Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• csloan9999csloan9999 Member Posts: 4
    That sounds like a pretty sweet deal with the financing! I think the 2008 G35's are going at an even bigger discount than the G37 since they are switching up to the G37 sedan model for 2009. They have a nce $3000 dealer incentives on the G35, but only $1000 on the G37, so they're definitely looking to unload them quickly. I'd say try and buy by Jan 5th if you're in the market right now, that seems to be the cutoff on all these deals!
  • bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    I was quoted (2 months ago) for an 08 G35 Sedan, Journey with Premium, $28,000 plus TT&L. There was no fluff added and the MSRP was approximately $36,600. My girlfriend decided not to buy the car, only because of her tentative employment scenario. She would have been able to trade her 06 Sedan in and make the exchange with a lower bank payment then she pesently had.(The $28,000 price was given before they even knew of her trade). At the time, they had 90 G35 sedans in stock. I'm sure that deals can still be made and when the 08s are gone, heavy discounting will begin with the 09s as well (allthough not as deep).
  • nexyajanexyaja Member Posts: 7
    I want to lease the car, but the only problem is dealer won't apply $3000 credit toward Cap cost reduction for lease/
    Buy option: Cost is $33150,
    For Lease option: Price Cap Cost jumps to $36150....
    This results in monthly payments (with $1500 in fees etc) to jump from $380 to $450

Does any one know if I could use "outside" lease company to finance this...
  • trinbago1trinbago1 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know of any good G37/G35X lease deals in or near NYC?
  • redline122redline122 Member Posts: 67
    nexyaja,
    Sure you can use a 3rd party to lease the vehicle out to you. Check out leasecompare.com as one example of an "outside" lease company. The money factors and residuals may not be as attractive as what you may find with IFS (Infiniti Financial Services) - but the cash offer discounts may offset that. Good luck with the acquisition.
  • txvinyl1txvinyl1 Member Posts: 14
    Well, you definitely got a good deal on the G37, compared to the deals I've been offered.
  • sphlsphl Member Posts: 7
    I couldn't get them to lower to your price of $29995. Legacy quoted me $309K 08 g35x w/ premium. With that, I got a quote of $315K in seattle area and $314K in portland area. I finally got the car for $314K cash in Portland + license & doc fee ($73 total) + tax that I'll have to pay later in my state (9.3%). Highly recommend the dealership in OR. No fuzz, didn't try to sell me anything extra.
  • blnewtoblnewto Member Posts: 146
    couldn't get them to lower to your price of $29995. Legacy quoted me $309K 08 g35x w/ premium. With that, I got a quote of $315K in seattle area and $314K in portland area. I finally got the car for $314K cash in Portland + license & doc fee ($73 total) + tax that I'll have to pay later in my state (9.3%). Highly recommend the dealership in OR. No fuzz, didn't try to sell me anything extra.
    Damn, for 309k you should be able to get more than 1 Infiniti G :)
  • KemistKemist Member Posts: 2
    help me out guys, im ready to get a 2008 G35X-S with navi, tech, and premium.

msrp: 42,430.00
    deal: 37900.00

they are taking my two last nissan maxima payments which total to 700.00 and all that im giving down is 719.00 which is 1st mo. and taxes and tags. my monthly payment before tax is 483.00. 39 month lease with 10,000 miles a year.

should i jump on this? or try and get them down some more, please respond soon as i am ready to give my 500 dollar deposit.

