy when the nation is heading into a recession and car sales or tanking all over the nation.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You can blame the weak US dollar for that...

Recession or not.. you can't expect companies to sell their goods below cost.. How would they stay in business?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

The trouble is that so many folks hear "recession" and they panic and we end up in a recession.

Just like the stock analyst that issues a "strong buy" recommendation, folks follow his advice and the stock price goes up - just because so many followed his advice. He issues a "sell" and everyone starts dumping the stock and the price tanks. Makes him seem like an expect prognosticator when in fact he CAUSED the very thing he predicted.

So if everyone that has a good solid job would just quit worrying and spend as they normally do, everything will be fine.

The smart car buyer takes advantage of periods of slow sales to get himself/herself a better deal than others too "chicken" to make a move because they heard something gloomy on the radio or TV :D .

Dennis
  • amad1amad1 Member Posts: 123
    You can blame the weak US dollar for that...

Recession or not.. you can't expect companies to sell their goods below cost.. How would they stay in business?

My point was concerning Infiniti raising prices on their cars in the advent of a recession and when cars sales are slumping badly. I think its madness and pure arrogance on their part.

I will address you question with a question. How do you expect companies to stay in business when they're not making any sales?

Also, companies find ways, just like Sony did with PS3. You'll never find Sony raising the price on PS3 in the midst of a recession.
  • charlesbcharlesb Member Posts: 43
    "You can blame the weak US dollar for that...

Recession or not.. you can't expect companies to sell their goods below cost.. How would they stay in business?"

Actually, Henry Ford said that he would give them (the customers) the cars as long as they bought all the parts from him, or something like that. Of course, he didn't "give them" anything and the long term bumper to bumper warranty didn't exist then but parts remain a hugely profitable enterprise for automakers. The dollar is weak right now and luxury car sales numbers stink.
  • waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    Hey...looking at a new G35 here in Scottsdale, AZ. New to Infiniti, coming from Honda/Acura; have looked at the Acura TL, BMW 328i, Merceded C300, Lexus IS350 and the G35. The Lexus is the only one that compares, and it's much more $$.

Anyways, G35 Journey with the Premium package, no Navi or Sport (this is for my wife). Invoice on this, incl. Destination, is $32,579. They will give me $600 over invoice, or $33,179. They also added $1,995 on the sticker for dealer add-ons (like tint, flaps, etc.), which I said I'd give them a max of $300 for to cover their minimal cost.

So:
    - G35 Journey + Premium
    - Platinum Graphite + Stone interior
    - Dealer add-ons
    - Price to me: $33,479

Plus, I'll be doing the 2.9% financing for 48 or 60-months through Infiniti.

Let me know if you think I can do better.

Thanks!!
  • n3tton3tto Member Posts: 13
    Bought a G35 Journey for the Wife. Negotiated a deal on Friday and picked it up Saturday.

Premium, Nav, Splash G, C.Net for;

$34,306.00 +TT

The dealership was a class act!

The wife loves the car! She's forgotten her BMW 3 series. Looking forward to getting one of my own.
  • vik_kidvik_kid Member Posts: 22
    I am shopping around for a G35 Sedan('08) and have a quote from a dealer in NJ. I want to know

from you guys what you make of this deal(specs below)?

Overall Sales Price: $36,700
    Config: Car = 2008 G35 Infiniti Sedan
    Base model = X (AWD,Auto)
    Pkgs Included = Premium, Nav, Sports-AWD, Painted Splash Guards, Cargo net.

According to Edmunds the MSRP on the car is $40110 and the Invoice price is $36530.
    Also, there are a couple of charges for $249, and $354(dont know what they are, since I dint

write it down)... totalling $39887.5
    There's already talks of a recession... is there any good cause to believe that the recession

will reduce the prices(infi.), if so how long before it happens? Is it worth the wait and

watch game? What are the prices that people get nowadays around NJ?

