Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• TurboRx7TurboRx7 Member Posts: 8
    It's the journey model, premium package, 18's and Navi. White metalic paint (not sure if they charge more for the metalic). It also had some cargo net in the trunk. Some fancy trunk mat with infinity symbol (not sure if that is stock or not but it looked extra because there was another mat under it). Floor mats have infinity symbol (once again, not sure if that's stock or option). It had some glass impact sensor thingy (i know that was extra). It also has mud guards. NO SPORTS PACKAGE I can't tell you if there were any other options or not but I can tell you exact prices. The sticker was $40,005. We paid $34,984 before TTL. To be honest, I'm pretty sure I could of had them throw in the 18's for free as she only charged me an extra $300.00 for them but I didn't think about it at the time, my mistake. The car's direct price on this day was $4500 under sticker so they just did a little better.

It's actually my mom's car, that's why I don't have the sticker in front of me but I was there and did the deal, she wrote the check. Hope that helps.

A friend referred me to the Lady I dealt with. My friend told me she was the fleet manager, her card says sales manager. My friend bought a car from her previously and has referred a couple people to her.
  • espressooespressoo Member Posts: 20
    That's a great deal you got. Pretty much invoice minus the $2K incentive. I only hope to be that lucky in my dealings.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Doc fee could be negotiable, but good luck trying to get them to so.
    Bank fee is not negotiable, that is money that goes straight to Infiniti Finance.

I have never seen a residual that did tenths (or hundreds) of a percentage so that number does not look right. Did you try to back into that number, or is is the number the dealer gave you?

MF looks way too low as well and once again odd like the residual
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • tigerjenntntigerjenntn Member Posts: 5
    I entered all those #s on my lease calculator spreadsheet and came up about $20 less than what they quoted me per month. So I agree something is off somewhere. I think they are charging the rent fees based on MSRP and not the sale price - that is where the majority of the difference is showing on my spreadsheet.

It is a demo, so I figured the strange residual is probably to account for the fact that the car already has about 4K miles on it vs. a brand new one.
    The residual value is always based on the MSRP, not the sale price.

Residual = MSRP * Residual %
    Rent Charge = Sales Price - Residual
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Yeah.. but, if it had 4K miles on it, the residual would be reduced a certain amount for each mile.... Usually $0.10-$0.15 each...

If so, then one example:

(MSRP X residual percentage) minus (4000 X $0.15) = actual residual.

Looks like they backed into that residual percentage, as you stated...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I guess the bigger question is it a good deal to pay ~$1000 less then the invoice of a new car when the car is question has 4,000 miles, a lower residual and there is $1000 cash to dealer available? Does not sound like a good deal to me. You can get around the same price on a new car and get the higher residual.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Agreed.. the only reason to get a demo is to save on the monthly payment... If it doesn't save you money, might as well get the new one equipped just the way you want it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• goslinjgoslinj Member Posts: 5
    Sounds ok.. I just leased a base g37 coupe for 445 tax in with no money down. Gave them nothing and drove away in my g37!

Are they giving you the 0% for 60 months?? ( Its offered on the infiniti site)
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    A '09 coupe for 445 w/ no down? How long is the lease where're you located? This is very good deal.

...if this is a 24 months lease, I might want to jump on this deal and try to sell my G sedan. :cry:
  • agnostoagnosto Member Posts: 207
    Never leased/lease/will lease as I only purchase with cash vehicles... there is still room for better OTD pricing, as I could get the same vehicle but not in stock with a different Infinity dealership by more than $500 less and did not pursue it, as I am still not ready to make the purchase.

Also, despite the fact I like G37's exterior, I still have second thoughts about overall reliability compare to IS 350 (as an over 18 trouble free years owner of Toyota vehicles and have never owned a Lexus)... for example Infinity still uses green (30k miles) vs Lexus red/pink (100k miles) radiator antifreeze coolant (I know minor detail but significant to me which explains the higher initial cost to own a Lexus.)
  • johninnjjohninnj Member Posts: 243
    IS is tiny inside...and much more expensive. As for the antifreeze example...100K miles is about 8 years. No coolant should be left in any car for 8 years. Coolant doesn't break down as much as get dirty.
  • fantomfantom Member Posts: 211
    Buy the G37 and change out the cooant, if that is your strongest indicator of a better car.