thanks,
    Glenn
  • csloan9999csloan9999 Member Posts: 4
    Make sure you go through the Internet -- every dealer I visited in person or called on the phone couldn't come near this price. All the online quotes were much much better without me even doing any negotiations. But it certainly helps to target an area with a concentrated number of Infiniti dealers -- they seem to be the most aggressive with their pricing. If they're the only dealer around for 200 miles, I assure you they are aware of this fact and know they don't have to compete on price. Good luck!
  • KhalsakirpanKhalsakirpan Member Posts: 1
    I know i asked this question in the edmund's answers section, but i need more advice and as soon as possible. I really want this 2003 g35, but it seems like everyone in my family is rooting for me to fail, and i dunno what to do. The car is $9,980 and has 118K miles on it. It has a bunch of stuff inside, the inside is nice and clean and has good leather. The engine seems good, he seems to take care of it well and it has many features such as an Alpine navigation system with voice activation, DVD video player, XM satellite radio w/real time traffic nav, Bluetooth hands-free, HD Radio tuner, back-up camera and on-screen iPod interface all tied into the steering wheel controls. The top of the line Viper remote engine starter/alarm system has a two way lcd remote and also locks/unlocks and rolls up windows and K-40 Calibre radar detector and laser diffuser. The only thing is is that he hasn't changed the transmission oil.... is this a huge problem, and he is not the only owner. Can this car last after 118K and what kinda of repair are these car's known and what kinda of problems do these car's have after this milage and around how much do they cost. I know i am asking alot.... but please people..... help me out.
  • jetsetterjetsetter Member Posts: 3
    Just got this today for $31,420 + tax etc....with the above options. Seems like a great deal.
    just got a G35X in MA with Nav, prem (MSRP $40320) for $453/m 39m lease with 15K miles per year and $1450 down for fees and 1st payment.
    Thats the best I could do considering not many left with most of the dealers...
  • dashbbdashbb Member Posts: 119
    Congratulations! What was the MSRP of your car?
  • redline122redline122 Member Posts: 67
    Khalsakirpan,
    Interesting questions you are posing here...

1. If you have a reputable mechanic that you know, (with the current owner's consent) I would recommend that you take the car to the mechanic to have them inspect the car thoroughly - a good mechanic will give you an estimate of what sort of repairs that you are going to have to make immediately as well as down the road (i.e. in six months or so...).

2. All the aftermarket features you listed are nice, but they don't necessarily add to the overall value of the car's private party resale value. How good of a quality was the installation - again, a mechanic maybe able to identify any shortcuts that may have been done to just get the job done on an install rather than getting the job done right.

3. Check out KBB.com or the TMV calculator here on edmunds.com to determine the value of this 2003 G35 with 118K miles. Is this a coupe or sedan? Does the seller have the original sticker he can show you?

4. Since this is a high mileage vehicle, I would recommend that you ask the seller to review the service records.

5. You may also want to get a Carfax report pulled on this car to see if there are any reported incidents on this vehicle. Remember Carfax is NOT 100% accurate since not all incidents maybe reported to them.

Good luck with the research and let us know how it plays out for you.
  • jetsetterjetsetter Member Posts: 3
    MSRP - $38,815
    I just leased a G35X and was wondering if I should buy one of those prepaid plans. How much maintenance does one need to do on a leased car. The dealer was trying to sell me $1800 worth of coupons for 3-yrs of service.
    I just returned my BMW last month and really miss their "Free maintenance plans"...
  • rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    You can go on the infiniti web site and download the maintinance manual which will give you and indication of required services. Like most modern cars oil changes are 3750-7500 miles, tire rotations filters, but really very little required maintinance for the first 60k miles unless you use the vehicle in extreme conditions. (My disclaimer) The Answer is the dealer would love you to follow their suggested maintinace level but it is a far cry or thousands of dollars more than the required levels to maintain your warranty. Save your money in the end as long as you have followed the manufacturers required recomendations you will not affect its value.
    The key word is you want it, but does it make sense? Kelly Blue book on a private sale is listed at about 7900.00 an and infiniti is not an inexpensive car to repair. I personally think its over priced especially considering its mileage is way above average, but the kbb value alledgedly takes that into account It reminds me of a BMW I once leased then bought because I loved the car I sold it when maintinance costs were averaging 200 dollars a month on top of the loan I was paying off. I learned that one the hard way.
  • oohoohoohooh Member Posts: 8
    My opinion, don't buy it. The car is bound to have some mechanical problems. I know its nice and loaded but 118, 000 thats way too much.
  • parrallax3parrallax3 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2008 Infiniti G37x Coupe AWD with Premium and Navigation packages (plus tint, wheel locks, cargo net, and illuminated kickplates) for $38,500 + TTL. This was a cash deal in Houston, Tx.
    Hi, did you have to pay extra for the tint and wheel locks? If so, how much and did they stick you with any other miscellaneous fees? Also, which dealership in Houston was it?

Thanks.
  • parrallax3parrallax3 Member Posts: 2
    OTD price was 38,500 + TTL. They threw in the wheel locks and the tint, but I paid for the IKP and the cargo net - so about $300 in options.

There were no extra fees. I worked with North Houston Infiniti. It was a pretty straightforward transaction - there was very little haggling.
    Thanks for the info. Couple more questions: Was this a 2008 or 2009 model? I thought the 2008 did not come in AWD. Also, did it have a sport package?