Also, I am currently leasing a G35 coupe('06) that I need to return mid-April 2008 for which

all payments have been made(I have the habit of over-paying a little every month when the

goings good..), but I'm almost at the brink of my allotted miles, and estimate to be over by

2000 miles at the mid may mark(2000 miles @ 20c/mile). Given that and the recession factor,

what would be financially sound- to wait for another 3 mos. & pay for the excess millage & hope

the prices drop/adjust... or just buy a new car right away?

All thoughts welcome. Thank you in advance.
  • pk2949pk2949 Member Posts: 6
    Waltaz,

YOU CAN DO BETTER. You should try to get it at invoice or below invoice. I suppose you are talking about Pinnacle infiniti. They always mark up their cars by 2K above what the MSRP. Ignore the mark up. They have been offering the G37 at invoice so you can do better with the G35. Try out the other dealerships in Phoenix also.
    Thanks...I appreciate the input. Yeah, it's Pinnacle, and I began doubting how "good" the deal was when I got online last night and really started digging through other's buying experiences and prices. I am in the process of checking out the other dealers.

One thing to note: We went around to Lexus, Mercedes and Acura, and each one of those fleet/internet guys was instantly straightforward with all the numbers, showing me everything, and for the leases, taking me through the calc on the monitor. At Pinnacle, it was like I was just a guy walking in off the street. Even though I was going through fleet/internet, they followed the "regular" process with an offer written on paper, then me countering, then the sales guys coming back with a slightly lower offer. At which piont, I pulled out all my research and told him I knew all of his numbers and 'x' was what I expected. Then he had to go off again, and so on. I was stunned - that's the very first time I've run into that with a fleet/internet guy since that channel has been available.
  • happycamryhappycamry Member Posts: 48
    That's exactly the way I was treated by Courtesy Infiniti in Tampa, Florida. I was also stunned that they could so blatantly manipulate the deal. At that point, I closed the door on any further negotiations with them. I got a much better price elsewhere, but also had to endure games and a hidden charge. It's too bad Infiniti can't create a truly trustworthy dealer network where you don't feel like you are treated the same as when buying a Ford. I've read here that several have had great dealer experiences and I'm so glad to hear that. Just hasn't been the case for some of us.
  • jgrace5jgrace5 Member Posts: 7
    Happy, I also live in the Tampa area and have had similar experiences with dealers in the area and in Florida. Did you end up finding a dealer you felt comfortable with? I have had quite a few internet sales guys who really aren't interested giving me much information via email. Any advice?
  • ymmvymmv Member Posts: 8
    I dealt with Pinnacle as well. They did not give me a good price, instead I got lots of run around.

I ended up ordering my car from Infinity of Supersition Springs (Mesa, AZ). I got a G35 Journey with Premium, Navi, Wood, Performance Wheels/Tires and C. Net for invoice. I don't live in AZ, but even with shipping and a somewhat exorbitant doc fee ($399), this was better then what I could do locally. I ended up ordering because I wanted a specific package/color combination.

The staff at Superstition Springs was very professional and above board (being of suspicious mind after dealing with several dealers I checked up on everything they told me).

I concluded the deal via phone and email, without ever setting foot in the dealership. While I am still waiting on the car and there is always the possibility for things to go sideways, so far Superstition Springs guys have been great.
  • vik_kidvik_kid Member Posts: 22
    Hey wmaung,
    Did you get it already from Ray Catena? I currently have an offer from them for a G35x sedan too. I'm getting it with Premium, Sports-AWD, Nav, splash guards & Cargo Net. Before Tax & Tag I was quoted $36,700. The tax was $2569, and the the other #'s on the quote were- $249, $7.5, $8, & $354, totalling $39887.5. Is this a good deal or should I wait and go elsewhere? Also, what would you think the other costs are, i know one of them is tire tax(either the 7.5 or the 8)... in other words what were the costs that you were quoted and how much were they?
  • bestdeal2bestdeal2 Member Posts: 1
    The Lexus is the only one that compares, and it's much more $$.