You'll save $ and learn something about a great automobile. Or, stay with what you know, pay more, and be happy. The Infiniti and the Lexus are both similar, and fine cars.
    Being the current owner of an IS250 (wife) and a G (mine) I hate the days that I have to drive her car for some reason. Its so damn small inside! The 350 is also outrageously priced for what you get compared to a G.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • packrfanpackrfan Member Posts: 50
    Can you share details on your lease? Also what dealer did you deal with? Thnx in advance
  • TurboRx7TurboRx7 Member Posts: 8
    I agree with the rest about the small 350. It doesn't look it from the outside but the inside of that sucker is SMALLLLLLLLLL. I sat in one and said no way! Believe it or not, the inside of the 350 is smaller than my 06 Civic, yes, it's smaller than a Honda Civic inside!
  • skutty21skutty21 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to purchase a used 2008 G35x with low mileage and wanted to see if anyone has purchased the Infiniti elite extended protection plan along with their used or new G35x recently? I know there is a price difference for vehicles below 6k and for those above. I live in the NY,CT,NJ area. I am not sure how much I should be paying for this.

I was quoted:
    $0 deductible $2,395
    $50 deductible $2,059
    $100 deductible $1,995

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Ok details

Its a 39 month lease 12k per year on a base 2008 coupe
    msrp 35600
    sale price (neg cap including all fees) 33600
    residuale value: 62%
    Money Factor .0016
    and 6.5% tax per payment

Total it worked out to $445, try it on a lease calculator it works..

Sawgrass Infinti in hollywood fl

Good Luck!
  • andy300mandy300m Member Posts: 95
    Hey guys, I am looking for a 2009 G37x sedan, with Premium and Nav packages. I was offered invoice + $500, but I can't get 3.9% financing because the dealer would be using $2000 cash. The dealer said they can get me financing between 5 and 6%.
    Does invoice + 500 seem like a good price? This is in WA and we only have two Infiniti dealerships here.
    The dealer should not be using the $2000 to get you to invoice + 500. The starting price should be invoice + 500 and you should then be able to decide whether or not to take the special financing or the $2000 to take you to invoice - 1500.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • agnostoagnosto Member Posts: 207
    Not so fast, as Infinity might build nice looking sport cars but their engines do have main issues like burning oil...:

http://www.6mt.net/forum/g37-coupe/29098-excessive-oil-consumption-destroys-engi- - - - - - - ne.html
    http://www.g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/110973-everyone-check-your-oil.html
    http://www.6mt.net/forum/g35-coupe/18296-oil-consumption-getting-worse.html

Also as a proof, I used to own a new 1997 Maxima that will burn over 1 qt of engine oil at about 2200 miles between oil changes and had rattling engine noise at speeds between 80-83 mph (engine was oil thirsty) and Nissan would not do anything about it (their response was that is normal)... soooo, I got tired of it and traded it in for a Toyota and have never had any issues thereafter... potential Infinity/Nissan buyers be aware...

... enough said, will stick to Toyota/Lexus... good luck to all...
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    ... enough said, will stick to Toyota/Lexus... good luck to all...

Good luck to you as well.

I'm happy w/ Nissan/Infiniti as of right now. I used to have '97 Avalon/'02 Camry/'00 Corolla (bought brand new) and they all had problems as well.
    Screw the experts that call the Nissas VQ Engine one of the best in the world. What do they know? You sure proved us wrong with some nifty Googling and the oh so pertinent example of 12+ year old car.

Of course someone could use the Internets and The Google to find just as many problems with Lexus or Toyota:
    Google: Lexus Oil Burning