Thanks again.
  • sphlsphl Member Posts: 7
    Haha you are right, something did look odd. It was $31.4K :)
  • 6mt6mt Member Posts: 5
    I paid cash: $30,080 for a new G35X premium and got $8,000 off MSRP ($38,080) plus free oil changes and tire rotations thrown in, about a $450 value according to the paperwork. The sales mgr (Chicago area) actually told me he would not give this same deal again; the maintenance plan was a promotion. I was able to combine with the $8K fortuitously.
  • crazymangocrazymango Member Posts: 1
    was that a cash deal or did you get the special financing with it as well?
  • gxfostgxfost Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2008 G37 Sport (automatic trans) with premium pkg and spoiler, with 3k miles for $27,700. Such a good deal i couldn't pass up. Car is just like new, still had most the original stickers and such on it. Got it from used car dealer in VA who buys wholesale. Dealers quotes on same car new were running around $38k. So it pays to shop around and look for low milelage used if you want to save a lot of money.
    Amen!! I couldn't agree with you more. You are absolutely right!
    Even with the $8k-$9k off MSRP, the 2008 G35x sedan is selling for $25k or less at the auctions. So, even after huge rebates, you take a 8 grand hit, as soon as you sign on the dotted line!

Cheers!
  • EnronXEnronX Member Posts: 7
    I haven't seen anything on here yet about what the new convertibles will cost...I saw one in person at our local mall here in Tyson's Corner, Virginia...wow, what an awesome car....I believe they will be in our dealerships early this spring from what I've read.
  • niteflite888niteflite888 Member Posts: 30
    Where are these auctions that you speak of in VA. Can anyone get in? With a fee perhaps? Are they new cars free of accidents or problems?
  • chitown5chitown5 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a G35x and I live in Chicago also. Would you mind giving me the dealer's name? Thanks
    Fields Infiniti; let us know if they will still do such a deal.
    Buyer beware; dealers dump cars for wholesale at auctions that are not exactly cream puffs, usually needing some bodywork, otherwise they would keep them themselves and price them the same as new cars. At $25,500, you are probably $3,000 to $4,000 less than new, but you get less than new; a used car. I still would go for new at that price difference.
  • livinlarge215livinlarge215 Member Posts: 4
    With 2008 officially over and the incentives for December expired on 1/5/09, it sad that the new incentives starting 1/6/09 are no different.. If Infiniti wants to move last year's G35 models, it would have been wise to increase the incentives..

I waited to see what the new January incentives had to offer and am disappointed that they are not offering anything better. How can I as a consumer be enticed to purchase what is officially now last year's model at the same price that people bought it at last year? I was hoping dealer to cash incentives could be combined with the low apr deal. I would have jumped on that.

Shopping in November, the best deal I received was:
    G35XS - Premium, Sport, Cargo Net, Painted Splash Guards
    $34,400 with the 0.9% Financing.

(Edmunds calculated Invoice: $35,860)

Still waiting for an offer I can't refuse...
    Yes, but the fact is that dealers, even Infiniti dealers buy Infiniti's from auctions all the time. Not everything sold at an auction is a bad car. There are manufacturer auctions where IFS (Infiniti Financial Services) will sell their lease return cars or vehicles that were driven by Infiniti employees.
    100% right on not worth the 4-5k difference Vehicle reporting laws vary state to state Auctions are also a dumping ground for lemon law buy backs don't even entertain it without minimally a carfax report
  • chitown5chitown5 Member Posts: 2
    A Chicago Infinity dealer emailed me that I could get $8000 off msrp. When I asked for details about the car, I was informed that it was a demo with 3000 miles. Buyer beware.
    It was last years model in November when they were delaying intro of the 2009's the fiscal year end means nothing, If you look carefully at the incentives being offered across all models Infiniti is one of the few offering cash back and low financing. Discounts with low financing are averaging over 5k from list without the financing over 8k. I went through the same senario in October and November looking for more. There is a point were they undermine residual values and kill there own market for leased vehicles, I don't see them going there. The last couple of months you'r seeing lots of new G35's on the road. I now see about 5 or 6 G35's & similar numbers of Lexus ES350s in my neighborhood that weren't there 3 months ago. Just my 2 cents I finally descided to pull the trigger and enjoy it. Makes you wonder if the economy gets worse if there willl be a short 09 model year or no 2010 Ultimatly sales and resales values will return, or I'll see you on the bread line.
  • lablvrlablvr Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a preowned certified 2007 G35 sedan on 12/30/08. This car was traded by one owner who had it 1 1/2 yrs, garage kept in Vegas with 19000 miles on it. This baby is primo !! NAVI,TECH, UPGRADED SOUND w/ HARDRIVE UPGRADED WHEELS (19's w/ rims )..PCKGS. Great condition. I paid $27.5 + tax. I thought that was a killer deal for such an awesome car. It rides like a dream. The guy even had a metallic window tint put on. It looks so classy instead of that trashy look you might think of. He babied this car and it shows. Not a scratch on the interior anywhere !! or the exterior paint. My Point.........Do yourself a favor and look for a preowned. I read Consumer reports, and thats what they say to do. I researched this car for 8 mos. and I totally could not afford a new one. I am soooo happy with my purchase. Anyone out there buy a preowned ?? I'd love to hear about it. OH and by the way DOES THE 2007 COME WITH A COMPACT FLASH CARD OR DO I HAVE TO PURCHASE ONE ?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    You do know that 16gb compact flash cards can be had for less then $40?

