Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Supermac34Supermac34 Member Posts: 3
    It seems many folks have been able to get $5,000 off MSRP with the finance special, or $8,000 off MSRP without the finance special on the G35 and up to 10K off on a G37. I tried my hardest here in Houston to get similar results, but there was only one car in all of Houston that met my specs, and the dealership wouldn't go that low. The best he offered was $4500 off MSRP plus finance or $6500 off with a "cash" deal on the G35. I walked away and I'm now thinking about shopping for a 2009.

I DO have an offer on a 2009 G37 sedan with premium, nav, and sport from a dealer for basically $4,000 of MSRP + TTL. Just come in and pick a color. This appears to be pretty darn close to invoice. For those in the Houston or Texas regions, is this good enough on a 2009? Any opinions?
  • jjackflashjjackflash Member Posts: 8
    Just thought I'd follow up and tell everyone what I wound up getting. I paid $29,965 + TTL for a 2008 with Premium, and also the rosewood trim and illuminated kickplates. I could have gotten one for $300 less without the wood (they all seemed to have the kickplates), but I wound up taking it because I liked the color better (blue slate v. platinum silver). It came to about $327xx with everything. At Parkway Infiniti in Valencia, Ca. They still have one 2008 left. It's red. They're having a hard time getting rid of it.

I like my new car. :D
  • ravaloxravalox Member Posts: 4
    I've been following this board for a few months now and live in Houston as well. I don't think you'll get anywhere near 10K off on a '08 G37 coupe. I checked out the Fields Infiniti (Chicago) reference of 10K off, but that was a coupon good towards a fully decked out and customized G37 coupe. From what I've read on this board and have been told by a dealer, the best you'll see is around invoice, minus $1K for finance or $1.5K for cash. It sickens me to see as many coupes available as sedans, but no real incentive for buying one.

I'm interested in a G37 Journey w/ Sport and Premium (MSRP $41.5K), but the lowest offer I think they'll consider is around $36.5K+TTL ($39.3K OTD). If I could get the coupe for $31.5K+TTL, I'd have it sitting in my driveway right now. If anyone has been shopping for the '08 coupe, I'm extremely interested in hearing what kind of deals/offers are being accepted. If there really is a $10K of MSRP, I'll fly out of state and drive back!!

My opinion about the '09 sedan is you'll get basically the same deal they're giving on the '08 coupe without the cash incentive. You'll pay invoice, but that's about the best it will get due to the rising yen.
  • Supermac34Supermac34 Member Posts: 3
    Well, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a 2009 G37 sedan loaded down with everything. Getting it at about $400 below invoice.
  • meyrick007meyrick007 Member Posts: 23
    hmmm... i might go there and check it out. i got a quote from Mission Viejo infiniti and they gave $38k (before taxes) on a 08 coupe with navi and premium. kind of high considering they have so many 08 in stock. also he even said CASH which is totally not a good deal on a 08.
    i agree.... here in southern cali there are so many 08 coupes left and no sedan. i guess during these tough economic times people are becoming more practical and getting a 4-door. i think for a 08 coupe with navi and premium the most you can get off is 5k if you want to take advantage of the financing. also the people i've been working with are saying the .9 financing offers ends today when infiniti ads are saying it ends 3/31/09. if i can only get 5k of an 08 i might as well wait and get an 09.
    Typical pressure from salesmen to buy. I'm somewhat flexible in my choices, so I'll just keep waiting for a deal I can't pass up. Nissan January sales are estimated to be down 33% and I expect they'll give better incentives as the months go by. If not, I'll start looking at preowned '08s and save on depreciation.
  • rokussrokuss Member Posts: 3
    I was offered about $5K off MSRP for an 09 g37 sedan 6mt with premium in dallas. I turned down the offer but don't know if I want to wait 3 months for a special order car to come in.
    FWIW, Infiniti sales were down 17.7% in January and nowhere close to the 31.2% drop for the Nissan brand. This doesn't bode well for better incentives in the coming months. Hopefully it was a buttload of sedans being sold and still have '08 coupes gathering dust. Dealer inventory web search seems to confirm this.
  • TurboRx7TurboRx7 Member Posts: 8
    17% drop is nothing to sneeze at. It's not going to get any better in 09. I'm sure the incentives will rise.
  • gluckgluck Member Posts: 23
    I mailed parkway infi - they offered $7K discount w/o finance and $4K with finance on the 2008. No deal for me.