Google: Toyota Oil Burning
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • johninnjjohninnj Member Posts: 243
    Toyota makes great cars for sure....the IS350 is just very overpriced and too small for a lot of grown-up men. It is what it is. So is the 3 series. Nissan doesn't have a viable camry alternative, though the older maximas that you referenced were rock-solid well over 100K miles. I just find referencing 100k mile coolant somewhere between irrelevant and absurd.
  • rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    I just received and email offer from a dealer in NY any 09 1 dollar over invoice
    You should be able to get the invoice and .9%!
    Not for 2009. For 2008 yes.
    I left that out it was 1 over including the 1.9 2.9 3.9 financing depending on the number of months
    Thanks for the update.
    So it seems that it is possible to get 2009 G sedan for invoice (or maybe invoice + a few hundred) 1.9 2.9 3.9. I will keep that in mind when I talk to them again.
  • new_to_audinew_to_audi Member Posts: 3
    Can you elaborate? Exactly what model and option did you get? And which dealersip did you go to? That is very good price. I am thinking to get one too. Please help.
  • go4dologo4dolo Member Posts: 17
    I have loved the G models of Infiniti cars since their inception and after driving a friend's back in 2004, I've been determined to get one. It's now 2009 and I’m finally in the market. I feel confident that I got the best possible deal after countless hours of research. Thanks to the posting #7191 by DAT2 where he mentioned how FIELDS INFINITI of both Glencoe & Libertyville in IL is "running a special right now with 10 grand off remaining 08s" and turned out to be absolutely correct. I live in CT which for me is about a 15 hr drive but after failing to find a great deal closer to home, I was more than willing to make the trip to the Chicago area. I hopped on a plane on Friday & the salesman had already agreed to pick me up at the O'Hare airport and send me on my merry way back to CT with my brand new 2008 G37S!! Unfortunately, I cannot mention the names of the sales consultant or business manager but mentioning FIELDS Infiniti's impeccable service should be a great place to start for anyone interested in getting a GREAT deal. So here is my breakdown:

2008 G37S Journey Coupe w/t Premium Pkg; Sport Pkg; Nav. Pkg w/t 9.3 GB hard drive; Illuminated Kick Plates, Splash Guards, Cargo Net, Trunk Mat & 15miles.... but no rear spoiler :-(

MSRP: $ 43,895
    DISCOUNT: $10,000
    Sale Price: $33,895 +
    Doc Fee: $150 +
    Lic/Registration Fee: $10
    TOTAL SELLING PRICE: $34,055
    Sales tax and registration was paid in CT.
    No Charge for picking me up at the airport.... :-)

PS: I also got a FREE set of brand new All Season Tires which is a special for buying any in stock 2008 G37!!! Find your coupon on their website. Sale ends on 2/28/09.
  • kansasguykansasguy Member Posts: 6
    I also bought the G37 from the same filed Infiniti with 10K off. I saw that you got a free set of All season tores. Your car has sports option how will all season tires fit in it.
  • meyrick007meyrick007 Member Posts: 23
    did u take advantage of the .9 financing?
    No. I paid cash. Did they give you .9 financing?
    The g37 with out the sport come with 18/225/55 with an all season tire available
    Nice.., glad you got to benefit as well. It's a very good deal they've got going at FIELDS Infiniti in comparison to anything they've currently got going on around CT, NY and MA. The closest to a good deal prior to discovering FIELDS was with Norwood Infiniti in MA with 15% off MSRP but that wasn't good enough for me. I didn't get to ask any questions as to how the All Season Tires would fit the car and how they'll impact the handing; however, the manager that provided the tires @ Glencoe Infiniti advised that I'd be better off with the All Season tires than the ones that came with the car. Not sure what I'll do for now. Did you recently purchase your G37?
    Yes I bought the same day you bought your car on friday. I bought the Blue Slate one on the display with all the options Premium, Tech, Nav, Sports. It also has the Customized skirt that they cannot remove and made me pay 695 for it. The MSRP was $45055 plus $695 for the skirt plus $150 doc fee and $10 drive away total 45900 - 10000 = $35900. I rememeber teh coupon but I forgot when I was buying the car. I do know that if they replace asll season tire on 19 inch wheel they are better than summer tire. So they gave you extra set of tire on the top of your summer tires?
    Unfortunately, I did not get the .9% financing. Based on what I was being told at various Infiniti dealerships ....., for ex., the one in Norwood, Ma., I could either take the 15% off the MSRP (around $6k off) or the .9% financing but they could not do both. That would have been great if I could have gotten to benefit off both.
    That's very cool. Blue Slate is the color I preferred and I gave the one you bought alot of consideration but I was trying to restrict myself to a certain budget. I knew I definitely wanted the Prem Pkg, Nav Pkg & Sport Pkg and the only Pkg I was willing to do without was the Tech Pkg but I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. I also really wanted a rear spoiler but only a Blk one was equipped with it and I didn't want black.