Newegg Flash Cards
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Is there a limit on the size of the card I use a 2gb but thought I saw a reference to a max of 512 songs
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Sorry, I don't have NAV on my 08 so I couldn't tell you. I use the iPod interface for a very elegant solution, but from what I hear the 07 does not have the option.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • luckyme1luckyme1 Member Posts: 29
    Hi All,
    Thanks for all the valuable info. here.
    Just settled the deal on a new 2008 G35x with Premium, Navigation and Splash Guards.
    Was an easy deal to make, and got a decent trade (separate from G35x purchase price) for my wife's car.
    Paid $32,265 (around $8K off MSRP). No financing. Had dealer switch tires to Michelins. Wife drove several other cars like '08 Lexus G350 AWD, '09 Acura TL AWD, and the Infinity was her choice after taking into account price. I think this will be an awesome car for her.
  • drjustindrjustin Member Posts: 50
    I'm looking at an '07 G35 Sport auto w/prem/black. it has high miles though (44,000) BUT it is pre-certified. they've accepted $23,500 for the car. i spoke with a another dealer who said this car would wholesale for $19,000 then add $1,300 to certify it. then add a dealer conditioning fee of some sort??

thoughts/comments on the purchase price of $23,500??

my thoughts are this:
    the miles originally bugged me, but the pre-cert ext warranty of 6yr/100,000 miles somewhat eased my worries on the mileage. but these cars seem to be dropping in value pretty steadfast. so i feel $23,500 is a bit steep. since i offered $23,500, i came back to them with a final offer of $23,000.
    According to Mannheim auctions, dealers can pick up a nice clean G35 Sport for around $18k with 40k+ miles.
    Here's how I'd look at it:
    $18k at auction
    + $500 for reconditioning, detailing, etc.
    +$2200 dealer profit
    +$1300 to certify
    = $22,000 + tax
    Honestly, I wouldn't go a penny over this amount.

Here's an example for $21k:
    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=22&paId=29- 7551284

Another example for $19k:
    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=22&paId=13- 6850385
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    I agree that price seems a little steep (or a lot given the current market condition)...
  • drjustindrjustin Member Posts: 50
    i appreciate the replies guys. after further review, my deal is almost exactly in between KBB and nada values. KBB has the car retailing at $22,800 something and NADA has it at $26-$27. i was told by another dealer, that my car can be bought at the auction for ~$19,000 + or -. then add the $1,300 for the precert. i'm not sure how much to add for the ext warranty. the dealer is making a profit, but the way i see it, a fair one. not exactly ripping my head off.

for the record, the two previously mentioned cars were not sport models and one of them was a manual transmission.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Here's an example for $21k:
    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=22&paId=29- - - 7551284

Another example for $19k:
    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=22&paId=13- - - 6850385

Those 2 cars are base cars...seem the only option is sunroof, no premium package.
  • SpepalaSpepala Member Posts: 2
    Hello All,

I am planning to buy 2008 G37 Coupe fully loaded. Here is what my quotation from a dealer. To me it is best buy. what do you guys think?

OTD:42K$.
    MSRP:49K$
    Options:Premium packaged,Navigation,Sport Package,Tech package,rear spoiler etc