Was in the Tustin Infi last friday. The place was deserted - no receptionists etc. Just 3 Sales managers. The guy was ready to to go $3-4K down on an 09 right away.
    I walked away. Poor guy had loads of cars.
    Did you get special financing with the 7k discount?
    4k off a 2008 is typical. i got an offer of 5k on a $42k MSRP plus financing offer of .9. i got an email from a dealer stating infiniti is now offering .9 for 72 months. i guess the 5k offer i got is a good deal.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    In this day and age everyone needs to drop the "how much off MSRP" negotiations. You now work your deals based on invoice, and in a lot of cases how much below invoice. The only thing you need MSRP for is when calculating a lease payment.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    The advantage of MSRP, is you know you are comparing like vehicles...

If someone tells me they got $5000 off MSRP on a $39K G35, I know pretty much what they got, and what they paid for it....

If they tell me they got $2000 off invoice, then who knows what they paid...

Just my $0.02...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    How is $5000 off MSRP on a $39K G35 any different then $1000 off the invoice price of $35k on a G35 when comparing cars?

My post specifically addressed negotiations. Dealers would love to negotiate off of MSRP because $5000 off sounds like such a better deal then $1000 off of invoice. The majority of dealers hate that web sites like this post invoice pricing, so they aren't going to divulge it unless it is brought up.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • denverg35denverg35 Member Posts: 54
    Noted $2,000 in marketing support just started for the 09's. Would it be realistic for me to expect to get done at invoice minus $2,000?

Has anyone gotten this deal?
    i agree 100%
  • redmen1874redmen1874 Member Posts: 1
    Infiniti sales were down 17.75 year over year

Breakdown is as follows

G Sedan - down 22.6%
    G Coupe - down 42%
    M down 17.4%
    QX 56 down 70.4%
    EX up 12.5%
    FX up 74.9%

obviously they are pushing deals on the fx to clear inventory
    all figures are year over year (jan 2008 vs jan 2009)
    unclear as to whether models sold are 08 or 08
  • jngo1jngo1 Member Posts: 21
    Hi Ravalox/supermac34

i live near houston/tx. got quoted at southwestinfiniti.com in HOU, g37 sedan 2008 mrsp 37.5K to 33.5K 100% cash and ~35.5 for 0.9 financing 36-48 mons, they still have at least 7 or 8 left. trying to beat it down more but Chris Hons [sales manager] won't go down!

Is this the best deal near Houston areas? Please help....
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Infiniti sales were down 17.75 year over year

...show me the number.
    OK guys, I took the plunge on a used G37 coupe that couldn't be beat by any new car deal. I now have an Athens Blue/Graphite Journey w/ Sport fully loaded (min 43.7K MSRP), full warranty and only 5500mi for $33K+TTL. I'm still giggling. And this was at SW Infiniti. They have a few others in this range, but I have to think that I got the pick of the litter.

Sorry I can't help with your negotiations, but I wish you luck.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    Infiniti sales for January were 7,115 units, down from 8,644 a year ago, a decline of 17.7 percent.

Infiniti’s crossovers experienced a strong January, with sales of the EX up 12.5 percent over the prior year with 776 units, and sales of the FX up 74.9 percent, at 1,417 units.

(source: Nissan)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Opp...I was think thinking s/he said "year after year"
  • dhincadhinca Member Posts: 8
    Got a black on black, picked up this weekend after purchase during the week.
    $30k + TTL, w/o dealer finance.
    There were only a few left in SF Bay Area w/ Prm & Spt, w/o Nav.
    This car was from earlier in the year, MSRP base at $32,300 rather than $32,700.
    Sticker was $37,925, so in line with others reporting $8k off MSRP. Did have ~620 miles, dealer claimed shuffled through several, but that still seems high for this to make sense. Anyway, checked it out, clean and drives nice!
    Good luck to those shopping.
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    So do the 08s have a recalibrated throttle program? I currently am driving a late season 07 and the throttle is extremely touchy and difficult to modulate -- thinking that they haven't run the new throttle program on it.