Keep in mind, wheras the G might cost less to purchase than the Lexus, the Lexus will be more fuel efficient. The G is somewhat of a gas guzzler, so if the Lexus is your first choice go for it.
    Hogwash.

EPA shows: 17 city. 20 Combined, 24 Hwy for a G35 w/auto

and

EPA shows: 18 City, 20 Combined, 25 Hwy for an IS350

So 1 MPG more city or highway is just about no difference, so if the G is a "guzzler" so is the IS - and 1 mpg does little to offset the extra cost of getting the more expensive IS.

Dennis
    They drive remarkably similar, and both are sweet. With the cost delta, the choice is a no-brainer. The window stickers both showed about the same MPG, which is what Dennis points out.
  • happycamryhappycamry Member Posts: 48
    The dealer in Clearwater, Lokey, has a group buy price for Florida members of G35driver. It's not as low as some can do themselves, but pretty decent. They seem to have a good reputation among Florida G drivers but I've never been there.

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40804

For my G35, I went with Sawgrass Infiniti and recommend that they be avoided! Not pleasant. Manipulative and condesending.
  • baltimore333baltimore333 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,

Just wanted to add to the prices paid list:

Infinti G35x 2008 with premium, performance wheel, wood trim, cargo, splash guards, wheel locks, 34000 + TTL. all in all came to about 36 out the door. This was in maryland. :)
    Hi Waltaz,
    Congratulation to you for new G35. I'm also looking for G35x in NJ. The question is How many numbers of Credit score that be qualified for 2.9 % financing? Would you mind tell me how many points need to qualify to get. Thanks in advance...
    Hi Vik_Kid,
    I didn't get G35x yet. I'm waiting for the color that I want and The sale rep: for Ray Catena told me the colors ( I asked 2,3 colors) in coming weekends. He offered me G35x Pre: pkg, Nav OTD 39k( I believed 35900 before tax and tags) Who was your sale rep? I went Lexus of Edison and Is 350 is way way expensive than Gs. Is 250 was less power compare than G35. Anyways, I might go and check RC again and talk with my sale rep( we talked over phone and will negotiate the price what he offered..though, I don't know it's good deal or not). I'm planing to meet him this Sat. Let me know any news and keep in touch...
    I just got a quote from a dealer and noticed he bumped the money factor up from .00200 to .00240. I asked him if they increased the money factor and he said they did in fact. He said it was a small amount of profit for the finance department. He also included wheel locks for $139.00 in the intial fees and told me that all their wheels get them on arrival and I could not avoid this cost. Is this normal? I have VPP claim friends/family (I think C claim). I was wondering if anyone has used VPP pricing and experienced dealers increasing Money Factor and other "dealership fees". Is this something that I am going to have to accept because I am getting a good price on the car before fees. Or should I keep looking for the dealer that is going to give me VPP, not going to increase MF, and has little to no extra fees. I am also finding that dealers seem much less interest in me and are slow to respond to questions once I tell them I have VPP pricing.
    Infiniti tier 0 is 740 and up, tier 1 is 700-739.

Usually on advertised deals if you are in tier 0 or 1 you get the "super preferred rate".

Dennis
    I ran into this as well. My local dealer marks up the MF and charges $500 or so for the "doc" fee. They also add > $1k in crap-o-la to each car (clear bra, wheel locks, wind deflector, nitrogen fill, etc). So if you walk in with a VPP claim code they expect you to pay VPP + fee + all the dealer add on stuff + a marked up MF. You would be a lot better off to NOT use VPP and buy from a dealer than does not mark up, have a large fee, and/or add extras to the car. I even called the VPP folks and they said you have to pay the doc fee they normally charge, couldn't help on the on the MF mark up, and you would have to negotiate the price of the dealer add ons for yourself.