That is what the manager said about the All Season tires as well that they would be better than the summer tires already on the car. Yes, I made sure to mention it to the sales consultant on Friday before my flight to O'Hare and made sure to repeat it again once I got to the dealer. I ended up having to pick up the set at the Glencoe location. It seems FIELDS got the tires from Tire Rack.com.

Good Year / Eagle RS-A (94V Speed Rating)
    Premium All-Season High Performance Radial
    P245/40R19
    go4dolo,

Did the dealer give you 7 days of license plate? This is expiring for me and they are not telling me how long it will take. I heard some bad stuff about them regarding how long they take to send teh title and registration. Some people has been waiting fro few months.
    kansasguy,

Yes, I was given a temporary registration for 7 days which was of course needed to drive out of the dealership. However, the day prior to making my purchase, I was rather insistent on having the dealer provide me with the original car title in order to avoid any issues with registering the car once I got back home. I actually ended up going straight to DMV after my 15hr drive and had no problems registering the car since I had the og title. I must say tho..., that I had to be persistent with my request to have them provide me with the title; otherwise, I'm sure I'd be going thru the same thing. I'd advise you to call the dealership and/or your lender and stress to them your sense of urgency with needing to register the car. Good luck!
  • jkarverjkarver Member Posts: 1
    Hi folks,

What kind of pricing can I negotiate for a 2008 Infiniti G35 Journey 4dr Sedan with a premium package?

I plan to buy this in the bay area, CA., The only offer I received so far is for $32,143.52 OTD. Do you think 29,000 OTD is feasible?

Thank!
  • lgulgu Member Posts: 4
    2009 Infiniti G37 Journey 4dr Sedan with premium package, dealer offer $34,000 before TTL, good deal?
    MSRP $37015
    Invoice $34122
    Is it possible to get $33,500?
    I am in Houston, Texas
    Some people are seeing invoice on the 2009 with the special financing if not it should be 2k below. Depending on if your financing theres room

Financing Start: 02/03/2009 End: 03/31/2009 1.9% APR Term: 36 months
    2.9% APR Term: 48 months
    3.9% APR Term: 60 months
    Restrictions $2000 Dealer cash may not be combined with 1.9% APR - 3.9 % APR and vehicle must be financed through the manufacturer's captive finance company.
  • jhallisseyjhallissey Member Posts: 1
    I am a newbie on this forum. A local dealership (Acura) has a 2006 G35X with about 25,000 miles (1 owner) for $18,900. Exterior wise, car appears to be in great shape. No Navi.
    Is the $18,900 a good price or do you think I could negotiate something along the lines of $17,000?

Appreciate any insights.

Thanks
  • new_to_audinew_to_audi Member Posts: 3
    I got a similar car as yours yesterday. Got that for $2400 below invoice at SoCal. Nissan gives dealer a $2000 rebates which is also stated in Edmunds website. This should apply to your area too. Good luck with your car shopping!!
  • rajeerajee Member Posts: 29
    Just wondering if anyone has some sage advice to impart regarding the likely cost of a G convertible (fairly loaded, navi/premium)??? What would be a good deal to be able to negotiate?
  • kj7kj7 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 09 Journey Sedan for 36,907, Nav, Prem, Sport and Aero pkg. You should be able to get invoice -$2K.
  • lgulgu Member Posts: 4
    At this price, do you have 1.9%-3.9% financing?
  • pakipowerpakipower Member Posts: 1
    Bought a new Blue slate 2008 G37 coupe (journey with premium + performance Tire package) in the bay area with 133 miles . Paid $5500 below MSRP + 0% financing . MSRP was 39885 on the car even though Edmonds showed a msrp of nearly 450 more. So paid 34385 + TTL = 37555 out the door.

One of the dealers was offering 6k below msrp but he didnt have the red, black or blue slate colors i was looking for . He said he could do 4200 off msrp with 0% . So i called another dealer(with blue) over the phone , they agreed to 5000 + 0% . I was leaving for that dealer when i thought i should try another dealer , After spending 5 minutes on the phone with him , he agreed to beat the price by another 500$ . So i went in and got the car in 1 hr . No hassle buying:) . My first new car . Drives great .

Thanks alot to everyone on this forum .