Congrats on your new car!!
  • akuma810akuma810 Member Posts: 1
    hi dhinca

which dealership in the sf bay area did you go to that was willing to work with you? I havent dealt with a dealership that was remotely close to doing 8k off of msrp.
    Hi akuma810,

I had best luck with Pleasanton, they also had a sandstone w/ sport. Can't use names here, but the guy who helped me was I think second desk from the right (i.e. a slight left when you go in the door). Tell 'em the guy who got the black one sent you!
    I didn't push the deal as far with the others, but the guy who sold me seemed happy to do it.
    Last I checked, wrt sedan journey w/sport package on AT
    Concord Niello had a liq plat
    Fairfield had a similar black
    Frontier had 2 plat graph (and 1 white 25xs)
    and Elk Grove also had a black.
    Not sure about Marin, and I don't think Peninsula, Oakland, or Beshoff had any of that option combo. I thought there were more w/ just premium w w/o nav.
    Good Luck
  • luv2runluv2run Member Posts: 11
    Hi dhinca and akuma810,

How funny... I bought from the same guy at Pleasanton back in November. I got a black on black as well. Back at that time, they gave me $200 under invoice, 0.9 financing and a $1000 rebate that was available at the time.
  • Pippin11Pippin11 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I was wondering what's a good price now for the 2008 G37s 6MT the following options:
    - Navigation
    - Premium Package
    - Illuminated kickplates
    - Spoiler

I know that there's the $2000 incentive from manufacture to dealer that runs through Feb and March. I just need to know how low I can go that's still reasonable. And what's the residual value for the car like this after 36 months? What's the money factor?
    i think i'm ready to pull the trigger on a 2008 g37 coupe with auto trans/premium/navi package. sticker $41.9k and quote of $37.3k with the .9 financing. this is the best offer i got. i received another offer for the same options above with the illuminated kickplates for $37.7. so i guess for 2008 models the most u can get off is $5k with the special financing.
    I just bought a 2009 Sedan and paid $5,100 under sticker in the Los Angeles area.
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    fieldsinfiniti.com in Chicago is running a special right now with 10 grand off remaining 08s. That's w/o the financing of course but I would think that would be a better deal and then go find a 4.5 loan through a credit union somewhere. Probably with the financing you are doing about as well as could hope for.
    Is this with special financing? Care to name the dealer?
  • rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    Bankrate,com has a calculator that let you input the values with special financing and the cost of a standard loan value you enter and tells you which works out in your favor. What I found most interesting wasa while the reduced rate saved me money, only 121 dollars in my case.. I owed more on the car loan for the first 18 months. So it was a loser if I needed or wanted out in the first 18 months
    Hi dat2,
    Since I'm a newby, I'm not sure I'm fully plugged in to the issue. From what I've seen/you describe, late '07s (at least yours) is very touchy (nonlinear) with the throttle, so hard to make 'gentle' takeoffs (not that we always want to do that anyway - but not a bad idea at break-in). This one, probably originally ordered sometime around feb-may by the dealer (not the dealer I got it from) doesn't seem to have that problem - so I guess its got the new throttle program....?!

Thanks for the vibe, and have the dealer flash yours!
    Best of Luck - dhinca
    No special Financing. I paid cash. Cerrritos Infinity. 605 freeway at south st. I dealt with the Fleet Manager. It was a 2009 Journey with Navi 18 inch wheels, mudguards, impact sensor, wheel locks (I can't remember if there were more extras). Sticker was 40k and change, we got it for $34,900 approx. (I don't have the info in front of me).

FYI, I believe the carsdirect price is currently about $4,500 under sticker. Print up a Cars Direct price and bring it with you as a barganing chip. Cars direct referred me to Tustin Infinity but I live near Cerritos.
    TURBORX7 is correct. if you don't opt for the special financing you can get more than 5k off... for a 2008 model you get up to 6-8k off max.
  • agnostoagnosto Member Posts: 207
    Is $36,500 OTD a good price w/o any negotiating at all for a new 2009 Infiniti G37 Journey 4dr Sedan in the SE region (see details below):

Premium package, Navigation, Splash Guards, Cargo Net

MSRP: $39,375.00
    Sales Price: $34,833.01
    Doc fee: $499.00
    Tag/Lic: $123.00

Has anyone else got a better deal? Thanks in advance.
  • rokussrokuss Member Posts: 3
    $499 for the Doc fee? It has been a while since I purchased my G35 but that sounds way overpriced.
    so i finally purchased my 2008 g37 coupe on saturday. i got a blue slate/black interior - which by the way is hard to find for an 08 model - with premium, navi, cargo, and kick plates. msrp of $42.3k and got it for $37.9k before taxes - about $500 - $600 below invoice.

i could've got it for $200 less but they found the blue slate color that i wanted so i had to pay part of the freight. most of the 08 left are amethyst graphite and i got what i exactly wanted so i didn't mind paying extra.