What I would do is shop for the dealer. Contact them in a wide radius from where you live and ask if they mark up the IFS money factor on leases and do they have a doc or prep fee and what it is. Also ask about what they have added to the car, if anything. Once you have the best dealers pin-pointed, then see if they have a car you want and present your VPP claim code. It is VOLUNTARY for them to honor it on the car you want or not. But if you start with dealers with no add ons, no markup, and no dealer fee, you should end up with a much better net deal than working with your current dealer. Even if they refuse your VPP, if you leased at say $500-600 over invoice with no extras you would have a nicer deal. Keep in mind that the dealer that accepts your VPP gets what you pay PLUS a 2.5% of invoice (not counting destination fee) back from Infiniti as a delivery fee. So your VPP may be $300 over invoice, but the dealer is getting say $850 (loaded sedan) to $950 (loaded coupe) back. So the VPP deal would net them MORE profit that leasing at $1k over invoice or less.

Harper, over in Knoxville, leased me my G37 at VPP with $0 doc fee and at the lease buy rate. Well worth the trip, for me, to save the money compared to other dealers.

Dennis
    That sounds like it would be a better starting point. I have been trying to get the price first with VPP claim code then asking for a breakdown of the lease.

I was also wondering are the doc and prep fees usually included in the dealer fees. The quotes i have been getting have dealer fees ranging anywhere from 400-600. Based on what I have read in the forums these seem high. Although, I have received these numbers after the already know I am a VPP customer. All have said they can't waive this fees can't be waived...

Should I be happy if I am at invoice or under even if the fees are high?
    You can figure the VPP price for yourself, it is not complex but I made a simple spreadsheet to use to figure it.

Item Enter Model info here (B1)
    MSRP $Enter amount here (B2)
    Invoice $Enter amount here (B3)
    Less Dest =B3-715
    Less Discount=B4 * (1 - 0.0165)
    W/Delivery Fee =B5*1.025
    Plus Dest =B6+715

The text on the left goes in cells A1-A7, the info/amounts/formulas on the right in bold go in cells B1-B7. The you drop in the invoice in cell B3 (B2 and B1 are just for reference) it will calculate the plan C and plan D VPP price.

You can take the MSRP and equipment list from a car's window sticker on the dealer's online inventory and find invoice here at Edmunds, KBB, or carsdirect.com. No need to ask the dealer what the VPP price is.

Most dealers have a set "doc" or "prep" fee (maybe both?) and by law or by rule they charge the same to every customer, including VPP customers.

So use the dealer locator at the Infiniti page and start contacting dealers (preferably by Internet) and simply ask them

"What are your dealer doc and/or prep fees?".

You can also ask them

"Any other fees added to the price by the dealership that are not actual tax, title, and tag fees?".

I would also ask

"Do you mark up IFS lease money factors, and if so, by how much?".

You could also ask

"Do your cars come with any dealer added accessories or are they as delivered from Infiniti?".

Keep searching dealers in an ever widening circle until you find some that have no markup and little or no added fees and add on stuff. You can then see if these dealers have the car you want - model, options, and colors. If they do then ask your Internet sales reps

"How much over invoice for this car (insert stock number from online inventory here)?".

If the prices come back at $300 or less, then you will not need your VPP claim code. If they comes back more than $300 over, then you can either make them a counter offer or ask them

"Do you honor VPP pricing on that car?".

If they say yes, you should be done. You could find you would have to travel way too far to get out of all the add ons, if that is the case then just take the dealer(s) that offer the least amount of added on stuff. If your best dealing dealer does not have the exact car, but there are other dealers in their area, they can probably swap cars for free of a small fee (to you) to get the right car so you avoid paying the extras. Heck, if you find a dealer with no fees and add ons, you could probably pay them to haul you the right car from a distant dealer and still come out cheaper. You could also have them order you want you want and do the VPP deal when it comes in.

Dennis
    Great post! Thanks, Dennis!