i opted for the .9 financing for 72 months which i think is a steal. for the whole term of the loan my finance charge is only $1200!!!

i put 5k down and my monthly is $520 for 72 months. when i shopped around the cheapest deal i got was $37.4k without kick plates and $37.7k with kick plates. at first i didn't care about the kick plates but after seeing them at night they are so worth it.

this car is a kick a&& ride! from the power, navi, and bose sound system it is so worth it.

good luck to all of you out there!
  • espressooespressoo Member Posts: 20
    I'm very impressed with your deal but you can post some more info? Exact MSRP and final price before TTL? Your '09 G37 Journey with Nav and 18" wheels would mean you had at least the Premium Package and possibly Sports Package. When I configured a similar vehicle, the MSRP is almost $41.5K+ and invoice at roughly $38K+. Even with the $2K incentive, how did you get a price below $36K unless there was a mistake on the dealership's part? Please let us know because $34.9K is unbelievable.
  • ogar67ogar67 Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased 08 G35 Journey sedan w/ Premium Package, Navigation Package, Cargo net & Splash Guards MSRP $38,380 Sale Price $31, 500 plus TTL

This is best I could do in Florida...No dealer that I called would come close to the $8000 off MSRP knowing that I would buy today if they would meet that price...
  • tigerjenntntigerjenntn Member Posts: 5
    I'm doing an overnight test drive, so I've been playing with the new "toy" in the garage all night. It is a demo '08 Journey with Premium Pkg, Nav Pkg, mudguards, cargo net. MSRP $38,380. Invoice $35,060. It has about 3400 miles. My dealer still has 6 '08 models left - 3 are brand new, and 3 demos. The brand new 08's are white, and I want the Platinum, which is only left in a demo. I plan to do a 36 month/45K mile lease.

Is it reasonable for me to expect the dealer to go below invoice for this demo? If so, by how much under invoice could I expect?

What is so bad about demos (I've been reading thru the other posts like "demo" is a 4-letter word)?

Thanks
    Was it a demo?? I'm looking at the exact same car in TN... but a demo. Thx.
  • fuzquatfuzquat Member Posts: 1
    Peninsula Infiniti tried to get me to agree to buy a car before test driving it. Marin Infiniti misquoted me MSRP and Invoice (added a few K to each and then couldn't explain it when I called them on it).

As far as I can tell Beshoff is the only Infiniti dealer in the bay area that you want to do business with. The rest of them are out to screw you in any number of creative or uncreative ways.

The guys at Beshoff were outstanding, I ended up buying a G37. No lying, no high pressure sales tactics. I told them that I wanted the car, that I had done my research, and that I didn't want to be jerked around. They came back (and I accepted) an offer that was within $500 of the best deal that I had heard of anyone getting (combination of research on consumer reports + Edmund's forums). (I got ~MSRP - 5K)

This is the place to go in the bay area to buy or test drive an Infiniti. I cannot imagine having a better experience anywhere else. Go to the other dealers if you enjoy being screwed.
    It was not a Demo had 38 miles on it when I purchased it... Color White & tan interior...
    I have found that the money difference between a Demo & New car is not worth the savings..Maybe $200-400 difference if that...
  • johninnjjohninnj Member Posts: 243
    Its a demo sports sedan with 306hp...so those miles are prob not the same as a demo volvo S80s would be. That being said it's a lease..so I wouldn't care so much (Warranty)
    Get an 09, esp if you're leasing. Fight down to invoice flat on an 09 and your lease should actually be better unless they are giving away the $ factor. But you shoulds till be able to buy that down like I did in 07.
    I am driving an EX35 today, but I don't like it as much as the G35 sedan. The 09 G37 sedan is completely out--- monthly pymt is about $125 higher b/c of the higher MF. If I'm going to go that high, I told the dealer I'm waiting til the convertible goes on sale! :-)

Here is a rundown of the numbers:
    08 Journey Sedan with premium, nav, mudguards, & Cargo net.
    MSRP $38,380.00
    Sale Price/Net Cap $33,958.01
    Down Payment $0
    Term 36 months / 45K miles
    Money Factor 0.0002083 (0.5%)
    Residual % 47.71%

Do these look OK?????

They are also adding in some extras due at inception:
    Doc Fee $385 (is this negotiable?)
    Bank Fee $595 (is this a security deposit or something else?)
    Tax, Title, & License fees plus 1st month pymt